Vigilance (Grizzly and ChampionRed007) [18+]

grizzly

(Sorry for the late reply, I've had a few things going on.)

Alexander was unaware that it actually was Jayce who murdered his father, but he had his suspicions. There weren't many criminals he could think of that could actually pull off the task. His father had been a very clever man, and Xander's inspiration for his career. He had been very close to his father while he was growing up, especially since they both had to live life without a wife and mother. She had been a strong woman that never gave up and fought through the illness that finally claimed her life. The young officer would definitely be different towards Jayce if he knew the man was responsible for taking his other parent's life.

Instead of looking disgusted, Alexander only laughed slightly at the comeback. "I'm sure you'd love to show me, big boy." The officer grinned, not really being serious but wanting to push Jayce's buttons as well. The young officer coughed sharply when he was made to double over from the hit. A bit of blood trickled from one corner of his mouth as he flashed a half grin, half glare up at the man. Xander let out a pained groan and focused his eyes on the criminal while he was gagged with the cloth. It would, at the very least, shut him up and prevent him from making more arrogant comments.

It didn't take long to overpower his struggling and attempts at retaliating, and the officer finally stopped moving. Trying to get out of the ropes that bound him plus the body bag was near impossible, so Alexander reluctantly settled for being tugged across the ground. The policeman grunted loudly when he was tossed into the trunk of the vehicle. It felt like his head hit something hard like some sort of case that was in the closed trunk with him. Xander gave up for now and let his head fall and his eyes close.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grizzly

• ChampionRed007

(It's cool! I tried to send you a message through the inbox a while back, but I guess it's full. We really should play minecraft sometime lol)

The drive out of New York City was a short one with the streets being somewhat empty. There were plenty of cabs still rushing to bring people back and from home for whatever reasons. After a couple of hours of driving and listening to Charlie Parker on the radio, he had finally left the outskirts of the city and began to enter a more rural and forested area. It was privately owned property that belonged exclusively to him and he had a small bunker-like structure built by a lake. It was meant to be used as a weapons storage, so the building lacked any windows and had steel doors.

"Now's The Time" was what he was whistling when he turned off the ignition of his car to return to the trunk. "Wakey wakey sleepy head," he called out while patting a random section of the bag before tugging on one end. He wasn't as careful with removing the body as he was placing it in the trunk and warned Xander to brace for impact as he pulled him out of the trunk. A thud and Xander was finally out of the car. Jayce didn't waste time to bring the body into the bunker since the sun was already rising, so he dragged the body onto the front steps of the bunker. He didn't let Xander out of the bag until he had secured the door behind him. Turning on the light he revealed a large empty room with a couple of rooms attached. There was a bathroom, a small kitchenette, and a bedroom. There were still a few crates leftover from when they unpacked the guns, but they were all empty now save for some hay.

"We're home," he said to Xander while he unzipped the bag. He braced himself for any attack, but he knew there wasn't much Xander could really do with tied hands and ankles in a locked room. "Couldn't really keep you in the city where it would be too easy to find you." He continued to unzip the bag and tried to help the officer out of the bag. "So I decided to bring you here to help me decide what to do with you."

• 3 weeks later...

Alexander had no idea where they were headed and kept quiet most of the ride as if he had a choice. The officer let out a muffled groan in pain when he was pulled from the trunk of the vehicle. Somehow along the way, Xander had managed to get the cloth out of his mouth. "I thought you'd like to hear my lovely voice again so I actually got rid of that gag." The young policeman grinned slightly inside the body bag. "A kinky one, aren't you?" He joked as Jayce pulled him into the bunker.

The officer sat up slowly when the bag was unzipped. "It got pretty stuffy and lonely in that dark bag." Alexander stated as he looked around the room. He had to make jokes and stay positive or else his real fear would show and be a tool the man could use against him. "There's lots of things I could be useful for I suppose. But what you decide won't be influenced by what I say." Xander's surprisingly bright eyes fell on Jayce after some time.

The policeman rubbed his stomach with his cuffed hands where it pained him. Hopefully he could withstand a good amount of pain and torture if that was on the criminal's agenda.

Jayce shook his head with a grin matching that of the officer's in the bag. He just didn't give up, did he? He figured plenty of spirit was good, after all it gave him more of a challenge to test that seemingly endless energy. "You're right, I guess it is all on me then," Jayce said while he searched the bunker. He opened the cabinets and saw that they were all empty save for large amounts of dust. "You've been more compliant than I expected." Jayce returned to Xander and grabbed a wooden chair to sit him in. He grabbed a matching chair and seated himself opposite of the man, looking him dead in the eyes. He was almost captivated by how handsome Xander was despite the bandage that was wrapped around his head from where he hit him with a bottle.

