Secrets Untold (StainedCrimson) (Closed, 18+)

NicholiDeSchidor

Name: James

Race: Neko

History: (Will be explained in the roleplay)

Appearance:

RJMyW98.png

James' emerald eyes shown brightly in the shadowy alleyway. He had heard the stories and the warnings from various other creatures that lurked in these alley's. This had been his home and his prison. His kind was becoming rare in this day and age. The more that his race was experimented on, the more of them died. Their body couldn't take the shock and it ended up killing them in the process.

His parents had tossed him out as soon as he turned 16 years old. But now that 2 years had passed, he found it harder each day. Running from one place to the next, in fear of being caught and sold off to the slave courters. He didn't want to become one of those lifeless toy's that the others spoke quite often of. That wasn't a life for him, he hadn't been breed to do the horrid things that were explained to him.

Green eye's blinked in the shadows before he slowly crawled out of his hiding spot for the day. It was getting later, the cool air of night was already starting to sweep through the streets of the city. His feet caried him towards the exit, wary of what could be waiting around the corner as he peeked his head out to take a look.

Nothing, at least the catchers hadn't come around this section of the city yet this day. But that didnt mean he wasnt going to be cautious. He took the few steps out from the alley after pulling his hood up to cover the black ears sticking up. He tried to make himself seem like a normal human as he started to walk down the street.

That was until his bright gaze caught the sight. One of the catchers was running right for him with a net already out. His heart dropped. How had he been seen already? Suddenly turning around and darting off in the other direction. Weaving in and out of people around him as he picked up on catchers boots pounding behind him. He wasn't paying attention, and just as he was about to turn off in another direction... he came to a painful stop. Bumping right into one of the passerby's with a yelp.

James' body fell to the ground on his butt. His hood falling off the back of his head, causing his midnight black ears to twitch wildly. His wide and frightened gaze lifting to whomever he had bumped into.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NicholiDeSchidor

• StainedCrimson

Name: Rin

Race: Okami

Background: To be revealed.

Appearance:

e1a263c6689a4bccd3413aef31ec6be5--anime-boys-manga-anime.jpg

"On time and excellent as always Rin!" A twig of a man twirls in place clearly thrilled over something. As the man spins the multi-colored scarf swirls around him making the male seem as though he's in the middle of a rainbow tornado. Another man, dressed semi-casual in slacks and button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up and the top few buttons undone, just stares at the seemingly never-ending human spinning top. "I'll get the script to the printers right away!"

With that the man grabs a large stack of papers then rushes off without waiting for a reply. Rolling his eyes Rin watches the smaller male runs out the coffee shop. Shaking his head Rin turns with a soft snort, he slings his jacket over his shoulder and leaves. Glancing outside he frowns in thought for a moment before deciding that it's overcast enough to walk back to his place.

Despite that he still puts on his glasses to cover his red eyes, the key sign that he's albino and not just lacking pigment in his hair or shockingly pale. Pausing outside, Rin takes a deep breath while pushing a hand through his white hair before turning towards home.

Just as he reaches the street intersection something runs into him. Staring down at the form on the ground in front of him, Rin takes note of the black cat ears then glances up hearing the sounds of the ones chasing the neko. With a low growl he bends over to scoop up the cat, cradling the slim form in one one he yanks the hood back over the ears. "Stay low and keep quite." His voice low as he turns and walks swiftly to the main street where he hails a cab.

When the cab stops in front of a large office building, he guides the slim form into the front lobby while glancing around to make sure that the catchers didn't manage to follow them. After the key card door closes behind them, Rin takes off his glasses to look at the other intently before frowning slightly. "Now, what to do with you..." The okami mutters to himself.

One second he was on the ground, his ass stinging from the fall he took. The next, he was in some strangers arms and being hauled off to another place. James didn't have the time to think as things began to move around him at a fast pace. His ears lowered under his hood, but as soon as he felt the car stop and he was being ushered into a new place. His gaze darted around the lobby.

The moment he found himself in an appartment, his ears twitched under his hood. James wide gaze lifted to the man that had been protecting him. But the question was still the same. Why the hell was this man protecting him?! He sure as hell didn't know who this man was.

But it was the moment he seen the other's eyes. It was as if he felt the instant something connected in his mind. It had been on a different level, but he had sensed something. Something he was unable to explain. James' let a small choked noise leave his lips. His instincts were telling him that this man was not human as he once believed.

Shaking his head harshly. "What... are you? And why did you protect me?" He managed to get his voice to work for him.

Rin snorts and looks down his nose at the neko before him. "No manners I see. Not so much as a 'thank you' for helping you despite risking my own discovery by the Catchers." Tucking his glasses into his shirt pocket, the okami turns to hang his jacket on the wall coat rack then turns to head further into his home, the layout similar to a high-level Japanese apartment in that it has hallway leading down to another door that leads into the actual apartment itself.

