Zucchini Salad [Noise Prince and pandamonium]

Noise Prince

Akio furrowed his eyebrows. "That's...quite beverage."

He chuckled softly. "I'll just settle for an iced coffee."

He gave a smile, before his eyes widened.

"I-I'm not implying it's a disgusting thing! It does sound strangely good. I'm really sorry."

He bit his lip.

Giving a short nod. "If you don't mind the walk, we could go there."

He felt terrible. Already offending a potential friend.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pandamonium

• Noise Prince

Kyoji chuckled at Akio's reaction. He wouldn't deny it sounded unusual, and especially for someone who didn't go to McDonald's, it would sound a little outlandish. Kyoji wasn't really sure if he'd even like it. He wasn't exactly a fan of orange flavor in general, and he hadn't heard anyone he knew trying it yet for feedback. He just knew it was a popular flavor combinations in some parts of the world. If he hated it, he'd probably end up getting an iced coffee, too.

"Hn?" Kyoji tilted his head at Akio's sudden turn of tone, to apologetic. Did his chuckle sound bitter? He didn't mean for it too. He laughed with his mouth open, to sound hardier, and patted his shoulder.

"Hey, it's fine! It might taste like total crap, after all." He assured him with a grin.

"Yeah, I don't mind."

The hardy laugh took him by surprise. Was he not offended? He was probably overthinking things again. Akio flinched at the hard pat. In a fit of panic he apologized.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!"

His eyes widened. He tried to calm himself.

"I'm really sorry. Please forgive me."

"I'd understand if you'd no longer want to hangout. I'm really sorry." Akio murmured.

This simple outing has been ruined because he panicked over a pat on the back.

Kyoji was trying to assure him that he wasn't offended or mad or anything, but Akio flinched pretty harshly at his touch. He frowned as he hurriedly spat his apologies. This wasn't just a timid personality, no one who was just meek would react like that to being pat. He always thought that everyone left Akio alone, just didn't talk to him, Inaba included, until now, that it was a sort of an established classroom structure. But maybe he was wrong, it wasn't as if he was in class at all times, or paid very close attention. Or maybe it happened outside the classroom, but Kyoji was convinced that he had been bullied.

"Awe, no, that's not it..." He sighed and smiled, afraid his stern expression, frustrated with the realization that something so terrible was happening and he didn't even notice, would only make him more nervous. "You didn't make me mad, I was trying to be friendly. I should apologize to you for scaring you." He explained. "I still want to hang out with you,"

Kyoji wouldn't realize until later that this was the first time he had said that he actively wanted to hang out with someone.

Akio scolded himself for reacting to a simple pat on back. He forced a smile.

"No need to apologize. I overreacted. Just forget about it."

He looked away. Surprised that Inaba was still willing to hang out with him.

He turned around with a small,genuine smile.

"I'd...like that."

He couldn't help but wonder why Inaba would want to still hang out with him. Was it pity? That was a little upsetting, but he did like the idea of befriending him.

He tried to move the conversation along. Away from what just happened.

"Are we close to McDonald's?"

"Sure, consider it forgotten," Inaba assured him, returning his smile.

"Ah, yeah, we are," He had taken for granted that Akio wouldn't know where the McDonald's was. "It's next to this corner shop here, so just around the corner and there it is," He pointed out. It wasn't visible from the school, so depite it being close, there was no gurantee everyone would know where it was unless they passed it on their way or had visited it on their own accord. "God, I'm hungry... what about you?"

Akio sighed in relief. "Thank you."

Akio nodded. "That's good. I don't really pay attention whenever I do pass by."

He hadn't eaten the rest of his lunch, so he was becoming a bit peckish.

"I could eat."

He smiled. This was becoming more fun than expected.

• 2 weeks later...

(I'm sorry for taking so long to reply! Time really has been escaping me lately, and I've been busy preparing to move! I'm sorry >.

Kyoji was a good deal larger than Akio, who was very slight, so he wondered if he was really that hungry or if he was being sociable. Either way was fine, of course, Kyoji would fake it if the situations were switched, most likely. Though it was pretty rare for Kyoji to not be at least a little hungry. He was fairly active and had a pretty high metabolism, or at least that's how his mortified parents would justify his eating habits.

The McDonald's was always so cool inside, briskly different from the more moderate weather outside. Maybe it was for the benefit of the employees, who worked over hot grills for hours. Even with how cold it was, he always found it to be inviting to him, due to familiarity, and not much else. Well, it was also a place that fed him, so it was hard not to form an attachment.

"Nice, it's not busy at all today," He thought out loud, noticing only two others- both students from school- in line ahead of them.

• 5 months later...

From what he could remember, he suffered from malnutrition it seemed. In recent years, he's been able to get somewhat proper nutrition, but he was still small and physically weak. So he had a small appetite. He glanced over at Inaba. Insane was tall, but almost everyone in his class is taller than him, but he looked toned. He probably was athletic and healthy. He was a bit jealous.

He took another look. He must be popular with girls. He thought. No woman would look at him. He was plain and small. Tall and handsome...things people desired and he wasn't. He realized he was staring for too long and looked away.

He shivered once they stepped inside. It was cold. He turned to Inaba. He was right. What a relief. Akio gavea short nod in reply.

"That's good..."

He gave a little sigh of relief. Since he wasn't familiar with the menu, he could take his time without holding up the line. He looked at the menu and tried to decide on what to eat.

(@

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I'm so sorry for not replying for so long! I took a hiatus. If you still want to continue, we could. Unless you wanna end it, that's cool with me too. :3

• Saga locked this topic