Group RP, Taisei mystery: The Second Birth Cry 大正迷想:二度目の産声 (private, 18+)

hal7283

Several seconds pass as the silence that followed Damon's offer to Sasuke for the latter to join him for a meal at the inn stretched onward; the rain that continued to pour down from the angry gray skies not letting up for even a minute. Even so, he waited, keeping the car door open, wanting to get an answer out of the other male, more than just the empty stare that was being aimed in his direction. It was, in a sense, daunting; as he'd heard from many a place before this, that the eyes are the door ways to the soul. From what he could see, this younger male had quite the interesting soul, despite the fact that he was attempting to keep from showing his true colors.

After a moment or two longer, Sasuke eventually climbed silently in to the car to sit in the seat next to him. His red eyes carefully observed each and every movement that the smaller male made. Once the door had been closed, the driver started the car, and they began to move, the building behind them gradually becoming smaller, before completely disappearing as they turn a corner. Damon eventually mimics what Sasuke was doing, and he too looks out the window on his own side, the clouds almost appearing as if they were mourning for something, or someone. Those heavenly tears streaked against the windows, causing the images of outside to be slightly blurry, but Damon didn't really care. He honestly wasn't interested in actually 'seeing' what was outside, more it was a distraction to keep his mind off of unimportant and trivial matters.

A voice speaks up, and his eyes shift to look at Sasuke, who had spoken to him. Once again, the topic was about eating, apparently this one was surprised that he could eat normal food. A blank expression masked every single thought that was going on within Damon's mind, his thoughts beginning to churn up ideas as to why Sasuke was asking and talking about these things. Was it because the male had figured out what he was? Or was it that they were attempting to fit together the pieces in order to solve the puzzle, not having quite put it all together? He, Damon, could tell that the other was up to something at least, and it was up to himself to keep Sasuke from coming up with the right answer.

"What do you mean? Of course I can eat regular food. Why would I not? Is there some reason in which you think that I should eat something else? If so, I would like to know what you think that it is...So I can clarify and misgivings that you have about me."

Normally Damon did not talk this much to anyone, but now he was setting that little factor about himself aside for the moment. He had to clear things before they got too murky and misinterpreted, and keep the secrets that he held about himself just that. Secrets. For all he knew, Sasuke already knew everything, but how he would have that was anyone's guess. Even his own commander had to take nearly five years to figure out the truth, and by then it was too late. He'd had the unfortunate luck as to know him when he wasn't the friendliest of individuals, much less merciful and forgiving. Once upon a time, he'd been a ruthless, malevolent, tyrannical, cold-blooded monster of a man, reflecting what he truly was on the inside. But that was the past, and he hid that now.

Taking a deep breath, he looks away once more, letting the air out of his lungs slowly. He knew that the ride to the inn would take at least another ten or so minutes, and because of that he was impatient. Damon didn't know how much longer he could stand being awake, but since he had offered to have a meal with Sasuke, he knew that he had to endure the fatigue in which his body was undergoing. Just a little bit longer, he would be able to stand it. He'd done it before, and he could do it again.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tacita_Virtus

• hal7283

• Snoopycake

• Funny Otaku

Kase went to get the others order. As he waited for the cook to make it he took his five minute break to smoke a cigarette.

Kase knew it was bad for him but he had gotten addicted way back in his freshman year of high school before he knew any better. Walking out to the crisp fresh air with the sun coming out, was nice.

He took a Cig from out of his pocket in the back of his pants with a lighter.

Quickly he lit the lighter feeling the warm of the fire as the cig was lit while in his mouth. He sucked in taking in the awful tasting smoke into his lungs. Slowly breathing out letting the back tar looking smoke seep from his mouth as he did.

Finishing minutes later he returned to the other with the food and drink he ordered.

"Here you go sir please enjoy." He said with a smile as he bowed slowly walking away.

Near the Tokyo harbor where a lot of the foreign embassies as well as residences of foreigners were located one building stood out from the rest, its white walls and pointy, triangular roof could be seen from far away. A black car drove down the road the stopped in front of the building. The door was opened and Kyogoku step out of the car. He raised his head and took a brief look at the cross placed on the tip of the triangular roof and smiled. He lowered his gaze and walked inside.

