Enemies of the State [The Executive Office #1] by Tal Bauer

Suida

Enemies of the State [The Executive Office #1]

xvkwFe2.jpg

Author: Tal Bauer

Genre: Romance, Cops

Published: February 15th 2016

Plot:

A rogue Black Ops unit with the president in their crosshairs.

A Secret Service agent who will break every rule.

A president falling for the one person he shouldn’t—a man.

Newly elected President Jack Spiers’s presidency is rocked from the very beginning, and he’s working furiously to keep the world from falling apart. Between terrorism attacks ripping apart Europe, Russia’s constant posturing and aggression, and the quagmire of the Middle East, Jack is struggling to keep his campaign promise—to work toward a better, safer world.

For Special Agent Ethan Reichenbach, Jack is just another president, the third in twelve years. With Jack’s election, he’s been promoted, and now he’s running the presidential detail, which puts him side by side with Jack daily. He’s expecting another stuffed suit and an arrogant DC politician, but Jack shocks him with his humor and humanity.

There are rules against a Secret Service agent and one of their protectees developing a friendship—big rules. Besides, Jack is straight as a ruler, and a widower, and Ethan has always avoided falling for straight men. Ethan keeps his distance, but Jack draws him in, like gas to a naked flame, and it’s a lure he isn’t strong enough to turn away from.

As the two men collide, rules are shattered and the world teeters on the verge of war, and a rogue Black Ops unit bent on destruction sets Jack in their deadly crosshairs. Ethan must put everything on the line in order to save the man he’s come to love, Jack’s presidency, and the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jochie

• bondingboys

• Astiara

• Racheal

• 2 years later...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I'm reading it right now, I have to admit I was lil bit discouraged to start when I see how many pages this book had, and it just the first one >_

But then I just give it ago, and suddenly I'm almost 100 pages in without realizing it. It was so good it suck me in!

The MCs not like how I imagined, I thought they'll be more uptight with boring conversations about politics. So I was surprised with how cute the president is. No wonder his SS fall hard for him.

Thank you for the recommendation, I'm going to anjoy this long journey I guess

! Right~~ And after reading book 1, you will need to read the Interlude, then continue to book 2 and then book 3 AND THEN all the bytes or short stories from the author's site! So many pages, scenes, moments, all twisted, unexpected and intriguing but of course you need to read them all because: Jack & Ethan!!! (๑>؂

Also the POTUS is cute?! I thought Ethan is the cuter one when it came to his feelings~~ (≧ω≦)

But, yeah! No uptight and boring politics there! Kudos to Tal Bauer~~

Also, what is your first impression on Scott, Jochie? Instantly Best BFF of Ethan's?!

Keep reading and update me your progress of reading, Jochie! \\^O^//

If i didn't read wrong we have this author on the book club list (for october i think?) So i will lay off on it for now(which i would even without the book club because REAL LIFE IS KILLING ME!! i have never been without reading for this long! T-T ) but i definitely want to read it so i will do everithing in my power to see it voted as first place! XD

Wow okay, lookin forward to all of those books

Well Ethan is sure cute with his struggles excepting his own feelings, but Mr. President (he still Mr. President to me since Ethan still can't said he name out loud yet, and I'm on Ethan mode right now) is cuter with his child like innocent and flirting and sulking :)

I'm might at 100 pages but that only 25% into the book, so my opinion still can change

Scott show up 2 times so far, still don't have any opinions on him yet.

I'm just done with their first texting, OMG that is super cuutteeee :Overexcited:

Can't wait to see the first date :D

I also hoping we choose him as author of the month, but it's going to be Magan Derr, so I decided to read it by myself.

And I thought we going to read some themes book for October.

But if this book somehow get chosen in book club, it's long enough I might not even done with it and it's good that I starting early.

I hoop it got chosen, I would like to discuss it with all of you :)

i know we have megan derr and i couldn't be more happy, but tal got second place,meaning he will be on the next author's theme (which i checked is november, told you i didn't remember exatly xp)

okay. I don't know it's working like that, but I'm willing to read it again, it was so good :)

I just finished book 1, I can't keep it down. It's soo gooood

Now I see how cute Ethan is after seeing him from Jack POV

And yeah, Scott definitely get BFF award for all he has done, but so is Daniels. I think we should just agree that Ethan get really lucky in friends department. He really have a good team. Even Welby is super sweet, that he willing to buy supplies so his friends can get laid ;D

is Faisal and Adam have their own stories?

