Where the Flower Withers (hal7283 and Noise Prince, private, 18X)

hal7283

Erwin was relieved when Percen seemed to have returned to his usual self: the always reliable second in command and dear friend of his. While he wondered where the earlier affection from Percen came from, he dared not to dwell on it too much. That being said, he did came to the conclusion that he should better find a new bed mate soon, or he had a feeling that things would get complicated, somehow, for some reason.

Erwin quickly returned to the party, and soon was approached by Percen's parents. Erwin had only met Percen’s parents a couple of times before. While Erwin never doubted Percen's father's riches was certainly an important factor for Percen's step mother to marry him, their relationship seemed much more genuine than most of the other arranged marriages he knew of. And from what he has heard from Percen, his step mother has treated him with nothing but love and care, again quite rare among the higher ups of society. There was a time when Erwin envied Percen for having parents like his, and wondered how his life would’ve turned out if he was not born in royalty. Of course he had abandoned such fantasies a long time ago, as Erwin had accepted the responsibilities of his birth and position, and wouldn’t run away from bearing the sins of his past.

The conversation went on much as Erwin expected, with comments on how much he has changed his they last met, and the usual praise of his victories. Percen’s mother also didn’t forget to introduce Percen’s sisters to Erwin, clearly with the intent to arrange a marriage.

Wanting to change the subject Erwin asked: “Speaking of marriage, have you looked around for any potential brides for Percen yet?”

P.S.

I found this site where you could make easily fantasy maps. Even though I only used the free version, I think it's pretty impressive already.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

oFetOE2.jpg

So this is the world of "Where the Flower Withers" as I imagined it. The Kingdom of Levendel originated in the central plains between the "Wall of despair" in the east, and "Mountains of sorrow" in the west. Levendel was but one of many nations there, but after centuries of expansion it had pretty conquered the whole right side of the map, all the way south to the shore of "Sea of Serpants", and north to the "Northern regions."

Levendel's most immediate rival is Mirland, who despite its smaller size managed to fight off Levendel's expansion attempts in the past, and with Levendel now being slowly crumbling from within, had began to contest Levendel's control of the north. While Levendel borders Randia as well, the "Woods of the Lost" prevents any big army movement from happening. Randia and Palan occasionally had skirmishes against each other, but generally maintain a pretty peaceful relationships. Maritime travel and trade is pretty prosperous, but with dangerous creatures lurking in the waters, most ships don't dare travel too far away from shore.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hal7283

• Noise Prince

Percen could see Erwin's concern make way for relief, and suddenly everything felt normal again. There was something special in the type of comfort being with Erwin brought. It was far better to maintain their status quo, and preserve this special quality they shared. He'd avoid that unbecoming forwardness that was so uncharacteristic, and hope that would be enough to keep the informal aspects of their relationship stable.

It wasn't too long before they were able to find Percen's parents. They clearly wanted to ask about the commotion, as they'd likely have only had a certain number of details they could have pieced together from the other bystanders. But, as responsible of socialites as they were, they kept the conversation pleasant and largely domestic.

His parents were a very genuine pair, and showed the same warmth to the prince as they showed their son, and very similar level of familiarity as well. War hero or no, they couldn't refrain themselves from commenting on how much he'd grown since they last saw him- when he was barely still a teenager, and how proud and impressed they were with his successes. And his mother couldn't help but mention, less than naturally into the conversation, that Percen had a few sisters. His sisters would casually walk nearby, unclear whether or not they were in on the plan, and his mother would introduce them. They all seemed more interested in Percen than Erwin, though. He hadn't seen them at the party yet, and it had been a good while since they last saw each other.

"You don't write nearly enough." One of them scolded him. Eloise had grown quite a bit, only a few inches shorter than Percen himself, and she looked much more mature in the way she dressed and styled her hair for the party. She didn't wear a great deal of perfume, which seemed to be on trend for young women now.

"It's nice to meet you again, Prince Erwin," She greeted, her tone becoming a bit more formal, she seemed a bit meek. Percen wondered if she didn't recognize him and felt a bit embarrassed for practically ignoring him. It had been much longer since she and Erwin met, after all. But that she didn't consider that Percen's friend was Erwin...

Another sister, a bit younger, was introduced a while later. Taela was a bit quieter, and seemed a bit more interested in Erwin than Eloise was. Her perfume was a bit stronger than she normally wore it, but it paled to the maelstrom of flowers from the party the night before. But still, she didn't linger around much longer after the pleasantries and polite topic discussions, though noticeably longer than the eldest sister had cared to stay.

"Oh, so even you're worried about our dear Percen." Percen's mother said with a laugh. His father couldn't help but chuckle, and his eyes seemed to lighten up. Despite the daughters not being his own blood, he seemed to not be particularly fond of letting them into the arms of the men they would marry. His son, on the other hand.

"There have been a good many good women who have taken an interest in Percen as of late," He told them. "Some are in attendance as we speak!"

Percen was visibly uncomfortable with the topic manner. And surely, the interest in him was in connection to Erwin, Percen would be little more than a consolation to the second-place winner. Or, as things might have it, a consolation for the first-placed, since Erwin seemed too distracted by something in the distance to seriously consider marriage. Plus, he knew that it was inevitable that he have a number of conversations with those at the party that evening.

Kovi laid back on the bed, and closed his eyes. He wished he could be so devoted to the cause he didn't fear death, like a proper soldier. But instead... he feared it more than anything. He could bare it, perhaps, if Raphas had been there. He wanted to hear Raphas promise, once he returned from this mission, that he was never to leave his side again. Then, no matter when Kovi met his end, his last moments would be with Raphas. At his side or by his feet or in his arms. Death didn't seem so frightful, if he and Raphas could look at each other during these final moments.

But still... earlier... he surprised himself with how weak he felt with the knife at his neck. Weaker, still, when the still-bleeding wound of a memory caused him to weep. Was their a crueler end? Was there a worse way to go, to know that your body would amount to dog-shit, that your entire life meant nothing to a man who sought to make his butchering a public spectacle- the same man who had no qualms embracing him in bed not even a day before. He was shaking now more than he did then. Now, he didn't have to worry about how he'd appear in front of Erwin. Or if Raphas would be ashamed of him in this state. He let himself cry, curled up on his side, transparent fabric tangled between his legs.

I absolutely love that! Wow, that's really incredible, I really dig this wordlbuilding so far, I like the history of everything. I feel like I need to step up my game :p

Also, I've never heard of that site, it looks really useful!

By this point, Erwin had forgotten the awkward moment he had to Percen from earlier. He chuckled when he noticed the uncomfortable expression on Percen's face when his parents talked about possible mates for him. "In that case you should certainly go and say hi to them." Erwin smiled to Percen and said jokingly: "You know I haven't got the pleasure to attend a friend's wedding yet. Perhaps you can give me that oppurtunity?"

Erwin chuckled and continued to chat with Percen and his family. While Erwin was in a relatively good mood being with friendly company, a corner of his mind was occupied by worries for the Flower slave who was alone in the guest room. Was he feeling lonely? Perhaps Afraid? Given how vulnerable Aello looked after barely escaping death from his previous owner, Erwin thought it would only be natural, and felt a little bit guilty for leaving him alone in such a state. His though then turned to how how scantly dressed the Flower was, and wondered was he cold or not, then remembered there were some sheets on the bed which should keep him warm.

As time went by, the little worry slowly grew bigger and bigger in his mind. After excusing himself from the conversation with the pretense of going to the washroom, he quickly slipped back to the room where Aello was waiting. Not wanting to startle Aello, Erwin knocked on the door gently and said: "It's me, Erwin. I'm coming in, okay?"

Slowly Erwin pushed to door open. From Erwin's angle most of what he could see of the Flower was his slim, smooth legs visible under the translucent fabric, looked almost glowing under the gentle moonlight. Erwin slowly walked closer, and the rest of the beautiful flower became visible as well. Seeing the redness of his eyes and the trail of tears on his face, Erwin sat beside Aello and reached his hand out, touching the Flower's cheek and whispered gently: "Sorry to leave you alone like this. Are you all right? Do you need anything?"

Percen laughed awkwardly at the suggestion that he should be greeting these hypothetically interested women. His father's eyes lit up at Erwin's lighthearted ribbing. Percen gave him a glance, one that seemed casual and nondescript. But for Percen, it was a sharp, glaring stare.

