Another World? (Orochi x WolfDog) (18+)

WolfDog12

"Well I believe you should be able to talk to other wolves. I'll walk away for a bit next time, I promise." He smiled, still slightly concerned about the other.

Staring at the letter as the other explained, he looked up and laughed. "Me? Dance? I can barely do the funky chicken!" But then he realized that Calix probably didn't know what dance that was, therefore it wasn't as funny. He shrugged and then followed Calix as they entered the ball room. He listened to his instructions and followed the other's lead as specified and then got curious. "The royal.family is so complicated.. I don't know how you know all this stuff so easily. What do I even say if they start asking questions?" He asked, quite concerned. He didn't realize how stressful attending this event would really be, and now he was quite worried. "And I'm afraid I can't treat you like dirt, dear Calix. I believe you deserve to be treated as you treat me, and no king or queen could ever tell me different." He smiled.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

• 0rochi

Calix looked mortified by being told that Blair couldn't dance. His ears dropped and the wolf had no idea what he was going to do... Maybe there was some way to ask for a postponed audience with the royal family. No, that wouldn't look good... He really was given a shameful and stubborn lord. "First off, I grew up knowing about the royal family. They aren't particularly secretive and it's only a given that everyone should be aware of those of higher ranking then them." Calix continued to lead in the dance really hoping that no one would ask Blair to dance... This was terrible. "Does your world not have a rank system or any form of leadership?" Of course the wolf didn't actually want the answer.

"You are a stupid Lord, Master..." That was as respectful as Calix could manage under the circumstances. "You must treat me as a servant because that is what I am. If you attempt to treat me as anything more, you will be stripped of your title, locked up until you can be sent home, and all form of communication or anything with your world will be cut. Your world will be treated as that of an enemy and if we must, we will rage war. Please understand your position. You weren't brought here to play around so I suggest you take your work more seriously." The wolf's grip on Blair tightened as he was growing rather angry with how wishy-washy Blair seemed to be.

Calix left one thing out of what would happen if Blair treated him as an equal. The wolf would be charged with influencing a new lord for benefits and would be sentenced to death on the spot. This was not a rule to be taken lightly. "It is one thing to be nice to your subjects in return for more but never as an equal. You understand?" Calix threatened. He was taking this very seriously event though Blair didn't seem to be. The wolf then focused more on dance lessons hoping something good would come from it.

All these formalities were starting to sicken Blair. Knowing he had to behave in front of royalty and treat this boy that he grew so close to like dirt, though he deserved so much to be treated like a real person. He didn't realize why Calix was so hellbent on what he was saying until he heard about the death sentence that Calix seemed to be cautious of. "Well as you wish, I'll treat you as a Butler only in public situations." He compromised. He felt ready to start a petition in this world against "wolf boy slavery", but it was so ingrained into everyone's minds that they were lower than dirt and his fear of the two worlds becoming at war, not to mention Calix's death sentence.. he really thought about how difficult living in this world was. Especially for wolf hybrids like Calix. "I'm sorry but I truly believe you deserve as much respect as myself. You're a hardworking, loyal, and trusting partner to me. I just wish you wouldn't think so low of yourself because of your species. Wolves are brave and mighty." He said, quite confident in what he believed in. Though he was saying this as they danced, it felt kind of ridiculous.

As an hour had gone by, Blair was ready for the ball early since the ride was quite long. "So what do I do when I greet them again? I forgot." He asked Calix as they got into the carriage. The carriage ride was estimated to be around 2 hours to travel, but Blair was find with that.

"Fine, I can compromise with that. As long as you make sure to treat me like a servant in front of others. You don't have to treat me like a slave and you can ask of my advice but if you wish for dishes to be taken care of or something you can ask me. I am your butler." Even though Blair had stepped on his toes a couple times while they were dancing, the wolf never missed a breath and showed no signs of injury.

It took some time but Blair managed to get some basic steps down though, Calix was still hoping no one would ask him to dance. Anyway, as the master was getting ready, a maid came in to help him dress since the new clothes could be a little confusing for first time wearers. Calix had gone to get changed himself into dresser attendant's clothing. It was even nicer than the butler outfit he typically wore.

