A Certain Familiarity [Noise Prince and GayYaoiPrince]

Noise Prince

Note: I use the term 'practical' to denote non-magic. (Like 'practical university' means a normal, human one)

Name: Ozaki Matsuo

Sexuality: Gay

Position: Suke

Role: Familiar

Height: 5'7

Personality: Matsuo is quiet and reserved. Not in a shy why, but he's withdrawn. Despite this being his demeanor, he seems to have a natural tendency towards friendliness when he does open up, as if he's inherently a friendly person who wants to socialize and has a defense mechanism isolating himself. He's studious, and can spend hours in one sitting researching, he loves reading. He has a lot of practical knowledge of magic and witch history, but seems very out of place with witches, detached from the witch subculture. He tends to try to overcompensate when doing virtually anything for the Academy, devoting all his energy into even mundane things.

History: The Ozaki family Mastuo was a part of is rather notorious. Being known as being a powerful bloodline with a good deal of influence. Matsuo was six years old when his magic ceased to react to his call- barely a year into his formal magic studies. His father's magic ceased as well. His mother, who was not of Ozaki blood, however, suffered no ill with her control of her own magic. It would be a few days later when they learned that Matsuo's grandfather- a member of the Council of the Academy - had his magic sealed away as punishment for attempted murder of a fellow Council member. Unfortunately, due to the nature of magic, this meant that his living descendants, and possibly future ones, wouldn't be able to call to their magic either. This was a steep blow to the family, especially young Matsuo, who had been so excited to start learning magic, he devoted all his free time to practicing, almost to the detriment of his practical schoolwork. Not having an interest in familiars before, neither of his parents had one. His mother got pregnant rather young and they both decided they would rather have a family, and it was hard to raise a child with a familiar about, they felt. But his father became a familiar to his mother after the loss of his magic, taking the form of a wolf. They kept the more intimate, bonding details a secret, away from Matsuo, and largely carried on as if everything was the same, except with one parent being able to use magic, and the other to a significantly lesser extent. Matsuo could tell, somehow, that the dynamic was different. While he was never pressured into it, though never talked out of, when Matsuo was becoming a young adult, he decided that he wanted to become a familiar. He hated being like an outsider to his own world, he hated the magic inside him burning and boiling, aching to be used. He understood what becoming someone's familiar could entail, and for the most part, he felt he was ready to accept it.

Other Info:

Hobbies:

Reading: Especially nonfiction. Despite not being able to use it practically, he also reads a lot on magic instruction. Being barred from a majority of educational groups for young witches, it was up to him to try to stay up to pace by studying in his own time, even if he couldn't use magic, he didn't want to be left out in at least his understanding. It's been an obsession through adulthood, and he's done a good deal to make sure he hadn't fallen behind his peers.

Cooking: The closest thing he can get to using magic is creating a delicious meal. Once he had no use to practice using magic, his mother made sure he devoted some time away from books to other things, and often had him help her in the kitchen, and taught him how to cook very basic things. Soon, he was learning himself how to cook without using magic, as his mother's practical knowledge in the kitchen only went so far.

Computer Games: A good deal of them being visual novels (and admittedly quite a few otome games) one of his more indulgent past times.

Archery: Taking it up in high school since his school required he join a club or sport, he started to become quite invested, and kept up with it to this day, trying to get in at least two sessions a week to practice.

----

Voice: Toriumi Kousuke

Samples:

Job: Works as a librarian's assistant at the practical university he's currently enrolled in

Morning shifts at work, when it's not busy, and he can get the work done quickly before being able to read his latest book.

Homemade desserts, despite loving cooking, he is not very good at baking, so they're a special treat

Animals

Old horror movies- he likes the idea of horror, but is a bit of a coward when it comes to really frightening things, especially since quite a few of the monsters humans liked to pretend to fear were a real threat to witches. But old movies tend to be much less frightening, with either goofy effects or unpolished storytelling or editing, which allows him to enjoy the horror elements without being too disturbed.

Appearance: Long black hair, frequently tied in a ponytail. Most of his hair is straight, though starts to develop a wave a little past his jaw, the extent of his hair reaching past his shoulders. He has broad shoulders and a fairly toned body, though you wouldn't know it since he tends to wear large sweatshirts casually. He has amber eyes, one of which tends to look a little orange in moonlight, an odd genetic quirk that ran on his mother's side of the family. He has a rather tapered jaw, that gives him a hard, cold look initially, but once you talk to him, starts to appear more tender.

Matsuo sat patiently outside Councilman Inoue's office. He had been summoned today to hear about the results of the test he had taken two weeks prior. Unless a witch was already friends with someone who was able and willing to become a familiar, witches and witchbloods- those who had magic but incapable of using it, making them candidates to become familiars- would turn to the Academy this time of year to take a test to assess a good partner. It was a little strange, Matsuo felt it was a little like an arranged marriage, since a witch and familiar's relationship was intimate and, with rare exception, lifelong. Suddenly, they'd be a part of a stranger's life, sometimes. Of course, there were plenty of witches who knew witchbloods and vice vets and still took the test, he had heard quite a few times stories about good friends being paired. But Matsuo wasn't exactly close with his peers, even moreso than witchbloods with less of a connection to the witch world, so he wasn't exactly going to discover he'd be spending the rest of his life with an old friend.

