Fallen Petals {For Gladis}

MrSadisticNight

"No." He said in response to Tatsuya's second question, but then reconsidered. What common sense? Did he even have any to begin with? He'd already established that any normal person would have tried to run at this point. Larkin, on the other hand, had not only not... tried to leave, he'd even obliged with Tatusya's commands. Where was the common sense in that. "I don't know. Not as disgusting as I t-thought it would be..." He said contenplatively.

Larkin blinked when Tatsuya was the one to kiss him this time, though didn't protest. A soft, involuntary gasp escaped him as he felt the other boy bite into his lower lip, his hand curling against the fabric of his pants. It was hot. He didn't want to admit it, but it was. He was still terribly nervous, but part of him had definitely enjoyed it. Perhaps because he'd been allowed to initiate it, as opposed to just grabbing him to do whatever he wanted. He needed time to get used to these kinds of things. Maybe then he could actually get used to it. Kissing, after all, hadn't been quite so bad.

And then suddenly everything seemed to go in completely the wrong direction again.

"S-stay here? You mean forever?" He asked wearily, a look of uncertainty crossing his features. "I-I..." How was he even supposed to make a choice like that?! Obviously he couldn't stay there forever. He needed to go home sooner or later. It was a look of utter distress that overtook his features. Nervously he started pulling at the red bracelet.

"I'm sorry, b-but I don't think I could do that. I-I wouldn't mind visiting you every once in a while, though..." he said carefully, getting up.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrSadisticNight

• Gladis

Angry or upset wouldn't be the right words to describe the feelings deep inside of Tatsuya. It was more of a displeased feeling and his face showed it. His eye brows lifted and he rubbed his temples clearly trying not to blow up at the boy. After about thirty seconds he looks Larkin dead in they eyes, a tight smile on his face.

"Hmm. It's a real shame you showed such progress and yet you let what few connections to the outside world control you. I was going to go easy on you, do my best not to kill you but now I guess..."

Tatsuya reaches forward hooking his index finger and middle finger in the dolls nose pulling him in such a way that if the boy did not follow his nose would probably rip or something would break. He draggs the boy one door over into a cramped, dark, and musty room. He shuts the door behind them and finally let's go of Larkin's nose.

"We're going to have to do this the hard way. Try to be strong kid I wouldn't want you dying on me now. That would be a waste. You are such a cute human even if I give up on you someone would be willing to pay top dollar for you. Since this is where you will be staying for a while, you will notice that the wall behind you is hollow don't try to get in that room, I'll take you there when I'm good and ready. I'm going to lock you in here for a bit, I need to run to the market real quick. No need to fret Larkin, you won't stay in here all the time, just in certain circumstances. Now be a good boy and don't waist your voice screaming for help, no one will hear you."

Tatsuya backs out of the room and locks the door behind him. Yes he was thoroughly upset at the fact that he had to lock up the kid but he made that choice to leave even though Tatsuya said that he wasn't going to let the smaller boy leave. After that process he walks out of the house heading back to the alleyway from earlier.

Larkin waited for Tatsuya's reply in silence, afraid of what might come. The youth had of course told him he didn't intend to let him leave earlier, but Larkin hadn't thought he meant forever. Trying to make him trade off his mother and home for a relationship he wasn't even sure he wanted was just cruel. And yet that was exactly what the other was pushing to do. He was toying with him like a child with her doll. Doll. He recalled their conversation from earlier. About the words doll and pet being used in relation to humans. It seemed that was exactly what he saw him as. His personal property, an object – not a living person. He respected his wishes only when it suited him. In his mind, this all just had to be some twisted game. That was becoming more and more apparent, and so were his intentions.

The brown haired youth let out a surprised yelp when suddenly Tatsuya hooked his fingers into his nostrils of all things, once again starting to drag him along. Larkin had no choice but to follow. He could feel that sting of tears in his eyes. Up until now he'd been doing his best to keep himself together, trying to be brave. It was hard. His heart raced and his head spun. Why did he talk about scary things such as killing him? Surely he didn't intend to...