"Though, maybe you're just waiting for the right moment to strike," Jayce smiled and playfully poked the officer on the nose, "again." He remembered how Xander attacked him in his own home, nearly beating him at his own game. "On the way here, I received another phone call. They explained how some of their men were arrested for possession of unregistered firearms." He pointed a finger at him and shook it a bit. "And when I say firearms, I mean a looooot of them." He looked around at the empty boxes around them that once held assault rifles of any kind before he returned his gaze to Xander. "So they're under watch of the ATF. I don't know where you stand in law enforcement, but if you can find a way to help those fellas out, it might give me the incentive to keep you alive."

Alexander shifted to sit up in the chair. It felt good to get out of the bag and car trunk. The officer was taking note of the room, but when Jayce's eyes met his own he complied and kept eye contact while he listened. He could never figure out this man's strategy and game unlike the majority of criminals. Xander's eyes nearly crossed as he followed Jayce's finger that touched his nose. The young policeman moistened his lips with his tongue briefly before speaking. "A handsome man like yourself shouldn't let his guard down then," The officer replied with a wink.

"Ahhh, I see." Alexander grinned a little. "You want me to lend your buddies a hand since I have a little pull." He knew what kind of trouble the act could get him in, but it was really a life or death situation. "I think I can help." The man's next words came a bit hesitant and unsure, but he tried anyway. "I understand my life is at stake here, but what do you say we sweeten the deal a little just for fun?" He paused for a moment before continuing. "The choice is yours about what you want to give me, or if you want to give me anything. But I do think I would deserve a bit of credit for what I'll have to do." The officer kept a small grin as his questioning gaze waited for a response.

• 2 weeks later...

Placing his hand over his chest, Jayce batted his eyelashes playfully at the officer. "Flattery will get you everywhere," he said jokingly. He was already ecstatic to hear that he would help out, but the question of what Xander would get in return came up. "Just for 'fun', huh? What exactly are you askin' for cop?" He rested his arms over the top of the chair and leaned in. "You want money? Easy peasy. Need drugs? Hell I'm sure there's a stash of heroin somewhere in here. Girls?" Jayce tilted his head with a grin before standing up. "Wellll, I think you're better off without 'em. We don't exactly run the prostitution ring."

Jayce walked over to the small kitchenette off to the side of the room and frowned at the absence of a coffee maker before he turned to lean on the counter. "Just tell me what you want and I'll give it some thought." Bringing a finger to his chin, he hummed. "Though, I think I need some collateral since I'm letting my little dog off his leash soon. Who's to say you won't turn with your tail between your legs and rat me out? While my boss thinks you'll do as you're told, I'm still questioning what to do with you."

"Hell no," Was Alexander's response to the mentioning of money, drugs, and women. "It's actually something much more simple. Information." The young officer spoke again with a slightly more serious expression. "You tell me who murdered my father and you have a deal. No tricks." Xander's face was honest and almost stern. The policeman knew that Jayce had inside connections and could find out one way or another through some source. "It's kind of for closure. I've never known for years and I'd at least like to have known in case you decide to kill me." Some of Alexander's fear was beginning to show, and he didn't like giving the criminal pleasure in seeing it.

The officer lifted his gaze to the man that stood before him, a look full of mixed emotions and hints of pain. "Collateral? How can I prove to you that I won't pull any tricks?" Alexander adjusted his tied wrists that were getting cramped and sore. "Come on." He almost chuckled, giving Jayce a small grin. "Do I look like someone that screws people over?" Another hopeful, but faked expression was placed to hide the emotions he didn't want to show. Xander was beginning to lose his energy to keep things up and his mask was quickly fading.

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry for the super late response. I'm trying not to make it a habit.)

Jayce's brow lifted in a playful manner. It was cruel to hide the fact that he was his father's one true killer, but he had to get somewhere with the cards he was given. "Alright," Jayce said to reassure the officer. "I'll see if I can pull some strings to find your father's killer. In return you bring back my buddies. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those idiots so happened to be the culprit though," he added with a wicked grin. "I only kid. It takes skill to take something as precious as a life and get away with it."

When he saw those pitiful eyes of Xander's, he felt a surge of energy. Was it an understatement to call Jayce a sadist? Surely not most would say. With how much pain he could see in those eyes, it wouldn't matter if he didn't have insurance on this guy, because he could see just how determined he was to know who decided when his father's time had come to an end. "I guess we'll only have to find out," he quipped while kneeling down to untie the rope that was bound to be chaffing the officer's skin.

"Conveniently enough, the prison the skinheads are in..." he backed away from the chair to allow the cop some room to remove the rope. "Is about a hundred or so miles away from here, give or take. Had I known you would have been of use, there really wouldn't have been a need to bring you here." He hummed a bit and smiled at Xander. "Guess you were lucky I got that last call, huh?" He returned to the counter and searched a cabinet, questioning the sanitation of the cups before he decided he would rather not drink from the tap. "Well, it's late and I'm sure you're tired. There's a room with a couple of beds in that room," he said, pointing to the door that also had a toilet thrown into it. The room mimicked that of a prison cell, adding more irony to the situation they were in.