Gaia {fameandfortune212 and Yukio Takamiya}(private)

Yukio Takamiya

th?id=OIP.Md2f746b0c4c6b48f50fd5bfba77076e0o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Name: Wang Long 王龍 (meaning Emperor's Dragon)

Position: Seke

Ability: Spirit Cuff. Bestowed to him by Gaia for his fierce loyalty to the person he serves. Upon finding the person he would willingly sacrifice his life for, Long would be able to form a connection with said person. Which connects them together as one, mind and body, allowing Long the knowledge whenever his master needs him. Every suffering his master goes through, Long experiences it as well. The con of this ability though, is that Long would die should he fail to protect his master. In short, if that person loses his life, Long would die as well. But if Long loses his life first, his master remains well and alive. Status: Dormant(awakens after he joins the group, your character may have to teach him the laws.)

Nationality: Chinese

Description: Raven long hair, dark silver green eyes, pale skin, scar down his left thigh in which he covers by always wearing long pants.

Likes: Anything sweet, preferably chocolates. Small animals, winter, the person he chooses to serve willingly.

Dislikes: Anyone who would harm the person he willingly serves, talking in general, injustice.

Personality: Mostly cold and expressionless so that most cannot read him. Long has fierce belief in the meaning of his name, Emperor's Dragon. In which once he finds a person worthy of his servitude, that person would in a way, become his 'Emperor', and Long would be the 'Dragon' that serves him. Fierce loyalty comes naturally as his personality. Despite how many people he serves under, he would never betray until the day he leaves. However, only one, the one he chooses, he would never betray for life.

Short bio: Long never knew his origins. Picked up by the organisation when he was young, he was trained and molded into the perfect agent he was. The organisation is based in China, leaders and origins unknown. His first mission was given to him at the age of 13, to at all means, get himself adopted by a certain couple. Then assassinate his foster father, the clean up would be left to the organisation's efficient team. Long was never given reasons for his missions and he was trained to never ask questions. Receive your objective and accomplish it, was the only rule he had to follow. After that first success, Long had never failed an assignment. His next mission would be to pose as a bodyguard in a syndicate while collecting data. No further actions until his next instructions.

(Just wanna let you know that your character doesn't have to be chinese if you don't want him to. I just made my character chinese because the organisation is based in China. By the way, could you make the first post? It makes things easier for me once I know where your syndicate is based in and my character can go there.)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fameandfortune212

• Yukio Takamiya

e1ce56c3ad4df2c690fa731f3a203e9f.jpg

Name: Oberon

Position: Seke

Nationality: England

Description: Wavy loch flows on his head like blackened silk. His eyes shined of emerald aura. None would expect him to be a lord as he looked more of a scholar with his natural short-sighted vision. His pretty face hid the scars on his back as he was well into the clan's business from early age. There would be scars of ciggarette burns, whips and cuts of blades, should his shirt fell too low.

Likes: Sweet and bitter, he likes to experience it all. He can enjoy a good coffee but can also hum a tune while sipping on a bitter cup of tea. Scones and biscuits are his favourite. He has little fascination for animal but he rather enjoys seeing humans acting like animals, completely opposite to how he is on the outside. He also loves to smoke at least 1 pack a day

Dislikes: Softness. Cute animals. Those that are too opened as he much prefer to pry into others' desire and take advantage of it. The harder it is, the more he enjoys himself.

Personality: Bubbly and take things lightly. He gains confidence as his ability becomes more adept. The world seems to be within his grasp. He enjoys the cruelty of life as a sweet revenge on how he was treated. But life has also marred him deep and he once in a while would crave for the cruelty life bitterly granted him. (He likes to be on both receiving and giving ends of a BDSM relationship, once in a while)

Short Bio and Gaia's Ability: Oberon was a bastard child of a crime lord. His identity allowed him neither be seen in public nor be able to rise to the control of the clan. He was never given the last name as his father refused to let him be related to a lord such as he.

