A Crooked Chase (18+, Private, SapphireD910 & rarcoryn)

SapphireD910

As if he had read his mind, Trip had stepped into the shower behind Bradley, offering exactly what he had considered only moment earlier. He was tempted. He wanted to. But he didn’t have the time. Facing Trip, the two of them were a little cramped in the shower but he didn’t complain as he took both of their cocks in his fist, slowly pumping them in a teasing stroking motion.

“I’ve got to be in the office early for a briefing,” he said, eyes locked on Trip’s as his continued his stroking. “How about we meet at the bar tonight?” he offered as he increased the rhythm in his stroking, almost panting himself. The water made it a bit difficult to keep the pace but he hoped his teasing would be encouraging enough.

It wasn’t that he didn’t like Trip. It was very much the opposite. If he didn’t have to leave, he’d happily be facing the wall, backing himself back up on the man again, having the younger man pound into him like he begged him to the other night. But as a detective and a highly respected member of the force, he sadly couldn’t let this handsome young man with his piercing green eyes distract him from his duty, no matter how much his cock ached for further attention. But one more kiss wouldn’t be any harm. He removed his hands from around both of their arousals and he pressed himself against the firm wet body of the other male, his hands running up the side of Trip’s toned body while another slipped around the back of his head through the lathered hair. He tasted little amounts of the scent shampoo but it didn’t deter him from tasting the other’s tongue against his.

-

Bradley was running a bit late. Not late to missing anything but later than he had hoped to be running. He made his way into the station and headed straight for the changing rooms. He was conscious he was still wearing the same clothes from the night before. However, he always made sure he had a spare set of clothes at the station just in case he ever needed to change and he’d arrange to take the other set to a dry cleaner, eliminating the need to drag clothing around with him. Part of him had that boyish nature where he wanted to keep the same shirt as if he could still smell the scent of his handsome bed partner for the night before on the fabric but he quickly dismissed the notion and changed in fresh clothing.

“Good, you’re here.” As Bradley exited the changing rooms, the chief has walked passed, catching his eye.

“Thought I’d get here early for the new transfer. Get things sorted in the office.” Bradley responded as he ran a hand through his hair, pulling it into his using style.

“Coffee?” the older greying man offered.

“No thanks. Already had one.” Bradley politely declined.

“You are prepared. Well, they should be here in about an hour or so. I’ll shout you when they arrives.”

“Sure thing.”

Making his way up the stairs and to the office, Bradley opened the door into the small space that was assigned to him and any fellow he was working with. The box he had left on the table the previous night which held belongings to Rick had already been removed, the table desk cleared of anything personal to the discharged officer.

“You were a good guy…” he said with a heavy sigh before closing the door and getting to work reviewing any new case files handed in by the night staff. It would pass the time until the new person arrived.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SapphireD910

• rarcoryn

Trip rolled his eyes with a smirk. It didn't hurt to try anyway. But what really annoyed him was that Bradley was being a tease. He'd hinted at sex with what could have been a nice offer to just help each other wash up. He did want to be squeaky clean for the first day. At least keep his peers off his back for a bit and hope that no real bad words were passed along. The older man though was only going halfway into territory that could get him off. If he hadn't suggested meeting up again later and had been enough fun the night before to be a good level of enticing, Trip wasn't sure he would really hold out or let him off with just teasing.

"You didn't strike me as such a tease last night," he said with a light chuckle. His voice was breaking into a heavy pant between the feeling of Brad's hands and the suds that were sliding over his body. "I'll definitely use another drink. Either in celebration or defeat." Before he knew it the other man was capturing him in another kiss, indulging in the taste he found in the other's mouth. "Just be warned, this," he indicated to the way Brad's hands were stroking both her cocks, and the way that kiss only furthered his arousal, "will have me worked up and probably a little surly by this evening."

-

Trip was forced out his thoughts as he had to focus on driving his bike the short distance to his new workplace. Still coming to a stop outside the tall imposing building he drifted to memories of the shower and the other man trying to gather his clothes scattered all over the room. It was just as entertaining as I'd hoped, he snickered to himself. He basked in the idea that he might get to embarrass him further and admire the way his body moved darting all over the room.

As he ascended the steps he noticed the looks that he received. He resisted the urge to flip them each off. Sure his black jeans, grey tank, hair slicked back, and leather didn't do much for appearances other than "thug." But it was his style until he had a uniform, and he didn't need stuck up shits as future co-workers. He thought about taping the shield to his forehead just to prove them all asses. Surprised some guy wasn't trying to cuff him. Hmm... wonder if I get cuffs my first day?

He stepped up to the receptionist desk, as tempting as it was to explore, he knew he'd get grief as he was trying to get a layout of the new workplace. "Jones... transfer... need my assignment."

"Wait... what? Parole assignments aren't done here. You need to go down a few blocks..."

"Ugh... no. I'm an officer. Jones. Transferred. I'm expected." The receptionist made a quizical look and made a whispered call. Trip gave a look to promise future hell and received his directions on where to go. "Yeah... thanks," he nearly spat. Did he really look that bad? He laughed at himself, he knew he looked like a trouble maker compared to a lot of others who took up the badge. He couldn't deny that he sometimes fit his appearances too.

