Tame the Beast (Eornostlice x WolfDog)

WolfDog12

Guest Eornostlice

As the beast had wordlessly i structed him, the bloodied hand was pressed down on its head. There was no physical sensation as he did so, but words did appear in his mind the same way that a written contract would be read, its rules and conditions stated clearly without ways to go around them- he had left himself no ways to kill the monster on purpose afterall and did not plan to go back on his word. He was rather satisfied with his choice. It seemed that the beast was similarly a fair creature despite its ruthless character and human eating habits. Perhaps not a lost hope afterall.

Phillip watched the beast pass out. He underststood that all of its strength was used up in the process. He on the other hand, as the initiator of the contract felt rather refreshed. But he did not hesistate. Rushing inside and bringing out the first aid kit, the prince immediately attended the creature wound. His own bleeding wound was not that serious in comparison and it could wait. The prince did his best to tightly wrap the bandages around the creature, ensuring that the bleeding would stop.

Only then did he wrap up his own hand only to ensure it would not get infected, making him able to properly grip the sword once more.

The beast was not in danger so the brunette did not hesistate to return to the village and grab his horse. Just as the contract has mentioned, he needed to provide the beast with food. It was a need. That was exactly why he went hunting, with his horse and his sowrd alone, managing to bring down two deer. He was exhausted.

The horse had to be tied by a tree at a considerable distance away from the sleeping creature, still being frigtened.

Afterwards he just sat down and watched, waiting for the time it would open his eyes again. It did not take long however, given the fact that hunting took him plenty of time.

"Eat up. It should give you some strength." With some effort he pulled the two lifeless deers in front of the creature, not afraid that he could be possibly harmed.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

The beast Hoist itself onto its legs and walked over to meet the prince half way and helped pull the deer farther from the horse and into the moonlight where the creature laid again. It was still weak but the beast was basically all muscle so it was able to at least do this much. The beast laid down and glanced over at the prince before he bit into the soft center of the dear and tore off a large piece of meat. The creature took a couple bites before just swallowing the large piece.

The beast then dug in more and more finding all the best meat to eat and even digging its head into the chest cavity and pulling out the deer's heart. The creature placed the heart in front of the prince and wondered if he would eat it. The beast waited on eating any more as he waited for the prince to dig in. When it was apparent he wasn't just going to eat the heart raw, the beast scooped it up and downed it. The beast licked its lips and then tore off one of the deer's back legs and gave it to the prince before going into the deer once more and eating everything with few exceptions.

After the deer had nothing left to offer, the beast got to its feet and grabbed the second deer and started eating that as well. This creature had a hell of an appetite but didn't stop the prince should he reach for any part of the deer. For the second one, the beast opened it up and pulled out the heart but placed it to the side to save for last. That was certainly its favorite part. The creature left a good portion of second for the prince and waited to see if he wanted anything else. It was clear that humans didn't eat raw meat so by the time he finished one piece, the beast could have finished the deer with nothing left over.

By the end, the beast sucked down the heart of the deer and got to its feet it looked back at the prince before taking a couple steps forward and glancing back again. The beast huffed and walked away heading off to get some water. The sun was an hour from rising so it was best the creature took advantage of the night to lighten the burden on its day form. Whether or not the prince followed was up to him as the creature went to the river and took a long drink before washing its face.

Guest Eornostlice

Phillip was relieved to see the creature get up and pull the deer farther. It meant that he had managed to stop the bleesing and the wound was already healing. True, in about an hour or so he would have to redo the bandages, the ones on the beast simply too big for the human boy to wear. He would need to explain him everything and perhaps, if he was well enough to at least hold onto the prince while riding the horse, they could start the journey back. For the boy's safety, most likely, he was not going to tell the villagers the real reason why the boy was taken away.

The brunette stared at the beast offering food. It was a strange gesture and watching it eat was even stranger. It's beastly nature was all the more obvious truly. But of course he was not tempted by the 'food' in the least. A disease was the best thing he could possibly get from eating any type of uncooked meat, unlike the creature. He shook his head, and let it finish its meal. It seemed that its favorite part was the heart so instantly he decided that animal hearts could make good rewards once they were back to the castle.

The change in its behavior was easily noticeable and fairly intriguing to look at. He got himself up from the ground. It seemed that he was supposed to follow so he did.