He was held within his own residence along with his late mother until the age of 13 when his power was awakened. Oberon always wished to go outside and see what it was like but his life was never his own. Every action he made was well kept an eye on and the punishment was severe when he one day snuck out of the house. His late father, the clan's former lord personally gave out punishments to him and his mother. He was then determined to take back his life.

His power given by Gaia was called Desire Extractor. Those around him began to spill their deep dark desire and secrets upon glazing on the emerald eyes of Oberon. With these information, he used blackmail, threats or even sexual favours to loosen up the tight grip of his father. Month one, he regained freedom to the outside world. Month two, he held the secrets of the heir of the clan. Month three, he held the heir at his ransom. In a blink of an eye, he controlled even his father with the followers he gathered during his active time.

The years rose by and Oberon approached his late 20s. He finally took complete control over the clan after forcing his father to retire and put him in the situation he was in, imprisoned in his own residence. He quickly established himself among his peers and regional clans with his ability. Oberon recruited more and more bodyguard as his role slowly became significant.

A nice day. A dampened day. Oberon was sitting on the eave of his manor. The eave looked out into a garden decorated with blossom, koi ponds and stone shrines. He took in slowly and smiled at what he had achieved over his long years of manipulation and control. He then shifted his gemy eyes and marveled at heaven's creation. The bitter steam of Earl Grey tea hit his nose and reminded him to take a sip. He ran his hands along the timber floor to reach for his tea and at the same time, a nice warm scone. Oberon kissed the rim of the cup and took in a tiny sip of tea to enjoy the full flavour of tea before swallowing it, accompany with the sweet scone right afterward.

One of his henchman came to the door of his room and knocked gently to inform his presence but came not into the room of his master. "Huh?" He said, turning around with the crumbs of pastry still lingered on the corner of his lips. "Come in. What is it?" he wiped the crumbs off and licked his fingers.

The henchman slid the door gently opened and bowed "Maste.."

"Call me by my name" he said, waving his hand.

"Oberon. You have an appointment with the security agency for new bodyguards. I think you should get ready." he said

"Oooh right right. I forgot. Hahaa. Just a bit. I'll get ready and come out right away. You go fetch the chauffeur." he dismissed his henchman and walked to his wardrobe. He was never one to dress too formally but never too messy. He quickly grabbed a stylish oxford blue blazer and donned on his white t-shirt. He changed his pants into a smoke colored skinny jeans.

Oberon closed to his closet and walked out to the winding hallway of his manor and outside to the grand front garden where a Mercedes has already been waiting for him. He got on the car and motioned the chauffeur to drive to the security agency in the Central Business District.

It took about 30 minutes for him to reach the agency but to Oberon, he had all the time in the world, 30 minutes were but a mere blink. He smiled and patted the chauffeur before giving him some tip and told him to get a drink somewhere until he call him again. Oberon did not really enjoy having too many follow him, however, as his power and role rose, he had no choice but to hire bodyguards. He would like to enjoy the last of his freedom while he still could.

He looked at the exterior of the agency. Glass doors, fortified with steel seams, he nodded in approval. Oberon then made his way and let his name be known to the receptionists. They was rather... horrified hearing his name and hastily brought out the boss. He shook his head. Too easily frightened, not to his liking.

"Heehee. Boss. I've selected quite some capable men. Would you like to take a personal look at them for extra measure? Then we can sign a contract and insurance" the agency's boss said.

"Sound about right. Please lead the way" he said

Oberon was then lead to gymnasium upstair. About 10 to 15 men was lining up, waiting for order. Oberon shifted his head, left to right and right to left, checking out the choosen men. Only about 6 was to his liking and seemed capable enough. But one stood out.

He was neither buff or intimidating as others guys, but a strange vibe gave off from him. He seemed stern, yet his face was feminine and hair was long. He could not help but gently reached out his hand and touched the soft loch. "Interesting" he said.

He then turned to the boss and whispered to him who he would choose.... including the feminine male, to which he was informed - Wang Long. They then went down stair to the meeting room along with the chosen bodyguards and Oberon signed the contract. "You'll all start right now, right here. Is that okay with you? I'll pay you extra, overtime. Sound about right?" he asked, turning his head to the guards.