Apparently the guy awaiting a new partner was promptly here awaiting his arrival. The last guy Trip worked with was an uptight ass and a hypocrite, it was best he move on than try to keep trying to make it work. He reached the door that he'd been directed to and with a blunt knock turned the knob and walked in.

"Promise I'm not holding up the place. Officer Jones, please to mee..." He froze in the doorway once the open door revealed the office and the occupant... Bradley?! He pulled the door back closed and opened again, but the man was still there and still the same. The man he'd just that morning made coffee and had his cock teased by. He could feel a twitch in his gut similar to excitement, but his mind was a little more hesitant to the situation.

The familiar voice call his name brought him out of the paper work he had buried himself in as he looked up to see Trip. He must have looked as gobsmacked as the other guy did; Trip had exited the room, pulling the door closed and opening it again as if he couldn’t believe his own eyes.

“Trip, what are-”

Before he could finish the sentence, the chief of the department approached the small office from behind Trip, showing in the door way.

“Going to head on in son?” he asked the new officer as he looked over to Bradley. “I see you two have met. Brad, this is your new partner. He’s a transfer officer. I’ll let him fill you in on the details.” The older officer waved a folder in the air from where he stood, still blocked by his new officer. “Here’s all the transfer paper from the last department. I thought it is better for you to go over them since you’re going to be working with him.” He threw them towards the desk where it slid across the other papers. “I’ll give you two an hour to get acquainted then I want you in briefing room 2 to discuss your assignments.” With that he walked away, giving Bradley the chance to rethink his next question.

“You’re the new guy?” The question was redundant but he didn’t know what else to say at that point. From the moment Trip stepped in the office door to the chief throwing over the paper work, all he could think about was that the new guy was the same guy whom he had slept with the night before. He found himself blushing suddenly with the thought that his new partner already knew him on an intimate level.

Trip hadn't really appreciated the chef's sarcastic question. Of course he had to go in it seemed. This is exactly where he was supposed to be. What he wasn't certain of was whether or not the other man was supposed to be here, but when the chef addressed them both naturally and tossed papers Bradley's way he had it confirmed that they were both indeed in the right place.

He couldn't help but snort at his shit luck. But a thought crossed his mind whether or not this was actually a bad thing. He'd always wanted a partner whose ass was more than worth covering after all. He walked up to the table and shot a rather reserved expression as the chef left them to dive into it. He eyed the file on the table with his info. He'd really prefer to be sure what was in there before Bradley got a look. He'd never been much favored among his peers, didn't make him a bad officer necessarily.

"Guess I am the new guy, partner," his eyes started traveling over Bradley's body without shame. "I should have picked up on you being an officer sooner." Trip pulled up a chair across from the older man and slumped into the seat, in an odd way showing off the length of his lean body, especially through the tight clothes. "Even when I wear a badge people never believe I'm one. But you do have that certain thing about you. Though you should really consider keeping a set of cuffs handy off duty." He gave a cocky wink and grabbed the file, taking a peek inside before sitting his elbow on it nonchalantly. "So, what do you need to know about me," he smirked almost evilly, "that you haven't already learned first hand?"

'Jackass,' he thought as he smirked, but it didn't last long as he continued to flick through the papers in front of him. For Bradley, this was his job, his work. So his playtime was over and now it was down to serious business.

"Without looking at the folder I assume you've done detective work before," he spoke, not looking up from his task, disregarding Trip's musings. "Have the training, the knowledge, the licence and such," he added as he lifted the papers and out them to one side, finally making eye contact with Trip. The man looked just as he did only a few hours ago albeit with more clothes on. His mind instantly tried to wander and strip the clothing from his new partner's body but he quickly dismissed that thought. This was no time for day dreaming and fantasizing.

“Look, the file is just process. Whatever work you done at your previous post is done. This is your post now. As long as you can do your job and follow orders, that’s enough for me.” Bradley got up from the desk, putting the papers in a drawer and he tugged at the folder that Trip was leaning on to let it go so he could put it in the drawer as well and lock it away. “We’ve got a briefing to get to. And I would assume for the next week or so I’ve got to sign out all your equipment until your on the system and all the relevant checks have been done.”

All Trip could think was how much he oddly liked Bradley's firm approach to him staying on point despite everything else they could be distracted by in this moment. Trip was more accustomed to a more serious approach in the field rather than over paperwork. "Of course, almost half my career. Mixed with some undercover work." He answered to his work history with a smug grin, realizing how that could be taken the wrong way. "Not a pun, honest." He laughed a bit. "They haven't taken or suspended any of them yet." He responded to the license question, getting the sense they were more rhetoric. It was tempting to try and get Brad to loosen up. He hadn't missed the way the other man had returned his look.

"Yes sir," he said with a smile as Bradley tugged the file away. "Honestly the only other thing you might learn from that file other than basic work experience is that a lot of my peers thought I was a prick and a bit of a hard ass." He snickered again, realizing how his words were annoyingly working against him right now. Maybe it had something to do with being around the other man. Thinking about it more, he didn't care about people disliking him, what he hated was that he was very dedicated at the end of the day, but being the prick of the force left him hanging many times and certainly lead to his transfer.