Still, Inoue called him in today, meaning that his assessment paired him with someone else. It was a relief, since the year before there wasn't an ideal match, and it was a considerable blow to his mental health, going through another year would be difficult. Ozaki Matsuo felt a soft crackle between his ears, not unpleasant, but not ignorable, it was the signal that Councilman Inoue was ready for him to enter. He got up and quickly entered, smiling at the older man before lowering his head politely. Inoue looked about fifty, but Matsuo knew he was a good deal older than that, and that he had looked the same over a decade ago. Matsuo spent a good time of his youth with this man, as him and his grandfather were close. Naturally, the relationship was not the same now, and Inoue barely returned the smile.

"My… you've really gotten big," Inoue commented. "It was a little strange seeing the name of a six year old in the assessment papers until I realized more than fifteen years had gone by. Of course, it was surprising at all to see the name Ozaki listed as a potential familiar." He said playfully, but with an obvious bit of malice in his tone. Matsuo turned his head away. Witchbloods were typically a natural occurrence, whether through mixed heritage of witch and human, or genetic variant. Witchbloods created through criminal punishment was exceptionally rare. His family were the only ones known to the Academy of Japan. Ozaki used to be a proud, powerful name, and now it was a mark of deep shame, an admission of powerlessness, an open invitation to be kicked. Inoue felt personally betrayed by Matsuo's grandfather, though he wasn't the target, and obviously still held a good deal of resentment.

"So today, you'll become a witch's familiar. It's going to be quite a lifestyle change, and despite how prepared you think you are, you're not going to expect what's going to happen." Inoue warned him. "It's certainly not the life your grandfather anticipated you'd lead. I hope you really thought about this. It might just be better to live in the practical world."

"I've made my decision," Matsuo said rather curtly, raising his gaze again. He would gladly accept becoming a second-class citizen in the witch world than separate himself entirely to join regular humans. And from his perspective, second-class was moving up. Inoue's eyes seemed to flash in surprise, and his frown deepened.

"There won't be many of those to make on your own from here on out," Inoue reminded him. He had called Matsuo earlier than his witch specifically to 'catch up' with his old friend's grandson, but he knew Matsuo's future master was due here very soon now.

"You think that this bothers me," Matsuo answered. "I've thought about this for a long time. I know what being a familiar means, I was raised by one. You want to humiliate me, make me regret my choice before it's even finalized. You think being a familiar should be humiliating for an Ozaki, but for me, I knew the shame of the name before I understood of the former pride. I'm not falling further, no matter what you think. I think you're mainly upset that we won't turn to self-exile."

Suddenly, in an instant, an invisible wall seemed to push Mastuo's body forward, and he fell onto the desk, knocking off a few papers. He gasped for air, the wind nearly knocked out of him, the invisible force still pressed down on him.

"Is there anything else you'd like to add?" Inoue asked. "Still want to take advantage to talk to me like this while you still can? Before you'll need permission to talk to me at all? Or anyone within these Academy halls, for that matter. That's what you're doing, right?"

Matsuo's fists balled tightly, his knuckles turning white. It was such a basic spell, one tended to be used in sudden defense, as it was easily dispelled… for another magic user. But he was helpless under Inoue's simple force. It pressed down harder, it was a little harder to breathe. Then, it was down, Matsuo filled his lungs with air and stood up as soon as he could.

"Thought so," Inoue said with a smile. "Your witch is just outside…" A simple, subtle gesture, and the man outside would get the same signal Matsuo received. He tried to catch his breath, and calm himself enough to make a good first impression, but he was a little shaken by the sudden assault.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noise Prince

• GayYaoiPrince

Sorry if there are any mistakes, i wrote this on my phone while i was out ahah-

I'm really bad at making character backstories //rip me.

Name: Haruko, Aikawa

Nickname: Haru, Ai

Sexuality: Bisexual

Sex: Male

Position: Seme

Species: Witch

Height: 5'5"

Appearance: Ai has black shoulder length curly hair, Kind ice blue eyes and soft flawless pale white skin.

He has very feminine facial and body features and thin body structure, There's a deep scar that runs across his back as well as that goes all the way around his neck.

Clothes: He loves to dress in the colors black and white, his most worn outfit is a pair of white skinny jeans, a tight black sleeveless top, a silver belt and chain along with a pair of leather boots. He's never seen without a bandage around his neck.

Personality: Despite his kind eyes and his beautiful feminine features Ai is actually quite cruel, due to a dark past he doesn't trust people easily, he also acts rude towards others without reason but there are a few people who he does trust, towards them he's still a little harsh but he can be quite friendly around them as well, Ai goes out of his way to be as honest as possible no matter how hurtful the truth may be as he believes lying only causes trouble and that it doesn't help anyone to tell them anything but the truth.

History: Ai's family wasn't one with a lot of money but that didn't matter, his family was happy with what they had, the happiest time in his childhood was when his parents started to teach him how to use magic to him it seemed like the most amazing thing in the world and it was as not everyone had the ability to use magic. Ai was at the top of his class with the highest grades, though he often got bullied for his girlish name and looks he stilled loved school, he would study hard all the time !!but his happiness was cut short when his parents were tragically killed by another magic user and he was forced to live with his hateful uncle that's when everything changed, he became closed off from everyone else and his grades began to drop and he grew hateful of magic, still he would use it necessary.

