Mental Strength (Exellda and Shisu-Chan00) 18+

Exellda

blond-hair-light-eyes.jpg

Name: Jayden Taylor - Also responds to 'Jay' and 'JT' by some coworkers.

Quirk: Mind Reading

Description of Quirk: Allows Jayden to read peoples minds, but only through physical contact and if he is actually trying to read their mind. Mind reading is more than hearing the thoughts, he can even access visual memory.

Drawbacks: Occasionally, other peoples memories mess with his own and it drives him literally insane. Jayden often tries to keep a very calm facade in front of everyone, especially at work, only slipping here or there. Another drawback is that he will have these 'attacks' where his mind is jumbled, he cannot control his quirk and he reads all minds within a certain distance near him, contact is even louder. This results in Jay shutting down and closing himself off to people, he'll either try to find a quiet place for a while or if he's at home he'll try to sleep it off- by any means necessary, at least until it passes.

Bio: Jayden is an only child. At a young age when Jayden had no idea that he actually had a quirk, he would accidentally read peoples minds. This resulted in him having very few friends because most thought he was a freak. At some point, midway through elementary, his parents moved and he went to a new school. By that time he had caught on that he should be more careful with his quirk... His parents worked with him, gave him comforting words... But their minds were filled with hate for him and each other. They were scared of their son who had a quirk and the fact that Jayden could read their thoughts about him, about each other- it wasn't a surprise when his parents got a divorce. He was left with his mother for almost a whole year before she committed suicide. Jayden found himself in foster care and despite his upbringing, he was generally a good boy. He ended up going to college, joining the law enforcement. On case lead to the reveal of his quirk and then Jayden found himself recruited into the 'Special Detective Agency' or 'SDA' for short. His quirk is intentionally left hush hush from the public and definitely from criminals.

Special Detective Agency: The SGA only calls on Jayden when his quirk is needed. This includes 'unsolvable cases', 'cold cases', and any case that has quirks tied to it.

Of course he had to come in today, he could feel a slight headache coming on. Jay wasn't that excited to be called in because that meant it was something serious. From when he could tell, there was a strand of murders that had occurred within close succession of one another. Not only that, they appeared to have been done by a quirk of some kind. From what the report said, each victim was brutally murdered, stabbed around thirty times per person. It was looking to be a very gruesome case. The only lead they had thus far was that apparently there was a gang involved. Jayden didn't have anything to with the investigation until now. Usually he was called whenever it was bad, and he didn't really get all the details until he was called in.

And so, here he was, walking into the office. He looks about the office, wondering where his boss is. "Ah- Jayden!" There she is. Jayden perks up from hearing his name called. He glanced in the direction of the voice, belonging to his boss. "Walk with me." She commanded and Jayden flocked to his side. She was sturdy for a woman and was actually a little bit shorter than Jayden. "We've been waiting for you. I'll have your partner fill you in- but long story short, we got the big boss in custody."

"Who?" Jayden asks as he follows his boss, he already knew where they were going. To the interrogation room.

"His name is Alexander White. He's the leader of a fearsome gang... And his gang is suspected of being the cause of these murders... I'm sure you already know this already... But I need you to get whatever information you can get out of him. I need to know if he's the one responsible or not. If so, he'll be behind bars faster than you can blink. If not, then we'll go onto our next lead. Most of the victims were either current members or retired members of Mr. Whites gang. I need to know if he's killing his own members or if someone else is targeting them." She says, while flipping through a file, she points at his image, "I've heard that he has some ability... I would also like to know about that as well as we have no clear in tell on what it actually is." She said, finally they had reached the interrogation room. "Your partner is already in there, they are actually waiting on you, so get in there champ." She said before patting him twice on the back.

Jayden lets out a huff, taking the file from her. His job would be fairly simple, he got to sit back and watch while his partner talked it out. Either Mr. White would be compliant and work with them or he would have to use his quirk on him, which he didn't want to have to do if he didn't need to. He sits down next to his partner who spoke up. "You're here. Now we can begin." He gestures to himself, "My name is Detective Grant and-" He gestures to Jayden, "This is my partner, Detective Jayden." He flips open the file in front of him, "I'll cut straight to business, Mr. White. You and your gang are suspicious of these murders..." He lays out the images of the victims, "So any information you can offer would be helpful. Might I add that your cooperation with the investigation would help clear your name and perhaps we could work out some kind of deal. However, if you are in fact guilty of these heinous crimes, no deal can be made, you'll spend your life behind bars." He rolls his fingers across the table, "So what will it be, hmm?"

