Do you read original yaoi works?

scarletshackles

I have written as a hobby for a long time of my life, over 10 years now. So my question is essentially, do you/would you read original yaoi novels? (If nitpicking, technically everything starts as an original work by the author... but well, that's not the point now!)

I begun to write two novels simultaneously lately that are not fanfiction, but I do wonder if anyone would be even remotely interested to read them? And if so, where would it be best to perhaps post them?

Also, any general dos and donts for writing yaoi novels?

I want to share the homo love with everyone.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• addyLicious

• scarletshackles

• Demonic_Cultivator

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! :) I wouldn't mind reading original works given that it should be interesting enough to keep me attached even if I have only read a few pages. I do read yaoi novels occasionally but read fanfics a LOT, same goes for manga. I think it's about being in our comfort zone but I really like to read more novels. ^^ I write fanfics too and I adore you because you write original works which for me is somehow a harder task. I post my fanfics on FF.net and AO3 but I don't know much platform for these novels. Goodluck and I would really love to read yours!

Hey

I actually prefer reading original stories over fanfiction, so I would definitely check out your stuff. And I'm sure a lot of people would too. I like when people use their creativity to create their own stories and maybe even eventually publish them.

The best places for you to post your novels would be on AO3:

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
and FictionPress:
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I think people generally post original work on the latter more though. Since that's where I find some of my favorite stories.

As for your last question, it's a personal preference what someone would like. I would say that I don't like reading anything about rape.

Well, good luck! Tell me if you start posting! :D