What Should I Do? (FurAd and AkiraToshiro)

FurAd

A smile breaks over Setsuya’s face over Akira’s easy agreement.

“Good,” he nods, hands moving to caress Akira’s hair to show how pleased he is at the answer. “I’ll make the preparation immediately.”

By that, he means to bid them goodbye so he can start working for the transfer right then, but somehow, he stays in his spot. His body seems very unwilling to be detached from the hug it is in.

Setsuya muffles a little laugh and curls tighter around Akira, resting his cheek on his brother’s head.

“Well, after this, I guess,” he corrects.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AkiraToshiro

• FurAd

Akira nodded with a soft bell like laughter.

He was happy to be living with his brother again. Now they could see each other on a daily basis and wouldn't have to worry about the awkward phone videos anymore.

"I'm glad that's out of the way. Now we can catch on everything we've missed while we were apart."

“Everything we’ve missed?” Setsuya echoes. He tries to repress a grin at the sudden, not-so-proper thought that crosses inside his head. He bumps his nose against Akira’s, looking right into his brother’s eyes, “I missed you the most, Akira. I’d love to catch up with you, alone, right now.”

But then, thinking the suggestion to be far too blunt this early in their official relationship, he sighs, “Or you can just tell me what you’ve been up to these past months. That’s good too, I suppose.”

Akira grinned before placing a gentle kiss on his brother's cheek. "I'll tell you everything you'd like to know but first let me take a shower , and change clothes." He pulled out of his brother's embrace.

"You didn't tell mom and dad I was visiting did you?" He questioned. Just wanting to make sure their parents knew nothing of this visit or it would be ruined.

“I didn’t,” Setsuya says, shaking his head. “I think they are too busy lately to make a surprise visit. I can check again to make sure, but they aren’t going be happy with the disruption.”

. . . Though, thanks for reminder, Setsuya will call them soon, just in case they forget his warning to stay away as long as Akira is around.

“Go take your shower,” he nudges his brother to go, “I’ll wait for you in the lounge.”

"Okay. I'll be back soon." Akira called out while he made his way down the hall.

Silent prayers were going through his head that his parents wouldn't arrive home unexpectedly. That would ruin everything that both Akira and Setsuya accomplished tonight. Then again if their parents found out about their blooming relationship the two brothers would more than likely separated for good.

Sighing, he shook his head. 'Come on Aki. Don't think about the bad. Think of all the good.' He thought to himself while entering the bathroom. Turning on the water, he went and grabbed somethings from his room before returning and closing the door of the bathroom.

While Akira is away, Setsuya returns to the living room and picks up the phone that he has forgotten earlier, spending several seconds just to dig up the stylus that had been swallowed by the sofa.

He tries to dial their parents twice, but neither of them answers. Either they are really dedicated to gather the materials he ordered from his rival company, or they are ignoring him. It’s more likely to be the second, since their dislike of him is just as strong as his distaste of them. So, he types out a quick text instead, and put this matter out of his mind.

Next, he starts contacting Akira’s current school, and his future one—sending notice of his brother’s withdrawal and admission respectively. He also sends his secretary to stop by Akira’s dorm, asking her to pack up his remaining properties and delivers it personally.

Some complication might crop up legally with his sudden action, but he can deal with that later, because he hears the water stop running in the bathroom.

Akira’s coming back.

Akira hummed a soft tune to himself, and exited the bathroom.

Before anyone asks, he was fully dressed in a simple T-shirt that was bit big for him and a pair of shorts. Drying his hair, he left out a soft refreshed sigh before making his way to the lounge area where Setsuya was supposed to be waiting for him. Sitting on the couch, Akira looked down at his phone, scrolled through the incoming messages he was receiving.

Setsuya blinks when Akira—clad in casual attire (that his fashion sense doesn’t approve of)—strides into the room and plops down the couch without a single word, pulling out his phone and focuses on that instead.

Setsuya swallows an indignant sound. Is Akira ignoring him?

They promised to share stories, didn’t they? Who can be important enough to make Akira postpones that?

“Akira, who’s texting you?” he asks, inching closer to take a glimpse of the phone’s screen.

Sorry. That was my roommate. He caught wind of me transferring school." Akira said before setting his phone to the side.

"I'm really sorry about that. I texted him so he wouldn't call and bombard me with questions." He replied and looked at his brother . "Any ways has anything new happened here at home while I was gone?" He questioned, trying to start up the conversation.

Setsuya’s sight follows Akira’s phone until it is set away, paying attention several seconds more in case the referred roommate will bombard his brother with questions, anyway.