Ah. A river huh? He felt that he needed to wash his own face so he was not hesistant to do so, not caring about wetting his hair in the process. The water was cold and refreshing, good for sobering him up.

That was perhaps going to be his biggest problem, the fact that the creature was in fact nocturnal. That would mean sleepless nights from then on, and during the day he would need to protect the boy. Quite a troublesome arrangement.

The beast finished washing up and started to go back. It always preferred to be back in the same spot it left before returning to its human form. The creature hardly had time to wait for the prince this time as it walked back so he would just have to catch up later. The creature just left him there. It was straight forward on how to get back so it shouldn't be a problem for Phillip.

Once it returned to where it had been, the creature noticed the left over deer and that it was where the creature wanted to lay. It walked over to a nearby tree instead. It was close enough, it wasn't like the human managed to get it perfectly right every night either. So, they were even.

The sun soon rose and the beast was once again transformed into its human form. Hikyuu woke up laying flat on the ground and sat up. The bandages around his center fell loosely around his hips and he took notice of the black cuff around his left wrist. It seemed to be able to remain on in both forms... Sure, the human wrist was much thinner but the cuff seemed to adjust and shrink to still be able to fit.

"What happened?" He wondered looking over the cuff and then checking the wound on his back. The area was still tender but it had completely closed up and almost reached the point of full healing. That's alright. He felt so much better... The beast always did know how to take care of him even though it probably hated the fact that it was human just as much as Hikyuu hated being a beast.

Guest Eornostlice

Phillip followed as he noticed the beast began to move back. He was aware that it the sun was up so it seemed fairly easy to understand that the transformation was about to come undone -or happen once more depending on how one looked at it- meaning that the beast was returning. Why it felt the need to return there, he did not know, but it also did not matter. Most likely they were going to depart soon either way.

The prince did not give the bare body displayed in front of him much thought- it wasn't like there was something he had not seen- choosing instead to look at the prebiously injuried area trying to figure out wether bandaging would still be necessary. It seemed that it wasn't the case, with the wound almost fully healed. It was somewhat terrifying, having such a powerful healing ability.

What he did not expect however, was for the black cuff to shrink and remain in place, despite the change occured with the body.

"From now on the villagers should be safe." He spoke briefly, showing a tired smile. "We should also be able to move for the castle with no casualties and I will be in charge of protecting you with my life." It was a sense of fulfillment that filled him, knowing that he stuck to his ideals and it somehow worked out. Of course, he was injuried but in the end, he was alive. "You should put on some clothes before you catch a cold though, kid. Ah. You won't be able to remove that cuff however as it isn't exactly a material thing."

He still did not know the boy's name but he was certainly younger than himself.

"Mind if we keep me being the beast a secret? I'd rather tell everyone that you killed it and that I'm moving to the kingdom for work or something." Hikyuu wasn't worried about being naked or having to leave. He was fully aware of what needed to be done and was willing to do it. It was strange though, the way the prince spoke to him. The prince didn't look that much older and Hikyuu's age was estimated based on how long he'd lived in the village and about how old he was when he was found.

"I'm surprised to wake up and find you alive and... well I'm alive... Plus I still don't understand what this black cuff is so on the way to the village, do you mind explaining it to me?" Why would Hikyuu need protecting? Now that he had a clear head, wielding his sword wouldn't be a problem and the prince was the only one that could take on his knight form. No other blade could harm that form and if the prince had his sword, then he'd be fine.

"When you say you'll protect me, do you mean that you'll protect everyone else from me?" He didn't understand how he needed protection. "By the way, I don't think you're that much older than me and my name is Hikyuu if you're at all curious," he explained before heading inside. He grabbed his pants and put them on before looking at his bloody shirt. That should probably be washed before being put back on. The male strapped on his sword and put his scarf on while taking his shirt out.

"I"m going to go to the river really quick," he said as he walked off towards the river. He cleaned it and got rid of the blood before putting the shirt up to dry. "Before anything else happens, you should get some sleep. Either way, we can't make it to the kingdom without running across a few nights so you may as well rest and be ready for the ride when we do. I'll go say goodbye to the village and we can leave a little after mid day. Until then, get some sleep." Hikyuu knew he needed the prince in a far better condition than the one he was already in. The male then hurried off without his shirt. The villagers would understand. Besides, the cool, almost winter weather felt pretty nice.

