• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mangotango

• Rikimaru

• STARRK

I had a friend who was interested in japanese music, especially in Moi dix mois and Malice Mizer so... I've started to listen to that too... and soon I've realised that j rock is cool;)

The first time I got interested in japanese music was after I played final fantasy x-2. I liked "real emotion" in english, and when I tryed to look on the internet I found koda kumi! and i hear her songs, and it was amazingly nice... I got some songs of her, and after jpop, I found a japanese boy on hi5 that listenned to Gazette, and then I got addicted to jrock haha I dont remember when that was, but I was young... it was when final fantasy x-2 was released... I dont feel like look for the year and do math right now XD

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty simple, I only liked american rock....my friend said "I found some asian pop bands!" I said "ewww pop,and I dont give two shits about asian music". She forced me to watch dbsk videos,then to read yunjae fanfics. Now Im obsessed and am listening to all kinds of kpop,krock,jpop,and jrock.(not to mention writing fanfics hehehe)

• 3 weeks later...

I actually found it because of anime! :p

love at first sight! or sould i say love at first song... :p after that... my whole mind is filed with asian music... *day dreaming*

I actually discovered it when assigned a music project in my 12th grade Humanities course. Everyone was assigned a genre of music, and I was chosen for 'oriental' music. Best A I ever got. XD

• 1 month later...

Well, scrolling down all the anime shows with epic theme-songs, I wasn't really looking it further up. It only started for about a half year ?... First randomly found a girlband called 2ne1.. I totally cried bricks when those epic tunes flew out my stereo! I digged abit deeper, and there you go, they where with a group of something called "Family." In that group where several artist groups.. Such as Bigbang ! Those guys make me drool -,-.... not to mention that there music is fabulous.

*is so buzzeh googleing the bands whom are named in this post :3* Huzzah!

Well I remember I was 10-11 and I was searching the web.I found a GIF image of Atsushi Sakurai ,I got curious who's that handsome man.When I found out his name I searched his music on youtube and I saw other bands as recommended and so..and so..so here am I now,addicted to asian music,esp. jrock ;D

Now I wonder why didn't I searched the animes openings (O-O)?

• 2 months later...

through anime openings and endings.

xD

i thought the music was very i don't know- x'D i just really liked a lot.

ouo

xDi can't explain it-

;w;

• 2 weeks later...

A tv channel in my country starts 3 years ago to air korean dramas. That's how I started to love east asian culture.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To me it was thanks to anime openings, but then I just became interesting in Japanese music (Jrock) in general since I stopped watching anime (but I still read manga like crazy).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I found it also because of anime ^.^ I think the first Opening that really got me into was the first from Darker Than Black -> Howling from abingdon boys school :o

But then I got interested in other J-rock bands, too and started listening to them

• Like 1

The first song I listened to and downloaded was Ringo Mojire Beam, by Ootachi Kenji (I think that is how you spell it.)

A friend linked it to me and I fell in love with J-rock/pop/etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I first discovered japanese music when I was reading an old issue of Bravo! in which they had an article on Visual Kei (Although I started to listen to them last year... I'm now regretting not looking for them earlier...).

I also remember what got me into HK pop, Jackie Chan's "Story of a Hero". Youtube's suggestions did the rest.

Like a lot of you have mentioned, probably through anime. I think the first time I remember wanting to find out more was when I watched Gundam Wing (bwaha! Classic.) ;-; But, I think the first time I remember being struck by the mood of the music was when I watched Cowboy Bebop. I never even cared for the jazz sound until that point. Then, without even noticing it, I even recall falling in love and immediately seeking out "Sora wo torimodoshita hi" which of course rolled nicely into the hip-hop sounds of the soundtrack for Samurai Champloo. *___*

Ever since then, I've pretty much stuck with openings and ending to a lot of anime, but I do find traditional Japanese music really soothing and sometimes haunting (for me, it would have to be the shakuhachi).

• Like 1