Prince GumballxNightofterror (The witch's puppet)

nightofterror23

Name:Elchei

Race:Elf/human

personality: determined, shady, and snark

stature:5'3 ft

appearance:short black hair, sharp eyes the color of steel with small pointy ears, and boyish features though he looks worn. Often wears a blue hooded tunic that's just short of his knees- and a leather belt is wrapped around his waist, where his equipment is attached. A brown quiver is strapped to his back with arrows that were shaped by him but cursed by the witch.

Background story: Elchei is an elf that is apart of a village, but is rather distant- and is treated differently at times though he doesn't look all that different from the rest of his kind. He's been working under a sorceress with magic powers that rub off on him and gradually influencing his behavior and attitude. Though his personality wasn't all that great in the first place..the magic is making him darker than what he was... Ever since Elchei lost part of his family due to invaders from another kingdom recently. He's been receiving help from a witch, and was able to get his revenge on those that took away what was precious to him using her dark magic. Since then he's been forced to be the witch's puppet, repaying her back by doing whatever she ask of him.

-----

Elchei arrived at a remote area in the forest, his horse haulting once they reached the top of a hill in front of an old cabin. The cabin wasn't visible to anyone else except the witch and her slave. Moonlight shown through the trees, keeping the forest from being in complete darkness- but his vision was keen, especially from the magic so it's not like it mattered. Elchei slid off his horse, clutching a sack in his hand that he placed in his shoulder bag before tying his horse to one of the nearby trees'. As he approached the cabin door, not bothering to knock since he knew the witch already sensed his presence. Elchei sighed inwardly, pushing the door open and he hung his back up on the wall before trying to ignore the small rumble from his stomach. He was hungry, but didn't dare look around the kitchen for any food so it was a good thing he picked up bread and meat from a store in town. He hid it in his bag but there was probably no point since..that witch seemed to know everything.

"Hey Halfer, what took you so long?"

After all this time you'd think Elchei would get use to the way she treats him. Refraining from rolling his eyes and gritting his teeth though she could not see him, he entered the next room and was welcomed to the sight of a million candles in different spots of the living room, causing the cabin to be dim. There flames danced along the walls, making a soft glow. And there the witch was sitting in the middle of the floor with huge black book in her lap and a dead creature that gave off a putrid smell with it's blood all over the floor. It looked like an elf... The floor had runes drawn out on it, the symbols depending on whatever spell she was doing.

Elchei still couldn't get use to the sight of all this. the elves sort of treated him like an alien, and he sort of didn't like them all that much himself, but he didn't take much pleasure in watching them die. As Elchei refuse to look at the corpse, he gave a blank expression."I'm sorry ma'am, Gurtrid was busy restocking his shop," Elchei avoided eye contact though his voice sounded confident. She snatched the sack from his hands, peering inside and her eyes lit up for a moment. Elchei suddenly felt curious and squinted as she pulled out what looked like a simple bracelet that was black as ink but it had small rubies on it. "Put this on..." She commanded, her teal colored eyes growing dark and cold. Elchei felt confused, his brows knitting in suspicion as he forced himself to hold out his wrist, wondering if he'll get hurt.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nightofterror23

• Prince_Gumball

gahenn_by_las_t-d6yi9s7.jpg

Name: Esmel Ju

Race: Elf

Personality:Gentle, kind yet strict, always smiling, quiet until necessary.

Stature: 5'4ft

Appearance: Short Reddish Brown hair, emerald green round eyes, pointy ears, and a youthful glow that comes from being of the elven race. He usually wears royal garments (link:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
), but if he's on break or if he's resting he usually wears a plain long sleeved green shirt with a brown vest and pants to match. He also has a piercing which he got when a dear old friend of his gave him an emerald stone that was too small for a necklace. He likes to wear it like a hanging earring.

Background: Growing up as the son of one of the higher ranking knights, Esmel was always exposed to loyalty and the duty of a knight. He always knew that he wanted to work for the royals and show his worth to the rest of his village. He used to go all day when he was barely 10, helping villagers as if though he was one of the nights, but one day he met an outcast. He met someone he decided he had to protect from now on.

