Top Posters In This Topic

• rukkawa

• Sanka

• Jota

• auser

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh,

I started reading this story

To be honest I don't like it as a yaoi/romance story. Since I'm not a fan of stockholm syndrome like love. Then again Yoon Bum was in love with him even before getting abused. But I'm not able to ship the two of them.

What's interesting is the psychological aspect of it. Seeing the story portrayed from a victims point (Yoon Bum) and to follow their interaction. Also Sangwoo being a psychopath, his character is interestingly portrayed. Showing different facettes of his character with the underlying madness. As we also get to know about his background a little (having an abusive father) and seeing how this is reflected in himself. That's the part of Killing Stalking that I enjoy.

• 10 months later...

Tbh I don't too much about them. I don't ship it, but I don't hate it either. I dropped it after some chaps.

However I do ship the detective/policeman with the boy wearing a chocker in that gay bar, but I guess that ship will never come true.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the comments above me. I never really took the story to be a BL manga and Koogi even came out and said that she never intended for KS to be romantic. Sex doesn't always equate to romance. I always love any plot that's basic because more than often it means that we get to really get in depth with the characters. I definitely don't ship the two. Sangwoos a complete ass wipe while Yoonbum is so clearly mentally compromised. I just can't seem to put it down.

I agree with the comments above me. I never really took the story to be a BL manga and Koogi even came out and said that she never intended for KS to be romantic. Sex doesn't always equate to romance. I always love any plot that's basic because more than often it means that we get to really get in depth with the characters. I definitely don't ship the two. Sangwoos a complete ass wipe while Yoonbum is so clearly mentally compromised. I just can't seem to put it down.

Regardless of whatthe author said and if it's not yaoi/BL, I don't think a yaoi manga needs romance to be a yaoi manga, there are many that contain sex without romance...I have a hard time remembering titles, but let's say Zaria's Pet Keiyaku for example (even though there's still more hardcore stuff out there).

I personally don't mind if the characters' relationship (romantic or just sexual) is disturbing, but they didn't grew on me and I eventually lost interest...

there are many that contain sex without romance

I agree with you. I've enjoyed a lot of yaoi without romance. I still don't think KS can be classified as BL though. What I mean wasn't that there had to be romance in yaoi manga, I just meant that just because two men have sex in a manga doesn't automatically classify itself as a yaoi. Which is a question, I think, of how would you classify the yaoi genre. I would argue that the genre is more complicated than being categorized with 'men' and 'sex'.

I think KS has really good art and a dynamic story line but I can understand how a lot of people wouldn't like it (not just because it's disturbing). However the more recent chapters have been lackluster.

I just meant that just because two men have sex in a manga doesn't automatically classify itself as a yaoi.

Oh, ok, sorry for misunderstanding you. Yes, you're right, sometimes my dumb ass forgets that BL is a publishing category xD

edit: I forgot to add, but I actually agree with your second point, as I said before, even I, a person who doesn't mind disturbing stuff (and actually I like it sometimes) couldn't get into it.

Well, KS's one of my fav comic so far the second volume was a total fail. At first we all thought it was a yaoi that will end in a romantic way, but when Koogi clarify it wasn't ig ppl lost interested on it even tho the story line is interesting, psychopath and the stalker total my type "a lot of ppl like this kind of story line, including me" The art need to work on it "kinda weird in some pages" tbh I was wishing that she'll use the detective in a smarter way~

As for shipping them well «hell ya» even tho Yoonbum suffered a lot and include his past too, but he's kinda masochist, don't wanna say he deserve what's happening to him but he still stick to Sangwoo ¯\_(ツ) _/¯ "that makes him even cuter and a total dork" the detective and the chocker boy would be a smash if there were a yaoi scenes between them ...

I don't remember how many chapters I read before I dropped, but back then I got the impression that sangwoo doesn't feel that way towards yoonbum, despite the oral sex and all that...and yeah, I agree, I also feel yoonbum is kinda a masochist xD

Tbh, I didn't got to know choker boy, as in I didn't read the chapters when he appreared, I only know him bc of spoilers xD but I still ship them and would only reread KS for them, but it will never happen r.i.p. choker boy x detective :(

I just meant that just because two men have sex in a manga doesn't automatically classify itself as a yaoi. Which is a question, I think, of how would you classify the yaoi genre. I would argue that the genre is more complicated than being categorized with 'men' and 'sex'.

Wow, so on point! yep, I agree completely - I mean we don't classify every single book which has some if a bit of sex/romance between men & women as "romance" or "straight love". I guess that just shows how little real-life "BL" is still accepted as the norm in society.:/

Back to the topic in question, I dropped Killing Stalking as well.:) The art was hard to handle (I know some of you like it, but really for me it was too much.. I've been spoiled by other cute webtoons) & I actually think if it was different, I would possibly last longer.:) And the storyline just got ridiculous - the moment I got hope there would be an actual progress, we were back to square one. So dropped & no regrets on my part:) (although do tell me if I'm incredibly wrong & it's insanely awesome now)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
ahaha no you're not a dumbass I worded it vaguely the first time.
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
yeah I agree with you! I think part of it is genuinely ignorance and another part bias.

I love the art and some sudden twists in the story, but I hate how Sangwoo just has Bum wrapped around his finger like hell!!!

AND another thing that keeps me stuck to this manhwa is Seungbae lol :Wink: