Lone Ark (for Exellda and hal7283, 18+, private)

hal7283

Lone Ark

Genre: Sci-fi, machine rape?

In the far future hyper-space-jump technology finally freed humanity from the confines of the solar system, leading to a golden age of exploration and expansion. YC was aboard a spaceship (his occupation is up to you to decide) but an accident caused the ship to get stranded in unknown space. With multiple malfunctions it was only a matter of time before the ship explodes. Then suddenly the crew discovered something strange on sensors: an deserted alien vessel. Without any choice the crew boarded the alien vessel just as their old ship exploded. The crew was greeted by the vessel's AI(MC). The good news was the alien vessel can support human life for the foreseeable future and the AI was willing to help them get home, but the bad news was the journey would take a very, very long time.

While at first the survivors cooperated, it wasn't long before faction were formed, lines were drawn. Suspicion and paranoia slowly began to take hold, both against each other, and against their alien AI host. During all this YC began to notice that the AI(MC) seemed to express special interest in him, and became more and more (intrigued/fascinated/dependent/attached/afraid/cautious/suspicious/hostile/or all of the above) to it. Can the survivors make it home before things really get out of hand? And what hidden agenda could the AI have for the survivors and YC in particular? Perhaps machine tentacle rape or virtual reality mind fuck is involved? Maybe even some weird alien genetic manipulation shit?

(Given the plot it's probably necessary for both of us to play a few NPCs in the story. But the main story is between YC and the AI)

hal7283's character:

Ship name: Original name unpronounceable by human tongue. Roughly translate to "Moving Home", or "Ark"

Ship appearance:

45448705_p0_master1200.jpg

Length: 5 km

Description: Built by an unknown alien species, the massive vessel has been travelling through space for untold millennia. Despite its age the ship was well maintained and kept in prime condition, and the technology went into its construction remain far beyond what human can achieve at this point.

The ship can generally be divided into several sections: Residential section at the front; power section in the middle; recycling and production section on its sides; and propulsion section at the back. It was clear that the vessel was designed to house thousands of people for generations as it traverse through space. Yet when discovered by the humans the ship was deserted, no sign of any of the crew on board. Only thing left "alive" were countless maintenance drones, and the AI who kept the ship running for all these years.

AI name: Original name unpronounceable by human tongue. Roughly translate to "Care taker", or "Guide". Feel free to give it a nickname.

AI "appearance" (a holographic projection created by the AI to communicate with the humans)

52337765_p0_master1200.jpg

Description: The alien vessel was ran by a sophisticated AI, appearing to the humans as a holographic projection or simply a disembodied voice. Friendly and gentle, the AI seemed to be caring and empathetic. Being the ship's mind it literally has complete control and supervision over every corner of the ship, and can easily modify the interior environment of the ship to suit the needs of the passengers. However when asked about what happened to its previous owners, he would claim that the data was corrupted due to passage of time.

Exellda's character:

Appearance:

c295516bca84af24ea5b73497adb68c1.jpg

Space suit and normal clothes:

SUIT:

11420452_654242214678019_94678790_n.jpg

NORMAL:

fcde29cb4a2756f5b52164bedb3eb85b.jpg

General Information:

Name: Jericho Atlas

Birth: Born on the Kepler Starfighter

Race: Human

Sexuality: Gay

Position: Seke

Appearance:

Height: 5'10

Weight: 150 lbs

Eye Color: Black, like the Space around them

Personality/Traits:

• Curious
  • Kind
  • Very Friendly
  • Loves to explore Space
  • Good at reading maps
  • Tinkerer/ Engineer
  • Navigator

Brief History: Jericho was born on the Kepler Starfighter and was raised aboard the ship for all of his life. Landing on other planets Jericho often stayed behind to watch over the ship. Eventually, the blond grew to love everything about the ship. He self taught himself how to fix things and how to navigate through space. Jericho was very familiar with every nook and cranny of the Kepler. Up until he turned 13 he lived on the Kepler when eventually it needed to be upgraded because it was falling apart. Atlas lived on a planet with his mother and father for nearly a year before finding the Apollo Starlight. He lived with the Apollo crew for 5 years and he figured he would stay there for the rest of his life- Unfortunately the Apollo was destroyed when a failed communication resulted in the ship crash landing. At 19 Jericho barely escaped with his life. Only seven other people made it out, none of which were his parents.

Finally and eventually after receiving help, not to mention another year passed, Jericho and the others were saved by the Quicksilver Starfighter. After the years went by, the seven other survivors went their own way. Jericho, on the other hand, stayed with Quicksilver as it reminded him of the Kepler. It was an old spaceship but with all the upgrades the Kepler needed. Slowly, his reputation grew and he became one of the most trusted and reliable members of the crew.

Extras:

• Good at fixing things
  • Tinkerer/ Engineer
  • Good at reading maps

• Loves to explore Space
  • Loves to Space Travel
  • Surviving

Dislikes:

• Death
  • Irrational people and decisions
  • Fighting- would rather talk it out

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hal7283

• Exellda

"Code red! Code Red! Everyone needs to evacuate in a calmly manner! Rushing and pushing won't make this any better." Yelled the captain of the ship. Loud sirens were echoing throughout the Quicksilver. The ship was in a near constant state of shaking, beeping and breaking apart. The moans and groans of the ship frightened even the sturdiest of men. These were sounds that they never dreamed to hear, nor ever wished to hear in the first place. There was nothing they could do now to save the Quicksilver as most of the damage came from the outside, so repairing the ship would take lots of time and resources they didn't have.

About 30 minutes ago the ship was smooth sailing. However, the discomfort didn't start brewing in the ship just yet. Whenever Jericho wasn't navigating, his backup was Mika. Everyone called Mike, 'Newbie' as he had only been with Quicksilver for a couple of months. Long story short, Mika had misinterpreted data and the ship ended up steering into a unknown territory in space. At first, no one seemed to notice that they were in uncharted territory. It was when Jericho finally woke up about ten minutes later and picked up what Mika was doing that he soon realized that they were not where they were supposed to be.

It was simple, Jericho made his way to the upper deck and with a simple 'hello' to his crew mates. Upon rejoining with Mika he asked the other male, "How's the Quick' doing?" Jericho made his way over to the navigator grid which shows a live feed of the space around them. Except he realized that Mika had left the Nanario System up again. 'Newbie' was notorious for forgetting to set the screen back whenever he was done. "Ah, you forgot again, Newbie, you have to remember to set the grid back..." He said as he pressed a simple button to set the grid back, "I've already told you that this helps us navigate through space. It's useless if the grid isn't showing. It's also dangerous because for all we know, while the Nanario System is up, we could be running into uncharted area..." He said as he glanced at the live feed of the grid.

"Ah..." Mika said with a sigh. "Sorry sir... I have a lot to learn still. I'm not used to these kinds of ships."

"No worries Mika, you're a good guy to have around." Jericho knew all too well that the other male was just now learning the trade whereas he had nearly his whole life. "Just promise to work on it, 'kay?" And after receiving a nod from him underling, Jericho turned his attention back to the gird... The grid was finally able to update, which only took a mere minute at most. As soon as the scan was complete, Jericho only needed a moment to tell that they were not heading the correct direction. If the blank screen flashing the words 'Unidentified Territory' told him anything it was that they were way off course. "Shit." Jericho cursed and immediately yelled at the Captain, "Captain Ethaan! Quick is sailing blind! One: Eighty! One: Eighty pronto."

The captain was quick to his feet, actually running to Jericho's side just to confirm it with his own eyes. He too, cursed, "Shit, everybody we need a One: Eighty on the dou-" The captain was suddenly interrupted by a loud clang, along with the ship shaking instantaneously. Some people actually fell over from the impact. They were in deep trouble if they just hit something. With nothing but their sonar to rely on, they were nearly flying completely blind. That one hit had everyone on high alert. Everyone knew that the Quicksilver was not a Survey Starship. Unlike the Quicksilver, the Survey ships were agile, sleek and small- meant to travel in unknown territories of space, while the Quicksilver was a giant ship- meant to carry people long distances throughout space in explored territories only.

To say the least, the fact that they were in an uncharted area was both technically illegal and highly dangerous. Still, they could fix this if they turned around right now. And now that everyone knew that it was a code One: Eighty, Jericho addressed the captain quickly, "I'm going to go see what has been damaged."

"I'll go with you, I have a bad feeling of where it hit and I need to see it with my own eyes. Mika!" Captain called out to the other male who visibly stiffened. "Lad, when we get out of here, you're on janitor duty for a while." And Mika looked defeated mumbling a small 'yes sir' as he got back to work.

Onward, Jericho and the captain went down the long hall of the ship, looking for the exact location of the- "Oh... Fuck. It hit the left thrusters!" Jericho felt his stomach twist in a knot as he looked out of the window onlooking what looked like debris falling off of their ship. As much as he wanted to go out and fix it, it would be highly dangerous to go out there right now. "It's going to be difficult to get out of here with those-" Another loud crash, shaking the whole ship once again. Jericho and the captain had fallen to the ground and just as they were about to get up- Then another hit- "I- Fuck!" Jericho cursed as another hit, "I think were caught up in an asteroid belt of some kind." As if to prove him right, a small pebble hit the window. Jericho did his best to steady himself just to look out. The lights of the ship allowed him to see what looked like millions of various sized rocks.

