Tame the Beast (Eornostlice x WolfDog)

WolfDog12

Hikyuu did as he always did and got right to work helping people. Though, the farmers half way up the hill spoke of a woman in the woods being attacked by the beast or something. It was strange though, Hikyuu didn't see anyone when he was coming down to the village and there was a lacking smell of blood in the air... that is, beyond his own. They had sent up a villager to investigate but there didn't seem to be anyone around. Though, they only went as far as the edge. Hikyuu was the only villager that really entered the woods except for the occasional hunter who tried to put off going themselves.

The village was rather gloomy today and didn't have its usual light... Was the prince really that injured?! Hikyuu actually felt bad and placed his hand over his injured shoulder wishing he was the one in worse condition... though, the prince had people to take care of him knowing he got attacked by the beast, Hikyuu couldn't go to them with a sword wound without them finding out what he was.... still....

While working outside, moving some crates for a store, arm still throbbing and bleeding due to the strain, he noticed the prince coming out on horse back. Everyone stopped what they were doing to go and see, so Hikyuu did the same. He walked over and was glad to see the prince was still alive after all that. As he was focused on something else, one of the women next to him gasped and grabbed his wrist.

"You're bleeding!!!" The woman was in horror and wanted to get it fixed. Man, he bled through the bandages and a small drop ran down his arm. Hikyuu didn't accept it and said he was fine and cut himself on a branch this morning. He then ran from the crowd and ran for his house in the woods where he had put the extra first aid supplies.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

Guest Eornostlice

It was not long after that everything was prepared and ready for Phillip to use. Getting his clothes back on was no easy task in the end, with him struggling witgh both his pants and the long sleeved shirt. He no longer put on another cape, feeling that it would do nothing but hinder him.

The brunette refused any sort of help when it came to mounting his horse despite his injury, his mind being more or less in a constant state of chaos. There were more questions than last night and one in particular seemed to bother him the most.

WHY was he still alive? For all he knew, he should have become the creature's food as soon as he passed out, but instead... the memory of being carried on the back of it was vague in his mind. The abomination's warmth had kept him alive. But.. why?

No matter the reason though, the beast was now in his grasp. He could simply feel that everything was getting close to a conclusion.

The first thing that the prince did -albeit absentmindedly- was greet the villagers, as assurance that he was fine. Surely, his injury had worried many as they all proved to be loyal and deeply faithful to the kingdom so he felt it was his duty to reassure them. However, his mind was truly elsewhere. That was exactly why he had not heard the woman's shout as he passed by, nodding, thanking and smiling gently to the mass of people.

With the greetings out of the way, Phillip's eyes turned sharp and he sped up towards the hut. This time around, he had brought a lamp, yet he did not barge in, remembering the pile of fresh clothes in the dusty house. Instead, with difficulty he got off the horse, limping towards the door, his sword in its sheath and lamp in one hand, knocking once more with the other. "Excuse me."

Hikyuu was about the level of the farms when the prince on his horse rushed past him and up to the woods. Now he was really nervous. The boy continued to run as fast as he could. For granted, it was faster than any normal human but it still wasn't quite as fast as a horse. By the time he made it to his house, the prince already knocked and had gotten no response for a while but before he could enter on his own, Hikyuu came up behind him.

"Excuse me, what are you doing at my house?" the boy asked. As he got close to the horse, the animal was able to smell the beast within him and began to throw up a fuss. No other animal in the village did because the beast never attacked them. However, the beast did attack this horse on day one and nearly ripped its leg off so of course it would be afraid. "Easy big guy, I'm not going to hurt you." Hikyuu's voice was gentle as he raised his good hand and waited but the horse wasn't calming down.

For now, the boy turned his attention back to the prince. "Why are you at my house? Don't you know better than to come this deep in the woods?" Hikyuu didn't know what went down here between Phillip and the beast but based on the amount of blood, and the marks all over the ground from the creature's tantrum, it was safe to bet they had their little showdown here. "This house is off limits to everyone so please leave. I'm sorry you came this far only to be turned back."

Hikyuu swung his hip into the door to open it since it wasn't easy to open and entered, walking over to get the first aid. As he reached the one couch he used, he noticed the footprints towards the basement door. No wonder the place had smelled when he returned. The boy panicked and forgot about his bloody shoulder all over again and ran over to the door where the prince still stood. "Leave now," He demanded. "Or I will have to send you back." Hikyuu gripped his sword and got ready to attack.