Detective Grants quirk was that he was a literal shield and could project a shield in front of him. His shield was strong enough to stop bullets. However, his drawback was that his body was left vulnerable, he can barely move physically because his shield requires intense concentration. Using his shield also makes him stiff afterwards. For now, Jayden would let his partner deal with Alexander White, that is until he couldn't anymore. Then he would step in.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Exellda

• Shisu-Chan00

2b0b77c223814d8bccce4b70601991f544e6f8ab_hq.jpg

b2cb5e368e069a5307fd542a4a4140fc.jpg

1cf3f90efe1dba9d0c58a02806fdd275.jpg

8e6acdae805c71605b1d0e4c6fc66d6b.png

Name: Alexander White

Quirk: Emotion Manipulation

Description of Quirk: This allows Alexander to alter the emotions of others through physical contact. He can project any emotion onto someone or change their emotions depending on how he wants them to feel.

Drawbacks: His quirk causes him to grow increasingly tired depending on how much he uses to alter someone’s emotions. Aside from this his quirk is relatively safe to use. Alexander isn’t a very physical person however, so his lack of want to physically interact with others is sort of a drawback in itself.

Bio: Ever since he was little he realized he had a quirk. He never liked touching others because his emotions would usually be projected on them without him meaning to. Until the birth of his sister he stuck to himself and didn’t talk to many people. When he was ten his little sister came into the world and he started using his quirk to calm her fussing when she was a baby. She often had anxiety attacks when she was older and he would help her with these. She was, for a long time, the only person he ever wanted to help. When he was 18 his sister was diagnosed with cancer giving her a projected life span of a few years. They didn’t have the money to pay for the medical bills so he had to work multiple jobs in order to even start to pay for the medical bills. When he was 19 he was introduced to the underground life and started a gang, turning to illegal dealings to make the money for his sisters condition. He quickly rose up in the ranks using his quirk to rise up in the streets and to get the money they needed to pay for the debts and new surgeries she needed. She is his only reason for living and the only reason for why he does what he does.

~~~

He could hear the sirens as if they were right against his ear. He groaned lowly, his chest rising and falling in quick succession as his back pressed against the wall of an alleyway. The cops were everywhere, swarming the place. They had infiltrated their base in hopes to bring in Alexander for questioning about something he had no idea about. His groupies ran and he decided to take off too. He pushed off the wall turning to head toward the other part of the docks only to find a cop shining a light in his face. “Stop right there!” he yelled as Alex turned to run.

He was quickly blocked off and forced to surrender. His hands went into the air as he was backed against a wall and handcuffed. He couldn’t help but hate himself a little bit for getting caught. His mother would be pissed. He complied with the officers ducking into a squad car before being hauled off to processing. He wasn’t being convicted but he did get hand-cuffed in sat in an interrogation room to wait.

He tapped his fingers against the metal on his wirsts, a craving for a cigarette arising in his anxiety. He didn’t know why he was being hauled in for questioning and he didn’t really want to know. He didn’t want to be here any longer than he needed to be and if he played it cool he would be out of here in a few minutes. He jumped hearing the door open and he groaned seeing an annoying looking detective step in. He said nothing as he sat down staring at Alexander.

“So what is this like the silent cop tactic?” he asked tilting his head as he stared down the other male. The cop said nothing so Alex leaned back in his chair. He had known that people were dying in his gang, coming up missing but he hadn’t though that it could be so important the detectives were looking into it. He figured it was a rival gang member coming after his herd. He had prepared to investigate himself but apparently the authorities got to it first.

They sat in silence waiting, for…something. He didn’t know what but right when he heard that door open he realized they were waiting on another detective. Not just any detective but the cold case breaker. A smirk lifted to his lips as he realized this little cop thought he could wiggle his way into his thoughts. He was talked about throughout the streets and almost everyone knew to stay clear from him and his ability. As the other detective sat down and they started to get into this he waited for them to begin.

As the pictures were laid out in front of him his eyes darted down to them a moment only to recognize a few faces he hadn’t known had been found. Pain and loss shot through his heart as he shifted a little pulling a picture of a man with blonde hair forward some. He pushed it back looking away, seemingly uninterested.