The interior was rather large, with rolls of long chars on each side and a central road leading to an alter. A simple cross was placed in front of a large stained glass window. Kyogoku looked around and soon saw a man in black robes sitting on the front roll, reading a thick black book. Kyogoku walked down the central aisle and sat beside the man.

"Good morning father Francis." Kyogoku said with a smiled and asked: "Where're the others?"

"Out doing the Lord's work, of course." Francis said as he closed the bible in his hand. "So, how can I be your service colonel?"

"Nothing really, just thought you should know that I've met with the three recruits and send them on their way." Kyogoku said.

"Yes, I'm aware of that. I've actually met with one of them already, the survivor." Francis said casually.

"I figured." Kyogoku said without a trace of surprise in his tone. He reached into his pocket and grabbed a bag of cigarette, he put one between his lips and lit it with a lighter. He took a deep breath inhaling the smoke, and blew out some of it: "You just can't resist the urge can you?"

Francis nodded: "Yes. After all, it is the duty of the faithful to guide those who are lost. I've simply.... provided some friendly advice."

Kyogoku chuckled slightly, then he raised his eyebrows sensing something approached, and an origami bird flew close. "Speak of the devil." The paper bird landed on his hand and opened up.

"What does it say?" Francis asked.

"How lovely, a warning! It says that darkness is coming, and he is prepared." Kyogoku smiled and said: "I must admit I'm a little bit flattered that he thought of me, and decided he should warm me of danger." He said as he put the paper inside his pocket.

Francis took a look at Kyogoku and sighed: "That look on your face, I know you're up to no good."

"No more than you are." Kyogoku said as he stood up and began to walk out of the church.

Pausing for a few moments, the young man's eyebrow twitched ever so slightly. Reaching into his pocket to receive a cigarette and a lighter, Sasuke swiftly unwound the window; not caring if the man whom sat by him disliked it. Inhaling the black clouds, the black haired boy sighed in pleasure as the thick tar started to coax the insides of his lungs. Breathing out the excess smoke, the fragile looking boy glanced back at the albino. Judging by his reaction from the conversation they were having, Sasuke started to understand that the cage he kept him in was proving to work. Taking in the nicotine, the young man started to continue. " ... Hm. Sorry, I only assumed you understood why I was asking but never mind. I was jumping to conclusions that a man of your type would sense him. I shan't continue pestering."

Bringing his eyes back to himself, Sasuke started to think. Either the other was lying to him or he really was not as powerful as he thought. Sighing mutely, the young man pressed the cigarette bud into the 3 numbers carved into his wrists; burning the skin. Throwing the dead cigarette out of the window, Sasuke rolled the window up once up again before sinking into the black leather seats.

" ... You know ... I have to admit, I am slightly jealous at fact you can digest such things. It's quite hard to cover it up as an eating disorder and schizophrenia ... " Looking back outside the window, the pretty boy wondered silently if he made the right choice to follow Damon into the isolated car.

Fuu hoped that the message had made it back safely, and as he waited for his food to arrive, that was all he could really think about. Why he actually cared and warned them he had no clue, as it confused even himself. Normally he didn't go out of his way to let someone know something, but a feeling deep in his gut was telling him that this was the right choice, that he had done the right thing. Besides, there was no going back on his actions now, since the origami bird was no longer in range of his sight. So, instead, he sits at the table, quiet.

The scent of something rather disgusting, of smoke and something a bit worse made him look up. It was the waiter, who was bringing him the food that he had ordered. Scrunching up his nose in disgust, he frowns, and presses his eyebrows together, obviously not happy by the scent that he was smelling. When the guy named Kase sets the food down and turns to leave, he speaks up. "Hey, you know that stuff is bad for you. Not to mention it smells gross..." When he said it, Fuuyo didn't even bother to keep his voice low, and a few people look his direction, shocked that someone could say something so rude.