Guest Eornostlice

The horse was terrified. Not even Phillip himself could make the horse calm down and the horse itself was not the overly scared type. Something was off. That was why he let go, allowing the horse to run away.

The prince did not speak as he watched the panicked young man run inside, instead placing the lamp down. It seemed that he just hit the jackpot and found his way to solve the entire mystery, and if lucky enough, the beast's secret that would allow its capture.

His face was steeled as the other pulled out his sword, mimicking his motion, drawing the sword with his left despite having to face pain. "Do you dare raise your sword at me brat? Only the gesture alone is enough to get you along with the village wiped."

His eyes grew wide. One of the young man's shoulders was bleeding, sign of a deep wound. It did not take him long to link the two together, a small smile appearing on his lips. It couldn't be... Why would the owner of the suspicious hut have a wound in the same place as the abomination... "You... where did you get that wound?"

When the prince spoke of his actions, it was clear that Hikyuu didn't want the villagers to be harmed or have their little town wiped out. He lowered his weapon slightly but still, his red eyes glared at Phillip. That was one thing he and the beast shared besides a body, the color of their eyes. Although, the beast had red that covered the entire eye, Hikyuu's was just the iris like a normal human.

Noticing the smile, Hikyuu knew that the prince found out... He knew that the boy was the beast and it didn't take long. "I got this wound from a tree branch. I was running around this morning and got cut by a tree. It's not that deep or all that bad, it's just bleeding..." Why was he still lying... The prince knew what he was and what was going on. Should he cut the prince down now and blame the beast? No, that wouldn't solve the problem... they'd know better than that... Plus, for the prince to go missing mid day would really look suspicious.

"Look, please just leave. You have no authority to just come into my house so I suggest you try calling your horse back to take you down to the village." Hikyuu sheathed his sword again and attempted to close the door on Phillip. He wanted to be left alone.

Guest Eornostlice

A tree branch? There was no way that such a big wound -judging by the blood stain- could be caused by anything else but a deep cut. He was almost certain now. But how could it be possible for the young man to be the creature? And how come he could be living there when the beast refused to go near the hut?

Without flincing, the prince stopped the door with his left, his eyes ice cold. "Where were you the previous night? It's strange that you weren't home given that everyone else was holed up. Plus..." Phillip swung the door open, still holding his sword, now pointing it towards the boy.

"Whatever it is in your basement that has such a foul smell already gives me the authority to turn your place upside down." He could not be merciful nor could he be kind. If his feeling was right and he was not given a good explanation then he would not hesistate to bring death to the young man. "I do not cower from taking lives, especially if I feel that is linked with my duty. Speak now, and your life might get spared. Otherwise, do not blame me for being merciless."

Hikyuu stumbled back as the door was forced open and he was quickly threatened for information. The boy glared viciously, his eyes practically glowing. He wasn't scared and would take the prince down if he had to. "that foul scent is a charm, a reminder. If it gets cleaned up, you can bet within a week, that beast will be breaking into people's homes to killing everyone without reservation. Have you ever wondered why that thing has never entered a human's house? That's because of this house."

The male placed his hand over his sword again and drew it quickly to knock away the prince's. "If you even try to go down there and defile that place, I will cut you down where you stand." Hikyuu was completely serious and so unlike himself. He was the helpful type, and yet, now he had this look like some kind of demon ready to kill the prince. Hikyuu wasn't about to let the prince get away with entering his home and seeing that basement. If hikyuu nor the beast could go down there, then Phillip certainly wasn't going down.

"Smoke?" He whispered. Just then, Hikyuu pushed the prince out of his way and he sprinted towards the village after smelling smoke. It was under attack. Another kingdom had gotten word of the beast and put a reward for its head and now bandit's were burning the village to smoke it out. The boy could only hope Phillip would stay out of the basement while he dealt with this. It was strange for him to be so blood thirsty while still being a human.

Guest Eornostlice

Phillip did not question anything, for whatever reason taking the noy's words as true. If anything, it made him question everything even further, but he did not get the chance to ask anything before he was pushed aside and the male rushed past, leaving him there alone.