"Hold on to something!" Jericho couldn't remember who shouted it but he found himself hanging on as a rather large rock hit the front of their ship. His heart pounded in his chest as an alarm startled him. They have been breached! Everyone knew that alarm meant that the ship was now leaking oxygen. Screams could be heard coming from the front of the ship. Shouts and screams were occasionally drowned out by the loud alarms. The ship shook again with another rock hitting it hard. Once again Jericho lost his balance, but was quick to get back up again. He knew, or at least something inside of him knew that it was time to evacuate. The ship wouldn't survive this... But the pods would.

Among the screaming was the captain, yelling for everyone to stay calm and start the evacuation procedure.

Jericho found himself in a pod, crammed in with about 20 other people. The max space for a pod was about 20 so they did their best to fill every pod. Jericho was sure his pod was one of the last to eject from the ship. There was just over 200 people aboard the Quicksilver, he could only hope that everyone made it out okay. Each pod was equipped with about a months supply of food, mini cots, and two small bathrooms. It was a cramped space to work in. Everyone seemed more relaxed once they were in the pods, however, Jericho knew better than to let his guard down.

Just as he thought about it, an explosion shook even their pod. Jericho watched in disbelief as the Quicksilver had exploded from all of the damage, the force of the explosion propelled them forward, blindly. Luckily they had missed the other rocks- However, there was a pod not too far from the one Jericho was in- It had been propelled as well, only a rock hit it, veering it off course and making it spin right into a giant rock. The pod then exploded on impact.

Fearing for his life, as well as the crew members in his pod, Jericho piloted the pod away from all of the debris. He was careful, well as careful as he could be in an unknown area. Jericho watched the space around them like a hawk, trying to make sure that they could get out of this alive. Eventually, Jericho thought he found a clearing, the belt was finally clearing up. As soon as they were out, Jericho nearly collapsed from the stress that he just had to endure. However, his efforts were met with a pat on the back, many thanks from the crew that was with him. As soon as he had a moment to calm down, Jericho grabbed the mike on the dash. Pressing the switch on, he called out to the other pods- if any, "Pod 8 of 12 to brother pods, come in, are there any other pods out there?"

Ssskeerr!"Brother pod, this is pod 9 reporting. Captain is aboard but not doing well."Ssskeerr!

Ssskeerr!"Pod 3, reporting."Ssskeerr!

Ssskeerr!"P-pod 6, alive and well, I think."Ssskeerr!

Ssskeerr!"Pod 4- Damage reported but still functional."Ssskeerr!

Ssskeerr!"Pod 1, confirm with 5 injured passengers, 2 deadly. Who has the doctors?"Ssskeerr!

Ssskeerr!"That would be pod 3! One doctor aboard."Ssskeerr!

Ssskeerr!"Pod 4 has two nurses and one doctor available."Ssskeerr!

Jericho felt relieved that he was hearing so many replies, however he was worried for the numbers not coming in. "Are there Pods: 2, 7, 10, 11, and 12?"

Ssskeerr!"..."Ssskeerr! There was nothing but static replying.

"Okay then we need to regroup."

And so, the pods met up and formed together, creating a relatively small unit that could move as one and allowed the crew to mingle with one another. Doctors provided aid to those who were injured. Jericho learned that the captain was unconscious and that Mika made it out alive and was piloting Pod 6. The people of the Quicksilver met and discussed what their next move was- up until the sonar started to beep. Oh great, now what? Everyone was already on high alarm. The pilots, including Jericho returned to their stations immediately to report on what was happening. Jericho turned on his Mike to the other Pods, "Just to confirm... You guys are seeing what I'm seeing, right?"

Ssskeerr!"An unidentified ship..?"Ssskeerr!

Ssskeerr!"Are we saved?"Ssskeerr!

"Ssskeerr!"I don't think so... There's no way for us to identify it... For all we know it's literally an alien ship!"Ssskeerr!

"That's what I was afraid of..." Jericho said as he squinted, looking out of the window- and sure enough he was sure he saw the lights of another ship- One that looked like no other. "Well if it's hostile it either hasn't noticed us yet or is choosing not to fire just yet..."

Ssskeerr!"Do you think it'll let us board it?"Ssskeerr!

Ssskeerr!"Well that depends on if it is friendly or not, right Jericho?"Ssskeerr!

"Right... We have two choices here. Run- and hope we find salvation elsewhere. Or stick around and see if we can get some help. In my honest opinion, I don't think we'll last long in uncharted territory, I think we should ask for help... I know it's a gamble, but I'd rather die trying than run." There was a moment of pause, Jericho knew the others were considering his proposal. In the end, everyone agreed, albeit uneasily and reluctantly. Jericho offered himself to go as the 'bait' if need be. Accompanied by Mika, who wanted to redeem himself, and a fellow pilot by the name of Glenn, Jericho suited up.

The suits were a skintight design meant to improve flexibility and to make it overall lighter. Each suit was equipped with several gadgets to help breathe, navigate and communicate. Before leaving, Jericho decided to turn on his mike in an attempt to communicate with the other ship. "Hello? Is anyone there? This is Quicksilver, requesting permission to dock and receive aid. I repeat, this is Quicksilver, requesting permission to dock and receive aid. Do you copy?"

Ssskeerr!"..."Ssskeerr!

"Jericho? What are you doing?" It was Glenn, peaking around the corner. The woman was all suited up and walking towards Jericho.

"Well... I was trying to communicate with it but... With how... High tech that thing is, I am not even sure that it can hear us. I mean, we're now close enough to proceed with docking... I just don't want to be lured into a trap, you know? We're risking our lives here..."

Glenn placed a hand on his shoulder, "I know, but... I... How to explain it..? I feel like it will turn out okay? As scary as this all is... I don't know... I just feel it." She let out a sigh, "I hope that makes you feel better."

Jericho actually nodded, "Strangely, I feel the same way." Then he got up, "Alright let's not waste anymore time." He said just as Mika came in. "Let's get going, Mika."

And soon, all three of them were on the outsides of their pods, tethered to each other just in case. Meanwhile, the people within the pods watched uneasily as they carried out their mission. Jericho propelled himself, leading the other two to the ship- It was, gigantic, way bigger than the Quicksilver, he was sure. Thankfully, they hadn't fired yet, Jericho was well aware of how defenseless they were. Everyone was a sitting duck.

Along the way, he calmly communicated with the pods and to his team of two. Everything seemed to be stable thus far. Now was the moment of truth... It took about 10 minutes to get within two feet of the other ship. Jericho didn't touch the ship yet, as he was wondering around to find what looked like some kind of entrance. Finally, he thought he saw handles for a hatch. There! That would be their way in... Hopefully.

Jericho was the first person to touch the ship. "Woah..." He uttered under his breath. He felt something that he couldn't explain just at that moment... He quickly pushed the thought aside and started to pull open the hatch, Glenn and Mika aiding him as it was hard to open. Slowly, they floated inside and looked for a way to close the hatch so they wouldn't be trapped in space. Glenn found a lever to pull, and alarm went off, closing the hatch by itself. Once the hatch was closed, another door opened.

This was the start, Jericho marched onward into the mysterious ship, turning on his camera and headlight on his suit. "Here we go, be very careful. We don't know what's here and it could be dangerous. Stay on your toes..." Jericho took a deep breath. "Okay, let's go."

"Routine check commencing...."

“AI mainframe check....clear...”

"Power core check....clear, all conditions green..."

A disembodied voice echoed in the AI core room of the ship as all the indicators flicker to light. Waking up from its long sleep mode the AI began its routine check of the whole ship, and started to announce its progress through its speakers even though it was no longer necessary. After all, it was a long time ago when those capable of listening to it died.

"Residential check......clear, no life signs detected..."

"Production check......clear, all equipment remain in prime condition......"

The announcements continued. Even back in the days when its passengers were still alive, they've often remarked that such announcements were meaningless, and would much prefer a simple report through their mail terminal afterwards. Nevertheless the AI kept the practice going, at the time because its protocol demands so. But now, it had an additional reason.

"Recycle check.........clear."

"Gene bank check....clear, all specimen accounted for."

As an AI it perceived time differently from organic beings, and didn’t feel “boredom” or “loneliness” during all those years of silence. That being said it did find the occasional interruption of that silence to be beneficial in some regard, recording a 0.000000000000000000001% improvement in system performance for 0.0003 seconds after each announcement. Due to this fact it did consider increasing the frequency of such vocal announcements, but discovered the beneficiary property of it dropped when the frequency was increased beyond its current routine. If quote an organic saying, it would be: "too much of a good thing".

"Maintenance system check.....clear."

"All system checked and accounted for. All system green."

It wasn't long before all the routine checkups were finished. In fact if all the announcements were skipped it could go even shorter. After all with most of the ship being under the effects of stasis fields it's unlikely anything would've been damaged anyway. Just as it was about to go back into sleep mode it detected something on its scanners: a vessel of some kind, heading straight into a nearby asteroid field. From all the data it could collect it was certain the vessel was of alien origin.

From past data the AI estimated that his creators would've been excited by this turn of events, and if the fact that its systems were performing at peak speed recording and analyzing all data was any indication, so was the AI at this moment. It only took a few nano-seconds for it to get a pretty good picture as to the capabilities of that vessel, and it remarked at the crudeness of its engineering. Given how little protection the vessel had the AI was surprised that the vessel was space faring at all, and as expected, it got torn to shreds as it bumped into the asteroid field. The AI wondered why the ship decided to go there in the first place. Was it some form of alien practice of religious mass suicide ritual? As the alien vessel exploded the AI was quickly proven wrong when what appeared to be escape pods were launched from the vessel. It concluded that it must have been a accident, and continued its scans. It discovered multiple life signs on each of the escape pods, and noticed them pods approaching it. Shortly after several of the life signs even exited the pods in some kind of tight protection gear, likely attempting to board it.