Even though others might not be able to smell it on Kase, as it was very faint, Fuuyo could pick it up quite clearly, almost as if he had the strength of scent as strong as a dog did. After saying his bit, he picked up the chopsticks that had provided with his food, and began to eat, not caring that what he had said was quite rude and inconsiderate, and that the fact that what he had said might even actually upset the other person whom it was directed towards. To him, that felt a bit more normal, a bit more like himself, than the thing he had just done not five minutes ago. A sliver a smile makes its way onto his face, feeling as if he'd made up for the weird action by doing something regular. For him anyways.

The white haired male could tell that the things he was saying were starting to get to Sasuke, but that recognition does not show upon his face. Instead, he keeps the same blank expression he'd been wearing for the past couple hours now, as he glanced towards the smaller male once more. Damon was slightly disappointed to see that this one smoked, but says nothing, allowing the individual do as he wished. If the human wanted to ruin his lungs and shorten his life span, then so be it. It wouldn't effect him in the least. The few words that were said after made Damon a bit irritated, it appeared that Sasuke thought that he, Damon, had no clue what he was talking about. Of course he understood as to why the male was asking those questions. And that was exactly the reason as to why he was answering the way he was. Because Damon didn't wish to reveal things about himself that he wanted to be kept secret.

But instead of saying this out loud, he looks away, once more staring out the window. Something about this male...both intrigued him, and irked him at the same time. He wished to get to know this male more, but at the same time, he knew that if he stayed too long around Sasuke, he would eventually want to strangle the other. Not because it was something in particular about him, it was the overall attitude and persona that Sasuke gave off.

Speaking of which, the other speaks up again. Pointing out the fact about eating, and confirming what Damon had been guessing all along about the one sitting next to him on the back seat of the car. He'd deducted that the boy had some sort of mental issue, and there it was. But he had top disagree about the food bit. He might be able to digest it, but that did not mean it was pleasant. He was only doing this much to put on a charade that he was just as human as the next, even though he might not really be. To be honest, he knew he could only eat a little bit without ending up sick, half an average sized meal at most.

"Do not be jealous. It's nothing to feel that way over. Believe me..."

With that he falls silent, and after a few more moments of quiet driving, the car they were in pulls up to the inn that Damon was staying. Sighing, he was quite glad to have arrived, it was taking far too long for his liking, not to mention even though he was not affected by the smoke that was filling the back seat, it didn't mean that he liked to tolerate it and breathe in the foul, putrid stench of the tobacco smoke. Opening the door, a puff of grey clouds follows him as he exits the car, closing it softly behind.

He takes a few steps away, pausing as he waited for Sasuke to exit the car as well, and once he was ready, Damon leads the both of them into the building, footsteps leading them through a hallway, towards an area that was obviously the restaurant. The scent of food filled the air, and despite his feelings towards it, he could not deny the fact that the very aroma was appetizing. Glancing towards the smaller male, he began wondering what the other was thinking, despite the fact that actions like this weren't what he normally did. Usually, he could not care less what another being was thinking, and all that mattered was his own safety and his secrets kept under lock and key.

Stepping inside the restaurant, he allows both of them to be led to a seat, where he sits down. It was a small booth like area, and actually quite secluded and private. The waitress, who was wearing a traditional kimono and obi, hands them a handwritten menu, just as a second arrives and places a porcelain kettle filled with green tea in the center of the table, and two cups for them to use. With this finished, they both leave, allowing them to figure out what they would like to eat. Damon picks the menu up, his eyes merely glancing over the words, picking up a few here and there but not truly understanding what he was reading. No, he already knew what he wanted, at least he could speak the right words to order the food that was there.

As Kase handed the other his food, with a bright smile. As he turned to leave he heard the others comment. As he comprehended what the other had said his bright smile turn to a frown. As soon as he realized it he fixed it into another smile. Quickly, turning on his heels to face the man who had made the rude comment.

Smiling wide and Giving the man a nervous laugh, while scratch the back of his neck he replied to the others rude comment

"Yes, I do know they are bad and smell bad but once you're addicted you'er addicted."