He grew up and the leaders elder daughter saw how he acted and she began to grow attached to him. They, along with the one Esmel protected, grew up and grew close but one day the one Esmel protected disappeared and Esmel and Lidia, the leaders daughter, grew even closer in order to protect each other. In the end, Lidia became the leader and Esmel became her personal guard and commander. Together, for now, they have helped each other rule correctly over the land for now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Have you given the new recruits orders?" Lidia walked in front of him, every step causing the clicking of her heels to sound louder against the walls of the corridor. She held her head high, her staff always in hand and Esmel right behind her. He walked right behind her, his uniform well adjusted and a beautifully crafted sword at his hip, hidden by his cape. "Yes, I have. Sir Gavin is looking over them to make sure they don't hurt themselves." Esmel informed as he looked forward and saw how the guards up front, besides the doors, saluted before making way and opening the door for their leader and her guard. Esmel saluted back before stepping back behind Lidia. "How about the new archers? Are they listening to orders and not moving from their positions?" She asked.

"Of course, my leader. They are doing as told and holding their position." Esmel said as Lidia smacked her perfectly red lips, her stone cold blue eyes looking behind her shoulder briefly before moving back forward. "They better be. We've been getting reports of different types of creatures getting a bit too close for comfort." Lidia said as they finally reached the throne room, the guards saluting just like the last before opening the doors to allow the queen and her guard to pass. The minute the doors closed, Lidia turned around and wrapped her arms around Esmel.

"We are alone, so tell me we'll be alright and hug me, for stars sake." Lidia said with a sigh.

Esmel did what he was told, holding his dear friend to his chest as they both just rejoiced in their presence. He knew that the real reason he was placed as her personal guard was because of his ability to strategize quickly and resolve problems on the spot, not because of his physical poweress. He wasn't angry because of that, it helped him being able to stay by his friends side. "It'll be fine. We have enough guards stationed everywhere that nothing can get to the castle. I just have to do my rounds and I'll be back here to protect you." He assured.

Elchei awoke at the sound of chirping outside, his eyes fluttering at the morning sunlight spilling in from an arch window. Instantly the elf felt sluggish, dehydrated as he found it hard to swallow and he was finding it hard to see and think straight. In addition to his problems, his face ached but mostly it was his nose where he could smell dried blood. He must've hit it when he fell on the floor. He'd do anything to fall back to sleep just to avoid interacting with the witch- she wanted him to suffer despite him not doing her any harm. She had left in the same exact position he was in after he fainted a little while after trying the bracelet on. She didn't care if he hurt himself, only that the bracelet worked like she expected it to which it did. It was still digging into his skin, leaving bruises by now- and he needed to remove it. His body wouldn't budge though and he began to feel fear grow inside of him but mentally scolded himself for it- and tried to relax. Whatever happen after placing that bracelet on was a mystery to him.

After a few minutes of waiting his vision and mind cleared up, but his body was stuck in an uncomfortable position for at least an hour. As time went on he was eventually able to slowly move his limbs. he gritted his teeth and felt a dull ache throughout his body and hissed at the bracelet that was still tightened around his wrist. The elf attempted to remove it with his shaky fingers, feeling rather weak. It must've drained him of his energy because he never usually felt this bad. "Brat..." Elchei glanced up at the witch as she appeared out of thin air, wearing a mocking smile and showing amusement in her eyes "I was satisfied with that bracelet on your wrist.." She had this dark glint in her eyes, one that Elchei was too familiar with. Elchei contemplated whether or not he should ask her to remove the bracelet.. "You are going to place that on Lidia's personal gaurd's wrist-" She said while gesturing to it,

Elchei did not know how long he could ignore this terrible pain, but he forced himself to give the witch his attention. "Why would I do that?" He asked with an exasperated tone, unconcerned for whoever it might be.

"Don't question me," She growled, "It's Esmel, he's very close to her- though you already know that..." The witch's lips slowly curled, her voice sounding upbeat. She felt a bit surprised at how unreadable his expression was- and she didn't feel any aura emitting from him. It was as if he didn't care... A long time ago though when she spoke of Lidia and Esmel in a negative way, he looked ready to tear her head off. "Yes, I remember," Elchei responded, more focused on the bracelet. The only thing he could bring himself to worry about was his well being and keeping himself from getting killed by this witch. "Good.. because you are going to find the opportunity to get him alone so you can bring him with you,"

Elchei narrowed his eyes, "...How am I suppose to do that?"