"Anyway, briefing, I'm looking forward already." He stood to follow the other man's lead. "Just hope you're still up to a toast at the bar this evening... between partners." He was sure his playful tone was more than obvious, as his mind was almost daring to reach out and touch Brad's ass as he lead the way, but he refrained. He was honestly just trying to keep it light, because otherwise he'd think too long about what this revelation really meant for them. He'd never really got along with most guys on the force at his last job, but he'd still would have made a point to not get involved with his co-workers, even a security guard or a front desk receptionist could feel too close. But they had already crossed that line, should they just pretend it didn't happen? Trip wasn't sure he could stop seeing those looks, that body, and hear those noises from his memory.

He lined up side by side with Bradley to take away the tempting view of the other man's ass in front of him. The hallway was pretty narrow, only allowing maybe three body widths comfortably. He could tell the passing staff was still looking at him like a criminal, and maybe like Bradley was leading him in for questioning. "So... tell me... you get along with most of the others around here? Anyone I should avoid or mind?" He side-glanced the older man's features, finding even under the annoying florescent lights he was still ruggedly handsome as ever. It made him smirk bitterly. Why did such a catch have to come with a catch?

• 2 weeks later...

Bradley listened to the other man rabble on as they walked towards the designated briefing room. He listened to every word and he thought heavily on them. The night before had been fun. And that was all it was. He had no idea that his bed-mate from the previous night would turn out to be his co-worker the next day. Trip seemed keen on the idea they would hook up that evening; he wasn’t so sure. And before he could say his thoughts, Trip asked a question.

“You don’t want to get on the bad side of the Assistant Chief. Will make your life hell. Cliché but true. Stay away from Neil. He’s got a bad temper to folks prodding around and if you’re not invited, you’re not welcome. Oh, and I’m not sure if you’re into chicks but Mandy is off-limits. Mess with her and you’ll be scrubbing toilets for the rest of your career. Apart from that, everyone else is alright.”

He finished his advice speech as they entered the briefing room which had the Chief and a few other guys from the force, those Bradley recognised to experienced and well trained officers. This was when you knew that there was something going down and the Chief wanted his long-standing and trusted men on the case. Trip may be new but he was Rick’s replacement.

“Just so you know, the Chief has high expectations of you,” Bradley informed the other male standing next to him before he went into the room and took a seat at one of the empty chairs on the far right of the room. It was his usual seat for these meetings and most of the officers in the precinct had come to respect that, the same way that he respected any of their little routines and preferences. He watched Trip from where he sat and watched the men around the room as all eyes fell on the new guy.

Please don’t be a dick on your first day, he thought. Bradley had noticed the glimpses they had got from other staff members and officers in the building as they had made their way to the briefing room. Trip wasn’t exactly dressed as the good side of the law. Put him in a jail cell and he’d look the part. Thought that mage didn’t really help him at that point. Instantly the words “bad boy” flashed in his thoughts and suddenly his head was back to the night before, writhing on the bed with Trip’s cock buried to the hilt inside him. He closed his eyes, rubbing them as his brow furrowed, trying to remove said thoughts. That was last night. Things were different now.

Trip noted the names Bradley gave him, more than a little surprised that the man was so open and able to give him such a response. He wasn't sure that was a positive about the department, but it meant that Bradley wasn't so uptight about his job to not recognize the social politics.

"High expectations, huh? I'd hope so. I take a lot of pride in my abilities to perform." He bit his lip with a smug grin as they entered the room for their briefing. He took note of the other officers, they seemed the standard fare of straight-laced with a little edge to a couple of them.

He rested his chin in his hand, gaze drifting off to one of the walls as his thoughts carried him away. He thought back to the night before with a mix of eagerness for more and a dread that this revelation had killed any chance. He thought about his relationships at his former office and wondered how things would be the same and different here. The people were already looking at him like he remembered. With that thought Trip realized it was happening now as well.

"Hmm? I'm here for the briefing, I'm not lost on my way to booking. Officer Trip Jones, new transfer." He said as casually as possible with a bit of a sigh, though he wanted to punch most of them based on the looks on their faces. "I can assure you, I look just as out of place in the uniform or suit and tie, so I guess my thuggish good looks will just take some getting used to." He said with a halfhearted chuckle. "But I don't know..." he looked over his shoulder to Bradley, "... do I look scarier than I realize maybe?" He shot the older man a slight wink turned away from the others' sight. "I mean you'll have to deal with this mug more than anyone, be honest with me if it's a problem."

Before this line of conversation could go any further the Chief entered the room and everyone took their seats as he stood at the front of the room. "Gentlemen, it appears you've met our new transfer, Officer Jones. A good officer, despite his bad appearances... or so your commander told me. Be dressed as an officer of the law tomorrow Jones."

Trip grimaced. "Yes sir. Just looking for protocol."

"Have a dress shirt?"

"Yes."

"Wear that next time for all I care." This criticism garnered a few chuckles from the other officers which prompted a frown from Trip. He'd remember all their faces. But worst still he felt embarrassed in front of Bradley.

"Yes sir."

"Now, onto business. We have another trafficking ring rising. Drug trafficking. But this isn't old stuff, it's a new drug. It's believed to be potent, we've found a lot of cases of overdoses, some voluntary users, but many appear to be forced the drug and some other crimes have lead to busts where the perps had a bit of this stuff on them, but our labs are still analyzing the samples we have." He paused with a deep sigh, rubbing his brow for a moment, a look of some distress on his face.