After his comment he turned again and thanked the man for his comment. Kase was a kiss ass at work. What could he say he needed the money. Quickly Kase ran to the back to his locker and opened up his backpack to take out his Cologne, with a quick few sprays so the smell of smoke would go away. Returning to the front to help collect others orders.

In the slum which formed soon after the earthquake countless shacks and have crumbled houses created a labyrinth of small and dark alleys, and with the dark clouds hovering over the sky it was almost as dark as night time. Countless people lived and worked there, and filled the alleys with sound and noise of daily life.

A strange figure walked in one of the alleys stepped into a puddle. The sound of water splashing woke up a homeless man who set up his temporary bed in there. The homeless man turned his gaze upon the strange figure and observed: The person was naked, and appear to be a young male with black long hair, covering much of his face and had a body which was slim but well proportioned, almost beautifully so. However his walk was wavy and unsteady, almost like a infant who had just learned how to walk with two legs. The homeless soon lost interest and closed his eyes going back to sleep, he had seen his fair share of crazy people during his years on the street, especially after the earthquake who left so many people broken, both in body and in mind.

Then the homeless man heard the voices of several people laughing, likely the group of thugs who wandered the alleys looking for trouble. He then heard the whistle from one of the thugs, and the footsteps of them getting closer, judging from their conversation they seemed to be interested in the strange naked man. The homeless man curled up further in his little corner hoping the thugs wouldn't notice him, and the next moment he felt a splash of warm liquid all over his body.

The homeless man opened his eyes trying to figure out what happened, and the first thing came to his eyes was red, the whole alley, covered in red, and the next moment the overwhelming smell came up through his nostrils all the way the his brain, the smell of blood. The homeless man was petrified and couldn't even scream. He looked up and in the middle of this field of blood and scattered flesh stood the naked man, who despite being at the center of all these still looked clean and spotless. The naked man took a few more wavy steps and reached a cross road. He looked left and right, as if searching for something. After a moment of hesitation the naked man turned a corner and disappeared from the homeless man's sight.

The homeless man laid back down and closed his eyes as if nothing happened. The initial horror and fear began to fade away and was replaced by a strange sense of assurance, a faith even, that the end is near, and there's no point in fighting it. So he might as well enjoy the peace while still can.

Pushing some of the wet charcoal colored hair behind his ear, the porcelain boy's expression still did not waver at the latter's reply. He kept this gaze onto new spreading burn on the jagged numbers, carved into his thin wrists. His dead fish eyes followed a small amount of the ebony colored blood spill out of the wound and trail down his too slim, pale forearm.

Feeling the car come to an eventual halt, Sasuke finally looked up from his wound and glanced at the westerner that moved to leave the vehicle. Following suit, the small man gently shut the door and trailed behind the albino; deciding to give the other space. He knew that the other did not enjoy his company. He wasn't offended or upset by this. He naturally drove people away. This being said, under his mask he yearned for someway for people to not think of him as a freak.

Walking inside the inn's restaurant, he scanned around the room out of habit. Taking notes on facial features, outfits and persona. Slowly making his way to the assigned table, Sasuke nimbly sat with the other man. Picking up the menu, he only glanced at it before deciding on coffee. Putting it down again, the boy kept his head down feeling unable to start up a conversation.

With unamused eyes, Fuu listened to what the waiter had to say, a judgmental look of boredom on his face. Just from the laugh that the guy had made moments before he had spoken, Fuu could tell that Kase was nervous, a lot or a little, he still had yet to judge that fact. Then, the other male turned away, but Fuu was not finished yet. He spoke up again, his brows furrowing and pressing gently together near the center of his forehead, the smallest of frowns tugging the corner of his lips downward. "It may be an addiction, but addictions can be broken." And fixed... He said that last bit in his head, not saying out loud.

For some reason, despite wanting to appear as if he actually cared about others, Fuuyo had this knack for wanting to find those people whom had issues such as addiction, mental issues, needs, desires, and do what he could to fix them. Secretly f course, for the most part. And even if they knew, he wasn't very nice about it. He had to keep the facade up that he was one who didn't give a crap about the world. Even though, of course, he was a spiritual entrepreneur whose life work was going around and fixing people's lives.

