Height: 5’8”

Weight: 144 lbs

Birthday: November 22nd

Zodiac: Sagittarius

Nationality: American (Part Swedish)

Sexuality: Questioning

Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde

Eye Color: Aqua Blue

Extra: Dexter wears loose clothes that allow him to feel free. When he’s alone, he normally struts around in his boxers. Despite that, he’s been told he makes any of his clothes rock.

Personality: Dexter is a kind and charismatic guy, drawing people to him. He can be stubborn at times and stick with a decision, his entire heart being poured into it. He’s a charmer, and has a knack for natural flirting (even when he doesn’t mean it.) He is a hopeless romantic (depending on if he's found someone he's interested in) and can be caught daydreaming. Many people say he’s just lost in thought, which is never really the case. At times he can be spacey and wander aimlessly when trying to clear his thoughts. Despite his goofy personality, he has a natural aura that draws people in, surrounding him constantly.

Likes: Plush toys, photography, video games, caramels, the darkness, and any sort of warmth.

Dislikes: The sun (easily burns), math, cooking his own food, and any sort of animal (he has a fear of big dogs.)

Bio: Dexter grew up in a warming household. Unlike many children, he didn’t have much of a problem growing up. A few normal fights here and there, he was raised in an open-minded family, giving him free reign to his own life. All his life people have swarmed to him, as if they were bees and he was the pollen. Having people around him became natural, and he gladly took on the popularity, remaining as modest as he could about it. Keeping him aim straight, he plans to become a photographer, taking pictures around the world. Despite the people around him, he keeps his goal straight ahead, avoiding any unnecessary relationships.

Dexter never really understood the source of his popularity. Ever since he could remember, people surrounded him. Was it his kindness? His looks? It never made any sort of sense. Sure, he may have been good looking, if he dare say so himself, that didn’t really warrant people surrounding him like a swarm of bugs. He wasn’t bothered by the interaction, somedays, it could be considered a nuisance. Too many times did he have to turn down a confession from a girl. There was no time for clingy women. He needed to focus on his choice of profession first. Romance could be built later.

That never stopped that. They would constantly return. He didn’t have it in his heart to act out against the people. All they wanted to do was strike up a friendly conversation. He could give them at least that. Many people were introverted and it took all they had to say hello, he understood, and he tried to be as friendly as he could. Acting out in anger was going to get in nowhere in life. Even his mother taught him this much. Treat people as you want to be treated. The golden rule in life. The rule that the blond would follow for eternity.

“Would you maybe like to go out together? It can be a date or just as friends! Either is fine,” mumbled a girl, scratching the back of her neck. Dexter had to look down, her height barely reaching five foot. Once again, guilt began to swallow him whole. It took all she had to say this and he had no time for this sort of fun. Being popular could be extremely difficult.

“I’m sorry. I have so much on my plate that it may be extremely difficult,” he said, lying through his teeth. There wasn’t much going on. He’d rather photograph nature than spend time at the movies, as rude as it sounded. No one really wanted to hang out with him and try the things he liked. They wanted to spend money on frivolous things.

“O-Oh! Forgive… me.” Tears began to well up and the blond sighed. Reaching his hand out, he stroked the tears away, giving her a gentle smile. Tears were his weak point. This would be one of the few girls who actually had the chance to go on a date with him.

“Don’t cry. I’ll make time. Call me and set up a date. I promise I won’t disappoint you,” he purred. Her cheeks turning a tint of pink, she nodded with a smile, before scurrying away. There went his weekend plans. It's not that he didn’t like interacting with people, he did, he also wanted to be alone every now and then. Being surrounded by people wasn’t always a good thing.

“Guess I got myself a date,” he muttered under his breath, turning to leaving the building. He probably needed to hit the grocery store on the way home. Pick up some microwaveable dinner since he mother wouldn’t be back tonight. Looking around, he spotted a boy with red hair, his curiosity piqued. No one had hair as bright as his. Was it natural or fake?

“Hello!” Dexter called out, walking towards the man. He took note that he had some height on him, lucky guy. Attractive too. Not that the blond liked men, which he didn’t know for sure. He could admire the beauty on this guy, more so than on himself.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raychu

• gacktluvr

Eishi hadn't been intending to eavesdrop. Truly, he had been minding his business in his own corner of the world...which just happened to be in the same general vicinity as two other people. Not that they noticed him, he was sure. No one ever noticed when a weirdo like him was around. And why would they? Not when someone like him was around. It only made sense that he was popular, or Eishi wouldn't be here. This man--Dexter, he had learned--was totally his type.

Well, he had been his type, when he was still alive. No... No, that wasn't quite right. Gently he placed his hand to his chest, taking a moment to feel his heartbeat beneath his hand. It was still beating... Technically he was still alive. Whether that was a blessing or a curse he wasn't sure just yet, but he was alive. And because he was alive he was here, ears twitching attentively to a conversation he wasn't a part of. Because he was alive, he couldn't stop his eyes from wandering. His ears from listening. His nose from smelling...

Everything was far more intense than he was accustomed to, his face hot from the realization that he was practically stalking these people. Even if he hadn't intended to, he had pried into a private conversation. Had taken note of every misplaced hair and ruffled piece of clothing. Had smelled the scent of the girl's perfume... His entire body was tuned into what they were doing, the hair on the back of his neck standing on end for reasons he couldn't explain. No matter how hard he tried to ignore it, his body was hyper sensitive to their presence.

He couldn't even be surprised when he was spoken to, having felt the shift of the other's body. Dexter was barely close enough to warrant a normal person's attention, but for Eishi it was too close. He could feel the warmth of his body, even from several feet away. It was practical torture, and he swallowed hard before turning to face what should have been a complete stranger to him.

"Hello..." His voice cracked as he spoke, making Eishi shrink back into himself even more. Was it obvious that he'd been listening? Had he blown it with such a reaction? But he hadn't been able to help himself, so overwhelmed with the unfamiliar warmth of another person bearing down on him. And this wasn't just anyone. This was the person who had commanded Eishi's full attention since he'd first come to this place. It had only been a day or so since he'd first taken notice of the other, but to Eishi it had felt like an eternity. An eternity of following Dexter's every move.

It only made sense that he was nervous, dammit.