"I've been busy with work all day and want to eat and relax. You can stay or go. I'm not your keeper nor your jailer." Irritated with himself for having risked his neck and exposing himself, Rin huffs and goes through the other door after taking off his shoes at the entryway. He honestly isn't sure what to do with the neko at this point and decides to not care. If the other follows him then fine, and if not that's fine to.

Stepping through the door and into his home, he lets out a sigh of relief letting himself relax which causes his ears and tail to appear. Yawning Rin itches his ear while heading to the kitchen to see what food is left in the fridge. "Hmm, I'll have to go to the store tomorrow. Or have some food delivered." The only reason he has anything edible at all is due to his editor stopping by semi-regularly to make sure he eats. Rin manages to keep his home fairly clean, and has a service come through once or twice a week, but cooking tends to fall to the wayside when he gets wrapped up in a project.

James blinked in confusion when he heard the man's words. A dark flush of emabaressment rose to his cheeks. "Hey!" he said after a moment. But the man had already walked off. Letting a soft groan leave his lips, he turned to the door. Debating on if it was safe to leave or not. He honestly didnt want to have to face those catchers again. But he wasn't to sure that this man liked him being around either.

A soft sigh left him before turning back toward where the man had exited. It took him a moment to take his shoes off and leave them near the door. Slowly making his way in the direction that the man had gone off to. His gaze moving around the place in wonder, he couldn't remember the last time he had been in a place like this. Pulling his hood off. His ears twitched wildly to relieve the soreness and aches.

"Sir... I just wanted to say that I appreciated your help back there." He said, still moving around the hallway. He had opened his mouth to say something else, that was until his gaze stopped on the man. Noticing the changes instantly. A small choking noise left him for a moment before he straightened up and tried not to stare at the other.

Racking his brain to think of something to talk about, other than what he noticed. "You... have a nice place here." he said after the silence played out.

Rin's ear flickers hearing the other deciding to come in, causing him to grumble wondering if that means he needs to feed the other. Scowling at the little remaining food he is not sure if there is enough for two should he decide to share. Shrugging he just starts reheating the food when his stomach demands substance. When the door opens and the neko steps through, an ear angle back but other than that and quick glance to watch the new comer in his territory, doesn't move away from the microwave.

At being called 'sir' he snorts and turns his head slightly to look the neko over. "I am no 'sir,' the name's Rin." Facing the microwave to take his food out when the timer goes off, he absently adds "But you're welcome." He hears the choked sound but ignores it in favor of eating the food. At the comment of his home, he glances around while chewing his current mouthful. True, the spacious open floor plan with modern appliances and semi-traditional Japanese style furniture could be considered 'nice', he prefers to think of it as comfortable. Not as comfortable as his bedroom of course, and his office is purely functional and intended to encourage his focus on his work, but still a good area.

Swallowing, he shrugs. "It is home, and it is comfortable." Rin states simply as he finishes his meal. "Now, I brought you with to get you away from the Catchers. What is your plan from here?" Blunt and too the point, he fixes his gaze fully on the other and waits for an answer. Surely the other has some place with others of his kind he can go to, or at least a safe place in another area where they venture less frequently.

James' ears lowered the moment he heard the man's comment about not being a 'sir'. The kitten had only tried to be polite, but it seemed that again. No matter how he tried, he always said the wrong things. However, it was the next comment that had his ears picking up on.

Still he felt out of place here. It was clear to him that Rin didn't want him here. It was the question that spilled from the man's mouth, that only confirmed his thoughts. Black ears lowered against his head, but he didn't bring attention to himself. Well, not on purpose anyways. Turning his gaze around the place once again, trying to hard to make it seem that what he was about to say didn't matter to him.

"I'll be going back to the streets, once its safe enough to do so." James murmured lightly. The emerald color in his eyes seeming to deepen in his own thoughts. This man didn't know him, and James very well didn't know much about the man either. He wasn't looking for pity, he had given up on that after the first year on his own. No one wanted to look after a stray, what would make Rin any different.

Shaking the thoughts from his head before turning back towards the doorway. "well... I will be off. Thanks again, Rin." He said softly before walking back toward the door. Slipping his shoes back on.

James opened the door and slipped out into the hallway soon after he pulled his hood over his ears. Groaning softy as the soreness and aching began to surface once again. This was going to be a long afternoon.

Rin watches the neko's ears idly, wondering if the other knows how expressive he is with them. Seeing them go flat against the other male's skull, he frowns in confusion. Why is the other so upset? He had only asked a simple question had he not? With a huff he mentally shrugs, after all, while the two of them may not be human it doesn't mean they have any better understanding of how the other operates.