When it stays silent, he answers Akira’s inquiry with the basic summary of the past months. “It takes a little getting used to, but I’ve finally been doing well enough as CEO. Father and mother are also more comfortable with the lighter works after their retirement. Other than that . . . my life is pretty boring, actually. Work, fashion-show, eating out, making contracts . . . It’s definitely not as interesting as what college must be like.”

Though, with his own college days filled with nothing but study times and more study times before, he can’t be sure of his opinion until he hears Akira’s story.

Unfortunately, it seems that this is not meant to be.

Because there is a click—sound of key turning in its lock—coming from the house’s entrance, and the door slams open like a bomb that goes off.

“Akira, my baby!!! I. AM. HOME!!!!” This screeching follows.

The mad woman barges in through the swinging door and makes a beeline towards Akira, pulling him into a crushing hug and raining smooches as if their last big fight never even happened.

Leaping up from surprise, Setsuya grimaces. He feels so stupid to think that a mere warning is enough to keep his crazy parents away.

He glances at the man who follows into the house in a much more sedate pace. His father—unlike his mother—notices him looking. But, just the same, the man turns away as if Setsuya doesn’t even exist. Maybe robbing him of his job isn’t such a good idea after all, if he’s going to let his wife loose on them every single time.

Yes. Setsuya feels very, very stupid.

Akira nodded slightly as his brother spoke.

It wasn't before long that he froze in spot at the sound of a banshee's screech aka their mother. Feeling the woman practically throw herself on his small little body, he gave a weary smile.

"Hello mother. It's good to see you again." He said softly before looking up at his father who was slowly approaching him. Glancing at his brother, he sighed softly while he tried to pull out of the bone crushing hold his mother had.

Glancing at Setsuya again, his expression held a pleading look of 'help me get away from this crazy woman '

Setsuya sees Akira’s silent plea for help and snaps out of his self-pity.

“Rika,” he snaps, using his mother’s name because he has no respect left for her, “Let Akira go.”

He has expected it, but it still pisses him off when she keeps playing deaf to his word, refusing to budge.

There isn’t much of a choice. He reaches out to drag her away personally. And he hates to do so, because the moment his hand touches her wrist, she spins on her heels to face him and hisses like a venomous snake.

“You’re not sending my baby away from me again, Setsu-pooh!” she says, spatting out what used to be a term of endearment as an insult. “Smuggling him away from me one time is enough. He’s not going to a school that won’t let even his mother in for a visit.”

Setsuya closes his eyes for a second, as if it can chase away the impending headache that encroaches into his brain.

At least she lets Akira go before her rant, giving him a chance to step between them to prevent more surprise attack at his brother.

“Akira,” he murmurs, keeping his voice low enough so no one but his brother will hear him over their mother’s tune, “Do you want to run, chase them out, or bear this through?”

"Let's just hear the devil of a woman out and maybe she'll leave once she gets her fill of the visit." Akira mumbled. "But if she brings up anything about that girl and her family. I want her out of this house." He stated still tuning out his mother's rants.

Their father just stood off to the side and let it all play out. He was silent man until the time of needed. Quiet honestly tonight the man just wanted to sit down and rest before heading back to work again.

Akira pecked his brother's cheek quickly and slyly with a soft smile. "Move out her way Setsuya, she looks like she's about to pounce."

Reluctantly—maybe because of that sneaky little kiss—Setsuya concedes to Akira’s wish. His fingers twitch with the urge to strangle their mother, though, when she crows triumphantly at his concession and jumps towards Akira, again, to curl her arm around her neck like she’s still a teenager instead of a middle-age old crone.

“I’ve miss you so, so, so much that I didn’t know what to do, Aki-baby,” she serenades, “Come and tell me everything I want to know. Hurry, away from the fiend!!!” she adds, flicking a dirty glance at Setsuya, just before she succeeded in carting Akira away from the living room.

And so, what must be a hell created just for Setsuya begins. At least, Naga—his father, who he’s not sure what to think off—just wonders to the empty couch and drops down like a puppet with cut strings. The man closes his eyes, and snores happily as if the chaos that's happening is merely a passing dream.

From somewhere inside the house, a high-pitch laughter echoes, and Setsuya almost doesn’t want to know what is happening back there.

But the least he can do is to keep an eye out on his brother tonight—both to keep Akira’s safety and his own sanity.

Akira told his tells to his mother. When he mentioned he was interested in someone, his mother let pit the high pitched squeal.

Soon she started nudging him and hugging on his to tell her who this person was. Akirs just shook his head and kept his mouth shut about his lover life. "I'm sorry mother. But I'm not telling." The boy said.

