Ancient Power (~Silver_Petal~)(Closed, 18+)

NicholiDeSchidor

Name: Rioul

Race: Human

History: Having had a fairly good childhood. He showed his appreciation in the egyption history early on in his life. It was when his family had raised up the funds to send him to the best university that money could buy. He found himself in a dream, he was able to attend his college classes via satalite internet, due to the requirements of his main courses. He would have to attend various digs, some had already been excavated and it was used as an introductory into the class. Giving the students a sense of what they would be looking for. So that is where he found himself most of the time, out in the field. Looking over what he had to learn from.

Appearance:

RqQFPZ0.jpg

Brown hair swayed in the Egyptian wind. Man, it was hot out here in the deserts. But he had wanted to learn all he could of the land's past and their inhabitants. His parents had seen this desire in him at a young age and set aside everything for this one dream to come true. Rioul was happy tho, even if it was to hot outside for his liking during the daylight hours.

Golden eyes skimmed over the hieroglyphics inscribed on the walls of the tombs. A basic pyramid, having already been excavated and was now used as a teaching tool for those of his university. He couldn't complain to much, even if he itched for more 'unknown' findings. Already acing his classes, he found himself in the pyramid searching for something that would sate his hunger for knowledge and wonder.

It had been this one that, the day that would change his life. No, the entire human race forever. He had stumbled upon a hidden crevice that seemed to be untouched. A doorway, barely large enough for him to slip through. Having wanted to explore this new wonder himself, he kept quiet about its location... or having found anything at all. So he waited, until he felt that it was safe enough to explore this new pathway by himself.

Having gone about the day as normal, his mind raced back to the findings. Finding it harder and harder to ignore his desire to find out what was at the end of that tunnel. So when nightfall had arrived, and everyone else had fallen asleep in their tents outside of the pyramid. Rioul snuck out of his tent. Being careful not to be spotted if any decided to come outside of their tents. He had bee successful when he managed to reach the doorway and slipped inside. Clinching his flashlight in hand. He made sure to take a few tools with him as well, just in case he did find something.

Flipping the switch on the flashlight the moment he was deeper away from the doorway. His golden eyes lit up, briskly walking over to the hidden tunnel he had been keeping his thoughts on. He slid himself through the opening, finding it a bit difficult at first with the way he had to bend his body in order not to hurt himself in the process. But once past the crevice, he turned to notice that he was in what he expected. A tunnel of some sorts. It seemed to him that this tunnel had been cut off from the main rooms. Almost to eager to find something, he started walking along the tunnel. His gaze skimmed over the walls, not even finding a single hieroglyphic. It struck him odd at that point. Everywhere else was littered with them. So why was this single tunnel so different?

It felt like hours since he started his journey. Having to climb over stones and parts of the walls that had crumbled onto the floor. He couldn't tell what was up and what was down anymore. That is when he begun to believe that the tunnel itself could just be leading him around with no real end to it.

That was until he came to an abrupt hault in his steps. Light? No... flames? Who could possibly be this deep into the tunnels beside himself? He could of sworn he was the only one in the pyramid. Well, minus the dead themselves. Slowly walking towards the light, he saw the opening to a whole new room. And what he seen next had him breathless.

It seemed that the Egyptian had set up an elaborate system that allowed lamps to stay lit. Even for this long. A small trickle of oil down lines that had been carved throughout the walls of the room itself. Not only that, it was the room that Rioul couldn't believe. Everything was gold. Even the ceiling to the room was gold. But it was also puzzling to him. Everywhere else in the pyramid was covered in dust and dirt over the years. But this one room, look as if dirt had never touched it.

He found his feet carrying himself deeper into the room, spinning around in order to get as much of his surroundings in his sights. However, something caught the corner of his eye. Turning to get a better look, he noticed a chained sarcophagus. Instead of it being stone, it was a glimmering gold. Yet, it was the chains that confused Rioul the most. Why would chains be glowing a blue color?

The man moved closer, trying to find some sort of markings to determine what this hidden tomb held. Instead he couldn't find anything about who happened to be inside. Knowing that he shouldn't touch, but it was the curiosity getting the best of him as he laid a hand upon the chains. A loud rattle began to fill the room as the chains fell away from their captive.

Stunned and jumping back at what had happened. Rioul's eyes widened, seriously thinking that he had done something horrible without even knowing what exactly he had done in the first place. Even so, he had done it either way. No point in not looking inside to see who was inside.

Taking the steps closer to the sarcophagus once again and reaching down to his pocket, he pulled out a miniature crowbar. Looking around the sarcophagus to find the perfect place to use it on. Once he found a decent enough gap, he stuck the head of the crowbar into it. Putting all his strength into pushing the tool down. It was the loud rush of air that filled the room next. Even Rioul's hair whipped around his head at the sudden rush. But it didn't stop him in the least. He put his tool down and went to move the top. Pushing against it until it started to move.

He had begun to work up a sweat by the time he managed to push the lid enough to the side. Taking a deep breath before he lowered his gaze into the contents. A skeleton. No shocker there. But what was confusing, was that this one hadn't been mummified. It was as if this person had been pushed into this box in a rush. So it raised the question as to why they had felt threatened enough not to mummify this one.

