What Should I Do? (FurAd and AkiraToshiro)

FurAd

Setsuya asks the vendor for a plastic bag to keep the drinks they still carry around—and also to keep whatever they will buy next.

His brother’s crêpe is finished under a minute. It’s soon got folded into a crisp triangle and wrapped by a handhold paper for Akira to take.

Before Setsuya can requested a similar order, a squealing 5 years old sneaks in front of him and draws the vendor’s assistant fully onto her.

Setsuya contents himself with the caramel apple—and maybe a sneaky bite or two from Akira’s order.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AkiraToshiro

• FurAd

Akira chuckled and took a small bite out the caramel apple Setsuya had.

"Don't worry about buying one Setsuya. I'll share with you, I don't mind." He replied as he looked up at his brother. "Honestly I don't I can finish it." He smiled before taking a bite out of the crepe. "Have you been to a festival like this before?"

Setsuya shakes his head.

“Never without you,” he says, realizing the truth of the statement. “The last time I visited a festival like this was to celebrate your third birthday. It was so different from what I was used to that I was hypnotized, and maybe a bit scared. I refused to let you run off to see anything for the whole night. But that was a long time ago, so you’ve probably forgot about it.”

Akira hasn't forgot that day.

It was almost 17 years ago, and the day of Akira's their birthday. Their parents thought it was good idea to take him to his first festival. Being the young child he was, he was easily distracted and amused by all the colors,people, and music that he slipped off into the crowd alone. Ultimately the toddler version of Akira didn't care, his parents didn't seem to worry as much.

It wasn't until about twenty minutes that strangers began talking to him. Being three years old, he didn't know half of what people were saying. Oddly enough if this gay couple walking around, hadn't found him and returned to the frantic looking Setsuya. There's no telling how or where Akira would be today.

But ever since that day, 17 years ago, Akira had been extremely close to Setsuya.

It’s probably remnants of what happens back then, but as they walk through the fair, Setsuya’s eyes keep straying back towards Akira, as if his brother can disappear if he looks away a little bit too long. Despite knowing that Akira is no longer a toddler who will get lost in the crowd, Setsuya instinct makes him stick as close as possible to younger male.

“They’re having a show there,” he says, glancing towards the open center of the fair where several people (magicians?) are performing on a platform stage. “Want to see?”

"Sure. Think I saw a fire breather." Akira replied with a smile.

On the inside, Akira was more excited than ever to be at the festival. Its been years since he's last been to one with his brother. Holding onto the bottom end of his brother's shirt, he followed beside him to the performing platform.

Setsuya is impressed by the fire-breather. He watches from the edge of the crowd and feels glad that they are witnessing this now, when his baby brother is content to see the excitement by his side without wandering to close to the flame.

The heat of the red flares is lighting up the atmosphere, but Setsuya doesn’t miss the warmth from Akira’s hand when it clasps the corner of his shirt.

Smiling, he reaches out in return to curl his fingers around Akira’s waist, drawing his brother closer so they can lean against each other.

Akira leaned in close to Setsuya and sighed softly in content.

Watching the fire breather with fascination, he began to look around to see what other performers were around. "Setsuya. Look, there's a magician. Can we go over there next?" He asked with an innocent little smile.

Setsuya replies with agreement.

They make way around the fire-breather, until they are standing a short distance away from the magician who’s surrounded by mirrors, smokes, and half a dozen doves.

Everyone around them is clapping, signaling that one of the magician’s acts is over, and that he’s ready to begin a new one.

They only arrived here a couple seconds ago, so Setsuya isn’t prepared when the man on the stage declares, “I shall choose one of you, my lovely audience, to help with my magic,”—and unleash a dove to flutter towards them.

Or towards Akira, that is.

Akira seemed to giggle softly as the fluffy, white bird perched itself on his shoulder.

"Ah. It looks like I've been chosen. I'll be okay Setsuya, so don't worry to much." Akira said before slipping away into the crowd and made his way onto the stage with a shy smile.

Why did the magician choose Akira? Was there a reason or was just out of coincidence?

Setsuya lets Akira walks away onto the stage—watching his brother shyly smiling at the novelty.

“Well, aren’t you looking dashing, tonight, Akira,” The magician offers his hand and welcomes his person of choice onto the stage.

He waves his hand and summons a white rose out of thin air, slipping it behind the younger male’s ear.

Then, he continues—voice soft, yet, still echoes for everyone to hear, “Do you believe in magic, my dear? Or in reincarnation, perhaps? What if I tell you that you were a beloved angel in the past long gone, and that I, Izami, is sent to bring you back to your throne in the sky?”

The blush that graced Akira's cheeks darken a bit as he nodded.

"I'm fairly open minded to the idea of reincarnation. So yes I do believe." He replied softly with a soft laugh.

A! angel is his past life,huh. Maybe that's his reason for being so sweet and loving. Luckily for this personality alone, he's been lucky all these years no one ha taken advantage of his kindness. But going back to the magician, Akira watched his every movement.

Setsuya frowns at the stage. It was incredibly shifty from the start—for the magician to know Akira’s name without prompting. Then he started flirting with his brother, who guilelessly takes it all in.

