Non-Asian BL drama fans, anyone?

yojichan

Watched a BL movie from my home country yesterday. It was very good. Great story, feels realistic! It's called 'The Man Who Loved Yngve'

I put it in the download section for you all :)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nicicia

• chiakaiyuki

• JenovaVII

• ShivaDrake

Found an ADORABLE danish BL movie for you all :)

It's called You Are Not Alone (Du er Ikke Alene)

20166_jqz254kzxlrl.jpg

It's takes place in an all-boys boarding school. One boy falls in love with the headmaster's son.

It's such a cute movie. Definitely a MUST WATCH. I put it in the non-Asian download.

• Like 1

based on a true story about a guy who breaks out of prison multiple times to be with his beloved.
  • Like 1

based on a true story about a guy who breaks out of prison multiple times to be with his beloved.

lol at the poster XD

looks interesting, i'm gonna watch it

thank you for the recommendation :")

I love all kinds of movies actually.

Gay movies- BL movies (Asian or Non-Asian I don't mind, I just watch them haha)

Here are some movies/series that I watched.

Japanese

Kindan No Koi - Forbidden Love

Ai no kotodama

boys love 2: Schoolboy Crush

Boys love 1

Takumi Kun I

Takumi Kun II

Takumi Kun III

Takumi Kun IV

Like Grands of Sand

SuKimoto

Gymnasium baby

Itsuka no Kimi em

HATSU-KOI (2007)

summer vacation

Itsuka no Kimi em

UK

beautiful things ------http://youtu.be/RWgrs-OnbCY

Bostal Boy

Get real

Davy and Stu

Korean

Boy meet Boy

you used to smile that way (Short movies)

Taiwanese

Eternal Summer

Gloomy Salad days(Series)

It's seem to rain

Pair of Love

US

Dreamboy

Total Eclipse

Shelter------- Love this

Harry and Max (2004)

Star Crossed (Short)-----------------;)

The Mudge Boy

El Primo (Short)

Love Trip (Short)

Brookton Hollow (Short)

Dare (Short)

The War Boys

Other Nationality

Les Amities Particuli

a kiss in the snow : frank mosvold kysset som fikk snoen til a smelte (Short)

Do Começo ao Fim - From Beginning To End (2009) ----- Love this one

Nico And Dani

Juste un Peu de Reconfort

yossi and jagger ------------

Benny's Gym (Finland)

Lucky Blue (S) : (Swedish)

EU NAO QUERO VOLTAR SOZINHO

shounen ai

Monga

Miss Kicki

Billy Elliot

When Beckham Met Owen (HK)

Bruno

Gay Theme Movies

Mysterious skin

sugar 2004

Total Eclipse

Wild tiger that I have known

Latter days

Queer as Folk(series) ***************

eating out---- there are 4 I guess

were the world mine

almost normal

Breaking The Cycle

What's grow up knows (S)

Dorain Blue

Back soon

Red Wood

Warercolors

El Primo (S)

Shank

Bedrooms and Hallway

My Beautiful Laudrette

heartbeat

I kill my mother

a kiss in the snow : frank mosvold kysset som fikk snoen til a smelte (Short)

Frozen Flower (Korean)

No Regret (Korean) *****

Antique Berkery (Korean)

Just Friend (Korean)

bungee jumping of their own(korean)

rainbow eyes(Korean)

Hello my love (Korean)

Go Go G boy (Taiwanese)

Formula 7 (Taiwanese)

Weekend la campagne (2007)

O Di rio Aberto de R

Ya lyublyu tebya (Russia)

Broken Sky: el cielo dividido (2006)

Fogi is a Bustard

Bishonen (HK)

Bad Education(Argentine)

2:37 (Australian)

Out of Hand (2005) -Keller - Teenage Wasteland: (German)

Sommersturm (summer storm) : (German)

Fasion Victim

Just a qustion of love

Sasha 2010

Suicide Room

Like it is

The Con Boys

Rock Heaven

Vivid Goldmine (Us)

EDGE OF SEVENTEEN (1998) (Us)

The War Boys(2009) (Us)

Patrick age 1.5

The one (US)

any suggestion ????

• 1 month later...