Noting the crack in the stranger's voice, Dexter's steps slowed, approaching more cautiously. He couldn't tell if he felt unwelcome or not. Did this person not want to talk with him? Were they nervous? He wasn't going to invade this man's business if he didn't want it. Sadly, it was hard for the blond to tell. He wouldn't be able to figure it out unless the other said something out loud. Maybe that was one of his poor traits. He could be as dense as a rock when it came to these types of things. To test it out, he should take it slow, and trying to push too fast.

By the time he stopped, he was only a half a foot away from the other. He took in his hair. It fascinated the blond. He had an urge to reach out and touch it, which he resisted. He hated it when everyone laid their hands on him so freely, surely this guy would feel the same. Giving a gentle smile, he let out a long, exaggerated sigh This person probably heard. He didn't care. Dexter wasn't the one confessing and it was their fault for being in open public.

"I hope I'm not being too straightforward, your hair is absolutely wonderful. I've never seen anything like it. I find it to be magnificent," he said sweetly. Running his fingers through his hair, he pushed the strands back, looking the stranger up and down. He wasn't looking at him like that, it was innocent curiosity. He's never really had the urge to talk with someone, this was a first. He was having his moment looking at the individual that caught his interest.

"I'm Dexter. You have special permission to call me Dex. I'm not too fond of people calling me that without my consent. You sir, are the lucky one who gets to have that permission." He laughed softly, outstretching a hand. He was trying to be friendly, hoping he wasn't coming off too strong. Dexter was trying to keep it formal and friendly. Sometimes keep those two together was difficult. One always overpowered the other.

Another reason this guy caught his interest is because the blond never saw him around. This was the first time he took notice of his existence. Not that he meant to ignore him if he had been near him before, it was hard to see through a swarm of people. Now that he's seen him, he wanted to get to know him, before he latched onto his popularity. Hopefully he wouldn't do such a thing. Dexter just wanted real friends. Ones who didn't just hang around him for his looks or charisma. But for him and him alone. He was a real fun guy without all the popularity covering him up. At least he liked to think so. He could be a cool guy if he was allowed to just be himself some days. Popularity was demanding.

Eishi was absolutely burning up, although he couldn't really describe the sensation in such simple terms. He felt warm, but it wasn't the uncomfortable flush of embarrassment he was used to. His cheeks didn't seem to be glowing with the rush of blood such a feeling usually accompanied, his whole body heating up evenly without the slightest hint of color. It was a sensation he'd never experienced before, not entirely unpleasant but definitely new.

"My hair?" His hand reached up to his own hair absently, clutching loose strands between his fingers with a look of honest bewilderment. He hadn't looked like this in life, the red strands that hung in front of his face just as foreign to him as they were to anyone else. "Is it really that amazing? I mean... your hair is just as nice." His hand moved to reach towards the other's hair absently, stopping before even a single strand brushed over his finger. Touching was... too much. His heart was absolutely racing, fingers pulling back quickly as if he had been burned.

His bottom lip was worried beneath white teeth as he stilled his wandering hand, listening to what more Dexter had to say without interruption. Dex, huh?

"Dex..." He repeated his name absently, lip sliding from under his teeth as he finally exhaled softly. His voice was more a breath than anything concrete, hanging heavy between the two of them. He had certainly heard others call him in such a manner before, but had easily noticed the discomfort that flashed over Dexter's features on such occassions. To be given such special permission...was not something he had expected. He was in a daze, that strange heat building once more in his gut.

"I'm Eishi." He wavered on whether to take Dex's hand or not, hand hovering in front of him awkwardly for several moments. He was already burning up just from being this close, but his fingers twitched anxiously with the desire to touch him. "I know it's foreign, so you can shorten it however..." It would be rude not to take the hand offered to him, Eishi finally decided, his fingers brushing over the other's palm lightly in a timid touch.

His body ran cold once more with the slight contact of skin on skin, a visible shudder running through him despite his best effort. What he thought would be a torturous experience came instead as a deep relief, a sigh escaping him as he visibly relaxed. The taut nervousness he'd experienced prior melted away, taking Dex's hand firmly in his own as the burn of hyper sensitivity faded away. Touch... He needed to touch him... That was the only way to end his suffering. To prolong this touch, he had to think of something.

"D-did you know?" Eishi's eyes seemed to sparkle slightly even as they wandered the other's face, hand still latched onto Dex's in a firm but gentle touch. "Your hair is actually rarer than mine. Any type of blond is the rarest hair color. If you married another blonde, you could only have blond children. O-of course, there's a chance you could have blond children no matter your wife's hair color..." He was rambling, but it was something. Anything to keep Dex from ending this contact. "With my hair, though, any color is possible." He smiled a little nervously, trivial half facts slipping from his lips without thought. The idea that someone could take his words as a subtle insinuation didn't even cross his mind. Not that they could have children anyway...

Dexter followed the hand that reached out to touch his hair, only to retreat from the mission. He was glad to know this man had the same urge as him to touch his hair. Though, strawberry blond hair wasn't all that special. The only thing special about his hair is the natural softness. That's all he had. It was about time he cut it too. It had been becoming too long for comfort. He just needed to make an appointment at some point. Probably never if he kept putting it off until the next day.

"Eishi? Even your name is unique," he said excitedly. Shortening his name would be a crime. Dexter like it just as it was. The way it sounded just made this person even more unique than before. His name sounded like something you'd name a lab rat, or an evil scientist. His name amounted to something villainous, though his career choice was from from anything evil. Eishi's name intrigued him just much as his hair, if not, more.

When Eishi finally took his hand, he felt relieved. The blond almost expected him to just completely brush off the handshake altogether. Only, he didn't let go. Instead he rambled some fact about hair colors. Children? He didn't want to even think about it. He was terrible at babysitting and imagining his own children was equivalent to a nightmare. Though, that shouldn't be his worry, should it? Eishi was practically holding his hand, instead of letting go. Honestly, this would be the least of Dexter's worries. People touched him all the time, he just grew used to it. Something much worse could be happening that isn't. He was thankful it was just hand holding. Intimate? It could be construed that way if he let it. Which he didn't.

Dexter dared to step closer, allowing his hand to continued to be grasped onto. Reaching his hand out slowly, he fed into his urge, running his finger's through Eishi's hair. It was only fair. The redhead was holding his hand, touching his hair was a fair enough trade.