• 2 weeks later...

He was notified of his next mission per the usual mail, asking him to their headquarters. Long never knew who he worked for or what the organisation did. He was one of the unlucky few to be picked up from the streets at a young age and trained to be what he was today. Everyday was training and more brutal training, for him to be molded into the perfect killer. But even if he was given the title of their best, it didn't change that he knew nothing. His position was still to follow orders. This day, he entered the building through the front, glass doors sliding close behind him as he entered. The building as usual, looked nothing out of the ordinary from the outside. But deep down, there were places when even he couldn't go to. The elevators didn't allow outsiders to go further than the basement, but Long knew the way down. He stepped into the elevator and waited till the doors were closed before placing his palm on a certain spot on the wall. Sensors processed his identity and the elevator immediately whirred to life, taking him where he was supposed to go. The system was programmed to authorize certain boundaries to their personnel.

Long entered a white room, already expecting to see Yin sitting in a just-as-white chair waiting for him. Said man handed him a stack of papers and Long silently took them. Hie eyes scanned through the line of text, mind already committing the contents to memory. The papers contained his job objective, which was stated clearly 'not to kill', basic information of his target, target's basic background, position in society and what he really was beneath all that facade. Long finished the last page ad placed the stack through the paper shredder. "Have fun," Yin supplied as Long walked out. In two hours, Long was already in the airport, luggage in hand and boarding the plane. The organization's connections swiftly got him a position in the security company he was headed for and Long knowing this, started thinking of ways to get himself hired.

------------------------------

The day finally came, when his target would personally choose his guards. Long, dressed in his uniform suit, moved out with the others. They were made to stand in line as they awaited the 'client's' arrival. His fists clenched by his sides, expression betraying nothing as Oberon walked in. The man was everything Long knew him(from the papers) to be. He seemed carefree, like nothing in the word could affect him. But Long knew he was anything but that, Oberon wouldn't have become so powerful otherwise. His eyes never left the target before him, even as said man walked up to him. He stared into Oberon's eyes as the other touched his hair, body completely unmoving. Some may deem this to be disrespect, but something told Long that this person, didn't appreciate those who backed down quickly. He let his eyes linger for a few before they lowered in the 'respect' that he was supposed to give.

Long expected that he would be one of the few to be taken. The first part of his job had already been completed the moment he had successfully infiltrate as a bodyguard. The chosen few aside from him replied with 'yes sir's when Oberon spoke, but Long remained quiet. Such was his nature. They stepped out of the building together with Oberon where a large Limousine was already waiting for them. While the others gawked at the car, Long restrained himself from clicking his tongue in annoyance. And here they were supposed to be a professional company. He walked towards the car and opened the door, stepping aside for Oberon to get in. His colleagues finally snapped out of their stupor and one by one, they piled into the vehicle.

Through the pair of spectacles hanging on the bridge of his nose, Oberon looked directly into the eyes that did not back down when he touched the hair of their owner. Something very interesting about this... Long, Oberon expected it. Before he folded the contracts and put them into the pockets of his blazer, he turned around and glanced quickly into the eyes of Wang Long again. He walked pass the glass door then motioned the newly recruited bodyguards to come with him. He also pulled out his phone as he made his way out to the hall.

"I'm ready to leave. But send a Limousine this time, immediately" he said sharply all of the sudden, as expected of a lord.

When they have been out at the front desk, the limousine could be seen right at the front waiting. It somewhat put a smile on Oberon's face. The power he had, he loved it.

Oberon halted at the vehicle, waiting for someone to open the door but none seemed to get the gist as they all was still oogling the limo beside of Wang Long. His eyes narrowed at the other before stepping onto the car.

"Get on" he said to all of them.

He then told the driver to take him to the Phoenix - the biggest bar in the city. Oberon did not say anything during the whole trip but he could hear secret clamouring amongs the men but he chose to ignore it. As they were about to reach the place, he opened a smile and said.

