Growing AI (Coffee-Tastic and ZXMetalMonster)

Coffee-Tastic

Walter's reaction surprised him to say in the least, for he wasn't teasing him for once and he didn't say anything out of the ordinary. Did he? Sky blinked at the man as he apologized, leading him to the room immediately to change, asking, "Misunderstood what? I meant what I said." Changing clothes. Undressing. Getting ready to go on a date. No, he didn't see anything wrong with any of that. "You promised me we'd go out. Do you honestly think it will be acceptable to leave wearing what we have on now?" He let go of his hand when they got to the room, grabbing the bottom of his borrowed shirt and taking it off, "Which reminds me. Do you have nice clothes? I have a suit..."

For Walter's answer, he turned and looked at him as he folded the shirt he was given last night. Sky worried that he might have to dress down if Walter didn't have something good to put on, and that was a bummer because the biggest reason why he wanted to go on a date in the first place was to show off their perfect relationship and himself as well. He didn't even know beforehand it was normal to dress up nicely for these things, Sky was the one who specifically required it to enjoy himself as much as possible.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coffee-Tastic

• ZX-MetalMonster

Now aware that he was the only one able to see the double meaning in the other man's words, Walter followed him with eyes glued to the ground and said nothing while the machine went on with it's statements and questions. He felt afraid and cold at the thought of the confusion and discomfort he'd nearly caused them both and unlike when he was flustered or shy from something the android has done, his expression gave away how unhappy he was and the rosy tint of a blush was gone from his face. This time around Walter wasn't unsure of himself or overwhelmed by something that was done or said to tease him, he was embarrassed of himself and his own thoughts.

The error did more than only spoil the human's mood though, because now he started to question what it is that drove him to confuse a simple call to change clothes with a remark that suggested something intimate. Of course he cared for the android, he'd known that much since before the machine's consciousness had fully emerged, however anything beyond that seemed either too undeveloped to be acknowledged or inappropriate and Walter resorted to convincing himself that the misunderstanding came fully from how close they'd been earlier that day when he'd woken up.

-"I don't have anything like that... but I have... acceptable clothes... I think they will be good enough at least..." Walter forced himself to reply, though his voice still seemed quiet, he would have much rather staid quiet for a while longer to help himself move past the mistake he'd made. Having taken a seat on the bed after the machine had let go o his hand he now moved to stand up but paused, realizing it is perhaps better to leave it to the other man what they would both wear rather than look for the clothes on his own.

"We need to go out soon and get you a suit then..." He sighed to himself, going into the man's closet, not noticing the mood change instantly like he would have if he wasn't thinking about himself so much right now. It was a real pity that Walter couldn't even have above decent clothing. This he supposed that Walter wasn't expect himself to be going out on a date with anyone anytime soon... If that was the case... He might have felt threatened to know that he had a suit, it would have meant he used it for something nice that wasn't him. Sky tapped his chin, sighing again and going through the clothes that were there, "Walter, do you know your measur..."

Sky looked behind him at the man, seeing that he was looking down. Blinking, he moved away from the closet immediately and sat next to him, leaning close to his face, "Your blush is gone now and you look upset. What's wrong? Did something happen?" He gestured the closet, "Are you sad that you don't have a suit like I do...? It's alright that you don't. I'm just glad we will go somewhere together." Sky quickly assumed it was that and took one of his hands, "I intend to dress down since you don't have a suit and It wouldn't be normal. So there's no need to worry."

It was easy for Walter to isolate himself and dwell on the misunderstanding while the android was preoccupied with himself and went on about his wardrobe, however once the other man took note of how quiet he'd become and caught a glimpse of his expression he had little choice but to devote his attention to him again. He didn't care about how they would dress nearly as much as the machine expected but revealing what sort of thoughts were really responsible for his poor mood was out o f the question and so he tried to downplay his embarrassment altogether and steer the conversation so he wouldn't have to provide any proper explanation at all.

-"I'm sorry I don't have any clothes for going out..." He apologized quietly and didn't say more because he knew it was apparent how rarely he left his home, especially to spend time with someone. Because the android had moved so close to him Walter was tempted to allow himself something simple, to lean closer to him just enough to press their foreheads together or to caress his hand, however his confidence had faded after he'd misinterpreted the other man's words.

-"Though... are you sure I would look... good in a suit? I can just buy a nice shirt..." A faint blush returned to Walter's face while he questioned Sky's plans for him and he glanced up to meet his gaze, his head still slightly tilted downwards. He wasn't unsure about getting a suit only because he suspected something so neat would attract unwanted attention to him and look ridiculous on him but also because he knew it wasn't something he would need more than a few times.