! Nice! You have finished book 1~ On to "Interlude" then~ More Jack & Ethan lovey dovey moments before getting more intrigued with some twisted plot in Book 2 & Book 3~~

Yes! Faisal & Adam will have their own book~~ But later, so much later since the Author have planned the Russian President aka Sergey's story next~~

And psssst

Sergey would get his own Love Interest in Book 2 & Book 3 and the setting for their next story, their own book, will be in Space!!!

Also, don't miss out any cute and endearing, little bromantic moments between Doc & Coleman later because aaaaaa I SHIP THEM SO HARD THEY NEED TO BE MORE THAN BROS MY 3RD MOST FAVE BONDS after Jack&Ethan and Ethan&Scott~~

Yes, yes! Ethan is so damn lucky most of his brothers in SS esp SCOTT DANIELS WELBY but ofcourse MOSTLY SCOTT would shield him with their bodies without 2nd thoughts in any dangerous situations!! What admirable bond they all had!! (๑>؂

it's alright, Tal Bauer has other books with long pages and more twisted plots aka "HUSH" and "WHISPER" that we haven't read and I don't dare to read yet so hopefully the Book Club will choose one of those two books next~~

But if the chosen book is actually Jack&Ethan story, like Jochie said, I'm also willing to reread again~~

just finished the interlude. They so freaking romantic, it's so sweet.

Now I read more about Sergey, I'm curious who is his love interest. I'm don't like him at first, he was mean to jack, but now they're best bro :D

And now I understand even more why you favor Scott

I don't get to Doc & Coleman yet. I'm off to book 2 now to find out :D

A little tiny bit of Doc & Coleman moment show up in book 1 when they had to prepare for disguising as college guys,

~~ Really tiny like blink you miss it or something haha I have reread 1st book 4 times -- before book 3 came out -- but still missed out their bromantic moments aaaaa orz

Book 2 is the same but there are more in Book 3~~ (๑>؂

Sergey's character could be dislikeable at first, but in Book 2 he gradually turned better and Book 3 will explore more of him~~

And yes, Scott is another one of the best BFF characters I really like~

Enjoy the next book~ Let me know what's your opinion later, Jochie~~

I remember that part but not completely. I remember Doc is the only one who can pull it off with the hipster looks. Is Coleman the one he want to put eyeliner on??

Yes,

~~ Only Doc who could be brave enough with desire to put eyeliner on Coleman~~ lol These two really too much despite being side characters but their moments in the background, always in the background from MCs POV, are really really endearing. I'm all whenever Tal Bauer decides to give Doc & Coleman their own novella or something~~ (๑>؂

I remember the event but not the interaction. I'm too focused on J&E, the suspend was high at that moment. I have to reread it again. But now off to the 2nd book first. Ethan is the first gentleman! :Excited:

Me too!

, at those times reading and rereading, I only focused on Jack & Ethan! But came Book 3, then reading a certain Bauerbytes on the author's blog about Doc & Coleman After Story---! Why I didn't realize before AAAA!!!

That's why I somewhat warn you, Jochie, not to miss out in the first time reading heheh~~

I won't keep you from further reading for now, Jochie~ Let me know when you move on to Book 3, okay? Enjoy~~

Hahaha!!

They are leap and bound ahead of us! But in november we will catch up! ;) i have a hunch i will like this author XD

Hahaha!!
They are leap and bound ahead of us! But in november we will catch up! ;) i have a hunch i will like this author XD

lol I know right >

Sorry

but november is still so long and I've this book on my Tbr for awhile now, so when
recommended it to me, I know I just have to read it. But don't worry, the book is so good and a lot of things going on there, if we choose this book in November I'm willing to reread it so I can pay more attention to what happened around the MCs :)

nah I just teasing you guys. I know you guys quite well, so I did not really expected all of you to wait until November ;)