Ai's uncle would often abuse him, force him to do work for him and sometimes even worse. His hate for his uncle was far more than his hate for magic so he started learning more about magic again in hopes of becoming strong enough to beat his retched uncle.

Other Info:

Hobbies:

Reading: Ai spends all of his free time reading up on all things magic in hopes of becoming the most powerful witch, of course he still has a lot to learn before that happens.

Ai doesn't have any other hobbies.

---------

Voice: Ashikiba - Miyano Mamoru

Job: Assistant at his uncle's store.

Salty foods: Ai has never been a fan of sweet things even when he was a kid he preferred the taste of saltier foods, it's just a preference of his.

Sleeping: Ai loves to sleep around 8-10 hours a day because then he's refreshed and full of energy and can read and practice for long periods of time without getting tired.

Studying: Ai loves to learn knew things so studying is an obvious thing for him to like.

Practicing Magic: Ai wants to become the strongest witch so of course he loves to practice because its the only way he'll get stronger

Snow: Ai loves the way snow looks and feels, he also loves how cold it gets when it snows.

Extra:

He's often mistaken for a teen or a child due to his looks and height.

He loves to start fights.

I don't know if this is long enough--- but ayy

Today was the day, Ai would finally be getting the familiar he'd been wanting for such a long time, the only real interest he had in having a familiar was the fact that his magic would get stronger, then again having control over someone else could possibly be fun, of course he couldn't tell his uncle about it, he wouldn't allow it an would end up torturing him even more than usual and then he wouldn't even be able to get his familiar, so he would tell his uncle that they were friends… but wait wouldn't that be lying? didn't he hate lying? yes but in this case telling the truth just wasn't an option.

He told his uncle that he had somewhere better to be than helping him at the store (It's a secret store with special items for magic wielders, there's a spell on it that makes it only visible to ones who have magic) now of course Ai's uncle wasn't happy with him ditching to go somewhere else but he rushed out of there before he could be stopped by any magic his uncle could throw at him. He was pretty fast on his feet after all.

As he headed to the academy he couldn't stop thinking about who the person he was matched with could be, what if he didn't like him?? what then? could he refuse their partnership or would he be stuck with someone he didn't like? in the end it didn't really matter though as he would do whatever was necessary to get stronger, there wasn't a single thing that he wouldn't do for more power.

Finally he arrived at the academy, he made his way inside, patiently waiting to be called into the office to meet his familiar, it seemingly took centuries for the sound to be made to indicate it was his turn to enter, okay it didn't really take long at all but Ai really wasn't as patient as he thought he was.

He stepped into the room with his hands shoved in his pants pockets "Is he going to be my familiar??" he questioned immediately, his eyes wandered up and down the others body, it wasn't surprising at all that the other male was taller than him, most guys were but that never phased him just because he was smaller than most didn't mean he was also weaker, anyone who tried to pick on him would be surprised with an ass kicking.

(You're good~!)

Inoue chuckled at the young witch's rather brash attitude. Whether it was eagerness or impatience, he definitely came off as very strong willed. Matsuo was a little surprised by the stature of the witch. He wasn't that much shorter than him, give or take a few inches, but he was quite slender. He had a pretty face, so delicate he looked too young to be here. But he must be in his twenties, at least, in order to take the assessment.

"Yes, Aikawa Haruko, this is Ozaki Matsuo," The two had never met, but Inoue knew it was likely that Haruko knew the "Ozaki" name. Something about the way he said Matsuo's family name made him feel uneasy. "This will be your familiar,"

Matsuo bowed politely in his witch's direction. Now that he was seeing him, it was feeling more and more real. Very soon, he was going to belong to this man, indefinitely. His future, his life, all depended on Ai. Any decisions he could make would be because Ai allowed him. He knew this to be the case, of course, going in. But the reality of it now… he could very well end up with someone who wouldn't allow him any freedom at all, couldn't he? He had no idea what kind of person this witch was, and he wouldn't know much by the time they were bonded. It was something he thought about a lot over the years, but it still was rather scary now that he was faced with it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Matsuo told him, raising his head again. This was so strange, it really did feel like going into an arranged marriage. It felt weird to be so formal in a way strangers were, when soon enough Matsuo would be his familiar.

"Both of you, please have a seat." Inoue said, gesturing to the two chairs, and he took his seat behind his desk, after picking up the papers Matsuo had spilled onto the floor. It was pretty custom for a Councilmember and an assessment pair to share a casual conversation for a short while, just to make sure there was nothing explosively wrong between the witch and would-be familiar. While familiars were expected to be obedient to their witches, it was better for everyone that they didn't put a witchblood into a position of servitude to a witch they vehemently disagreed with. But that was pretty rare.

"Ozaki, you'll be able to become an animal," Inoue started. "Have you given any thought to what it will be? Maybe a dog? Or a rat would better suit you,"

Matsuo clenched his fist at his side, moving it out of sight, and tried to keep his expression neutral. He really hadn't seen Inoue since he was a child, so the extent of his hatred for his family was still a bit jarring. Even now, he didn't expect him to say such things in front of his witch. Soon to be his witch, rather.

"Those are two options," He agreed. He actually had considered a dog. His dad was a wolf after all, and a dog would be less conspicuous, and he'd be able to go out in public without causing as much fuss as a wolf would. But he had ultimately chosen what he wanted to become.

