Spins and Notes (DarkLumos and Shicchan)

DarkLumos

The dancer didn't hide the surprise after the younger male's answer. There was something about the way he performed that didn't let Marcel notice the skill difference. Or at least, not today. He did pay attention to Cairo during the practice and even though he couldn't hear his playing alone, he could tell the other was actually good.

"Woah, but ten years are still quite a lot!", the tall male smiled, speaking in a complementary way. "And you do play well, from a ballerino perspective, at least", he grinned.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DarkLumos

• Shicchan

Cairo felt his cheek gets a bit warm."Oh, thank you."He gave the other a nervous grin. He didn't think he played that well. He was average at best. "And you danced well from a violinist perspective."

Cairo saw how many people were going to have dinner and the nerves were starting to kicking again. His face a was a little flush and his heart was beginning to beat fast. "U-Uh, S-So Marcel, what other things do you like to do? D-Do you h-have any hobbies besides dancing?"Cairo was trying not to get too close to the crowd of people but he didn't want Marcel to think he was acting weird so he tried to act as normal as he could.

Marcel smiled softly at the younger male's compliment to him as well as his reaction to his own compliment. "Aw, thank you very much", he chuckled softly.

The ballerino led them to one of the long table's edges so that they could talk without needing to be inserted in the middle of the mess. The brunet was tired and didn't want to socialize with too many people. Tonight he'd rather get to know Cairo and eventually fool around with Tim a little bit. And seeing the other's nervousness, he thought that would be best.

As they sat down the brunet tilted his head at the question, as if in deep thought. "Other hobbies... Well, I learned how to paint landscapes and that's something I enjoy doing when I have free time and disposition", he chuckled. "But I'm just an amateur", he smiled. "How about yourself? What are your hobbies?".

"M-Me? O-Oh, uh um...I like to write music..."Cairo looked down at his lap. "But it's not very good." He shrugged his shoulders. He's wanted to compose music since he began working in the orchestra but it just never turned out right to him. He's showed his work to the conductor before and even he said it was way too sloppy and it looked like he just wrote a bunch of random notes on a score. "I'm not even an amateur. I'm worse than that so I don't really do it as often as I used to." He sat back in his chair. "Maybe I should find a new hobby." He gave a nervous grin. He didn't mean to to ruin the mood of the happy dinner...maybe he should change the subject." So, uh, those paintings. I'm sure they're really good! And I'd love to see them sometime! And I'd love to watch you paint!" Cairo smiled.

Marcel's eyes widened as the other told him he liked to compose. "That's amazing!", he exclaimed truthfully. The dark head really appreciated those who could make music. He had a great respect for any musician. After all, without them, dancing wouldn't be what it is. "Aw, I'd love to hear your music". He said sincerely, feeling bad as the other said people didn't like it. Or that it wasn't professional enough.

"No way! You should do what you love. No matter what people might think." He said, in a serious way. "No one should make you give up on something as awesome as composing". He smiled.

Marcel blinked at the compliment and chuckled, shaking his head. "Nah, they're not much. But I like to do them", he chuckled then nodded happily. "Yes, of course! But only if you play one of your songs for me", the dark head grinned innocently.

"Hmmm..."Cairo had to think about the offer for a moment. He thought if it was really bad then Marcel wouldn't talk to him anymore. He really liked talking to him and he was enjoying himself. If Marcel thought his music was bad, would he still speak to him? He's never felt so nervous to perform his music before so why was he now? Why did he feel the need to impress Marcel? They only just met.

"Um...Yeah. Okay."He smiled and nodded timidly. He would look over his scores tonight and see if any of them were actually worth performing."W-When...did you want me to play the song?" He hoped not tomorrow because if his music was crap, he would need to do some serious editing ASAP.

Marcel smiled happily at the positive reply to him. The dark head seemed excited about the request being taken by the smaller male. If he had a tail, he would be wagging it fiercely at that moment.

The curly haired chuckled and shrugged. "What about in the weekend? We can meet up at my place, if you'd like. That way you can see the paintings and play your songs". He suggested with a happy smile.

A waitress went up to them and asked what would they like to drink. He ordered a negroni.

"Your place? Okay, this weekend it is then!" Cairo nodded with a smile. That gives him plenty of time to tweak his music a little to at least make it sound nice...hopefully.