"Usually I don't openly compliment people. You are just really attractive. Are you a model? I do a few photography jobs here and there for a company I know. They would love to have someone unique looking like you. Oops! I shouldn't be recruiting. You just have such a nice face, I'd love to be the one to capture it on camera for eternity," he teased, stepping back, pulling his hand away at last. Absentmindedly, he rubbed it, as if trying to get the same feeling he did when the other held his hand.

"Have you been around long? I'd assume you're popular among people. They tend to latch onto people with looks... Oh, am I being too pushy? Sorry. I was just hoping we could become friends. Exchange phone numbers, hang out, things like that." Holding his hand up as if he was surrendering to the people, he gave an expecting look. Dexter assumed Eishi didn't know about his popularity. If he did, he'd worry he'd use that to his advantage for something. Girls, guys, parties, whatever. The blond was not going to be pleased if this guy only became friends with him because people liked him. There was a difference between being liked and respected. No one really gave him the latter.

Starved for attention... Michael had called him that once. The true depth of that phrase had never hit him particularly hard until this moment, standing here now. To be lonely was one thing, but to truly starve for someone's touch... The pure, unfiltered relief of having someone's hand in his hair was something his friend never could have imagined. The way such an innocent gesture made him feel was indescribable, a faint blush rising on his cheeks. Eishi was unsure if he had leaned into that touch the way he wanted, or if he had held onto some manner of dignity and control. Either which way, the touch was enough to make him feel human again. ...or at least as human as a demon like himself could be.

"Modeling? Me?" The nervousness had vanished from his voice, replaced with an even tone. He no longer seemed the cornered animal he had been before, finally free from the spell that had left him frozen prior. He could hear sounds other than Dexter's voice, see something beyond his expression, and finally focus on something more than his need. At some point he had started to wonder all manner of bizarre things, somewhere deep in his subconscious. Now that he was thinking clearly again he was all too aware of how easily his eyes had wandered to Dexter's lips when he talked. He could recall having wondered absently how it would feel to kiss him, and how he would taste. Such distracting thoughts... It was no wonder he had been having such trouble keeping himself together!

He shook his head to clear his thoughts once more, focusing on the here and now. "More importantly, you already have a job you can enjoy? I'm impressed." A natural smile graced his features, even as their point of contact was severed. "I just transferred here, and getting a job I can be passionate about seems like a long shot. I'm just another no-good artist with absolutely no marketable skills." A laugh. "The scenery here is beautiful, though, even if I have an outdated skill set. I thought painting here would be a somewhat better use of my so-called talent. Way better than my last school." It wasn't a particularly meaningful topic of conversation he'd veered into, but it was one he could get passionate about. Beautiful things had always been his soul's greatest draw, whether it be scenery or people. Even the occasional man-made object could strike his fancy.

"By hang out, you weren't just talking for a modeling thing, though, right? Private sessions with me would be too pricey." It was an awkward attempt at returning the teasing that had been thrown his way, but the newness of such an action was written clearly in the darkening color of his cheeks. His smile faltered slightly even as he laughed, unsure if his joke would be taken too seriously. He honestly had no confidence even in these looks of his, the irony of which was not lost on him.

An incubus without good looks...such a thing simply didn't exist. A demon who lived off their charms simply could not survive without them. It was such a simple thing, but yet so foreign to him. He must have seemed rather narcissistic, treating himself as average...

Dexter studied his movements, reactions, and change of tone. He was being weary of his approach. Being too forceful may scare the other away, which he was trying to avoid. Being too overly cautious may just confuse the other. Being popular was nice in this situation. He knew how to be precise and calculative with his approach, trying to adjust to how this person may like him. It was a guess, which, he felt could be accurate. Normally his guesses were scary accurate on how to deal with a person and their character. Studying these movements kind of pointed at the type of personality each person had. This didn’t mean he was always right. Most of the time.

“Just transferred here? Well, welcome!” The blond gave a wide smile to Eishi. New? That meant there was absolutely no way he knew about his so called popularity. That was just a title for being liked. Being liked was not the most important thing in the world. Well, in his world it wasn’t.

“Pricey? Unfair! Guess I’ll just have to sneak in a few photos here and there to capture your beauty,” he teased back. Oh? He got embarrassed over his comment. That was… New to the blond. No one around him acted so openly about being this shy and awkward. They tried to match his charisma and personality. Being raised in an easygoing family, the way he was came with the territory. Had his family situation been worse, he wouldn’t be this friendly or kind.

One of his biggest problems was that he could easily be guilt tripped into a date, example A being the girl crying. She must have known. He didn’t even let her down that harshly. Dare he say that a lot of women were stereotypical, being whiny and demanding? He did. All the women he’s met were like that. Only a few responded in a respectful way, understanding that he let them down.

“Oh! Did you… Uh… Did you hear that whole confession? Just between you and me, I think she forced me into it. Women are scary.” He tried to joke, his lips becoming a straight line. This really was a nuisance. Dates should happen when a connection was built. No one that hung around him had the connection he was desperately searching for. He put his photography because it had always been apart of his life, and had a connection with him. Seeing his photos was seeing the world through his eyes.

“You should- That’d be inconsiderate, wouldn’t it? Never mind. I almost tried to suggest... Perhaps I'd be more pushy about you making plans with me, so I can avoid wasting my money. Kind of rude, isn’t it? I’m not that cold-hearted, sadly,” he said with a slight pout. Quickly it turned back into a cheerful expression. There was no way this guy would accept a crazy offer like that. It was too soon. They had just met after all. Becoming friends was a slow process.

"Going to suggest...what?" Eishi's expression was one of pure curiosity, his social skills too stunted to pick up on anything that wasn't spoken outright. His eyes scanned Dexter's expression with a seriousness that seeped into his very tone, the words coming out as if they were something...forbidden. His breath laced together with the words in an almost seductive manner, although nothing in his expression invited such an interpretation.

"Tell her you're busy working, if you don't want to go. I'm open to bartering for my...modeling. I mean, if you were serious..." His lips turned up into a shy smile. "I haven't had much chance to practice drawing people, y'know, so it could be a trade. I doubt you'd get any interesting pictures with me as your model, but they'd certainly be better quality than anything you'd get on your own..." He laughed softly as a thought struck him, remembering an old joke.