"I'm sure I could spot some of these young ladies here, if you walk with me for a moment, Percen." He offered. Percen almost grimaced at the thought. Everyone seemed to be so excited for him to get married all of a sudden, it was a little overwhelming. Before it was always in the hypothetical, this was really the first conversation where there seemed to be actual human women involved, and not just the fantasy of the other side of a wedding.

Percen persuaded his father to wait a while before hunting down the bridal prey. He rarely got to spend time with his family, let alone with Erwin. After the conversation turned to more of Percen's comfort zone. His mother or father would bring up marriage once in a while in passing, but it seemed they would also prefer for that to be handled when they wouldn't be sacrificing a conversation with the prince.

Every once in a while, he thought of Erwin's new Flower. He seemed so much different from the ones they battled, maybe because he was so delicate, dressed so clean and nicely. He had more of an air of civilization about him, just about the only perk of being enslaved, Percen imagined. Of course, it was also one he probably didn't have the time to meditate on. A bed slave as pretty as he was probably didn't have a lot of down time.

Erwin, at one point excused himself. Percen knew what it was about, and had half a mind to follow, but his parents found this to be too good an opportunity to get him to familiarize himself with a number of girls who'd be interested in being courted. Percen wasn't exactly opposed to this, and ended up meeting two girls that evening, though one was less than subtle about being more interested in talking about Erwin. The other seemed genuinely interested in him, however. That wasn't something he anticipated.

It was a bit cold in the room, but Kovi hadn't moved himself under the sheets. He was used to enduring less than comfortable living arrangements, and in addition, it seemed best to appear uncomfortable and pitiful than as someone who just helped themselves, when Erwin came back. And it wasn't too terribly long a wait until Erwin returned to the room. He knocked first. He started to sit up and wipe his face, but laid back down on the mattress. Maybe Erwin would feel inclined to try to soothe him.

The door let in quite a generous amount of light when Erwin opened it, and the light vanished just as quickly as he closed it behind him. Kovi shifted a little on the bed, to seem a bit more uncomfortable than he really felt. There was nothing but moonlight- as bright as it was outside the window- illuminating the room. Made the room seem colder, and made Kovi seem more ethereal and soft.

Kovi's eyes widened when Erwin touched his face so gently. It was so weird, to think that he could really play to the sympathies of a man who he felt for so long really couldn't have much. But it oozed out of Erwin now. He looked up at the man slowly. He was so grown up now... More tears gathered on his lower eyelashes.

"Y-you've already saved my life, I can't ask of anything more..." he told him in a shaking whisper, his gaze unfaltering.

Seeing Aello all teared up made Erwin's heart ache, not just because how vulnerable the Flower slave in front of him was, though he must admit that alone could make most men a chivalrous knight wanting to protect him, though ironically it would made the rest sadistic bastards. But more importantly, it was because of the flashback the crying Flower gave him, of the time when he was but a innocent child playing with his best friend, and one day got lost. He remembered taking Kovi's hand as they wandered endlessly down the long and dark hallways of the palace. He remembered the tears of fear running down Kovi's cheeks, and his promise to protect Kovi and take him to his parents. But in the end he would fail to keep that promise, since it was the palace guards who found the two stray children, and only a few months latter Kovi's parents would be charged with treason, and Kovi himself would be lost forever.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you." Erwin said as he suddenly reached for Aello and held him tightly in his arms. Despite what he said however frankly he wasn't in the position to do any "protecting" at that moment, as he was shaking himself. Aello's presence and vulnerability had awakened what Erwin tried to bury under the facade of the ideal prince: the lonely, helpless child who could do nothing to save his friend, causing what could be described as a trauma attack. Hugging Aello was more of an unconsciousness act of seeking his own refuge than any drive to protect. It took a moment for Erwin to regain his calm, and realized how strange his behavior must be for Aello, and he slowly let the Flower go.

“Sorry, I.... lost control back there.” Erwin said apologetically as he lowered his head: “I’m usually more composed, but being with you just seems to.... I don’t know..... bring back some memories....”

Kovi lifted his face up just enough to show Erwin that he was in distress, hoping to illicit the very feeling Erwin was feeling, a guilt, an urge to protect him. Still, the gentleness of his touch, and particularly that he had chosen to touch his face, something so intimate and careful. He couldn't help but think how he was the same as when they were kids. Kovi was always a bit more delicate and a bit meek with Erwin, since he knew he could always depend on him. Kovi was quickly moved to tears whenever things seemed to go wrong and Erwin didn't have an immediate solution, which was fairly often, as Erwin was just as much a child, and Erwin would always console him and keep him comforted. As a child, Kovi ended up attributing many things the adults handled on their behalf as Erwin's victories. Foolish as that was, and childish, he wondered how many of these war victories were really his own. Could a man who touched his face so gently really be capable of killing him?

Of course. Erwin was no different from the others. Kovi had been touched gently before being ravished by previous men. Kovi wouldn't let his rationale falter for too long before keeping it in check. As a boy, Erwin was capable of sitting back and watching Kovi's family be executed, and he exiled to certain death. He was more violent and dangerous than the average target.

Kovi gasped softly, slightly in awe, sounding a bit fearful, and Erwin pulled him tightly in his arms. Erwin was so grown. He was so strong, and broad, his body was quite hard. But he wasn't sturdy. He was shaking while he held Kovi so tightly, while he said he would protect him. The words seemed empty in juxtaposition, but instead Kovi felt he meant something different. Something very interesting... Somehow, in the short amount of time, he had become something very personal to Erwin. He had become an abstraction. He was always an abstraction to those who used him, an abstraction of Flower people themselves, usually. But Erwin was different, he saw him as an individual, but not quite as a person, but something apart of him. Interesting... and Kovi was sure he could use this into Erwin's bed. He might not even get hurt...

Erwin held his Flower tightly for a good moment. Kovi didn't resist, motionless, but not rigid, in his arms. He took in his scent. Even his smell seemed mature. He leaned back slightly when the prince let go, but he kept his body close.

"...Not... good memories... are they?" Kovi asked softly, sounding guilty, and looking away, at the floor. This 'abstraction' wasn't going to be as easy as he thought... if he was right, and he knew what these memories were. He might actually be as guilty as he sounded. Kovi would have to be very careful to stay on the cusp of his memories. After all, Erwin shouldn't even know if his childhood friend is alive now, 'Aello' was just a pretty flower who maybe resembled him.

Erwin was relived that his earlier strange behavior did not startle Aello too much, and in fact, the Flower seemed to be rather understanding. Erwin figured that given Aello’s status as a slave, and with a former master such as the Count, he must have had his fair share of hardship, it probably made him more perceptive to the pain of others. It was strange to be with Aello, as Erwin had great difficulty putting up the facade of the heroic prince, and at times he would feel good, liberating. But at the same time Aello reminded him of his guilt at every moment and without the facade to protect himself, he was left helpless to the pain and heartache caused by his guilt. For his own mental healthy it would probably be better to not be with Aello, yet something about the Flower just drew him closer despite the pain.

“It’s... complicated.” Erwin showed a weak smile as he took the bed sheets and wrapped it around the Flower’s delicate shoulders then said: “Some were good, but ended in tragedy; and some were bad, but ended up okay. Regardless of good or bad, they are my memories, precious, important memories, memories that I’ll have to bare for the rest of my life.”

Erwin fell silent, not exactly sure what to do next, then heard the sound of carriages moving outside the window. He looked out towards the window and saw that some of the guests have started to leave. “It’s that late already? I guess we should get going as well.” Erwin got up from the bed and extended his hand to Aello: “Come, let me yake you back to the garrison. It’s not exact a mansion but it’s spacious.”

Kovi didn't really know what kind of man Erwin was now, in his manner and personality specifically, but he had a feeling that he wasn't seeing the typical Erwin. His reactions were honest, he was pretty sure, but he seemed unsure of certain motions, or surprised by himself, like in the hug, when he apologized for it. It made it difficult to know how he should act in correspondence, he didn't have a stable foothold. He didn't quite have the luxury to fall into the comfort of an archetype. Some of the same rules applied, but he couldn't quite relax. This Aello would be entirely new.

His new master was pretty perplexing. Kovi was starting to heavily suspect that Erwin was being reminded of his childhood 'Kovi', and that was causing him pain. From guilt? Did he miss that relationships, and mourn the inevitable end due to him being a Flower? The wish that his Kovi wasn't one? He couldn't imagine he was this distraught over his supposed death, or the death of Kovi's family. He made a name for himself slaughtering Flowers, many of whom looked like Kovi, and his parents. That couldn't be it... but he couldn't understand what it was.