You're very welcome. The movie has been on my computer for ages now, about time I shared it.lol. Hope you enjoy it, Rei. :) It's a bit weird at times, but those actors are very pretty, and they certainly aren't holding back in the kissing scenes ;)

Lookie here! Found another short film, it's quite good actually. It's Norwegian with eng subs. I am not sure where to post it so I just put it here :)

Benny's Gym

Part 1

Part 2

• Like 1

Got another BL movie available for download! ;)

Lucky%20Blue.2007.2.jpg

PS: I feel like I'm kinda spamming this thread now XD

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Another non-Asian BL-Drama would be Summer storm which was produced in Germany.

You can read a plotsummary

• 3 weeks later...

Well.. Thanks agian all... coz i found another great Soap after reading this post ^^

1. You can wacth FOQ (Fisicia O Quimica). the Link :

(season 1,2,3,4,part of 5)

(season 5 last part, and 6).. do not recomend S7 >.

2. Ian's Gay Story on Shameless US. the Link :

well.. hope you all enjoy the show ^^..

• 1 month later...

for me i like queer as folk, dante's cove and the lair..they are so hot!!!...*DROOLING**...

:hamtaro-005 (10):

Here is a trailer:

We'll the story is about 4 friends and I don't want too tell to much so here is the

I found this movie during a GLBT parade in my city and the cinema owner is gay and married for like 200 years, he is really old. So he had this movie playing and I like vintage movies so I decided to watch it, and absolutely fell in love! I bought the DVD the next day but I don't know where you can watch it.. sorry maybe buy it or netflix maybe..

I've watched many many many of these types of movies because their are ALOT of GLBT parades here and they are always selling and showing these movies during them.. If anyone wants to know more just ask

• 3 weeks later...

yeah! I loved Queer as Folk madly, it was the series that made me love BL :msn_red_fox 6

oh, the american version, of course ;)

These are my favorites Non-Asian BL. I hope you may find the time to watch the trailers. Sometimes, though, the trailers will not give justice to the whole movie, but I really enjoyed watching these films. I will call some of them as 'masterpieces' because they really are. Some are simply fun to watch, while others might be too hard for others to absorb, still they are all gems

[video=youtube_share;qu3pNe221xI]

TIME TO LEAVE

About the Movie: A handsome, successful fashion photographer (Melvil Poupaud) learns that he has a malignant brain tumor that will soon kill him. Hiding his diagnosis, he alienates his family and his young boyfriend, but during a short stay with his grandmother (Jeanne Moreau), his vulnerability is met with a big heart and sound advice. A chance encounter with a roadside café waitress (Valéria Bruni-Tedeschi) results in an unusual bargain that provides a happy, playful dimension to the proceedings.

Why you should watch it: Melvil Poupaud is an incredible actor with a wide range of roles he did in French cinema. This is probably his best performance yet. The story may not be unique, but the way he faced death is something to ponder about. Francois Ozon, the director, is also highly-acclaimed.

- - -

(I linked the video but apparently, I can only post 1 video per rule)

SOMMERSTURM

About the Movie: Tobi and Achim have been best mates for years. As cox and oarsman, they have lead their rowing club to win several rowing cups in the past and are now looking forward to win a big regatta in the countryside of Germany. But this trip isn't your usual summer camp experience and problems soon arise. As Achim's relationship with his girlfriend Sandra, who's also on the team, grows more and more serious, Tobi starts to realize that his feelings for Achim run much deeper than he's willing to admit to himself. He feels confused, unsure of himself and increasingly left out by his friend Alex and the team. When Sandra's best friend Anke shows her interest in him, his anxiety starts to grow. When it turns out that the much-anticipated Berlin girls' team has been replaced by a team of athletic, cliché-bursting young gay men, Tobi and his teammates are suddenly forced to grapple with their prejudices, their fears, and, perhaps, their hidden longings. As the tension grows, Tobi, Achim and the others head towards a confrontation as fierce and liberating as the summer storm that's gathering over the lake. And Tobi realizes he has to start facing some facts about himself he didn't dare to face before.

Why you should watch it: Kostja Ullman!!!! I don't have to say anything anymore. :)

- - -

JUST A QUESTION OF LOVE

About the Movie: Cyrille Thouvenin stars in this bittersweet tale of a twenty-something man reluctant to come out of the closet. Laurent keeps his homosexuality a secret, but things get complicated when he falls in love with Cedric. Openly gay, Cedric has no problem introducing Laurent as his boyfriend, even to his own mother. But Laurent's need for secrecy forces Cedric to give him an ultimatum: Either Laurent comes out of the closet, or Cedric will leave him.