He noticed that Kase had come back from whatever he'd gone to do, and without even caring what the other would think or say or even do, nor bothered giving the people around him a second glance, he walked over the Kase when he appeared not to be doing anything at that minute. Right away, he noticed the overpowering scent of cologne, masking the still so subtle scent of cigarette smoke. Even though it was still there, he ignores it, and looks straight at the other, his blue green eyes gazing intently at Kase. "Hey, if you ever wanted to quit that sick, disgusting, slow way of self murder, than maybe I can think of some thing to help you..." He stood there, eyebrow raised, studying the others' facial expressions, wondering what he'd say in return. Besides...wasn't he supposed to be going out and finding out about things around the city? Might as well start somewhere...right?

Damon felt as if Sasuke was not feeling welcome around him, and for the most part the tall white haired male could not help but thinking that the smaller male's assumptions were not far from the truth. However, in his own mind, he did not hate the individual, in more correct terms he would have to say that he did not know him well, and as such, he could not chose whether or not he disliked the other. Damon knew that in order to figure that little bit out, he would have to get to know the other better, but how was he to go about doing such a task, when the one in question hardly ever spoke? If he thought about it, he had no room to talk either, as he was quiet for the most part too, only speaking when spoken to, unaccustomed to starting conversations. But he would have to try now, even if he did not like it.

Looking up from the menu, and across the table at Sasuke, his red eyes gazing for a few moments at the other, calculating and judging the mood that the other was in. It was a bit complicated, as the other was well accustomed to masking his true inner thoughts, so he could see. And there was no way he was going to lean on his 'other' way of going about and doing things. Like before, he was not about to call upon those talents for assistance. It was wrong, though somewhere in the back of his mind was thinking how it was wrong in the first place. It was who he was, was it not? Why should he go around doing things like someone completely different than what he truly was? He shakes his head a slight margin, before quietly clearing his throat, then speaking. His words were soft, only so that Sasuke could hear them, and no one else.

"I'm not sure if you would care what I have to say, but I shall say it anyways. Even if you and I are completely different, and we have our differences I assure you, there is no way that I'm going to judge you for the things that make you and I individuals. Believe me, I have no right to deem you strange, as I myself have a rather different...shall I say...constitution, for the lack of proper terms at present time."

He pauses for a moment, allowing the words to sink in that he had just said, and because the waitress had come up to take their order. Damon places an order for a cup of black coffee, and a small bowl of ham and potato soup. After Sasuke had placed his order, the waitress bows slightly before walking away, though it did not take much time for her to return with the drinks. Setting them down, she let Damon know that the soup would be a little while, as they had to make some more, but he simply smile a little bit, and dismisses it casually, saying that he did not mind waiting. A look of relief forms in her eyes, before she too reciprocates with a smile, and walks away once more.

Watching her for a moment, he then looks to Sasuke once more, taking a sip of his coffee, trying to think of what else to say. Why did conversing with another have to be so complicated? He wished to know the answer to this, it simply frustrated him to no end. Placing the porcelain cup back down on its' saucer, he looks in to the cup, before up at the smaller male's face once more. He knew this would sound rather bland and such, but it was all he could think of saying at that particular moment.

"I know we have just met, and will probably never see each other once this mission is done and over with but, for the sake of this particular place in time, I would truly wish to get to know you better. Even if it is for a better way of getting along and doing the things that need to be done, would it not be best to try and see what the other is like? If it is your wish to not get too close, but stay at an acquaintaince level, then I completely understand. But please...I'm only asking you to open up to me a little. You see, I'm not used to this, just as much as you are not."

After saying this, he sighs softly, picking up the cup once more and takes a drink. Inside of his mind he wondered how Sasuke would answer to everything that he had said, pondering what the other male's reaction would be. Would he accept the things that he'd mentioned? Or would he just end up pushing Damon away? For someone who wished to stay away from others, Damon was surprised with himself that deep down he actually wished to get to know this individual a bit better.

