Did you tell your parents about your yaoi hobby, and what was their reaction?

masha

Hi guys

I have a question:

And this is my story:

As you all know, we all have a lot of different hobbies, and one of my hobbies is to watch my mother's reaction in different situations.

So in the last few months I told her about some yaoi that I had read, of course I didn’t tell her that this is hardcore… my mother is a kind of a homophobic and it was really funny to watch her reaction, I started to tell her more and more about it, and she told me more and more that I have problems XD

She never wanted to be one of the parents that are really mean to their children so she always tried to be an understanding parent… but after the last time I told her about a BL movie that I saw, she became very serious and told me that I have a really big problem in my head, and that I became a BL freak OO" I thought that this conversation was really annoying, so I just went away.

Now my mom became really suspicious, every time that my BFF comes to my place, and we are in my room, and I of course close the door, my mother (who thinks that I didn’t notice it yet >>"") comes to my room to check what we are doing, and what we're watching.

It is really annoying, I think about showing her JR it can be really funny hahaha

• Like 4

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shiroi ookami

• lotusflower

• SailorRishi

• SomeRandomGuy

Hahaha i laughed a lot when reading your post :leaf5:...you have such a funny interest! But i won't dare to do this, to tell mom or dad that i like BL. They will take me to a doctor immediately :)))))...then keep asking many questions " are you crazy?" "are you homosexual person O.O??" "do you have any mental problem?"...

Then they will force me to open my secret folders in my lap,where yaoi stuffs are password-protected!

What a terrible future !!! :(

Well, masha, you're courageous :)

I would never ever told 'em about yaoi O_O My mom sure will think that I'm possessed by some gay spirit that tries to fulfill his dirty desires through me(LOL) and probably take me not to the doctor but to the priest who will happily perform an exorcism =)))

Ok, joking or not my parents wouldn't agree that I watch yaoi...my mom is really religious, so...yaoi and religion don't quite go together X(

• Like 1

Hi guys

I have a question:

And this is my story:

As you all know, we all have a lot of different hobbies, and one of my hobbies is to watch my mother's reaction in different situations.

So in the last few months I told her about some yaoi that I had read, of course I didn’t tell her that this is hardcore… my mother is a kind of a homophobic and it was really funny to watch her reaction, I started to tell her more and more about it, and she told me more and more that I have problems XD

She never wanted to be one of the parents that are really mean to their children so she always tried to be an understanding parent… but after the last time I told her about a BL movie that I saw, she became very serious and told me that I have a really big problem in my head, and that I became a BL freak OO" I thought that this conversation was really annoying, so I just went away.

Now my mom became really suspicious, every time that my BFF comes to my place, and we are in my room, and I of course close the door, my mother (who thinks that I didn’t notice it yet >>"") comes to my room to check what we are doing, and what we're watching.

It is really annoying, I think about showing her JR it can be really funny hahaha

if you do end up showing her

please take a pic of the reaction for us

please

u guys have it tough

but i guess i should tell u anyway

my whole family knows i watch yaoi

my ma doesn't really care that i watch it

actually she's about to get me a yaoi book

she's a atheist so i guess i have it easy

but the rest of my family is christian so of course they HATE it

(oh and my stepdad,big sister,big brother,uncle michael are atheist)

(i'm not sure about me)

my dad probably doesnt like it either but he gave me money to buy two yaoi books

i told him i am a good student,my grades r awsome, and all my teachers love me

(the truth i promise)

and i said i deserve this one thing that makes me happy to be me

hell if i care what my fam thinks

i told them when i was 11 or 12

but i didnt tell them i started when i was 9

right now i'm 13 and i'm still in love with yaoi

i was born this way (lady gaga)

I think my mom knows about it.

I don't talk about it but she gets the idea when she sees some of my manga around. But she respects my privacy and does not pry. I don't openly watch gay videos when she's around. Nor do I engage in BL-related activities. She's tolerant with gay people but she's also the type who won't have it in her kids. I've tried to open up to her that I was bi but judging by her initial reaction and before I could even say anything so matter-of-factly, I already got shot down. She's very straight like that and I respect that. I don't want her to get anymore confused or worry about me.