He clicked his tongue softly and leaned forward, “Listen, I’m more than interested in this case too. I have no interest in talking with the cops but I’ll tell you right now that I didn’t do this. They are my own men, why would I murder my own subordinates?” He asked in an annoyed tone. “I don’t know anything about these murders let alone who is doing them…I didn’t even know some of these men were dead.” He tapped the table an the picture of the blonde man. “He disappeared about a week ago and I assumed he was finished with the gang. He left all his belongings and just, vanished. Seems whoever this is got to him too.” He was silent for a moment but pulled his hands back and smiled a little.

“Not like you’ll believe me either way right? I am a criminal you’re still going to use your quirk on me.” He said his eyes turning to the silent detective Jayden. “Are you mute or something? I know you’re the reason why this case is even so important. You don’t come onto cases unless its basically unsolvable. Which means, the department has no leads and is trying to cover its ass by finding a suspect quickly.” He shifted in his seat hearing the clank of metal against metal.

“Why doesn’t he just read me and then ta-da! We can all be finished and out of here for lunch with family.” He was annoyed to be here, annoyed he had to be sitting in a cold metal chair with men he had no respect for. He didn’t understand why he needed to be questioned. Had he been smarter the cops wouldn’t have caught him and he would be with his sister right now helping her with some homework she couldn’t grasp. Being fifteen she was still struggling with high school and trying to be a normal teenager ontop of being incredibly sick.

• 2 weeks later...

During this time Jayden was half listening and half reading the file he was given. It wasn't like he was trying to be rude, it more like he was trying to get caught up with everything that was happening. He would rather be informed than ignorant. So while Alexander was talking, he was playing catch up but he was also listening. There was an obvious tension in the room and his eyes glanced up occasionally, from the gang boss to Grant... Now, what Grant didn't understand was that he already knew that Alexander was innocent. Unlike Jayden, Grant was horrible at reading people and maybe it was because Jayden could read minds, but Grant was... admittedly a block head. Still, he took his job seriously and Jayden thought he was a decent partner regardless. He was a straightforward kind of guy who looked after him even when he told him not to. Grant was one of the few people who knew about his attacks. They both had silent signals or phrases to say in regards to their powers, especially if he was about to have an attack.

After everything was said and done and he was called out by Alexander, he felt that it would finally be time to insert his input. Alexander was making leaps and getting way ahead of himself, it was time that Jayden cleared up a couple things. He and Grant exchanged a glancing look. Word traveled fast apparently. It shouldn't be surprising, his power was feared by many criminals. Closing the file he had in his hands, he cleared his throat and looked over at Alexander. "Where do I begin? I guess first off I'll say that we were not actually considering you as the main target in this investigation. Actually, on the contrary, from the in tel we've gathered, we have reason to believe that you will soon be a victim." He stated at first, laying the file on the table. Jayden slowly pulled off his gloves as he spoke, "I'll have you know that I don't just do cold cases. If you knew anything about the SDA, then you'd know that we deal with quirk related cases. This case is no different. I am merely here to speed up the process, and can you blame them for sending me in? Considering how gruesome the murders are, I would also like to wrap this case up before another person is brutally murdered, even if it means I have to protect a gang leader such as yourself."

There is another glance exchanged between Grant and Jayden before he slowly stands up. Grant takes this moment to speak up, "All we wanted was answers, and you've spoken up a lot, giving us answers you didn't know we had questions for." He chuckles, "And usually people are more reluctant to allow my partner to read them. Usually criminals throw a tantrum before we can move forward. It doesn't matter though, as my partners powers cannot be blocked. Even inaccessible or repressed memories are not safe." He hums, "Of course we could simply believe what you say, but that doesn't mean you might not have any other information that could be useful to the investigation." He says as Jayden rounds the table.

With a sigh, Jayden extends his hand, "Hold still." He says as he literally lays his hand over Alexanders. Jayden's mind falls right into Alexanders and he closes his eyes to focus on what he was looking for. They had never revealed what they were looking for, merely that Jayden was going to read his mind. But in search for what? Well, the other male would know soon enough. Whenever Jayden read someone's mind, whatever was on the surface came at him first, whatever initial thoughts came at him, instincts, and then Jayden plunged deeper and all kinds of thoughts, memories and forgotten things came flashing into his mind. Jayden had learned over the years how to control his powers so that he could easily find what he was looking for. Jayden didn't dig too deep as many thoughts were irrelevant. He got the necessities and he was out. "Painless..." Jayden withdrew his hand, letting out a hum.