"And you, Aikawa, do you have any preference? A dream pet, perhaps?" Inoue asked the witch.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

The name sounded so familiar like he had heard it somewhere before could it be the name of an important family?? he didn't know and he honestly couldn't careless it was just a name after all it didn't mean anything. So the short yet taller than him male was going to be his familiar just like he thought, he wasn't bad looking which was a plus, that meant he didn't have to look at an ugly mug all the time.

He rolled his eyes when the other bowed "Yeah... sure its nice to meet you too" he shrugged, he didn't care much for the whole intro to his new partner he just wanted to get this whole matching thing done with so he could hurry up and get stronger, he could get to know... what was his name? Matsuo?? better later if he wanted to but at the moment nothing was more important then getting this shit done.

He took a seat as he was told to, he glaced at Matsuo for a moment and then moved his attention to Inoue, it would be best to pay full attention to what he had to say, he wouldn't want to miss out on a any important details. He shifted in his seat to get a little more comfortable who knows how long he would have to be sitting down.

There seemed to be something going on between his familiar and Inoue, the man behind the desk seemed hostile towards the long haired male, it didn't bother him to be honest heck if they were to start fighting right then he would love it, who wouldn't love to watch a fight.

"Hmm...? Oh no I don't have any desired animal, you're free to become whatever animal you like I don't really care" he yawned "look is this gonna take long? I have something else to do today that's pretty important. Just say what you gotta say and do what you gotta do so that we can get out of here." he had to get back to his uncles shop, he was already in so much trouble for dithing if he stayed away for too long he would be in even more trouble which he really didn't want.

Matsuo noticed that Haruko wasn't exactly impressed with his show of manners. He took this as a sign that he might be a little more relaxed about such things, which was good. An overexcited and strict witch could end up being very troublesome for a new familiar. Or, maybe he was upset that he didn't get paired with a cute girl. It really wasn't uncommon for familiars to be used for purposes typically not spoken in polite company. While not required, it could play a large role in the dynamic and how the witch's power drawn from their familiar could manifest.

He also didn't seem interested in him at all, though. So maybe it was the latter bothering him rather than the former.

"That's good, then," Inoue said, though he didn't seem particularly happy about that. It really wasn't common for a witch to contradict the choice of their familiar when it came to their other form. It was, in the end, ultimately the familiar's decision, as it would be their magic drawn into the ritual to transform them, but the relationship could end up being in a rocky start if the witch really wants a specific animal and the familiar chooses something else, knowing this. It was considered one of the last 'true' choices a familiar could make, too, so it was hard to decide to either do as they wanted, or please their witch so they get along better. Fortunately it wasn't a choice Matsuo would have to make.

"Well, if you're both feeling ready," Councilmember Inoue started, standing up. "We can move to the back room."

The barren wall behind him seemed to dissolve into a black door with no knob, that opened when he walked towards it. Matsuo got up and followed, excited to see the set up for the ritual. Of course, he was quite nervous about the whole ordeal. But he'd made his decision, so he wasn't going to worry about all the 'maybes'. Besides, the assessment was a really accurate means of pairing witches and witchbloods, the chances of something going very sour was fairly slim.

The room was illuminated by many candles, but still appeared dark, with its black walls and floor. It was fairly large considering the sigil in white chalk in the center. There were three circles in the center of it, one for Matsuo to kneel, his palms facing up on his knees, one for Haruko, and the center one, the smallest, held an enchanted parchment paper and a ceremonial knife. Haruko would cut his palm and let it drip onto the paper, the cut would heal soon after the blood made contact. Then he would cut one of Matsuo's, and he would let his own blood drop as well. Their blood would become their contract, their bond, forming red ancient runes on the paper. Haruko would decide where to put the collar spell- commonly called since it was traditionally placed at the neck, it's official name just being a bind, and could really be put anywhere. It was just a central point for the witch to take physical control, if needed. Matsuo would then take the form of the animal of his choice, as the bind spell would finally allow him the access to his own magic, initially to take on the new form. And then it was done. Incredibly short, and rather simple, considering the grandiosity of its nature.

Matsuo noticed that Haruko wasn't exactly impressed with his show of manners. He took this as a sign that he might be a little more relaxed about such things, which was good. An overexcited and strict witch could end up being very troublesome for a new familiar. Or, maybe he was upset that he didn't get paired with a cute girl. It really wasn't uncommon for familiars to be used for purposes typically not spoken in polite company. While not required, it could play a large role in the dynamic and how the witch's power drawn from their familiar could manifest.

He also didn't seem interested in him at all, though. So maybe it was the latter bothering him rather than the former.

"That's good, then," Inoue said, though he didn't seem particularly happy about that. It really wasn't common for a witch to contradict the choice of their familiar when it came to their other form. It was, in the end, ultimately the familiar's decision, as it would be their magic drawn into the ritual to transform them, but the relationship could end up being in a rocky start if the witch really wants a specific animal and the familiar chooses something else, knowing this. It was considered one of the last 'true' choices a familiar could make, too, so it was hard to decide to either do as they wanted, or please their witch so they get along better. Fortunately it wasn't a choice Matsuo would have to make.

"Well, if you're both feeling ready," Councilmember Inoue started, standing up. "We can move to the back room."

The barren wall behind him seemed to dissolve into a black door with no knob, that opened when he walked towards it. Matsuo got up and followed, excited to see the set up for the ritual. Of course, he was quite nervous about the whole ordeal. But he'd made his decision, so he wasn't going to worry about all the 'maybes'. Besides, the assessment was a really accurate means of pairing witches and witchbloods, the chances of something going very sour was fairly slim.