They got into the carriage and Calix continued to go over the most important rules of royal manners. "When you greet other nobles, you must bow but not too low and introduce yourself as an ambassador of a foreign land. When greeting the royal family, you must bow low, so your head is just below the chest level and not look them in the eye until they tell you to raise your head. Words that tend to take a life time to get. Don't think they will say it right away. Also, when dancing, it is the female that approaches you. The princess may approach you so be sure to show your respects and compliment her. Also, do not ask a lady questions, you may only answer the ones they ask of you. It is alright if men have a back and forth conversation but women hold a higher standing," the wolf explained.

They were on their way and Calix was incredibly nervous just not wanting to bring shame to the manor he had served for so many years.

As they arrived, Blair tried to attempt to do as what Calix had told him, bowing respectively. They accepted him and he slowly lifted his head. He would whisper to Calix every now and then for advice on what to do next. Yet somehow he remained assertive with giving Calix commands, and the royal family seemed impressed. Blair was soon invited to dance by the princess but at this point he was slightly stressed. He managed to do well and not step on her feet, being careful when answering questions or even exchanging eye contact. He gave a few compliments, not too much as to make her uncomfortableyes, and soon they stopped dancing. Blair let out a soft sigh of relief to himself and was so proud that he managed to remain composed throughout this entire party. He engaged in certain important conversatioms that required his personal opinion but tried to word them in a way that would impress them. By the end of the party, the royal family had fallen in love with Blair. When they got into the carriage to ride off back to the Manor, he hugged Calix. "Thank you so much, Calix! Without you, I wouldn't have been able to impress them. I'm so sorry about treating you like that." He said quietly, though his excitement was quite evident. He chatted happily for the rest of the ride back to the Manor.

Once returning to the Manor, Blair whined. "Thank goodness I can get out of this outfit,it's so uncomfortable." He chuckled, as the maid brought him.in and helped him change into his regular outfit that he wore in the Manor. "Calix, surprisingly I'm still hungry. Do you have anything I could eat?" He asked.

The dancing actually went smoother than expected and the princess found it rather amusing that Blair didn't know how to dance. She even offered to give him lessons. She even whispered and asked for him to tell stories of his world in exchange. Calix watched on with worry for a while but seeing the next heir to the throne smiling as she counted the steps for him, it was clear she had taken a shine to him. It also was nice that he was accepted by the royal family so quickly... That must have been a new record for this kingdom.

The wolf continued to follow his master and give advice throughout the whole night until they made it too the end. The farewells were just as big as the greeting they all had and everyone seemed to have their attention on Blair at some point. That wasn't always a good thing.

Just before departure, Calix had slipped out of the castle and met up with the wolf they saw in town. They stayed as hidden as possible and the silver-furred wolf hugged the taller male. They held for a while so happy to see each other after so long. Calix wished he could have talked longer but he had to return to his master's side as they left. Hopefully no one saw them.

-----------------------------

They returned to the manor and Blair was helped out of his clothes and into something more comfortable though there was the hope for going to bed soon. After all, it was now past midnight. "I believe the chef has left for now but I shall make you something." Calix bowed but remembered something. "Also, my Lord, you treated me quite well. There is a way to have a higher standing and still be kind and you pulled it off. I like to serve and don't mind doing so. So please, you needn't hold back." With that the wolf disappeared into the kitchen only to return soon with food.

He brought the meal out and fed it to his master and waited patiently for the lord to grow tired and wish to retire for the night. The maid that stayed to help the lord upon his return, had now left and Calix was once again the only one left to serve. Still, he did not mind one bit.

Blair waited a bit and was utterly happy to finally be served a small meal. He ate happily and of course thanked Calix afterwards. After hearing what the other had to say he smiled. "I'm glad I did well, they seemed to like me a lot." He replied, looking quite proud. "But Calix, are you sure you're fine with that? I'm sorry I caused so much trouble lately." He said, looking a bit worried.

Soon, Blair started to grow tired and headed for the bedroom. He dressed appropriately into his night clothing (aka boxers) and fell asleep quickly.

The next morning, Blair came downstairs and was quite excited to see breakfast. "Thanks Calix, it's so good!" He moaned happily as he ate quickly. When he finally finished, he sighed happily. "Is there anything specific we must do today, Calix? Or is there just a small relaxation day?" He asked.