"Just so you're aware, though, I don't exactly have the heart of the ocean laying around for you to model. It would have to be plain, boring old posing. No jewelry, no boat ride, no French girls."

Titanic references were still viable, weren't they? If not...well, if not he'd probably made himself sound like a huge creep...

'Please let Dex have seen that movie...'

It was quite possibly the dumbest prayer he'd ever given.

A barter? Dexter was completely willing to trade anything if he had the opportunity to snap shots of someone so beautiful. It was rare to find someone who could be considered as gorgeous as a God. Maybe an over exaggeration, in his head, it was true. Not once did he find someone who matched Eishi’s looks. He was a rare specimen indeed. All that could be trapped on his camera for proof that there was someone with marvelous looks such as his. Even the blond couldn’t hope to compare. The difference in their looks was immense.

“I’m as serious as can be. I truly would love to photograph you. Which is something special. I only photograph people when I’m paid. I’m willing to do you for free,” he said with a soft laugh. It was true. Nature was normally more fascinating than looks. Not with this guy. His unique appearance was just naturally drawing him in. Hypnotizing him in the weirdest way.

Dexter tried to stop himself from laughing at the reference. It was an obscure one for sure. He hadn’t heard any Titanic references for a long while. Unfortunately, his laugh got the better of him, and he covered his mouth, trying to muffle the noise. He didn’t want to seem inconsiderate, it just… This guy was an odd one. He definitely felt like they could get along.

“Too bad, too bad. We could always arrange for that to change though, couldn’t we? I’m sure I could find a good replica of the heart of the ocean.” Taking deep breaths, he calmed the laughter, only leaving a wide smile on his face. Choosing to try and become friends with this guy was a clever choice. He was funny, unique, and gave off good vibes.

Dexter's laugh was like music to his ears, forcing a laugh from him as well. He certainly didn't mind that he'd laughed. It had been a joke, after all. It would have been more awkward if he didn't laugh, Eishi's hand moving to push bangs back from his face as he smiled. "If I find a convincing replica on eBay, I'll be sure to give you a call. Until then, we'll just have to make do." He swallowed hard as his eyes scanned Dexter's expression, pushing this joke just that little bit further. "Likewise, nude photos will have to wait until I find that diamond." He gave a playful wink, straightening with his hand buried in his hair in a surprisingly skillful mockery of billboard models. He didn't look half bad, giving a subtle hint of how he might look beneath his clothes.

The idea was out there in plain terms now, even if it was said as a joke. And now that the idea had been thrown out there, it would be hard not to think of Eishi naked, even if only for a moment. Subtle innuendo mixed with playful jokes were the best he could manage right now, too shy to ask directly for what it was he needed. He would rather lead Dexter towards the idea of...that than simply plant the notion in his head. It wouldn't have been hard for him to simply take what it was he needed, but everything about that seemed wrong to him. He had decided early that he wouldn't force anyone, as far as he could help it.

It was likely Dexter was only interested in him because of his nature as a demon, but there was nothing he could do about that. What he could do, however, was tease. Put the idea out there for Dexter to grab onto himself. It might take longer than the traditional route, but this was what he'd decided. Until then, he'd just have to make do. He was surprisingly resilient. Just two days ago he'd been locked away in his room, physically ill with hunger, and yet somehow he was standing here now. He had confidence he could hold out.

"So tell me... What are you planning to do with these pictures? Will I be going in your portfolio? Gotta keep those nudes tasteful if I am."

“That’s disappointing. I’m curious to see underneath now. You shouldn’t tease a photographer like that,” he pouted. Oh yeah. Curiosity was intensifying when the came was made. Dexter understood is was a joke, that didn’t stop his mind from wandering. Eishi was extremely attractive just from his facial features. He couldn’t even try to imagine the redhead’s body. Attractive was most likely going to be the most fitting word.

“The photos? I’ll keep them in my personal collection. Those will be kept separate from my school portfolio. All for me to feast my eyes on,” he said with a shrug. Now his mind was sitting on the joke. It presented something out there, something new. Never once did he photograph anyone nude. Topless, sometimes. Nude, never. Eishi was gorgeous, it seemed like a decent idea. He was down to photograph him nude, to say the least.

Could this be called flirting? Was he flirting with a guy? Was a guy flirting with him? It wasn’t bothersome like how he’d normally feel, in a way, it was exciting. Why didn’t he think about this before? Being with a guy didn’t sound like a bad idea, he never really had an attraction for women. Well, he didn’t need to label it, that would just make it even more complicated. Sexuality itself was a complicated thing. This just felt oddly natural.

“Would you like to seem some of my photos? Before you commit to posing nude for me, hopefully, in the near future.” Flashing his signature smile, he pulled out his phone. These photos could be considered decent, for being taken on the little device. Pulling up his photos, he willingly handed his phone over, eager to hear his opinion. If he was going to photograph this guy, he needed to be aware of how he did his pictures. Each scene captured in a different form of beauty.

“Most of them are from travelling with my family. I have some photos of myself as well, ignore those. My parents demanded I send them. I never get around to deleting them. Typically, I photograph nature.” He raised up on his tiptoes, holding his smile. Something about Eishi was truly special, besides his looks.

"A personal collection? I'm honored." He hadn't expected that, a bit taken aback by such straightforward honesty. He couldn't even muster the sarcasm that had carried him this far, sincerity in his tone. It was...flattering, knowing that someone was genuinely interested in him. That sort of frank affection left him just short of speechless. It wasn't something he'd ever had to deal with before.

He let his fingers brush over Dexter's as he took the phone that was offered to him, lingering a moment. He could be a little more obvious now, couldn't he? If Dexter was admitting to wanting personal photos of him, he could certainly push a bit of innocent physical contact. It still felt amazing, even a little touch like this. Could he even handle what the real deal would do to him? The idea of a kiss already had his body tingling, eyes wandering once more to those tempting lips of his. It took effort to pry his eyes away, glancing down at the photos Dexter seemed so eager to show him.

"These are...good." It wasn't just empty praise, eyebrows raising slightly as he moved slowly from picture to picture. Cell phones weren't exactly the greatest of cameras, and vacation snapshots weren't the kind of photos you staged carefully. It meant Dexter had a good eye for natural composition, which was one of the most necessary skills for people of their calling.

He smiled as he came across one of Dexter's self photos, looking up from the screen and catching his gaze. "You look like you're having fun..." Slowly his eyes wandered once more back to the other's lips, his own parting slightly in soft breaths. He was having trouble casting these thoughts away, their fingers still touching in places. He was starting to get greedy, a far away look coloring his gaze as he bent to close the distance between them. He was starting to lose himself to his natural instincts, thoughts overcome with desires he couldn't quite place. The desire to kiss him made sense, at least. The desire to curl his fingers tightly in his hair did not. The desire to drag teeth over the skin of his shoulder and suck like some sort of perverted vampire... Those thoughts came entirely without explanation

He only came back to himself after several intense moments of inner struggle, stopping close enough to taste Dexter's breath with every lazy inhalation. There was still just enough distance between them that Eishi could probably have played it off if he tried, but he had no energy to do so at the moment. He had only just regained his composure, after all, so excuses were a bit harder to come by.

"H-here..." His cheeks were flushed red as he returned the phone, tearing his eyes away from Dexter's lips as he straightened once more. He met Dexter's eyes instead, offering him a timid smile that tried with all its might to apologize for what had just happened.

"Thanks," he said, pushing his hair back nervously. Being complimented was a huge deal to Dexter. Not many people had the chance to see his pictures, besides his professor, and it meant to the world to him to be told they were good. A simple compliment had his heart racing from happiness. Who knew just simple words could get him this ecstatic? Maybe he needed to let more people see them... That was a terrible idea. Then the effect of the compliment would begin to fade away.

"I told you to skip those ones," he said with a nervous chuckle. He, himself, was never really photogenic. It was almost impossible to take the perfect photo when he couldn't see himself through the lens of a camera. He would spend a ridiculous amount of time just trying to create the perfect image of himself with a "selfie." What a horrible word. Dexter hated the fact something as elegant as self portrait became demeaned by stupid songs and dumb teenagers. What would they ruin next?

Having Eishi lean in so close caused the hairs on his neck to stand up. They were close enough for a kiss... Too close. His breath caught in his throat, studying the features of the man even further. Having a closer look always brought in new light from a different perspective. Had he had his trusty camera, he would've snapped the perfect shot of the redhead without hesitation. Maybe. The distance between their faces was nerve wracking. His heart wasn't just pounding from excitement anymore. Anxiety? Embarrassment? Anticipation? A mixture of complicated emotions. Was Eishi going to kiss him?

Dexter has almost had enough interest to invoke the reaction of the other if their lips did meet. That was not good. Romance would only get in the way of his career. People were clingy creatures, demanding, and insatiable. He couldn't waste time trying to please someone with a dinner date. Other things took precedence.

"Oh, my phone, right." Shifting his eyes, he continued to mentally scold himself as he took back his phone. Had Eishi taken any longer to move away, Dexter was sure he would've planted a smooch right on his lips. Chewing lightly on his bottom lip, he kept his gaze elsewhere. That was embarrassing. What was this awkward and tense atmosphere? People didn't act like this with him. Never once has he been in this sort of situation. It was strange and suffocating, causing him to feel embarrassment if he looked Eishi in his eyes.

"No, I like them. I mean they aren't great in an artistic sense or anything but... capturing the feeling of the moment is important, too. It's something I struggle with a lot in my own art." He should probably apologize for what he'd almost done, but to apologize meant to acknowledge it had happened. Or almost happened. Technically he hadn't done anything, but his intentions had probably been clear as day. "I can always add subtext to whatever picture I'm painting, but photographs capture a moment exactly as is. So... that means you were happy when the picture was taken. It gives off a good feeling" His hands retreated into his pockets, trying to avoid doing anything else that might cause such an extreme reaction.

"I don't have any pictures of my art, and even if I did they wouldn't really have the same effect, so I'm afraid I can't return the favor." He was chewing on his bottom lip once more, gauging whether he should continue this train of thought or not. After what had just happened, he wouldn't blame Dexter for wanting to avoid any potentially 'intimate' situations between them. It made sense to avoid uncomfortable situations whenever possible. "I wouldn't mind showing you, but you'd have to come to my place. And trust me, I completely understand if you'd rather not."

They were in public as it was, and yet Eishi had made an obvious effort to kiss him. The idea of going somewhere without the limitation of public acceptability... Honestly, after his last outburst Eishi couldn't promise that he wouldn't try something. He'd do whatever he could to keep from making that mistake again, however, hands clenched tightly in his pockets until he was practically shaking.

"...I don't know what came over me... I guess maybe I got caught up in the moment..." That was all he could think to say on the topic, cheeks still hot from a mix of embarrassment and determined restraint. He had thought touches like before would be enough, but their bodies had been too close. He'd been overwhelmed. It wasn't the same feeling as before. It wasn't that desperate ache from when they had first met. Neither desperation nor hunger had driven him to try and close that distance. It was a simple string of unbidden desires that he had fallen prey to, the same as any human might act on. His reaction was simply stronger.

"I'm not that kinda person, so is it okay if we pretend it never happened?" Technically, nothing had happened. He hadn't kissed him. Hadn't touched him inappropriately. Hadn't done anything.

He had only leaned in a bit.

Dexter felt appreciated. Even though his self portraits weren't the most magnificent of his photography, Eishi still saw the moment from them. Now he felt an anxiousness to show him all his photos, getting opinions here and there. Change of lighting, angle, focus. He wanted to hear this guy's opinion on all his works. Having feedback would be nice every now and then. People couldn't grow without some sort of feedback on their works. It took time, practice, and effort. His photography skills weren't made in a day. He had to figure out from which angle worked best to which lighting was the worst in that moment. A lot of his earlier photos were blurry and rough from being unsure about each important detail.

"Let me check if I have anything else going on today," he said, basically dodging the question. That was one of the oldest excuses in the book to get out of these types of situations. What was he doing? If a friendship was to build, running away because a little bit of closeness had occurred. Dexter never stooped that low. He shouldn't be changing that for the first time. It was horrible of him to act like he had something better to do. Another confession? Absolutely not. He would rather go to a more secluded area and risk this type of moment again than have to try and turn down another girl. Popularity was rough, which is why he wanted a friend for support. Eishi should be that person.