Guest Eornostlice

Unlike the beast, the boy could talk and gods did he do that a lot. There were way too many things at once to answer to so he did not even attempt to try before he seemed to be finished. The prince did not exactly wait around as he announced to be going to the river but followed. It was afterally his duty to protect the human now, just as he swore. The only thing he was actuallt glad to find out was the male's name, Hikyuu.

"Stop for a moment and hear me out, would you?" He sighed, but there was no malice in his words. If anything, he was tired and it felt a little bit like babysitting. Perhaps it was the fact that the Kingdom's entire fate rested on his shoulders that shaped his personality into one that was way more mature than needed, unlike the childish raven boy.

"The beast has no choice but to stop attacking humans. I will similarly not be attacked. That creature and I entered a contract and the cuff serves as proof." He unwrapped his left hand to expose a deep wound that was still healing across his palm, clearly a cut by blade. "It is a blood oath and this is the proof on my side, along with an invisible pattern. I swore to protect the creature, and that also meams protecting you. No one can harm the beast but not the samw can be said about you. If someone were to cut your head off, the beast would be done for and so would I be." He did his best not to use complicated words.

"I will sleep once we reach the village. It seems that so many nights without sleep took a toll on my body. Once you are done with your goodbyes, you should come to my room and wake me up so we can ge going. I will give the same instructions to the guards as well. Whatever you tell everyone else, it isn't really of my concern. But perhaps telling them that your swordmanship skills were remarked so you were recruited as a royal guard or something would be for the best."

He was not sure if there was anything he had missed. Phillip sighed.

"I will call you by your name. By contract we are more or less equal and stripped of any priviledges so when we are not alone Phillip is fine. If you do it around others however, you risk getting yourself in trouble." Having someone not belonging to the royal lineage calling the kind of the crown prince by their direct name was not something the stuck up nobles would tollerate afterall.

Hikyuu stopped when he was called out and looked back at the prince. Maybe he was being a bit hasty... He didn't know the full details of the contract until Phillip told him. Sure, he needed to be kept safe from the king's men but he should be able to prevent himself from getting his head taken off. The boy then thought about what happened with the bandits and placed his hand on his side. If it weren't for Phillip he probably would have died... Though, if the prince never came, no one would know of the beast and the bandits never would have come so it was all one huge chain reaction. Oh well.

"I understand, sorry for seeming selfish..." he said. After that, he went quiet and helped the prince get up on his horse before walking down to the village with him. Phillip was to go to the inn and sleep while Hikyuu went and told the villagers what happened. He explained how the beast was dead and that Phillip saw his sword skills and wanted him in the kingdom. The villagers seemed so relieved by the news on the beast but were sat and happy for Hikyuu at the same time. The male was a little sad to be saying goodbye and was given a number of gifts. One of his friends asked how his back was with being stabbed and he simply explained it didn't actually hit him.

Once all the stories were laid out, Hikyuu returned home for a while and grabbed his shirt to put on before he went into the house and said a final goodbye to the ones in the basement. Eventually someone would come and clean it out or destroy it. But until then, Hikyuu wanted to leave it... Some may consider it disrespectful but it was their grave and he hadn't the heart to change it.

The male finally returned to the inn to go talk to the prince. It was late noon, a bit later than he expected it to be but he also made sure the carriage and everything was ready for the trip. Hikyuu walked over and knocked on the door. "Prince Phillip, I hope you slept well because it's getting late!" He shouted and waited patiently outside for the prince. He saw his adoptive parents and hugged them one last time as well wishing that the village live on.

Guest Eornostlice

The prince just shook his head, no longer talking. Everything that needed to be said had already been said so there wasn't much of a point in mindless chatter. At least he considered it so.

Once they were back to the village, the prince and yhe boy parted ways, allowing Hikyuu to properly say his goodbyes before leaving. Phillip himself made his way back to his room, inside the inn, to the joy of his guards that almost teared up at the sight of the prince returning. He had been missing for nearly an entire day and night and both had been worried. He did not explain his absence and merely told them about their departure and the fact that they were going to have one more person to join them on their way back, making them wait until they were leaving to actually receive any details. It was the only way to keep Hikyuu safe as promised afterall.