It didn’t take long for the alien creatures to find one of the maintenance hatches on the surface of its haul, and after a brief moment of calculation the AI unlocked the hatch to let them inside. It’s been a while since any manual operation was done on this ship, and despite all the past check record indicating it to be functional the AI was almost concerned if they still work. Once the aliens were inside and the hatch closed behind them the AI was relieved. Now the alien creatures are inside the AI was able to do a detailed scan on their gear and biological features, remarkably their construct were quite similar to its creators: sure they were a little bit shorter and a lot more fragile, but they too walk on two feet and have nimble hands. If anything they seemed to be more.....elegant creatures.

The AI turned on the lights of the pathways in accordance to the creatures’ optical range, as well as artificial gravity. The AI guided them along with the opening of doors, eventually leading them to a square room around 10m on each sides, and once the last alien entered the AI shut the door behind them.

“Welcome to $%^&,%^& I'm AI %^&&.” The disembodied voice of the AI echoed in the room: “Apologies if &**(( of.....harm, learned sound from *(^^&^& data personal devices.....partly. This space, again-worked ^&*( biology, oxygen, carbon-dioxide, &&*, &**(,...... Question Purpose of ....invasion...?”

Right off the bat, the moment Jericho, Glenn and Mika entered the ship they could all tell that there was something different about it. What? They would have to find out. Strangely, the lights had turned on, allowing them to see down one of the long hallways. It was as if... they were leading them. Jericho decided to humor it and follow with caution, after all they were on an unknown ship. The more they walked, the more the blond haired male became increasingly curious. A ship this size should have lots of other... people or aliens, shouldn't it? Where were they? Hiding? Jericho was surprised that they hadn't come across anyone yet.

"Hey guys, don't you think this is strange? What if it's a trap?" Mika spoke out softly, traces of concern could be heard in his voice.

"Well..." Jericho thought out loud, stopping his movement as he looked back at his subordinate, "Even if it is, there's nothing we can do except go along with it now that we're here. No one has attacked us yet." He shrugged, and then turned to continue their journey. "So with that being said, proceed with caution peacefully. If it is a trap, then everyone else might have a chance to get away." Although he said that with a hint of doubt. Jericho had noticed how incredibly advance this ship was and if they were walking into a trap, escaping might be futile- even if the pods knew, there was a likely chance that they wouldn't get out alive.

Glenn let out a sigh, "Flying by the seat of your pants as always, huh, Jericho?" She let out a small chuckle before shaking her head. "I don't know how you can be calm in a situation like this. Then again, you were always the strange one." She joked, "The adventure never ends, does it?"

Jericho turned back to show that he was smiling, "You know it. Now lets stop lollygagging and keep moving." And so, Jericho lead the way, still following the direction of the lights but also noting where they were going. Eventually they came to a room, much like a dead end. Mika made a sound of distress when the door suddenly shut behind them. Then suddenly a voice spoke out to them, freezing everyone in place as they listened to the foreign voice. It sounded garbled but, some of which sound just comprehensible enough. Jericho was shocked that he just heard the voice of an AI. At least it seemed friendly.

Being the 'leader' of the team, it was Jericho's job to address this... AI, although he had expected to hear either an 'alien' voice or at least a creature that was... well, alive. Nonetheless, Jericho didn't mind addressing the AI. He had never met one until now and to say the least, he was actually rather excited. Such a thing only existed in the books his mom would read him when he was a kid. Okay... Here goes nothing. "Uh, my name is Jericho, navigator of the Qu- Former Quicksilver Starfighter." He corrected himself as the Quicksilver technically no longer existed. "We mean no harm to you or your ship, merely some assistance would be nice. My people have just lost our ship, the Quicksilver. I don't know if you saw, but it was destroyed."

Glenn took a step forward, "Our ship wasn't designed to go into uncharted territory. However, an unfortunate accident occurred and we ended up colliding head on with the asteroid belt. Most of us are lucky to have escaped with our lives."

"Sorry about that..." Said Mika rather glumly, nearly inalienable to his team.

Jericho looked over his shoulder at Mika, "It was an honest mistake, don't burden yourself with it."

"I know... but..." Mika said hesitantly, it was obvious that he was blaming himself for the ships demise, as well as the deaths of the people who didn't make it.

With a sigh Jericho lifted up his wrist. A high-tech watch came to life, a 10 by 10 inch screen projecting right in front of him, hovering just over the watch. "Let's see... Ah. Well that's good." He said and without really explaining what he was talking about, Jericho pulled off his helmet. "There's oxygen here and it's safe. Don't waste the tank anymore." He commanded his two comrades. There's was a slight hesitation from both his subordinates, however in the end they both complied. "Sorry for the intrusion, AI... Uh... I didn't quite understand everything you said. On the behalf of my crew I ask for some form of assistance, be it supplies or well, anything would probably be helpful. We are unfamiliar with this area of space, so if you could somehow point us in the right direction, we'll be on our way."

"Are there any medical supplies?" Asked Mika, who was still worried for the injured people aboard the pods.

"And maybe extra food and water..?" Asked Glenn.

"Now hold up..." Said Jericho who wanted to vent his confusions and cure his curiosities. "I have a couple of things I want to know. Where is everyone? Your ship appeared to be empty as we were headed here. And another thing, where is... Do you have a creator? Where are they?" Jericho was having a hard time wrapping his head around the possibility that this ship was running by itself!

While the leader alien spoke the AI was already adding data to its storage and making adjustments to its translation algorithms. It somewhat questioned its earlier decision of trying to communicate with the aliens while its language data wasn't completed, resulting in the earlier garbled, inefficient speech. After a moment of recalculation however it concluded that by directly speaking with them it could collect data quicker thus make future communication smoother. As expected the aliens were here due to an accident, and they've boarded the ship in search for assistance. A rather bold move, but given the circumstances, a logical one.

When the leader alien took off his helmet the AI was relieved, as it was the evidence that its earlier attempt to communicate was successful. It focused its optic sensors on the leader alien's, and find itself lacking adequate words to describe it, after all its creators were of an entirely different species. That being said from its data on the concept of art and aesthetics compiled by its creators, it did conclude that there was certain beauty in the beings' features.

"I'm happy to provide assistance to you and the rest of your people, Jericho, navigator of the Former Quicksilver Starfighter. Judging from preliminary scans of your biology this vessel should be able to provide all the supplies necessary for your continuous survival. Of course additional data for your dietary habits and prefrences would be helpful. As for your other questions, this vessel $%^&,%^& was constructed 98274912 $%^ cycles ago by the (*&^^. Currently there is no (*&^^ on board."

The AI paused for a moment, and continued: "Due to the difference in biology between you and my creators, it will take time for me to retrofit the spaces of this vessel for you needs. So it is recommended to remain in this room for the time being. In the meantime, perhaps you can contact the rest of your people to enter?"

Glenn had recently pulled off her helmet, revealing her black curly hair pulled back into a pony tail. Her skin was a dark caramel. Her complexion was nearly baby smooth. Jericho on the other hand had shorter blond hair, black eyes and pale skin. Mika finally pulled off his helmet, revealing his ginger hair, freckles, pale skin. He currently had contacts in, but nonetheless his eyes were baby blue. Each crew member had their own distinct features and even then they were a small percent of the rest of the crew. Each human had their different features, some were very different from one another and at the same time they were the same.

After the AI spoke, of course Jericho was the first to speak up again. He chuckled, finding humor in the way he was addressed. "I suppose I had this coming, formalities aside, you don't have to address me so extensively. "'Jericho' is sufficient enough, thank you." He found it to be impressive that an AI could keep up a conversation. Then again, AI's were supposed to a form of 'intelligent' life. This AI seemed to prove the theory right. To learn that the AI had already been scanning him both made him feel uneasy and surprised at the same time. He was in awe and admiration. This AI seemed to be capable to do all the jobs that were required to run the ship. It was all just... Jericho couldn't imagine running a ship- without exactly running the ship.

Except for small mistakes here and there, it felt like he was talking with another person. The AI was an artificial 'companion', one that seemed willing to help them out. And to think this vessel has been around for 98274912 cycles? However long that was? Whoever created the AI was no longer around, let alone everyone else who once lived here. "That seems like an awfully long time? Don't you get lonely?" Asked Mika who had asked the question without thinking about it. "Oh... Well, you're an AI, do you even have feelings? I don't think it's possible for artificial intelligence to have feelings. Er, I don't mean to offend you, Mr. AI."

It was Glenn that seemed a little skeptical. "Well... I am sure we can provide you we the info you need... However, I'm curious, why would you help us? You're not gaining anything, you know? I don't mean to come off as rude and I am thankful that you're willing to help us, but.... I don't this all seems too easy." Glenn venting her worries both to the group and to the AI. She had her suspicions but she was willing to tag along if that meant she survived.

