Sweat and Seeds (Pigeon/StarGazer)

StarGazer

Sweat and Seeds

Life has been hard on Character A. No matter what he does it always seems like the world is just pushing him down. He struggled with self abuse and depression. Now finally after and especially bad breakup he quit his job and moved out to a tiny town in the countryside where he bought a small farm so he could live off the land. He hoped to distance himself from people so that he could finally find his peace. But his gentle care of the farm awakens Character B, the spirit of the land. A being usually invisible to the human eye but somehow Character A can see him. Character B is overjoyed to be able to communicate with a human, and can’t understand why Character A keeps trying to ignore him. Eventually Character B’s cheerful attitude and caring nature allows Character A to begin letting his walls down.

The sun had just crept over the horizon as Luca stood on the front porch of his new home. He wanted, no needed, this new start. After the horrible break-up he had with his first love, Darious, he could no longer live in the same town without feeling a terrible weight on his chest.

As the cool spring air filled his lungs, Luca set out to start his new life. "First thing's first," he spoke out loud as he picked up a rake to clean up the leaves from last fall thinking it a shame no one took care of this place. There was much to do to get the land back to its former glory.

It took the whole morning, but Luca finally got the leaves bagged up. He sat on the steps of the porch and sipped a glass of lemonade as he pondered what to do next. 'Maybe I'll build a garden right out front. I could have all kinds of berry bushes and fruit trees,' he thought to himself, becoming excited with all the many possibilities this place had to offer.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StarGazer

• Kotorichan

Mimoi

Height: 6’2

Hair: Lavender

Eyes: Green

Misc appearance: Skin has a pale blue tint, has large lavender fairy wings

Personality: Curious, outgoing, playful, overly emotional

Bio: Mimoi was created by the love and care that the people of Tito village put into their land. He was born centuries ago as a minor deity and for a long time he could be seen by the people of the village. But eventually people stopped believing in him and could no longer see him. Because of this he stopped trying to interact with humans and lay dormant, simply keeping the land alive.

When he feels someone putting special care into the land it can awaken him, but usually the person is still unable to see him so Mimoi goes back to sleep. Whenever he does find someone who can see him it gets him very excited and he doesn’t want to leave that person alone.

Something stirred deep inside the earth. A feeling of love seemed to seep deep into the soil, bringing out the life that had been hidden inside. The birds seemed to sing a little louder and the plants seemed to grow a little greener.

It was a feeling of life, of hope, and of mutual care that had been taken in the earth that day. That hope awakened a voice in the wind, one which spoke to the new owner of the land. "Go to the pond... He waits for you by the water..."

There was no guarantee that the human could hear it, and with a bit more care Mimoi could wake up on his own. But the land wanted it's true master back. It wanted someone to find Mimoi where he slept in a bed of leaves under the great willow tree. If someone could hear the wind and find Mimoi, then perhaps he would awaken more permanently instead of losing hope when he found that he was invisible to world.

As Luca looked out across the land, he felt as if something was calling to him. He heard the birds chirping and watched as the wind rolled across the grass making ripples like water. Everything just looked so lush and green. In that moment, he felt at peace for the first time in a long time.

It was then that he noticed the pond. The water looked cool and inviting. He set his lemonade down and set off towards it, thinking it might be fun to dip his feet in the water. As he approached the pond, Luca caught a glance of a mysterious figure under the wispy branches of the willow tree. With eyes narrowed, he walked closer, making a part in the branches as he stepped under the willow.

Luca was surprised to see it was a man laying among the leaves, sleeping so soundly. In that moment, he had so many questions running through his head. Who was this man and why did he look so different from most people, or better yet, why was this stranger sleeping here on his property? There was only one way to find out. He would have to wake him.

Luca looked around and found a long stick. Yes, that would work nicely. Turning towards the stranger once more, he used the stick to poke at his foot. "Wake up you.... you," he spoke with some hesitancy since he wasn't sure what to call this unknown man. Just then fear suddenly overtook him. What if he was dangerous? Should he really be waking him? He could only hope the man was harmless.

A soft whimper escape left Mimoi's lips as he felt a stick poking into his foot. He curled up slightly, but then there was a voice. A voice that was directly aimed towards him. His eye lashes slowly fluttered open and he sat up, yawning softly. His shimmery wings fluttered open, stretching in the air.

"Hmm..?" He blinked and looked around, tilting his head to the side as his gaze landed on the stranger. "Eh? Who're you?" He didn't wait for a response, rising to his feet and brushing himself off. There was no way that this person had woken him up, that would mean that this person could actually see him. "Probably the new owner of this place... The last guy probably left, huh?" He stretched his arms. "Wonder what woke me up this time..."

Luca blinked once, twice, a third time. He couldn't believe what his eyes were seeing. This man had wings. At this point he heard the man speaking, or thought he did. He wasn't really paying attention. It was hard for him to believe that all of this was real.

Maybe this was a joke the villagers were playing on him. If so, it wasn't very funny. Luca lifted the stick once more and poked the man, this time in his stomach. "Get off my land," he spoke authoritatively, secretly hoping he sounded convincing and that this man wouldn't put up a fight. "I don't know what kind of game it is you're playing, but I don't like it and I don't have to put up with this."

Mimoi let out a soft yelp of surprise as the stick met with his stomach. Finally he looked directly at the other man as if seeing him for the first time. "Huh..?"He glanced behind himself for a moment then back to the stranger. "Are you...? Can you see me?"

His eyes widened at the idea and his wings began to flutter, lifting his feet off the ground and bringing him closer to the man's face. "No way... After so many years." He fluttered back, resting his hands on his chest. "I'm Mimoi, the gaurdian of this land. What's your name?"