If everything was like he said, then the other male was simply foolish. Leaving the brunette alone was like leaving a cat next to a bird nest after instructing it not to eat any. That was stupid wasn't it? Phillip walked out, noticing the smoke himself. Yet he did not rush back. That was not his duty. His aides were more than capable to deal with it.

Instead Phillip entered the house once more. He did not go for the basememt, instead planting himself next to the wall, sitting down. He was going to wait for the boy whose name did not know to return, being in no condition to walk back to the village, much less be of use.

There was actually no need to actually listen and leave the place alone. Afterall, with the beast coming to light, it was not going to be left alome any longer.

Hikyuu had managed to get to the village quickly and started to cut down anyone who didn't belong. However, after the night he had, the injury he sustained, as well as the fact that he was riled up by the prince and distracted by having left him there alone, Hikyuu was making a mess. He was sloppy and not quite as clean cut as usual. Sure, each attack was killer and rather precise, he was leaving himself too open and ended up getting stabbed in the back. The boy let out a yelp that sounded almost animistic but no one paid that part mind.

The boy turned and killed the man that stabbed him and was running on so much adrenaline, he didn't have time to feel pain from being stabbed. He just kept focused on killing. One of the villagers looked at him like he was a stranger the way he was fighting. There was no way this angry, animal was Hikyuu.

After two hours, they finally managed to get it all taken care of. The fires were out and the bandits had either run away or been cut down. Hikyuu on the other hand was panting and still bleeding, hunting for anyone else to dare to oppose him. The elder came over to him and gently touched his shoulder. Of course, Hikyuu turned and stopped his sword a mere inch from the man's neck who didn't even flinch. The boy lowered his sword and turned to the elder before hugging him.

The boy dropped his sword to the ground to hug his adoptive father for a long while before leaving as someone suggested he get medical help. Hikyuu didn't want anyone to examine him or any of his wounds so he returned to his house expecting the prince to have entered the basement. He walked in to find Phillip sitting on the less dusty couch and growled lightly at him. "Go home..." he said, blood all the way down his leg by now. Hikyuu grabbed the first aid kit and walked over to the duster couch to be able to put some bandaids on his body. He couldn't do anything major in these conditions.

"So, why are you still here, go home. Or you can kill me, take your pick." Hikyuu fell to his knees and felt himself starting to clock out. He'd been losing blood since last night and this stab to one of hi kidneys was to much to just brush off. "I'll probably die soon anyway..."

Guest Eornostlice

Phillip was patient. He waited the entire time, sure that his aides were not losing time, helping woth whatever was going on in the village. He on the other hand, was deep in thought.

The problem he faced was not easy to handle. His mission had been that of banishing the abomination in order to take over the throne as a rightful successor. Yet now, it did not feel the same. The creature he had been hunting for was in fact, human. That was a problem. If and only IF the human was not aware of his actions while in beast form, how would it be justice to slay both?

He needed information more than anything, only then would he be making decisions.

"I have questions for you. Wether you remain alive or not depends on your answer. But you will not spend nother night in this place either way. The beast, had spared my life the last night. i had been carried to the village alive by the creature. Therefore I am giving you the same chance to live. Is that good enough?"

"I'll answer as much as I can but just know, there is no where you can take me where I won't transform. Even if I am locked up away from the sun, I will always transform at nightfall..." Hikyuu said slowly. He laid down on the floor and made himself comfortable at least if he fell unconscious he'd already be on the ground. It was late after noon and the sun had been setting earlier and earlier. What with winter being right around the corner. They didn't have much time.

"If you want to know what's in the basement you can forget about it... Though, you probably already know if you were paying attention to the elder. I'm sure he must have told you about me. After all, the room at the inn you are staying in, use to be mine when I was little. If your question is how I became like this I have no idea. I think it had something to do with a witch but I really don't know." Hikyuu was tired and finally stopped talking wondering if there really were any other questions the prince could ask... He could ask if he terrorized the village on purpose but why would he? Hikyuu spent his life protecting everyone.

Besides, even if Phillip asked any questions about him being the beast, he probably couldn't answer them because he may as well be unconscious during the whole thing. He'd pass out and come to the next day naked in the woods maybe injured, maybe covered in blood, one time he was sprawled out over a dead deer he'd hunted and eaten until the sun suddenly interrupted the meal. Heck, just look at the way he reacted when he killed his childhood friend, running over to see who it was.