After everything was settled, the brunette entered his room and climbed into the bed, very much grateful for the feel of his bed. His eyes closed in a matter of seconds and everything went black as he fell into deep sleep.

It was a good couple of hours later that green eyes reopened to take in the appearance of the room once more, having been awakened by a voice from outside. He overslept. Climbing out of the bed, he felt much more refreshed and after putting his clothes back on he exited the room. He wore his last spare cape over his armor, looking the same way he had when coming to the village.

"Are you prepared?" He questioned in a firm voice, his demeanour calm and collected as he motioned for the guards to already make their way outside. Any more wasted time and the beast was going to give them all a headache before they were prepared.

"I'm ready, don't worry," Hikyuu said. "I don't have much... though you probably know that from looking at the state of my house." The male smiled though thinking about the gracious gifts the villagers gave to him. Damn did it hurt to be leaving such kind people.... But it certainly hurt more to get up and find his friends killed by him. Why did he have to be cursed? This village had never been cursed before.... Did the curse just go to each village and pick a random child being born at that time? Or in this case, the only child being born at that time?

"Prince Phillip? Do all the cursed beasts look the same or do they take on different forms? I mean, I can't imagine every generation having to fight the same type of cursed beast every generation. If that were the case, you'd probably be more prepared when facing one, wouldn't you?" Hikyuu asked. Ok, so maybe he was being a little more talkative than usual but he had never known better and knew nothing of the curse or that the princes from the past had been killing them for so long to earn the title of king. He was the first cursed child to probably ever learn something about the curses other than turning at night and killing people. Though, he was also being careful how he spoke about it making sure that he didn't say anything about him being the cursed beast.

The red-eyed male got into the carriage where he was suppose to and made sure to stay close to the prince. The last thing he wanted was to stir up trouble. Hikyuu had already agreed that he was going to stay close and let the prince protect him so that is what he was going to do. Though, he waved goodbye for the last time as the carriage rolled away from the small village.

Guest Eornostlice

Phillip actually did not answer until they both entered the carriage, smiling, with his two aides actually waiting outside, taking care of the horses and making sure that they were heading home. The ride was going to be fairly long but that also meant they would have plenty of time to talk. Once inside, the prince went for one of their bags and pulled out a blue cloack with beautiful golden patterns sewed to it. It was one of Cedric's spares and definitely a little big but first things came first.

"You have a lot of questions but for now... You should hold onto this. May we be stopped on the road by any patrolling guards in different checkpoints on our way to the palace, you are to wear it. It is a proof of identification and for time being it will have to do. In two hours we will be reaching and leaving the city of Algarde so you might need to wear it." His tone was much too formal but part of his speaking, a result of his education since young. Only then did he sit down next to Hikyuu.

"We never know the shape that a beast will take. Nor do we know the place it will appear. It seems to be a curse that haunts his wntire Kingdom with the royal bloodline the only heroes capable of saving the land. I have not known that you are you human but most likely, all of them up until now had been the same. Cursed human beings. And for the sake of greater good, clueless cursed humans such as yourself have been slayed." A family of murderers claiming to fight for justice, leading the entire nation. He tried not too think too much about it.

"For one to take on the throne, one must slay the beast appearing within his generation. My father described the monster he had fought as green with a putrid smell and a strong sense of greed. The beast I have fought however is purple black and white and somewhat cat-like with extreme agility. It seems that all the cursed creatures have consciousness and intelligence however yet no one knew to what extent. Each beast has a different weakness as well and the one that you are cursed with is bound to the night and influenced by the moon." It felt strange to talk about the creature with the human that had to bear the curse. A fairly heavy topic.

"If I were to be killed by the beast, the second prince was going to become the crown prince and would be to attempt the same. Were he to be killed as well, the the third would need to do it. This will become a commotion. I have not killed the beast yet I am alive so still the rightful crown prince. And simultaneously the creature was stopped. However my brothers will not see it the same way, being much more inclined to follow the old rules rather than think for themselves. Therefore I will need to protect you. Yet again, inside the palace, the dangers are limited to the second and third prince rather than bandits and mercenaries, their position as the king depending on the fact that they need to assasinate you alone. A path of bloodshed isn't my way however. Especially if it's about the blood of innocents." It was only then that he stoped talking, taking a deep breath.

Green eyes bore into red ones. "Are you afraid? Your life might be filled woth dangers."