The room they arrived in was small and dark and cramped, and it carried a strange scent too. The kind of scent that stings in your nostrils and makes your eyes tear up. Not that he needed any help with the latter. He was trembling, the thought of being locked up in there for only god knew how long terrifying him. And that was indeed what happened.

He jumped at the sound of the door falling shut, plunging him into complete darkness. There were no windows and as far as he could tell no light switches either. His only source of illumination was the dim light slipping through the cracks between the frame and the door. He reached out, trying the handle, but of course the door was locked. Tracing his hands along the wall, he tried to at least find a light switch, which he eventually did, but flipping it made no difference. He proceeded to try and find another way out, but there was nothing. He wanted nothing rather than go home, or at least leave this claustrophobia inducing hellhole. It had been a long time since he'd felt so helpless, so isolated, so afraid. He felt like a small child again. A lost child drowning in a sea of hopelessness. He gave up. Tracing his hand along the wall until he'd located one of the rooms corners, he slid down alongside the wall, huggging his legs tightly to his chest as salty tears spilled onto his cheeks. Soft sobs escaped his lips, and his shoulders shook with reaction.

Never before had he felt so terrified, and so uncertain of his future.

An hour and a half pass, in that time managed to pick up a few good items, mostly produce and two small white boxes. Though he may have watched Larkin every moment he could, he never saw the young man eat; so unknowing what the kid liked he chopped up apples, pears, and peaches. He put them all in there selective bowls and just leaves them there for the moment. He grabs one of the white boxes, it was about the size of a ring box but the item inside was far from a ring, it was a small, pale pink flower shaped pin; in the center a ruby red piece of glass. After checking that the pin wasn't broken he moved on to the other box, it was about the size of his hand and it was about as thick as a hundred page book. Inside there was a black choker with small metal decals. Satisfied he went to check on Larkin.

With a small click the small rooms door was unlocked but never opened. Tatsuya understood that if he forced Larkin out that it would make both of there situations get even worce so he just stood there by the door waiting to see if the boy will open the door or if he even heard it.

"Hey, uhh, kid. I know you hate me right now but if you come out we can talk, you can eat, and I'll take you home. That is what you wanted right?" He sighs as he waits for a response. Thinking that the kid won't ever come out with him around he gets to convince Larkin to come out one more time. "I'm sorry I was so rough with you when I put you in there, I felt like I had no other choice because I knew you were going to leave the moment I let my guard down or left to grab something. So please come out, I want to talk to you before your mother gets here."

Tatsuya had to remind himself that letting Larkin go will help him in the long run. No matter how many times he told that to himself, he hated the feeling of lettingbyiur loved one walk away.

Larkin didn't know how much time had passed. There was no way for him to tell. The room was too dark for him to be able to tell what his wrist watch said and he didn't have his phone. It was in his backpack which unconvinently enough was still in Tatsuya's bedroom. If he'd had it, maybe he would have called for help. Or would he? Whom would he even call? His mother? Larkin didn't want to worry her, and calling the police was out of the question. He was only just barely able to make an appointment at the dentist, how would be be able to handle talking to the police? Still, at least he would have felt like he was able to do something. As it was, all that was left for him was to wait. Eventually he stopped crying, but time kept on passing torturously slowly. When he finally heard the door unlock and shortly thereafter Tatsuya's voice, he couldn't tell whether he felt dread or relief. Maybe a bit of both. But then there was something else too. A rare feeling that perplexed him even more than the other two.

He was pissed. No, upset. Maybe pissed and upset.

The nerve of that guy... Larkin got up from the floor, his eyes still red and puffy and his voice a bit hoarse from all the crying. He stomped over to the door, slamming it open and without thinking, slapped the young man hard across the cheek.

"Idiot!" He snapped, still feeling the sting from the impact on his hand. Realizing what he'd done, his eyes widened and he stumbled a few steps back. Oops... he hadn't meant to it him. At least not that hard. His lower lip wobbled and his vision became blurry. He was crying again.