Or maybe he was entirely wrong, and there wasn't enough for him to understand what was happening.

Kovi was a bit surprised when Erwin wrapped the sheet over his shoulders, a protective move that seemed solely for his benefit. He readjusted it around his shoulders, and nodded in thanks, as speaking was inappropriate while Erwin was in the middle of speaking himself.

"...Is my presence a bother to you, then, Master?" Kovi asked him, as delicately as he breathed. His hopes were the idea that Aello's presence was an offence in of itself would make Erwin feel more inclined to keep Aello near him when he could to prove that notion wrong.

He raised his head at the sound of the carriages. He stayed put on the bed until Erwin got up and offered his hand to him. Kovi let the sheets drape off his shoulders as he stood, and reached for his outstretched hand, delicately sliding his fingers against his palm as he did so. The garrison... He had to fight the instinct to fight his dread at the word. Being surrounded by soldiers who raped and killed people like him as a career choice didn't feel like a safe place to be. But the more tender and fragile Aello was to Erwin, the better.

"No, you're not bothering me, not at all." Erwin smiled gently as he took Aello's hand and lead him out of the room. He said: "Come on let's go. But before we leave the place. I'm gonna find my second in command first." Soon Erwin arrived at the entrance of the party hall. Not wanting to cause any distress for Aello, he let the Flower hide behind him while he looked inside the room, seeing that despite some of the guests had left, the party was still going strong. But Erwin felt he had fulfilled his social duty to Percen’s parents, not to mention the fact that he didn’t feel comfortable to leave Aello alone there. Erwin looked around and soon found his trusted second in command and gestured him to come close.

“Hey Percen. Have you checked out your potential brides yet?” Erwin asked a bit teasingly, knowing that it was unlikely for Percen to suddenly turn on his charms and secure a bride. He chuckled slightly and said: “Seriously though, I think I’m going to call it the night. Gotta settle him down at the garrison too.” Erwin pointed at the Flower behind him with his thumb and said: “What about you? Are you going to stay at home for the night? I’m sure your parents would love to spend a bit more time with you.”

Kovi smiled with a visible amount of relief for Erwin's sake. He couldn't look completely comfortable and relieved yet, so he was sure to still appeared somewhat guarded. He wanted to appear to be someone who was a bit scared of Erwin and the power he had, while simultaneously not resenting him for it, but relying on it. It was a tender line, but one he thought led to Erwin's heart. He followed him out of the room, and back towards the party. Where his life was almost ended in front of an audience of nobility. Not unlike how his parents were killed.

The Flower dutifully hid behind Erwin, in part because he knew that's what he expected him to do, and in part because he didn't want to be seen. He hated all these people looking at him. He hated each one of them. Each of them could of had a hand on the dagger as far as he was concerned.

"My lord," Percen smiled when Erwin found him again at the party. It was a little easier now, as quite a few people had already begun to leave, or sneak about in the gardens for some unsupervised romps. He gave him a playful smile. "I'm afraid my parents exaggerated exactly how many were interested in me," He told him. "I'd say one seemed genuinely interested in me, and I'm not the greatest judge of character." He reminded him. Percen glanced at the Flower. He knew he was there, and wanted to avoid looking at him, in part since the Flower seemed partial to not being looked at right now, hiding behind Erwin, shrinking himself. He seemed so different than when he was in the room before...

"Yes... I was thinking I'd stay the night here, with my family. There's an awful lot I haven't been able to put in letters I'd like to talk with them about," He said with a smile. That and... after earlier, he felt it could end up becoming awkward again, after what he did. Plus, he had this Flower now. Erwin wasn't one to accept a bed slave and take him that night, but after what happened between them, and the rising insecurity Percen felt over the delicate beauty of the Flower... he felt it was best he wasn't near them that night.

As expected Percen decided to stay home for the night. While Erwin felt happy for Percen, a little part of him couldn't help but feel a bit jealous towards his trusted knight for having a warm home to return to, as he wouldn't in a million years call the palace "home". Regardless of his hidden feelings Erwin said: "Well then, go ahead and enjoy some quality family time. In fact, take your time and stay for home for a few days if you want. It's not like there's a lot going on back in the garrison at the moment."

After bidding farewell to Percen, Erwin lead Aello to the entrance of the mansion and called for his ride. Soon enough the carriage came, and the coachman was surprised that instead of Percen, Erwin was returning to the garrison with a Flower. But he knew better than to ask unnecessary questions, and simply opened the carriage door for the two to enter, and moments latter they were on their way. While the carriage traveled down the clean and well-paved roads of the noble district, Erwin kept his gaze on the Flower who he had set across from him. As they passed by one street light after another, causing the lighting inside the carriage to constantly change from bright to dim, and with it, Aello's expression also seemed to change by the moment, at least in Erwin's eyes. As he observed the beautiful Flower, a strange feeling started to rise in Erwin's mind, something which he couldn't quite grasp at the moment, but it only grew stronger and stronger the longer he stared.

Realizing his stare was probably making things awkward, Erwin quickly broke the silence: "So... Aello, if you don't mind me asking... Can you tell me a little about yourself? Like... I don't know.... you past? Of... of course if you don't feel like telling me that's fine, I mean... eh.... well..." Erwin began to stutter as he immediately regretted the choice of topic, as he knew very well that the Flower People has been marginalized and persecuted as far as recorded history went, on top of that Aello was a slave, and belonging to that brutal Count! His past must be filled with tragedy and suffering.

Percen smiled at the Prince's well wishes.

"Thank you, Erwin, my lord." He lowered his head respectfully. "I might stay another night then, though I wouldn't allow myself to be away for much longer." He assured him. Even if there wasn't a lot going on, he felt better knowing he was there in case something happened. He didn't like to take spurious vacations like this, so he wouldn't let it carry on for longer than a few nights.

Kovi looked at Percen carefully, cautious that it was when Percen wouldn't catching him looking at him- he failed at this, but Percen gave no indication that he was aware he was being watched. This was his right hand man, and fortunately he'd not be spending the night. He couldn't quite put a finger on what the relationship really was, but it was fortunate that he'd get at least one or two nights with Erwin without certain interruptions.

It didn't take long for them to exchange their farewells, and Erwin took Kovi out of the mansion- at long last- they officially left the party. He felt a few pounds lighter stepping into the cold night air. The coachman at the coach Erwin brought him to stared at Kovi for a minute, clearly surprised at the new 'guest' at the prince's side, but he didn't say anything, naturally. Not exactly polite conversation to ask about a Flower dressed the way Kovi was. He was sat across from Erwin, which was nice. He felt like he was touched enough without being fucked for now. Even if he was gentle when he held him earlier, and his body was warm, retrospectively... he was being embraced by a man greatly responsible for a lot of people suffering. It made his skin crawl now. But that also meant he was completely open to be stared at. It wasn't exactly well lit, but still. He'd have to be a bit more careful when they were this close.

The main source of light was from passing streetlights, illuminating the carriage before the pale moonlight covered them in a dull, cold light. It was a reminder to Kovi that he always needed to remain sharp with Erwin, careful that he was always Aello, always just on the line of his memories. He needed to bury the hardness and the bitterness and the hatred of Kovi under feathered pillows and watery eyes.

But it was hard to hide the conflict of what Aello actually was. What would he really be feeling now, what would he show? His mannerisms. If he seemed too delicate and fragile, Erwin would likely see him as a sort of precious doll, one to be protected and kept on a high shelf, but not one to lay beneath one. So now, Aello wasn't a hesitant waif, or at least not entirely. In the comfort of the coach, in front of the prince who was so kind to his new whore, he held his posture firmly, but kept his eyes down. He was aware of how much Erwin was staring. It made him worried that the slightest mistake could alert him to the truth, but he also hoped it was a good sign that he was attracted to him. Maybe finally being truly alone with him, not just at the edge of a party, made him realize what he really had. What he could really do. Maybe those eyes were training for his hands, running over his form, shamelessly exposed.

He lifted his head, surprised when Erwin spoke to him. Questions about himself? That was interesting... didn't necessarily mean he wasn't lusting after him, but it meant he was interested in humanizing him. Very, very strange for Erwin, the Warrior Prince. How useful a mindset was that when you had to slaughter hundreds of them in a single afternoon? Of course, that didn't stop him when they were children. Kovi, as in Erwin's childhood friend, wasn't just a human to him, but his friend.

"My past, Master?" He tilted his head slightly. That was the bigger moment at the moment, wasn't it? The fact he wanted details of a Flower Kovi didn't fully know himself. "I can't imagine I had a very exciting life compared to yours." He told him, lowering his eyes again, and lightly tucking some rogue strands of hair behind his ear. "I was trained in herbal usages until about... ten, eleven years ago. Before a raid of the settlement- our warriors weren't there to try to protect us, so many of us were taken. Or killed." Something felt weird about using this story. He knew it was the story of so, so many that looked like him, who did similar work to his, in this very capital, that it wasn't out of place. But it wasn't his. He felt strange about it, but he couldn't put his finger on why, but he decided mentally, that it was his, in a sense, his story. He was a Flower, and he was about to help liberate all of them. "I've been in the Capital ever since..."

In many ways what Aello said was quite typical of a Flower slave who ended up in the possession of some rich noble, in fact it was almost too typical. Such was probably part of the brutality of slavery, which could reduce a vast amount of unique individuals into one, singular experience. Erwin didn't need anyone to remind him that as a member of the royal family, he too, share the sin for the atrocities, despite the fact that the oppression and enslavement of the Flower people began a long time ago, before what they called "Levendell" even existed. Erwin had tried his best to remedy the situation whenever he could, but he dared not to tackle the problem at its core, as he feared the bloodshed that would likely require, even though that may be inevitable at the end.

"It maybe strange coming from someone like me.... but I am sorry." Erwin said with a heavy tone: "Of course I'm not naive enough to think that my apology could rectify everything your people had suffered... nor would it make right the wrongs I have done... I just want you to know that you can trust me to keep you safe.”

The carriage traveled down the street through the merchant district, the civilian district, and eventually arrived at the garrison near the outer walls. Unlike the night before, the soldiers standing on guard for the night was actually awake, who saluted Erwin as he got off the cart: “Welcome back, My... Lord......?” Their expression changed to one of surprise when they saw Erwin helping the Flower down from the carriage.

“Soldiers, spread the word. This is Aello. He is going to stay in the garrison for the time being. No harm is to come to him. Understood?” Erwin commanded.

“Yes, My Lord!” The soldiers replied as they saw Erwin take Aello inside. They looked at each other a little baffled by the situation, but soon smiled at each other. After all, giving shelter to a Flower was exactly the kind of thing their Prince would do. But as the soldiers guarding the door took a better look at Aello as he entered, they began to wonder that maybe for once, their Prince had a little alternative motive for saving the beautiful Flower.

Erwin lead Aello deeper and deeper into the garrison. With most the the soldiers already asleep the place was calm and quiet, perhaps eerily so for those not used to the dull stone interior of the garrison. He found one of the night guards and asked him to arrange a room for Aello, which end up being one of the vacant officer quarters near Erwin’s own room.

“I hope this room is okay with you.” Erwin said as he pushed the door open to let Aello in. “Sorry the place is a little bit dusty, but we haven’t actually used this place for quite a long time, and its previous owner is.... no longer with us.” Erwin said as he walked inside and looked around the room, seeing only the bare minimum of furniture. He turned back to look at Aello and said: “I’ll tell my men to bring you some clean clothes and sheets. Is there anything else you need?”

Kovi was still a bit surprised by the sympathy Erwin gave him. As an individual was one thing. He was already a Flower subdued, property, there was nothing to conquest now, Aello belonged to him, his will, so he was very different to the Flowers he met on the battlefield. But still, the ongoing gentleness and acceptance was still peculiar. And even when he gave the cut and dry, basic and typical backstory, one that Erwin would be familiar with, there was something in his expression- even in the dark, that seemed genuinely to pity him. In Kovi's story, Aello didn't suffer much more than the majority of slaves here, and yet Erwin found reserves to really see it as an individual's plight... one he felt bad about.

"There's no need for you to apologize to me, Master," Kovi assured him in a steady, quiet voice. "Not because I wouldn't accept..." Though it was true. No matter how genuine he seemed- no matter how genuine he was, Kovi could never forgive his part in all this. He may only be the most recent in a long history of atrocities afforded against the Flowers, but he was responsible for continuing the tradition, standing on hundreds of years of cruelty on his back to bolster his own legacy. "...but because you have nothing to apologize to me for." He said, the tenderness of Aello shining over Kovi's true feelings.

"I do trust you, Master... and I'm so relieved to be with you..." He told him, his voice breathy, shaking with a silent joy. Kovi could start to feel Aello's enthusiasm to be with Erwin, a kind and gentle man, saving him from death, saving him by being a master who wouldn't harm him, sparing him the common cruelties. He looked at him with glistening eyes.

The carriage carried them out a long way, longer than Kovi expected. He hadn't been out near the garrison in a long while. The soldiers, a small gathering of them, stopped and saluted Erwin as he stepped off the carriage. Kovi was a bit taken back that the prince turned around and helped him step out of the carriage as well. He wasn't more surprised than the men greeting him, though. He must have been a sight for them. A pleasure slave was the sort of luxury most men of this rank would rarely see, let alone next to the man who lead them to slaughter his people. But they were hand in hand. Like at the party, he took the meek position slightly behind Erwin.

He felt more grateful than he should have when Erwin gave the order that Aello was not to be harmed. Kovi felt the desire to rape Flowers was just as common among soldiers as civilians, so he always felt that could be a possibility here. He was sure that lessened now that it was a deliberate and direct order to leave him alone. Kovi followed Erwin indoors, where it was noticeably warmer than the chilly night air. But that was as high a compliment Kovi could give it. It was eerily silent, and dull in color and decor, only dust and dim-colored stone for the walls.

The room Erwin led him to was marginally better than the halls. There was a fair amount of furniture, though slightly dusty. He would have though the prince, the general, would have had a more well-kept room, but he was soon told that it was the room of someone else. A dead man's place. He looked up at Erwin, eyes widened. He really was hoping he'd be sharing a bed with him tonight, but a separate room altogether- as generous as it was - was going to be an obstacle to the mission. He'd have to find a way to work around this.

"That's more than enough, thank you, Master," Aello's hearty gratitude shone through again, smiling up at Erwin.

Erwin noticed all the disbelief and uncertainties in the way Aello looked at him, which was to be expected since the beautiful Flower's previous owner was known for his brutality, and he was probably expecting at least to share the bed with his new owner. Erwin smiled and said: "Just so we are clear, Aello. Even though I am your master according to Levendell law right now, I am no master of yours, and you are not my slave, more like a.... guest. You're not obligated to do anything for me, well, other than the little formalities involved if there's other people around. Anyway, take some rest. Tomorrow I’ll show you around the garrison.”

With that said Erwin bid farewell to Aello and left the room. Even though he felt a little guilty for leaving him alone for the night, he didn’t want to create any misunderstanding between them. A few minutes latter a solider came, knocking on the door and asked for permission before entering, then put the clean clothes and sheets Erwin asked for on the bed, then left immediately after.

As the sound soldier’s footstep got lighter and lighter, everything fell silent. The Flower Slave was left truly alone. If Erwin was a more suspicious man he might have put Aello under surveillance for at least the first several nights, but such thoughts simply didn’t cross his mind. Outside the window, the bright cool moonlight was slowly being covered as a cloud float in the way, leaving the room in utter darkness for a moment.

Eventually the wind carried the cloud away, and as the room was illuminated once more a shadowy silhouette of something suddenly appeared in front of Aello, or more correctly, Kovi’s eyes. The thing was like a thin, black mist, constantly flickering and wavering, as if its presence was refused by the reality itself. While it had a vaguely humanoid shape, there was no notable features, with the exception of a pair of green eyes which Kovi would be more than familiar with.

“Hello Kovi..... I see that you found your way into the garrison... But not to Erwin’s bed yet.” The voice of Raphas came from the strange mist: “The Prince seems to be more ascetic than I realized.”

Kovi cocked his head to the side again as he listened, looking up at Erwin. Tilting his head in a show of puzzlement was something that was happening quite a bit as Aello, with Erwin's rather surprising ways. He let his eyebrows crease together slightly, a small confused frown curled on his lips. As confused as Aello seemed at the concept of Erwin not being his master he looked, the better. He needed to broadcast clearly that this would be very difficult for Erwin to shake. But he didn't voice this confusion. He only nodded in a hollow display. He bid him farewell quietly, hoping that Erwin would feel conflicted about leaving him alone for the night.

