the saddest anime you have seen or (a sad moment) ?

sarah3161

Rank 1: When Lelouch died. I watched the episodes when I was inside a computer shop. And I just cried. I was even expecting that it was just a fluke, that he did not really die.*sigh* Add to that the afterscene where his picture was shown, smiling and holding a pizza as if he was so alive.>_<. all hail lelouch. that was my worst crying over an anime.>

Rank 2: When L died. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It was another unacceptable death. I was really itching to get Kira killed! And L to win! But I guess L fans got their revenge in the last episode. That was one of the best anime endings ever! L's ghost staring at the dying Kira!

Rank 3: Dark's dissappearance in D.N. Angel. The starting scene of the last episode--there was no opening theme playes, and the characters were all just calling his name--I knew something tragic's about to happen. And I was right. Long live the Phantom Thief.

Rank 4:The death of Ciel Phantomhive. He was so young, and I believe that he can do lots still more and change! But when he just let go and let himself fall--well, at least he got to be a demon in Season 2. That's good news for me, though I wished he never left the manor.

Rank 5: The death of Stellar in Gundam Seed Destiny. The snow falling, and it was that moment when she and Shin finally confessed their feelings for each other!

These are just some of the few. I usually cry at the ending episodes of animes that I love, because it's like saying farewell to a story you've been tracking. Mangas are life-savers. At least the have a longer lifespan.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Belita

• JenovaVII

• hama71

• Nayru

I don't think I've watched any truly 'sad' anime but I know that there some very sad moments that I always cry when I see them.

Fullmetal Alchemist

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLwk4LklK-dHENSMD5rZ7VHIa_eBQqkADKQtplvrUeG-RjO4KPQA

Hughes' death/funeral. Gracia just brings me to tears everytime she cries about burying her dad. T^T

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDT0jghW8cPs5pCzmSMpN1BGuDX2fF0MXS9ORQ4qZWFi16LtdwSw

And also when Havoc becomes paralyzed. I love Havoc to death and it just isn't fair...

DNAngel

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhYlJIU_pXnb5WLEzX0ocOXzmd1lSa13h4yH_ZuQUhDNO3uoezng

The first time I watched DNAngel (ok the only time) I cried at the end when Dark gave himself up to seal Krad away.

Sailor Moon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFTVzHyiwRSO09mMlbLVG9FTSKIXiuJd1aJp27L2Dkxwksv3496VU_e1TH

Sure it doesn't seem like it'd have such sad parts but it does! It does I tell you! When the Inner Senshi die at the end of the first season. It's just not something that you're expecting! And then when they come back as spirits to lend their strength to Usagi. It's just so touching.

ep110.jpg

And then of course in Stars (Season 5) when Uranus and Neptune die I just couldn't stop crying. It was so sad, and touching and romantic all at the same time....T.T

There's probably more, but those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head...

• Like 1

I forgot to mention when L and Lelouch both died! Of course with L, you kind of can tell that it's coming at some point, it's just the matter of when. I think the more surprising death was when Soichiro died. (Light's dad.) That was unexpected.

And then of course Lelouch. I think that was one of the best endings for an anime I've seen in a long time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

the scene that Lelouch died, i teared a little. hahaha so childish of me

THen there was a scene in bokura ga ita, when they where in the sea...i sobbed.

Fuyu no semi, argh remembering it somewhat pisses me off. TT

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elfen Lied was definitely one of them, but the one show that hit me hardest was probably Angel Beat's. It was funny though starting off I wasn't that crazy about the anime at all. I mean sure it was funny and had an interesting concept going on, but the show wasn't something that really stuck with me you know? I wanted to be interested but I just wasn't. A few months later my sister started watching it and so I figured why not give it another shot. With every background story about the characters I was left sobbing. You could relate so well with each of the characters, or at least I could, on so many levels. At the beginning the show may not start off as something spectacular, but after watching it more and diving deeper into the story you can easily find the hidden gem within it.

• Like 1

For me it´s absolutely "grave of the fireflies" (hotaru no haka) because i never seen an anime who made me feel more concerned...

Two innocent kids in the middle of the war who battle for their existence.... and finally loose... T_T

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ef tale of memories--- my tears won't stop falling on this one

x/1999---it was really depressing.. i cried the hardest when sorata sacrificed himself to protect arashi.

• Like 1

Well, there were some sad animes that I've watched, I don't really like sad things, I'm more for the funny stuff. But I can say I also like them as long as they give more meaning to the story.

Umm, Nabari no ou, x/1999, Code Geass(Lulu's death), Winter Cicada, Ai no kusabi and there may be more but I can't remember right now, I saw too many lol. Anyway, when I read the title I thought about Nabari no ou so I think this one is the saddest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Code Geass(Lulu's death)

Winter Cicada

they made me really sad but couldn't made me cry

TOKYO MAGNITUDE 8 was the only anime that made me cry

it wasn't really sad

but i couldn't stop crying when Mirai finally found out that Yūki has died

and i cried even more when she found her parents

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Clannad after story. Nothing has hit me harder as more real and more possible. I will only watch it now if I'm pretty prepared to cry.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The ending of Code Geass R2 made me cry.

The first episode of Shingeki no Kyojin.

A few moments in Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

These are ones I've recently seen so they're the only ones I can think of at the moment. :3

This'll be quite obvious for me, well not quite, I mean VERY OBVIOUS. The saddest anime moment for me is...

One Piece - Ace's death. I mean, yeah, I may be overreacting, but until now, I still wasn't able to get over it. Whenever I watch or read the part where he died or even just replaying his death on my mind, I always burst into tears. Not teary-eyed, not little tears either, I will cry to the point where my eyes will be puffy. Weird? Well, I can't help it. He's my most favorite character, that's why! He doesn't have that much of a screen time but it's his memories of childhood with Luffy that made me fall in love with him. :_red_fox 18

It's not like it's the only anime that made me cry. I cry a lot. I can understand if people will call me a crybaby, I burst into tears with very little things.

*inhale deeply*

For me the saddest anime so far is...

K

I really really really hate GoRa and GoHands for killing Totsuka...

He is like an angel in the anime.

He certainly DOES NOT deserve to die!

Then guess what?!

THEY KILLED MIKOTO TOO!!!!

Wtf? Do they really hate HOMURA?

Poor Kusanagi-san! he is all left alone now!

The way they portray the death of Totsuka is too mean!

They even repeating the death again and again in manga.

After killed him then they are going to make an extra for his FUNERAL?!

He killed him on Anna's birthday! Poor baby gurl!

After that they kill Mikoto >

WHY???????!!!!!!!

*exhale*

I will always, always, always have a tear to my eye when ( you'll never believe it ) Vegeta died in the Freiza saga. Also, whenever Ciel has a flashback to when he was little and his parents died :banhbao54:

• 3 weeks later...