"H-how could you lock me in there!" He exclaimed, exasperated. "It was terrifying! I c-couldn't even turn o-on the lights!" He was shaking, looking like he was about to have a complete breakdown. Very few had ever heard him raise his voice this much. "Maybe people wouldn't w-want to run away from you if you actually started treating them like people! You have a mouth, start using it. Ask if it's okay to touch them or bite their neck or whatever else, don't just do it. A-and if they tell you no respect it!" Larkin couldn't believe that he out of all people was lecturing someone else on how to function as a normal human being in any kind of social situation. He sniffed, using his arm to wipe his tears but to no avail. They just kept coming.

"I-I can't even tell if you're doing this intentionally or really c-can't help yourself. But it's awful so stop." He tugged at the red string, yapping for air as he tried to calm down. He couldn't breathe properly, still too upset. Then he froze.

"M-my mom, coming here?"

Larkin didn't know how to feel about that. He was afraid Tatsuya might hurt her or something. Biting down on his lower lip, he managed to stop crying for a moment.

"Why?"

"Yeah I deserve that. I forget not every one likes places like that. Im going to be honest with you so ask any question you want, I'll be honest and tell you the answer."

Knowing that he had royally fucked up, Tatsuya offered the only thing he knew could regain trust, honesty. With that he explained how some of his actions were of his own doing and how others were of lack of controll, that the lines were blurred so at that point even he had no idea if what he was doing was of his own fruition. With the fear that Larkin was going to leave or push him away he kept his hands to himself, the only contact they have would be initiated by the younger man.

"You wanted to go home right? I assumed that after this event you might want to be with a loved one. If you changed your mind I can call her and tell her not to come get you. Come on, I made you some food, you will be able to ask anything you want so, uhh... take your time. I'll be in there waiting"

He walks off to the front door than makes a left, takeing him to his kitchen, dining room mixture. He takes a seat at a small table across from the three bowls. He sits there just waiting for someone that probably isn't going to show up.

Tatsuya runs gif fingers through his hair, stuck in thought about how he should have done things differently, maybe not give him the choice to stay or go. Not bite him In the garden. Or not even talk to the kid at all. Every moment of the night was swirling through his head, creating a war of what he should have done vs what he did do.

Even as Tatsuya spoke, Larkin did not reply. He remained silent, keeping his eyes fixed on the floor, though he was attentive, listening carefully to what the other had to say.

Tatsuya's reaction came as a bit of a surprise. Larkin had believed he might get angry, perhaps even upset. He could have freaked out like when they first met... and yet there was none of that. He was being surprisingly agreeable. And it seemed like he felt genuinly bad for his actions. It did not by any means excuse his wrongdoings, but Larkin knew very well what it was like not to be able to help some things. Surely his own were nowhere this extreme, and generally only hampered Larkin himself without largely affecting his surroundings... but he understood, to some degree. At least that was the conclusion he reached after pondering about it for a while. By that point Tatsuya had already left, telling him that he'd be waiting in the kitchen.

The brown haired youth shut his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath. Then he started making his way towards the kitchen, walking in silence. Even as he entered and took a seat, he did not speak. It was only after a while that he finally opened his mouth.

"I haven't forgiven you," he said, looking directly at Tatsuya for once, "But I don't h-hate you either. It is true that I want to go home, but that doesn't mean I don't want to come back. I-I really don't like some of the things y-you do, but I don't think you're a bad person." He hesitated before reaching out, gently placing his hand over Tatsuya's. "I know it must be difficult for you to do so, but try t-to imagine w-what you would if someone treated you that way." He gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "I want to be your f-friend, but for that to work out we need to work out a way to communicate properly."

He paused, hit by a sudden idea.

"M-maybe we should establish some k-kind of rules for how we interact with each other." It was a strange suggestion, but then again, they were in a strange situation. And perhaps if they had a set number of rules to follow, the interaction between them would run more smoothly.

"I wouldn't forgive myself eather. Eat, you went through a lot, used your energy...So eat. I don't know what you like so I made you peaches, pears, and apples so dig in."