"Some have called it 'Scarlet Moon.' We've even heard 'Blood Candy' among the low level thugs. Now you all are probably wondering why exactly I'm calling you, some of my best, in about drug busts. Problem is we and a few neighboring bureaus did a typical raid on a few discovered labs and they were traps, lead to a few dead and many injured. A lot of us feel this may require a little more low key and intensive investigations to get insider access and find sources, may even require eventual deep undercover work." The Chief gave everyone a serious look.

"We may have the newest heroine or meth on our hands, and being that our area seems to be the starting off point for this shit in this country at least, we want to end this before it makes it to our general populations and not just the underbelly." He took another pause, pulling some folders from a briefcase. "I wont ask anyone to take this on, I'm looking for volunteers, given the losses we've seen."

• 2 weeks later...

Bradley gave a hidden smile, turning his head slightly as not to let his new partner see. The chief had already given the new guy a telling off in front of his new team mates. It surprised him to see Trip fall so easily into line to someone in authority, his confident self being beaten down with a matter of words. It was kind of endearing. It was a shame he was going to have to let the man down.

With the mention of business, Bradley turned his attention back to the chief, listening to what the situation was. As he took in the details, he understood the seriousness of the situation, taking not of the distress the older man displayed as he explained what he was after. He had heard of the emergence of a new drug out on the streets. Some officers had spoken about it after some drug busts and interviews even though there was little information on it. Now it seemed there had been some investigations and the revelations had been fatal.

But he wouldn’t let them stop him.

“I’m in,” he said as he stood up, folding his arms over his chest as he stood with confidence. “I agree this needs to be stopped now. We can’t let this drug hit the other cities.” He eyed the rest of the men in team, looking at their hesitant looks at each other. He couldn’t blame them; it wasn’t easy putting your life on the line. This wasn’t an order, it was a request, a request which came with heavy burden and a dangerous proposition.

Looking over his shoulder, Bradley looked over to catch Trip’s eyes, wondering what the other man was thinking. First day on the job. He wasn’t one of the chief’s best men but clear the man had faith in him. There must have been something in that report that had made the chief accept the transfer let alone have him standing in this room. He had to read it at some point.

Trip smiled watching the confident way in which Bradley volunteered. It was admirable. He wasn't so young to not understand the true danger of the situation, but he wasn't so much older to be tired and jaded from this career. He was just right. Something about that made his chest ache just a bit. Why did this have to be so hard?

"I'm with you... partner." His smile was subtle looking over at Brad.

"I'm sure you are Jones," retorted the Chief. "Considering your prior work, I'd question who I actually got if you hadn't been up to the challenge." He gave a stern once over at Trip. "I may have spoken too soon, you may weasel your way in the favor of these people if you maintain that look."

"I know I'm new, but I'd like to point out Chief, that's a form of profiling," Trip gave a smug grin. "Maybe these creeps choose to dress more like Brad here." Trip turned to flash his partner a look that would be deemed inappropriate if anyone else knew more about their situation.

"Jones, knock it off." The Chief almost looked like a scolding parent to Trip in that moment. The way he appeared to only be mildly annoyed from the previous reprimand and was almost letting his snarky attitude go without much note. "You two take up these files, as your peers appear to have opted out on this one for the time being. Jones, don't play dumb. If you're serious this is going to require some of your experience."

Trip's face dropped at that comment, but he said nothing in response as he gathered up the stack of red-well folders from the Chief. "Lets return to our desks then." He motioned for Brad to join him. "I love paperwork, don't you?"

Bradley eyed the rest of the room, the faces looking back at him as he followed Trip out. He caught the chiefs eyes before he left the room, a simple nod to him was all he got. Once out in the hall he picked up one of the folders from Trip’s pile and opened it up, starting to delve into the contents.

“You took quite the beating. Don’t think I’ve seen you look so submissive in the last 18 hours,” he commented, his tone neither serious or casual. His eyes were already scanning in the report he was reading, key words and phrases standing out. He knew that Trip would try and latch onto the comment by now and swing it round to some sort of dirty suggestion followed by a wink. He had to address that. So upon reaching the small office, he let Trip waltz in first before he closed the door behind them.

“We won’t be meeting up this evening.” His words were firm. Not harsh but he had to be realistic here. “Last night was fun. But that was it. Situation has changed now.” He braced himself for objections but he had to stay firm. Sexual relations only lead to growing feelings for each other and in this job, that couldn’t happen. It was never just sex. It started as that but people get attached in the end, normally him. Bonds through putting your life on the line, of course. The thought had already crossed his mind of being taken by Trip across the desk on a late night at the office but it’s thoughts like that neither of them needed to be distracted by.

Taking about half of the folder of Trip he sat them down at the side of the desk he normally sat and got settled to start working. He waited for Trip’s response. He wondered how he would react. He wasn’t sure if the other man would give up so easy. He hoped that he would understand. It was a bit disappointing even for him but in the long run it was for the best.

Trip smirked at the comment that he was submissive back at briefing. Not something he'd ever really been called before, it was almost refreshing. He couldn't really deny it either, he knew where his paycheck came from and just because he was a smart-ass didn't mean he wasn't smart enough to not be an ass when it mattered. The comment from the older man actually lightened his mood ever so slightly. Despite his rather dry tone, Bradley poking fun at him felt like a wonderful departure from his rather tightly wound demeanor. He kept thinking back on that man from last night. He was one to talk about submissiveness.