When the other finally answers his question, Rin gives a small nod. "That is your choice, but even here be careful. While I picked this area due to the lack of Catchers, that doesn't mean they do not come around." Rin's home is in the more affluent area of town which means wealth and a lessened Catcher presence due to those with money finding them distasteful. Or at least that is the public opinion they have of them even if most of them think that they just catch regular strays or whatever. Rin has never really paid attention to just what the affluent think the Catchers do.

This area also naturally doesn't lend itself to much of a homeless or stray population which means that the Catchers have less prey here anyway. Frowning slightly at the abrupt exit from his unexpected charge, causing a faint line to form between his brows, he nods. "Very well. Try to find a warm place tonight, it will be cold." He comments while watching the other leave.

Just as James goes to leave, the door opens and in comes the whirlwind from earlier. "Oh that man! I swear if I didn't check on him he'd be in a gutter somewhere or a dried up corpse in his room!" Huffing and puffing the smaller man can't be seen beyond the arms holding a stack of bags with various food items in them. Pausing at the step in the entryway he is seen trying to toe off his shoes as clear refusal to set the bags down being the reason for not untying them. Most likely due to the very real worry he wouldn't be able to gather them all back up again and thus would need to make multiple trips. Something he tries to avoid as much as possible.

James found himself wandering down to the lobby, trying to keep to himself on the way. How had he ended up in this mess to begin with? Once he made his way to the lobby, he found himself wanting to get out of the building as soon as possible. He could feel the judgemental eyes on his back. He clearly looked like he didn't belong here. His clothes alone just screamed that he came from the streets. Not as bad as most homeless people, but still the dirt and stains on his clothing gave that fact away.

Maybe that was the reason why the catches were able to identify him so easy. A soft groan left his lips the moment he stepped outside. The wind bit at his skin, it had gotten colder since he had been brought here. He reached up and clinched his hoodie closer to himself. It was going to be a rough night, that was simple enough to see. But it was the start of the years snow fall that made it even worse.

Another groan left his lips the moment the wind picked up again. He would have to hurry and find somewhere safe for the night. His gaze darted around the area. Unsure of where he was to be honest. This had been a part of the city that he hadn't been to before.

But before he was able to think more on the topic. His feet began to move him further away from the building he had just been in. Keep his eyes open as he began to search for a place for tonight.

An hour went by and he still was looking for a santuary for the night. The snow had begun to fall heavier just within the past half hour. He could feel his fingers already burning from the cold wind that bit at him. He no longer could feel his fingers against his nose as he tried to keep from breathing in the cold air. This wasn't good.

If he didn't find a place soon to get out of the wind, he could very well end up very sick. He turned the corner only to find himself walking into a park. His gaze darting to the play ground where he spotted a small hut meant for childen. But it was his saving grace. Yet, it wouldnt be warm. It would at least keep the snow off of him and keep the wind from biting at him as harshly.

James' feet carried him over to the small hut, climbing inside of it quickly to curl himself up in the corner far away as possible from the small door. Pulling his hoodie over his knee's and legs in the process before ducking his head further into the shirt of the hoodie. His gaze lowered to the dirt covered floor of the hut before he let himself relax. Feeling a bit safer here than out on the streets. If only for now.

Rin can hear his editor complaining and smirks. Making his ears and tail go away again, he opens the door to lean against the door frame. Arms crossed his smirk grows. "Yet here you are, once again not calling to let me know you're on your way or that you'll need help. I think you like the abuse to be honest." He drawls out not lifting a finger to help the other who tries to glare through the stack of food at him.

"One of these days Rin I'm just going to let you see just how long you'll survive without me! You'll be dead in under a week!" The slim man declares loudly while shoving by Rin when he doesn't move in the slightest from his spot in the doorway. Laughing the okami shuts the door and heads back to his office to work while the food is either put away or prepped for later consumption.

A little over two hours later the food is done and Rin is pulled out of his writing by a knock on his office door. "You know Rin, I meant to mention this earlier but forgot. I saw the most unusual sight in the lobby on my way in." Rin raises an eyebrow and shifts his chair to look at the other. "You mean besides a man who looks like a twink carrying more than his body weight in food while dressed in the rainbow? Oh wait, that'd just be you wouldn't it Ash?" Rin deadpans and laughs as he catches the towel Ash throws him. "Asshole!" Ash growls before huffing and putting his fists on his hips, but his lips twitch as though fighting off a smile. "No you jackass, there was some kid in the lobby in dirty clothes and going out. I'd assume he's homeless except he came from in here so I was wondering if I should look into a new place for you if this place is going to the slums."

Rin just stares blankly at the other until he squirms. "Oh fine! While true I shouldn't judge a book by its cover he just seemed so uncomfortable and out of place. I was worried and hoping that prostitution wasn't happening here as well as that he won't die from exposure if he is homeless. It was starting to snow when I got here." Ash blabbers on while wringing his hands and looking everywhere but at Rin.