Why you should watch it: If you are still in the closet, you may get the inspiration to know what to do. The actor, Cyrille Thouvenin is an amazing French actor who really made this film quite memorable.

- - -

THE STRING

About the Movie: Malik has a lot on his plate when he returns home to Tunisia after living in France. He's processing his father's death, he can't come out to his mother, and his childhood anxieties have resurfaced. But all of Malik's problems seem to fade away when he falls for Bilal, the dreamy houseboy at his mother's bourgeois estate.

Why you should watch it: Rich boy meets poor boy and they fell in love. Malik likes hot sex and hunts the streets to get it. Bilal is more conservative, he's a dreamer and an artist. Salim Kechiouche is one hot French actor, so just watching him is enough for me to pay for this DVD.

- - -

MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO

About the Movie: Two best friends living on the streets of Portland as hustlers embark on a journey of self discovery and find their relationship stumbling along the way.

Why you should watch it: Long before Broke Back Mountain came into the scene, conservative America (some of the liberal ones, anyway) got the time of their lives watching this Van Sant movie. Keannu Reeves and the late River Phoenix are the stars.

River Phoenix was a star. He died from a drug overdose even before he could make more movies. The movies he did were simply the best of his generation. He is in the movie 'Stand by Me'.

- - -

Les chansons d'amour (LOVE SONGS)

About the Movie: Christophe Honore makes a case as one of the most exciting filmmakers of our generation with the exuberant and tended Love Songs (Les Chansons D'Amour). A modern day musical told through unforgettable songs sung entirely by the cast and scored by Alex Beaupain, the film has overjoyed audiences at the Cannes and Toronto Film Festivals while earning recognition in its native country with four French Cesar nominations.

In the hope of sparking their stalled relationship, Ismael (Louis Garrel of Dans Paris, The Dreamers) and Julie (Ludivine Sagnier of Swimming Pool) enter a playful yet emotionally laced threesome with Alice (Clotilde Hesme of Regular Lovers). When tragedy strikes, these young Parisians are forced to deal with the fragility of life and love. For Ismael, this means negotiating through the advances of Julie's sister (Chiara Mastroianni of Persepolis) and a young college student (Gregoire Leprince-Ringuet of Strayed); one of which may offer him redemption.

Why you should watch it: Gregoire LePrince Ringet. He played the young lovestruck guy who fell head over heels with Louis Garrel. Both are handsome dudes and they sing! Just the singing part is enough to enjoy this film.

private romeo 2011 so cool watching it

romeos 2011

Holding Trevor [2008] Brent Gorski

Ausente (Absent) 2011

:hamtaro-005 (5):

For me the best is Queer as Folk 5years to finished and it is worth

*the US version

you're totally right xD!

I had really a thing about it... BrianXJustin best couple ever :leaf15:

• 2 weeks later...

I love yaoi no matter where it comes from))

Here’s my top20 of international but non-asian gtm in no particular order:

1. Plata Quemada (Argentina) my personal fav%)

2. Single Man (US)

3. Contracorriente (Columbia)

4. Ha Buah (Israel)

5. Eyes Wide Open (Israel)

6. Quemar las Naves (Mexico)

7. Saturno Contro (Italy)

8. Mine Vaganti (Italy)

9. La finestra di fronte (Italy)

10. Hamam (Italy/Turkey)

11. Children of God (Bahamas)

12. You I Love (Russia)

13. Verona (Canada)

14. Milk (US)

15. Fyra Ar Till (Sweden)

16. Un Amour a Taire (France)

17. Kick Off (UK)

18. Release (UK)

19. The War Boys (US)

20. Guys and Balls (Germany)

It’s far from all, but these are particularly good.) tho some are sad and depressing. They’re good not just because of some hot boy on boy action,) but as films in their own right.

I’ve got almost all of them, so if interested, let me know – i’ll happily share the great joy of watching bl cinema.)

Yes, Nicicia, "You Are Not Alone" is the best of them all! I wrote a glowing review of this movie when it came out in 1979, and I still think it is an important film that all young people should see.