He was too busy laughing to himself to even turn the comment back on the other man before they reached the office, what would be their office. He heard the office door click shut and Brad start to speak in a different tone than he had all day. He suddenly felt like a dog being sternly scolded as part of his training before he'd even done anything wrong. He stood there slightly taken aback in what Brad had to say. He swallowed loudly as though literally having to swallow every word at once. After a few seconds that felt like minutes he let out a breathy scoff and took a seat at the desk that he figured was from now on to be his and started in on a file without addressing the other man's words.

In all honesty it wasn't new to have guys use him in one way or another and either lose interest or disconnect after, and at this point in his life he'd just gotten better at letting many of them think they were using him when he was getting something more out of the situation. Reflecting on it now made a bitter taste well up in his mouth. He wasn't sure what had allowed him to not go into last night the way he'd gone into a hookup before. Maybe Brad just seemed like a different guy for whatever reason. Maybe the whisky did a shit job on his senses after a few months without a heavy drink.

Still a part of him didn't want to agree with him either. His brow knitted as though concentrating on the documents, but his brain was thrown out of whack to concentrate. Besides, a decent amount of this he'd already been hearing about in his previous job. He had suspicions of what special approach his new boss wanted him in particular for, the way he'd addressed him specifically back there was just giving the new guy a hard time.

All his typical snark seemed wasted and easy to turn back on him with Brad suddenly. He'd actually been hopeful that he could get another evening. But he refused to just say they couldn't be two adult men enjoying each other just because they worked together, even if the thought had crossed his mind as well. Dammit! I don't even know who I'm more pissed at right now, him, or me.

Strangely the thought caused a slight fidget in Trip as he suddenly felt an urge to take a leak. "I need to piss," as crude as they may have been, they were the only words he could muster as he stepped out of the office without so much as shooting a look in the other's direction.

• 2 weeks later...

As Trip made his way out the office, Bradley placed his head in both hands, elbows leaning against the desk. It was the outcome closest to what he expected; his new partner didn’t take his decision well. But he knew he had to stick to his guns. In their line of work, they had to trust each other as detectives whose lives were on the line, not as lovers. He had a good feeling that Trip respected that deep down, or he hoped at least.

Hearing is name, he looked up to see a young woman looking in, asking if everything was all right.

“It’s fine Sandy. It’s his first day. I’m sure he’ll adjust,” he said as he motioned for the young woman to come in and close the door behind her. She was one of the patrol officers and one of the department staff that he got on well with. After he had helped her with a tough suspect a couple of years back, they became good friends, even if their chats were only during working hours.

“What you’d do to upset him? He seemed pretty pissed,” she asked as she leaned against the wall, crossing her arms.

“We fucked. And now I find out he’s my new partner in crime. So I told him it was a one off and he has to keep his dick in his pants.” He wasn’t going to beat around the bush.

“Well that’s enough to make anyone pissed. Getting a prize like yourself and being told the goods are no longer on the table,” she said, chuckling slightly.

“I mean don’t get me wrong, he’s a really nice guy. If he had any other job role, I’d be prepared to take my pants off for him again. But not like this.”

“I get it. You can’t be distracted in this line of work. Some folks can do it. I don’t know how I’d feel if my Jack was in the same role as me. I worry about him being in construction sometimes never mind this job. Too bad though. You could have used a bit loosing up. Ah, no pun intended.”

“You did that on purpose.”

“Maybe,” she winked, placing a smile on Bradley’s face. “He’ll come ‘round. Might take time but once you are both out there doing what you do he’ll understand the risks out there are too much to let a hottie distract you.”

“You think he’s a hottie?”

“I was referring to you.”

“Touché.”

“You know it.”

The both on them smiled before she excused herself, opening the door and leaving the office. She closed the door behind him, something he meant to ask her not to do so he could keep an eye out from Trip coming back. The two of them had to get passed this awkward little situation. He considered going down to talk to the younger male, but that felt a bit too weird to walk into the john for a chat. He decided to give the other detective ten minutes as a breather. If he wants back up then, then he would go down and try and sort things out.

• 2 months later...

Trip could just barely recall passing a bathroom on their way in. As he rushed out he passed a female officer, seeing out the corner of his eye as she walked into the office. He kept walking, heart not racing, but the beat seeming to be harder than before, throbbing in his ears. He paused hearing the click of the door closing. Suddenly his face ran hot in frustration as he continued to rush his way down the hall.

Finally finding the bathroom he opted for one of the stalls. Immediately taking a leak and with it clearing his mind for the moment, Trip could only faintly make out the sounds of voices and footsteps entering the restroom.

"...yeah, what a fucking joke, can't believe chief is taking that punk seriously," came an older man's voice. Trip barely felt a familiarity from the briefing earlier. "Seemed like he was lost from booking if you ask me." Chuckles echoed off the tiled walls.

Trip sucked on his teeth with a breathy mix of a sigh and chuckle. Hanging his head with the relief of the end of his stream. Stepping out of the stall he could see the discomfort spread over the faces of the other men in the restroom. Something about their expressions told him that it was the dirty blond who had been speaking.