"I'm glad you all area eager for this job. There will be more for all of you if you do a good job." He then turned sharp and lost his smile. "But among others outside, I am to be taken seriously, lest my position be shaken. I am about to check on my business and my territory with one of MY men so I hope you can be professional and do me proud, okay? Thank you". Oberon hated to be all serious but he had to instill some form of respect and discipline into the mind of his security, especially on a business trip like this.

Oberon leaned his back against the soft cushion and waited until the car pulled off completely and right outside of the bar. He then opened the door by himself and waited for his bodyguards coming after him into the bar.

Noone asked for Oberon's ID but just let him into the bar as they saw him. The music that was lively hitting the eardrums of party-goers ceased as he entered the place. "Please do go on, I insist. You won't even know I'm here" He said and the music was played again while he walked quickly on the red carpet to the VIP section. The bar manager greeted him along with some faces, unknown to the outside world for they run the underground network that serve Oberon and his clan alone.

The bodyguards was let to stand near him, guarding as they should be. Obero received news that nothing much has changed around the area and other clans have not made any move. But something was off, he knew it. For one of them did not look into his eyes, or not dare to and immediately Oberon addressed that one.

"Huang. Do you really think I know nothing? It has been 6 months and still you deliver me the same message that the other clans have not made any move to reclaim any of the profit I, Oberon, personally took from them right under their nose? Even a hungry dog would bite you if you take its last piece of bone. Do you think 7 crime lords would stay still and let me take all their profit?" He said "Look into my eyes, Huang. How much have they paid you?"

The man broke a sweat. His cover was blown. The only thing he could think of doing and bring himself to do was pulling out a gun and pointed at him. But unfortunately, he was stopped by his new bodyguards, held down and brought to his knees. Oberon told the other to leave him along with the guards and the men.

He sighed "Oooh how you idiots bore me. Can't you see that I brought myself new guards? I knew what was happening, hence I hired them" he laughed and lighted a cigarette. "Would you kindly tell me now... that who hired you?"

The man called Huang looked up into Oberon's eyes and started to spill everything, names, addresses, amount paid by them which Oberon quickly copied into his brain. He smiled in satisfactory and took in a nice big hit of cig and blew it out of his nose. "Thank you so much, Huang. You've proven helpful. I'll help you." He said getting closer to him "I'll help you to retire without anyone chasing after you. You'll live peacefully in the countryside where I've arranged for you. Got it?"

When the man thanked him and accepted his offer, Oberon, out of the blue quenched his ciggarette into the right eye of the other, causing him to scream the most horrifying scream. While Oberon's left thumb pierced the other's left eye. He then motioned the bodyguards to bring the man outside and ordered the bar's manager - who was waiting outside all along - to punctured Huang's hearings.

He then turned back to his bodyguards, some of them seemed kinda sicked from that experience "Mhmm... Enough for today?" Oberon waited for an answer as he wiped the eye's fluid from his thumb to one of their's jacket. Mostly them reply with yes... and Wang Long remained silent, as usual. He smiled and told them to go with him... home.

Oberon took the same limousine and went home with the guards. He then assigned them their place which was near him and also one of them will have to guard outside his room every night, their turn will be rotated everyday. He chose Wang Long to be the first to watch and others to be dismissed.

Oberon then went back to his room and took off his jacket, expecting Long to pick it up. He wanted to hear the other open his mouth, but did not seem to work. He took his shirt off, revealing his scars... then his pants off... then his undies as well. "Get me my clothes" he said to Wang Long, pointing at his wardrobe near by. He watched the other, the silence annoyed him "You're not mute, are you?" he asked.

Long maintained his usual silence during the entirety of the car ride. His colleagues whispered amongst each other, leading Long to think that they weren't quite ready to handle this job. Of course, they had the skills and whatnot, yet they lacked the courtesy to remain silent when not spoken to. Long kept his eyes on the road, committing the route to memory. Since young, everything that his eyes sees, his mind remembers and never forgets, which was partly why he was so good in his job.

