Filling in the blank space

KoBu

"What about him?"

"Why.... why is he so....white ?!"

"Well he has albinism.... He's an Albino..."

The woman looked at the small boy who sat playing by himself. She felt a mixture of fascinate and sadness.

"Why is he all alone? Is he sick?"

"No he... He just likes to play alone..."

A twinge twisted the woman's heart. She looked to the man beside her. Her eyes pleading as tears brimmed on her lashes. The woman knew the foster mother wasn't giving them the whole truth. But she didn't pay it any mind.

"Evelyn ..... look at the boy... He's obviously sick. He'd be more trouble then he's worth" Evelyn's husband countered quickly. " We have one young boy at home already. And this one he.... I think he'd be to delicate for our son to play with.... what kind of life would he li-- Evelyn!"

Evelyn had turned away from her husband. She didn't care, she ignored his call and crouched beside the pale boy. He jumped and scuttled away from her. The boy hid himself under a nearby table.

Evelyn watched sadly and held out her hand.

" Hello .... did I scare you? I'm so sorry....won't you come back and maybe play with me ... just for a little bit?" Her voice spoke gently, nearly a whisper in the room. Children, whom had been playing before, now stood still and watched.

After what felt like ages, the boy moved if only a little back towards Evelyn. She still held out her hand, her patient smile never wavering. The boy moved a little bit more, and then again.... And then again. Until finally, Evelyn felt small cold fingers in her palms. Her smile grew brighter.

"My name is Evie... Will you tell me yours?"

The boy stared at her. Evelyn, haf she not known any better, would swear she was looking at a fairy or maybe a friendly ghost. His eyes a tinted pinkish hue, his lashes, hair and skin all white as the snow. But his voice sounded so small and rough, like he hadn't used it in ages

"Litid .... My mother called me Litid"

●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□

After many months of negotiating, lawyers, and paperwork. Evelyn would finally get to bring her new baby boy home . Just in time for her first son's birthday.

Speaking of which, Evelyn headed upstairs to check on him. She wanted him ready and downstairs to greet his father and new little brother. They'd be home any minute. She called out to him, and poking in through the bedroom doors upstairs.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoBu

• ZX-MetalMonster

Dawson's room was full of clutter, some things new out of the box, most others broken beyond repair and useless but the boy protested letting go of even those. Regardless of their condition, most of the toys and knickknacks were scattered across the floor even though each had it's place on a shelf or in a drawer. The previous night he'd been convinced to put everything in place and was told to keep the room in order but first thing in the morning he'd made a mess again.

Now though the boy was lying lazily on his bed, uninterested in all of the toys available to him and only partially focused on the video game he was playing on the small device he was holding above his head. What he wanted was to go outside and meet his friends but his parents wouldn't let him run off today and he'd decided to be moody and cause trouble to retaliate.

When his mother looked into the room, he put the game down but didn't say a thing and only offered her an angry frown to remind her that he was unhappy. Dawson tended to be stubborn and his parents had given in and gone against their word enough times that he was convinced he would get everything he wanted sooner or later by misbehaving.

Evelyn snickered at her son. While there were times Dawson could try her patience, she did find his more mild temper tantrums funny.

"You know that's not a very nice face to wear for meeting your little brother...." She said with a smile. Stepping into the room Evelyn stuck her hands to her hips and sighed, "wasn't this room clean just a little bit ago? It's looks like my make up bag on a bad day." Evelyn moved around to start picking up a few of the toys and dropped them into the toy chest. "I understand you want to go out and play with your friends but I want you to at least say hello to him before you run off. Maybe even stay and watch a movie with him?" Evelyn had turned to face her son, an old stuffed toy in her hand from when Dawson was a baby. Her fingers running over the worn material.

Before she could say much more, the sound of a car door slamming shut and then another behind it alerted Evelyn that Carlton was home with Litid. Her smile grew and she nearly bolted for the door calling for Dawson to follow. "Hurry hurry they're here!!"