Hikyuu took the cloak handed to him and agreed to wear it when it was necessary to do so. Once Phillip sat next to him, he then explained everything. He spoke about the forms the beasts took on as well as their weaknesses.... were they all not bound by the night? If that were the case, did any of them even have a human form or where they a beast all the time? Heck, some might have a form based on the daylight. What if they were human by night and beast by day.... That poor village wouldn't be able to get anything done.... Hikyuu had found his own way to stop the beast from entering someone's home... did other cursed kids break into homes and destroy their villages?

The explanation was rather long but Hikyuu listened through the whole thing until the prince finally stopped to ask if he was scared about his fate.... Facing the prince's would be hard since he wasn't allowed to raise a sword against them but the beast would gladly take them and if they wanted the honor of actually taking down the beast, they'd have to fight his night form. "I should be.... Shouldn't I? Honestly, I'm not actually scared. I don't know why but I'm not all that afraid.... Maybe I've been preparing myself for this but I really don't want to kill anyone anymore... I've killed so many of my friends that I'm more scared of killing than I am of facing danger." Hikyuu then smirked and raised his arm. "Besides, you have to protect me, don't you?" He showed off the black cuff around his wrist.

That was the most honest answer Hikyuu could possibly give. He wasn't afraid... Maybe he didn't want to die but he wasn't scared of danger.... Why else would he go running into battle against bandits? Why wouldn't he have been afraid of the prince when he was already about to die? Fear wasn't something he was very close with. "By the way, what are your brothers like? Would they try to fight me during the day or would they choose to face me after the sun goes down?" This was rather important information to get.

Guest Eornostlice

Phillip had to smile, actually satisfied with such answer. In truth, this dangerous route was the safest for Hikyuu, all others leading to death. Were he not to be under his own protection, the boy would be already on his way to the other side to never be able to enjoy the happiness of life again. The reality was fairly cruel afterall. He also did appreciate the fact that the young man actually listened to everything before talking.

"My second brother will be after my sword. However the sword is something I have vowed not to let others have so it will be difficult for him to even try and obtain it. He will try however. His pride is high and his honor is circling around himself rather than around others. He has yet to become mature yet he would hunt the beast down rather than trying to kill you." He paused and his face turned solemn.

"Under all circumstances you need to stay away from third brother however. Calling it honor, he leta himaelf fall prey to greed easily and feels entitled to do so. I am afraid he is the only one you truly need to watch out for dueing the day and avoid being alone with him at all cost. Unlike second brother and myself, he is most skilled in using a dagger rather than a sword. But as much as possible, I will keep you by my side both during the night and the day and he is not so reckless as to act in public. He would be shameless enough to attempt killing you during the daylight and say he had done it during the night with the beast reverting to human form upon death. As all cursed creatures are different, there would be no way to disprove it." It sounded as if a big headache was coming their way.

"I will have you stay in my chamber whenever I am resting and you will seldom be alone. Is that alright with you?"

Both brother sounded like a hell of a handful... Even if Hikyuu agreed to stay by Phillip's side, the beast had a mind of its own so it may not wish to always be by the prince's side. That being said, so long as Phillip held onto his sword, the beast wouldn't have to worry about the others. There was only one blade that could harm him and that happened to be it and in the contract made between the two, Phillip would not be able to lose his blade without the beast killing him and whomever took it. Still, it was a dangerous trade off.

There shouldn't be too much trouble with the second prince but the third, he'd watch out for. Even if he couldn't draw his blade against the prince, he still had skills and should be able to avoid the daggers.... Though, it would be difficult... Maybe it was for the best to really stay close to Phillip. "I'm not very use to being with someone that much... It shouldn't be too bad though because I spent every day going into the village so spending every day with you shouldn't be all that bad. But I have to ask, how are you planning on taming the beast? It may have agreed not to kill you but what of your family? If one of them tried to fight wouldn't it just kill them without hesitation?" There was no agreement that the beast wouldn't bare its fangs at anyone, the agreement was that it wouldn't bare its fangs against Phillip specifically... It was like it predicted something like this to happen.

"Also, it may be a month away but what are you going to do during the day in which I am a beast all day long? What about sleep? I don't require any but you do and with me being up for all hours, day needing the most protection, and night needing the most controlling, what's your plan?" Hikyuu was nervous to say the least. There was one night a month that he was human just as there was one day a month that he was a beast but beyond that, he was one or the other. Hikyuu was concerned for the prince's health.