"Glenn is right, I'm a little interested to know why you're helping us, too." Jericho nodded. He had been thinking the same thing as well. "However, I'm not against calling the pods over. All in favor?" He asked his crew, he was already in the process of communicating, as he had been recording the whole time, sending a live feed to his fellow crew. There was a moment of pause before Glenn nodded and Mika joined in with a small mutter 'I suppose so'. "Pods?" Jericho asked while pressing his ear piece. There was about a five minute delay before a pilot gave a confirmation call. Jericho nodded, "Well there you have it, the pods from Quicksilver will dock. Give them about a ten minute grace period."

"Understood. I will from now on refer to you as Jericho." The AI continued the conversation with the aliens while he continued to work on other areas of the ship, quickly filling a large section with air breathable for his guests as well as adjusting artificial gravity in those areas.

"According to the data I gathered from your personal devices, again apologies if this offends you or violates any of your customs, one $%^ cycle roughly equates to "1 standard day" of yours. Thus this vessel was launched 269,246 years ago. As for whether I feel loneliness or other emotions, I can not answer that question with certainty at this moment, since the abstract concepts such as "loneliness" or "emotions" may be defined radically different between you and my creators, but I thank you for your concerns. Additionally you don't need to address me so formally, simply 'AI' would suffice. Or if you prefer alternatives my original designation is %^&&, which roughly translates to "Care taker", or "Guide". You may address me as such, or however you please."

The AI found the interruption of "Glenn" unwelcoming, as it hampered its effort to communicate with "Jericho". Nevertheless her concerns were reasonable, and "Jericho" quickly regained the initiative in their conversation. The AI replied: "I offer to help because that's my purpose. I was created to assist intelligent life in their pursuits to the best of my abilities, and this has not changed one bit after my creators are no longer present. Which brings me to the situation at hand: the maintenance hatch you entered earlier isn't suitable for transferring all of your crew member on board. I can guide the pods to a hanger bay not far from this room with a tractor beam. Is that satisfactory to you?"

(Basically let's let Jericho think of a more "human" name for AI cause, you know, when Jericho eventually moan in bed we don't want him to moan "OH AI, AI!" right? How about Kai? Like Kind+AI=Kai? Sounds like something Jericho would come up?)

(Ah, that's a good name.)

The leader of the group, Jericho, surprisingly felt at ease in front of this AI. Then again, Jericho loved being on ships. On top of that, being on a high tech mystery ship. Oh boy, Jericho just wanted to explore already... He was getting kind of antsy about it too, however he remained calm. There was no rush. He had the feeling that they would be hanging around this vessel for a bit. "Damn, this vessel has been around that long? That's... Unbelievably amazing. To think that you've been around for such an extended amount of time. On top of that, this vessel is beyond anything I've ever seen. The technology here is absolutely phenomenal." He was actually interested to see how the AI 'worked'. How was the AI made?

"Hmmn, I see..." Mika said after the AI explained how it's possible 'feelings' would work. "Well maybe you'll learn through analyzing us more? Although I must admit, I... think it's strange to be analyzed like this. B-But, I mean, you're an AI so... It's to be expected? I don't really mind if you're using the information you gain if it means that it'll help us out."

And after Glenn got the response she wanted, she raised a brow but didn't argue. "That's... surprisingly nice. I didn't except that kind of answer." However she did still sound suspicious. Any other suspicions though, she remained quiet about. For now.

"In any case, your help would be wonderful in aiding us to the hanger bay. It was... kind of difficult to get inside. Nevertheless, I don't think I regret it." Said Jericho, a smile slowly forming on his face as he looked at his two subordinates.

"Of course you do, I'm sure you got a boner for the vessel." Glenn said with the roll of her eyes. "Ships were always your thing. You always talk my ear off about them. I'm sure Mika can agree." She pointed at the other male in the room. The ginger tilted his head before shrugging and giving a firm nod.

Yeah, Jericho knew he had a fondness for ships. The fact that Glenn pointed it out didn't bother him either. Everyone on the Quicksilver knew his fascination with ships. "Lets go get the other pods." He carried on with the conversation as if it his near fetish for ships was not even mentioned. "Where shall I direct the pods... AI..." He hummed. "Hmmn..." He looked at his comrades, "Let give it a name!"

Glenn raised a brow, "What..? Jericho are you serious?" She pressed her pinched the bridge of her nose and let out a sigh. "Of course you want to name it..."

"What are name are you thinking?" Mika asked as they both knew that Jericho was already on it.

In fact, Jericho was already sure he came up with a simple, clever name. "What about... 'Kai'?"

And Mika decided to humor him, "Why 'Kai', Jericho?"

"Well... I was thinking that because it's an AI, that I should incorporate that somehow... Then I thought, 'Man, this AI sure is nice.'- and what's the synonym for nice?" Jericho asked but then gave no one the chance to answer. "Kind! And so, I took the first letter of Kind and combined it with AI. Therefore, we could call it, Kai!" Jericho declared, "What say you, AI? Can I call you Kai?" If confirmed, Jericho was ready to tell everyone else to address the AI as Kai.

"Kai...." The AI repeated, and after a moment he replied: "The name is agreeable. Thank you Jericho, from now on I shall refer to myself as 'Kai'."

The AI, now renamed Kai by the Jericho alien, found the turn of events to be satisfactory. According to his data organic beings prefer to use short verbal designations on each other as a sign of friendship and intimacy. This will certainly make their future interactions a lot more smoother.

"Back to subject of the pods outside, simply inform them that they will be pulled inside, this ship's tractor beam would do the rest. I'll guide you to the hanger bay so you could rejoin with the rest of your people." With that said, Kai opened up a door at the side of the room, leading to a long hallway where lights are turning on one by one. "Please proceed. Just follow the lights."

Shortly after Kai guided the aliens to the hanger bay, which was adjusted to suit the needs of the alien guests. Kai said to Jericho: "The pods will arrive shortly. " A few moments later the hanger doors opened, with a force filed stopping everything from being sucked out into the vacuum of space, and a purple beam of light dragged all the pods inside, laying them on the floor gently. The hanger bay door closed after all the pods entered the ship, and the force field disappeared shortly after.

"Yeah, no problem." Jericho felt proud of himself for naming the AI. He gave the vessel a thumbs up. It was his usual quirkiness. The other crew members seem to be very well aware of Jericho's... personality. Neither Glenn or Mika were surprised by the other male's actions. "Off we go then." He said. The blond male was obviously a lot more free spirited than the other two. Jericho made the call to the pods and then directed them at the Ai's request. The AI, now known as Kai, lead the way for them to reach the bay. Following the lights down the long hallway, it was only a matter of time before they reached the bay.

Upon entering the hanger bay, they awaited the pods. Of course Jericho, Mika and even Glenn was looking around with interest. Something like this was so foreign to them- technology wise. Seeing how high tech everything was... It was truly spectacular and baffling. Even more so when the hanger suddenly opened and a power force field kept them inside- while the vessel appeared to 'pull' the pods inside with some strange purple bean of life. And just like that, the hanger was closed.

"Woah..." Said Mika who seemed breathless.

Glenn had her hand placed over her racing heart, "Holy shit, I thought I was about to have a heart attack... That was..."

"Awesome!" Spat out Jericho.

"Intense..." Continued Glenn with a sigh, taking in a deep breath or two so she could calm herself. "For a second I thought we were about to be sucked into the black abyss... What a horrible fate it would have been... Thankfully my life did not end that way." Mika also looked like he had been worried as well.

Of course, being as eccentric as he was, Jericho had practically openly gawked at what he just witness. It was amazing. Such things only existed in films or old books. He was already having a hard time understanding how such a thing so advanced was possible... And yet, he felt incredibly lucky to have seen it with his own eyes. While he did fear for his own life momentarily, it was so brief that it didn't even appear that he was worried. At the end of the day, these overwhelming events would surely lull him to a deep sleep later. Jericho was the type to sleep off stress.

Now that the pods were here Jericho and his two mates jogged on over to the closest pod. As they did the doors opened revealing more people. Of course everyone was now currently looking around in awe as Jericho's team had been earlier. "So what do you guys think? Isn't this vessel crazy cool?" His question was answered with mostly grumbles, sighs and a few excited cheers. "Welcome to the vessel, everyone. You should all thank the vessel's AI for being so generous. That being said, it's name is Kai. Please address him as such."

Slowly but surely Kai was learning about his new guests, most specifically about this one called "Jericho". It's becoming clear to Kai that even among his own kind this "Jericho" was unique, as he seemed to possess greater curiosity and energy than the rest of them. He decided to devote sensors and processing power on him since it's often such "anomalies" within the species that can cause the most profound effects to its development and evolution.

"You're welcomed Jericho, but there's no need for extensive gratitude. As I explained to you earlier, helping intelligent life is my process, regardless of species. I'm here to serve your needs as best as I could. Currently I'm working on retrofiring more spaces of the ship to suit your biology, in the mean time please remain in the hanger bay. There's also the subject of supplies: As I gathered from our previous conversations you seems to be lacking in both medical and nutritional material? Due to the lack of data on your specie's biology, I shall refrain from using the medical equipment this ship have on your people. Also I don't think the food I can synthesis at this moment are suitable for you. Therefore it's paramount for you to provide some samples so I can begin to process of replication."

Kai paused for a moment, and simultaneously a hatch opened on a nearby wall. A metal sphere looking object the size of a basketball floated out and flew towards Jericho. The voice of Kai continued: "This is a maintenance drone. Once you've designated samples for collection it will take them for analysis."