Meanwhile outside, Litid was struggling to carry his bag behind him. Carlton was amused by the sight and moved to carry the bag for the small boy. "I-I can do it! I can I swear!" Came the stubborn reply. Litid, though normally shy, had become known for being stubborn when trying to prove he could do things on his own. Children tended to stay away from him and adults at the orphanage where hesitant to even touch him. Solitude was his companion, so doing things on his own became natural.

With an amused huff, Carlton merely watched as the small boy continued to pull the bag behind him to the door. Carlton picked Litid up making to grab the doorknob, but the door swung open. Evelyn stood on the other side, bright eyes and happy smile.... very much like a child on Christmas morning. She held out her arms to take hold of the boy. Carlton handed him over and took the bag inside.

Evelyn hugged Litid, wanting a kiss on his cheek. "Welcome home sweetheart!"

The gentle reminder to be polite when meeting his new sibling didn't succeed in erasing Dawson's frown. However, it seemed he would be allowed to do what he wanted if he gave the other boy a bit of his time and that was enough to motivate him not to be insufferable throughout the entire encounter.

Unenthusiastic, Dawson whined and dragged his limbs while getting up from the bed. He followed a distance behind his mother who happily hurried downstairs and didn't forget to bring along his game since he intended to turn it on and give everyone the cold shoulder again very soon.

The door had already been opened and his father and new little brother had come in by the time he'd reached the bottom of the staircase but he didn't budge from that position. Standing on the last step with one hand on the railing and the other clutching the game, he quietly watched the unfamiliar boy through a mess of dark hair that he was uninterested in clearing from his forehead.

Dawson had never seen someone as pale as the other boy or someone with eyes like his, but his parent had explained beforehand that Litid didn't look like most everyone else. If he'd met the child under any other circumstances, he would have told him he looked cool but now, seeing his own mother and father greet the other so lovingly, he wasn't feeling friendly enough to give a compliment.

"Dawson, come here. Say hello to Litid." Carlton beckoned to his eldest. "Evie put Litid down, let the boys get acquainted."

Evelyn, though reluctant, placed Litid on the floor. The boy stared at Dawson for a moment before looking down at the floor and backing away to Carlton. Litid knew what a look like that meant.

"Go on. Say hello." Carlton urged giving Litid a nudge back towards Dawson. Evelyn stood by the elder boy whispering to him "come on sweetie, just say hi, maybe show him how to play your game?" She looked to her son with smile, hoping Dawson will try even just for a little while.

Carlton moved to take Litid's bag up to his room, scooting the little albino closer to the two. Litid shook his head no and latched to Carlton's leg. "He doesn't like me...." Litid whined

Dawson took a few steps closer to his younger sibling, his gaze was as harsh as it had been from the start and now that he knew the other boy was timid, he intentionally tried to make himself more intimidating. Rather than keep slouching and dragging his feet, he straightened up to make it apparent how much bigger and older he was.

-"Hi." He muttered. It didn't occur to him to be polite and extend a hand to the other boy but he dreaded they would be encouraged to hug one another and so he fumbled with his game to keep his hands busy. In his mind, this was a valid excuse not to have to touch the boy.

-"Do you want to play?" Dawson added quietly and glanced down at the device in his hands. It was easy to see how he was reluctant to hand it over and was hoping the other would decline. He'd made the offer only because he was still hoping he'd be allowed to go out if he behaved marginally well. No matter how his brother answered though, he had no intention of helping him with the controls, thinking how only a dumb person wouldn't already know them.

Litid just clung more to Carlton, wanting nothing more then to disappear into the upstairs or anywhere away from the other boy. "You don't want to play with me. Not really..." He pouted at the boy before darting up the stairs.

"Litid! Come back down!" Evelyn called, rushing past Dawson, up to the younger boy. Carlton merely watched the whole display and sighed, his shoulders sagging. He knew that it wouldn't go as smoothly as Evelyn wanted, but regardless they both knew and understood what bringing another child into their home meant. After all Dawson was an only child for the past nine years, all attention on him. Which in a way was probably how he became so spoiled. But now, Carlton would have to start putting his foot down. He knelt down beside his eldest son, "c'mere buddy..." He called gently opening his arms to him. "Now I understand, having a little sibling is going to be hard for you. But you Can't be angry at him. Litid only had one choice in this whole thing, but it was me and your mother who made the choice to have another child. And do remember when Mom was in the hospital for a long time?" He asked. That was the whole reason they had considered adoption in the first place. Evelyn had been diagnosed with cervical cancer, and though they caught it early, and had operations for it to be removed, it was also said she'd never have children of her own ever again. It broke her and Carlton's heart.