After awhile it was getting kind of hard to entertain his mother any longer. Getting up, he headed to the lounge once again and looked over at his sleeping father and chuckled.

Setsuya watches his brother—and by proxy, his mother—from a distance. At times, he wants to interfere, but he’s unwilling to cause the woman another mood whiplash that might make her stick around longer just to get one over him.

So, he keeps his attention on Akira, sympathizing, yet unable keep a smirk away when his brother implicates their newly found relationship to her.

Soon enough, Akira seems to have enough, though. He makes excuses that his mother swallows like water and escapes from the interrogation.

Setsuya follows, finding his brother back where they began, smiling down at the sleeping form on the couch.

Akira is just too nice. Setsuya can never begrudge him of that.

Knowing that their mother is still far, far away in the other room, and that their father is hopefully too unconscious to notice, he takes the risk for comfort. Sliding up behind Akira, he slips his arms around the small waist and lays his cheek on Akira’s head.

“Okay, love?” he hums.

Feel the older male's arms his waist, he smiled softly and looked away from his father's sleeping form..

"I'm fine. Though I feel like I couldn't get away from mother quick enough.. Her unexpected visit like this also gave me quiet a scare." He said with the slightly shake of his head. This woman was going to be the death of both Akira and Setsuya if she stuck around. Whatever the two brothers had planned for one another was ruined.

What's shocking to most is their mother is the ringleader behind everything. Their father kind of just sat back and watched the show. Only did the man interfere was when Setsuya and Rika would fight over what was best for Akira, and how his life would be affected by either of their decisions.

“Then, why don’t we really get away?” Setsuya offers. His secretary will hate him something fierce for ditching his job, but it should be worth it to spend more time with Akira. “We can leave on a pseudo-honeymoon. Travel the city’s sites and crash in roadside hotels. It’ll be difficult for our parents to track us the whole way. You can decide where you want to go, and I’ll be with you until the week ends.”

Since Akira has just got home, Setsuya won’t be surprise if his brother refuses. But he hopes Akira will accept. It can become a never-ending date—where strangers won’t bat an eye to find them together, where duty and family can be forgotten in exchange for love and freedom.

“What do you say?” he asks.

Pseudo-honeymoon.... A week away with just Setsuya.. Just hearing that made Akira smile. Tilting his head slightly, he grinned once he saw his brother handsome face. "I'd love to." He replied happily. The thought of escaping his parents, made him even more excited to leave.

"How would I get my things? Mom is still on my room." He said softly before turning to face his brother.

“Who said we need to bring anything?” Setsuya teases with his own grin that echoes Akira’s delight. “As long as nobody robs our wallets and phones, we’re set. The rest we can improvise on the go.”

He offers his hand and waits for his brother to accept it, “Come, Akira. Let me take you to the best getaway anyone will ever have.”

Because soon, they are going leave the house, get into his car, and run far, far away.

He laughed softly before taking a hold of his brother's hand.

"Just the clothes on our backs, cell phones and wallets. It sounds more like running away ." He teased. "But it also sounds fum and exciting." He finished. "We should probably get out if here while we can."

He picked up his phone and held it tightly. "We're taking picture as we go too."

Setsuya nods, accepting his brother’s suggestion. Pictures would be nice—not only for the memories, but also for the indignant response his mother will surely show at the photos.

Still clutching Akira’s hand, Setsuya snatches the car keys from the hook beside the door and they quietly leave the house.

They separate soon, though, when they get into the car. Setsuya revs the engine and pulls out of the driveway, slipping smoothly amidst the nightlife’s traffic.

He glances at Akira on the passenger seat and asks, “So, where to?”

"Well first things, first. I need some new clothes if we're going to be walking around in public. I don't think a loose T-shirt and shorts would give people the right impression of us especially me." Akira chuckled as he looked over at Setsuya.

His heart was beating so fast and loud with excitement. It beat so loud that he thought his brother could hear and a wide, happy smile spread across his innocent features.

Setsuya glances away from the street to take a look at Akira, just to see a smile that almost blindsided him for a second. Whoever can get a wrong impression about his brother certainly needs to be check on the head, because nobody should be able to badly judge someone who can radiate that kind of enthusiastic happiness.

As Setsuya smiles back and returns to check the road, a brief thought of going to his company’s boutique for easy and classy get-ups passes in his head. But then he realizes that not only they would be recognizable in there, Akira will also be uncomfortable with the formal style the store offers. Akira unmistakably prefers free and relaxing everyday outfits like the one he packed for college.

So, Setsuya pulls into a 24 hours shopping center and decides that he will give this make-over a try, too.