"Hey, we met earlier right?" Trip noted with a heightened smugness and sarcasm as he laid his hand on the other guy's shoulder. His eyes narrowed with a sharpness as he held his hand there under the flinch of the other man's body at the contact. The grimace of disgust was met with a bitter grin as he turned to the sink, rinsing his hands. "Welcome to the force, yeah?" He snatched a papertowel, still whiping his hands off walking through the door.

His face returned to a scowl, heading back to the office. In the hall Trip swore he walked past the woman who was walking towards the office as he was leaving. He admitted he wasn't interested in registering her face. At this point he felt that this place wasn't going to be that different than the last; do his job, invest a lot of himself, and ultimately be an outsider dismissed when blame needed to go somewhere.

Alone in the hall, a few feet from the door he let out a heavy sigh and returned to his desk, hoping his face appeared indifferent. "That feels better," he added offhandedly as he pulled a folder from the file infront of him. "How deep have you gotten? Into the part where they were trafficking the stuff through the brothels for a while? Dirtier stuff, bad side effects goes through street hookers, but the more... refined stuff goes through higher class workers and while it can mess you up, it takes more of it, longer use, and there's a bit more euphoria before the horrible stuff." He pushed the folder away, shooting a smug smirk to the older man across from him, not really needing to read any of it. "I was put on an assignment before that crossed wires with the stuff."

“Good. No homework for you,” Bradley responded. He hadn’t look from the paperwork he was going through, un-flinched by the man’s storming entrance back into the small office. “But what it does to those who take it doesn’t help us stop it, only that we need to stop it.” He scanned through the page he was on before flicking to the next few pages which had maps, co-ordinates, photos and reports from previous raids. New case, new work, new colleague. This was going to be interesting to say the least.

“First thing to do is to assess what we know from previous reports and cross-reference them with reports from the local area. I would expect there to be a few incidents popping up here and there. It’s a fairly new drug but it may have been dropped in with other drugs. I would expect based on the research so far there will be a central area where occurrences of drug-related crime may be higher than other parts of the city. A hot spot.” At that moment he took a breath and looked up at Trip, that smug smirk still planted on his lips, the lips that the night before were wrapped around his growing cock that was now stirring in his pants, hidden from view of the other’s eyes by him sitting at his desk.

‘No, this is for the best Brad. Get your shit together and stop thinking about it. He’s just a distraction now; it’s not professional. Get over it.’

“I’m sure with your experience to the case already you should be able to shift through reports and find similarities and connections to this junk that’s passing through our city.” He stirred slightly, uncomfortable by the newly-formed tightness in his work trousers. Going back to the paper work he hoped the images and walls of text would send more blood back his brain while they continued their intial investagation. If they wanted to get a head start on this, the needed a lead, and the hot spot was surely to give them some connections.

"No jealousy now. Took a lot of shit work to know anything mind you. I'm sharing what I can aren't I?" He tilted his head with a critical look. Suddenly Brad seemed annoyed with him in return. He turned away with a slight huff reflecting on his thoughts on the matter with more concentration.

"Also that's not true at all," he let the words out with almost a singing-like melody to his voice. "You know how it works, it's effects, you know when and how people will use it. Like I said, it definitely frequents those looking to heighten their sexual experiences." He averted his eyes at that note. He really didn't want to dwell on the subject of sex with the other man right now. "Blue pill... red juice." He snorted more so to himself, realizing that was very likely how some treated the stuff. "The hot spot is likely a really hot spot." Without thinking he let his brow wiggle.

To try and avoid any awkwardness he pulled a few of the files in front of him. "Sure," he smirked at Bradley's suggestion that he could easily scope the information for patterns. Through the corner of his eyes he couldn't help but look at the other man noticing he was awkwardly fidgetting a bit. "I think I need some coffee for this... can I get you anything?" He suppressed a smile as something in the other man's mannerisms seemed familiar and in their current situation a little ironic.

• 1 month later...

"Coffee would be good. Black." He didn't make eye contact. He didn't acknowledge Trip's little winks or smirks. He wouldn;t let himself get distracted and fall for his charmsm if you could call them that. He wheeled the chair closer to the desk, laid an elbow on it for support and amassaged hsi temples with his fingers, reading one of the witness accounts he had in front of him. But he couldn't focus again. Words jumped ou of the page of him, sometimes words that weren't there and only looked similiar. And with the words that trip accented on when he spoke, he know the guy was trying to ignite his fire again, like a kid pushing a button on an elevator door over and over until it finally opened. At least that was the inpression he got.

'Dammit'

Bradly put a brick all up on his mind, jailing all the mental thoughts about having it out with Trip right now in the office, regardless who was around. He had already told the man it wasn't professional, but it was he who was on the verge of going back on that comment. One eye took a sneaky look at the other male, stripping away the clothing and building the picture from what he remembered from the night before.

"We should hit the streets after that. Maybe go and visit this hot spot."

Fresh air. That's what he needed. Fresh air and some detective work to get his mind back in the game and out of the gutter.