Though while her husband was fine having only one child, Evelyn still wanted more children, she came from a big family, it felt odd having just one. She loved Dawson with all her heart, but she still wanted more little children as she said to Carlton She just 'had so much love to give!!!' So she started looking into adoption, which she later showed to Carlton and then when they decided to bring Litid home, she told little Dawson.

"When she was in there the doctors did something that made Mom better but it also stopped her from holding babies in her tummy.... that made Mom very sad.... Litid and you are her pride and joy, but it'll make her sad again if you can learn to get along... and Litid needs a big brother to look out for him..." Carlton tried his best to explain. " so can you at least try and be nice? Be a good older brother, and watch out for him huh?"

Even after it was made known to him how much it mattered to his family that he and his sibling get along, Dawson couldn't help but dislike the boy for his simply being there. However, he understood his brother wasn't to blame for any of what was happening to either one of them and knew he'd been too cruel to him as soon as the boy ran upstairs. His father having to plead for him to look out for his younger sibling only made him feel more uncomfortable with what had just happened.

Dawson kept his gaze down, watching the device in his hands while he absentmindedly fiddled with it's buttons, unsure of what to do next and reluctant to meet his fathers eyes. The grim expression he'd met the unfamiliar boy with had by now dissipated and he nodded lightly before turning to head back up the stairs. He was hoping he'd have a chance to apologize but was also afraid his apology wouldn't be accepted or worse, he'd find his mother angry with him and too concerned with the younger boy to even bother allowing him to come in and try to mend the mess he'd made.

Dawson looked for the two who'd run off but upon finding them lingered at a distance again, though this time not out of stubbornness but insecurity. His gaze was still downcast but he would periodically glance up to study their expressions.

Evelyn had followed Litid upstairs crying in a corner of the second floor hallway. After calming him down to sniffles, Evelyn coaxed the little albino into his new room.

Carlton had suggested they let the boys have their own rooms. For one, they had the extra rooms, plus Dawson has been in his own room for so long anyway. Second, with Litid being as shy as he was, Carlton thought it would give the little boy a place to go when he needed a place to relax and teach both the boys about independence.

Looking around the room, one will see a small bed made up with pale blue sheets and blankets, a single stuffed dragon laying against one of the pillows. Old, worn, but well loved and cared for. Under a window, sat a white toy chest, opened to reveal a small selection of more broken and worn toys.

" Your caregivers at the orphanage said that these were the toys you tend to play with the most..." Evelyn explained when Litid looked up at her, showing his surprise at seeing his old toys in his new room. " So I thought that, until we go and pick out some new toys for you, that you'd like these for just a little bit longer..."She said with a hesitant smile.

Litid looked between the toy chest and his new mother. Before scuttling to the bed and grabbed the dragon off the bed and hugging it happily.

" Thank you ..." He whispered and hiding his face in the dragon's head. Evelyn smile widened. She knelt down and picked up Litid and sat him on the bed. " Your very welcome sweetheart...."

" ..... Will .... Will my big brother ever like me? Or is he afraid of me like other kids are?" Litid suddenly asked. Evelyn was taken aback from the question. but she bit her lip, trying to pick and choose her words. " Well, sweetie .... I think he will, but right now, he doesn't know how to act around you.... "

" it's because I look scary isn't it?'

" No! Litid you don't look scary! In fact your look very pretty!"

Litid pouted at those words. " Boys aren't pretty..."

Dawson stood beside the door, reluctant to enter the room and unsure what to say to convince the other boy he hadn't meant to upset him. He overheard only part of the conversation between his mother and brother, the rest having been said before he'd arrived, but still frowned in confusion.

It made no sense to him that anyone would be afraid of the small, shy boy he'd just met and failed to understand how his sibling must had been treated poorly in the past because of his appearance.