"I actually have a question myself... Why would that beast keep you alive? What did you do to cause that?"

Guest Eornostlice

Just as he suspected, it looked like the young man had no way of knowing what the beast was thinking. It was only now that he sheathed his sword, having no more killing intent towards the male. On the other hand, that meant nothing but further headached. He was not quite sure what to do.

"I hoped you would be able to answet thst question yourself. It's a pity you are unable to." Phillip's answer was completely honest. "The wound on your shoulder is my doing. But it was not the only one. Your legs should have been damaged as well after the first night when I arrived here. But the monstruosity has the ability to heal. Your wound now, I believe if you will make it to the sunset, will end up healing as well over the night, along with the shoulder. It is only a guess however."

The prince's face held a deep frown. He was not quite sure of a lot of things. Not even how to handle thie situation now.

"The beast. Does it eat anything else other than humans?" A risky idea began however forming inside his mind.

((OOC: I am so sorry, I did not realize that I forgot to reply Wolf))

"I'm going to guess that it heals because of the moonlight. I don't even change back upon the sun rising the day after the full moon.... Though... while the beast is strongest during a full moon, guess when it is at its weakest." Hikyuu couldn't help but smile. The new moon... when the human wouldn't turn into a beast and would remain in his hut until morning. "Has no one told you about the moon cycles yet? I feel as though that is some of the most important information."

Hikyuu tried to focus his strength a bit but it was getting harder to keep the conversation. "Eat humans? Sorry, does it eat anything other than humans?... Yes I believe so. I woke one morning over a dead deer. Clearly the beast had killed it and was in the middle of eating it when the sun came up. Animals are afraid of me... except for the cows... It's as if the beast has never killed a cow before... Probably because they stay in the barn and the beast doesn't enter buildings." Of course, Hikyuu was completely unaware that the barn was the beast's favorite napping place during the day after the full moon.

"Can I ask a favor? I'm not going to last until night fall if I can't at least slow the bleeding. Could you just cover it in a pile of gauze and tape it down or something?" Hikyuu didn't like asking for help but if Phillip was willing to let him live, then the boy was going to do whatever it took to do just that.

Guest Eornostlice

Phillip's mind had gotten clear with decisiveness flashing in his eyes. He took hold of the first aid kit, not wanting to be slow in his actions. The shirt was in the way so he helped the boy pull it off. It was a chance at life for a life, but not only that. The one in front of him was a valuable human being, not a monster. True, he shifted into a bloodthirsty creature at night, but he himself was not a monster.

The bleeding was not looking good. At all. It probably weakened the boy's body a lot. How could he even stand up with such wound? "I will help so lay down. This does not look good but I will try to stop the bleeding. It will hurt tho."

For better or worse, first aid had been part of his education over the years along with sword fighting as a way to kill the beast. Afterall, dying of blood loss due to a small wound would be nothing else but disgraceful in the eyes of royalty. The masses would not have a better reaction either.

Pressure. He would try to apply pressure. Perhaps it wouls stop. It looked terrible but it was worth a try.

Hikyuu had his shirt fully removed as it came over his scarf, leaving the long cloth around his neck. There really was no need, Phillip could have just lifted the shirt enough to tape on some gauze rather than go through all this trouble. Oh well. Though, it was strange, his red eyes could see that the prince wasn't scared of him, nor did he have any hesitation or debate about if he should let the cursed kid die right here and now. Why was he so kind? Didn't he know just how many people he'd killed when the beast took over?

"Please don't over think it," Hikyuu said as he was laid down on the floor again. "Just place a thick pile of gauze over it and tape it down. Any wrapping won't work... Heck, tape probably won't last. There is a reason I remove all my clothes before I change at night. It's not something magical where the clothes temporarily disappear when I'm in beast for and reappear when I turn human again. I've torn way too many clothes wearing them when I changed...." He really should try to save his energy...

Any wrapping tight enough to apply any real pressure would probably rip right off when he transformed and any tap may just be pushed away by the fur. Who knows. It wasn't like the prince could just sit here and re-bandage it when the sun went down... the beast certainly wouldn't allow that.... Though, that also meant they had to get out and away from this house because based on the claw marks in the dirt, it didn't seem like the creature could even come close. Still, he was fully aware that the beast didn't go into homes.

