Knowledge is Art (EvenEcho and Funny Otaku)

EvenEcho

Funny Otaku's character :

4ec97d685a48a5e0c2810a6bb7f63f96.jpg

Name: Marshell

Seme/uke: uke

Sexuality: Gay

Personality: He loves art and abstract things. He's talkative if you get him to talk. though if not talked too he is fairly shy.

Likes: ART, he loves it and wants to become a famous artist, He loves the college he is attending. He wants to learn and well be more helpful to the world

Dislikes: people who don't appreciate art, those who act with out thinking of the consequences

Bio: Marshall grew up like any young teen in japan, working hard at school hi parents always working but trying to make time for him too. By the time he was 10 he had become fascinated by art and wanted to make something that could portrait the way the past was portrayed. He was curious to help people understand how the past looked like through art. As he got into high school he only took electives that had to do with art or culture. Getting into an art college was the dream of a life time. Though he didn't get much support from his parent, thinking he would never make enough to survive and wouldn't go anywhere in life. So he had to pay for his own tuition. SO he borrowed loans and works as he goes to school, as a waiter at a local restaurant.

EvenEcho's character:

de115829a7616d15db4119231d3c465d.jpg

Name: Thoth Menes

Seme/uke:

Sexuality: Pansexual (Sapiosexual)

Personality: He prefers the night, he is wise and believes in true justice.

Likes: books, history, human food (he loves to eat), blood (he also drinks blood), and

Dislikes:

Bio: He is the God of the moon, wisdom, justice, the scribe of the Underworld and was the messenger god to Ra. He comes from Ancient Egypt. However he fell to a human body and inhabited the earth as a vampire. He loves to write and enjoys talking about science and whatnot. He can see when people die and often takes upon small attributes of the dead and add them to his live unknowingly. His current occupation is a historian and sometimes a court writer. Humans intrigue him and he loves them but some he can only love a certain amount and other he can love too much.

Extra: He cannot die and will heal quickly due to his god status, if his body is too damaged he will simply take on the form of an Ibis bird and regenerate.

Thoth Menes had gone home from a long day working as a Court Reporter. His fingers were tense from the strenuous typing that had gone on all day. He stretched out the digits before sitting down to type once again. He had read all the books currently in his small home library and he was busy being the scribe for much more, until he grew hungry. He shut the black laptop and then left the house, sliding a jacket over his shoulders, the air crisp.

Thoth made his way to a small location and took a seat, what looked good? Well it all looked good. He scanned the menus, he decided on what he wanted to drink, he wanted ice tea, but beyond that he wanted it all. He weighed his options just like justice relied on true balance. He looked up for a waiter after he figured what he wanted to dine on. perhaps I'll really eat it all, he thought to himself, I could do it.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Funny Otaku

• EvenEcho

Marshell Had a basically normal day. He got up at 6:00 to take a quick jog and come back to his tiny apartment so small that you could barely call it livable. His room, kitchen and bathroom were way to close to each other.

Going out and running he came back made himself some breakfast. Then left to the actual not boring part of his day...College. Not just any college but an art college. He loved it there...

Going straight to the studio and beginning to work on one of his many projects this one he has decided to paint instead of drawing. He was doing it for his history class, he had convinced the teacher that it would turn out better then an essay. So there he was painting...His view of the revolutionary war.

-

Hours passed by the end he was half way done with the project and paint covered him from head to toe. He said bye to the others in the room and left to his job. He work at a local restaurant, as a server. He ran to the back quickly throwing on his apron uniform on and washed his hands. Going to the costumer that seemed to be looking around.

"Hi sir, What may I get for you today." He asked happily and kindly as he smiled.

He tried his best as he an introverted shy guy to do his job smoothly and happily.

"Oh, an iced tea and two plates of takoyaki." He smiled sweetly, "Are you an artist?" He noticed his hands and the way he held himself in general. Not to mention the paint that was in the cracks of his hand and in his pores on his fingers. He probably shouldn't have said anything and he wanted to take it back. He just pretended as though he didn't seem rather intimidating. "I'm sorry, nevermind." He would just get a book on his phone to occupy the time and delete the awkward silence. He was a God, not an awkward human, but he guessed he could be both.

"Oh, an iced tea and two plates of takoyaki."

Marshell Smiled, "Okay I'll be right back with your Drink." He was happy the man seem well not too mean. He would never know what costumers he would get at this time of night; Drunks,lovers, and just angry people. As soon as he was about to turn around to the other he heard him ask the question...All that he thought was the man maybe saw the left over paint on his hands and thought he hadn't washed them. He turned back to the man.

"Yes, um, Sir I am an artist and if this bothers you I can rewash my hands sorry if you saw the paint on them.." He commented. Then quickly turned to go put the mans order in and wash his hands again.

HE went to the kitchen giving them the ticket and washed his hands rougher this time trying to get the paint out of every crevise when that was done he returned to the man with his drink.