Pushing the door of the bedroom all the way open, he stepped inside and glanced down awkwardly one more time before finally looking at his brother with an unhappy but not unfriendly expression.

-"I'm sorry for being rude." Dawson started and lightly leaned towards the bed to leave his game there. "I really will play with you... if you're not mad at me." He assured his sibling and now without anything to keep his hands busy started to pull at the edges of his sleeves. "You're really not scary... you look badass." He muttered the last part quietly, unsure if he'd get into trouble for using the word he'd picked up from his school friends.

Evelyn couldn't be more pleased. She grinned so wide and felt so much joy, she didn't even bother to scold Dawson for his language.

Litid, however, was weary of the sudden apology. He'd hear the same thing from the kids at the orphanage but only with a caretaker near by, face always fixed with a hard and firm frown to keep the children from trying to run off. It's caused the young albino to mistrust when presented with a verbal olive branch. But he didn't see his new father standing near by.... and his new mother was giving him a bright and overjoyed smile. Litid looked back to the other boy "....Do you really want to play?" He asked, though it was muffled by the stuffed dragon hiding his face.

"Yes of course he does!" Evelyn answered instantly. She waved for Dawson to come up on the bed while she picked herself up and headed for the door "Ok you both place nice and I'll bring up some snack and Litid's bag from down stares!" And with that, Evelyn ran down the stairs, leaving the boys to their own devices.

Litid curled up and watched Dawson, still waiting for his answer.

"All the kids at the orphanage don't like me either. " He mumbled. "But if your really sorry, I'll forgive you."

Dawson took a seat on the edge of the bed but was quiet and didn't answer his brother until they were left alone in the room. Without anyone to monitor the two of them or instruct him how to interact with the other boy he felt more comfortable, even though he knew both his parents only meant to help them get along.

-"I am really sorry." Dawson repeated but there was a hint of frustration in his voice at having to convince his sibling that he meant what he'd said. "I didn't want to make you cry." He added and climbed on the bed, making himself comfortable without coming much closer to the other boy. "And I really will play with you. I said I would... I'm not a liar" Dawson protested, wondering why the other questioned everything he was saying. Though he'd been unenthusiastic, even his first offer had been genuine. It wouldn't had occurred to him to sneak away if his brother had accepted playing with him in stead of running upstairs. Dawson had planed to stay with the other for however long he had to before asking his parents to be let outside again. However he wasn't as interested in meeting with his friends any more after how he made everyone upset.

Finally noticing the game Dawson had with him, Litid pointed to it. "What's that?" He asked. Litid knew it was a game but the orphanage didn't really have those kinds of electronic games to play. " is it fun to play?"

He unfurled and shuffled forward a little on the bed to pick up the game. It looked like it was frozen. "Why is it frozen? Is broken?" Litid shook the game a little before holding it out to Dawson.

Before long Evelyn had back up with a little bag and a little bowl of chips and a two boxes of juice. "Dawson why not bring Litid to your room and show him how to play some of your video games? " she suggested "And then later maybe we can go outside to catch lightening bugs."

Litid grimaced at the thought of catching any kind of bug. He didn't mind them around, but the little albino defiantly didn't wanna touch them. But mommy was happy about it.... He looked to his older brother, "does.... she always want to catch bugs?" Evelyn was by this point happily planning out future outtings for the boys.

"And Daddy is already getting the barbeque ready outside! It'll be a little bonfire cookout! Doesn't that sound fun?" Their mother turned back with a grin.

Litid let out a little whine behind his dragon. His mother wasn't that excitable at the orphanage....

Dawson was taken aback by how easily the other boy shifted his focus to the small device but leaned closer to catch a glimpse of the monitor and see what was wrong with the game. He wasn't concerned that it had stopped working, he broke his things so often that it rarely upset him any more but he also believed he could get it started again, as he'd done a few times before.

-"It's fine... I've finished it already, so it's not as interesting any more. I'll fix it though, then you can see for yourself if you like it." Dawson explained absentmindedly while he fumbled with the device and clicked various buttons to bring it back to life.

-"No... i think she just wants us to do things together." He observed just as the game light up again and he put it down in front of the other boy, leaving it to him to decide if he was still interested in playing it.