"And this is my problem how, exactly?" Rin finally asks and receives another scowl. "I suppose it isn't but I was wondering if I should try to find him on my way home to see if he wanted a ride to a shelter or even give him blanket. It's getting bad out there Rin, and the poor thing was only a baby." Blinking, Rin tilts his head with a confused look. "You'd go that far for a stranger?"

Ash huffs but flushes slightly. "Well, I used to be in a similar situation until someone helped me out so I guess I feel the need to pay it forward when I can. Anyway!" Shaking a hand at Rin he turns around, "Food is put away and there's enough prepped to last a few days. I'm going to drive around a bit to see if I can find the kid before I go home. I'll call if I do or when I get home if I don't." Stepping away he goes to close the office door when Rin calls out as he stands.

"Wait. He's still a stranger and if you find him he could be dangerous. I'll go with." Although it's really the Catchers who are the danger and not the neko. Ash looks at him in surprise but then gives a grateful smile. Rin pulls on a heavy coat and scarf then the two go out in Ash's car. After an hour they go through most of the nearby alleys and such when Ash sighs. "I guess he found a place, but lets check near the park just in case."

Rin nods his consent and after another ten or fifteen minutes they reach the park. Ash decides to drive around the perimeter while Rin does a quick walk through. "Here kitty, kitty." He calls out dryly wondering if the neko will get mad at him for calling him that.

It was the soft sounds of snowfall that was lulling him to sleep. His bright emerald eyes slowly sliding closed, despite how cold he was. Maybe it was the fact that he was to skinny, that allowed the cold that did something to him. The more he faught to stay awake, the more he wanted to sleep. Dangerious as that desire to sleep was, being out here in the cold. He could very well not wake up again.

Sleep... it sounded like a good idea. For so long he had been running from the catchers. And for once in a long time, he felt somewhat safe in this park. He hadn't heard any of the destinctive footsteps that gave away that danger was at hand. His body shivered in his thin hoodie, as if it was trying to fight and get warmer... despite the cold air seeming to get colder.

By now, the temperature outside were alarmingly in the red zone. It seemed that everyone had headed the warning to find a safe warm place. Except him. He had no warm place to go, so he did what he could and tried to stay out of the wind.

A soft pathetic mewl left his lips the moment his body started to shut itself down. His body slid against the wall so that he laid down on the cold ground, only making things worse on his already cold body. The hood falling from his head in the process. His head the only thing visible in the doorway of the tiny hut. The wind began to pick up a bit more, causing his ears to look as if he were trembling. Even tho he had passed out.

Rin huffs finishing his lap around the park and turns to go when he pauses thinking he heard something. Due to his coloring and the lack of people out due to the cold, Rin lets his ears out and tilts his head to listen. Frowning, he does another slow lap but this time listening intently while taking in deep breaths to see if he can a scent. Just as he is about to leave thinking he had imagined a mewling sound, Rin spots an odd lump sticking out of one of the children play areas.

Going over to take a closer look his eyes widen as he realize it is indeed the cat from earlier. "The idiot didn't listen to me. What kind of dumbass thinks this is a warm place to reside the night in?" He huffs in irritation. Growling deep in his chest Rin brushes off the snow and gathers up the limp form to wrap it in his scarf then his jacket. Wishing he could just fully shift so as to enjoy his fur, Rin calls Ash to pick them up at the nearest park exit.

Breaking into a jog when he spots the car, he quickly dives into it shivering as the heat assaults his body. "Good lord Rin! What the hell were you thinking taking your jacket off?! Is he okay? Shit, the hospital is too far so he'll have to stay with you." Ash gasps as he looks guiltily at Rin. "Crap, that's okay right? My house is too far away to get him warmed up and... Damn it, should I stay too since it's my fau-" Rin cuts the other off. "Enough! Just get us to my place and get yourself home. The snow isn't supposed to get bad until tomorrow morning or late tonight so you'll have plenty of time to carefully drive home."

Ash stares wide-eyed at Rin in the rear view mirror but slowly nods. Soon the heat is blasting as the car slowly makes its way back to Rin's complex. Once there Rin easily gathers up the light bundle that has become his charge and hurries inside. Outside of some staff no one is in the lobby for the moment, though some are at the bar on the other end. Going up to his apartment he enters the home and glares down at his cold and wet bundle.

Huffing he begins to strip the neko inside the doorway, glaring at the wet threadbare clothing that he tosses to the side in disdain. Once Rin has the other free of his wet clothing, he takes the male to his room where he rubs the tiny form dry with a towel then buries him under a mound of blankets. With a satisfied huff at the basically invisible form buried under about 5 blankets with a heating pad tucked inside with him, Rin turns to go make himself some tea then get back to writing.