"Ah, is... Is that so?" Did that make Dexter that kind of person since he wanted to kiss Eishi? He never really wanted to do anything like that before. Having the other so close, he was tempted, and he failed to test it out. Test it out? Eishi wasn't some lab rat to test his kisses on, that was inconsiderate. He meant it more like... To see if a connection could be built... Maybe. The blond was so full of emotions, he didn't really know how to excuse the way he was thinking. At least this made him vaguely aware the other, was indeed, attempting to kiss him. Would that have been so bad?

"F-Forgotten! I would love to see your artwork. I'll take up your kind offer," he said with a cheery tone once more. Letting it go was probably the smartest thing to do. Still. Was he that kind of person? Dexter didn't think so. He didn't just kiss people to kiss them, he... Eishi was alluring. His looks being the main point, his personality the whipped cream that topped off the sundae. The thought of this man alone was just enticing.

"I'm glad." That lingering awkwardness started to fade as he continued to push this conversation forward, preferring to move forward rather than linger on past mistakes. If they were truly going to forget this he needed to press forward, leaving the topic far behind them. "My place is actually just off campus, so we don't have too far to go." He had chosen a place nearby for obvious reasons, in case he needed to escape from or even with someone. Someone like Dexter, as far as his imagination was involved. And by 'escaping,' he hadn't meant something so innocent as sharing his hobbies. Honestly, though, he wasn't dissatisfied by this turn of events. He could stay close to Dexter, even if they were only talking.

"While we're there, maybe you could even snap some pics of the wild Eishi in his natural habitat." Back to the jokes. Those were comfortable, so long as he kept some clear distance between them and flirting. He had to keep it safe until his earlier transgression was well and truly forgotten. "I have to warn you, though, his natural habitat is pretty..." He paused to think of any more delicate way of saying messy. "...Lived in."

'Lived in' was an understatement, particularly impressive considering he had only really 'lived' there a week and some-odd days. As far as he could recall it wasn't anything too terrible, just a mess of clothes mainly confined to his room. That morning's pajamas were sitting somewhere near his computer--and by pajamas he meant a dirty shirt and boxers--and his clothes from yesterday were near his bed. He recalled that much clearly. Yesterday's pajamas were somewhere in his bathroom...and that was as far as he could recall. The pain of starvation prior to those days had blocked out any further pointless memories.

"It's not so bad you can't get around, but you might find a loose shirt or two wandering around..." Or underwear. That was equally as likely, but he wouldn't bring that up.

Dexter let out an amused snort by the choice of words. He wouldn't dare imagine a clean room. Compared to his own, he assumed it was much better. Once he moved out, his parents were relieved the mess monster had gone with him. It became a hassle to clean up all the time. The only thing that remained organized was his photo albums. Everything else was out of order, misplaced, and shoved into a random area. How bad could Eishi's place be?

"Don't worry. Hearing that you have scattered clothes around makes my place feel like a pig sty," he laughed. Mental note. Do a deep clean if Eishi ever comes over. He wouldn't want him to trip over something stupid like one of his many camera cases.

Arriving at Eishi's place, he looked around curiously. Dexter was right. This wasn't that bad. His apartment was much more embarrassing. He would feel so ashamed if a side by side comparison happened. Thankfully, if the other did come over, he would make sure to clean beforehand. It was hard to clean up when he had better things to do... That was an excuse. He just had motivation to clean up a mess after it was made. He'd be a terrible roommate for anyone to deal with.

"I know I said I'd let it go... I just, I mean, you said you aren't like that. What is that exactly?" Wrong question. He meant to say something else. Halfway through, he choked up, wondering if he approached the topic anymore bluntly he'd upset Eishi. Maybe it was weird he leaned it for a kiss, Dexter couldn't deny temptation. A good looking guy wanted to kiss him, that was extremely flattering.

"No... I meant to ask, hypothetically, if I had kissed you at that moment, what would you have done?" The blond was lucky the other pulled away when he did. Was that luck or misfortune? Both. The entire situation was a a double-edged sword. He just met this guy, kissing him should not be on the menu. What was wrong always felt right. At least this showed potential for more than a simple friendship, if he was reading the signs correctly.

"'Like that'?" There was a pause as Eishi tried to remember exactly what it was he had said, running the situation through his mind once more. "Oh, right..." A soft chuckle escaped his lips, clicking the door shut behind them carefully. "I mean I'm not the sort of person that touches someone without their permission." Had he worried Dexter with his word choice? Made him think he wasn't interested? How silly. That couldn't have been further from the truth. "If you'd kissed me..." There was a meaningful pause, building a sense of anticipation.

"Well, I guess that's permission enough, right? I'd have kissed you back." He grinned, walking back around Dexter to stand in front of him. "Honestly, the offer is still on the table. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested." He kept a fair distance between them, not wanting to overload his senses again, but still close enough to touch. He reached out as he extended the offer verbally, fingertips lightly touching Dexter's cheek in a timid gesture as his cheeks flushed red. He'd promised he wouldn't touch him without permission, so only these little invitations were permissible.

He was unusually bold.

"I'm not going to cry if you say no. I'm not like that woman." He cupped Dexter's cheek in his palm gently, brushing his thumb over the height of his cheekbone with that same shy smile, gentle yet slightly sad. "I don't want to pressure you. And... you don't have to worry that I'll hate you if you say no. Honestly, I expect that answer more than the opposite. Falling for another guy is hard, so I'm used to being rejected." He'd only ever been through this 'confession' thing once before, and the results hadn't been favorable.

"A-ah, it's...not like this is a love confession or something...! I'm not trying to ask you out! I-I mean, we barely know each other!" His hand fell from Dexter's face, panicking slightly as his flush spread to the tips of his ears. "But! I definitely like you! I wanna spend time with you, just doing stuff. Fun stuff. Taking pictures or drawing or...o-or maybe other stuff... Stuff like kissing, y'know, if you were interested... Which, again, it's cool if you're not..." His voice dropped into a shy mumble near to the end, chewing on his bottom lip again as he waited to see what would come of this stupid outburst of his.

What sort of lust demon was he anyway? Stumbling over a half-assed confession of...interest. It wasn't even love that he was confessing. It was just interest.

So much for smooth...

