After Death (Pigeon x Wewuwe)

Kotorichan

Luika thought for a moment. It was surprising to see that the man was already so calm, usually it took souls much longer to accept their fate. "I usually spend my time reading or cooking... There is a world where gods, nymphs, guardians, and the sort live. They would be able to see and talk to you. I can take you there sometime if you'd like."

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• Wewuwe

Tenzin listened to the man talk as he stood up, his legs wobbling.

"I'd really like that." He said. "You're being so nice, thank you." He said, gaining his composure finally.

"I didn't expect you to be so friendly." He aided, "that sounded mean, I-I'm sorry, please don't be offended by that!" He frowned. "I'm sorry."

Luika stood up gracefully and shook his head a little. "I really don't understand why you mortals are so afraid of me... But I'm glad you think I'm friendly. I really don't want you to be afraid while you're here." He smiled and gestured for Tenzin to follow, keeping his hands hidden under his sleeve. "Please follow me, I'll show you to the kitchen"

"Okay." Tenzin said, following behind the man. "I didn't mean to offend you, if I did." He said softly, noticing the other-worldly looks the man had. "Thank you." He spoke.

"Don't worry, you didn't offend me at all." Luika opened a sliding door to a huge kitchen and stepped inside. "I don't know if I have many ingredients from your world... But I can got get whatever you need." He gestured to an enormous bookshelf filled with cookbooks from all over Tenzin's world as well as from all over the worlds of other dimensions. "You can use whichever of these you'd like, and I have more in the library..."

Tenzin's eyes grew wide in awe.

"This is amazing!" He grinned at the large kitchen. "All these books...and from different dimensions?" He reached out and grabbed a book, flipping though the pages. "Most of these things I don't even know what they are." He smiled at the pages, then glanced up at Luika. "Thank you.." he said softly. "This looks interesting, do you have these ingredients?" He stepped closer to Luika and showed him the page of ingredients.

Luika leaned in and examined the list. "I have most of these... I can have my children get the ingredients I don't have. If you would like me to translate any of the recipes for you then please let me know. Many of the cookbooks have pictures so you could just find something that looks interesting. Or even a cookbook that looks interesting and I could translate the list of recipes so you could pick some."

• 2 weeks later...

Tenzin stiffened when the man leaned towards him. "Thank you." He said softly, looking over to another book and opening the pages to find detailed calligraphy of a lost language. "Could you translatethis one for me? The food in it looks amazing.." he murmured,"please." He said shyly.

"Of course." Luika took the cookbook, his fingers visible for a few moments. He was feeling a little more comfortable around the human, although the feeling probably wasn't mutual. He always wanted the souls to feel comfortable living with him, although it usually didn't work out too well.

Tenzin watched the man focus on the book before turning to look around at the other books.

He stopped for a moment and glanced at his hands that were sliding across the spines of the books. He felt like he was alive, he felt his chest move as if he was breathing. This was so odd, he pulled his hand away, wondering why he could still feel things like he did when he was alive. "Luika." He started, still looking at his hands. "Is this really how it is to feel dead? I mean, i just still feel so alive." He walked over to the other man, reaching out to touch the soft fabric of Luika's sleeve. "how can I still feel this? shouldn't i not?" He asked, a puzzled look to his face, looking up at the man.

• 2 weeks later...

Luika felt a pang of sadness at the man's words. How could he answer that kind of question? "You are not exactly dead, your soul has merely left your body. As for how you feel, I honestly cannot give you a good answer for that. I have never been 'alive.' This is the only kind of existence I have ever know." He allowed his sleeve to fall back and fully reveal his skeletal hands. "I am not alive, nor am I dead. For now you are the same." His fingers lightly touched Tenzin's. "I can feel your warmth and the texture of your skin... But I do not know if it would feel any different if I had a true physical body."

Tenzin froze at the sight of Luika's hands. He watched the man reach over and touch him. Surprisingly, Luika's hand felt warm.

"It feels the same to me." He said softly, finally looking up at the man, his cheeks warm from the sudden touch. "um.." he glanced back down at the taller man's hands "how...um, how..why are your hands.." He trailed off.

Luika looked down at his hands with a faint frown. "Ah, I used to be very bad at controlling my powers... Too much was concentrated in my hands and it ended up melting the flesh away. But since I am a god I was still left with full control of what was left." He looked up again with a slight smile. "Please do not worry... I have learned to control those powers so you are fully safe."