The room was illuminated by many candles, but still appeared dark, with its black walls and floor. It was fairly large considering the sigil in white chalk in the center. There were three circles in the center of it, one for Matsuo to kneel, his palms facing up on his knees, one for Haruko, and the center one, the smallest, held an enchanted parchment paper and a ceremonial knife. Haruko would cut his palm and let it drip onto the paper, the cut would heal soon after the blood made contact. Then he would cut one of Matsuo's, and he would let his own blood drop as well. Their blood would become their contract, their bond, forming red ancient runes on the paper. Haruko would decide where to put the collar spell- commonly called since it was traditionally placed at the neck, it's official name just being a bind, and could really be put anywhere. It was just a central point for the witch to take physical control, if needed. Matsuo would then take the form of the animal of his choice, as the bind spell would finally allow him the access to his own magic, initially to take on the new form. And then it was done. Incredibly short, and rather simple, considering the grandiosity of its nature.

Ai tapped his foot impatiently like he had mentioned there was somewhere else that he had to be, there didn't seem to be anything else that they had to talk about, it seemed they would be able to get of with the bonding between the two. Inoue mentioned that if they were both ready they could both proceed to the next step, he waited for the other male to get up from his seat before he got up from is own, he then followed Inoue and Matsuo through the door that had appeared from behind the wall.

He looked around the illuminated room, he liked how the room was dark yet seemingly light at the same time, he examined the white chalk sigils, okay this was really happening, he was finally going to get his familiar, he watched as Matsuo got down on his knees in the middle of one the the chalk sigils as he moved to his own sigil, he let out a deep breath and picked up the ceremonial knife "Here we go" he muttered before running the sharp edge of the blade along the length of his palm, quickly he let his blood drop onto the paper, next it was Matsuo's turn to cut his palm and let his own blood drip onto the paper, that would bind them.

Next step of the ritual was to put the collar somewhere on the other male, AI decided it would be best to just put it around the younger males neck "That should be it right?" he questioned, taking a step back from the other, he would be able to change forms now that their binding should be completed, he was curious if Matsuo was going to go with the form of a dog or had he thought of something else that he would rather be? after all he only got one choice that he would have to love with from that point on so he would have to make sure that he chose the one he wanted most.

This would be it, they would be bonded for the rest of their lives, there was no going back now, he just had to keep telling himself that it was a way to easily get stronger without having to force himself to practice even more than he already has been.

Matsuo took his place in his circle of the sigil drawn on the floor, and Ai did the same, and took the knife in one hand, and slide the blade across his palm, letting the blood fall onto the parchment. Already, the blood sprawled over the paper in tendrils and swirls, as if searching for more blood to intertwine with. Matsuo took the knife when Ai handed it for him to draw his own blood. He felt like he could hear his skin pop under the point of the knife when he pressed it against his palm, and pulled it to the other side, as if drawing a line. The blade really didn't struggle to cut through the skin, almost as if it was just 'unzipping' the skin. Nevertheless, Matsuo winced a little, a ceremonial cut was still a cut, and it stung. The blood pooled over the cut, and slid down his hand, dripping onto the parchment between the two. Ai's blood circled around the droplets as they also branched out across the paper's surface. Matsuo felt his wound close, like his skin was tightening, once the paper was satisfied with the amount spilled. Soon the blood couldn't be differentiated, and they formed dark red runes that faded into the parchment.

Once that was done, Ai placed his collar spell. Matsuo asked his father what it felt like, if it hurt or if he could feel anything. His bind was on his wrist, and he told him it was warm when it was cast, and whenever his witch- Matsuo's mother- was summoning him when they were distanced. He felt the warmth around his neck, a traditional choice, but it wasn't just that. It felt almost like a hot marble rolling around his neck. And then he transformed. He felt his body become lighter, build to fly, his feathers, his wings outstretched. He was transforming.

Not physically, at first. But he felt it, like there was new blood pumping in his veins. He had heard it would feel different, but he hadn't expected to feel like this. Like he was bird and human simultaneously. And then, effortlessly, freely, his body became that of a crow.

And that was that. They bound was truly complete. Matsuo was no longer a witchblood, but a familiar. Permanently bound to a witch he didn't know. Matsuo became human again, as easy as standing up. He looked at Inoue, who remained silent in the back, acting as a witness, though it wasn't exactly an easy feat to fake a ritual between witch and familiar.

"It is done," The councilman told them, and walked through the door that opened for him. It looked like he walked into a pitch black room, but his office was brightly lit once inside. "The both of you are free to leave, or stay on academy grounds if you would like to refer to any of our resources here."

Matsuo looked at Aikawa, wondering what he wanted to do. Matsuo was sure to make sure he had the entire day to devote to this, but the way the witch acted rather impatiently made him think he wanted this to go quickly, over with, and move on to something else. Maybe he had something important that had to be today, and they wouldn't have time to get to know one another until another day.

AI watched in awe as the transformation began, it looked amazing, he probably wouldn't get a chance to see something like this again. He saw the form of wings appearing on Matsuo, so he had chosen a sort of bird? he doubted that would happen if he hadn't. He unintentionally tapped his one foot. Within a moment Matsuo had taken the form of a crow, he was happy with that, the sharp black of its feathers was really something to look at, having a partner that could fly would no doubt come in handy at times.