"O-Oh, I'll have just water please!" He asked the waitress. When the waitress walked away, he turned to Marcel."So, how long before we all keel over from practicing so much? I'm already feeling it in my fingers and it's only the first day."He chuckled.

Marcel opened up a genuine smile as Cairo accepted his offer so quickly. The dark head was excited about that meeting and was really looking forward to listen to the younger's music.

The brunet looked back at the other and chuckled softly from the words he spoke. "Aw." The taller pouted a bit at the mention of the pain. "Well, I'll bet a week". He said sincerely. "That is, if you don't get enough rest", Marcel added with a smile. Every presentation season was tiring. During the weekends of these weeks, he usually slept for at least one whole day.

"I don't have too much stamina so if I don't get enough sleep, I'll be completely useless..."He sighed. It was going to a long season and it just barely started. "At least we have now to relax before the pain and sleepless night come. " Cairo tired to lighten up the situation. It was going to be tiring but it was going to fun with tons of great and exciting memories that he'll never forget. Maybe he'll even keep in touch with some of the dancers when he leaves.

"Oh, that's fine. Everyone has their limits", the tall male replied with a smile before thanking the waitress and taking a sip of his drink, enjoying the strong taste. Marcel laughed softly at the other's statement and nodded. "Yessir! However, we can always manage to have some fun during the weekeneds~", the brunet smiled happily.

"So! What kind of songs are you into? Other than classic, of course", he asked curiously.

"But what if we're too tired to have fuuuuun...."He whined some. He could just imagine sleeping for days after a rough rehearsal.

Cairo stared at his water as he thought for a moment."Hm...Jazz is really nice and I like listening to choral music too!" He smiled and sipped his water." Yeah, they're quite relaxing but most people in the orchestra don't like it so on road trips when everyone's fighting for put on music, we always listen to gross music that sings about butts and sex." He made a face and pouted. That exact thing happened on the bus ride to the theater. Cairo ended up listening to his music on his MP3 or napping.

• 2 weeks later...

Marcel chuckled and shook his head. "There's always time to have fun~", he grins.

The brunet smiled happily at Cairo's answer to the kind of song and even chuckled at the butt and sex part. "Jazz is great! I am a big fan of it, to be honest with you", he said, sincerely. "About choral music, I don't know much about it but I'd like to".

"Well, around the ballet group it's not much different. They really enjoy that kind of songs. But worse," he lowered his tone of voice. "they know how to dance to them. And make sure to teach everyone in the group. It's kind of a ritual", Marcel sighs.

"Oooh..."Cairo gave the other a pat on the shoulder." You're a brave soul." He gave him a serious nod but then it turned into giggled."Guess not only will both groups be blasting that music, they'll teach each other to dance it. We're in for a rough ride, my friend." He said that then let out a small yawn and rubbing his eyes. It didn't seem that late but Cairo was feeling exhausted after the first session of practice. But he didn't want to cut the conversation with Marcel short, they were just getting to know each other and he was having fun.

Marcel was great company and shoot, the guy was a cute, good looking too. Not that Cairo would ever admit that out loud, that's weird. He only meant it in a friendly way, he wasn't into dating other men, at least he thought so. He only wanted to be great friend with Marcel

Marcel got #friendzoned hahahah

Marcel looked at him as his shoulder was patted and laughed happily at what the other told him. "Yes, indeed my companion", the brunet agreed with no hesitation. "A long ride awaits us", he said and his friend turned to them and raised an eyebrow then smirked broadly at the other ballet dancer. "Don't you dare", the curly-haired quickly censored, not wanting Cairo to get embarrassed.

As the brunet yawned, he looked at him and smiled. "You must be really tired from your trip as well as the practice", he commented. "Don't push yourself too hard, violinist", he smiled.

(Haha! Poor thing. Hopefully Cairo realizes soon that he loves Marcelsoon :3 )

"What? Nooo...I'm not tired." Cairo pouted like a child would when there said it was bedtime. "I feel fine...I can stay up a while longer..."He said as he yawned once more. He sure didn't sound convincing. His eyes were slightly pink from the long day but again, he was having fun and who knows when he would have time for an outing like this.

"I feel alright so why don't we take a walk or something?" He suggested while rubbing his eyes then standing, because sitting in his seat for too much longer would result in him passing out in his chair. A walk might help him wake up even though he could barely keep his eyes open.