Silence, that was all the was there for him now. He was almost satisfied with that thought. Maybe, his kind shouldn't even exsist in this cold world.

Hours seemed to pass as if time had no meaning anymore. James could no longer feel his own body. So when he had been brought back to Rin's home, he was none the wiser of what happened to him.

The night seemed to go on and the poor kitten's body didn't even stir. Despite having been dried, and now in a warm cacoon of blankets and a heating pad to try and raise his core temperature back to normal. But it was early in the morning that a small noise left the tiny hidden body. A rather adorable sneeze.

Warmth... His body felt warm. That was the first thing he noticed before his eyes slid open, finding himself in a place he couldn't recall having been in. Struggling under the pile of blankets that had been tucked around him. It took him a few minutes to wrestle his body around the mounds. His ears twitched wildly the moment he managed to sit up on the bed.

Darting his emerald gaze around the room in confusion. Where the hell was he this time?! He paused at what he remembered from the night before. He could of sworn he had been in a play area of a park, but if that was true. How did he end up here?

The one thing he was almost certain of... this place wasn't a place he imagined a catcher would take him to. Another adorable sneeze caused his body to jerk and his ears lowered against his head with a soft groan. Why was he sneezing so much?! He didn't feel sick, just a bit chilly from having climbed out of the warm blankets.

The room James wakes up in definitely has a wealthy feel to it in that the items held within are of very good quality. The bed, while low to the ground, is a large wooden piece with a thick mattress and soft sheets. Antique furniture make up the few pieces in the room besides the privacy screen tucked in a corner. Odd knickknacks are scattered through the room and there is a faint smell of incense in the air which can be followed to small shrine behind the privacy screen.

There are three sets of doors, one presumably a closest and the other two would then be a bathroom and hallway. Rin, fully engrossed in his work, doesn't hear any of the sneezes. Even if he wasn't preoccupied the music playing in the background probably would have masked the sounds of movement and awareness. By an elbow sits a partially eaten meal, but the remainder of his desk is filled with books and notes as he types away on his laptop.

Even though he had a guest that he probably should have checked on more than the few times Ash had called to hound him to, Rin had been up all night working on his next piece and completely forgot about the neko. When he finally gives a jaw cracking yawn, however, he finally saves the work completed so far and stands to get ready for bed. Stretching with another yawn Rin pads down and opens the door to his bedroom.

When greeted with the neko sitting up and looking around, he pauses with a scowl trying to think as to why someone is in his bed. Remembering why a moment later, he huffs and continues on his way to the bathroom. "Go back to bed. You nearly died last night." He states bluntly while disappearing into the bathroom where a moment later water is heard running as he lets the water heat up before getting in. Brushing his teeth as the water heats, Rin also begins to disrobe letting the clothes simply fall to the floor. Once finished he enters the steaming spray with a low happy sigh, ears flat to try and keep water out of them.

After a few moments of enjoying the warmth, he begins to wash himself with only thoughts of sleep occupying his mind.

James' ears twitched the moment the door had opened to the room. But the person his gaze landed on him, surprised him the most. It was the same man from the day before. However, despite his own surprise. The man simply told him to go back to sleep. It had been the way that the man told him, that had his ears lowering. That was right, it had been snowing last night. But it was not his fault for how things had turned out. Not when no one wanted him around in the first place.

His gaze lowered to the bed as his thoughts began to wander. Most importantly, why had the man taken him home. Let alone, how had the man found him last night? He could of sworn he had hidden himself away well enough.

Shaking his head when his ears picked up the noise of water running. But it didn't matter to him. As long as he wasn't the one taking the shower/bath, then he had no worries. Well, other than his normal worries. Climbing back under the blankets and laying back down in the bed. He rolled onto his side, staring off at the room itself without even really looking at anything in particular.

His mind to preoccupied by his thoughts. Rin didn't seem happy that he was even here. That alone had him debating on if he should just leave. He didn't want to be more of a burden than he had already become. Just as he had made up his mind to go, he moved to get out of bed. That was until he realized that he was completely naked under the blankets.

A dark flush raced over his cheeks and his eyes widened at the realization. Only a choking noise left his lips before he looked around from his spot on the bed. Where had his clothes gone? He couldn't very well go outside naked, let alone the fact it was illegal and considered indecent. He would also be easy prey for the catchers to notice him at that point.

Finished with his shower, Rin steps out to dry off and run a quick brush through his hair and tail. Once mostly dry, he pads out of the bathroom in a waft of steam. Not caring in the slightest that he is naked or that the other is in his bed also naked, Rin gets under the covers and burrows under the blankets. Letting out another jaw cracking yawn he is soon fast asleep as the previous day, and a night's worth of work, catch up to him.