This was a bit of a problem. It would take more than just tempting Erwin, and getting over the awkwardness of first indulging in a bed slave. Erwin seemed adamant about ignoring the power he inherently held over Kovi, and that would be a pain to try to work around. That meant he might need to spend more time here than he expected. The thought of spending excessive amounts of time silently convincing Erwin to fuck him made his skin crawl. What could it t-

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. Soldiers asked his permission to come in. They stood there for a while, as Kovi was in stunned silence before telling them to come in. He watched them carefully. They seemed just as out of place and hesitant as Kovi did. But only one party there was fully dressed, and that alone would have been enough to make one antsy. But, as Erwin ordered, they did little more than let a look linger over him. They left clothes and sheets on the bed, and left without a word. Kovi, for the first time all night, truly breathed.

Kovi figured he might as well make the bed, but he ended up sitting on the bed for a moment, to appreciate the hard-earned silence. He would have rather be with Erwin in his room, but if he had silence, he could take it to really gather his thoughts. The moon's reliable brightness was dimmed. A cloud in the night sky. Kovi closed his eyes and breathed slowly. He opened his eyes, feeling a tenseness in the air. The cloud over the moon gave way to its light once more, and there was a familiar, haunting silhouette manifesting in the room. Kovi smiled slightly, leaning forward when he heard Raphas' voice.

"As unfortunate as it is surprising." Kovi nodded. It was always comforting to have Raphas there, in some aspect. It filled him with confidence, with strength. "I'll slide into his bed soon enough," He assured his master. "There's only so long he can suppress his true nature."

"I have no doubt about that he will fall for you. After all, you're the most beautiful, most alluring Flower there is. I know, cause I've made you so." Raphas said, despite his misty projection having no facial features to speak of, given the tone of his voice one could tell that Raphas was in a rather good mood, seemingly proud of Kovi's abilities. But the tone of his voice quickly changed and he said: "That being said.... I wish I was more powerful, or had more knowledge in magic, so you don't have to endure such humiliation and danger... Ah, silly me. I know you don't like me apologizing like this."

As Raphas spoke to Kovi, his silhouette began to flicker and fade. He huffed slightly and said: "I'm having difficulty maintaining this projection... could it be...Anyway, just try to come back to me as soon as you can, promise?"

And moments latter Raphas’ projection vanished in front of Kovi’s eyes, leaving the Flower alone in essentially hostile territory. At the same time Raphas opened his eyes in his underground lair and was clearly annoyed, as the difficulty he had maintaining his projection was really unexpected. He had a few theories as to the reason but no concrete proof, and knowing that something was beyond his control interfering with his plan just irritated him to no end.

But he quickly calmed himself down, the idea of Kovi going to seduce his childhood friend in order to make him a puppet of his just brought a big smile to his face. Now he must think of a way to accelerate that process. He took and the scroll with all of the list of his puppets and traced his fingers along the names, tapping into their minds to create a vast network of knowledge and memories, trying to untangle the complicated web of inter-marriages and other sorts of alliances among the nobility, and soon he found what he was looking for.

The night passed, and the sun rose above the horizon. The sound of birds and roosters calling in the morning woke Erwin up from his sleep, having gotten used to waking up at the slightest sign of disturbance. He got up from his bed and opened the window, stretching as he felt the cool morning breeze blowing in his face. He said with a bright smile: “It’s time to beat some discipline back into my men!”

Moments latter the soldiers were awoken by the loud sound of horns, the same one they used on the battlefield to relay commands. All the soldiers in the garrison jumped off their bed and put on their full gear in a matter of seconds, and rushed towards the central courtyard, where as expected their prince Erwin was waiting for them.

“Good morning men! Slept well last night?!” Erwin yelled loudly, his blonde hair reflecting the morning sunlight, adding to the air of strength and confidence made him look more like a divine being than an actual mortal.

“YES MY LORD!” The soldiers replied in unison.

“Good! Now let’s see if getting back to the capital have made you soft or not. 50 circles around the courtyard. NOW!”

And just as Erwin ordered, the men began to form a long line and run in circles with their full gear on. As Erwin observed the soldier’s morning training, he wondered how Aello spent the night, and whether or not did he woke the Flower up with all this commotion.

(Do you have any particular plan for the woman who showed interest in Percen? If not I was thinking of using her, or more precisely her relative to approach Percen.)

Kovi smiled warmly at the nebulous Raphas representation at his praise and his confidence. It filled him with a warmth to hear those words, Raphas so sure of Kovi's allure and speak of his success as inevitable. Raphas was in high spirits, it was apparent from his tone. Kovi wouldn't tell him about how he almost died, not tonight, at least. Maybe not ever. He couldn't bear to think of how devastated Raphas would be if he thought he almost lost him. He might even go as far as to forbid that he return, as this wasn't a particularly safe place, either. But they both knew these were the risks, and he was made for this- Raphas said it himself.

The Flower shook his head, Raphas was spot on, he hated that Raphas was so riddled with guilt about Kovi everytime he was on a mission, anytime he was away from Raphas, he was in potential danger. This was just as much Raphas' sacrifice as it was Kovi's, whenever Kovi was hurt. Raphas was hurt just as badly, in a different way. He had to remember that, and make sure the pain was minimal. From what he could gather, Erwin wasn't particularly sadistic, or at least if he was, he was reserved enough about it that the pain he might inflict was probably elementary for Kovi to handle. Surprisingly, he was one of the least physically threatening targets he had in recent memory.

"As soon as I can." Kovi repeated, standing up and approaching the fading, flickering shadow. Just his voice made him feel like he was truly there, though now up close he could see how thin the projection was. "I promise. I love you, Master Raphas," He told him softly.

He could feel Raphas disappear in his bones as he vanished before him. Kovi stumbled back onto the bed, laying back onto it slowly. The room felt too spacious now, too lonely. He looked at the door, knowing exactly what was waiting behind it. When he did make it back to Raphas, he would have to be very, very cautious when walking about the garrison while not with Erwin, and thus little more than the soldiers' sense of honor and duty shielding him.

Tonight, naturally, wouldn't be a good time. If he had enough to report, maybe tomorrow night. The first time he returned to report to Raphas, it would be made easier if he was still kept in a separate room. A rather concerning thought, but one he couldn't afford to ignore, was that if one of Erwin's men did touch him... then that was a pretty convincing reason for Erwin to keep him close, including in his own bed. He hoped it wouldn't be necessary, as that felt a little desperate to try to bait a soldier to disregard his orders... but it was something to think on if Erwin was harder than Kovi had ever managed. He knew Raphas would hate that sort of plan, though, so maybe he should keep it to himself, unless asked directly about that sort of thing. He couldn't directly lie to Raphas, he could never do that to him, no matter what.

Eventually, Kovi managed to fall asleep despite his haunting thoughts. The sounds of nature wasn't enough to stir him, and being in the room alone shielded him from many noises that could wake him. However, this did not include the sounds of the horns that suddenly blared across the garrison, and his eyes shot open as his body flew himself upright in a panic. Loud awakenings were rarely painless for him, but it didn't take long for his surrounding to remind him of how alone he was, and for the first time since leaving Raphas the night before, he had a moment where he felt safe.

He heard some distant sounds when he stood close enough to the door, and while he wasn't sure what was being said or done, he could pretty confidently guess that it was Erwin, or another high ranking officer, barking training orders to the men. So at least everyone was preoccupied about now. That was good to keep note of. He was very inclined to sneak about and get a good look around, get a feel for the layout, and how he might best exit and re-enter when need be. But if Erwin came for him and he wasn't here, he might appear too independent, to suddenly run off and explore on his own. While he could act fearful of punishment for getting caught that could make up for that slightly, he wasn't sure if it was worth it, especially if that could very well warrant a punishment. And Erwin might be inclined to give him a tour himself.

He sat back on the bed, frowning. It'd be dull, but he's spent plenty of time alone with little to do before. Kovi decided it was ultimately better to wait for Erwin, who no doubt wouldn't wait too long before checking in on his precious rescuee. Even if it did take a while, wouldn't Aello seem even more pitiful if he would stay in the room all alone without explicit permission that he could do otherwise? Erwin would be put in a position to be hyper aware of his Flower.

(I had nothing specific in mind, just thought it'd be useful to set a character like her up for future. So that would be just dandy~!)

