Junjou Romantica Live Action?

Kiro

A friend of mine told me today that she heard that Junjou Romantica will be released as Live Action. Has anybody heard anything about that???? :confused: Hope it is true!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yyaaoonnee

• Kiro

• Dai

• Ero Gaki

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it will actually be a LA for Junjou. I've heard this so many times and yet there is no movie out. I really don't know what to think about it. Hope this time we'll be lucky!

Even if they would release a live action, I don't think it would be anything close to the manga or anime. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to find actors that would look that good together. Also I'd be surprised if they would manage to create such a warm atmosphere as in the anime :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well i know that there's a BL movie out called Junjou with the same actor from the Takumi kun part 2 and Taikukan baby. Could this be what your friend was referring to?

Well i know that there's a BL movie out called Junjou with the same actor from the Takumi kun part 2 and Taikukan baby. Could this be what your friend was referring to?

I don't think she was referring to that one because another time we had talked about Junjou as well. But this time she said she heard they will release a Junjou Romantica live action as well...

• 1 month later...

erm..Jonjou movie is not same With Junjou romantica..it's totally different...tozaki so sweet..and Kurata full with jealousy...I hope that True that they go do that....

I hope this is true 'cause I'd be curious to watch it since I'm a fan of the series. However, I admit I am worried too 'cause let's face it a lot of the actors we see in BL films are still wooden in their acting and nervous in the intimate scenes and some cheat a lot on the kissing scenes. It's almost like they're scared they'll turn gay after filming. LOL

But live action wise, I think they should start with Junjou Egoist. Because this has a lot more drama and has a much closer approach to reality. I really hope they will find really good actors to play the roles of Nowaki and Hiroki. It's a tough act to follow since the anime series and the drama CDs have been released. So the expectation from the fans are very high.

• Like 2

If it is indeed true then I hope they take their time doing if carefully and accordingly.

It is such a great manga, it would be really enjoyable to watch a live action version. However, it as to be well done, with actors who can capture the characters "souls" as well as the whole atmosphere that the manga accustomed us with.

It would be a real shame if it done simply for the hell of it and then end up being abominable. That being the case it should not be done to begin with.

Junjou Romantica is a lovely masterpiece that deserves to be treated as such :leaf15:

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hmm. I don't know, but I hope!

But just look at Antique Bakery (Japanese version). I've never seen it, but I heard that they destroyed the whole storyline and made it into a "normal" heterosexual one. I don't think this would fits the manga and anime so well, if it would be released as a drama.

Real homosexuality is still a little taboo in Japan.

But hey, there were rumors since 2003, that Ouran High School Host Club will be released as a drama! This year it finally aired (: Maybe we have to trust ^^

I agree with Minzgruen, we must keep the faith, because maybe they have the project and they take longer till they will actually release it because they know how many fans Junjou Romantica has and they want to make a real good job. That would be the best case scenario Haha

• 1 year later...

I thought that too!

I saw a so called "trailer" of the live action on youtube for Junjou Romantica and For Junjou terrorist! So there's me thinking it's actually a live action drama I looked all over google for it, to be told later on by the video maker that it was just a fanmade video there's no such drama that's been made yet :(

If this rumor was real then I hope from the bottom of my heart that they better choose the right actors for the right characters.

If not...well let's just wait for the fujoshi's to do the critique.

• 2 months later...

Oh, I DO want to see Junjou Romantica live action. It'd be awesome to see Usagi and Misaki's cute relationship. While I have some actors in mind to play Misaki, I totally can't pick who to play Usagi. He's too good to be true chara type, that's why XD

I wouldn't mind seeing a LA adaption of it as long as they could give me the same atmosphere as the anime did. I would also like the actors to resemble the characters but I honestly don't think that's possible. Dx So right now I guess I'll keep an open mind if there even is a plan to make it.

• 2 months later...

It would be great, and I think Miyagi You's actor would be a great actor since Miyagi has the most complicated feelings for his partner. Well, the actor must act well or Miyagi would only be a depressed-pedo-old man

• 5 months later...

If this is true, i can die happily. xD But Junjou ~Pure Heart~ is different from Junjou Romantica. oTL

- - - Updated - - -

If this is true, i can die happily. xD But Junjou ~Pure Heart~ is different from Junjou Romantica. oTL

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really expect much when there's an official announcement for a manga series to have an anime adaptation, much less when it comes to an LA one. When it comes to such instances, though, I can't help but call forth my casting chair. Rumor or not for a Junjou Romantica movie, I'm already seeing Baba. As Hiroki. :p