• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ginger

• lotusflower

• BasePairWobble

• unblocked

I'm lucky that I've never known yaoi haters in real life. On the internet, sure, but they're easily ignored. I think it must be very hard to ignore them in person.

The most I've ever got was a few weird looks. I am very happy that my town is largly un-hating towards gays :)

• 4 weeks later...

everybody around me iz a yaoi hater. thy dnt like gay in the 1st place...... and i hate thm 4 nt undstnding that everybdy hz the rit to chooze the one thy love regardless of gender.....

• 3 weeks later...

My friends don't like yaoi, they feel uncomfortable with the subject. Except one friend. My parents also don't like it. My mom is a bit homophobic.

@skylar91 : same goes with my mom!lol

she doesn't like queer, but she doesn't against it. She told me that I still have to respect them because one day, we will definitely need them in our life. She's a hater but I was feeling happy when I heard that.

I have a friend who is gay, I met him a couple months ago, but he doesn't like yaoi anime/manga. He doesn't hate it, but apparently it does not depict his lifestyle. Although he did happen to be a Captain Jack Harkness fan. He however is not the type to go around saying he hates it or anything. So I don't think I've actually met any yaoi haters per-se other than seeing these that are online and some of them even threatening yaoi fans lives. =/

• 3 weeks later...

On websites I have seen a whole bunch of yaoi haters, but most of them just express their general dislike of it, they don't generally get personal, on some of these people who do like yaoi have commented and, although only a small number, some of the yaoi lovers have been very rude calling the other person names.

I think everyone has a right to their own opinion, whether it be about yaoi or any other genre.

It's like all the people who say Twilight is terrible, that is there personal opinion, whereas mine is the books where good and the movies where kind of lame. That is there personal opinion and there is no reason to get into a giant arguement with anyone over it, just respect the other persons choice to like/dislike yaoi.

• 3 weeks later...

interesting topic...lol

im not yaoi haters....i used being homo haters in my past......but not now

im honest person,i will say like if i really like and say hate if i really dislike it. i dont care bout another opinion, but i will give that person a lesson if he/she dare to discrediting me.

like, one of my friend (a women) tell another friends of mine in a forum meeting that my hobby (yaoi lovers) really terible, despite im a woman...its not right to hav that kind of hobby. wat the hell with her, she dare to jugde me! actually i dont mind even they know it but not in that condition.i though she really sure to hav playing prank with me.

i pay back her attitude,i make her see hardcore SM for 6 hours a head in another my friend room. i tie her in a chair and locked the room.i leave her. when i came back and release her, she already in unstable state, her tears keep flowing and her face turning white......

from that time onward she kept her sound bout me.........

i though she already learn her lesson.

humph128616899512857334.jpg

i dunno bout my friends actually yaoi haters or not, but much of them ever dunno bout yaoi thought (they knowing bout homo term not yaoi word).exept me who franky admitted yaoi lover. even some of them try to make fun with me (get their pay back, and usually a women).

Guest FujoshiFTW

Some of my friends get creeped out by it since they are mostly girls and also teenagers therefore 'wrong stuff' isn't really a daily recurrance in some of their lives. When I'm with them, I usually keep my fangirling to a minimum or none at all since they wouldn't get what I'm talking about anyway. Though really, some don't even know what yaoi is.

For my other friends that aren't Fujoshi but know what it is, they usually don't mind if I spazz a bit. Just not over-the-top XD As for my friends that are yaoi fangirls; I can go absolutely crazy with them.

As for my parents, they don't even know what yaoi is and frankly, I don't really want to tell them in the near future if ever. I mean, they're already racist asians so I don't want to think what they'll be like if they find out I'm a Fujoshi.

