Failed miracles (Private)

ZX-MetalMonster

Born as the successor of a prominent family of magic users, Kenton Enns had the fortune of both inheriting great power and being taught by the best teachers money can by from a young age. Shouldering a burden much greater than either of his two younger siblings he never made bonds outside of his family and received praise from his parents only when achieving extraordinary things. Having been brought up in this matter, never knowing genuine love from his parents and hated by his siblings for getting the best of everything, Kenton grew into a cold and unpleasant man who has trouble creating a relationship with any living thing and at times grows violent.

However despite his heritage and the talent he was favoured for as a child it became apparent as Kenton grew that he was more fond of magic that is forbidden to him and this would prove to be his downfall as he lost all respect of both his family and colleagues after the first of his extreme experiments went south. With little left in life besides money and the desperate need to prove himself, he lives alone in a large house that has become more like the laboratory of a mad scientist than a home after his many experiments. Now in his thirties and after years of living in isolation Kenton has no faith in his powers that have failed him many times and often looses sight of what it is he wants to achieve.

Kenton had always been considered an attractive man by his peers, however with no charm he often came across as a cold, unaffectionate person and never found someone willing to be in a relationship with him. Now despite his age, his soft features still seem youthful and quite handsome, though his brown eyes have grown tired and empty after many sleepless night and projects that went up in smoke. Too afraid of becoming a complete disgrace to his name, he makes sure to look presentable despite not having even neighbours who could judge him on his appearance. His dark hair is kept short though he resorts to cutting it himself as he dislikes having another person's hands on him and his clothes are fresh and neat each day except when he falls into depression and sits at his work desk for many nights bothered by insomnia. He is a tall man of strong build and pale complexion that is made worse by his tendency to stay indoor. A permanent feature on his body are bandages covered in hundreds of carefully written symbols that he most often wears wrapped around his hands.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZX-MetalMonster

• TheMandax

Kenton Enns's slave was brought to life by one of the twisted wizard's experiments. Kenton did not took the time to give a name to his creation because it is nothing else than a failure. However the man kept it to do all the domestic work, he kept it to be his slave.

The creature has not been through a lot, it is only few months old. During these months it did the domestic work of a wizard named Kenton Enns. The man have not been very nice with his creation, which is why it feels sad and unwanted. Even if the creature must work for a man who hates him, it keep smiling, it is always smiling. In fact, the slave is trying to cheer up his master in the wish of getting some attention.

The wizard consider his slave like a failure because he did not meant to create something like this, but if you look at it closely the creature is pretty cute. It looks like a delicate boy with long brown hair, a cute little face, a perfect smile and gorgeous purple eyes. The only things that could difference this creation to a normal human would be his short fluffy tail and his tiny deer's horn

With the delicate scribbles on his bandages emitting a soft, blue light, Kenton clasped his hands together and lifted them from the wooden table, the gesture causing a orb of liquid to rise from the large glass container where he'd mixed ingredients. He moved his limbs carefully while he softly muttered the words of the spell, mindful of what a loose grip he had on the liquid with the magic he'd chosen to perform and how easily he could make a mistake and spill everything. As he separated his hands and increased the distance between his palms the fluid seemed to shift wildly in the air for a brief moment but then spread out into the shape of a star as Kenton wished. The wizard couldn't relax yet however as he was still uncertain if anything would come out of this experiment, it was after all the third time this morning that he was attempting to perform the same magic.

As he began to move his fingers ever so slightly, the shape of the fluid changed in subtle ways under the influence of invisible forces and gradually started to resemble a miniature human. Only one small mistake was necessary to ruin it all though and when Kenton moved one of his hands too suddenly the impressive shape he'd constructed shivered and started to break apart until it finally fell on to the desk beneath, knocking over and breaking one of the glass beakers there. The wooden surface was left wet and sticky from the spilled fluid but also covered in large, sharp shards of glass, though in his anger at another failed experiment the wizard didn't take note of this. Shouting angrily he slammed his fists down on the table and leaned on his hands, ignoring the resulting pain as the broken glass cut into his skin. Standing like this for a long moment with his body tense and eyes closed shut he made an effort to calm himself and decided to raise his now injured hands only because he remembered his blood and the liquid might ruin the bandages and force him to create new ones, which would take away much of his time.

Kenton quickly unwrapped the long white strips of fabric from his arms and placed them on what free space existed on a nearby shelf that contained countless books. He seated himself on a chair and grimaced while examining the cuts that needed to be clean and were beginning to sting with increasing intensity.