Trip grabbed a couple of cups of coffee, black as he was requested from his partner, a bit of sugar in his own. Reaching over his shoulder he placed the cup in front of Bradley. He could almost feel the heat off the older man's body as he leaned over and looked at the spot being pointed at. "Hmm... there?" Trip clicked his tongue on his teeth indicating some surprise as he stood up straight. "I didn't take you for that type of man." He he teased as he moved away swinging back around to his side of the desk with a cheeky grin before his features becoming more serious and sipping from his own cup. "Seems like a good place to start. It's a little different... kinky, but not dirty. Means they might be more willing to talk. The skin business is hard to be clean in, but it makes you more valuable. Unfortunately for them, that value means they would be a target, both clients with money and workers looking to make the experience that much more worth it."

Slumping back down into his chair recalling a few things as he sifted through the file, it took him a while to note how flustered Bradley seemed. Something about it mildly amused him and he wondered if this was his normal manner or if Trip himself had any influence. The younger man kind of hoped the latter, still feeling a little bitter about their conversation. "Here we go... we can start on a lead of possible missing workers, concerned angle instead of accusatory. Hows your street interrogation skills? Remember no private rooms, no matter what information they promise.... I suggest badges a little higher into the breast of the jacket less easy to see, requires really pulling it open to flash and no one suspects a gun up near the shoulder to cause a commotion." He shook his head in disbelief of himself, giving the older cop rookie advice, and smirked again. "But of course you know better than me how to stay out of trouble."

For the first time since he came back into the room Trip looked directly at Brad, but his face was devoid of any real expression to compliment the words. "Ready to stretch those legs a bit?" A subtle arch of his brow but little else to suggest deeper meaning in his words as he stood up. Still he felt a surge run through his body thinking back to the way they'd both explored each other and how flexible he'd learned the other man to be. None the less he immediately recalled Brad's dismissal of that happening again.

Even though he knew and already considered everything the younger man had said, it was rather satisfying to know that regardless to his looks, he knew his stuff. But he wasn’t dressed for the part. In fact, he looked like he could blend in better than he could.

“As much as it would be good to get you in with the folk and dig around, maybe we should stop by your place so you can get into something more… authority looking?”

Fuck no. What have you just done Brad?

Like a trigger, flashes of images of what happened and what could happen went through his mind again. Quickly, he took a drink of the coffee; he hated black coffee. He hoped he would focus on the taste being so bitter rather than how badly he wanted Trip.

Look at you. You’re a mess. All you can think of is sex why you have a shitting job to do. He beat himself up mentally, trying to stay focused on the task at hand. He finished the drink, threw the cup on the waste bin and grabbed his jacket from the back end of his chair. Fresh air. A good case. Something to get his teeth into. Maybe being out in the open away from the closed squashed room with the attractive mind will clear his thoughts better.

"Let's go."

Trip slumped forward over the desk, resting his chin on one hand with a painful groan. "Not you too... there's nothing wrong with my clothes." He almost had a childish pout as he said it before returning to his more characteristic grin. "I'll have you know that I've done great work dressed no better than this." His hands slid down his chest down to the rim of his shirt, pulling slightly. "Might help if one of us was ready for some under covers work."

The younger officer paused, eyes still aimed at the rim of his shirt and jeans. He didn't know whether to look up at the other man or not fully aware of the slip of his tongue and begging that the older of them had not been. It was clear to him that Brad was staying firm on his stance that they be professional and not make a thing of the previous night. Even with hints that Bradley was feeling a little tense, probably a little riled up deep down, he got the impression the other man was firm... in his decisions. Shit... shit... shit....

"Fine, I'm on the way, we'll swing in, strip, dress, out the door, off to the spot. Just keep an open mind, you might need me a little rough if we get into nastier places down the line." Even Trip felt something unintentionally wrong with that entire statement. He crushed his empty cup and walked over to the bin to dispose of it and distract from the tense exchanges. Ironically, the denial of what he wanted seemed to be making things more awkward as Brad had feared than if Trip were simply allowed hope that something was going to happen. He was a good officer and if he could see himself at that bar later with the other man it wouldn't be so hard to focus properly now. Having the older man back in his apartment wasn't going to help either.

"Ready then? I have my bike, but if you want to travel together..."

• 2 weeks later...

“I thought of that, but not right now,” Bradley commented on the back of Trip’s suggestion about going under cover. “I think we’ve had enough of that for one day.” He had picked up on Trip’s choice of words, wither intention or not and aimed to nip it in the bud. No matter how much his body craved the attention again he was determined not to let his imagination roll in the gutter. Not when there was a job to do. And perhaps if Trip got more suited and booted for the job, it might help both of them focus on the task at hand better.

Grabbing his coat, keys, wallet and badge, Bradley directed Trip out of the office, closing it and locking the door behind him. “Remind me to get you a key when we get back.” He pocketed the keys before heading down to the main reception.

Even though he doesn’t drive his own car, Bradley was still able to drive. He had his own car for use at the station, but he never drove it home. He instructed Trip to get in before he started the engine and made their way towards Trip’s apartment.

Trip snorted bitterly at Brad's dismissal. Fine with him if the older man was going to keep this up. He saw the looks, he couldn't forget the feeling of his body. He almost wanted to curse this new job of his for creating this barrier. He could sense his slip of tongue has been caught but with a cringe tried to play it off. "Don't blame me when things get harder later." He hadn't meant to, but all the same he smiled to the double meaning one could pull.