After he had taken care of James last night, he had had to clean up the wet clothes and spots on the floor. Once he'd gotten the clothes in the wash he had needed to warm himself up after Rin had finally noticed his own clothes were wetter than he had thought. Due to Ash's prompting he had put some water and a small snack near the neko so that if he had woken up there would be something instead of having the other wander around after nearly freezing to death.

Now that he has gotten work done, Rin is ready to sleep a good portion of the day away. It's not like anyone can go anywhere anyway as the snow storm had kicked in full and it was whiteout conditions at this point. Unless people absolutely needed to go somewhere, no one was risking going outside today. Besides, his work was done primarily at home unless he had to go do some publicity thing or assisting a director with creating a film or show of one of Rin's works.

For now though he has nothing to do but work on his script so outside of staying alive to work on it there aren't any pressing concerns. Unfortunately for James, this also meant that unless he wanted to go outside and immediately risk the same circumstance as last night he is stuck with Rin for company. Maybe just as unfortunate, or perhaps more so, in his sleep the okami has decided to use the neko as a body pillow which places him flush against the smaller male.

James tried to make it seem like he was asleep by the time that Rin had returned to the room. There was no way that he could survive the snow storm, that much was for certain. If the night before had anything to change his mind about that. Trying to ignore that fact, he tried to get some more sleep.

It wasn't to much longer that Rin had climbed into bed that James soon found himself becoming a pillow to the other. A soft strangled noise left his lips, but as soon as he shifted to try and push the other off of him. He felt Rin's naked skin against his own.

Great... Just what he needed. The dark flush raced across his cheeks once more. This time he clinched his fingers to the blankets overtop of himself. Biting at his tongue to try and keep his noises down. How did he manage to get into this kind of mess?

His ears pressed against his head as he tried to shift out from under Rin's arms. This clearly wasn't working, the more he tried to get out of bed without waking the other. The arm on him felt heavier, as if pinning him to his spot. A soft whimper left his lips at the point that he couldnt get away from Rin.

For now, he tried to ignore the other's body pressed against his. His tail twitching in annoyance under the blankets. He made it in his mind that the very moment he could, he wasn't going to be staying here. Not when he was being used as some extra padding to a bed.

Rin is naturally unaware of the other's mindset. When James tries to wriggle away initially he just nuzzles closer and squeezes lightly. His light breaths brush along the other neck and cheek, but eventually the neko gets some relief as Rin shifts in his sleep so that his unwilling companion is more on top of him now instead of having the okami pressed against him.

Needless to say his grip doesn't really loosen at all, but he proves to be a quiet bed partner besides that. All in all the neko is kept a bed prison for several hours when Rin wakens with a low grumble. Stretching out he finally releases the other as he sits up. "Mmm... 'ime is it?" He mutters groggily looking around. When he doesn't see his cell phone, but can hear it going off in another room, Rin glares towards the sound before reluctantly getting out of bed to go answer the call.

The door is left open so part of the conversation reaches James. "What?" Rin barks out. When he realizes he's barely gotten five hours of sleep, the male is understandably disgruntled. Considering it is Ash on the phone, Rin feels no need to hide his irritability in the slightest. "Is that seriously why you called? First I helped you find the boy you were so worried about, then after finding him bundle him up in my coat and scarf to make sure he survived the trip back. After that I get him dried up and tucked away before dealing with your nagging all night on top of trying to work. Yes, damn you, the boy is fine and I'm ahead of schedule. If you call me again today for anything short of dying then I'll gut you myself the next time I see you." Growling he slams the phone down then stalks back to the room.

As much as Rin wants to go back to bed for awhile, he is unfortunately the type that stays up once awake. With a resigned sigh, but a longing look at his bed, he throws on some lounge clothes before leaving the room again. He makes a stop to grab the neko's clothing which is now clean and folded to set them on the bed for the other to get dressed. That done he goes to make coffee and heat up some food.

James blinked as he was being pulled ontop of Rin once the man had decided to stop squishing him into the bed itself. Letting a soft groan leave his lips, he tried to push himself up once again. Noticing that each time he tried to pull away, the harder Rin pulled to keep him there. His ears pinned back in frustration, why all of a sudden did the man want to keep him there? When it had been clear to him that the man originally did not want him there.

He eventually closed his eyes and yawned. It didnt seem like he was going to be moving from this spot while Rin kept a hold on him. Twitching his tail irratably before slowly falling asleep. He did have to admit at least... it did feel good to not be sleeping alone.

It was the moment that had had been let go. Only to sleepily look to Rin when the man woke up. But it was the noise of the phone going off that had the Kitten's ears twitching wildly. Staying quiet, he curled himself back up under the covers. Feeling the warmth of Rin's body disappearing from the bed.

Closing his eyes for only a moment before he heard Rin's loud voice from down the hall. A soft groan left his lips before he heard the conversation going on. It wasn't as if he were evesdropping. But agian, Rin's voice was loud enough to hear all over the place... or thats what James thought.