AI thanked the gods above that this was finally done and he could get out of there, the councilman said his final words before taking his leave back to his office well that's what assumed anyway.

He moved his attention to the taller but younger male, examining him one last time with his eyes, before opening his mouth to say something to the other witch... or it was familiar now wasn't it? "Like I said I have somewhere to be so I'll be going but no one is stopping you from coming with me of that's what you wish" he spoke in a casual tone, he turned and made his way out of the building, he didn't look back to see if the other was tagging along, blocking out all of his surroundings he began to think things over, what was it he had to do to gain more power again? prove his domonice over his familiar or something? he would figure that out later what was important right now was getting to his uncle's magic shop.

(btw I've subscribed to this thread ^^ )

Matsuo was glad for it to be over too, though for different reasons. He was glad to finally leave the councilman's office, he was glad that his worrying over the ritual was finally past, and he was glad to finally be a familiar. Though, while he actively sought it out and wished for this, knowing full well what it entailed, he felt it was a little strange to be so happy about it. He didn't even know if he liked his witch or not, and the other certainly didn't seem that interested in him, but he was still very excited. Maybe he was feeling so good because his magic wasn't trapped anymore, and the fact that, as a familiar, he had a second form, which somehow felt as if that fundamentally changed him. He felt lighter and, ironically, freer, than he had in a long time. He wondered if Aikawa felt any different.

Aikawa looked at him, up and down, and Matsuo wondered if he was sizing him up, like he did before, if he was looking for physical changes. He wondered if he looked different now, too. Aikwawa looked the same, he seemed almost unaffected by the whole thing. He had treated the ritual almost like a nuisance. Did he not really care what happened here? It was kind of shocking, since a witch taking on a familiar is no light folly, it was a lifelong commitment. Their views on it were so drastic, if this was the case, it seemed odd that they would be matched up. Inoue wouldn't have purposefully matched them in order to slight him, would he? No, that was far too nefarious, and another council member would have intervened, he was sure. He shouldn't be so cynical, after all, he really didn't know enough to make any sort of assumption about Aikawa.

The invitation seemed rather cold, as well. He really sounded like he couldn't care less, which was a little hurtful. But Matsuo had cleared his whole day for this, it would be a shame to just end up doing nothing, and if Aikawa didn't mind him tagging along, that's what he'd do, so he followed.

Ai made his way out of the build and began walking through the streets, passing by the many people who no knowledge of magic or others that only believed that magic was only something used in stories, boy were they wrong about that. He felt sorry for those who didn't know about magic but was also envious, had his family not been involved with magic they would surely still be alive.

Ah so Matsuo had decided to follow him, he figures that he would "You can ask me anything you want, you probably want to know more about your new partner right?" he said without looking at the other, he knew that he probably wanted to get to know him netter since they were bound together now, he kept his ears open in case the taller of the two wanted to say anything.

His uncle's shop wasn't actually too close to the academy so they'd have quite some walking to do so it was a good time for them to talk, of course Ai wouldn't really be the one to start up a conversation about random things but he would reply to anything directed at him.

He turned into a shortcut through a alley way, if they were to speak it would be best that the regular folk didn't hear what they were talking about, he didn't want to be perceived as some insane man who thought magic was real and that the person beside him was a familiar, a person with the ability to turn into an animal whenever they'd like.

Matsuo followed the shorter man down the street, which was pretty populated despite the time of day. This was a pretty busy area, with lots of shops. It might seem odd to have the Academy's secret location here, but it had actually been here before it became a for restaurants and shops. And it wasn't too bad having the Academy in a fairly convenient location. In some countries, they kept their Academies very isolated, so trips to it could end up being very difficult for those without access to high powered traveling magic, be it their own skill level, their proficiency, or not being able to acquire the material. Matsuo was definitely biased, but he thought this was the best way to go about it. Plus, he felt it made more people cautious about their secrecy.

Matsuo turned a bit flushed at the prompt that he could ask him anything. He wasn't really prepared to. Fortunately Aikawa didn't look back at him.

"Where are we going?" He decided on after a moment. Seemed as good a start as any.

Hmm... that was a little surprising he wasn't expecting that to be the first thing the other asked, well it didn't matter anyway, there was no reason not to tell him where they were going "We're going to the place where I work" he answered clearly "Is that all you wanted to ask?" he looked over at his current traveling companion for only a moment before he looked back at where he was going.

He continued through the alley way and exited at the end, there weren't as many people in this area as there were in the last one, a few people here and there nothing to really worry about, they were all too busy with their own things to take note of what anyone else was talking about anyway.

Hopefully once they got top the shop his uncle wouldn't think much of Matsuo and would just let him get to his work, surely Matsuo wouldn't mind helping him out after he was supposed to do whatever AI wanted right?

Matsuo nodded as if that was reasonable, but he found it very odd that they were going to his place of work. He didn't have someone cover for him, when today was so important? Maybe he couldn't, or maybe he had a very strict boss. He felt bad for judging his financial situation, it might be a job he couldn't risk losing. Regardless, he felt Aikawa became a little more of a mystery. He also darted through an alleyway, as if he was use to this path, he walked through rather effortlessly. To Matsuo, it was a little strange, but it was a little more exclusive, so he could feel more open with his questions without being vague.