Honestly, the best answer would probably be to teach the beast to trust someone else, a guard perhaps that would just watch over it while Phillip rested and so he wouldn't have to worry to much. The only thing Hikyuu didn't want was for Phillip to basically collapse the way that he did today. If that happened then no matter what form he was in, someone was going to be screwed and someone would probably end up dead.

Guest Eornostlice

There were a lot of questions whose answer he did not know. Yet he was sure he had taken the right decision either way. "I will figure it all out slowly. I believe I will trap the beast inside of my room with myself for time being. It won't be happy but it's the safest way. I might require the help of my aides as well- at least that is what I have been thinking off. Either way I will see it through." The more he thought about it the more difficult it was becoming. Yet an idea did come to mind.

"When the time where the beast will be around for the entire day comes, I will be awake the entire time. My aides will ensure your protection while your form is still human. They are both trustworthy and had been by my side for years now. You need not to fear them. And more importantly..." Slightly nudging the curtains away from the carriage's window, the prince glanced outside at the moving scenery, his eyes serious and firm.

"I would be more worried about tonight. We will be camping outside the city walls. It will be all four of us yet we cannot attract too much attention. Any wandering travellers that spot the beast would cause rumors which might end up in our demise." He could not possibly make his guards stay up unreasonably and he couldn't really guarantee their safety either just yet. Sure the beast's food was to be ensured by the prince and it could not hunt humans. But attacking humans without eating them was much of an exit from the contract without breaking it and it had only occured to him much too late.

"I trust you... Though maybe we should have waited a little while before starting this trip... You see... I don't transform on the new moon. So, I'll be human during the day and the night of the new moon." This was the first time Hikyuu had mentioned this and only now was he thinking that it would have been so much better to have mentioned it before they'd even left the village. Hopefully this didn't change anything too badly. It probably didn't matter, Phillip would have to tell his father of what was going on so it wouldn't matter if he was human for a night or not. It also didn't help that it was only one night a month.

The sun was probably setting... At least, that's what it felt like to Hikyuu... He was rather good at sensing these things and the prince was already poking his head outside. They'd been traveling half the day and since they left late noon, time was almost up. "I don't want to kill anyone...." the human said nervously. Hikyuu was so scared of Phillip not being able to handle his beast form and the creature just going off and killing again. The city was different from a spacious town and the woods... What if the beast became stir crazy and lost his mind. The last thing the beast needed was to lose it and take its pent up energy on the city.

The male wondered if it was alright for him to stay put in this way and transform or if he should go someplace else.... It wasn't safe to go out... No way. The male quickly stripped away his clothes and just sat there waiting. It didn't take much time for the male to start transforming. That painful change happened again and the beast opened its eyes looking around. Damn was it pissed. Getting up, the beast glared at the prince and went to shove him aside to go hunting for itself.

Guest Eornostlice

Phillip did not answer, instead being deep in thought. Perhaps it would have been better to leave when Hikyuu had the most control over his body. Perhaps. But now it was too late to be thinking about that, certainly. Instead he would work around it just as he had initially planned.

Watching the transformation, the prince's guard was raised up. The creature looked extremely pissed- not like the had not expected that given the fact that since born, the boy and the beast had always been in the same village, in the same place day after day and every other night. He had suspected it might not be very happy for a change, especially since the beast more or less changed forms in the same spot that the boy had done so himself. Perhaps it was attached to that place.

But it did not matter. Being shoved aside did not discourage the prince.

"I have already prepared food for you just as our oath had specified. There is no need for you to go." He remained calm, his eyes straight on the creature. "Plus. Are you not interested where we are going and what the conditions are? I have already explaoned it all to your human self but I am aware you do not retain any of his memories." How could he just watch it go and wreck havoc everywhere afterall?

• 2 weeks later...

The beast looked over at the prince and huffed. Clearly it did not care for his explanation. At least, not until he had some food and gone for a walk to get to know his surroundings. With that, the creature just jumped out of the cart and started to walk around the camp. The beast snarled as if it would kill anyone that looked at it and thankfully, no one did. The beast took its time getting use to the camp before turning to head off to the woods. Now that it was fully healed, it didn't want to be fed by human hands if it could be helped. Already, the beast could smell a deer trail.