Guest Eornostlice

Phillip clicked his tongue, not insisting on wrapping the wound properly anymore. What the boy said made a lot of sense. If it came undone as soon as he turned into the beast, everything had been useless. He had his own plan concerning the creature, but did not share it nor did he rely on it as the chances of success were low. He would actually try to negotiate with it. It sounded stupid even in his mind.

But he could not let the idea go. It was possible that it would work. It was simply repaying the favor, sparing its life as it had spared his. He was not sure why it did such thing, given that it cruelly murdered so many people before, but he was set on finding out. Maybe only to settle his own confusion and curiosity, but he would do it.

"Stop talking and save some of your energy. Perhaps you should lay down." He instructed simply, taking the young man's advice and carefully taping down some gauze, well enough so it would not come undone. Perhaps he would need to change the gauze before the sun even went down, the blood was a bit too much. "If you make it until tomorrow, you need to be prepared. I will not allow you to live here much longer. You will be coming with me to the palace and I will find a way to deal with the beast."

Hikyuu was already laying on the ground so he didn't bother trying to move anywhere. He let Phillip have the couch as his leg was injured and it was best that he remained seated in a chair of sorts. Besides, it was one of the only surfaces not covered in a thick layer of dust. He was also gentle enough to finish taping up the wound before returning to his seat and the two then went about waiting in silence.

Why would Phillip take him to the palace without killing him? Sure, he wouldn't be able to kill any more villagers but wasn't it more dangerous to have him in the palace where he could kill the king or be killed by the king? The male closed his eyes and started to dose off as he thought about what it would be like at the palace. Would he be locked up for good or would he be able to move around during the day? Wasn't it several days from here to the kingdom? How were they going to transport him? The prince may have been spared once but what would happen come tonight? What about the guards? they had no way of defending themselves against such a creature.

Hikyuu managed to wake up just as the golden light began to spill in from the open door. The male forced himself off the ground without giving the prince any warning. Hikyuu took off his scarf as well as his pants and underwear, as well as his boots. He made sure he was naked and got up, limping out of the house, forcing himself forwards and away from the building. There was no way the human had the strength to get to the tree he usually transformed at so he managed to make it as far as the claw marks in the ground before collapsing again and waiting to transform.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eornostlice

The prince did not pointlessly insist on having the boy use the couch as well but took the gesture to heart. The human part of the boy was not a danger. It was his final conclusion on the entire matter. How would he ever make a good king if he could not save an innocent even after finding out about the curse? Sure, sacrifices were important for the sake of many but was the sacrifice of someone that could not even control their own body due to misfortune be considered a good thing? His personal believes were telling him not.

It seemed that Phillip was way more exhausted than he initially thought, dozing off while waiting in silence. The sleepless nights did take a toll on his body, leaving dark circles under his eyes, but he was way too focused on his mission to even notice until he was at the point lf collapse.

Green eyes opened suddenly at the sound of moment, and he watched the young man run out, his clothes discarded. He did not immediatelly follow out, picking up the garments and folding them properly, placing them on the couch where he was previously sitting. So it was time. Only then did he walk out, purposedly going away from the house, remaining past the claw marks on the ground, in the danger area.

The brunette was rather curious as to what the transformation looked like.

The transformation, as always, looked incredibly painful. His bone structure changed and shifted, his face elongating, spine growing outwardly into a tail and his fingers retracting, hands expanding, claws extending. The fur also grew and sprouted out of his body covering him as his body finished the transformation and the beast laid on the ground immobile. The creature was injured and just as Hikyuu had predicted, the fur pushed the tape up and it fell to the ground beside him.

The moon wasn't hitting him from where he was, hidden in the shadow of a tree so the wound just started to bleed more. Weak, the creature moved, everything in pain but being ignored. The beast rose to its feet, shifted into the moonlight and collapsed again. It wasn't a full moon but there was enough to help work on healing. It was much slower now as the creature remained on the ground this time. Every now and then it would let out a groan or a grunt of sorts from the pain and the thought of dying but other than that, the beast didn't move.