"It's as I thought, he has no idea that someone under his wing has the quirk, therefore he is indeed innocent." He says while looking over at Grant. He turns to look at Alexander, "What a strange quirk you have there. It's not as flashy as I would have thought." He says with a shrug and rounds the table again, sitting back down next to his partner. "From our investigations, it seems as if someone might be heading up the ranks and trying to take you out. Which, I guess depending on how you look at it, would be considered a good thing. However, you keep your gang in line... And if someone with a quirk like that rises to power, it'll be hell." He says, coming to a point. "With that being said, the SDA doesn't want anymore deaths and so, if you would like, the SDA wants to offer you protection. You can deny if you'd like, however, I'd like you to think about your sister... Who, if you suddenly were murdered, would miss you deeply and probably wouldn't last long without you." He knew that if he used Alexander's sister as bait, he would be more inclined to take the deal. "If you agree, she'll be placed under our protection as well... So what do you say, Alexander?"

It was rather annoying. Alexander was speaking and yet the idiot across the table from him was listening and the smart guy he wanted to talk to was playing like he didn’t matter. Alex knew all too well that once he was read his cat would be out of the bag. His quirk would be found out, his sister would be found out, his inner workings of the gang. Everything. None of that seemed to matter however seeing as there were men of his dying and he could be next. Of course, he showed no fear of his possible death but none the less it would show in his thoughts.

When he was finally acknowledged the detective put the file down and cleared his throat to speak. The fact they weren’t considering him as the main suspect was a little interesting to him. He tilted his head his eyebrows fitting together as his mind started to reel. If they weren’t suspecting him then why- His thoughts were cut off as he realized they thought he could be next just like he did. He shifted uneasily in his chair, if the cops thought that then it was a high possibility. His head tilted as the other spoke, “Of course I’m not going to fight you…I don’t want him digging through my brain but I figure that’s better than you suspecting it was me. Cops just don’t believe bad buys like me.” He shrugged shifting his attention to Jayden who had stood and rounded the table.

Alex peered up at the detective, not liking how he had to look up to him in this position. As he reached out his hand he jumped a little bit before the others hand touched his own and he felt like something literally invaded his mind. It wasn’t painful…then again he didn’t try and hide anything. Putting up walls only meant that he had something to hide when he didn’t. He could feel his thoughts turn to mush as the other sifted through his memories, his thoughts, his ideas. Everything. To his surprise it was painless, for some reason he had heard rumors that Jayden's quirk came with a little punch to it. His thoughts sprung up to the forefront of is mind as if giving them over to Jayden on a dinner plate. He closed his eyes with a light groan trying to keep a few things at bay even though he knew it would cause suspicion.

He didn't want them knowing about his sister, his quirk, his drug trafficking. He didn't want them to know that he had ordered people to kill for him, to steal for him. He didn't want them to know that he used to be beaten as a kid and was forced to save his mother and sister from an abusive husband who didn't give a damn about his family. Of course, the more he didn't want to think about it the more his thoughts shifted there. He basically told Jayden he had a contact reliant quirk however, when he felt himself going there he tried to keep him on the surface of it. His sister was next, he could feel Jayden sifting through his memories of her as a child and his quirk stopping her from fussing.

Just as soon as it had started it was over. He blinked a few times and groaned, “I feel like I was just molested…” he shivered and shook his head with a soft chuckle. It felt so strange to have someone know everything about him without talking to him. Jayden knew more about him than his family knew just by a quick glance into his mind. Sure he may not have been looking for those things but as he was sifting Alex was sure he had picked up on it. “Hey now just cause you know all my secrets doesn’t mean you need to throw them out to everyone.” He tilted his head getting comfortable in the chair. It was a nice feeling to know that the SDA hadn’t known what his quirk was to begin with. He wished they still didn’t know but it was all for the hopes no more of his men would die.