The wolf followed his master up stairs and made sure he was comfortable before sending him to bed. Calix said good night and slipped out. He did some more cleaning before sleeping on the couch again. Of course, the wolf didn't account for failing health. In fact, he just got sick for the first time in years. It was actually the maid that had to wake him the next day and she forced him to move. She helped the wolf to the servants' quarters and got him into a bed. After taking care of him, she returned to the main house.

The maid placed out the food made by the cook and felt bad when Blair came out excited to talk to a Butler that wasn't there. "I'm sorry, master. It seems Calix's health has taken a turn. He is resting right now. However, that being said, there are no plans for the next 3 days so you may take that time to do anything you wish. Beyond that, you will have to wait for Calix's return." The maid had to take over the wolf's duty for the day though she wasn't sure she knew how. At least Blair had several days off so he could hang around until the wolf returned.

"I have one request, dear maid. Would I be able to travel to the supermarket?" He asked, looking quite sad about Calix's absence. "I would like to pick something up and have it delivered immediately." He commanded, setting our for the carriage once he had dressed in proper attire.

They traveled out to the market and Blair decided to pick up some things to help Calix feel better. He bought some tissues, some medicine, and some fruit, as well as a basket to put it all in. After bringing it home, he assembled everything accordingly and decided to head out to the servants quarters. He of course didn't care what people tried to tell him, as he approached Calix who was sick in bed. "Here, I got this for you. Feel better soon, okay? I missed you." He said with a smIle.

The maid had gotten two bodyguards to accompany Blair to the market and they also helped pay for things. The two of them were big and intimidating lizard Men that kept their eyes out for any unusual behavior. When nothing happened, they simply followed the Lord back to the manor.

The maid wasn't thrilled by Blair going to the servant quarters but she didn't try to stop him and simply followed behind him and waited outside Calix's room as the master visited the wolf.

Calix was curled up wearing a sweatshirt that was quite big on him, curled up on his side under a number of blankets. He was sweating and panting in his sleep and woke up only when Blair was by his side. "M-master? You should be here. I don't want you getting sick." The wolf coughed and nuzzled under the blankets some more.

"I could not care less if I got sick. I want to make sure that you are okay." He smiled. "I brought you a book to read as well." He passed he other male a bright red hard cover book. "I hope you feel better soon,Calix. Get some rest. I apologize for bothering you." He said, leaving with the maid and heading back to the Manor. It was almost time for dinner so he decided that he would visit the library and read for a bit, as to kill some time.

Afterwards, when it was time to eat, he of course atell all that was on his plate. "Whew, thank you so much for the delicious meal, miss. Would you perhaps have some cake for me to eat for dessert?" He asked politely, hoping to not bother her. When he was served the cake and some milk along with it, he ate happily. The cakes here tasted so much better than what he was used to, since most were homemade. "Thank you very much." He said, getting up and bringing his dishes to the sink.

Feeling quite tired, he sunk into his chair for a bit. It felt so different to be without Calix. He kind of missed him.. a lot. He didn't know how he'd be able to say good bye after the year was up.

He then decided a while later to draw himself a bath. He undressed and got in once the water was at the correct temperature. He relaxed for a while, surprised that he couldn't kept Calix out of his thoughts. He was so grateful for Calix and yet he could be sentenced to death just for expressing that gratitude. This world was quite harsh in that sense. After his bath, Blair almost collapsed into his bed. He didn't do much today and yet he felt so tired. He hoped to try and do something else tomorrow.

"Thank you, My lord. I hope to be by your side again soon." Calix smiled a little before coughing again and trying to get back to sleep. Of course, he waited for his master to leave first as it would have been rude not to. The maid seemed happy after Blair visited the wolf.

"He seemed really happy that you went out of your way for him," the maid said. She had been around Calix since he had come to the manor. After all, she was an older woman that had helped him adjust to the new place and helped him along how to please the first lord. This maid was motherly by nature and was far more easy going than the usually stiff wolf. Heck, even when Blair took his own dishes to the sink, she did not complain and seemed happy about it.

"I do hope you don't mind strawberry cake. Calix is the best when it comes to pastries in this manor and this seems to be the only one left," she explained. "I can bake cookies and taught our young wolf and since then, he had taken up cooking and baking." She liked talking about Calix almost as much as Blair liked having him around. Probably the "Proud Mother Hen" type thing.