"Hey, you didn't have to wash your hands." He said quickly, taking the drink and sliding a straw in the glass. "It was just a comment. Do you go to the art college here? I hear it's really good." He regretted it, he promised he wouldn't say anything next time to himself. He was just having a relatively good day and this guy seemed like a young artsy type and he tended to get along with them. He had his phone off to the side and his book was open, it was Art History, one of the history books that never ended.

"Oh sorry...i thought you did.." He sighed.

He looked at his hands and answered the other "Yes I am in my last year of college their..It really is a nice art college." He smiled thinking of his school. Looking at the table a minute he saw the mans book on his phone.

"I..I..swear i'm not being creepy but i saw the book on your phone is it..the history of art. I love that book though i haven't finished it yet." He said it so excitedly and was happy almost like a puppy.

"Oh and sorry I never introduce myself my name is Marshell."

He smiled, "I'm Thoth. And yes, it's the History of Art. I really like history and this book doesn't seem to end. More artists are found and added to it's digital copy." He smiled, "You're not creepy. I'm creepy, sorry about that." He drank his tea through the straw and then looked back up at him. "I don't want to keep you from your job, but if you want, we could talk tomorrow? I drive by the art college, I go to the galleries around there often to see the new pieces. Maybe we could meet there, so it's not creepy." He hoped he wasn't being weird, talking to a human outside of maybe ordering food wasn't his forte. He was a God though, he shouldn't be scared but the feeling that he was doing something off or inhuman lingered causing his leg to shake slowly but nervously

Marshell liked the others name it was odd but a good odd.

He smiled as the other talked about the book...He didn't want to say but he had added a chapter on historically Japanese art vs. Western art.

He was happy the other didn't find him creepy. He listened and when the other was asking him about talking tomorrow.

"Yes, of course that would be cool..." He tried to say it less exciting then he was because he didn't want to seem creepy.

"I'm gonna go check on your meal and actually do my job." He laughed.

Running to the back he grabbed the others order and a pitcher of ice tea, to fill his glass. Returning he filled the others glass and set his food down.

"Thanks." He smiled and looked up at him, "Say 3? Or do you have class?" He was ready to eat. Food was more than good and he was ready to just stuff his face. He waited until he left however, that would be rude and slightly gross to watch if not humourous. Thoth raked his hair back out of his face, drinking more of his tea, thanking him for the refill out of habit.

Marshell nodded, "3 sounds great." Quickly went to the other tables he had been distracted from.

HE took orders and went around but all he could think of right now was how he had just met a guy and well planned a meet up with him....What was he thinking..the guy could have been crazy. He shook his head.

'No, marshell you'll be fine his just another art geek.' He thought to himself.

Thoth ate the food quickly, trying to not look like a crazy beast while shoving food into his mouth. He finished his tea and waited for he check. He had extra cash for a generous tip and he planned on leaving with a smile and well, a date he supposed. Once he got the check from the front he left the money on the table, he didn't say goodbye because Marshell looked busy so he just left. He tucked his hands in his pockets, his house not too far away. He started the walk and he felt the air on his cheeks. It was really cold for him, he liked the heat. He ran colder than most people so he needed the heat to stay at a normal temperature.

Once home he took a shower and then continued reading the book. One of the newest installments on Japanese and Western art was nice, it was long and there were a few typos, he smiled and kept reading, just watch this new guy be some art genius while he's stuck reading about it and writing about it. He did write the entire piece on hieroglyphics. He remembered when he was in Ancient Egypt and he created them, that was fun. It was a pain to learn new languages but with over 6 thousand years under your belt nothing way too hard. Except finding a suitable date for anything and apparently talking to people in general.

Marshell ran around sad he didn't get to say goodbye to the other.....He sighed going back to the table to see an extremely generous tip....All he could think of was 'did his just befriend a really rich guy?'. He would definitely by the man dinner or a coffee jut something tomorrow.

The rest of the night was rough and hard, but went by fast. Marshell got some nice other tips too. It made him feel good that he did a good job at times. When it was closing, around 1:00 AM, he got back into his normal clothing and said good bye to his co-workers...Now only thinking about would what he had planned with the other man be considered a date...He didn't even know if the man was gay. He shook his head and deiced to try not to complicate things.

Once getting home he took a shower and got out his sketch book..Slowly sketching the man by his memory. Before he knew it he had fallen asleep on his tiny desk next to his bed.

The next day Thoth had woken up and gotten dressed in casual clothes, he thought they looked nice on. He ate breakfast in his kitchen, he ate two bowls of cereal, he loved cereal and milk. Mostly milk. He left the house to go to the library for a while, sometimes he helped around there, sometimes he just read the books around there, fixing books that were out of place or reference books that were still on the tables that no one bothered to put away.

Three came by so quick and he almost forgot but thankfully his phone reminded him. He left, getting into his beat up car and driving to the gallery. He walked up and into the art sections. He was in pre-raphaelite art, some of his favourite besides surrealism, dadaism and of course the egyptian art, which hit home for him. Some of the Japanese traditional and modern manga art was nice too and he usually made he way around it all.

