Codec Tips and guide !!

Angel0fS!n

Oh my gosh, what should i do? i can't play this video? No subtitle! I can't hear any audio while playing this films. how to play this file? These are questions that comes to our mind while playing a video we get from the internet!

Many users manage by installing codec packs or VLC media player. But they're often not aware that doing so, they accept a couple of drawbacks. Some codec packs tend to trigger off filter conflicts in the DirectShow interface. VLC also doesn't playback everything straight away. So why don't you try Shark007 codec pack.

So first, uninstall all freeware codecs that you use. Then download Shark007 codec pack from this website:

Window 7 (32bit):

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Window Vista & XP (32bit):

64bit components (The installation requires the 32bit codec release to be installed as a prerequisite.):

After installing shark package, go to start menu, and call "Setting Application" (remember: run it as administrator) from Shark007codecs, Then...

I

In "MKV" tab, deactivate "DivX Media Foundation Splitter

mkvx.jpg

II

In "SWAP" tab, set a check in front "Disable Window Media Foundation", "Use FFDshow DXVA for WC1" and "Use FFDshow Codec" under 'Direct Show" on the top left.

swap.jpg

III

In "MPG~MP4" tab, turn on "Haali's Splitter" for "MP4 Playback" and for "overall MPEG Plaback" use the "Gabest Splitter".

mpgmp4.jpg

IV

In "AVI" tab, select "Haali's Splitter".

avieu.jpg

V##-->

In "H264" tab, switch to "do not use FFDshow" on the top left.

Then, to the top right, "under H264 codec in DirectShow Players section, select "Use DivX codec" and tick "enable DXVA" next to it. This setting is really useful for those who has graphics chip supports hardware acceleration ##

h264g.jpg

VI Then on "Misc" tab, click "Save ALL Settings", then exit.

* You are advised to restart/reboot your computer after you done with your codec pack setting.

-->V## If you failed to play H264 video, then modify the setting in "H264" tab, by

selecting FFDshow with "multithreading (default)" on the top left.

h264modify.jpg

* If you want to upgrade your Shark007 codec pack, go to start menu all "Setting Application" (remember: run it as administrator) from Shark007codecs. Then go to "Help" tab and click uninstall. For 64bit, uninstall 64bit components before you unistall the shark007's window 7 codec pack. Then install the new version. To restore your settings, go to "Misc" tab and click "Restore settings"

* If you have 64 bits window, execute the same modifications in the "Setting application x64". Then confirm the settings in both the modules using "Misc" with "Save all settings".

DISCLAIMER: This thread is NOT an advertisement, i only share with you all some of my knowledge, after years struggling to have useful codecs

• Like 12

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Angel0fS!n

• JuJu

• YLove

• texaschili2

Top Posters In This Topic

I really appreciate your tip of codec. I love using K-lite Code Pack for playing everything music vid... But sometimes for some vids, many errors happened and it required a codec and i don't know where to find it T_T.

I really appreciate your tip of codec. I love using K-lite Code Pack for playing everything music vid... But sometimes for some vids, many errors happened and it required a codec and i don't know where to find it T_T.

i suggest, try shark007 codec, it can play various video and audio types including: amr | mpc | ofr | divx | mka | ape | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogv | ogm | rmvb | xvid

• Like 1

Of course I will try it :D. I am using VLC, i removed KLC three months ago even though i love it. And now i also prepare to remove VLC too. Thanks again' :o

• 4 weeks later...

to those who already installed Shark007 codec, please update your codec pack, as now a new version which fix a lot of bug since i post 2.8.3v of shark007 codec for window 7. A new version help you to improve the media player... A new version at the time is 2.8.8 for window 7.

**forget to mention above, shark007 codec is used to play all of your media using Window Media Player. But if you still wanna use Media Player Classic Home Cinema, you must set the setting on Media Player Classic Home Cinema itself! Any question? feel free to ask me.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I first and formost wish to say thanks for the info - and after I go to windows to install 2.8.8 for windows 7 I will still need to do all the same steps as writt above?? I use apple to play music for ipod is this affected?? I also use a vido phone from deaf sites - I am deaf - will this be affected??? will it change how my web cam is used and by what program>>> gotta ask before I try to do as you say - sites are always saying you need this or that I never know what to do.... THank you for you assistance on this.