"I'm sure we can get you what you need in exchange for your help." Jericho replied to Kai, tilting his head in wonderment as the pod came out. With a smile he gave a nod, heading off to check up on the other pods first. It was once he got to Pod 1 he heard his name being called out. This was the usual, whenever the captain was out or in this case, unconscious, he was the one who 'took over'. They had actually voted on it. Most of the crew, despite knowing about Jericho's quirkiness, voted to have him as the 'second in command'. It also might have helped that he was good friends with the captain and quite frankly, he was one of the few that he'd trust his life to.

"Mr. Atlas! Mr. Atlas! I must report to you the two people who have sustained grave injuries. Please come quick." It was one of the doctors, Shied. He was a rather chubby man but he had a heart of gold one might say. He like to help others which was the main reason he became a doctor. "I'm not sure they'll make it... It's Ryan and Alene, poor things, they just married three months ago. Remember?" Of course Jericho remembered, he had to rig the technological parts up so that they could have a 'fancy' wedding. Not that he minded... Certainly now was the time to dwell on the possibility that they would be losing yet two more people... There were two gravely injured on separate stretchers but laying right next to each other, exactly one man and one woman.

"Sh-Shit..." Ryan cursed softly once Jericho was within earshot, his voice was shaking. He found it hard to breathe because of the huge, bleeding wound in his side. His face was scrunched up in pain as he opened his eyes and after taking a look around at everyone around him he said, "H-hey... If I'm going to die then I might as well make myself useful..." He inhaled sharply, making a pained gasping sound as he did so. "Please... I dun know if it's possible but let teh AI analyze my body." He said before another pained sound escaped his lips. "What betta way to learn 'bout our biology than a... alive specimen. Right..? Hah..." He laughed weakly. Mostly Ryan wanted to be helpful, even in his dying moments. "'Cause I ain't goin' down wit out a fight, ya know?"

"R-Ryan..! Ya better not die on me!" Shouted Alene, who was on the other stretcher. Despite saying that she wasn't in good shape either. Alene was his wife. She too was also bleeding out from a huge wound on her side. Earlier she had almost lost consciousness. The woman was in tears, shaking and struggling to breathe. "Ya hear me, Ryan. I can't dream of livin' without ya." She reached out of her stretcher, her hand seeking her husbands. Thankfully Ryan raised his hand to meet hers and they intertwined their fingers. They looked at each other for a second as she cried softly. Finally, after a moment, she seemed to know what to say. "I wanna volunteer too. Kai- was it? Please- help us. Analyze me too." She, much like her husband wanted to be helpful. "Then ya'll have a man and a woman learn from, now ain't 'at swell?"

It was times like these that Jericho had to block his emotions off otherwise he'd cry. They had already lost so many people... and yet, here was Alene and Ryan literally giving their lives to help out. He would try to do everything he could to keep them alive... or at least comfortable until they died... A thought that he did not want to think about. "Well, I don't even know if Kai can even analyze you guys like that. However I'm going to bet that Kai can..." He had to put his faith somewhere and a high tech vessel seemed like a good choice right at that moment. "Shied, get a sample of any and everything medical that we have left, stat." Shied nodded and called upon the two nurses to help him.

"Chiho!" Jericho called out to an Asian woman. "Same thing, samples of anything we eat, even the spices, got that?" The lady known as Chiho gave a firm nod, jogging off with three of her underlings, which were actually her children. Now that that was all addressed, Jericho let out a sigh, feeling exhausted from everything that had occurred today. However on the outside he did not look fatigued. "Anyone else need tending to?" After receiving verbal 'no's and head shakes, he moved on to the next thing. "Right... Okay... How's the captain?"

"Still unconscious." Reported Lily who was the other doctor. "I'm afraid that he hit his head really hard when a asteroid hit, he fell over." She said, giving a quick report. "I'm... sure he'll be fine." She said hesitantly.

Jericho gave her a pat on the back, "I think he'll be up and running in no time. You know Ethann is not the type to kick the bucket that easy." He said that because he wanted to comfort the doctor and to more or less psych himself up. Now that they were 'stranded'- or relatively safe, things were starting to calm down. Sure, most of the crew was still uneasy but that was to be expected.

"So what now..?" Asked Lily softly.

"Hmmn, that's a good question. We're kind of stuck here now... Uh, I'm actually not sure for how long, but I'm sure we'll be fine. We got Kai looking after us, too." While he wasn't sure what else the AI could do for them, he was sure that they were safer here than if they were by themselves.

"Will we sleep in the pods?" Asked Mika who walked up, looking rather pale.

"Uh-" Jericho paused once he saw his subordinate, "Never mind that right now, are you alright?"

Mika nodded weakly, "Sorry, blood makes me nauseous..."

"Then go lay down because I'm not cleaning up after you." Jericho commanded and Mika hesitated before giving him a nod and leaving to presumably go lay down- whether it was in a pod or somewhere he found comfortable.

From preliminary scans Kai already knew there were wounded among the aliens now aboard, especially two individuals who had sustained the most injuries, detecting burns as well as dozens of metallic objects embedded deep in their body, likely the result from explosions on their old vessel.

"Acknowledged. I'll conduct a more detailed inspection on your biology. Thank you for your cooperation." Kai answered after listening to what the injured couple said. While the drone picked up the samples provided by Jericho with a tractor beam and floated away, two additional spherical drones flew out of a hatch nearby, but they were significantly larger, almost the size of exercise balls.

"This may hurt a bit." Kai said to the two before the two drones opened up, revealing several mechanical arms with strange looking instruments on them, and began to take blood and tissue samples as well as conducting more in depth scans. The voice of Kai came from the two medical drones: "Which one of you is the medical personnel? I'd like to know the usual methods of medical treatment your people use, and what equipment you lack."

As Kai was working with the doctors he was also analyzing all the samples he got from the people. With his processing power it was easy for him to multi task, even holding separate conversations simultaneously with thousands of beings at once wouldn't be a problem. He doubt he'd be able to create something appetizing for the aliens right away, but synthesizing something that provides all the nutritional needs for them was easy enough, neither was water any issue. Soon enough several drones showed up with bottles of water as well as what can be described as "nutrient bars". Additional medical supplies such arrived shortly after.

A drone flew close to Jerocho and said: "Once you have settled your people down I'd like to discuss what course of action would be best for the future of your people."

Both Ryan and Alene were scared of what was about to happen to then, however the fear of death was a much stronger force. At least they could be helpful in the end and that was all that really mattered to them right now. As the AI examined them, they both tried to stay strong. Alene would flinch anytime the AI 'poked' or 'prodded' her, especially when it drew blood. Ryan would try to comfort his wife by lightly squeezing her hand just to remind her that he was there with her. Alene seemed to be responsive to his touch, her cold hand would squeeze his back. He had a higher pain tolerance. Nonetheless the couple was barely hanging on. Eventually, even the captain was brought out on his stretcher, still unconscious.

At the drones request the only two doctors aboard presented themselves, already with their hands full of samples. It was Lily and Shied. Both doctors seemed to be prepared to assist the drones. Lily would explain to one drone each medicine and what it was used for. She also explained the process or making each medication or drug or even vaccine. Lily was very knowledgeable about each thing she presented the drone with, including side effects and observances with drug abuse. She also made sure to inform the drone of the medicine they were running low on and who needed what drug and at what time, if necessary. She gave the drone a data chip that had detailed information of all diseases, viruses, illnesses and even allergies. The chip also enclosed cures, info on drugs and every medicine on record. The chip also included more info about their biology and anatomy.

Shied was the same way, except he took on the task of informing the other drone on the machinery they had to accomplish some medical treatments. He even provided a data chip with extensive research and intell on all devices ever created and or worked on the Quicksilver. He was even able to provide smaller gadgets that the drones could take, use and analyze at their own will. Both Shied and Lily could talk forever about each and every product they presented the drones with, however they tried to get to the point fairly quickly and keep it simple for now. Should either drone have a question or request then either doctor could answer to the best of their abilities.

Jericho had watched as his people seemed to slowly start to relax, more and more relieved that this AI was helping them out. "Wow... You sure do work amazingly fast..." He commented to the drone, looking around and noticing some other drones distributing water and... some kind of substance that he could only assume was food. "I don't know, I think most of the crew is already settling down- quickly, thanks to your help. But I'll go ahead and initiate the sleep/rest protocol. I bet everyone is exhausted." Jericho pulled up his watch, moving through a couple of panels before pressing a button. One second later the watched around him beeped and their lights flickered, signalling that it was 'night hours'. Regardless if people actually stayed up, the protocol was meant to inform everyone that it was safe to rest now.

"There we go. I've initiated the protocol, so everyone should settle down now." Jericho actually yawned, stretching his arms above his head. "Alright, Kai, bring it on. We can talk." He was sure no one would bother him unless it was very important. Even then, it was 'night' hours so unless someone was dying- which was a possibility- or if they were being attacked, there was no need to bother him. Besides, Jericho was sure everyone could talk it out among themselves. "We can discuss privately or with the populous, I don't mind either way. You can even pick the location if you'd like."

But then Jericho tugged on the suit he was wearing, realizing that he was still in his rather tight suit. At that moment he decided he would change back into his comfortable clothes. "Maybe going somewhere just a little more private would be convenient- Hold up, I'll be right back." Jericho said before suddenly taking off. He headed for his pod, quickly running inside and grabbing what he was looking for before returning to the drone. "Now I'm, more or less, ready." He said, holding a bag over his shoulder that contained his change of clothes.