Tatsuya pushes the peach bowl with his index finger closer to Larkin. He leans back slightly, grabbing the box with the pin inside. He just looked down at his lap, regret forming within him or was it embaresment, he could never distinguish one from the other. He felt bad that's all he could say. He was desperately trying to tell himself that it was because he did something wrong, but he knew that the only reason he felt bad was because he was scolded. He was like a dog in that manner, he felt bad not because of what he did, but because he got caught.

After sulking he finally snapped out of it when he remembered he was holding the smaller box still. Tatsuya quickly put it on the table next to the box that contained the black choker.

"Those are for you. I wanted to give them to you when we were on better terms but I guess now is as good as ever...you might want to eat a little faster because your mom is going to be here in about five to ten minutes, so if you want to do anything to me or ask anything now is the time."

After Larkin brought up the idea of nodded in agreement, knowing that he was probably going to break them all but at this point Tatsuya was willing to do anything to get back into the younger man's good graces again

"I'm okay with that. I want to try again, and I'll try anything so I can keep my behavior in check. So what are the rules?"

Larkin paused. He hadn't realized that the bowls were there until Tatsuya practically pointed it out to him. Gazing at the various mixed fruits with caution, he wondered if he should really dare eat them. If Tatsuya had learned anything so far, Larkin shouldn't have anything to worry about. And he was right. Larkin had been through a lot. However, it was the sudden abdominal noise coming from Larkin that cemented his decision. Feeling his cheeks redden in embarassment, he took one of the peach pieces, sliding it halfway into his mouth before sinking his teeth into the supple fleash of the fruit. He found himself getting momentarily distracted by the fruity sweet explosion on his tongue, eagerly popping the remaining half of the peach into his mouth. The rest of the pieces soon followed, though he didn't realize how many he'd eaten until Tatsuya spoke. The bowl was almost empty. Oops.

"F-for me?" He asked, redirecting his copper gaze to the two boxes. "Ah... that's so sweet..." he said softly, curiously lifting the lid of the first. It contained... a choker. A look of confusion registered on his features. It wasn't the kind of thing he'd generally wear, but he supposed it had to be related to the 'pet' thing Tatsuya was going on about earlier. He smiled, for he did not want to seem rude or ungreatful. And though the gift confused him, he still felt flattered. He moved on to the second, smaller box. Now this was something that brought a bright smile to his features. "It's lovely..." he breathed, not sure whether he could actually accept it. "B-but it looks expensive. Are you sure this is okay?" He asked, glancing up at Tatsuya with a look of uncertainty.

Larkin was pleased that Tatsuya had agreed to making rules. Still, that turned into a different issue. What were the rules indeed? Now that he'd suggested it, he'd have to come up with them. He hesitated.

"Uh... maybe I-I didn't think this through properly..." His eyebrows knitted into a frown, "Ah! Please don't lock me into a dark room for such a long t-time again. A-and if you want to kiss... just say so. And if you want t-to do...other...weird...sexual stuff," he could feel his cheeks heating up at the thought, deeply regretting he'd even decided to go there. Instead of finishing the sentence, he just fiercely shook his head, the words catching in his throat. "J-just! If I t-tell you no, you absolutely have to listen!" He declared firmly.

"It's fine. They didn't cost all that much. I thought the choker would look nice on you, not many people have the swan like neck that you have, so it's just going to accentuate one of your nicer features. The pin I just thought the pink would look good on you, it matches your cheeks when you blush. I know they are odd but I thought you might want to try something new. You always wear the same thing so I thought you might like something you can put on your tie or pocket and the modern version of the bowtie."

Making note of the slight frown about the choker. He folds his hands over each other, smiling at Larkin as he devours the peaches. He shuts his eyes, taking deep breaths, enjoying the company, it made him feel like he was in a little family again. His heart fluttered at the thought of their kiss earlier.

Unwanting to return to reality Tatsuya hesitantly opens his eyes to see the blush on Larkin's face. That small reaction lit a flame in his 'heart', it made him want to take action again but he knew if he messed up again, he is never going to get another chance: that his doll would become too strong willed to break.