((Sorry that it took so long, and that the bg is so messy, but I finally finished drawing Mimoi:

tumblr_osg9imlqgS1wsobrno1_1280.png

He looks super uke-ish but that's just because I don't/can't draw masculine characters. So maybe just try to imagine him as slightly less feminine >>; ))

Luca stared in shock at what he had just witnessed. He wanted to believe it wasn't real that someone could fly, but he couldn't ignore the fact that someone had just done it right before his very eyes. He closed his eyes for a second, expecting when he opened them the man would be gone, but he wasn't. It took him a moment to process what he was hearing. Guardian of the land, what was that? It was just all to strange and new for him.

"S-stay back," he stammered. "I d-don't want any trouble so just s-stay back." He lifted the stick in his hands, holding it like a bat now. "I... I own this land and I want you gone. Didn't you hear me? I don't have to answer your questions." he spoke nervously, not sounding convincing in the least. His legs were shaking slightly as he took a step back.

"I don't want any trouble, and I'm sure you do own this land." Mimoi leaned back, reclining in the air like it was a comfortable couch. "I wouldn't suggest trying to prove it in court or anything. The people of this town can't see me anymore..." He tried to keep the sadness out of his voice, but failed. He quickly moved on, putting a bright smile on his face.

"Anyway, I just wanna get to know you. It's been really long time since I've been able to talk to anyone... Besides." He sat up, fluttering a little closer. "The happier I am, the happier this land will be, and the better your crops will grow. You want that don't you?"

Luca started to calm down from the initial shock. He noted the sadness in Mimoi's voice when he talked about how no one could see him. 'Lucky,' he thought, wishing he could be invisible so no one would bother him anymore. He began to get lost in thought imagining how great it would be if no one could see him when he noticed Mimoi getting closer to him. He took several steps back, placing the stick between them.

"Go be happy over there. I don't want you any closer to me than this. You understand?" he hoped Mimoi would comply. "I suppose having better crops would be good. I could avoid the town more if I had plenty of food to eat here and seeing one person is better than having to see who knows how many are in town. You can stay, but just don't get too close."

Mimoi couldn't hide the frown that the man's words brought on. "What do you mean? I can't just be happy siting all alone. If you're not going to talk to me then I might as well go back to sleep." His hands clenched into fists. "I don't want to be alone. Is that really so hard to understand?"

He scowled at the man. "If I go to sleep then all your crops will be average at best. But if you just act like a decent person and talk to me sometimes then I can guarantee that you'll have the most delicious crops in the country."

Luca began to get frustrated listening to Mimoi. "Look, I don't know how you got, 'don't talk to me,' from, 'stay back'." All I want is that you stay several yards away from me. I don't want you getting close enough to touch me, on purpose or as an accident. Now if that's acceptable, you can stay... Though I really don't know how you can get any enjoyment from talking to me. Just don't bother me too much."

With that Luca went back to doing what he had first intended to do when he walked over. He took off his socks and shoes before rolling up his pants legs. Stepping into the cool water felt wonderful on his aching feet. He had been up all morning cleaning up the place so it felt good to relax and take in the beauty of this place. "So what's your decision?" he asked, glancing back at Mimoi.

"I thought you were saying that I should leave you alone and just be happy away from you..." Mimoi lightly brushed his hair back out of his face. "I... I haven't actually been able to talk to anyone in about a century." He laughed shyly. "So I"m probably gonna be super awkward."

He fluttered a little closer to Luca, keeping a distance of about six feet away. "Is this okay? I don't wanna have to yell at you from too far away, but I can't even touch you from here, see?" He held out his arms towards the human, proving his point. His arms dropped after just a moment. "If you're ever okay with me touching you then tell me okay? I really wanna hug someone after so long."

Luca groaned inwardly when he heard how long Mimoi had been alone thinking he would be high maintenance. He hoped he didn't like to talk too much because he didn't really feel like talking. He had come to the country to get away from everyone, not to find a new companion. He watched as Mimoi came closer and gave a slight nod in agreement to the distance he had left between the two of them.

"I really wanna hug someone." His words echoed in his mind. He stiffened and his eyes became wide with shock. He didn't know how to respond to something like that. It had been so recent that his heart was torn in two. He couldn't possibly imagine getting that close to someone he just met.

His breathing quickened as he started to panic. He didn't want to hug, but he didn't want to anger this land's guardian. What if he did something to offend him and make him curse the land? Could he even do that? Luca didn't know but he didn't want to find out either. He had just found this wonderful little utopia and he didn't want to loose it. "O-only just one hug." he said with some reluctance, cringing slightly at the thought. 'Why me?' he thought. He just wanted to be left alone in peace.

"Really? Thank you so much~" Mimoi smiled brightly and practically threw himself on the man, holding him in a tight hug. "Ah~ You're so nice and warm~" He murmured, nuzzling close. His eyes closed for a moment as he savored the feeling. After just a few moments he pulled away, smiling brightly. "Thank you, I won't touch you anymore now." He fluttered back a few feet so he was out of reach.

"Um... So what made you come to live here?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

Luca braced himself when he saw how quickly Mimoi was approaching him. Luckily he noticed otherwise they would have fallen into the pond. The hug only lasted a few moments, but to Luca it seemed an eternity. His heart ached with conflicting feelings. Part of him wanted nothing to do with the hug, but the other part wished he could just bury his face in the man's chest and cry until all the pain he felt would disappear.

When the hug was over, it was all he could do to compose himself enough to respond to the question. He turned his head away and cast his eyes down at the ground, afraid his expression would show how broken he truly was. "I just... I wanted to get away from... my old life," he responded vaguely, hoping it would be enough to satisfy this man's curiosity. He didn't want to speak of how he ran away because of a breakup. It was just too pitiful and the last thing he wanted was a strangers pity.