The car arrived at its destination which Long made out to be a bar. His eyes didn't linger long on the sign before he followed the group into the building. It was a good opportunity to learn some things if Oberon was going to discuss business in front of the guards. Just entering the building alone made it clear where Oberon's status was. His proof of identity wasn't required and the music stopped for him. Not that Long didn't expect this, but it sure came as a surprise to his colleagues. In the VIP section, Long automatically positioned himself beside the armrest of the couch Oberon sat on. The other guards stood either behind the couch or at the side of the room in close proximity with Oberon, ready to protect him at a moment's notice.

Long in his motionless position, kept his ears wide open, listening for any important information that he may not have already known. Though everything he heard was pretty useless, his eyes were focused on a single man whose eyes were glued to the floor. Long was half tempted to ask him if there was 'gold on the floor', a typical Chinese phrase to address someone who keeps looking at the ground. His eyes turned to look at Oberon, convinced that the man may have noticed as well, Long wouldn't expect any less. His attention was next drawn to what Oberon had said about stealing profit, silently storing this bit of information to the back of his mind. So Oberon had pointed out the man after all, Long resisted a smirk.

Before anyone knew, Huang had whipped out a gun seeing no escape for himself. The guards moved in an instant to subdue him, all except Long. His first instinct was to move in front of Oberon should Huang manage to shoot. Until he was successfully subdued, did Long move out of the way, though still staying close beside Oberon. Long didn't think that Huang would go off scot-free even after revealing information. Which was why Oberon's words puzzled him, but he remained expressionless. Until Oberon took out both the man's eyes, everything was how he expected.

Unlike the other guards, Long's gaze didn't waver even as Huang screamed. Something like this came naturally to him in the numerous professions he took on. In fact, whatever Oberon did, Long had done them himself. If he had to torture someone, he did, if he had to kill someone, he did. Most was the latter. He remained silent as usual to Oberon's question, not finding the need to reply.

The way to Oberon's home was pretty much the same silence until they reached the manor. Immediately, Long was given the task of guarding for the night. He followed Oberon into the room silently picking up the man's garments as he stripped. As per Oberon's order, Long walked towards the closet and picked out a loose shirt and long cotton trousers for Oberon.

"You're not mute, are you?"

Long hesitated, then passed Oberon his clothes. "No sir," he replied curtly in heavily accented English. "I just didn't think it was my place to speak." He placed Oberon's worn clothes into the laundry bag located in the bathroom, then moved to stand by the entrance door.

Wang Long finally spoke. It was the first word he has let out of his lips since they met. It gave Oberon some satisfaction. He smiled as he took the clothes given to him and donned them on loosely. Oberon glanced at Long, whose back has turned. "Come back here" he commanded.

God. The other was so boring but at the same time challenging. So far, noone has been that cold to him. But he kinda... figured out why. He tilted his head to corner of the room. "I presume you know how to play chess" He said, hinting for the other to bring out the chess board and play with him. It was quite an expensive board by the look of it, made of real ivory and carefully varnished without a seam. Oberon also ordered some maid to brew him a hot pot of tea for him and Long.

He sat down formally and waited the other to make a move. He then moved the soldier piece in the middle. "In chess, the Advisor pieces are never to leave the sight of the General. Those men sitting within that VIP sections are my advisors. Trust them, I do but I also have to put watch on them. Anyone moving out of the territory will be suspected and watched even more closely" he then looked into the eyes of the other sternly. "Do you know why I'm telling you this?"

He suddenly broke a smile "Because I know you have it." He then leaned towards Wang Long, whispering. "Gaia"

"The fact that I cannot use my power on you is the proof. Not many people possessed that power, hence I want to use you to my advantage" he said "I don't know if you have mastered your power. If you have, I'll raise your salary for full commitment to me. If you have not, I'll teach you how to reach your full potential." He then sat right, waiting for the other to make his move. "What say you?", looking at the board instead of his new bodyguard.

As per Oberon's command, Long immediately walked back to him, following him to the corner of the room where the board lay. English chess...he noted. It was a good board. Long had seen one before in one of his previous assignments when he posed as an escort for a rich lady. A chess board of pure ivory and glass pieces. "I've learned the basics," he replied. When the maid came with tea, Long nodded his thanks, but did't touch the cup. English tea wasn't much his taste unfortunately.