Marcel watched the younger male have a battle against his own sleepiness and smiled, finding it rather adorable to see it. The taller male chuckled and nodded. "Alright then, it's your call", the curly haired spoke about the decision to stay up longer. He might not be showing but the exhaustion of the day had gotten to him as well. He was just better at hiding.

"A walk sounds great", the ballerino agreed happily then got up from the table, excusing himself to the others. "There's a small park just around the corner. We can go there if you'd like", he offered to the violinist.

- - - Updated - - -

(Own haha. Each thing at their time, though ;3)

"Mhm..."Cairo nodded and began to make his way out of the dinner party and to fresh cool air that did wake him up a little. At least he had a sweater on so he wouldn't freeze."Let's gooo..."He said, trying to sound a little enthusiastic but he was royally failing. "To the park..." He began to walk then he shoved his hands in his sweater pockets, feeling them get a bit numb. He is such a pansy when it comes to it being cold. Even a little chill breeze could make him throw on a big puffy jacket.

• 2 weeks later...

Marcel put on his jacket before leaving. He chuckled at the other's fight against his own sleepiness. The dark head nodded and followed Cairo outside. The night was very pretty yet slightly chilly. The night breeze was cool.

"Yessir~", he replied and started to walk down the street beside the younger male. In less than two minutes they have arrived. The entrance had a path with two rows of some kind of tree, one on each side of it. "In Spring, this entrance looks like it has come from a fairy tale or something", he told the smaller boy and smiled. "Do you like flowers?". He asked.

"A fairy tale? Really?"Cairo smiled at the two trees. "Yes, I love flowers. I love all the pretty colors!~" He giggled."When Spring come, can we come see the trees? Please? Pleeease?" He turned to the other male and pleaded with puppy eyes. If it's anything like in the stories he's read then this would be an exciting moment for him."Marcel, will you take me to see the flowers, Buddy?"

Marcel grinned and nodded at what he said. "Of course!" He exclaimed and did a pirouette, gracefully. Maybe the alcohol did make him a little bit happier than usual.

The tall male chuckled and smiled happily, taking his hand. "Come, come, I wanna show you another thing" he said, gently leading the smaller male inside the park.

It was a slightly hidden place, right after a lake. There was a gazebo surrounded by bushes. "These are rose bushes. Mostly ate white but there is one that gives bright red roses" he told.

• 2 weeks later...

"Wow..."Cairo was happy that Marcel took him to see all of this. If he were on his own, he'd probably be in his room asleep or practicing. "Can I pick a red rose?"He asked as he leaned down, reaching for a rose that he thought was the best looking one on the bush."Ow!" But it attacked his finger! Those darn thorn always getting in the way! "Owww..."He stood up and looked at his now bleeding finger."Damnit..."He tried to wipe the blood with his shirt, now his shirt was dirty! This was not a good night..

• 2 weeks later...

Marcel found the younger male's excitement about the roses rather cute. It was pretty amusing to see how plants could make someone so hyped. Even though he was someone that would fit this weird patterns, he found it interesting whenever he found someone else.

"Be careful with the-- Are you alright?", he was about to tell him to be careful with the thorns but apparently, it was too late. The curly haired started to look into the pockets of his jacket and actually found some clean napkins and grabbed it. "Give me your hand", he asked Cairo.

• 2 weeks later...

"The rose didn't like me..." He pouted childishly and stuck his finger in his mouth to suck the blood, which then he made a face because his blood didn't taste very good. "Yuck..."He took his finger out of his mouth and showed it to Marcel. It was just a small prick but it continued to bleed slowly. "I guess the rose was just took good for me..."He kept on pouting. The rose was so pretty, he really did want it.

• 4 weeks later...

Marcel chuckled at the childishness and got from his pocket a napkin. He held Cairo's hand with his then used the free one to press the soft paper against the bleeding, letting it absorb it. "The rose probably doesn't know what you were doing", the dark head stated then smiled. "Hold this against the wound", he asked before pulling away.

He plucked the rose without much effort. The ballerino had some knowledge about flowers and roses more specifically. "Hold it here and you won't get hurt by its thorns", the dark head showed the musician how to hold it properly.

• Saga locked this topic