As soon as the other mentioned his sister his emotions shifted turning cold, “Don’t you dare…I’ve worked really hard to make sure none of my men know about her. If cops suddenly showed up into her every day life don’t you think that would be a little suspicious? I don’t mind if I go under 24 hour surveillance or whatever the fuck you plan to do with me but she has no connections with me. She doesn’t have my name, she isn’t living where I do, she’s practically a ghost. She’s not on any of my records…you, me, and that pig there are the only ones who know about her now and I would like it to stay that way.” He didn’t break eye contact from Jayden as he spoke. He was cold and sour, when it came to his sister there was no playing games.

Sure he wanted to keep her safe but it was true, he did that all on his own. He had his family disown him and remove his name from there’s. There is no record of his parents other than his father and his sister doesn’t show up on any of his files. He made sure that no one would find her in the mob and sure enough it hasn’t happened yet. With his luck it would stay that way and if it didn’t he only had two people to blame.

These detectives and himself were the only ones who knew his sister was apart of his family. He made sure to pay for her medical bills in cash so there was no paper trail. He would allow these detectives to do whatever they wanted to him but he didn’t want them to go new his sister. She tried every day to live a normal life…most of the time she couldn’t even go to school because she’s stuck in bed sick. He didn’t want to disrupt her life anymore as it was…she didn’t know what he did to make the money he did. He didn’t want her to all the sudden see him in handcuffs and under watch of detectives. It would ruin everything he worked so hard to create for her.

• 5 months later...

Grant looks at Jayden and then at Alexander before letting out a huff. "You planned for that, didn't you?" His eyes darted over to his partner, inspecting him closely. Jayden give him a nod and folds his arms across his chest. "Okay then." Grant pulls out protection waiver for Alexander. "Then we shall put you under protective custody until this case is clear. I need you to sign this, saying that you'll comply and will go into hiding with our protection." It was a fairly straightforward deal.

Jayden was silently sitting, thinking about what he just saw when he peaked into Alexander's mind. Alexander has some kind of power that allows him to affect people's moods... Or so it seemed. Not as powerful as he thought... But it was effective in calming people or installing fear into his lower subordinates. Perhaps in it's own way it was very useful. Jayden clearly isn't phased by Alexander yelling at him. Apparently this was something that happened a lot. "So who will be posted with him?" The question is targeted at Grant.

And Grant replies, "You will."

Jayden's eyes open and he turns his head. He was clearly confused. "What?"

"The boss decided that this would be a great time for you to take a break-" Grant tries to say before he interrupted.

"-take a break? What? By being a guard dog?" Jayden huffs, feeling like his headache was getting worse...

"We are not going to debate it. This case, for once, you're sitting out. You've done enough for now." Grant says, pulling out car keys. "There ya go." And Jayden swiped the keys up. They looked at Alexander and Grant speaks up once more. "If you're ready to go, my partner is going to take you there personally."

Alexander peered between the two men a little shocked at everything that had happened. He was going into protective custody because someone was going around his gang killing his people. This was strange, normally the police were not on his side and yet here these two guys were willing to protect him. Alexander was more than annoyed that he was being sort of ignored by this Jayden character. He was interesting, his own quirk was something very useful and could be very dangerous in its own right. He could tell that this gift most likely didn’t come without a setback, even his own left him mentally and physically drained, he couldn’t imagine what looking into another persons brain did to you.

He rolled his shoulders lightly and was shocked to hear that the man looking after him during this protective custody would be that of jayden himself. He scoffed softly, thankfully the cop wasn’t too happy about it either.

He wished he could protest but there was nothing he could do or say to make it any better thanks to his protective custody. Might as well not make Jayden hate him even more right? He shifted slightly in his chair pushing his elbows up on the table watching the two of them bicker. When he was finally finished and the keys were swiped up by the other cop Alex smiled lightly.

“By all means lets get out of this shithole. Cops make me nervous…faster we get somewhere with less of them the better.” He stood running a hand through his hair as he pushed the chair he had been sitting in back against the table. He was telling the truth, the faster he left that little station the better. His men didn’t need to be seeing him here, it would be a sign of weakness on his part. A bit of an upperhand that his men could use against him and he didn’t like that one bit. He walked toward Jayden and lightly motioned for him to lead the way. “After you mind-reader.” He waved lightly to the other cop, “See ya around, hopefully not very soon.”

• Saga locked this topic