She returned to cleaning as Blair went to the library for a while.

Blair awoke the following day, assisted in dressing in the proper outfit. He had breakfast and thanked the maid. He was surprised with how different she cooked compared to Calix.

Blair then decided after his food settled that he would go on a small walk. He grabbed his jacket, and pulled on his shoes. "You can stay here, dear. The woods would be too dangerous. " He warned the maid, taking his switch blade that he took with him from another world, which was nestled into one of the coats pockets. "I'll be fine." He smiled and closed the door behind him. He walked down the trail again, exploring the forest like he did with Calix. It made him realize how much he truly missed Calix. He hoped he'd feel better soon, even if he was a pain sometimes. If he knew he'd gotten out and went walking by himself, Calix would be furious. He laughed softly about it to himself.

After returning from his walk, he pulled off his coat and shoes. By the time he came back it was around dinner time. "Whew, I'm a little hungry. What will we be eating for dinner, miss?" He asked curiously.

When Blair didn't return for lunch time, The maid got extremely worried. The woods were dangerous and he could get lost and end up out there for days. She hurried to the servants quarters and woke Calix once more and begged him to find the master. The wolf of course didn't complain and got out of bed. He didn't bother getting dressed as he was in a dozen layers already and there was no time. Even in his weakened state, he knew he'd be able to find his master.

Calix found the master not far into the woods as he was on his way back and walked over to him. "My lord, please don't worry us like that. We didn't know what would happen to you. It's easy to get lost in these woods.... you could have gotten hurt." Calix went into a coughing fit and stepped away from his lord for a moment. He wanted to avoid getting Blair Sick the best that he could. Once Blair returned to the manor, Calix dragged himself back to his bed.

The maid was happy to see Blair back and happily told the master what was for dinner. "Tonight we are having steak, mashed potatoes, with some vegetables, prepared by out chef of course. The chef will be here regularly now as will I and more servants as time goes by," she explained. Blair seemed to like Calix's cooking but it was fair to warn the master that the wolf would no longer do any cooking.

As Blair was strolling out of the woods he spotted a figure running towards him. Once realizing who it was, he got quite upset. He guessed that the maid had sento him to retrieve him from the woods. "Calix! Go back to bed at once, you need your rest. Don't go worrying about me, I'll be fine. You shouldn't be out here while you're sick." He said, quite worried about Calix. He didn't mind being around Calix even if he was sick and helped Calix walk back to the servants quarters. "I'm so sorry about disturbing you, Calix." He said, heading back to the Manor. Upon entering, he smiled as the maid told him.what they'd be having. He sat at the table once it was served and atelling quickly yet somehow remained polite. He thanked the maid for the food once he had finished and brought his dishes to the sink as he had done previously. "Hmm? The chef? So Calix won't be cooking anymore. That's okay, I do enjoy your cooking quite a lot as well." He said, smiling. "The steak was wonderful as well, cooked perfectly." He complimented, soon heading downstairs to read. He ended up falling asleep in the lounging area with the book on his chest, mumbling occasionally in his sleep.

"I'm always going to worry, Master." the wolf said before coughing again. He was helped back to bed where he didn't even complain about his master staying so close to the sick wolf. Calix just didn't want anything to happen to the master. For now, he had to rest though and gain up the strength to return to work.

The maid was happy to see Blair return and fed him dinner. After the meal, Blair went to read and the maid finished up her duty for the day. When it was time for the master to return to bed, she found him on the couch. With a gentle smile she thought about just placing a blanket over him and letting him stay but that wasn't good for his health so she walked over to gently wake him.

"My Lord, it is time for you to go to bed. Come now, up you go." She hoisted the male up and helped him to bed the way he did for Calix. She helped change him and made sure he was nice and comfortable before bowing out and leaving for the night.

------------------------------------

The next morning, when Blair finally woke, it was Calix that was first to greet him when he came down stares. The wolf was dressed again to start working. He still seemed pale and sluggish. Clearly he hadn't fully beat what he came down with but the wolf was still going to work hard since it was his job and as long as he could move, he would work.

Blair nodded sleepily as he arose from the couch, heading up to bed while the maid helped him change and get into bed, he passed out almost immediately after mumbling a thanks to the maid.