Marshell woke up a little later from going to bed so late so he didn't have time for breakfast or a run. He quickly threw on a pair of skinny jeans and a big black loose sweater, with a green dinosaur on it. And lastly his glasses.

He stopped and bought a coffee on the way to the studio. Soon he got there and worked on finishing his project with some students laughing at him because of how messy it was. 3 came fairly fast and he was kinda of sad to leave his project. But he did it. He went to the gallery looking for the other man.

Soon he found him looking around. "Thoth, Thoth, over here!" He yelled. Waving.

Thoth turned to look at him. He smiled and walked to him, "Hey." He looked up at the art, "Were you working on something?" He knew the answer was yes and wish he had worded it differently. How easy it would be if his words could be erased and re-said just like a writer could do. He put his hands back in his pockets, "I mean, I'm sure you are. Are you going to submit it into this gallery?" That was better, he noted.

The art around them was the pre-raphaelite inspired art he had been viewing, he enjoyed the pieces because of the slightly off realism about them. It wasn't enough to make the picture scary because of it's distorted features but rather enhance the subjects beauty as a living thing since nothing was/is perfect.

Marshell smiled, "No, I don't have time for it, I have to keep my actual grades up...I'm working on a history project right now hence the paint on my face and hands...It's a rendering of the American Revolutionary war."

He was excited, "I'm kinda a history nerd sorry." He pushed his glasses up.

"So what about you what do you do."

"I'm a history buff and a court reporter sometimes." He nodded, he liked that Marshell was also into history. "I actually wrote a piece for the History of Art book, on hieroglyphics in Ancient Egypt." That was the most interesting thing about him, he thought with a slight panic approaching. He tried to calm down, he wasn't very neat like this art student what was he doing he was so old and this guy was so young. He touched his own face for a second. He then tucked his hands back in his pocket. He excused his action.

Marshell got excited when the other said he had written in the book. "Really I've written a chapter too, it was about western art and eastern art history."

He looked at the other.

"Do you wanna get some food, on me of course you gave an extremely nice tip last night."

He smiled at the other, and awkwardly looked down...Marshell was an artist so even though he was 21 he was still kinda socially awkward.

"I read that last night." He smiled and then thought about going out. "Sure, but I'll pay. I have quite a bit of money that is just kind of around." He lived comfortably but he did have a lot of money he didn't know what to do with. Why would he buy the latest phone or a tv when he could just save it, that's what earned him his millions. He just needed to function. Life around for centuries, a few eons. He could definitely take this seemingly struggling student out to eat. "But you have to promise not to laugh at how much I order. I really like food." He said cutely.

Marshell bowed his head and said "Oh god sir I can't thank you enough. Thank you for being so nice." His hair fell between his eyes when he stood back up.

He wanted to hug the other man because how nice he felt he was being. His own parents wouldn't pay for a meal for him.

He laughed at the others comment on food.

"I promise I won't I can't judge, I eat very little so don't worry about me ordering too much." He sighed.

"Do you have anywhere you would like to go?" Asking because Marshell had no idea where he would like to go.

Thoth nodded, "Let's see the Egyptian art." He grabbed the others hand and lead him through the halls of the institute and to the hieroglyphics. He stood with pride. If he could tell him that he was an artist, a writer, he created those images he would but he would just seem like a crazy guy. Humans had lost their faith long ago. "Aren't they beautiful?" He asked timidly, his hands wanting to reach out and touch the stone they were painted and carved into.

Marshell wasn't expecting the other to grab his hand, so he flinch for a second but warmed up to the others touch as he followed him wondering where he would take him. As they past many artist through the ages Marshell's smiled softened. He was in his natural element, art. Finally stopping at the hieroglyphics, Marshell took his time to look at how nice the lines and symmetry were.

He over heard the other asking if they were beautiful and Marshell nodded at first. Letting himself soak the art in.

"They are, Its so intricate, they were really an amazing people....I wonder what it says..."

He smiles, they were amazing people. "It says, 'Thoth need-bring down the messages from the sky, my emperor mustn't wait'." Thoth smiled and looked at the other, "I took a course or two...a lot...on hieroglyphics when I was in college. I'm older than you after all." He took a moment to hold back a laugh, he was indeed older than the other.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Marshell looked at the other in awe. "That's so cool, I wonder what that exactly means I mean I don't know many gods of anciect Egypt....Why were they trying to get a message and why from this Thoth..." he paused as he let out his thoughts. Standing in silence for a moment he turned to the other " Isn't you'er name Thoth?"

Slightly nodding when the other said he was older..

"Ya how old are you Im 21"

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

He smiled and rubbed his head awkwardly, "Yeah, I was named after him. My parents loved Egypt, I'm from Egypt actually." He lied partially. "They wanted him because the cats were dying, they all started dying because what is today parvo." He looked down.