"No, um," Matsuo didn't have another question ready, though. He had hoped that his answer would be more descriptive and their conversation could start from that. He thought that would be a good point to start to get to know him. "Are you a student? Or do you work full time?"

Aikawa sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets as they were walking, he wondered if there was anything improtant that he should ask Matsuo? he couldn't think of anything that seemed like something he should know, so he just shrugged, he would let the younger ask the questions, that is if he even had any.

"I used to be a student around 2 years ago but i found being a student and working at the same time a bit challenging so i decided to just work full time" he answered, of course that wasn't exactly the truth, if it were up to him he wouldn't be working at all and would rather be studying full time "What about you? are you a student or do you perhaps have a job also?" he asked in return, he guessed Matsuo was probably a full time student, he just seemed like the type who would be devoted to his studies but heck he could be wrong.

Matsuo wondered if he should really keep following, he felt he might be bothering Aikawa at this point. Maybe he just wasn't in a good mood today, and it would be better to meet another time. He was struggling to come up with small talk.

"Ah, it's both," Matsuo replied awkwardly, taken off guard by the other asking him a question, showing interest. "I mean, I am a student, but I work part time at the library at the university I attend." He clarified. He was fortunate to have a job at the school, because his hours were so flexible, and they didn't expect him to put in too many hours. He only worked fifteen hours a week, so he had plenty of time for his studies. He was afraid he sounded as if he was bragging, like he could keep up a job and studying. "The university has limits on how much a student employee can work, so I don't actually work a lot," He added.

Ai waited for the other to finished talking before he spoke "I'd say that's good, they probably want you to use more time on studying rather than working, they also probably want you to get enough time to rest" he said, bring one of his hands up to move a curly lock from his face "So, since you work in a library does that mean you like reading books?" he figured that asking questions and talking was better than walking in silence, if the other did indeed like books, perhaps they could talk about their favorites? Ai does like to read, usually its just magic books but he's read his fair share of other books too.

He looked around the area, hm.. the store actually wasn't too much further, they must have been walking fast without even realizing it, he sighed, he was not looking forward to work at all but it had to be done.

Matsuo nodded, smiling, it was definitely true, and he was glad that the school had such a policy in place to make sure students would have enough time. Of course this wasn't ideal for some students who needed to work more hours, but they either got other jobs elsewhere, or found ways to weasel around the rules. Matsuo didn't know how they didn't get caught, but perhaps the school wasn't that strict about it to enforce it too much, but Matsuo wasn't interested in pushing his luck since he didn't need to, even if he was curious about how to go about it.

"Yes, I love reading," Matsuo told him. "And certain hours are really nice because when it's not busy, or during periods where not a lot of students are checking out books or using the monitored resources, it's kind of like getting paid to read. So, what kind of place do you work?"

Like he had thought Matsuo did love to read, one probably wouldn't work in a library if didn't at least like to read a little "I like to read too, mainly research on things though, what kind of books do you like to read?" he was feeling a little more talkative than he was before they left the academy "What kind of place do i work at?" he repeated the others question before answering it "I work at my uncle's store, its a shop for magic users, we sell; spells, enchanted items, ingredients for specific spells, you know all that kind of stuff."

"It's actually just up this road" he mentioned, looking ahead, the building ahead was actually quite colorful and it stood out a lot but to people without magic it just looked like an old abandoned building that had been locked up. He dreaded going in there today but he couldn't not show up as that would cause nothing but problems for him.

Matsuo was quite happy that Aikawa seemed to open up considerably more than earlier. He wasn't such an 'ice queen' after all. "I'm a fan of nonfiction, too. I tend to like science fiction, though, when I want a story. I'm been pretty interested in texts on magic, though, as useless as that sounds," He admitted. His eyes widened at Aikawa's response. A magic shop… that was very interesting. There were so many specialist vendors these days it was hard to find a reliable, general store. That must be a very convenient place to work. Especially if his uncle was the owner! He might even get steep discounts on rarer ingredients.

"Ah," Once Aikawa pointed it out it was up ahead, Matsuo could tell what building he was referring to. It was vividly colored in stark contrast to it's rather desaturated surroundings, but it also had a slight haze, if you looked for it, that indicated a glamour around it. So it wasn't secretly hidden like the Academy, it was hidden in plain sight. How neat!

Sorry for the late reply, I'm sick at the moment and i get really lazy when I'm sick so replies might be slow until i'm better x.x

Aikawa smiled "Magic is overall interesting so reading thing about it sure to be interesting so i get why you've been into texts on magic" well at least he hadn't ended up with a partner he couldn't talk to, that would have been awful even if Aikawa himself doesn't start up conversations much, he still enjoys a talk every now and then.

"Its pretty cool isn't it?" he eyed the building, he had always loved the store its self but he despised its owner which made working there hell but there was nothing he could do about it so he worked there without a complaint.

As they neared the shop a man could be seen standing in front of it, he stood at around 6ft, he had short geld back blond hair, his eyes were the same icy blue as Ai's, he wore a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black pants and loafers. He brought his cigarette up to his mouth as he watched the others approach with a scowl on his face.

When Aikawa saw the expression on his uncle's face he new he was in more trouble than he thought "Don't say a word." he said in a serious tone to Matsuo, the moment they got to the store, Ai's uncle delivered a firm back hand to the side of his nephew's face, his eyes wandered to Matsuo for a moment before going back to Aikawa "The new shipments arrived, go categorize them in the storage room." he managed to say calmly.

