Doctors in the Medical Field (Private)(18+)

Ms.Flair

Dimitri

It was gonna be busy day, but today Dimitri was at the hospital for a different reason. He wasn't there to work, he was there on a personal matter. Walking in, he was carrying in his young son as he waved to some of the people. Looking down at his son, he let out a sigh as he moved to get straight to the child care part. Reaching the area, he seated in an area for his turn.

His son, Travis, moved around in his arms but let out sounds of whimpers of pain. "Travis, it's okay, we should be seen soon. They will take care of you and we will be out of here. I am sorry that Daddy wasn't there," Dimitri said. Dimitri pulled out his phone, as he saw it was right around lunch time. He remembered that it was around this time that he got this call, that something happen at the school.

Finding out that he hurt his arm and wrist area, he wanted to make sure it wasn't sprained or broken. Dimitri wasn't the best with kids, he didn't even know he had a kid for some of the time. Only reason was that he was in and out psych wards for some of his life. Dimitri remembered the news and he thought he was crazy, but it was in the writing on the DNA test.

Dimitri heard his name, as he walked with the nurse who led him into a area. Sitting back down, he waited for the doctor. Dimitri was a little nervous, as he was meeting with a doctor who was in different then he was in. He dealt with the brain and stuff like that. That's what he would be dealing with, when he finally started to work here.

He was gonna be working here in a few days, so that would be somewhat interesting to him.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ms.Flair

• Z3N

It had been a while now since he started working in this clinic, if he was correct two years. He got accepted at this place through his hard work in school, giving it his all when he was an intern and being pretty good with children. He had liked them as they were adorable troublemakers just as his little sister had been. They had a ten year difference which was quite a lot which made him be the babysitter from time to time when he was old enough, also the reason why he got along well with kids.

The day had went by well, there weren’t too many serious problems such as a high fever or broken bones due to falling down badly. He had a bowl filled with candy, different kinds of them so everyone had something they liked, placed on the edge of his desk. A lot of children would look at it expectantly which was funny to see, almost as if they were seeing a present from heaving arriving right in front of them. They even started to bring stickers with them whenever they came here, sticking it onto the bowl to make it look better. It almost became a habit to the local kids, having at least some kind of fun while they were at the doctor.

His hair was tied into a tiny ponytail, bouncing around whenever he was walking or doing something. Always wearing his doctor coat which suited him oddly well, almost as if he was made to be a doctor. He liked wearing it too as it made him look just a bit more professional unlike when he was wearing his casual clothes. Most of the people would think that he was in his early twenties while he was actually twenty-seven already. It was amusing to see their faces when he showed them his identity card.

Once he was done with his current patient, he called in for the other one: Travis. It was a nice name, the parents had good taste when choosing it in his opinion. His was a simple one, Shou. Once the two came in, he gestured for them to sit down, smiling gently into their direction to make them more at ease. After all, not everybody was too fond of going to the doctor. “So, what happened here?’ He asked as he looked at both of them.

When he was called in, Dimitri had placed him on the ground as he walked with his son but kept him close to him. Entering the office, Dimitri helped his son into the seat while he sat down across the doctor. Looking at the doctor, Dimitri had to admit to himself that he was pretty cute for a doctor. Looking him over, Dimitri kept his thoughts to himself as he was silent.

When the question was asked, Dimitri let his son, Travis speak. Travis cried out, as he pointed to his right arm as there was bruising and swelling all over. "Its hurts..I fell down," Travis exclaimed out. Dimitri patted his son's head, as Dimitri sat there beside him. "Yeah the teacher told me that he jumped or fell from somewhere and she thought he may have broken or sprain it. As a psychologist, I am not the best," Dimitri said explaining what he could toward the man.

"Daddy is a good doctor but daddy but can be a dumb daddy!" Travis pointed out as Dimitri chuckled a little, shaking his head from the embarrassment he getting with his son.

"That's my son," Dimitri said to himself.

Shou looked a bit worried at the arm, especially because there was a swelling too. It didn't look too good from where he was sitting so he moved closer to the two, taking a small chair with him to sit down next to Travis. "It's normal for kids to be a bit wild at school with their friends so I've seen these cases quite a few times." He commented with a chuckle as he heard that it was due to falling or jumping from a higher surface. Kids just were like that and enjoyed their time to the best they could even if it meant getting hurt in the process.

Pushing some places on the kid his arm to see if it really hurt or not. But seeing how he was already in that much pain before he even got here, he already knew what it was. "I have bad news, it's indeed broken." He said to the father. Immediately going to grab a pack of ice in the small freezer he had at the back. His assistant could take the next patient over in the room next to them as she was already experienced enough. Placing it on the arm while trying to hurt the child as less as possible.

He then took a splint which he put on the arm so it couldn't move too much which would only make it worse. "Please follow me, I'll take you to the doctor who'll fix this. It's not far." He reassured the two before standing up from his seat, opening the door for them. It was a five minute walk through the hospital before they reached the right room and were greeted by an older doctor who got updated by Shou about the situation. Since he didn't have any current patients, the child could immediately go for an x-ray.