Shaking his thoughts away when his gaze moved over something in the skeletons hands. A sword? He couldn't remember Egyptians having delicate swords before. Not as such as this one was. The handle itself seemed to of been carved with care. He reached in and tugged the sword out with ease. Letting his gaze travel over the inscribed words engraved into the blade itself. It clearly wasn't a language he understood, or could speak either. It also didn't seem like an Egyptian language either.

But he didn't have time to think more on the topic when he felt the room itself growing darker. His gaze darted to the lamps of the room, the fire wasn't going out. But it was as if a dark veil had been placed over his eyes.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NicholiDeSchidor

• ~Silver_Pedal~

Name: Anpu

Age: 5000 + However in his human form he looks like he is in his early 20's.

Race: Demigod

History: Born from a human woman and the God of the Dead Anubis, he lives in the lanes between human and demon. For centuries he was a slave to his father, collecting soul's and dragging those to the afterlife. His sole purpose in life was to protect those planes of existence. Along with guarding his fathers most prized possession which was the sword of Anubis, infused with the soul's of the damned, a weapon so powerful it could cut through the very fabric of time and space. War's were fought over this weapon- the God's tried to swipe the weapon and destroy it, however they were always stopped by Anpu.

Appearance:

Demigod Form:

4157c55f5326d5174e585434053d50a6.jpg

Human Form:

5cdc207bdd875cf5e8f3ecd1f8a1999d.jpg

Hellish fire, sparking in colors of gold, red, black, and orange- spreading as far as the eye could see. Screams of tortured soul's of the damned were echoing through the underworld, the smell of melting flesh and bone was mixing in with sulfur. This truly was a place no-one wanted to be at; especially with creatures that looked like they were part man and part Jackal roaming about- keeping those lost soul's in check. The sound of wailing grew louder as one such creature was running, holding a glimmering object in its long gnarled bony claw like fingers. Long bony legs was carrying the weight of the Jackal, thousand's of rushing feet were falling suit- flaming arrows were whizzing passed the creature, missing it as it dodged out of the way with skill.

The one leading such a charge was a man with gray colored skin- his red eyes were blazing with fury, matching the color of the hellish fire that seemed to glow brighter as the man passed by. His own weapon was clutched tightly within his firm grasp. The spear head shined a bright gold color- the handle was made from the purest of gold, it also had an inscription in old Egyptian.

He pulled his arm back with the object in his left hand, the object left his grasp- glowing ever so brightly, nearly blinding... However, before the gold spear could hit its mark, the Jackal managed to slip through the underworlds now closing gates. Coming to a stop, a loud curse was heard coming from the man- his spear once more returning to his hand. He whipped his head around to look at the creatures behind him, they all seemed to have gotten down on one knee- bowing their head's as they placed one hand over the right side of their chest.

Confused by such an act, he turned around when he heard a voice he knew all too well... "Anpu, you have failed me!" The loud booming voice shook the very ground, Anpu was standing upon. The young Demigod turned around fully- facing the source of the loud and intimidating voice. His bare gray knee touched the brimstone floor. His red eyes were locked onto those of the great God of the Dead himself, "Forgive me... Father..." Anpu whispered lows as he looked away from his father, bowing his head lowly- causing his long black hair to fall over his face- hiding his shame.

"You let one of my underlings get away with my sword! You disappoint me!" The God of the Dead spoke harshly, nearly snarling in anger. His own red eyes were narrowed behind his gold, black quartz, and blue diamond mask that resembled the head of the Jackal. "It won't happen again..."

"No... It won't... Because, I'm banishing you to the human world! And I will not let you through until you bring me back my sword!" Anubis, growled out- stomping over towards his child, his sharp clawed feet stopped in front of the Demigod. "Now, stand up!" Anpu, pushed off of the ground with his hands standing up on his feet. The clanging of gold on the ground was heard as he also used his spear to stand, when he was fully upright- he felt the spear being taken away from by force. Long clawed hands curled around the handle- "One more piece of advice... Do not... I repeat- do not let a human touch that sword! And you have until the next solar eclipse to bring my sword back! If you fail... I'll bring destruction and chaos to the mortal realm! Now, go!"

He pointed the tip of the spear towards the underworld gates, the large chained doors rattled to life as they parted way's with loud moans. Anpu, looked at his father one last time before he walked towards the doors- his long black hair was blowing behind him as he felt the strong gust of wind move through the opening. The chains on his body were chattering loudly when he placed one foot outside of the barrier, watching in pure disgust his skin color change from gray to tan. His nose scrunched up in distaste, taking a deep breath before walking pass the barrier. When his body emerged from the other side, he heard a large bang behind him- his head whipped around looking for the doors. His tanned hand reached up to touch the area only for it to fall through the air- great, his only way back home was gone.