Oh he was going easy on Ai because he had Matsuo with him? "Of course. I'll get to it right away, Let's go Matsuo." he grabbed Matsuo's wrist and dragged him into the shop and to the back where the storage room was "You can look around if you want." he began looking through the new things that had arrived.

You're fine ^^; Sorry to hear you're feeling sick, though :0

Matsuo smiled back and nodded. He was glad his partner didn't find it useless that he spent so much time studying magic. After all, it was a very varied topic, so it really couldn't get tired even after extensive recreational study. Aikawa seemed to be opening up a little more, too, so that was a good sign. It wasn't unusuall at all for a witch to be interested in reading on magic, but it was still nice to know they shared that in common, at the very least.

"Yeah, it is, not many glamoured ones around these days, especially in the city," He replied. It was nice to see that, he found glamours so interesting. As they approached, Matsuo could see there was a man standing in front of the entrance, he was very tall, had slick hair, and nice clothes. He wondered if this was his uncle. The only thing they seemed to have in common was eye color, though, but it was a striking similarity, considering how piercing they were. Especially since the man seemed to grow increasingly more angry as they stepped closer. Matsuo was taken back by the guttural demand, by the sudden tone shift, feeling the tension between the two. Still, he wasn't prepared for when the blond man struck Aikawa across the face. Matsuo jumped, but held his tongue as asked, though his expression when the man turned his eyes on him betrayed his feelings more than his words could have.

Matsuo followed his witch's lead towards the back in the storage room. He was still a bit shaken up, so he didn't say anything. Ai had asked him not to say anything, so he figured he wouldn't ask about it, either. He just let his eyes wander over the stock. They really had a lot of variety here. Matsuo let his fingers trace over a copy of a famously difficult, archaic tome. He was fairly efficient in Tongues- the language of witches, of magic, but it was well beyond his capacity to read and fully understand. It was really neat that a general store would carry such an item. He wondered if Aikawa had a say in the merchandise, if it was his choice to stock it. There was only one, so maybe it was actually a personal copy.

"Is this yours?" He asked, hesitant to break the silence, that felt like a seal of sorts.

Aikawa was still thinking of how surprising it was that all he got was a blow to the face, he eyed Matsuo, maybe keeping him around would be a good idea, perhaps then his uncle wouldn't go as hard on him as he usually would... but what if his uncle started to suspect something was up with the other male and risking his identity as a his familiar wasn't worth a few less hits her and there.

He easily got caught up in his work, sorting books together by the difficulty of them, sorting through the special gems they got, making sure all the same kinds and sizes were together and of course his favorite part, making sure all the enchanted items were legit and weren't just fakes laced with magic to give it the enchanted feel but it couldn't actually do anything. During his sorting he had seemingly forgotten about Matsuo, the younger had asked if something was his "Huh?" Ai turned to look at what he was talking about "Well, it's actually my uncle's but I have read a bit of it." he replied honestly.

He walked over to a door that lead outside to the backyard of the store, he opened it, the dark storage room was now lit up from the light coming through "You can stay inside and look at more things if you want or you can come outside with me." he retrieved the box of enchanted items and carried to the door, it was mandatory to test most of them in an open space since some of them had destructive properties and he definitely didn't want to break anything in the shop "I'm going to test these items, you can help if you want." he said just before heading out the door and into the backyard.

Matsuo nodded, and carefully placed the book back down. He didn't mean to do something to bring up his uncle. He felt a little awkward about it. He wished he could say or do something, but he couldn't think of anything that wouldn't just make things worse. It was kind of odd that Aikawa had invited him while his uncle was here, since this felt like it should be a more intimate detail. Matsuo might have thought of things differently if Aikawa hadn't told him not to say anything beforehand. That was enough to make him suspicious before the blow.

He noticed just how quickly Aikawa sorted through the various books and other merchandize, meticulous and automatic. He came bad here in hopes of helping, but he wasn't sure if trying to help would cause more problems than it was worth, especially since he presumed Aikawa would be blamed by his uncle if Matsuo did something incorrectly.

Matsuo felt a little awkward, as much as he enjoyed the storage room and all its various items, he felt pretty useless here. Maybe it wasn't so wise to come with him. Then Aikawa took a large box, and invited him out to the bad, to help. Whether it was because he could tell how awkward Matsuo was here or not, he was incredibly grateful for the change in scenery.

"I'll come with you," He answered eagerly.

It was probably best that Matsuo came outside with him anyway, he wouldn't want the other to be caught alone in the storage room by his uncle, who knows what he would do if he was alone with the familiar "Find something you like in the box and test it out." he said as he dug through the box for something he wanted to test more than the others, of course he would end up testing them all but there was always one thing that piqued his interest more than the other things in the box.

Aikawa found an intriguing wand with Latin words written across the length of it, it was actually a bit large for a wand but still small enough to be considered a wand, he wondered what it would do? it didn't have any information card with it, those were supposed to explain the items purpose and have instructions on how to use it properly.

He stepped away from the box and into the open space of the backyard, the words on the wand translated to 'The fire of the Lord will bring them to ashes' so he could guess that it was probably going to do something dangerous "Ignis Domini convertam eos ad cinerem" he read aloud, the wand began to glow a deep red but nothing significant happened, all that it did was scorch Ai's hand "Shit!" he cursed and let the wand drop to the floor.