The next morning, he was greeting with a still sick looking Calix. "Calix, what are you doing here? You're still sick. Don't be so selfless, go get some rest soon okay? I don't need a lot and you know that." He smiled. But of course knowing Calix, he would persist and persist. He decided to just let him work. Blair was called due to breakfast being ready, he sits down to his food and begins eating happily. He knew of course it wouldn't be calix's cooking from what the maid had told him, but he still enjoyed it nonetheless.

After eating, he tidied up the area and brought the dishes in. He didn't clean themy, knowing he'd get a stern lecture. He decided today that he would relax and not go anywhere so he could make sure that Calix could rest a bit. He knew Calix was definitely still sick and it saddened him that he forced himself to work like this because work is all he knows.. he wished he could bring Calix back to the other world and show him that he shouldn't be a slave and that he should enjoy life more. Of course that probably wouldn't happen.

He strolled down to the library, knowing Calix was following not too far behind by hearing the small footsteps. "Come into the library with me, Calix." He said, opening the doors and sitting on the couch, patting a spot for Calix next to him after he had gotten a book to read.

"I feel well enough to be able to move around, so I must do so," Calix stated clearly not planning on changing things. He still didn't like that Blair was taking care of his own dishes... though, at least he gave up on actually washing them and left it to the chef who's job it was. The wolf knew he would need to start hiring more maids, body guards, as well as a few other personnel to get this place running more smoothly. They could all start at the new week when Blair got started on his actual lord duties.

Calix followed his master to the library where he got yet another book and sat down. This time, the wolf was invited in and walked over to where his master wanted him to sit. That probably wasn't a good idea. Though, if Calix wanted to make it through the day, he would have to take it easier than usual. Maybe just sitting shouldn't be a problem. After some hesitation, the wolf stepped forward and sat on the couch next to Blair.

After several minutes of silence, Calix was starting to nod off. He struggled to keep awake and even more just to open his eye lids. His head kept bobbing up and down as he attempted to remain awake.

Blair wasn't excited to start his real duties, but he definitely knew that he was to get started on them very soon once more assistance was hired. They were currently taking applications and starting tomorrow Blair wold have to sit through interview after interview. He wasn't excited but it was what was going to happen.

Blair was reading and looked over to see Calix nodding off. He smiled and chuckled, lying on the couch and starting to slowly fall asleep himself. "It's okay Calix, rest here with me." He chuckled, beginning to fall asleep . They woke up when they were both called for dinner since it had been such a long time since they had slept .Blair slowly walked upstairs for his food, still groggy though he felt his stomach growling. He sat at the table and began eating. Once he had finished and brought his dishes out, he decided to get to bed early as the interviews started early, heading upstairs and undressing to get into bed.

The following morning, after he had breakfast, there was a long line at the door for interviews. He requested Calix sit by him at his desk for demonstrations and examples for the rules and regulations that were listed. Blair didn't exactly agree with all the rules but rules were rules, and he had to inform any new servants or maids that wishes to work there. He had many applications that day and finally at lunch he decided to take a break to get some food. "Calix could I have tea and cake for a small lunch please?" He asked kindly, laying the large stack of application papers and rules aside.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as Calix was given permission to rest, he did. The young wolf leaned back and with his head down, he fell asleep. Calix slept soundly until they were called for dinner where he actually had to get himself up and follow his master down to the dining room. Of course, the silver-furred wolf didn't eat with his master and just stood around until he had left to go up to bed. The maid was the one that helped Blair get ready for bed and wished him luck in his day tomorrow. Clearly he was going to need it.

Calix ate after and then headed to bed himself. This time, he made sure to return to the butler quarters to get a good rest in his actual bed. He felt much better when he woke the next day and shook himself out before bathing, dressing, and heading over to wake Blair for breakfast.

It was the first time he hadn't let the master sleep in but this was something Blair would have to get use to now that he was the new lord. Once he was having breakfast, Calix went to make sure all the people that came for the interview were in line and ready to go. He also laid out basic rules and everyone showed their respect for him. Very few had even a human form and none were human. Humans were naturally royals or nobles so it was unusual for them to work for a lord.

"Master, I cannot sit, I must set an example," He explained as he stood just behind his master and gave the rules and regulations that went with being a servant of the manor.