Eishi was interested then? Dexter couldn't say whether he was caught up in the mood or if he was genuinely interested as well. Kissing this guy... Almost seemed to be out of the question. Many reasons tried to keep him from throwing himself into... this. This had no name. The blond has never once met someone like this, someone he'd kiss on the spot if offered. Romance included those feelings, except, this wasn't romance. He didn't feel sparks fly, or float in the clouds. He didn't once get a tingling feeling when he was touched. The name for this was... Well, he didn't want to name it. The moment he said what he knew this was, it'd all be over. He had morals and he was crossing over those lines quickly.

Leaning into the touch he just listened. No teasing remarks, no snide comments, simple silence from the blond. Like that girl? True, she did guilt trip him, this wasn't making him feel any better. Not that the readhead was guilt tripping him, more like, he was just leaving him confused.

When Eishi removed his hand, the blond visibly pouted. Sure he didn't feel electricity from the touch, it still felt nice. Kissing, huh? Eishi wanted to do fun things with him? Liked him? Dexter didn't know how to feel. He felt like a shaken up soda from the way he wanted to explode. He dealt with these types of things on a daily basis, never from a guy. No, gender wasn't the problem, it was the situation itself. This was weird because one, Dexter hadn't said no yet, and two, he was actually considering kissing this redhead.

"Alright," he said with a nonchalant shrug. There was no face change, nothing to signify how he felt. Grabbing Eishi's hand, he pulled his palm up to his lips, giving a light kiss. Starting with the hands was reasonable, wasn't it? Why was he even doing this? Was this something he was going to regret? Too many questions that lacked answers.

"I'm putting the offer out there. These lips are kissable if you really want... Though I'm confused. Why an interest in me? I'm not that good looking if we are being honest. I'm pretty average," he commented, kissing Eishi's fingertips before letting his hand go. Dexter was being honest. He was plain compared to other people.

"A-ah..." Eishi couldn't understand why he was so flustered over such an innocent kiss, his palm borderline ticklish to the touch of his lips. The feeling was enough to keep him silent with a dark flush, this feeling intense enough to make him lose his train of thought. His finger traced over the other's bottom lip as his hand was released, pulling down slightly as he took a step closer. He wanted to answer his question but it was a bit hard with all these distractions, and he had something better to do anyway.

"Dex..." He wanted to tell him all sorts of things, face hot as he looked into his eyes. "I have a lot--a lot--of reasons I want this. And if my heart wasn't racing, I'd tell you." He tried to play off his nerves as best he could, keeping his eyes locked on Dexter's expression as he slowly moved his finger to make room for his lips. Maybe it was bad etiquette to stare when doing something like this, but Eishi could hardly be bothered to care.

He wanted to see Dexter's reaction for himself, his lips twitching nervously as they finally connected with Dexter's in a painfully innocent kiss. It screamed of trepidation and nerves, the feel of it bordering on inexperience.

A lot of reasons? Dexter would love to hear those reasons. Currently he was left confused by his own actions as well as Eishi's. The blond could just blame the kiss on his own curiosity. As they say, curiosity killed the cat and satisfaction brought it back. Well, he might not be satisfied by the end of this. Kissing the other was appealing, at the same time, he didn't know how he'd really feel about it in the end. Nothing could explain these swirling feelings in his mind. If this was just innocent curiosity, he wouldn't be so confused. None of this made sense.

Was he attracted to him? In what way? Not romance. That thought alone bothered him. If not romance, was it lust? Not one did the blond ever lust after someone on the first meeting. Every person he's met never caught his attention in a sexual way. Romance was normally out of the question as well. Sex was just impossible to him. He's done erotic kisses before, they just weren't pleasing. All he knew for sure, here and now, was that he wanted this. Why was left unanswered.

Feeling the gentleness of Eishi's lips on his own, he smiled. Cute. The kiss was so vanilla. A simple kiss like this was pleasing. Closing his eyes, his hand rested on the redhead's shoulders. Instinctively, he let his tongue run over the other's bottom lip, before he quickly pulled back. Dexter felt his cheeks begin to burn. Hopefully his blush wasn't too obvious.

"Satisfied?" The blond dropped his head on Eishi's shoulder, trying not to laugh at himself. For the first time, a kiss actually made him embarrassed. Not once with anyone else did he feel this... Happy? No. That wasn't it. The kiss was pleasing, in an explainable way. Dexter may have liked it, just a teeny bit.

"Satisfied?" He laughed a little awkwardly, running fingers through delicate blond hair he had passed up on touching before. It was soft and surprisingly light, sliding over his fingers almost like water. "To be honest, not really." There was no malice in his voice, turning so that his lips were pressed close to Dexter's temple with a matter-of-fact tone. "If I was satisfied, that means I wouldn't want to do it again." He was bright red, heart still beating wildly.

"I'm not satisfied, but I'm...happy? ...I guess that's what it means to be satisfied, though..." He didn't have any complaints about their kiss, honestly. He wanted to do it again. That was his only complaint, and it certainly wasn't anything to do with the kiss itself. It was just wishful thinking, his gaze far off as Eishi took several breaths between parted lips, each breath of air bringing back the taste of Dex's lips. Was he drunk? Was this how incubi got drunk? Because he certainly felt like it--thoroughly warm, happy, and just the slightest bit dizzy.

"To answer your question from before, though... I feel like you're someone I'm compatible with. Not in a dating way--although I'm sure we probably feel the same way about dating--but in a personal way. You're an artist, like me. You probably understand what the world looks like to me, better than others. Not literally, of course. And I could be wrong, but somehow I feel like I'm not. As for your looks, you're...gorgeous. Cute? Handsome? Whatever the word, you're it." His fingers played with Dexter's hair as he shared his thoughts as much as possible.

"You go along with my stupid jokes, and I don't feel like running away from you. Sometimes I get really annoyed around other people. I just want to go back to my world and my art when people hang around too long, but I wouldn't mind if you stuck around... Even while I'm working..." For him, that was the biggest confession he could possibly make. Not even his friends had been welcome around him while he was painting, unless they were directly involved. Their being there had always made him unusually testy.

"I've never even offered to show anyone my work before. I honestly felt like...it was okay to show you. You would get it. Even if you couldn't see what I was trying to convey, you'd understand the way making it affected me."

"..."

"...That sounds really dumb..."