Should Phillip have a large cage, now would have been a good time to move the beast. It didn't even have the energy to really snap, even at an injured target. The beast grew really hungry real fast since Hikyuu hadn't had much and now the beast was in full form and wanted food. A human was the easy way to go but no human was out at the moment. It could go for a deer but they were fast and strong. If the beast was in a slightly better condition, then yes but for now it could barely move from blood loss and pain.

Guest Eornostlice

The prince stayed still and watched for a time, being obviously either unnoticed or simply ignored by the creature. No wonder as the monster has itself to deal with at the moment, the wound and bleeding surely not something all that easy to cope with. If it was the previous night, this would have been the best opportunity to slay the creature, with it being at its weakest.

But it wasn't the previous night. Phillip strolled in plain view, his sword still sheated with no sign of him being about to pull it out. His leg and arm were injuried, true but the beast's condition at the moment was way worse than his own and he had confidence in his skills. He did not wish to kill the creature but the creature itself did not know it.

The brunette seated himself on the ground only a dozen meters away from the beast, his eyes serious, staring straight ahead. "I have come to know your secret." He spoke casually, not attempting to move, curiosity as to how much the beast was aware of what happened in its human form filling his mind. "Who would have thought that you are in fact human."

The beast lifted its ears to the sound of the prince sitting himself a good distance away from the creature. The reaction time was slowed considerably as the beast lift its head and turned to face the prince. It growl loudly at seeing him but it took effort just to get into a position to try and get up. The animal struggled with all of its energy to shift positions and let out a yelp of agony as it pinched something and a good amount of blood spurt out the wound in its back. The beast collapsed to the ground again unable to move this time.

Clearly the beast didn't like that his enemy knew his secret. It hissed in a cat-like way before attempting to get to its feet again. The beast managed to get up and stepped forward a couple wobbly steps in an attempt to get closer and attack the prince. It was like the beast knew it was going to die from this wound and wanted to take Phillip with it. However, when it managed to get close, ignoring the barriers of the hut, it collapsed again right in front of the prince.

The beast panted heavily too weak to do anything else. It had lost so much blood... There was a rather nasty trail from the few steps it took. Damn... He knew he needed to gather his strength so it could hunt and get itself something to eat. The beast just laid there on the ground less than a foot from the prince thinking about how it needed to heal and hunt or it would die... Heck, it was probably going to die here anyway.

Guest Eornostlice

"You are in a terrible state." His voice was unamused and he did not even flinch as the creature dragged itself in front of him. If he truly wanted to kill the beast, all he would need to do would be pulling the sword out of its sheath and chopping its head off. "Much like a cat trampled on by horses. You will die you know?"

It was then that Phillip got up, patting the dust off from his clothes, his expression looking somewhat uninterested. "I know you can understand me so listen up." He was mostly sure that the creature could understand him at least. Otherwise, he was basically talking to himself like a mad man.

"You have spared my life once, so I will spare yours. You and I will form a contract." His left hand was fidding with the sword's handle absentmindedly. "I will stop the bleeding and help you hunt. Deer. I will see it so that you survive. If I wanted to kill you, I would have already done so by cutting your head off while you were still in human form. He can put up a fight probably but for the sake of the village, that boy would allow himself to be killed. So you have no choice but to trust my word. If you try anything funny, right now my situation is better than yours so I am confident I can chop your head off."

The way he was talking was as if he was sure that just like the boy, the creature had no memory of his human version. He was not sure, so that seemed the best way to test it. "Someone other than me also knows your secret. If I go missing, you will be killed during the day." That was also a lie.

A smile crossed his lips. "All you need to do is come with me willingly. I will guarantee your safety and your food. Whin once or something if you agree. Try something funny or stay quiet if you want to die." Finally the sword wad unsheated.

The beast huffed and snorted irritably at the prince speaking. It really didn't want to deal with him anymore. Why would the creature need to be told by a human that it was going to die? It could tell the injury was worse than one would think and the transformation did nothing to fix the problem. The beast didn't need to be listening to it from Phillip on just how bad it was... So of course, he was naturally irritated.