After the medical drones gathered enough data. Kai spoke to the doctors: "I've prepared a space for operations. Please accompany the drones to supervise the procedure" The two drones then picked up the injured couple each with a tractor beam, making them float effortlessly in midair, moving them to a room nearby.

In the meantime Kai prepared another room for him to have a private conversation with Jericho while he went away, and wondered what would be the reason behind his rather abrupt departure. While Kai had complete knowledge of Jericho's every move he was still ignorant of the reasoning behind it, and that didn't change one bit even after Kai returned with a bag of clothing. But then again, Kai's knowledge of human (according to medical data the name their specie refer to themselves) culture and behavior. In any case Kai concluded it's probably not important at this moment.

"Good, now please follow the probe." Kai said as he lead Jericho along with the probe to a room adjacent to the hanger bay. "This used to be where the crew would put on their protection gear before exiting the vessel. It should be a suitable space for now."

Kai paused for a moment and continued: "I asked you here because I want to learn what was the purpose for your travel. Were you on an expedition to find new home? Or were you trying to go to a specific place? Either way I'm willing to offer assistance but the methods may vary. For instance if it's a new home you were searching then I'll help you search for a habitable planet. If you wish to go home, then I'll likely need any navigational data you had to compare it with my database."

Following the probe without much thought, Jericho was lead to a smaller room. After listening to Kai's explanation of what the room was used for, even before it was explained to him, Jericho understood what it was used for. There was some small part of him that considered the possibility that the AI would open the hatch- but the thought was brief. Other than that Jericho didn't really think much else about it. Actually, he was more relieved than anything that he had a moment of peace and quiet. He hadn't expected to act as captain today.

The blond male actually chose to sit on the ground, crossed his legs in front of him while setting his back to the left of him. The AI regarded his concerns regarding the destination of the crew. Jericho thought about it for a moment before coming up with an answer. "Hmmn, well... We were headed for a galaxy we humans like to call 'Jyu'. There's a star at it's center and ten other planets that orbit it. To be honest we're not even close to our destination, if I had a guess we probably a year- or two away." His brows furrowed as he thought about it. "Although now I haven't the slightest clue how long it will take- nor which to even suggest we go... And I'm the navigator, so that's kind of sad, as it's my job to know where we're at."

"I'm the navigator among other things, which means I tell the ship which way to go, read the maps and so on... I was going to take my break and switch off with Mika. I went to go get something from the upper deck, heck, I can't remember what it was... But I decided to check up on the grid and saw that it wasn't right. Long story short we were flying blindly into uncharted territory and ran right into an asteroid belt. So that's kind of how we ended up here." Jericho explained while looking at the probe. It was strange but having something to look at... Or 'company'? Was better to talk to than just hearing the AI's voice. And after giving Kai it's name, he felt like he was almost talking to another person. "Since we're in an unidentified system, I couldn't tell you which way to go that would lead us 'home'."

"I'll have to discuss it further with the rest of the crew... I think most will want to find a galaxy that humans have colonized. That's something we can discuss after we get some rest." So it appeared that they might be stranded for a while... So they might as well make the best out of it. Jericho started tugging on his suit. First, he pulled off his gloves. Then Jericho undid a seal, followed by a couple buttons and then a zipper. Finally the front of his suit was undone. Next, he started to tug on the end of the suit, seemingly to have slight difficulty- up until he was able to pull his arm out. Jericho moved on to the next arm, this time it was easy to pull his other arm out. "...way too tight..." Jericho complained under his breath. Now the suit was half off, hanging low on his waist.

Jericho had various scars on him. Two were located on his left forearm, both about an inch long. One was on his chest, exactly three inches above his left nipple and four inches long. One scar was going down his right bicep, it was three and one sixths of an inch long. A five inch scar was located on midriff. There was two scars on his back, one located over his shoulder blade, the other was located on his lower back, both were approximately two or so inches each. Of course Jericho also had a scar running at a diagonal on his thigh that was about four inches long, there was a scar on his calf muscle too, however neither could be seen at that moment. If it wasn't evident already, Jericho was totally naked in his suit. Yep, Jericho went commando...

"Hmmn... I suppose it's already too late to ask if you cared that I change out of my suit... If you don't mind then I'll resume what I was doing. " Jericho said thoughtfully out loud. "But... then again, I am sure that you can see everywhere inside the vessel, am I right?" If that was the case then there was no sense on 'hiding' or trying to be decent about his etiquette. He still wasn't even sure if Kai had 'feelings' and even if he did he couldn't be sure that they were the same as humans. There were many things he didn't know about the ship and there was equally as many things he was curious about. Most of which he was sure he would learn very quickly... But for now, Jericho had to unleash his curiosity... one question at a time.

"So... I'm curious- well, always curious actually, but... Do you..." He hesitated and tilted his head, "Have a physical form? Seems like a strange question to ask an AI..." He pat the wall behind him, "I mean, you are the vessel... So I guess that counts... But you're also the probes and drones?" He sounded unsure and that's why he was asking. He wanted to try to explain his thought process the best he could, "...kind of like... For example, if you had a 'human form' what would you look like? Do you even have a form like that? Maybe aliens don't think about that. I guess there's a high possibility that you're... Well you, the vessel that controls drones and stuff." There was a chuckle that escaped him, "I don't know, I'm kind of rambling."

After listening Jericho recounting the day he had, Kai replied: "Of course. It's probably best if you discuss the matter with the rest of your crew. Or perhaps after that 'captain' of yours wake up. You shouldn't rush to conclusions before we actually compare star charts. Perhaps you're closer to home than you assumed? In any case all that can wait after all of you have got some rest. It must have been a exhausting day for you, but you should be proud that by leading your people here you've saved them from being helplessly stranded in space."

Kai was surprised when Jericho began to strip down his tight space suit. To be frank after all the scans as well as the medical data from the doctors, Kai had a pretty good idea about human anatomy, not to mention he was conducting operations on the injured couple elsewhere at the same moment. That being said it was still strange to "see" Jericho's naked body through its optic sensors. It was also at that moment he confirmed the various scar tissues across Jericho's body, as he previously suspected they were the result of the suit interfering with his scans. While Kai can only speculate the life Jericho had before he arrived at this point, those scars proved it must have been a life filled with hardship and struggle.

"Of course I don't mind. Please feel free to make yourself comfortable however you want. As for your questions, it is true that I'm aware of everything within the ship since it's necessary to keep the ship as well as the crews' condition in check. But those with proper security clearance can temporarily shut down surveillance in specific areas. Regrettably such clearances were linked to the genetic signatures of my creators.

Kai thought about what Jericho said next and replied: "You are correct in the sense that this entire ship as well as all the drones are my 'physical form'. If you want to be more specific then the AI mainframe would be where I physically resides." Kai paused for a second and continued: "Will it be more beneficial if I have a more....'human', appearance? Will that make our communication smoother? If so I think I can create a humanoid projection as my.... 'avatar', so to speak. Would you want me to show it to you now?"

"Actually, it was just a gamble to come here. I'd say we were pretty lucky that you were not hostile towards us. If you hadn't have been so generous, I'm sure we'd be wondering around about now." Jericho could imagine how everyone would still be panicked and stressed out- not that they weren't... But at least everyone seemed to be more calm aboard the vessel. A ship was better than a pod when it came to protection, or at least that's what Jericho thought. Another thing that he was beginning to understand through listening and watching the AI's actions, was that it was incredibly understanding and sympathetic despite being a 'robot'. "You're really something, you know that?"

The fact that Kai could understand that he would need to discuss such an important topic with his crew was a relief. He also noted how patient Kai was. Jericho hoped the AI could also be tolerant as he was well aware that humans sometimes could be very pestering. "I'll make sure to find the most detailed star map that I can find for you after I sleep." And once he got 'confirmation' that he could continue, Jericho did just that. "I suppose there's not really any sense on trying to be 'decent' around an AI that can see any and everywhere. " Not that he actually cared as he wasn't the type to really be all that self conscious about his body. "Hmmn... But there is a way to turn off the surveillance? And by 'regrettably', are you saying that only your creators could access that kind of clearance? No one can simply ask for privacy?"

As he asked those last couple of questions he was in the middle of pulling his legs out of the suit. He had to pull out one foot at a time before he was finally free of the suit and very much naked. However Jericho didn't really seemed bothered by this. In fact, the moment Kai had said that he could make himself 'comfortable' he did. Quite frankly if he could, he just sit there naked. After wearing the suits he always felt the need to be naked for a while. Although he decided against it because he had to go see his crew again, that, and he knew some of them would yell at him for being indecent. And so, Jericho reluctantly started to pull on some clothes. He pulled on his shirt first.

Engaging in conversation with a ship was interesting for Jericho. Never would have thought he'd actually be able to talk to one. Being a ship lover instead of a planet lover had it's perks as well as its downfalls. In this moment however, Jericho felt good about himself and that he was able to communicate with a foreign ship. He seriously wanted to learn the most he could while he had this great opportunity. A vessel with such nice specs... He bet he could make any other navigator jealous with this story, he was sure. Then again Jericho could often be an antisocial person. Hence the reason he'd rather be in a ship than out and about on a planet. He thought about it while he pulled on his underwear and socks. He had a habit of putting on his clothes in no particular order except for underwear first.