"Figure it out... put on an act, wear bland clothing and don't draw too much attention to yourself. I'll use a spell on you so people won't take much notice of you. you'll literally have to bump into them or speak in order for them to notice your presence," Elchei sighed, doubting this plan and wishing the witch would just do this herself or get over this grudge but knew it wasn't going to ever happen.. He was always put in harms way. "So when do I have to do this?" He attempted to keep the irritation out of his voice, biting his bottom lip to not insult her. The witch gave him a tired look, "Eventually you will go to the village and observe everything, he might come through there.." Elchei frowned, staring at his wrist until the sorceress bent down and somehow unlocked it due to the clicking sound he heard. The elf sighed as he sat there for a moment, rubbing his wrist which didn't help. His movements were slow and he felt dizzy as he rose from his spot to go drink a lot of water until he felt less weak- and ate whatever was in his bag before checking on his horse.

“But what if something happens to you?” Lidia said, separating herself from Eseml, looking up at him worriedly. “Guards have been going missing outside of the border and you’re rounds are near that border forest.” Her eyes were slightly glassy, probably from the tears that were threatening to spill. Holding her face in his hands, Esmel smiled at her. “It’ll be fine. I’m smart and I’ll have Juniper with me to protect me and warn me if he feels something off during our rounds.” He explained, his mind wandering off towards his palomino horse, how Juniper had saved his life more than once thanks to his sensitivity. “You’re right, you’re right. Who’d try to attack a 6’4 giant anyways.” Lidia teased as she closed the distance and hugged him once again. “I’m just… I guess it’s that time of the year again and it’s affecting me.” The queen admitted, her hold tightening slightly as he spoke. “Today was the day he went missing…” She explained but even she knew she didn’t have to say anything. Esmel hated today. He hated it so much because it was the day that he had failed his closest friend.

Esmel would forever hate himself for failing him. “I know…” He murmured as he held her. “I don’t want to lose another friend. Never again.” She said before she ever so slowly let go, pressing her lips into a thin line as she seemed stuck in thought. “Go to your rounds. We’ll see each other for dinner once my meetings over.” Lidia excused him and with a bow, Esmel left. He stopped at the stables, making sure that his horse was doing well before he began to get him ready. First he made sure he put on the bridle and reins correctly, then he went ahead and climbed on, thanking the stable boy for looking out for Juniper each and everyday. “Come on, Jun. We have a couple of rounds we need to do in the city then in the end we have to head to the forest to check the border.” Emel explained to his horse, who replied with a snort and began to trot away towards the city.

It was a calm ride, the path empty besides a few trees and flowers that were lying around anywhere without any specific order. He liked taking this way to the city, it was always so calm and so peaceful. He could stay here forever, but he had to complete his duties.

Esmel arrived to the city quickly and he and Juniper took it slow, making sure to stop by every town fold he knew that usually needed assistance. He helped out as well, helping the old merchant pack up his donkey-pulled cart and helping the woman from the grocery store to open up properly. It wasn’t like he was in a hurry for time during his rounds so he always made sure to help anyone he saw that looked like they needed help. The children all knew him thanks to that. Whenever he’d come into the city with Juniper, the children would crowd around him, trying to pet Juniper and begging Esmel to play with them. It was cute but Esmel always had to refuse whenever he had rounds. Even if he wasn’t in a hurry, he knew that he’d get sidetracked by playing with the children.

With one final goodbye to the children and the townsfolk that knew him, he headed to the outer border, or the forest border as most knew it.