Long made the first move, moving his utmost left pawn up a step. His eyes traveled up to meet Oberon's when said man spoke. Long didn't understand why the man was suddenly telling him this. It didn't make sense that he was being trusted so soon, something was wrong. For the first time since entering England, Long's expression changed. His delicate brows pointed downwards as he contemplated his target's words.

"Because I know you have it. Gaia."

Gaia...

Long had heard of this name before. It was the name of the Goddess of the Earth in Greek mythology, most commonly known as Mother Earth. Long didn't know why this was suddenly coming up in their conversation. Were the papers wrong about Oberon? Was the man actually crazy? If that were the case, Long could just report back that this mission was a waste of time and request to go back to China immediately.

"I don't know this power that you speak of sir,"Long spoke slowly, careful not to let his disbelieve show on his face. "And I do not have any unique ability which I may link to 'power' ". Even as he said this, Long didn't understand the uneasiness in his gut. He'd heard of Gaia as a Greek goddess and took it to be all part of mythology. His believe hasn't changed even now. But hearing the name from Oberon's lips made everything different. Long had been surprisingly affected even though he didn't show it. He felt an odd sense of familiarity with the name, like as if he should have known Gaia personally. What a load of bullshit.

"Which is why I don't believe I will meet up to your expectations even if I do make a full commitment to you." This was probably the most that Long had spoken in a long time. He didn't want to make it seem like he didn't believe Oberon's words, although it was true that he didn't. He hesitated a little, then added,"I apologize if I have disappointed you sir." Long stood up and gave Oberon a slight bow. "Resting during my work hours are against protocol, I shall resume my duties," he said and walked back to the door.

There was little expression on the face of Wang Long as usual but his words betrayed him. The whole day, Oberon has been observing him, Wang Long was not the type to talk but now he could not stop, proving that Oberon's words effected him. Despite not being able to extract Long's desire, Oberon has always been good with reading people. That was what you would gain if you want to reach the top position in this dark side of the world.

Oberon scoffed and grinned slightly as the other excused himself and stood at the door. Shaking his head, Oberon giggled secretly, sitting still and looked at the chess board for a while before pushing it back to the corner and proceeded to his bed. Oberon laid down and turned off the light with his clap. He laid there motionless but did not close his eyes, he watched the shadow of Wang Long on the window of his room for hours until sleep finally took him. Oberon still could not trust anyone fully yet.

The next morning came when Oberon opened his eyes to the sun beam has just crept into his room barely. The glittering pieces of dust danced through the beam like tiny fireflies. Oberon could smell the coffee slightly hitting his nose from the maids that prepared for him breakfast every morning. He sat up and took a deep breath before completely wake up. He scratched his head and got a toothbrush to do his usual personal hygiene ritual.

Oberon finished and came out of the room to see Wang Long was still standing there to guard his room. One of his brow lift up in approval. He almost wanted to give the guy a day off to sleep but... there were still some work to be done, he motioned his head for Long to follow him. "Call the others and tell them to asemble at the gate. We're going in 20 minutes, anyone who does not make it, they can pack their bags" added he at the end when he was walking.

Oberon was not inclined to talk to Long either while he was having breakfast. He whispered to one maid to make another dish and brought out for him which was done in less than 5 minutes. Oberon pushed the dish toward Long and told him to sit down and eat. Knowing Long would decline, he said "Without sleep or energy, you won't do your job properly and I'd hate to fire anyone just after the first day. It'd be too much of a hassle to choose bodyguards again. Just eat" He then watched the other eat while sipping on his cup of coffee.

His phone buzzed in his pocket. A message was sent to Oberon but he already guessed what was it and thus he did not pull it out. Oberon waited for the other to finish before standing up and get ready for another day in his life as a crime lord. Oberon walked to the gate. "I know you don't believe me of what I said yesterday. But watch carefully, I'll show you on today's trip" he said, walking to the limo waiting for him and a line of bodyguards he hired yesterday.