Fathers (2016)

unlove

T I T L E

《Fathers》

12485948_1394950010804282_3321678132593570010_o.jp  g

coming May 26th, 2016

12301553_1392720707693879_3218259805477187399_n.jp  g

T R A I L E R

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

T H E · L E A D S

12241189_1391249157841034_1791649348127000499_n.jp  g

S Y N O P S I S

Phoon (Asda Panichkul), 36, a finance and investment manager, and Yuke (Nat Sakdatorn), 33, a graphic illustrator, have been in a serious relationship for 13 years. The couple has adopted an abandoned child named Butr (Aritach Pipattangkul) since he was a baby. When the child goes into grade one at school, he is made fun of not having a mother by his school friends, which makes the once-specialty that he has two fathers undesirable.

Consequently, the son begins to ask about his own mother, and that causes some discomfort to the fathers to answer. Following the advent of Rattiya (Sinjai Plengpanich), the director of Children’s Right Protection Organization, everything in the family is changed. Her suggestions and the dig-up for Butr’s background causes even more tension to Phoon and Yuke. The couple doesn’t have so many options but to choose what is the best for their son, even though they may be in despair.

- - - comment - - -

I am not sure, it looks like a good comedy or a movie with a terribly sad ending,

"Her suggestions and the dig-up for Butr’s background causes even more tension to Phoon and Yuke. The couple doesn’t have so many options but to choose what is the best for their son, even though they may be in despair."

... what is it gonna be?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Panda01

• Strawberries_Senpai

• unlove

• weiai

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
So much is cool about this movie. The overall premise, ... the story, the issues it tries to deal with, and so on.

A really good movie!

Do you see it ? can you tell me Where ?

Sorry, I can't help you.

I didn't watch it online.

If you're interested in the movie, read on.

A lot of my friends have already asked me to help them find subs online. You can't find any subs because it hasn't been subbed yet. It is true that Fathers hit the screens about 3 months ago but the DVD box is coming out just now. Realistically, it's gonna take some time before somebody subs the movie and that ain't gonna be today. Remember, the DVD box is not out yet.

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

I was finally able to watch this movie here:

But..I feel somehow unsatisfied. It is more "real" lfie, because of the topic of adoption, especially for same sex couples, the uncertainty that comes with it for all the people envolved..

But I would have loved a more clean cut ending, does the boy have to go back to his mom, like children with divorced parents going back and forth..or is he "satisfied" knowing who gave birth to him.

I am also still reeling about the woman that found his birth mom...I am not really clear about law in Thailand, but this would be a big no-no here.

This movie showed really well, how the insecurities and old wounds of adults are transferred over to children and how this can also affect relationships.