Ears pinned back against his head once again at the way the conversation went. In that moment, he clearly decided that he needed to leave. Despite the actions Rin had while the other slept. The other's words is what upset him the most.

Julien's gaze darted to Rin as soon as he returned to the room, only to see his clothes being set down for him. It wasn't soon after Rin had left the room that Julien jumped up from the bed and hurried to put his clothes back on. Pulling his hoodie on securely.

He stepped out from the room to look down the hallway, only taking a short stroll and stopping near the kitchen. "Thank you... for last night. But, I dont want to be a burden to you. So I will just leave now." he said, pulling his hood over his head.

Even tho the storm outside was picking up again. He would rather face that, than to feel as horrible as he did right now. He turned and made his way back down the hallway to the door that led out.

Rin scowls and in a few quick steps lifts the neko off of his feet by the back of the hoodie. "So you thank me by going back outside to die? Some way to thank someone who saved your life." He scoffs then shoves the other towards the couch. "Sit. The food is almost done." Turning back to the kitchen he grumbles to himself. "I haven't had enough sleep or coffee to deal with people... Fucking Ash calling to hound me about the manuscript. As if I've ever been late for a deadline."

Outside of the lack of sleep, and caffeine, that is probably the biggest contention with Rin right now. His editor has nothing better to do than to do than wake him up to nag his ear off, even though the flamboyant whirlwind has to have several other authors he works with and Rin is the most exemplary out of them all. "Still should try to write another few chapters today though, or go through what I have so far." He mutters to himself throwing together a few things together for breakfast. There's toast, scrambled eggs and some ham casserole that Ash had made.

Making up two plates and filling to cups of coffee, he balances the plates on one arm and carries the cups in the other hand. "I don't have creamer but there's milk and sugar." Rin states simply as he sets the cups down, one in front of the neko, then sets down a plate with a fork stuck on the side as well. Sitting down beside the other, he begins to eat his own portion. In all honesty, Rin doesn't feel anything in particular for the neko or at least not in the way that James seems to think. As an individual he is just blunt and fairly abrasive, and part of that could be having to keep his nature in check almost constantly. Besides the obvious in hiding his ears and tail that is.

Other than that, there are so few yokai that even if he were to try and interact with those of his own kind the risk of a massive Catcher raid would prompt him to keep away. The few times he goes out and interacts, in a semi-respectable manner, is when he has to for publicity reasons. His fame is another reason why he avoids spending time around others, not that he did that much even beforehand. So in the end, Rin is really showing the care he is able to by taking care of someone who needs him to while havingwhat amounts to a socially stunted personality.

It was when his hood had been grabbed and he was suddenly lifted off the floor that had a startled mewl leaving his lips. His eyes wide, almost afraid that the man had some twisted plan in his head. That was until he heard the other's words. His ears lowered at the comment with a soft whimper. "N-no... I just, I didn't want to cause you any more trouble is all." he tried to explain.

But instead, he was tossed to the couch and was told to stay like some dog. Pinning his ears back at the command. Did Rin not realize the way he spoke to the kitten was the way most would talk to a dog. But the sound of food had his stomach growling in protests. Lowering his head and moving his gaze to the floor in front of him. When was his last meal? He couldn't remember, minus what he could scrounge around in the streets. He purposefully avoided dumpsters due to the recent illnesses he had been hearing about.

His gaze flickered up to see Rin returning with two plates and cups. Tilting his head a little when they were placed down in front of him. He chewed on his lip for a moment before grabbing the cup of coffee, sipping from it before he realized it was still to hot. A soft whimper left him, he had managed to burn his tongue.

Setting the coffee down on the table so he wouldn't spill any of it. But it was his tongue that hurt. He took a few minutes before picking up some toast and started to take a few bites out of it. His tail wrapped itself around his waist in the process, trying to understand this man a little more. Swallowing what he had in his mouth. "What... exactly do you do, Rin?" He said after he took the time to try and remember the man's name from the other day. Not wanting to upset the man again by calling him 'sir'.

Looking at the other in disbelief at the statement, Rin takes a moment to respond. "You don't think that leaving, knowing that the chances of you dying in this weather all but guaranteed, wouldn't be a bother to me?" Just what kind of monster does the other think he is? Huffing he continues on with readying the food.

As they eat, Rin glances at the other when he hears the whimper. Seeing the cause as the coffee being too hot he decides to leave the other be. When asked what he does, Rin once more gives the male a brief look. Chewing his own mouthful , the older male ponders for a moment before shrugging and flicking a finger at a nearby bookshelf. It is not so much that he is arrogant or full of himself to keep his own published works, but Ash insisted and so set up a bookshelf where he has a few copies of each of his completed works and even DVDs those turned into a movie or show. In his office he only keeps research material.