Jericho was just pulling up his pants when Kai finished talking about his physical form, even asking about creating an 'avatar'. The blond couldn't help the enthusiastic grin that formed on his face. "I wouldn't say necessarily that it would be better... Although I'd say humans feel better when they can make eye contact with who they are speaking to." Jericho said thoughtfully before continuing, "But hell yeah I would like to see your avatar. Seeing the vessel personified is something I could only dream about." There was no hesitation in Jericho's reply. He simply was intrigued by nearly everything about the vessel, the AI, Kai. There was even a look in his eyes, one that seemed to make them lite up with curiosity, along with a passionate flame for space ships that just kept growing.

Kai responded to Kai's inquiries: "As my creators used to say, 'what CAN go wrong WILL go wrong, especially in space.' Thus it's essential to keep surveillance everywhere at all times. While there were indeed complaints for the lack of privacy and occasional such down of surveillance in certain areas back when this ship first departed, as time went by such requests ceased with the crew became more and more accustomed to my presence at all times. There was little reason to since they never have to worry about their personal data being leaked or used inappropriately."

As the conversation went on Jericho had stripped down his clothes completely, and was now sitting on the floor completely naked. Kai remarked that the situation was reminiscent to some of the visual files he'd found in many of the humans' personal devices, specifically recordings of human nudity in various poses. From statistical data he concluded that this scene in front of him could be classified as "aesthetically pleasing" or even "sexually arousing" by human standards. Such things are often subjective and thus difficult to understand for a being like him, so he always tried to analyze it and understand the appeal. Thus when Jericho began to put on new clothing it was almost...regrettable.

Kai wondered the point of the entire process, of taking off the space suit and putting on new, obviously less protective ones. After a quick scan of Jericho's condition he quickly realized the human is now more relaxed, his respiration smoother, and concluded that the design of that space suit though much more secure, must be less comfortable. Perhaps he could produce gears that provide more protection while maintaining comfort for the humans? Kai immediately put the project into his research sub-routines.

"One moment please" Kai said after hearing Jericho's reply, shortly after a small slid opened on the surface of the probe, and a beam of light shot out, quickly forming a life-like human form: a young male of average height wearing a luxurious looking red coat and a fancy hat; pale skin; silver long hair tied into a pigtail at the back; neat, clean facial features; and a pair of blueish green eyes. The figure turned to look at Jericho and smiled: "I took inspiration from various entertainment programs in the personal devices of your people, mixing the image of several guide and companion figures while adding a few modifications of my own.... Is this appearance agreeable to you?"

• 2 weeks later...

Jericho was all too aware of the 'old' saying and was actually amused that Kai's creators also knew of such a phrase. While he himself saw no issue with the high security, he figured there might be some opposition to the thought with some of the other crew members. In the current moment, Jericho wasn't all that worried about it. They would cross that line when it came up for all he cared. For all he knew they could be stuck there for a couple weeks? Months? Year or two? His guess was as good as any. Nonetheless, Jericho wasn't exactly in a rush to get off this vessel any time soon, both for lack of resources and for his own personal reasons. To put it bluntly, Jericho loved being on ships of any kind and to be on an alien vessel was like a dream come true... So much to learn and explore...

"I suppose if people don't have to worry about their 'personal' information being leaked or used inappropriately, then I could see how easily functional this will be. Personally, I see no harm in having an AI watch over us. Hopefully it will keep some of my crew members from doing stupid shit." If anything Kai was more of an aid than a threat and that's how Jericho saw the AI. Helpful in their time of need. Therefore with that being said, he was willing to comply with having the AI watch over him- and the rest of his crew. No problem at all. As he thought about how helpful the AI was, he was pulling on his shirt.

He moved a little quicker when Kai confirmed his wish to see his avatar. Jericho shifted his weight, rotating himself so that he was sitting on his legs while facing the probe. His eyes watched closely as a little hatch thingy opened and a beam of light shot out of it. Right before his eyes formed a 'person'. He took in everything Kai said while absorbing what- who was in front of him. Jericho's expression didn't hide how in awe he was for the AI's avatar. "You're... Highly adaptable..." His right hand went to his hair, combing through it while he said, "Not bad Kai... Not bad at all." As per usual, since he got here, he was absolutely amazed- and shocked with how quickly Kai was able to come up with such a thing. Not to mention that he was fairly... attractive- or so Jericho thought. He had to remind himself that it was an AI.

Finally, Jericho let out a chuckle, a smile forming on his face before he said, "You look good, Kai, so yeah... I think that avatar is agreeable." And then he slowly got up, curiosity pulling at him and tell him to get a closer look. He gave Kai the old head-to-toe look as he examined him closer. "What else can you do..?" The question was asked rather softly, mostly out of curiosity of course. "And what can't you do?" He paused briefly before continuing, "Hmmn... Maybe those are too ambiguous of questions..." As much as he wanted to clarify what he meant... He was also unsure of himself of what he was asking for...

Even more confusing was the fact that he wasn't sure if that question was for the vessel- or for the AI himself. It was... both..? But certainly leaning more towards one over the other. Jericho let out a sigh, figuring it might be best to head to bed already. Pondering something like this when he was exhausted was probably making him saying random things. "Hmmmn..." Jericho started to yawn, bringing his arms above his head to stretch. "I think I'll go to sleep now..." His eyes lingered on the AI a little bit longer as he leaned over to grab the suit he just took off. Quickly and with some haste, he shoved the suit into the bag he brought without much thought.

After making sure that he got everything, Jericho made his way out of the room and started heading for the pods. Mostly everyone there was already asleep. Jericho stopped by his pod, going inside for a few minutes. While inside he put his suit away and then grabbed his 'bed'- which was actually like a sleeping bag and a pillow - and made his way out of the pod. It was too cramped in there for his liking. "I hope you don't mind, but I wasn't going to sleep in the pods. It's too cramped in there." He said to Kai as he was already headed for a spot that looked decent enough to sleep. He laid the sleeping bag out and promptly crawled into it. With a sigh of relief, Jericho closed his eyes. He inhaled deeply before saying, "Good night." to Kai.

Kai listened to Jericho's comments and noticed the gaze of Jericho on his holographic avatar. While he couldn't be completely sure of how Jericho perceived him, judging from the man's reaction Kai figured he was successful in his creation, if not for all the humans then at least this form seem to meet Jericho's expectations. With a smile Kai replied: "I'm glad that you find this image to be agreeable. Frankly I still have much to learn when it comes to human ideas of aesthetics. Perhaps you can give me more insights regarding the subject? At your convenience of course."

As Jericho continued to stare at his avatar, Kai was also, in a manner if speaking, staring back. Not through the "eyes" of his immaterial projection of course, but through all the sensors he had on the drone as well as in the room. He noticed a slight increase in heartbeat as well as a few other minor changes in Jericho, most likely resulting from his great interest in the ship's technology. It was rather remarkable that after everything the human has been through, he was still so enthusiastic about it all. That being said it was clear that the adrenaline which kept Jericho active this far is running out, made evident by the rather adorable yawn coming out from the young man.

"Yes it's probably best if you get some rest." Kai said as he accompanied Jericho out of the room and back to the hanger area. With most of the human crew already asleep he didn't bother turn off the hologram nor try to reintroduce himself to the rest of the crew. He waited outside the probe while Jericho went into to get his sleeping bag, and once the human came out he followed him to the spot Jericho choose to settle down, and answered as the man laid down: "Good night Jericho. Have a good dream."

Once Jericho closed his eyes Kai turned off the hologram, and the probe returned to its storage area for recharge. The lighting of the hanger bay area dimed down as if the ship had also fell asleep. But obviously Kai was perfectly awake, in fact his systems has not been so active like this ever since the last of its creators died out. The medical drones were still working along with the human doctors operating on the injured couple; elsewhere the construction drones were working tirelessly modifying rooms in residential areas to suit human biology; the factory area was producing food and other supplies; and its system was analysing all the data he gathered about human culture and behavior.

A few hours later the operation was over. While the female survived the male didn't make it. After discussing with the doctors they agreed to keep the bad news hidden until morning. Kai wondered how would Jericho react to it once he awake.

The last thought Jericho had was a brief one. He considered the idea of talking to Kai about human 'aesthetics'. Honestly, he wouldn't know where to begin because he himself had quite the different view on 'aesthetics' compared to most of his crew members... Perhaps he would humor the AI later about it... Maybe... And that was as far as that thought got before Jericho practically passed out from exhaustion. He was out like a light and it wouldn't be until several hours later before he would wake up.

"I... I- I feel so bad for her..." Cried Nova softly, clutching and holding onto her wife tightly- well, as tightly as she could while being six and a half months pregnant. Her wife also had tears in her eyes but she quickly wiped them away. "Me too... I don't know what I would have done if it were you... Or the baby." Glenn said, trying to keep herself together, especially in front of her pregnant wife.

This 'mornings' news was grim. Ryan's death was taken heavily among the crew and Alene who recently woke up from her surgery had been in a constant state of tears. Yet another death took its toll on the crew. There was a somber, depressing vibe that filled nearly every heart of every crew member. Some grieved through tears while others liked to drink their sorrows away. Ryan's death, with everything that occurred 'yesterday' seemed to bring everyone down. On top of it all the captain had yet to wake. In the midst of it all, Jericho was still asleep. No one really paid it any mind because of what happened yesterday. However, it usually lied with the captain, Glenn or even Mika to lay down the news. He was an important member of the crew who had yet to know of the tragedy.