The morning exercises went on for a while, but even the hardiest soldiers can only work out so much without having breakfast. Eventually Erwin gave the order to stop, and the soldiers marched in unison for the mess hall, and ordered his men to prepare breakfast for him and Aello.

Some time latter Erwin knocked on the door of Aello's room: "It's me, Erwin. I'm coming in." After hearing the Flower's reply, Erwin entered the room with a gentle smile on his face. "Good morning Aello. Sorry for all the commotion outside this early in the morning. I hope you had a good night sleep." He raised an eyebrow when he noticed Aello still wearing the revealing dress he had on last night. "I thought I ordered them to bring you some proper.... Ah, there they are." Erwin muttered as he walked towards the pile of clothes set on the table. He sighed slightly and said: "I know these are not exactly traditional Flower clothes, but at least it's more decent than what you're wearing now... Oh, not that you look bad in that dress, no, not at all!"

Erwin picked out a simple shirt and trousers and passed it to Aello: “Put these on. Afterwards let’s have breakfast together. Here or at my office?”

Around the same time at the Gorneria mansion, the family was about to have their breakfast as well. When Percen arrived at the dining room his parents and sisters were already there. Surprisingly though they were joined with the addition of two guests. One of them was Madeleine Asturias, the same girl who during last night’s party showed a lot of interest to Percen. Having passed her 18th birthday just a few months ago, she was still more of a teenage girl than a woman. That being said, her dark brown, straight, waist length hair; bright, beautiful green eyes; adorable little nose; pink plush lips; and above all, those plump bosoms on her chest were enough to attract the eyes of most men. Seeing Percen’s approach she quickly stood up, happily hopped in front of Percen and showed a bright smile, bowing slightly and said: “Good morning Percen!” She chuckled slightly seeing the surprise on the young knight’s face and explained: “I felt a little exhausted after last night’s party, but Mr. Gorneria was kind enough to offer me some hospitality.”

“Exhausted? More like had too much to drink. I am terribly sorry for Madeline’s behavior.” The stranger sitting beside Madeleine earlier also got up from the table and came in front of Percen. While clearly had more masculine touch to his features, the man showed quite a resemblance to Madeline, giving him a almost androgynous beauty. In contrast to the energetic and perhaps, rather childish Madeline, his attitude and behavior was more mature, and had a calm elegance to his every move. For a moment his green eyes seemed to reflect a strange red hue, but that moment quickly passed as if nothing was ever out of the ordinary. The man extended his hand towards Percen for a handshake and said: “My name is Lonan Asturias, Madeline’s brother.” Lonan showed a weak smile and said: “Your parents sent word for my sister’s stay last night. I came first thing in the morning wanting to apologize to Mr and Mrs Gorneria, but ended up being invited to the breakfast.”

Kovi was used to being kept in a bedroom with little to do. He had mental games he played with himself, or stories he'd invent. He thought of Raphas. If he thought he could get away with it, he may even snoop about. There was little here that inspired him to snoop or for inventing stories. He wasn't all that creative, so he usually picked an object that seemed interesting enough and made a narrative where it would have significance.

He doubted that Erwin would wait very long before visiting him. He only hoped that it was Erwin himself and not one of his men, like the night before. He was growing a little hungry now. Not that he couldn't handle it, though it was unusual for him to be hungry this early in the morning, but it had been a while since he'd eaten last.

There was a knock at the door. Kovi sighed with relief when he heard Erwin's voice. He sat back further on the bed, brought his knees to his chest, and called for him to come in. Erwin walked into the room, a soft expression on his face. Kovi smiled back, and unfurled from his defensive posture, as if it was the sight of the prince that relaxed him.

Once he did, the expression on Erwin's face changed a little. He mentioned the clothes from last night- something Kovi had forgotten about. But Erwin's reactions were rather nice, saying something that could be misconstrued as hurtful, and backtracking with a compliment. It took him off guard. Kovi covered himself slightly when Erwin first mentioned the more modest clothes he was brought, and relaxed his position to open himself more at the compliment.

"Thank you, Master..." He whispered, though he tried to sound somewhat enthused, like the statement of praise was important to him. He stood up from the bed and took the clothes from Erwin when he handed them to him. Kovi set them on the bed, and started to remove the fastening at the back of his garments when Erwin invited him to eat breakfast with him. He looked up at him, wide-eyed in genuine surprise.

A warmth spread under his cheeks at the suggestion Erwin wanted to eat lunch together- even going so far as to inviting him into his office. The only time he'd been invited to a target's office or other place devoted to work was to serve as relief, and he doubted that's what Erwin intended, as fortunate as that would be. He recovered his persona as Aello easily enough, though, and lowered his gaze.

"I-I don't think my being in your office is appropriate..." He said softly, as if he was ashamed by the mere idea that he be treated as more than a bed slave, and being excited by it. He hoped that Erwin would be inclined to insist on the office, and take the burden from him. He might seem too eager if he chose his office, like he might benefit... He wanted to see what he could learn without undressing, and his office was a good bet of getting a slight glance. He also, on a deeper level, hoped Erwin might want to assure him he was worth it... maybe even touch him like the night before, to comfort him...

Percen slept like a rock in his familiar bed. The security of his family home lulled him into a pleasant sleep. He even slept in an hour longer than usual. Maybe the party had worn him out more than he thought, maybe he'd needed more sleep than he'd been getting, and without interruption, he was allowed it. He knew breakfast wouldn't be for a while, however, so he took to reading an old book on his shelf. He never finished it when he was a young teenager, only about half way through. About a chapter in he started becoming quite invested, and he realized that it was probably too dense for him at that young age, but engaging enough at his current age. A maid knocked on his door and reminded him that breakfast would be ready soon, and he thanked her, even though she closed the door while he was in mid-sentence. He didn't recognize her, he wondered when she joined the staff.

He came downstairs a few minutes later, and evidently he estimated wrong, as everyone beat him to the table- even their guests.. He bid them a polite good morning.

Of their two guests, he only knew Madeleine. She still looked more like she ought to be his younger sister rather than someone to court, but she was a pretty young woman. She had a mature charm to her that she would only grow into to fill better. He was sure plenty of men would be after a beautiful, sharp teenager like her. But the fact that she was at his breakfast table made him feel a small amount of pride.

She seemed happy to see him at the table, as well, bouncing up from her seat and politely bowing. Percen returned the same. His morning sleepiness must have been clinging to him more than he thought, as he didn't contain his surprise very well when he saw her, or when she came up to greet him so personally. This did not go unnoticed by the girl, and she laughed a little at him, though not mean-spirited.

The second figure, the definitive stranger, stood up at crassly accused Madeleine of indulging in too much drink, something that would have been far out of line if he weren't her immediate family. And their features were a testament to the relation. While he was tall and broad in figure, his jaw was wide, he otherwise was quite strikingly similar to his small, very girlish companion.

"Oh, nonsense!" Percen's father laughed heartily, as if the party was ongoing still. "There's no need to apologize, young miss Madeleine has been nothing but a treat. And Percen certainly doesn't mind the company at breakfast." He winked at his son, who was pretending not to exist as politely as he could manage. His youngest sister giggled behind her hand.

"Lonan, you said?" Percen bowed. "Well, regardless of the circumstances, it is a pleasure to meet you." He told him. "And I'm very eager to get to know you and your sister here at breakfast, it's certainly no intrusion upon me."

"I'm sure your father will enjoy the company of a pretty young woman," His step-mother said, sending a cheeky smile to his father at the head of the table, awaiting him to jump at the chance to defend his devotion to her.

"Why, of course anyone who appreciates the art can appreciate a pretty girl," He emphasized the last word and gently took his wife's hand. "I'll always choose a glass of wine over a bowl of grapes," He said, lightly kissing her knuckles. The youngest sister didn't find this as giggle-worthy. The older of the two was fixated on something in her lap, and didn't seem to pay the world any mind.

Percen gestured towards the table, insinuating he'd follow them taking to their seats before taking his own, across from Madeleine. It seemed strange, as he usually sat closer to his father at the table. Madeleine was young, and she was beautiful, from the Asturius family, and, drink asides, she seemed genuinely interested in him the night before. He should feel very blessed. Having the chance to court a woman like her was not something to take lightly. He wondered how Erwin was doing back at the barracks. He hoped he wasn't too stressed trying to tend to his new Flower. He didn't seem like he'd ever be too comfortable surrounded by soldiers, it'd be a waste of energy trying to make him feel truly relaxed and at home.