-"We can go to my room, I have a lot more things there..." Dawson pointed out but didn't sound enthusiastic about going anywhere and was in actuality interested in finding out what things his brother had.

" ... Can I just watch? " Litid asked.

Before anyone could answer however, Carlton had come up, "Dawson some of your friends are downstairs looking for you," and as if on cue one rambunctious little boy could be heard bounding up the stairs. Litid hugged the stuffed dragon tighter to him and back himself into the pillows and started to pull the blanket up to hide.

"Dawson!! Come on! You said you were gonna just be a few hours but your taking forever!" A little dark skinned boy came to the door, huffing and impatient. Without much invitation, the boy marched into the room.

"Are you coming to the creek or not?!" He huffed.

The boy's name was Terrance and Dawson often played together along with some of the other kids. Though Terrance would get upset if Dawson didn't pay him enough attention when the others were around.

Litid peeked out from under the blanket, already terrified. Evelyn saw to it to step in. "Um Terrance, hunny don't remember, Dawson is sitting with his little brother today..."

Dawson couldn't help cheering up when his friend stormed in and he greeted him with a faint smile. He was tempted to leave his brother after all and in stead spend the day with the group of boys who were all much more lively and with whom he got along better. However, Dawson doubted he would be allowed to run off after how he'd upset his sibling once already and after noticing how the small boy had hidden himself he felt bad enough for him to dismiss the idea entirely.

-"That's right, I can't go..." Dawson repeated with a shrug but stood up, ready to follow his friend downstairs so he could at least say hello to everyone who'd come looking for him. It didn't occur to him to introduce the boy to his brother and he somewhat hoped Terrance would ignore his sibling. He had no choice in having to share his parents with Litid but he was unwilling to share his friends as well, though he doubted they would like the shy, younger boy more.

Terrance gave a little growl, " But you promised!" It had already been hours after Dawson had said he was going to come and play outside. " You have all day and night to play with your dumb brother, now come on!" He pulled at Dawson's arm to get him outside.

Litid, hearing the insults, whimpered more about to cry. He'd heard these words before when he was younger back in Iceland, but they still hurt to hear. Terrance turned upon hearing the crying. Dawson's mother was hunched over a lump of blanket, shushing and fussing. Terrance walked over and ripped the blanket up, "..... " He fell silent seeing Litid face red and puffy from crying. Though the albino had just began to cry and sniffle, his lack of pigment on his skin made his face look as though he had been crying, screaming really, for several long hours. Terrance grimaced at the sight.

Evelyn was beginning to lose patience with the child. " Terrance, honey, why don't you go and wait down stairs... Now! please" She asked trying to sound pleasant. Carlton stepped in and ushered both Dawson and his friend back downstairs. " Ok maybe you should go out and play for a bit. Just for a little while, I'll come get you when we start dinner alright?" Carlton said with a grin. Evie will calm down Litid and by the time the sun goes down, both their own boys could play outside together.

Terrance was more then happy to go back and play outside. "Finally!! That kid was weird.... Cool but weird. Why is he so white? He looks like a ghost." He commented nonchalantly. " Anyway, Kalinna and the twins are already at the park to go to the creek, now come on!" Taking hold of Dawson's arm again, Terrance pulled the other in the direction of the neighborhood park.

Dawson didn't get a chance to speak before he was rushed out of the house and once outside his features set in a grim expression and he no longer wanted to say anything at all. He was thankful that Terrance asked so many questions and seemed perfectly satisfied even without receiving any answers.

When prompted to move with a pull from his friend, Dawson didn't resist and walked beside the other boy as they headed to meet the rest of the group. While the creek everyone seemed eager to go to that day was not close the spot in the park where they usually met was near by and it took the two no time to get there. Fortunately the short walk was enough for Dawson to regain the will to communicate and he greeted everyone in a friendly enough manner that no one could guess how angry he'd been just a while before.

Dawson remembered what his father had said about being outside for a short while and coming home in time for dinner but he didn't intend to listen and was hoping he and his friend would end up far enough away from his home that his parents couldn't easily come get him.

Litid was a little saddened as his new big brother ran off without care... it seemed he didn't fit in even with his new family...