The forest was his friend and enemy at the same time. He had lost a friend here, and of course it wasn’t the forests fault but he still felt resentment because if only he could have heard his friend screaming, yelling for help in time, if only the vines and branches hadn’t gotten in his way, he could have made it in time and saved him. He must of gotten side tracked by his inner thoughts because he suddenly heard Juniper neighing, letting him know that they were here. Patting his neck softly, Esmel smiled. “Sorry, Jun. I’m just a bit distracted today.” It seemed Juniper understood because he shook his head and snorted before he continued walking through the border. It seemed peaceful, nothing really stood out to Esmel, except for a few dead flowers that were a bit unusual but there weren’t enough for it to indicate anything so he ignored them. After a few minutes of walking around, Esmel decided he had checked enough of the border and it was time to head home. “Let’s go get some dinner.” He clicked his tongue and nudged Juniper but the horse didn’t budge. “Juniper, come on.” He insisted but the horse didn’t move an inch. Suddenly, Jun whined loudly, his sound echoing throughout the forest. “What’s wrong?” Esmel asked but Juniper just kept whining, snorting, and hitting the ground with his hoof hard. Finally the elf climbed off and tried to calm his horse down. “Jun, hey! It’s alright. It’s alright buddy.” He cooed but Juniper wouldn’t listen.

Elchei saddled his horse, reins in hand as he adjusted his grey cloak with the free one. It was actual a bit cool outside from the trees blocking out the view of the sun, "Hurry up half breed!" The witch snapped with liquid black eyes, her mood changing like a snap of a finger. "Mood swings.." He muttered under his breath, tightening his lips "He's actually at the boarder of the forest, which makes things more convenient for you. Bring him back to the castle high up in the mountains-- or you'll end up like the rest of your folk!" The elf grit his teeth, his hands slightly shaking before his horse began to gallop away from the cabin. Despite wanting to kill the witch in his sleep, he obeyed- it's not like he could go back to the village. He began to go over in his head what he was suppose to do now once they met. It would take 2 or 3 days just for him to reach the moutains with the other, and he had a horse he'd have to bring it along. The witch had made them move again just to be safe.

His job was to try and distract Esmel once they came in contact with each other. Lesser demons would scratch Elchei and attack him inorder to try and trick the elf into thinking he was in danger when he came running the gaurd's way. The elf sighed, sensing that Esmel's presence wasn't far once he began to get closer. He also blinked when realizing that he hadn't moved from the area he sensed his presence coming from which was odd- and he started to wonder if the other might've injured himself or he was having trouble with his horse. He really hoped that was the case because could it have been possible that it was a trap?

The elf sighed, glancing down at his own horse. The plan made him feel so foolish "..Be a good boy and let the demons do there job." The elf whispered with an apologetic look, petting his horse with a frown as they came closer to the area. He'd get rid of the creatures later. He hopped off the horse as they came to a hault, disheveling his hair, clothes and shifting his stoic expression to a fearful and helpless look. He hoped this would work since Esmel shouldn't of been aware that the elf learned how to defend himself, and that he was stronger. the knight was always the one coming to help him in the past-and he remembered having the knight's trust before he dissapeared. The black magic also altered his appearance as well, but the witch found a way to hide that. It would only last temporarily when he interacted with his old friend- and she tried to not have him reek of magic. Hopefully he still he thought of as the same person. He pulled a small blade from his pocket to check that it was there before burying it back inside. The mix breed signaled for the demons to get to work, allowing them to run swiftly at him to leave scratches on his face that stung, and on the body of his horse with their claws, causing the animal to let out a pained and frightened sound. Another lesser demon actually hopped into one of the trees, shooting a dart at the gaurd's palomino to leave it stuck in it's place for a short time. Elchei didn't feel like dealing with it freaking it out when it figured out the situation.

The elf put on an act and ran with labored breath into Esmel's direction, tripping with a look of utter terror. He looked back, letting out a frightened cry as he rose and ran- but the pointy eared demon suddenly jumped onto him, pulling at his hair and tearing his cloak to leave more scratches on his his skin as Elchei crashed into his target. Elchei knocked the other off his feet at a quick speed, aware that his own horse should've toppled to the ground by now. He shook violently, pleading, and seeming like he wasn't aware he who just crashed into. He knew the other should've been caught off guard- and he waited as the creatures continued attack, most likely even scratching the knight's palomino. The demons were just going after Elchei and his horse the most though. If the knight couldn't take out the demons, which he highly doubted- it's not like they were difficult to kill. he would do it himself with the blade like he planned to, slicing them to pieces. He knew how to heal himself afterwards from the cuts-but he had planned to try and slip on the bracelet while the knight was distracted or distracted with taking out the creatures.