Seeing the clear reservation from Aello, Erwin chuckled slightly and said: " Ah, my office isn't really anything fancy or formal, more like a place where I keep all the random files and stuff which I don't really want in my room, but can't really throw away either. He was caught off-guard however when Aello suddenly started to take of his already revealing dress. "Oh dear..." Erwin said as his face he turned red and looked away hurriedly. Even though Erwin had seen his fair share of nudity as being in the army often meant to share the bath with the other soldiers, not to mention the fact that he had shared his bed many times with his trusted second in command Percen. But that did not mean it's polite to stare at someone while changing, especially someone as beautiful as Aello. He quickly rushed out the room and said as he closed the door behind him: "I'll wait for you outside."

In contrast to the awkwardness in the garrison, the breakfast in Gorneria mansion went on much more smoothly. As they enjoyed the food carefully prepared by the chefs, the Asturius siblings continued to familiarize with Percen's family. Percen's mother in particular seemed to be rather fond of the young, energetic girl, and was in no way hiding that fact. She even went so far as to saying that she wished Madeline to be her own daughter, and she said so while giving Percen a rather meaningful look.

"Oh! Lady Gorneria, please don't tease me." Madeline exclaimed with her face totally red, seemingly embarrassed by Percen's mother's comment. But if her sparkling eyes and that bright smile was of any indication, it was clear that she also welcomed the idea.

As the women went over their heads on the prospect of marriage, Lonon took a look at Percen, seeing the young knight's reaction to all this. With a smile he interrupted the conversation and said: "It would certainly be a great honor for both of our houses. But I can't really in good conscience let my sister get engaged without letting her go through proper marriage training. Not to mention we should really consult our father on this, even though I imagine there would be little objection coming from him. And besides..."

Lenon made a short pause and continued: "We haven't even asked Percen's take on all this.He just came back from a long campaign, perchance he has met someone but just didn't have an opportunity to tell the family yet?"

Kovi smiled softly at Erwin's downplaying of his office. He kind of liked that instead of assuring Kovi that he was worthy of being invited to the prestigious work space, and opted to describe it as lesser than it was perceived as, as somewhat a glorified closet with a desk. Either way, Kovi was in his thoughts when he started to pull his dress off of him, and Erwin reacted visibly distraught in surprise. He knew that nudity shouldn't be something foreign to Erwin, for a number of reasons, so he couldn't be shy on those grounds, and Aello didn't mind if he saw him completely nude, as the dress barely protected his modesty as it was. Kovi wanted to see his reaction to having a completely nude Flower at his disposal.

His reaction was to turn his gaze away, and quickly left the room, not unlike an adolescent facing a nude person for the first time. But it was enlightening, as he clearly didn't see Aello as a wholly sexless being, and in fact must feel enough the opposite way to make him feel he needed to leave the room and spare his modesty. This gave Kovi a bit of hope, that Erwin didn't just see him as a helpless object that he could use to justify his beliefs that he was a good person despite his line of work- that he'd save a Flower as soon as butcher one, but he recognized that he was another man, with a physical body, a sexuality... This was definitely something he could work with easier than the former.

He stepped out a few moments later, now dressed in the more proper garments Erwin's men brought him the night before. 17

Percen wasn't the most comfortable at the table, he preferred large parties over smaller, intimate gatherings like this. But he did genuinely find Madeleine interesting and charming, even if she was quite young and her inexperience showed in some of her opinions. But it was only part of her charm. Her brother seemed to be a decent man as well, if less talkative and a little more serious. He was appalled by his step mother's comments, thinking it ought to be something aimed towards his sisters, but her gaze found him. Madeleine was pleased as could be, though she pretended to protest at such a literally familial invitation.

"Yes, mother, let's not embarrass our guests," He echoed the words but with an entirely different sentiment in his voice, giving her a look. She only gave him a sly smile, not at all bothered.

He took a backseat to some of the conversation following. His mother was never one to shy from scandal, and in fact seemed to greatly enjoy it. Her marriage to his father was no doubt motivated in part due to the taboo of marrying someone with no title whatsoever, though they genuinely loved each other. He knew it was unlikely he'd have such a relationship. But someone as pleasant as Madeleine, who seemed to share a certain flare for life as his stepmother, was probably the best he could hope for.

Percen's thoughts, slowly drawing out as he compared the similarities and differences between Madeleine and the women of his family, Lonon spoke up, a rarity from what Percen could tell, and he turned his attentions onto him. He realized the two of them were probably very similar as well. While he would rarely voice it, he also had that nagging feeling that the discussions of marriage so brashly was a little fanciful considering their circumstances. He found himself a little relieved that their father wasn't likely to object. But he also wondered if he'd be relieved or concerned if the opposite was true.

Lonen surprised him with the question, making Percen nearly choke while swallowing a bite of his breakfast.

"No, I'm sorry to say I've encountered anyone to such an interest," He explained, wiping his mouth a little with a napkin, and straightening himself out. "Rarely would I meet women my own age, let alone know one enough to entertain the idea of courtship," He shared. It was true. While there was romance in the idea of a soldier finding a bride while defending the kingdom, that was more a commoner's story than a noble's, as he didn't spend much time outside his work whenever they did stop in a town or village during their travels.

Erwin waited outside the door and smiled as he heard it being opened. He turned around, and Aello was standing right in front of his eyes. Instinctively Erwin observed the Flower from top to bottom, perhaps it was due to the way Erwin was first introduced to Aello, wearing that very revealing, seductive dress, at that moment Aello looked terribly out of place in Erwin's eyes wearing just normal clothing. Even though it was most definitely humiliating and demeaning for Aello to be treated as eye candy and an object for desire, Erwin had to admit that the Flower did look jaw dropping good being in that lewd outfit, and those shirts and trousers just didn't have the same affect. Yet the fact that those normal clothes suited Aello so badly meant his extraordinary beauty stood out even more, and would certainly made people more curious and want to strip Aello of those ill-fitted clothes to see the true beauty hidden beneath.

“Follow me Aello, oh and watch your steps, the floor is a little bumpy on this floor.” Erwin said as he lead the way, with the thought of buying some new clothes for Aello in his mind. Soon they arrived at Erwin’s office, and as the prince told Aello earlier, the space wasn’t really something to bloat about. There were no fancy tapestry, expensive artwork, shiny armor nor lavish furniture which were common among office spaces for nobles or high ranking officers. Everything was simple, functional, cheap even, the only thing which looked like it was worth something was the large desk and armchair, but even those looked old, obviously passed down from the previous commander to him. “Here, have a seat.” Erwin said as he pulled a chair and set it across his own seat at the desk. He then called for one of the soldiers stationed nearby and ordered him to relay the word, and soon enough soldier came knocking with a cart carrying their breakfast: brown bread, ham, cheese, egg, milk and coffee, nothing lavish, but was fulfilling as required to feed the active soldiers,

‘Let’s eat.” Erwin said as he picked up his utensils. He wasn’t one to offer prayers before meals, as he had lost faith in the gods a long time ago. But he did pause to observe Aello’s behavior, as he knew most of the Flowers were highly spiritual, which wasn’t surprising for an oppressed people seeking refuge in spirituality, but they were often denied their time of prayers by their masters. “You can pray if you want to.” Erwin said as he stuck he began to cut the ham in his plate.

“That’s a pity. But I suppose it’s good news for my sister.” Lonan commented as he turned to look at his sister, who was visibly relieved hearing that Percen did not already have someone in mind. He then said: “In any case there is no reason to rush things. We should continue the talk on marriage at more appropriate circumstances.”

And as Lonan said, the subject of their conversation moved on, from the weather to the recent trends in fashion. Eventually they seemed to got tired of talking, at least talking at the breakfast table. While Lonan wanted to take Madeline home, Percen’s mother insisted them to stay a bit longer, which Madeline happily accepted before Lonan could object. Percen’s sisters also seemed pleased with the turn of the events, as they took Madeline along to do some “girl stuff” among themselves. Meanwhile Percent’s parents had business to attend to and left, leaving only Lonan and Percen. He turned to the young knight and asked: “Well, I guess it’s only us now. I could use a little walk around the garden after the big breakfast. Would you like to join me?”