When the Prince got off the ground, the beast tried to follow suit but was unable to even move his body enough to get his legs under himself. He was at least able to keep his head up... for now. Knowing english was good because the prince clearly wanted to talk and did so. It seemed he was also aware of the beast's understanding for the language as he spoke normally and went on to say that he would save the beast if he made a contract with him. Why should he though? To form a contract? It would mean the beast would be giving up a huge portion of himself to a human!! The creature he considered prey as they had tried to kill him so many times. Why was that alright?

The beast's anger grew as the sword was touched. Not only did the prince have the gall to demand a contract in order to save the creature, but now he was even looking to threaten to kill him right away? How dare he. The beast let out a growl to show his displeasure. The beast was not about to completely relinquish its pride to whine and beg for mercy. Not at the threat of a sword. The creature remained on the ground but it looked completely vicious. It wanted to kill so badly now... Why did it let this man walk free? The beast let out a deep growl and motioned for Phillip to throw the sword aside. It was one thing to agree to go with him but if the prince actually wanted a contract then he would have to do something in return and that was never raise that sword against the beast again.

For now, they were left at a stalemate.

Guest Eornostlice

The prince's eyes shone with a strange light as he definitely understood the message, simultaneously having his suspicion confirmed. If the beast had even half of its daytime memories, it would have known that Phillip was lying- he has spend his entire day with the boy, not leaving his side even once after understanding the monster's nature. Even when he ran to the village, the brunette had waited inside the house, alone. Telling anyone else about the entire curse would have been virtually impossible.

So the creature simply did not know about everything that happened. Most likely it did not even know how that wound came to be.

"I cannot throw the sword. It is my only weapon to help you hunt. The sleeping powder is something that works only on you. You are not the first of your kind as my entire bloodline is one of beast slayers." Instead of throwing it, he switched hands, pointing it towards himself. "However I have something that is more important than my life. Honor. I swear to you that if you enter a contract with me, I will never again point the blade at you, nor will anyone else ever come in its possession. May I try to do that, as the Estaal Kingdom's crown prince and in the future, king, I shall allow myself to be devored by you. This is a blood oath." With his dominant hand, his left, he grabbed onto the sharp edge, allowing the blade to cut his skin woth blood gushing out. The prince did hiss in pain a little, his hand becoming a bloody mess before the sword was finay sheated once more. It was a deep wound, the kind that would leave a scar. A ruler with a scar in his palm represented a king that had taken an oath upon himself, their right at the throne, along with their life depending on them fulfilling it.

It seemed like a fair exchange, putting his life on the line, along with the rick of bringing shame to the entire royal family. Perhaps he was reckless but that was his path.

"If you have nothing else to growl at, I will go inside and bring the first aid kid for both of us." Decisiveness, fairness and sacrifice. That seemed just about right in the prince's eyes. Was he to fail on it, in his eyes he did not deserve the crown, even if he succeded on killing the creature.

The creature listened closely to the terms of the contract; it sounded like a fair deal. Entering into the contract at this moment would be a smart idea, then that sword would never be allowed to be pointed at him or he would kill the prince, no matter who it was that took up the blade. The beast added into the contract that he wouldn't be allowed to attack the prince unless his end of the contract was broken or the prince would be allowed to kill the beast as well. It was a fair deal and the creature only wished he could have said something but incapable of human speech, he just lifted his head as the prince cut his own hand and motioned for Phillip to put that bloody hand upon his head. As a magical beast, the creature knew how and could enter a contract though this would be the first time any had done so.

As if a voice could be heard within the prince's head, it said that the prince would be held to the contract and told the full rules. Though, it was a voice that couldn't really be heard so it would be strange but the information just seemed to be there in his head now. A black mark, something like a tattoo formed on his left hand and wrist and a large black cuff appeared on the left front leg of the beast. The tattoo stood bright for about five minutes before disappearing completely but it was still there, hidden and a sign of the contract. The cuff the beast wore remained.

After the contract had been formed, the beast collapsed completely again nearly unconscious this time leaving Phillip to his own accord. The creature panted and whimpered with the little strength it had. Phillip would have to hurry and get the first aid kit or the beast was going to bleed to death. It used most of its small amount of energy to form that contract and now it couldn't even heal itself at all.

In time the creature found itself waking up a few hours later, it was still a while from sun rise but it was awake again. The beast had gathered some strength from the moonlight as it touched him and it looked back to find its back bandaged up and then turned to see if the prince had retrieved some food.