Why is that so..?

Oni

Yeah, I know that I start new threads all the time but I can't help it!

Now I want you to tell if you wonder something in yaoi! There're lot of things that I just can't understand and I want you to tell your opinions!

This all started just a few seconds ago. I'm reading manga called Friends like a lover and again I noticed that when two guys are doing something else than kissing uke is always all naked! Whereas seme has often all clothes on!

Why is that so? That seems like "okay, let's do this now and hurry up then! Just clothes off that I can see your ah-so-lovely body and lick you all over! You don't need to see me and I don't want you to do anything." It's always so! They say that love is interaction but if we build our opinions on yaoi mangas... it doesn't seem like that!

Usually semes have just "wtf"-impression when ukes say that they want to do something too!

Any ideas why is that so?

• Like 6

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oni

• kiri-kun

• elfmist

• DarkDjinn53

It's very good you open threads because it's always good when we have new topics to discuss!

Ok, so... returning to the subject...

I noticed that too and I was also wondering the same thing. :hamtaro-005 (6): I mean, it would be way sexier if they would be both naked... and the seme remains dressed... exactly the seme who should have a more muscular and hotter body! :leaf15:

• Like 1

I've already asked this question from a seme before.

He said it's a play for dominance really. The fact that an uke is naked in the act while a seme is still partially clothed is to make the uke more vulnerable than ever and is subject to lots of squirming, writhing and screaming underneath the seme.

Yes, it does appear very one-sided as this kind of scenario is much of a turn on for a seme. that's why it's called a seme thing to do. and then there are some uke who actually enjoy this kind of scenario. The vulnerability excites them and implicitly trusting themselves to a seme's ministrations.

• Like 8

That sounds rational. Really. When we think about these seme and uke roles.

And now I don't have any other questions! Duh. Well, maybe I pick up some questions in the future again. Then I come here and huddle why are things like they are. o_o

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He said it's a play for dominance really. The fact that an uke is naked in the act while a seme is still partially clothed is to make the uke more vulnerable than ever and is subject to lots of squirming, writhing and screaming underneath the seme.

I was wondering the same thing as Oni! Thanks for explaining! :D

My opinion is the same as the poster's above :hamtaro-005 (6): and..

i also think that only uke is naked just because the seme sometimes ...want to possess his lover and don't want any reversion!~ they may want to be dominant :)...(only to his uke )

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Yes, it does appear very one-sided as this kind of scenario is much of a turn on for a seme. that's why it's called a seme thing to do. and then there are some uke who actually enjoy this kind of scenario. The vulnerability excites them and implicitly trusting themselves to a seme's ministrations.

actaully I like to be this way!! I am a boy that likes guys sooooo :)

• 5 weeks later...

I like it when the uke still has some clothes on, a little bit of fighting back is nice. so as the seme is trying to take uke's clothes off , it's very nose bleeding :>

Yaoi is a fiction. The Seme's are represented as powerful.. nudity is always a sign of weakness, inviolability and may never come across such a Seme. Seme play the active part in the relationship.

It is difficult to convey something like that in a "comic", so it will be shown so that the seme (always) wears the clothes.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree about the "dominance" theory. I've noticed in many, that the closer the Seme gets to finally figuring out that he's truly in love, the fewer clothes he has on. Not the same for the Uke, however, that seems to be represented by how many times he says "No" before accepting without reservation...