Kovi was sure he didn't look as enticing and vividly sexual as he did in his previous clothes. The pants and shirt he was given was plain and not fitted to him, and covered most of his body in an opaque fabric. And yet, Erwin looked him up and down with an expression Kovi didn't quite understand. Was Kovi so plain now, to him, in simple clothes? Or maybe Erwin still thought he was pretty, and was impressed that Aello still was even dressed like this. Maybe it had been a while since he had seen someone who looked like him in Erwin's people's clothes- clothes that weren't meant to objectify. Kovi was a little uncomfortable, only because he wasn't used to being seen this clothed, it was more embarrassing and exposing for him than his body being lewdly displayed. With the see through dress of the night before, he could heavily rely on his body for his story- he was a bed slave, well-trained, beautiful, submissive, and unshy of his purpose. But completely clothed, he felt less guarded with that. Now he was being treated more like a person. Kovi had a hard time figuring out how to work with that.

Kovi kept his eyes relatively stuck to the floor, near Erwin's feet. His discomfort he could easily translate into a lack of assurance or confidence, to present himself in such a way, brazenly equal to the other men in the garrison. He only nodded softly, and began to follow Erwin down the hall. He was right, the floor was oddly bumpy.

A pang of fear struck through him at the thought that... maybe Erwin was staring at him like that before because the last time Erwin saw a flower dressed in his standard clothing was when he saw them on him when he knew him as Kovi rather than Aello! What if he was reminding him... that would be a problem. He remembered the knife at his neck, and lightly touched the spot, as if he'd feel evidence of the experience. Kovi wanted to see Raphas one more time before he died, at the very least, if he ended up failing. But that wasn't an option.

Erwin opened a door, one that wasn't particularly large or decorated, or otherwise giving any announcements of grandeur, revealing his office. It was only just recognizable as an office. Nobility often liked to keep a number of things of value in their office spaces, art and armor and weapons and trophies. Things from other countries. An old general had a not small collection of golden earrings from his enemies- a number of southern Flower Tribes traditionally would wear a golden earring after marrying. He didn't know if he had other spoils of war, and he didn't ask.

Nothing so grim was here, despite Kovi was very, very aware that Erwin was capable of boasting a similar collection of spoils. But the lack of their presence made him more relaxed as he walked in after his 'master'. Even the furniture, while probably high quality, was old and visibly worn. It felt oddly homey for a strange room.

"O-oh..." Kovi stopped in his tracks, slightly raising his hand to his lips as if conflicted about accepting the polite gesture, before snapping his hand back to his side and walking to the chair, smiling at Erwin in gratitude. "Thank you, Master..." With that, he eased himself onto the chair, trying to look at delicate and light as possible. He wasn't sure if his efforts were noticed, as Erwin called in for a man outside the door to fetch a cart full of food.

Kovi wasn't exactly unused to being well-fed, even at a table, but it still felt odd that Erwin would go to these lengths without something in exchange, even if he was supposedly so set on not using his Aello. Still, he was sure to act appropriately shocked and pleased when the cart was placed besides the desk, even lightly clasping his hands together in his lap eagerly.

Kovi paused to wait to see what Erwin would do before reaching for the utensils himself. He didn't touch his food when Erwin gave him open permission to pray. Kovi never practiced when he wasn't home with Raphas, so the suggestion surprised him. Kovi's tribe was atypical for certain prayer practices, such as for meals, where they prayed after eating rather than before. The general idea behind this was it was better to be thankful than hopeful. But he knew that could be a more identifying trait, and he really didn't want Erwin to be reminded of his childhood Kovi than he needed to be. He set his utensils down and nodded.

"Thank you, Master..." He said, placing his loosely closed fists together and lifting his face slightly, closing his eyes and whispering a rather generic prayer, in case Erwin's hearing was particularly sharp, as he had never thought to prepare for pretending to be a different practitioner than he was. He gave Erwin a soft, appreciative smile, and turned his attention back to his breakfast.

Percen nodded, and gave Madeleine an assuring nod, a little pleased to see her reaction to the news, or lack thereof. So she was genuinely interested in him, or that the very least was very good at pretending.

"I agree, perhaps the breakfast table of the kingdom's most notorious gossip isn't the most ideal for such a topic," He gave his step mother a playful glance, while hers was rolling around the dining room, though she couldn't fight the smile. The rare banter from her stepson was almost always appreciated. By her own admission, she felt ignored or not well liked if her own teasing wasn't retaliated in some form.

Fortunately, it wasn't too hard for new topics of discussion to be brought up, moving effortlessly towards fashions and current events, the former being enough to bring his sister's attention to the conversation, pulling her away from what was undoubtedly a book under the table. She always managed to find the strangest hobbies and topics of research. Lately, she'd been very interested in trade routes and goods. She would add a quick line of trivia about how which popular fabrics were from where, or when it was best to buy for the best prices, and who the main merchants were. Eventually, that mind of hers would be much more useful than interesting table conversation, Percen was sure of it.

Eventually this led to his sisters leading Madeleine away, very pleased to have a fashionable older girl so willing to pay them attention. The sight made him laugh a little.

"Well, they're well suited for each other," His father commented once they left.

"If only you were so well suited for work," Percen's step mother gave his hand a light squeeze and a playful smirk. He acted emotionally wounded by such a remark, and they excused themselves to take care of a few finances duties.

Percen was rather surprised by Lonan's invitation, but he wasn't opposed to it. He nodded and smiled.

"Why thank you, a walk sounds lovely." He was used to a good amount of exercise in the morning, while not identical to the other men, so it would be interesting to have some company for a light walk instead.

Erwin only started eating after Aello finished his prayers, since he didn’t want to interrupt him in anyway. The slight smile on Aello's face brought a warmth to his heart. Even though Erwin was used to putting up the act of the charismatic prince, for some reason Erwin had a little problem figuring out the proper distance to put between him and Aello, as something about the Flower was just able to break through his defenses. He enjoyed the peace of the morning, feeling the satisfactory fatigue resulting from his earlier workout with his men, and the simple yet wholesome food on his plate which he preferred over the lavish and over-complicated high cuisines typical of noble banquets. He wondered when was the last time he was able to just relax and enjoy food like this, and it would probably need to trace back years in the past, before his campaign to the north, even before the war with Wirland which brought him his unwanted fame. It was back when he had a brief, precious period of teenage nativity thanked to Percen, who dragged him out of the long depression he had since Kovi's exile.

But Erwin wasn't someone who allowed himself to get comfortable. Snapping out of his temporary peace he looked at Aello who was sitting across from him and thought for a moment. He then asked: "So... Aello. As I said before I'm going to keep you here in the garrison until it's safe to take you across the border. Obviously this is going to mean a lot of free time at your hands so....any requests? I can get you some books or board games?"

“So this is the famous garden of the Gorneria mansion.” Lonan exclaimed as he saw the sea of flowers in front of him. Walking along the well maintained garden with Percen beside him, Lonan looked around, seemingly impressed and taken by the beautiful surroundings; “I am envious of the gardener you have, since the garden of our mansion here in the capital is far worse than this.”

And to be frank it really was, as the Asturias family was much more modest when it comes to the real estates in the capital. But it in no way meant that they were less powerful or wealthy than other nobles. The Asturias family was one of the oldest noble houses in the kingdom, and the Asturias fief was one of the largest, and most prosperous lands in the kingdom. While they’ve historically kept their distance from the power games in the capital, Lonan and Madeline’s father, the Marquess, Wystan Asturias, bought the mansion in the capital and started to play a more active role in politics.

Lonan turned to look at Percen and sighed: “But I supposed it cannot be helped, since our gardener, we call him old Alf by the way, he is quite, well.... old. He simply can’t maintain the place as well as before. Obviously we are thankful for his service throughout all these years, and don’t want to just fire the poor old man. So we talked to him and agreed to hire one of his sons.”

Lonan showed a meaningful smile. It was clear that it wasn’t really gardening that he was talking about. He continued: “But the thing is, now the sons are arguing with each other for the job! My father prefer the oldest brother, since he had trained under old Alf for the longest and have better experience. On the other hand the second son is really passionate about his work, and have a lot of connections with fellow gardener friends which can prove to beneficial. Then again the third son while less experienced, is really talented and is genuinely a nice guy. So I am kind of having a dilemma here, should I follow my father’s advice and go with experience, or should I go with passion and connection. Or maybe I should gamble a bit and go for talent? Having a good gardener can really make a big difference for the mansion, and can even influence the fortune of our family. So it's a really big decision. What do you think, Percen? Got any advises that you can give me?”