The younger man followed suit shrugging on his jacket on and leaving the office behind. Hopping into the passenger seat he arched a brow at his partner. "Threatening me already. We haven't even had a full day of being partners yet." He laughed but could tell that Brad was not so amused with him as time wore on.

Entering his apartment Trip was all too aware of the other man. Off memory alone he was growing aroused. Starting with his shirt he stripped on his way to his bedroom. "I don't have that much, I might need a second opinion."

In the bedroom he was down to his underwear pulling open dresser drawers and searching his closet. He pulled on a fitted pair of Black slacks and a grey cotton button-down. "Better?" He shot a sheepish grin as he zipped his flu and buttoned the shirt. "Now don't blame me if I inquire after patronage of this place." He wanted to see his partner's response at the idea Trip might make use of a brothel. Disgust, humor, jealousy...?

Did he ever give it a break? Every comment, remark, response oozed with innuendo, hidden meanings and little quips aimed at pissing him off. This was going to be an interesting case. Bradley walked forward till he was standing side-by-side to Trip, his hands deep in his pockets and looking in the opposite direction.

“You looked better without them to be honest.” There was a short silence before he whipped a hand out of his pocket and grabbed Trip by the collar of his shirt. “Every little hint, every little smirk, I’ve notice them,” he said in a rather low and rough tone. “So. You wanna do this, here are the rules. When you are at work, you work. No smart comments, no little winks, no complaints. Depending on how I feel after work, I’ll let you have your way with me.” His eyes scanned the other’s face as if searching for an agreement in the other eyes. Quickly, he tugged hard on the shirt, pulling him into a kiss, locking their lips together briefly. No tongue. Just enough to satisfy hopefully both of them. He broke away, his firm gaze locking back on those younger piercing green eyes. “If not, you can have your filthy runts at the whore house.”

He pushed the man away slightly, letting go of the fabric in his grip and brushing it down against his chest. He moved until he was sitting on a sofa that was piled with boxes, clothes and other items obviously belong to Trip. He laid back, waiting for the man to finish whatever he had to do, or come back down from whatever high he was probably on. He was going back on his word, his original promise to himself that Trip would only be just a colleague at work. But he had had to not only control Trip’s desires to get back into his pants, but his own desires from not wanting to give himself up to the other’s lust.

Trip stood in a mix of awe and disbelief at his partner's comment. Wait... did he just... after all that talk earlier? His chest started thumping almost audibly. Before he could even come up with a dismissive joke to cut the silence with, he heard the rise of Brad's voice once more, this time in almost a rasp that roused several nerves to attention. This time the older man continued in a matter of fact tone listing off his rules of engagement suddenly.

The younger detective wasn't going to lie, each rule trying to deny him, keep him in line, on task, and prevent his suggestive nature actually aroused him in some backwards manner. He liked this side of his partner. Despite the flurry of thoughts, however, his face stayed void of any real response beyond understanding when Brad's eyes roamed his face with a look suggesting he was looking for Trip's confirmation. He almost moved to speak before he was jerked forward, his lips crushing with the other man's. Yes, fuck yes! Trip tried to deepen it and dart his tongue to part Brad's lips, but he instantly felt his body being shoved away, almost with rejection. Looking into Brad's eyes he could still see the lust and frustration in those glimmering green orbs.

Standing up straight, watching Brad sit on his couch with his own snide comment. "Agreed," he said simply with a lick of his lips. "My rules... kiss me like that more often...fuck. Oh, and don't get mad at me if I have a physical reaction as long as I stick to work." In his mind he noted that kiss had started a bit of blood flow. "Besides, it's more telling of you if you notice." He resisted the urge to wink at his partner as painful as it was to his nature. He grabbed a silvery tie to try to finish off his more professional look, but still pulled his leather jacket. "You're free to do what you want to me anytime. Long as you don't get me fired or ironically arrested."

Trip felt a rush that would be difficult but also a bit fun to resist. "By the way... never taken part in a brothel. Not really how I want it." He recalled Brad's tone, which had amused him too much. Trip gave a quick side glance over Brad's body reclined against his sofa causing thoughts to roll around his head. He made a signal to the older man as he went up to the door. "Ready to get back to work when you are..."

• 2 weeks later...

Bradley pushed himself off the couch and followed the younger detective towards the exit of the apartment. “Who said you got rules?” he said, a mixture of seriousness and humour in his tone. He dropped the humour notch down as he spoke again. “Just try and keep it professional." He patted the man on the shoulder, taking a note of the small bulge that was forming in the front of Trip’s pants. "There is a time and a place so try keep the trouser snake tamed."

They made their way back down the elevator and back to the car parked outside. He resisted all urges he had to taste the other’s lips again in the lift and the city air was welcomed to help him clear his lustful thoughts from his head again.

“We’ll park up in Ridgeson Street and go on foot from there, get a good look of the place. We’ll head towards West Vale Street near where victim B was found. I’d appreciate your insight on what you see when we get there,” the older man asked as he focused on the road, the traffic still busy during this period of the day.

Reaching their destination, Bradley found a quiet place to park. The car wasn’t branded, just your standard make and model so it shouldn’t rouse any suspicion to anyone. He checked his badge was in his pocket while his firearm was secure in its holster around to her rear, hidden by the long jacket and he was ready to go. He wasn’t taking any risks.

• Saga locked this topic