I have friends who actively share my BL interests and for me that will suffice. I have this forum to express myself and that's enough for me to get by.

Woah...at least your mother is understanding though....XD>...and..I hope she won't bother you already though....

I didn't tell my parents about Yaoi..they would ban me from yaoi if I told them...

and..You know..yaoi is my Life..I don't want them to seprate me from yaoi..thats why I didn't tell them...and..me and my family are not close....thats why...

• Like 1

thats some great story u got there

for me , i didnt tell anyone because i think its more exciting like that

but i think my mother wouldnt mind about it , she would say that i am an adult now :D

• Like 1

Well, my sister happen to reveal to my mom on purpose that my elder brother and I love yaoi.

My mom was like "What's yaoi?" and my sister replied her "Series about two gay guys together.".

Then my mom was like "...ohhh, okay." and it ended like that.

I guess she didn't mind but I wouldn't want to know the consequences if she stumbled on me looking at hardcore yaoi. = A=''

• 2 weeks later...

I love all these posts! XD XD I'm a gay guy and oddly enough my dad embraces it more than my mom. She accepts it but she took the shock wayy harder. It also doesn't help that she's kind of religious and since I came out, she doesn't go to church anymore. But my dad took me to get yaoi once and tried to help me pick out books. It was kind of annoying...so I scarred him by making him look at some hardcore stuff. He twitched a little but didn't say anythin. Now he only drops me off and supplies the $$ ;)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

well 4 me 'I WLD NVR DARE TO OPEN MY MOUTH ABUT STUFF LIKE YAOI" mom will probably beat the hell out of me and will snatch my lappy 4rm me... and i'll nvr be able to see yaoi again untill my last breath... :(, so it's better to keep mouth sealed and let thingz go hw thy are nw.....(see yaoi in secret)

• 3 weeks later...

I've told my mom that I read yaoi and she doesn't really mind. Actually I talk a lot about yaoi with my mom and ask her opinion about this and that. But she doesn't watch or read any kind of BL stuff, I just talk about it with her. She's such a great mom.:msn_red_fox 8

My little sister knows that I read shounen ai, but she doesn't know about me reading yaoi. She has read Eerie Queerie once, but doesn't read much any kind of manga. And I talk about BL stuff with her too, but she isn't interested.:Red_fox4: My dad is an absolute homophobe and I'm planning to never tell him about yaoi or that I read it. I get chills when i even think about results of telling to him.yoyo6

I did tell my mom about some of my yaoi all got from her was "why dose it have to be two men". She just kind of frogets that I like guys and girls. my famly just frogets what the do not like about me. So yaoi is one of them. I never talked about yaoi to my mom again whats the point.

When my friends asked me what did I want for my bthday, I asked them for a little lappy (my Matti), bec everytime I used my mom laptop or pc I had to erase any trail of yaoi. My mom would freak out, she's open minded but quite reluctant to bl, she respect gays ofc, but she thinks that those things are quite private. I can't imagine what she would say if she saw the pics, mangas or films I've got stored at my lappy...

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, my immediate family knows i love yaoi because i talk about it at least once a day. i often tell my mother how i wish i were a fabulous gay man.

haha.. well, if they know, they'd kill me!

though they know that my sister is a yuri fan, they will really kill me if they'd found out that their daughter is a hardcore yaoi fan..

but I often told them I am a gay in my past life, reincarnated in a girl's body.. :p

• 1 year later...

Yes, i already did it way before. My dad supported me~ It's not like he's gay. He just wants me to be happy and do what i want. XD

My mom found out when she saw me looking at Sebastian x Ciel doujinshi at Otakon. xD She didn't mind though and bought 3 for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope. I never told my parents about my yaoi. They don't need to know about that! It's my buis!! And even if I did tell them they would take my laptop away FOREVER!!!! My mom is very religious and of course she doesn't approve of that stuff.

Nope. I never told my parents about my yaoi. They don't need to know about that! It's my buis!! And even if I did tell them they would take my laptop away FOREVER!!!! My mom is very religious and of course she doesn't approve of that stuff.

Same reasons my folks don't know and here I'm of age where they can't really do anything but just don't feel like constantly being chastised over it.