If that magician starts groping Akira under a pretext of his tricks, Setsuya is going to march onto that platform, courtesy be damned.

Up on the stage, Izami moves until he’s standing behind Akira, gently resting his hands on the boy’s shoulders to keep those curious eyes from following him.

“Then speaks the magic words with me, little one. Let’s transform this inferno”—he motions out to the fire-breather and the red-gold theme show—“into a little slice of our paradise.”

Akira looked out into the crowd at Setsuya and smiled before he nodded to Izumi.

The heat on Akira's cheeks never leaving them. He wasn't full swear of the flirtatious manner the magician was showing him.

Okay. That’s it.

The damned magician is practically draping himself all over Akira and whispering into his ear. Setsuya can’t stay still while that display continues.

As Akira starts chanting the fraud spell, Setsuya makes way through the other audience.

He reaches the stage the same moment their incantation ends.

And he grabs Akira into his arms just as explosion of light, bubbles, and feathers burst in the fair.

Akira looked around in awe and laughed as he heard people,mainly children, ooed and awed at the effects.

Feeling a tug at his arm, Akira looked at Setsuya with a smile. "Setsuya! That was pretty cool, right?" He asked as he practically bounced happily into his brother's arms.

Setsuya checks the red-night theme show which turns into white and baby blue with a spare glance. He bats away a stray bubble that the fire breathers are now creating, feeling completely unimpressed. This is clearly staged by a whole crew who made the magician their mouth-piece.

But Setsuya looks down at Akira—who lit up brightly from joy and awe—and realizes that he doesn’t have the heart to take that expression away.

“Yes,” he agrees instead. “It’s really cool.”

“Thank you for the compliment.” A voice snaps at the answer like a snake snatches a rat. Setsuya looks at magician who holds a glowing halo—which probably should go onto Akira’s head if the interruption didn’t happen. That man asks, “And you are?”

“I’m his boyfriend,” Setsuya answers without hesitation.

The magician blinks, and turns towards Akira, directing his next, absolutely guileful words for the boy. “Oh? I thought you are brothers.”

Akira bit his lip gently and twiddled his fingers around out of nervous habit.

Did Izumi assume they were brothers or did he know the two brothers personal. Coming to this festival was supposed to hide this incestuous relationship between them. The thought of being caught and possibly separated scared Akira to death.

He wanted more but to be with Setsuya.

Setsuya’s heart almost stops beating for a second.

The one who snaps him out of the shock is Akira, who withdrawn nervously from the question. This is not supposed to happen.

“He’s my date,” Setsuya stresses out, glaring harshly at the magician while clutching Akira’s hand to calm his brother down.

It takes a couple seconds that stretch for far too long, before someone finally concedes.

That person is not Setsuya.

Izami literally takes a step back. He nods his head at Akira in acknowledgement. “Apologies. I do assume falsely, sometimes.”

And whether he believes what he said or not doesn’t matter, as long as Akira does.

Akira visibly relaxed before looking at Izumi. "It quiet alright." He said softly before he reached for Setsuya's hand.

"Setsuya. I want to get on a ride, can we go on one please?" He asked.

“Definitely,” Setsuya says.

He quickly leads Akira down the stage before his brother gets roped into another act.

They walk across the show center and through the stall blocks, towards where the makeshift carnival rides towers over the fair.

There, they are faced with so many choices—from mild options such as merry-go-round or the Ferris wheel, to adrenaline inducing selections like the spinning teacups and the roller coaster, to the chilling varieties like the mirror maze and the haunted house.

“Which one would you like to go first, Akira?” Setsuya asks.

Akira kept his hold on Setsuya's hand fairly tight as he looked from ride to ride. "Hmm~ Let's do the mirror maze first, then hit a few stalls to play some games before getting on the Ferris wheel. I've always wanted to see the firework show from up there." Just as cliché as it sounded, Akira was actually looking forward to that part.

Rocking back and forth to the ball of his feet and his heels, he couldn't let the smile that graced upon his lips fall, not even in the slightly. The night was going really well, other than the last current problem that has arose.

"Setsuya, are you enjoying your time out with me?" He asked out of the blue.

Setsuya listened to his brother’s suggestion closely and was ready to hit the ticket counter for the choices.

But then Akira comes out with that question.

“Of course,” Setsuya responds almost faster than he can process what was asked. The worry comes, then, after he answers. Akira’s smiling, but is his brother faking it for his sake? “What’s wrong? Are you feeling tired? Sick? Or… is this-- do I . . . make you unhappy?”

Akira shook his head and looped his arm around Setsuya's.

"You of all people could never make me unhappy. I love you to much to be unhappy. I only asked that question because I knew you rarely cane festivals. I just wanted to know if you were having a good time as me." Akira explained.

Setsuya feels his concern melts away at Akira’s explanation.

As they go and purchase the tickets for the rides, Setsuya declares in return with a small chuckle, “We’re exactly the same. I will always have a good time if you’re with me, no matter if it’s in a festival, or at our home, or some jungle in the middle of nowhere. So, don’t think too much about it and just enjoy what you want.”

He pauses for a second, before adding softly, “And I love you, too.”