A big noise woke up the creature, he slowly opened his eyes and saw that he was lying on a table full of glass shards, he quickly jumped on the floor to avoid getting cut. Unfortunately, he already had a some. After a few seconds he was not scared anymore, just really desoriented. When he looked around him he saw someone, the person was sitting on a chair and looking at his injured hands. When he was about to ask the man where he was, he noticed the angry look on his face and decided not to talk letting nothing else than a gasp breaking the silence.

Alike a man hypnotized, Kenton watched his hands as they bled and frowned bitterly at the cuts, submerged in anger and a heavy sorrow to the point that he didn't remove the intrusive shards of glass still embedded in his skin or hurry to press clean cloth to the newly formed wounds. Soon his hands started to tremble from the pain and teeth grit but his features rearranged and rather than agony showed surprise when he took note of the humanoid figure that moved off of the table. Only now it occurred to him that unlike the previous few times something had come of his failed experiment, however it took him no more than a short second of studying the other male to take note of his unnatural features, the color of his eyes and the antlers on top of his head which gave away that the spell hadn't been completed.

Standing up with a grunt, Kenton reached for a towel he'd brought to his laboratory before he'd started the experiment. After he'd mixed the ingredients and had them spill on the table or the floor repeatedly he'd realized he might need something with which to wipe the mess away, though now the towel would be used to lessen the bleeding from the more serious of his injuries. As he pressed the rigid, rough fabric to his palm a sharp hiss escaped through his teeth but he paid the pain no attention and approached the newly formed creature.

-"Can you speak?" Kenton question harshly, his gaze showing neither concern nor any doze of warmth towards the smaller male.

When the wizard asked if he was able to speak, the creature panicked, his cheeks became red and all kind of question came into his mind. The boy had no idea what he was supposed to say, he did not even knew if he could talk, but when he saw the cold look the wizard gave him the creature quickly answered " Yes ! NO ! I mean, i don't know ! " Finding out that he had the ability to talk he hurried himself to ask all the question he could before the man had a chance to stop him: "Where are we? Who are you ? No! Who am I ? Why am i here ? Why are we injured !" Then the boy stopped talking, he was breathing fastly, it was not hard to tell that he was panicked by this situation. After taking a deep breath he looked up at the man, his supplicant eyes drowning in tears, waiting for the wizards to say something.

Having returned his gaze to his hand to study the nature of the cut that caused him the most suffering, Kenton's interest in the other male dwindled after he'd heard him speak without effort. It was some comfort to know that the abnormal creature that had come of his failed experiment was at least not so severely damaged that he would have to treat it as an animal. Many different things could result from the failure of a spell like the one he'd been casting, even beings so badly deformed that it would only be merciful to kill them.

-"I am Kenton Enns and this... it is my work place." The wizard explained and only now glanced at the smaller man again but only for a fraction of a second and with an expression so unpleasant it would had been better for the newly formed being to never have caught a glimpse of it. Kenton spared the time to answer any of the other male's questions only out of a sense of obligation towards him, it was tedious to explain the mistake he'd just made to the unwanted result of that same error, especially considering how the small man would have known all of this by instinct of he'd come out right.

-"You are nobody... the side effect of my failed experiment and we were both injured in the accident that created you..." Kenton didn't bother to be gentle or choose words that would make the reality of what had happened more easily acceptable to the being he'd created, he didn't even acknowledge the tears that formed in the other man's eyes.

-"Are you badly hurt... in great pain? ...I don't want you to bleed to death in the place where I live..." The wizard questioned harshly and a grimace appeared on his face as he spoke.

• 2 weeks later...

"You are nobody..." Those words hit the boy like nothing else would have, his existence was nothing else than a "failure".

-" What will happen to me now?" thought the boy. " Is Kenton going to abandoned me ? Or... Kill me?" He took a deep breathe, " For this man i am nothing else than a failed experiment and he have no reason to take care of me, I must find a way to be usefull for him, and fast ! "

-"Are you badly hurt... in great pain? ...I don't want you to bleed to death in the place where I live ..."

-" Ho no ! He is asking me a question... I need to choose my words carefully"

With no more time to think the boy quickly replied: " N.. No Miste... I mean Master ! Only a few cuts... " The creature looked at the wizard but avoid looking at him in the eyes: "Ar.. Are you hurt... Master ?

It was fortunate for the newly formed creature that he'd come to understand how important it was for his survival to reply quickly and carefully to the wizard because Kenton had already started to grow impatient, partially because of the pain his wounds were causing him. However Kenton's bitter grimace faded and was replace with surprise at his experiment's decision to call him master.

-"Yes... I've cut myself on the glass..." He frowned as he glanced down to the towel wrapped around his hand that was already becoming red, soaked in his blood, but his voice seemed gentler and more quiet then it had been before.