Swallowing, Rin follows up the motion with a shrug. "Write mostly. Nothing special." And to him it really isn't. His writing is a way for him to pass time and something he enjoys as well as does decently if his success is anything to go by. Due to his tendency to be shut-in, Ash has been bugging him to be more social or at least get a pet, but he has no interest in trying to take care of an animal. Taking care of himself is hard enough. Not too mention most animals wouldn't feel comfortable around him.

James lowered his ears at the comment. Again, the topic turned to the weather outside. He knew the storm was bad, but it was the kitten that felt bad enough for having gotten into this situation in the first place. If it hadn't been for that damn catcher, then he wouldn't have bumped into Rin.

Once the burn on his tongue settled down. He tilted his head and looked to where Rin was pointing to. Seeing the various DVD cases on a bookshelf nearby. The man was being vague on what the other did. That was until his ears picked up on the man's words. Blinking and tilting his head to the side as if trying to understand. "You... write movies?" He asked softly.

Shoving more of the toast into his mouth. He still wasn't so sure about Rin, the other seemed distant. Almost as if the other tended to shut himself off to other people. Then again, the line of work that Rin did could possible be to blame for that. Let alone what the other was as well.

His gaze lowered to his plate once again. "How do you hide yourself away from the world?" He asked softly. It had been a burning question in his mind ever since he had seen the other in a more human form. It had to be some sort of trick that he himself was unaware of.

When asked about writing movies, Rin frowns and tilts his head slightly. "I suppose in a way you could say that since my books are what they turn into the movies." He replies slowly while tilting his head in the other direction. "I also assist with scripts at times so I suppose that would count as well." Rin hadn't really given it much thought since writing movies themselves isn't his job nor his intent when writing.

At the next question the thoughtful look disappears and is replaced with Rin's normal flat affect. "I couldn't say that I can explain it more than I can. I've been able to as far back as I can remember and never needed to ask why." Seeing the Catchers and hearing the stories had been more than enough reason to him. "My job helps since I can work at home and be mostly myself." The only times he ever really is human in his own home is when Ash comes by as, despite their close working relationship, the other is still a human.

Finished eating he stands up to take care of his dishes. Leaving the dirty dishes piled in the sink, he pauses before heading back to his office. "If you wish to read, watch TV, or use the shower that's fine. There's more food in the fridge and cabinets." Satisfied he has covered everything, he nods to himself and continues to pad on back to his office to work some more. This time though, he needs to do research for where his novel is taking place.

"Perhaps I should try to visit? Reading does only so much for authenticity...." Rin mutters aloud as he opens the door to enter his office. Glancing around his office, he makes for a stack of books with numerous notes, maps, and other miscellaneous items perched on a chair and flowing onto the floor.

James raised a brow. So this man wrote books. Well that explained quite a bit. But the kittens thoughts were quickly taken away when he heard the other's explination of how the man was able to hide away himself. A bit disappointed that he didn't get the answers he really had wanted. Then again, he couldn't really expect much.

Nibbling some more on the toast in his hand, he let his mind race over random thoughts in his own mind. However, the moment that Rin stood from his seat to remove the dishes he had been using. James ears twitched at the noises he heard in the kitchen. Only to hear the other's words about what he was allowed to do while the other ran off. A bit curious on what the man was doing, but he stayed where he was. Not wishing to interupt the man's work.

He sat there on the couch, letting his gaze move around the room. At first a bit unsure of what to do. Even tho Rin seemed upset by his presence, the other also had pretty much forbidden the kitten from leaving. A soft sigh left his lips. The least he could do is try to stay out of the man's way.

Pushing himself up from the couch and pulling off his hoodie, setting it down on the sofa. Letting his ears relax and his tail sway lightly behind him. Well, one good thing about being here. He didn't have to hide himself away. Wandering into the kitchen, and taking his dishes with him. But the moment he laid his eyes on the sink. He frowned at the pile of dishes that seemed to have been piling up for a while now.

Shaking his head, even if the man had been busy. It was clear that Rin disliked cleaning, or perhaps he was lazy. Placing his dishes down and moving the piles of dishes from the sink. His gaze wandered over to the sink plug and turned the water on, so that it heated up. Plugging one side of the sink so that he could at least do something about the mess. Pouring a little bit of dish liquid into the water that was starting to fill the side of the sink.

As he went about cleaning the dishes, he rinsed them once the other side of the sink began to fill up with soapy dishes. Once he deemed them clean of the soap he had used, he placed them in the drainer to dry.

It took him a little while to get all the dishes cleaned. And once he finished, he pulled the plug from the side he had been using to wash them. Rinsing the soapy suds out once the dirty water cleared. He found himself stretching his back, having gotten a bit sore from leaning over the counter. Satisfied that the sink at least looked cleaner than before.

• Saga locked this topic