Travis let out pained sounds, as his arm was touched before trying to get closer to his father. Dimitri moved to pat his head, as he ran his hand through his hair to try to calm him down. Hearing the news, Dimitri let out a groan as he shook his head. "It's broken? I thought it was a minor sprain but not broken," Dimitri said to him. Dimitri watched the man, watching him how he was reacting right now.

"I am sorry that I wasn't there to protect you," Dimitri said moving to go kiss his forehead before pulling from his son.

"Alright Travis, let's just get going and follow this nice doctor," Dimitri said as he led his son out of the room before following the other doctor. Walking with the doctor, Dimitri let him go ahead but Travis just sob with his father. Dimitri moved over to his son, patting his head. "Its okay darling. This man is good, go along with him," Dimitri said as Travis went along with the man.

Dimitri looked to Shou, "Travis is a darling but it's hard to take care of him by myself. I am a lone parent," Dimitri said. "How long you been doctoring here? I am gonna be working here soon, but not in your department of course. I can't even take care of my kid sometimes," Dimitri said next, showing how hard he was on himself as a parent.

"I should go inside, to make sure he doesn't throw a fit," Dimitri said going on to company his son.

Shou didn't feel worried anymore once the kid called Travis was in the hands of the other doctor. When he heard what the father said, he raised an eyebrow as he didn't really know why some parents were so hard on themselves. Though he felt like it was necessary as well. He had been like that too so he couldm't nag at other people for doing so. It was some sort of affection they gave to someone in their own way.

Once the x-ray was done, the father was let inside, Shou following after as he wanted to see the result. There was a tear in the bone which needed to heal by itself. The child needed surgery so they could fix the fracture, advising to let him stay here from now on.

Shou patted the father his back and smiled gently. "He'll be fine. It would've gotten worse if you didn't come to the hospital this fast." He commented, his voice having a sweet undertone.

Once inside on the room, he look at the x-ray that was up now. Getting up closer, as he saw more about the x-ray result while a worried look over Dimitri's face. Hearing the term surgery was being used, he didn't like that thought of it but he could tell how Travis was acting. "I know it would have gotten worse. I am just worried about him," Dimitri said as Travis started to sob a little.

Dimitri rushed to his son's side, as he looked into his eyes. "Travis, don't cry sweetie," Dimitri reassurred his son.

"I don't want to go! I want to go home!" Travis screamed out as Dimitri just patted his head. Dimitri moved to hug his son, as he held him for a moment before pulling back from him. "I will make sure to check on you. These people will take care of you," he said knowing what was ahead. What was ahead was the paperwork, he needed to start to file out.

Shou let the two alone as he didn't want to get in the way of the father convincing his son that it would be alright. Well, it wasn't life threatening so it would heal up without even seeing anything on it. Going to talk with the other doctor, Mr. Lloyd. He had known him for a couple of years now, he was actually his assistant during his internship in this same hospital. He did both surgeries as well as the children center. But he eventually chose to focus more on surgery as it was more to his liking.

Shou had been working non-stop for two days and this would be his last patient for the day as his assistant took care of the other one. He'd lock everything up once he got back to his office so she could just go home without having to think about it too much. After all she was a hard worker so she didn't need to be taught a lesson or two about handling children without scaring them shitless with needles and everything that had to do with it. He experienced it as well.

Mr. Lloyd took Travis to another room once the father had calmed his son down to a certain degree. Shou went to him as he saw the paperwork. "Need some help with it or is everything clear?" He asked automatically.

Dimitri had the time to calm down his son, and let the doctor take over everything. Travis seemed to be okay to go with the man while he was dealing with the paperwork that he was handed. Dimitri was filling out the paperwork, when Shou had spoke up. Turning to the man, he laughed a little with a shake of his head. "Nah, I think I can handle this stuff. I am just still worried with how he is reacting," Dimitri said.

"So..how long have you be working here? You seem to be very good at your job, my son has issues with some doctors," Dimitri asked him with a little smile on his face. "You have any plans for after work? Wanna go for a drink?" Dimitri asked.

• 2 weeks later...

Shou looked at the other and hummed as he counted the months in his head. "A little over 25 months so over two years." He responded once he got the correct number. Sitting down on an empty chair not too far away from the male. Supporting his head on the palm of his hand as he finally got some rest after hectic work days that asked the best out of him.

"I'm free now, I just have to lock up the office." He answered with a soft smile decorating his lips once he heard the word 'drink'. He always liked a cold glass of beer after some hard work, especially since he couldn't consume it during his hours which would result into something catastrophic. Probably even losing his job in the process which was something he wanted to avoid as he liked working with kids.

"Over two years? That is pretty impressive, and you must have a good report with other doctors and patients. Sometime, these places freak me out a little from my past experiences," Dimitri said. Sitting there in the chair, as he got himself more comfortable.

"Your free now? Well we can go for drinks after you lock up. I am gonna go say my goodbyes to my son, and drop him off something," Dimitri said standing up while pulling out a polar bear out of his pocket. "Meet you at those front doors maybe Doc," Dimitri said after to go deliver the toy to the nurses to give to his son. He said his goodbyes, but moved to go where he told the doctor where he would be.

• Saga locked this topic