-"I have supplies to treat the wounds in the bathroom... follow me." Kenton commanded, assuming the other man wouldn't protest having his own cuts cleaned and dressed, and then turned from his experiment and rushed out of his laboratory. For now he wasn't concerned with the occasional drop of blood that would slide from his hand and speckle the floor, what worried him more was that it seemed he would have to stitch the cut that was bleeding most intensely. Once in the bathroom, he let go of his hand so to open a cabinet and begin collecting what he needed, though he pressed his hand against his chest to keep the towel wrapped around it in place.

While following Kenton to the bathroom the boy suddenly realised he was completely naked. The creature was embarassed to walk naked but he decided to treat his wounds before asking his master for cloth. In the bathroom, the wizard opened a cabinet, took some supplies and pressed his hand against his chest. At the same time the boy tried to have a look at his cuts to see how big they were but he could not, most of his cuts were on his back.

" I'll have to rely on this men to help me with those cuts, maybe i can help him back ? But if i do... He will be looking at me... " Finally, he decided to be brave and with a small voice he said: " Do you need help master ? B.. But please don't look at me ! "

With only one hand available Kenton fumbled with the bottle of alcohol, the bandages and string he'd taken from the cabinet and quickly grew annoyed with the other man for not being useful, though the creature offered him his help in a matter of minutes after they'd entered the bathroom. The request not to be watched also triggered Kenton to frown at his experiment and rather than keep his gaze from the small male as he was asked to he glanced at him with a harsh look.

-"Don't be ridiculous... I'm not going to force myself to look to the side because you're being shy... We're both hurt, it's not a good moment for fooling around." The wizard stated and his tone made it clear he didn't want to hear anything more on the topic.

Returning his attention to his wounded hand, Kenton made a grimace at the sight of the deep cut and the amount of bloody that had gathered on the towel, he was aware the injury would have to be stitched and prepared materials for that though the idea of having to pull string through his skin made his uncomfortable. This wasn't the first time he'd decided to treat himself rather than seek help from a doctor but he disliked the process despite it.

-"You said your cut's aren't as bad... let me see them." Kenton commanded though between the words he hissed while cleaning his injury. He wouldn't turn down the offer to receive help from the other man however he proffered to make sure the creature wasn't in danger rather than have things complicate later on.

After Kenton's reply about his request the boy did not talked and tried not to annoy him anymore even if being naked in front of the wizard was uncomfortable. The creature did not helped Kenton with the alcohol and bandages, after the look the wizard gave him he did not wanted to be notice.

The boy felt bad about the other man's hand, after all he was injured by his fault ! He promised to himself to do something nice for the wizard as soon as possible.

The creature turn himself to show his back to his master as he asked. The boy's back was full of blood but there was no cuts, only some small scares.

" His my back badly injured ? " asked the boy.

Kenton waited for a long moment for the younger man to lend him a hand before reluctantly picking up the needle and thread to deal with the wound on his own, aware that he wouldn't receive any help. He made sure to pay close attention to what he was attempting to accomplish with his wound however he wondered if his creation was punishing him by forcing him to treat his injuries on his own.

Unable to do anything properly with just his left hand and knowing he would take long and lose much blood if he continued as he'd started Kenton cast a spell to speed up the process and soon enough his injury was carefully bandaged.

-"No... but you better clean the cuts even though they aren't deep." The wizard commented while his gaze moved along the creature's back and after a moment he pressed a cloth to his skin, rubbing lightly to remove the blood that had by then covered the small male.

-'Does it hurt...?" He asked quietly though he was curious if any glass was left in the boys wounds and not concerned if he was touching him too harshly.

• 2 weeks later...

- " does it hurt ... ? "

The boy quickly replied " It.. It's painfull master, it's burning."

During the process the creature's fists were squeezing his thighs to avoid crying, at the same time he whispered: " If I don't cry master will be happy , If I don't cry master will be happy , If I don't cry master will be happy " .

• 2 weeks later...

Despite his creation's complaint Kenton wasn't willing to treat the being more gently while he cleaned the cuts on his back that were the result of his own failure. He didn't feel any joy at knowing that he was causing the boy pain, however he was still frustrated and in a hurry to return to his work or rest if his injured hand turned out to be too much of a nuisance. It was his creation's hushed whispers that he had to strain his ears to understand that convinced him to do something to make the creature more comfortable. With a quiet incantation he moved his fingers along the boy's back and cast a spell to lessen his pain.

-"Is that any better?" Even after having put in the effort to ensure the other man would feel better the wizard sounded unconcerned for him when asking if his spell had any effect. Without waiting for an answer, he finished cleaning the numerous cuts and then placed bandages over them, hoping that would stop them from bleeding much more.