Seeing how Mika had disappeared somewhere- since yesterday? - Glenn took it upon herself to wake Jericho. She detached herself from her wife, not without stealing a kiss, and looked around. She figured that Jericho wouldn't sleep in the pods and it didn't surprise her when she found him huddled up in his sleeping bag. Upon finding Jericho, he looked like a caterpillar all tucked into his sleeping bag like that... "Jeez... You're such a kid, Jericho." She mumbled with a shake of her head. The women bent over, crouched down and started to shake him. "Jericho... Hey, it's way past noon! You haven't eaten and-" Her nose crinkled up, "You need a shower. Get up, Mr. Lazy!"

After a moment of shaking Jericho he finally began to stir. "Hmmn?" Jericho's eyes fluttered open as he slowly sat up, the sleeping bag going with him. "What..." His eyes furrowed as if confused by what was happening. "What's going on, Glenn?"

"Gee... You really are a caterpillar..." Glenn said with a sigh, "Jericho..." She said softly, and he looked her in the eyes. "Ryan didn't make it... Alene just woke up about an hour or so ago." Jericho had made the move to get up, however due to his sleeping bag and due to Glenn pushing him back down he was not successful. "Ah- ah! Jericho, I prohibit you from seeing her until you take care of yourself first. You can't go dying on us, you hear? Without the captain awake, some are losing their nerve and will. We need you, I need you to pull yourself together, alright?" She said before ruffling his head. "You've got some serious bedhead, please go clean yourself up, eat and then you can see Alene. Bath or shower, I don't care, but Jericho, sweety, you need it. Are we clear?"

Jericho groaned and sighed before answering, "What are you? My mom?"

There was a small chuckle that escaped Glenn before she stood up and with a wink she said, "I could never be your mom. Your mom... She must have been some special lady to have such a... unique son." She teased lightly. "Do... you need help getting out?" Glenn asked once she saw him struggle to get out of his sleeping bag. After receiving a nod she leaned over and helped pull Jericho out of the sleeping bag. The design of these bags didn't always make it easy to get out of... Especially if you were someone like Jericho, who could be a klutz when they first woke up.

As the hours went by people gradually began to wake up, and the doctors broke the bad news to them. Understandingly the hanger bay became shrouded in an air of sadness and depression, except for the one man curling inside his sleeping bag like a giant caterpillar. But that last haven of calm and tranquility was also broken when Glenn woke Jericho up. Seeing this on the surveillance cameras Kai sent out one of the drones to greet Jericho as he got up. The metallic drone flew towards the two and the voice of Kai came out:

"Good morning Jericho, Glenn. My condolences... I'm sorry I couldn't save Mr Ryan... What sort of funeral rituals do humans have? I'll gladly help with any particular arrangements. " Kai said as his holographic avatar was formed, but instead of the red coat he was shown wearing yesterday he was shown in all black, holding his hat to the chest and bowing slightly. Noticing the surprised expression on Glenn Kai turned to look at her and explained: "We had a little talk yesterday and thought it would be more helpful for you to communicate with me if I have a more human appearance. I hope this appearance is acceptable for you? Speaking of communication..."

Kai turned back to Jericho and said: "I've retrofitted 30 rooms last night for your people to stay in" As he spoke Kai extended his palm and a small 3d model of the room appeared in his hand. He continued: "It consists of two beds, two pair of desks and chairs, a storage compartment for your personal goods, and an independent bathroom. I've also installed charging stations compatible with your personal devices. I refrained from making more rooms since I'm not entirely certain of your people's accommodation preferences, but I think it's best to at least let some of your people settle down, then we can talk about more specific requests."

Upon his awakening Jericho was not only 'greeted' by Glenn but also by Kai. It was kind of nice. "Oh, hey, Kai. Morning." And after hearing Kai apologize Jericho shook his head. "No, thank you... I'm sure you really helped the doctors out. So what you did was impeccable considering that you just met our species. I'm quite thankful that we have you on our side. Your help is without a doubt the very definition of helpful." Of course when Kai revealed a human avatar, Glenn was speechless and Jericho was even surprised at the change of 'clothes'. "You're awfully creative and up-to-date."

Finally, after listening to Kai's report regarding the 30 extra rooms, Jericho's expression was that of disbelief. "What? You seriously did all of that in a night?" He asked in awe. "That's absolutely incredible- Er... I know I keep saying that, but nonetheless, you never fail to impress, Kai." And what convenience this was! From what he could tell, these rooms would be exceptional and very fitting for his people... Or at least for those who wanted to move in. "Hey, mind if I take a room then? Hmmn, can I live by myself or would you recommend that I room with someone? Because if it's okay, I like to have my own room, please." He paused in thought for a moment. "Hmmnn... I suppose I'll have the people from Pod 4 have priority considering that their pod has sustained damage..."

The moment Kai appeared before Glenn was also the moment she was in awe... However after listening and seeing what was happening between the two... She wasn't sure she liked it. Because while she was amazed that the AI had a personified form, she had a hunch and was more or less upset if Jericho was acting like she thought he was. Mentally, she had made the assumption that Jericho had requested a form such as this on purpose. Glenn had no doubts that Jericho probably had impure thoughts... for an AI of all things. She elbowed Jericho, clearing her throat before stating, "You're such a pervert, Jericho. Listen up Kai, don't let this fool force you to do perverted things. And Jericho, I advise you not to taint this innocent AI with your fantasies, ya hear?"

Jericho flinched and then tilted his head, "B-but I didn't, I swear. I've done nothing wrong. You can ask Kai, he'll tell you. Jeez."

Glenn folded her arms across her chest before continuing, "Mmm-hmm... Alright... Alright... Anyway... I wouldn't mind taking a room as well. I'll share a room with my wife, Nova. She's expecting a baby so we'll definitely need the space. I'll pack up right away and inform Nova." She said before giving Jericho a look once more, then glanced over at Kai. "Nice avatar, Kai." And with that she left, making her way over to her wife again.

That left Jericho more or less alone with Kai again. "I'll never fully understand women..." He muttered softly under his breath before turning his attention back to Kai. "Say, lead me to a room, I'll just take a shower there. The pods come with a limited supply of water anyway. You said there were bathrooms, does that include a bath or shower, too?" As he started to talk, he bent over, picking up all of his stuff he had with him currently and packed it up. When he was done he stood up straight, "In any case, lead the way. I'm excited to see one of these rooms in person."

From the reaction he observed it was clear that Jericho was satisfied with the design of the rooms, which was of great relief to Kai. After all his creators lived quite differently from the humans, so coming up with proper furniture and other facilities were challenging to say the least. Just recreating the conditions in those escape pods certainly wouldn't help. Luckily he had data from the humans' personal devices and saw what their normal dwellings looked like, or at least how they were portrayed in the videos.

After hearing Jericho's request Kai replied "I'm glad you find the rooms suitable, and of course you can have a single room. Since all of the rooms were made with modular components it's actually very easy for me to re-adjust them. For instance." Kai paused and showed the small 3d model of the double room again, as if taking a jigsaw puzzle apart the room was suddenly separated in the middle. After a wall emerged from the floor making the two halves became really independent. Then a new door and a new bathroom were added to the half without one. "And there you have it. Now we have 29 double rooms and two single rooms."

As the conversation went on Kai noticed Glenn's gaze was getting....strange, for lack of a better word. He could understand surprise or suspicion, but what he saw in Glenn's eyes was different. After listening to what Jericho and Glenn said Kai smiled and responded: "I assure you that Jericho didn't force me into anything. If this avatar just so happens to fit Jericho' personal taste then, well, it's a pleasant coincidence."

Once Glenn left however Kai turned to look at Jericho and smiled: "That being said, if you have any specific requests about this avatar, or anything in general, feel free to ask. After all, I am aware of the...how should I put it...biological urges? your species have. If you could help me gather data on the subject it would be very helpful indeed."

At the same time Kai sent out several more probes to greet the crowd and explain the situation of the rooms. As expected they got excited, and one after another began to ask questions and make requests. Meanwhile the probe beside Jericho shot out an tractor beam and took Jericho's luggage from him. "Allow me to carry those for you. Now let's go." Kai smiled as he lead the way. After walking for a few minutes they quickly reached what looked like a tram station, with a cart waiting to be boarded. The cart looked like a massive metallic capsule with a door on its side, and within there were several rolls of seats. Kai turned to Jericho and said: "It's a bit far to walk from here so I suggest we use the tram system. I've installed seats suitable for human use."

Kai lead Jericho into the cart and smiled as he "sat down" on one of the chairs: "Please have a seat." and gestured to let Jericho sit beside him. The door closed as Jericho sat down and the cart began to move, quickly accelerating. Yet despite its high speed there seemed to be no inertia inside the cart. Kai figured Jericho might get interested by it so he explained: "A force field around the capsule prevent any discomfort the acceleration may cause."

A few moments later the cart stopped and soon they arrived at the residential area. The place was similar to the white hallway where Jericho first entered the ship, but there were many doors interrupting its sterile looking walls, 31 to be exact. Kai lead Jericho to one of the doors and smiled: "This is your room."

The door opened and the lights turned on, illuminating the small room. The drone flew in and set down Jericho's luggage on the bed, simultaneously a door at the side opened revealing the washroom. "Currently it comes with a standard shower. If you prefer I can get a bath instead?"

• Saga locked this topic