Well, only my brother in my family knows that I LOVE YAOI, but he always calls them "

gay bastards

...then there's my dad who is a homophobic, though he doesn't know that I watch yaoi, still I assume that he hates them...it's obvious why, right? And in school, one of my bestfriends also hates it. She said, she like Yuri better and I personally hate yuri XD and I don't know why. ahaha! XD And my other bestfriends don't really care about them. So yeah, in short, people here really disagree into homosexual things. But I respect them. I respect my brother, father, bestfriend and all the people who hates them. It's their opinion and I don't have any right to just preach here and there about respecting YAOI and homosexual relationships. I just hope homophobics will leave them alone. You know, respecting space and self-individuality.... and that way, everybody is happy :D

I live in a very modern town so most people aren't against homosexuality but my best friend hates yaoi and gay people. I didn't tell her that I like yaoi but another friend of mine told her and she sad she really despises people who like yaoi. she even said to my other friend that she had to quit seeing yaoi and watch more ''normal'' anime and manga. I really hate her for saying that :Red_fox5:

I know some people who are yaoi haters. I live in an area where it is very religious and many people hate homosexual things. So it's easy to find yaoi haters. There isn't a lot of yaoi stuff in stores either because a lot of parents complain about it being on the shelves. So you have to order online for a lot of stuff. I just wish people could be more accepting.

What movie is in your post? Looks cute!

I haven't met any Yaoi-haters personally luckily for me but then again no one except my closests friends knows I like it and thank goodness they don't mind it themselves. I do have one friend who didn't like it but after seeing Loveless she can handle shounen ai but not yaoi. She's got nothing against it of course.

my bff is a yaoi hater.

she doesn't know that I read it because I don't know how she would react.

she really hates gay couples so why would she read yaoi.

but we are stil bffs and even though she hates yaoi we are still really good friends:hamtaro-005 (23):

• 1 year later...

initially my first reaction to these kind of people is to feel saddened.

i respect the fact that they have their own opinions but if to the point of tearing the word apart to pieces is just going too far.

i don't mind my close friends' negative reactions to yaoi since i know they still understand after a while.

in real life, i don't really much care if they hate yaoi since it doesn't affect much their daily lives it's already out there.

but in internet, it's too scary. it's like a futuristic medieval century.

'cause internet is a powerful strong tool that can (at least that's what i think):

send a message to a person and make them think of something like that for some reason;

and make them convince to think that way.

what i'm saying is, if someone tells something rather convincing,

some people might create a bandwagon of people who agrees even tho few don't initially hate it in the first place.

(unless some people are unaffected)

my explanation is kind of weird or kind of offensive in some ways, i apologize.

but that's just what i feel to the sub-category of people who hates yaoi.

'cause i know people have their own opinions and i understand.

i'm just pinpointing people who doesn't really have a reasonable opinion that goes hating just to join the bandwagon.

shallowly bashing yaoi like it's the most disgusting thing ever existed and showing it to the world how they hate it immaturely.

it's just so saddening.

Of course there are people who are against yaoi and all. Especially my friends in school. They will be like, "ewww".rabbit9 They think that yaoi is disgusting but it's not at all... But then it is their own way of thinking and I do not have the rights to control what they think about yaoi ^^ They're still my friends anyways. My parents are okay with it but idk bout other family members though. But who cares lol :_red_fox 14

Unfortunately I have "pleasure" met one yaoi hater. It was paradox because he was a gay, but he hate yaoi and especially peoples who read yaoi. For me, if someone don't like yaoi or other manga genres, I never said "you must read it", because everyone know what like. But when someone think and said in public places all yaoi fans are stupid girls who should die its to much. Thay said all peoples shoudn't read about that because it is ugly, about anormal things (remember he is a gay and said that!), and all girls should read only about straight couples and never think about other relationship.

When he said that I cut contact with that person, but he still thinking that.

I haven't come across anyone that _hates_ yaoi... or gay "things"... Most of the guys I know don't particularly like the thought of another guy getting frisky with them in particular but are ok with guys doing other guys... however, ask a guy about two girls and omg, that apparently is "different" ;)

I do get a few people, girls especially, who look at me a bit funny when i say how much i love yaoi... so i tend not to tell people...

yah, yaoi haters are always out there!! so better watch out guys.. haha..its pretty logical that not everyone will like the things that you like... if they don't like it, then what the heck, i don't care.. its none of their business. lucky me, my friends accepted me even though they know that i like yaoi..hahah..

• 5 months later...

I don't know any yaoi haters, but I know that one or two of my friends find it a bit weird that I enjoy reading it.

As to the "haters" and "lovers", I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion. As long as they leave me alone and let me be, I don't mind them hating yaoi, even though I find it a pity