This could be the last time the beast was allowed out into the woods so he wanted to take full advantage of his ability to run, hunt, kill. The beast gave the prince one more huff before disappearing into the forest. Sure, it was the prince's job to prepare food for him but that agreement was only for that one night since the beast didn't have the strength to hunt for himself. Besides, he probably couldn't just leave wherever they were bringing him so why not take advantage of his freedom?

The beast returned a couple hours later having hunted, ate and hunted again. It carried a huge buck on its back and dropped the animal next to the cart. The beast looked around for the prince for only a minute before barking like a dog to get his attention without getting other people concerned of what was out there. The beast could copy so many sounds, learned so much, it knew how to deal with humans.... mostly... Just not face to face...

With the buck, the Beast was presenting it to the prince but it also really wanted the heart... That was the best part and the prince didn't seem too fond of deer heart. The beast looked over at the prince and huffed. Clearly it did not care for his explanation. At least, not until he had some food and gone for a walk to get to know his surroundings. With that, the creature just jumped out of the cart and started to walk around the camp. The beast snarled as if it would kill anyone that looked at it and thankfully, no one did. The beast took its time getting use to the camp before turning to head off to the woods. Now that it was fully healed, it didn't want to be fed by human hands if it could be helped. Already, the beast could smell a deer trail.

Guest Eornostlice

I apologize for not replying for so so long. Real life has been pretty tough and I find it extremely difficult to find the motivation to write these days, all the more now that I am in my exam period. Thank you for your patience and I truly apologize.

Hah. As expected, tge creature was fairly pissed, enough to ignore him altogether and run off to probably hunt. Phillip did know that the creature was an intelligent one so he did not question wether it knew what was going on or not. It was because it knew that it ran away in such manner and truly he did not want to follow, choosing to wait instead. It was going to return for sure as long as the contract existed so he did not worry, giving it time.

"Your royal highness, that monster..." Saten did not see the matter in the same way, wearing a deep frown. In his eyes, right from the begining the prince's decision had been immature. Unknowingly even his way of adressing Phillip had changed from one that would be used for the king himself to one used for a crown prince.

The brunette shook his head. "You and Cedric are to rest. I will keep watch." There was no doubt in his decision afterall and did nit plan to explain himself again. Wether the contract was for better or worse, it was his to deal with. Either way his life was at stake.

The guard did not have much to say so with one long look towards the brunette, he left for his tent, getting inside to sleep.

It was a couple of hours later that Phillip was actually getting a little bit tired yet he kept watch. He would be able to sleep a bit during day with Hikyuu in the carriage for time being, given that they were still going to travel quite a distance before arriving to the capital.

Hearing something bark, green eyed snapped open, the creature in front of him. Strange. Just like the previous night, it had brought an 'offering', causing the first prince to smile. From the way that the beast acted before, he knew what it was really craving as well. Getting up to get closer, he intead placed his hand on its fur. "It's fine you can have it. Humans do not eat raw meat as they can get sick. But thank you." Calm was necessary.

Unlike last time where the beast went digging into the belly then up into the chest cavity, the creature tore away the flesh right on the chest and exposed the bones. In a way, it was like he was showing off because the next bite shattered the rib cage and the beast spit it out, pushed it to the sides and dug in next to the lung and pulled out the heart. The beast then trotted off with the heart in its mouth and left the rest of the deer for the prince to do whatever he wanted. The fact that the beast didn't get upset or even react to being touched, showed that it was in a much better mood.

With one powerful jump, the beast gracefully landed on top of the carriage and laid down being careful not to break anything. The beast finished the heart and placed its head down to rest. The creature didn't really need sleep so it just watched the prince but also knew that it had to listen to the rules and deal he and his human side had made. Those bright red eyes stared down at the prince expecting to be told everything without having to ask or push him to focus on the beast. As much as the beast had prevented being seen by people, it loved attention and didn't like the idea of being ignored without just as many consequences as them attacking to try and kill him.

When the prince stopped to take the time to explain the conversation, the beast listened intensely. There were way too many rules for his comfort. He just wanted to continue to be free but clearly this human had another plan for the beast. Damn, he wanted to return to the village so badly.... he probably could have but this contract had him relatively bound to this stupid prince.