"I'm not going to lock you up again. I'm really sorry about that, but like I said I had no idea how to keep you here without force."

Tatsuya sighs softly and stands up grabbing the small flower pin. He walks behind Larkin undoing the small piece of jewelry than pins it in place on the smaller boys jacket lapel.

"Your rules seem completely rational and I will do my best to follow them. So may I touch you real quick? I'm just wanting to see the choker on you."

Tatsuya asks, moving his hands close enough to the boys neck for him to feel the warmth of them but Tatsuya never touches the boy.

"I've already e-explained to you how." Larkin said a little bit sulkily, pouting. Though it was mostly a good spirited reminder of their earlier conversation, it was also a way for the brown haired youth to express that he wasn't completely over it yet. Generally Larkin was a very forgiving person. If he hadn't been, he probably would have left, or at least tried to leave, long since. He liked to believe that there was goodness in the heart of every person, no matter how strange and... even terrible they might seem to be. After all, Larkin himself was often misunderstood. Though it seemed like he could do no wrong in the eyes of Tatsuya, there were times when his choice actions were... simply bad, at best. That tended to leave its mark on people.

He sighed softly. Something he seemed to have been doing a lot that day. Reaching into the bowl he took the last peach, gingerly chewing on it as he appeared to be lost in thought. Thus he didn't notice that Tatsuya had taken the pin and gotten up from his chair, only realizing when the youth attached it to his jacket.

They were so close again. Tatsuya was taking care not to touch him, but Larkin could still sense the heat of his body as he stood behind him. His chest heaved and fell, his breathing becoming just a little more rapid. His mind automatically wandered back to the kiss, and he found himself biting down on his lower lip.

"I-it's fine..." he stammered out, gently taking hold of his bowtie. This time it was his turn to take it off. Carefully he slipped it into his pocket.

"Uh-uhm... by the way-" Whatever he was about to say was interuppted by the sound of the doorbell ringing. He jumped slightly in surprise, his heart still pounding wildly in his chest. His mother had probably arrived.

"I-I... my bag... it's still in your r-room."

Tatsuya delicately put the choker on Larkin, still doing his best to not touch the other. Once he finally puts the accessory in place he backs away and looks at the boy, admiring him, drinking up the boy's flushed face: His head less cloudy than before, he is able to control his urges and attempts to follow one of the new rules. He leans in slightly, his hand moves under the other's chin, delicately lifts it up and leans in even closer.

"May I ki-"

Tatsuya gets cut off by the doorbell. He backs away quickly and curses under his breath. He walks to the bedroom, grabs Larkins bag, walks back and throws it into the boy's lap. He softly lifts the hand of the smaller boy and guides him out of the seat. He was almost in full panic mode, haveing to make sure that they both look respectable so his mother wouldn't think anything happened. He steps behind his leaving visitor and guides him to the front door: Before either of them could open the door he wraps his arms around the boy, pulling him advanced his own chest, he nibbles the boy's neck and purrs the next words he says.

"You can tell me what you wanted to say next time we see each other. Oh and one thing, my rules: Don't leave your house without that pin on. Okay, smiles on and act like nothing happened"

Tatsuya pulls away quickly then opens the door, revealing Larkins mother standing there with a semi-annoyed face but it was clear that she was happy that her son finally got out of the house and met someone new.

"Hello. You must be Larkin's mother, it's a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for coming to pick up your son. I would have taken him home myself but I don't think he hast the capacity to explain how to get home and I didn't want to worry you about him not coming home. Well, would you like a glass of tea or anything for the drive home?"

Tatsuya spews with a fake cheerful tone that anyone who knew him could see right through and a smile that seemed slightly too sweet. He patted Larkin on the back, pushing him forward and almost out of the cottage; but before the boy manages to move out of his grasp he softly runs his fingers along the area that he bit earlier.

"Well if that is all, I will be saying my goodbyes. I'll see you next week. Remember: keep that flower with you at all times."

(Do you want me to play the mom or do you?)