The little albino felt the tears flow freely now. He sniffles and hugged his little stuffed dragon closer to him. Eve and Carl did their best to consol Litid with little success.

Finally, Litid laid himself down on the bed and fell fast asked, exhausted from the days physical and emotional toll. His new parents leaving quietly to let him rest for the time being.

Meanwhile, the little group of kids had run off to the park and raced to the woods edge. The twins, Cia and Blaine, moved the bushes and stray branches out of the way to allow everyone throw, before Cia took hold of Blaine's hand and followed the group deeper into the woods with Kallinaleading the way and the only noise was Terrance's chatter. Everyone else remained quiet while Terrance rambled on and on about where his parents wanted to go for this year's family vacation or other nonsense.

Kallina kept to the front if only to keep her distance from the chatty boy and Dawson as well.

She didn't like Terrance too much, but she and Dawson had known each other since they were two, and her parents were hoping they would get along and for the most part they did. She'd even consider him a friend most of the time. So it came as no surprise that Kallina knew that Dawson's mommy and daddy were bringing him a new little brother, and being an only child, she was excited for Dawson. And had constantly been saying so for the past month since she'd been told by her parents.

Terrance had started making his way to the front of the group to start leading the way.

Kallina let him if only to fall back to Dawson to talk to him.

"So what's he like?" She asked in a whisper but eyes seeming to sparkle with curiosity. "How old is? What's his name? Does he like to go on adventures?" Questions being fired at Dawson one after another!

It took no time for Dawson to equate his friend's chatter to background noise and he lost track of what Terrance was saying. Too preoccupied with his bad mood he paid little attention to the other boy when he hurried ahead and barely noticed the girl who slowed down so to walk beside him.

-"I don't know what he's like, I've only met him this morning." Dawson frowned angrily, upset at the girl for bringing up his brother and annoyed by how excited she seemed to learn everything there was to know about his new sibling. He kept his voice a whisper but that made it sound no less harsh and one of the twins seemed to overhear their conversation and glanced at them over his shoulder.

-"I doubt he likes to go on any adventures, he just hides and cries if you even look at him the wrong way." Dawson complained, unable to restrain himself after an entire day centered around his brother who turned out to be just as bad as he'd imagined. He was uninterested in hearing more questions about the younger boy and hurried to walk beside Terrance again but after a moment, upon spotting their destination in the distance, moved in front of the entire group.

The terrain dipped around the steady, shallow stream and Dawson picked up speed as he descended towards it, his shoes splashing through the water before he slowed to a stop. He kicked aside small stones and bent down to pick one up before trowing it in the deeper water. Afterwards, he simply placed both hands in his pockets and waited for the other kids to catch up, still upset and frowning slightly.

Kallina stared wide eyed at Dawson's explanation, but ran after him anyway. " Well did you try askin' him? Terry just pulled you out again didn't he?"

" He was boring Kallina, and he's a ghost." Terrance had cut in at this point, walking across a rickety tree trunk that looked ready to snap any day. The twins sat down near the edge of the creek, Ciaran taking off his shoes to step in and Blaine tracing patterns in the sandy mud. " If he was a ghost he wouldn't be Dawson's younger brother, waiting at home, crying since he was left all alone at home, in a new home, with the only ones he knows being his new parents whom he hardly knows ...." Blaine said in a voice no louder then a soothing hush, but the implications were there. Cia was keeping his eyes on the creek closely, trying to catch a tadpole. " What my sister means is this is all just as new to your new brother as it is to you and your parents.... of course he's scared.And Terrance, he may look different but you shouldn't try to point it out....remember how upset you got when that girl at school pointed out your birthmark on your shoulder..."

Kallina placed her hands on her hips and scowled at Terrance. " Yea that's right, you cried for hours when she yelled about in gym!"

Terrance's face started turned red and flustered. " I did not! You hit me in the face with a basketball!" He argued. Kalli rolled her eyes, before pushing the boy off the log and into the water.

Dawson huffed and walked deeper into the stream to fish out his friend who'd just been pushed from the log. The water was too shallow for him to be in any danger but Dawson decided to lend a hand, in case the other boy had hurt himself on the rocks that covered most of the river bed.