He was going to blame this torrent of embarrassing bullshit on being drunk, even if it was impossible.

Dexter gave an amused snort when the other said they weren't satisfied. He wasn't either. Hell, he even tried to take it a step further because he liked it so much. Most of the time it's his partner that has to initiate anything deeper. This time, he made the attempt. Anything deeper quickly ended when he pulled away, the thought still remained. At least the other wasn't satisfied either. That didn't imply they should do this again. More like, it was a one time thing to leave as such. He wouldn't mind kissing him again if they had something more going on. Something meaning romantic.

A romantic relationship? Was he going insane? Was the blond losing his head? Never once did he crave something romantic from someone. Romance was nothing but a hassle. Paying for dinner and dates, having them try to pry into your personal business all the time. That was ridiculous. Dexter hated dating. Too many times did girls try and make their way into his photography, demand that he take them out, or that he was being inconsiderate with the amount of time he put towards his photos. A hobby was a hobby and none of his previous lovers understood that. He didn't need this in his life again. He did get hurt when they just walked out. He accepted because he wanted to give them a chance. Romance was supposed to be no more.

"You really know how to flatter a guy," he mumbled against the dip in his shoulder. Inhaling the scent, he just listened. Was his heart racing? Yes it was. This wasn't a love confession, it was still, well... A confession. Hearing all this just made him giddy inside. Eishi letting him in to his world with his heart was a huge honor for the blond. It was the same for himself as well/ Many of his previous lovers tried to force him to show his works. With the redhead, he was willingly trying to show all his works. Take pictures of him. No one previously had this type of opportunity with Dexter. Something was special enough for him to want to take photos.

"No, no! It's not dumb!" Pulling his head up quickly, his eyes were shining like stars. Being told this really boosted someone's confidence, not that he needed that, it just made him really happy. "I feel the same way. That's probably why we clicked so fast. Not once has anyone had the permission to call me Dex or look at my photography besides my family. You are certainly special to have me grant you that right."

Compatibility? Dexter could definitely feel that. The only problem was... Not in a dating way as the other put it. The blond needed a relationship if they were going to continue doing things like they just did. Kissing was nice and all, if they were romantically involved. He couldn't believe he was about to say this either.

"You see- I'm not sure how to say this... Fuck, this is difficult. Because we are so compatible I'd like to give this a try. Not before a friendship however. Personally, dating can be quite troublesome, that doesn't mean I'll prohibit myself from giving it another shot. No one has really clicked with me like you have, and that is amazing. Uh- To continue doing things like kissing... Being friends and doing that is just too intimate. Which is why, if you'd be willing, I'd like to work our way up to where we are compatible romantically as well. Just being compatible is not enough. Am I being too pushy?" Dexter didn't how to explain this. He wanted a relationship, he wanted a friendship, and a whole bunch of other things.

No one was really allowed to try and date him at this point. Every girl whose confessed has been turned down flat, whether they got a date out of him or not. Because he didn't like dating this felt wrong... And right? Well, ultimately in the end, it was up to Eishi whether they gave this a shot or not.

"Dating..." Honestly, the idea was new to him. It wasn't that he didn't want romance, but a date... Honestly it sounded embarrassing, going out in public where other people could see him. He wasn't exactly boyfriend material. He was sure people would look at Dexter in pity if they went out together. Strangers would talk about him... He'd have a terrible time... Dexter would think it was his fault... How did people ever manage this dating thing? He loved everything about the idea of dating except for dating itself.

"You aren't being pushy at all! I...I want to do it...! I want us to be more than friends. I just..." His heart was racing, face flushed from his neck all the way up to the tips of his ears. "Going out on actual dates sounds absolutely terrifying," he said with an overwhelming seriousness, fingers wandering close to Dexter's ear without realizing and gripping his hair tenderly. "Can we just hang out at your place or my place to start? I don't exactly have a lot of confidence in public..." If they went out and he got too panicked, he might do something he couldn't take back. He'd hurt a lot of people in the past, over way less stressful situations. He was like an animal when cornered, lashing out at the slightest inconvenience and running away as soon as he was called on his behavior.

"I'll even pay for dinner so it'll be a proper date. A 'night in' or whatever they call it. Is that... Is that a good enough date? I can even dress up... Provided I can find something nice. You haven't even seen how messy my room is..." He smiled a wide, shy, toothy grin. He was honestly so happy he couldn't believe it.

Who would have thought he'd ever smile like this after the pain of dying?

It was completely new to him.

"No, you will not do any of that. Just because we are doing something similar to a date, I don't expect you to do anything like that. I hate paying for people, and having them pay for me is the exact same sentiment," he said quickly, shooting down the other immediately. A date was fine. Going out of their way for it was the opposite. Paying, dressing up, that was exactly what the blond hated doing. Like the other person wanted to see them as someone else during the entire ordeal. Dexter wouldn't stoop as low as to make the other do that. Eishi being Eishi was fine. He didn't like him because he wore a suit or anything fancy. Just because he was him.

"I'm not too fond of public places either so that is fine. As long as you don't prohibit me taking commemorative photos. Honestly Eishi, just you and me hanging out sounds wonderful. No one to bother us, just me and you getting to know each other. If we do order dinner, we'll split the bill," he said with a shy smile. Having a date at their place seemed like the best place. They could watch a move, talk, play games, and... No. Dexter couldn't think like that.

Smacking his cheeks, he felt his face burn up. Curse the twelve year-old in him turning to something dirty so soon. They hadn't even had their first date yet. He couldn't let himself stoop so low so soon. He never had even slept with a girl. He was inexperienced as they come. Innocent and confused by the entire idea of sex. He needed to be mature about this. Take this relationship slow.

"I'd love to have a home date with you. As long as you're fine with me. I know you said I'm handsome, on top of other words... I just feel extremely average compared to you. Warning, I rarely do this so I'm sorry if I'm terrible at it." He laughed at himself, trying to calm the racing of his heart. Love at first sight? Lust at first sight? He felt one of the two and soon he'd hope he wanted both, not just one.

"Would you mind if- Never mind. I'm not going to ask. Can I see your art now?" He planned on asking if he could kiss the other again. He wasn't sure if that would've been appropriate or not. More importantly, he wanted to see what they came here for. Eishi's artwork. He wasn't going to take this opportunity got granted.