"I guess this is what he meant by banishment..." Anpu, grumbled under his breath as his eyes scanned all around his surroundings. Where in the hell am I? And ugh... I look hideous! His red eyes looked down his body, noticing that the exposed skin was tan and that he was wearing only the finest of Egyptian silk. However, to anybody else he was quite handsome- but in his eyes... He shook his head, first he had to find that sword and return home! His blonde hair moved with his movements as he turned his head every which way, okay... First he has to check out where he is at and what year it was.

That was his biggest problem, time- what only seemed like seconds down in the underworld was probably decades up here on the surfaces. He crossed his arms over his exposed chest, his golden bracelets jingling with his slight move of the arms. But, that was short lived when he felt a burst of power nearby- that has to be it! Well, that was easier than he thought! He started to rush towards the small burst that were radiating through, what he now concluded was a pyramid.

Just a little bit farther, his white puffy pants were rubbing against his strong legs, his red and gold robe was flapping behind him in his hurried movements. Almost there... He turned around a corner and was nearly blasted back by a large pulse of energy. His arms crossed over in front of him in order to brace against the force that was pushing him back.

Step by step, he slowly managed to get to the room- however, the became much brighter as the fire grew more brighter than before. Anpu, froze in his place- he was too late, standing there was a human in strange clothing... Holding his father's sword... "You must be joking..." He scrubbed his face with his hands, great... Just freaking great! This was not suppose to happen!

Rioul hadn't been aware of anyone entering the room he was in. Knowing that no one had followed after him the moment he had slipped past the opening in the wall. His golden gaze flickered in the light that played out in the room. Yet, it was his sight that was vieled, as if he were trying to see though some kind of black miskito net.

Fighting with his sight, he debated on setting the sword down. But the moment that he placed the sword down on the coffin's lid. Something in the back of his mind was telling him to not let go of it. His gaze lowered to his hand still clutching at the swords hilt. Why did he have this sudden urge to keep the sword by his side? As if it was life or death for him.

Clinching his hand tighter to the hilt and drawing the sword closer to himself. But it was the sudden rush and the flames that grew brighter in the room that had his gaze darting around himself. Something strange was happening here. His vision was clearing up and for that, he was glad. However, the moment of feeling safe suddenly disappeared the moment the voice spoke out into the room.

Rioul spun around startled to face the person that had spoke up. Clinching the sword to his chest in his startled moment. Fearing that he should of spoken up to the other's that had been in the camp before he had set off onto this adventure. But it was when his gaze caught the egyption type clothing that this man was wearing. His eyes widened.

Trying to get his mouth to work for him, a few choking noises left him at first. "Please... Sir. I meant no harm, I am just a student working here to earn my degree." he tried to explain. Now thinking that he was in major trouble and that this man would possibly report him to the school for being irresponsible. "Please... I just" he paused for a moment. "The pyramid, it was suposta be completely discovered. But I found a part that had not been explored." Shaking his head.

"You just what? Touch things that do not belong to you?" Anpu removed his hands from his face in favor of crossing his arms over his bare tanned chest. A look of anger was taking over his expression, and to elaborate on that look- his red eyes narrowed into dangerous slits.

"And besides, do you even realize what you have done? You just cursed all of Egypt by even touching that thing!" He gestured towards the sword that was clutched tightly in the human's hands, and then walked up to him slowly- holding out his hand out.

"If you give it to me... I'll spare your life and save Egypt from being cursed... All you have to do, is give me that sword..." He said now standing directly in front of the human, his sharp gaze looked down at the very short male who looked like he stopped at just below his chin. However, the sword started to glow brightly- as if it had sense some form of presences- Anpu's presences.

His father entrusted him in retrieving the object and that was exactly what he was going to do, no matter the cost he will get that damn thing back!

Rioul's brow raised when he heard the other's words. It was becoming clearer to him that he really should of mentioned something to the other's before traveling down to this room. But it was the look on Anpu's face that had Rioul taking a step back from his spot, cluching the sword to his chest tightly. Shaking his head right before he heard the other speak up again.

Cursed?! His breath caught in his throat and his eyes widened at what he had done. "But I..." He paused and lowered his gaze to the sword in his hand. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the other's movements coming closer to him. How... could he had been so stupid? Didn't he learn anything at all since he started his journy here?

Rioul bit at his lower lip the moment Anpu spoke of sparing his life, but most importantly to save Egypt from the foolishness that he had done. As if his mind was made up for him, his hand clinched around the hilt a bit more. At first, it looked as if Rioul wasn't going to give the sword to the man. Afterall, how could he really trust this man wasn't just telling him sort of lie?

But then again, what if the man was telling the truth and egypt was in for a far worse fate if he didn't give the man the sword? Rioul was at a loss, he didn't know what to do. And what made it worse was the pull he felt from his own body to the sword itself. He closed his eyes and reached the sword out to Anpu. Only opening his eyes to avert his gaze from the other. "I... didn't mean any disrespect for the dead." He whispered.

It was hard, the more he held the sword out for Anpu to take. The more he felt an unseen force within himself being pulled along with it. More of a shadow than anything else, as if it had been tied to the sword from the very first touch. Although, Rioul was unable to see such shadows and spiritual things, he still felt the effects it was taking on his body.

• Saga locked this topic