-"Cry me another creak." Dawson muttered towards the twins while he still fumbled to pull Terrance up, perhaps being more a hindrance than help. His shoes had flooded as soon as he'd moved towards the other boy but with the ongoing conversation he'd failed to predict it would happen.

-"I didn't want to leave him, dad made me go outside when he started crying again." Dawson defended himself while he made his way back to dry ground where he plopped down on the grass and started to take off his shoes. "I behaved myself more than I ever do and tried to be nice to him but they kicked me out. I've never been forced to leave before but you don't see me crying because it's new to me." He jumped back to his feet before turning to Kallina with a glare.

-"And you, you're being so defensive of my brother who you've never met but you push someone like that. Terrance and I both have wet clothes now."Dawson lectured the girl in return. "If I'd pushed my precious brother from anywhere I would be the next one waiting to be adopted."

Kallina huffed, " Please, your mom and dad wouldn't give you up for that. But at least you HAVE a little sibling. I'd do anything for a little brother or sister!" The girl whined. "And he's not even a baby, but he's still younger then you. You can play games together and he'll want to play with you the most..." For a moment her face wilted with a frown.... before she then glared again at the boys.

"And Terry is mean to anybody who could take your attention away from him. .... Now that I think about it, he could be your bratty little brother!!" Kalli started to snicker. The twins tried to hide their own giggles as they watched. This was a normal situation between the five of them. While the other three argued over something stupid, the twins would try to be the voices of reason or brake up any stale mates between the other three.

" I wasn't mean, I just know that Dawson would be bored with a kid like him! And any other kid who'd try to play with us! I try to do the same for you three but you get mad and start throwing things, and Cia and Blaine just stop talking to me and disappear forever!" Terrance had screeched back getting more and more frustrated.

The arguing goes back and further as such until the twins point out that it was getting dark and they should head home. Kallina agreed and was the first to start going. " Why not invite him to play with us next time.... Maybe next week when my cousins come to visit, we can all get together and play.... if I'm not in trouble for getting mud on my pants..." She and Terrance had gotten into a tussel and both landed in a mud puddle.

Dawson's temper worsened and he wished his friends would stop arguing with him and defending his new brother. No one seemed to have understanding for him, they were all expecting him to be happy to have a younger sibling but that was simply not what he was feeling. For the time being, Terrance became his favorite person simply on account of agreeing with him.

-"I'm not going to invite him." Dawson declared shortly and there was little chance that anyone would convince him to change his mind. He still had the idea of staying out late and now thinking of how uncomfortable and unhappy he might be once he returns home, it seemed like a good option. However he couldn't let any of his friends know what he was planning and he had no place in mind where he could go. When the group reached his house he quietly said goodbye and as soon as everyone had moved a distance away he walked around the house and continue elsewhere, hoping to hide behind a corner somewhere close by.

But of course that plan was thwarted, with Evelyn, knowing her son's antics, was waiting around the corner.

" And just where do you think your going young man?" She asked with hands on her hips. And ever knowing smirk on her face. While she wasn't exactly pleased with how things turned out today, after taking some time to cool down and think it over, Evie thought that maybe she should've started things a little slower then having Litid just show up as a surprise. " You missed the cook out, and your covered in mud and goop! Come inside and let's get you cleaned up. We have a plate all made up for you in the fridge."

Without a chance to argue, Evie picked up Dawson and carried him inside. Carl sat watching tv on the couch. The blare of a crowd signaled to the two that he was watching a game. When noticing the two come in he waved, " Hey, thought I told you to be back in time for dinner kiddo..." A light scolding if nothing else. " We'll talk about it later." His mother walked quickly up the stairs and into the bathroom. Litid had just walked out having brushed his teeth and changed for bed. He looked up at his mother and brother. He offered a little smile and moved to head downstairs, little stuffed dragon's arm clutched in his hand.

" How you feelin' sweetheart?" Evie asked before he could disappear.

" I'm fine mother." he answered still with a smile, but it seemed... off. Not faked but.... Regardless, Evie settled her eldest on the toilet seat and started up the bath, grabbing towels and soap as the tub filled.

• Saga locked this topic