((OOC- I just quickly wanted to say sorry for taking so long to update life has been a bit hectic lately))

Kase got the order for the other table he was attending too, smiling as he smiled the nice sterfi cooked food. He always liked the smell because it reminded him of his mothers cooking, who liked to keep her Japanese roots when she cooked. Walking slowly over, the man from before came over to him. Kase cocked his head to the side confused and quickly out of habit asked if he could do anything for him.

But listening to the other as he answered him, the man was unique. This was the first time he really got a good look at him. The man was not like the others in the shop, no he had a different aura about him...He couldn't put his finger on it but he knew he was not "normal". The others eyes were blue with a tint of green within them, as his hair was braided to the side. What really interested the boy was what the other was saying. A total stanger...Someone he just met...Was offering his help to him.

His eyes widened at the others offer...

"Are you serious...You would help me?" He stuttered confused to why the other would help him.

Kase quickly nodded his head and set the food down at the couples table going back to the man empty handed.

"If you would really be that kind I would accept your offer..but I warn you I have been smoking since I was around 13" He sighed but looked at the other kindly.

The naked figure continued to walk towards the city center, and just as he was about to step out of a dark alley he stopped, as if he had hit a invisible wall. He took a wavy step back and looked up, his long hair parted slightly to the side and a pair of big brown eyes stared lifelessly at the air. He extended his hand forward towards that "invisible wall" and suddenly sparks of electricity surged throughout the alley, burning the tip of the man's finger. But the strange man didn't mind and continued to extend his hand. The electricity continued to surge all over his body scorching the man's flesh. When almost half of his body was scorched to a charcoal black and his hand was nothing but bones a loud yet inaudible cracking sound echoed in the alley, and the next moment everything returned to normal.

The strange man tilted his head and tried to walk forward, but his feet crumbled into pieces as he tried to take a step and he collapsed on the ground. The strange man tried to move forward but couldn't. He stopped moving and layers of flesh quickly began to replace the layer of black charcoal over his body, and new flesh and bone began to grow in an unnatural rate.

A few moments before the strange man broke through the invisible wall, in a room deep under the Ministry of War, it was packed with men sitting in circles, frantically mumbling something with their palm held together. Suddenly all of them increase the pace and volume of their mumbling until it sounded like desperate screaming. One after another blood began to flow out of their nose, mouth, eyes and ears, and one after another they collapsed on the floor, and soon the room became silent.

It was about the same time strange incidents simultaneity occurred throughout the city, people heard strange screams and roars, sounds of countless people rushing and crying despite no one could be seen. Fire on the stove rose to several meters high, glass breaking on its own, objects big and small being hauled to midair, cars and street cars toppled by invisible forces.

And in the restaurant where Kaze and Fuuyo was at, tables, chairs, plates floated up and began to fly all around randomly. The customers were frightened and began to scream in horror as those inanimate objects flew into them, some injured by the sharper things like knifes flying pass them leaving cuts on their skin. Ordinary people began to panic not knowing what was going on, but those who have connections to the unnatural could see clearly the cause of the chaos: a lone spirit, a fragment, an echo, shadow of someone long gone. It’s so weak that it hardly had a consciousness. Without meaning, without purpose, such spirits usually causes no harm, and would simply fade away, or got absorbed by stronger beings. But this one was different, it was disturbed. Something struck fear into this thing which hardly could feel anything, and it was acting out in response.

At the same time in the restaurant where Damon and Sasuke was, the stove in the kitchen suddenly exploded, killing the cook and his assistant instantly. The fire began to spread wildly. The customers dug in fear while a few immediately tried to rush out. Normally it would be a good move but the fire seemed sentient, and flew across the room and blocked the exit. The customers screamed and cried out in despair, not knowing what was going on. While invisible to the normal customers, Damon and Sasuke could see something emerged from the flames, it looked like a large eyeball the size of a normal human head. The large fiery eyeball gazed across the room, and finally stopped as it stared at Damon and Sasuke. The next moment several fire balls flew out of the flames towards the two.

Staring at the green tea that sat warmly between his fingers, the grey eyed boy didn't know how to answer. Putting his lips together, Sasuke did nothing but blow against the green liquid. Pausing for a few moments, the fragile looking boy's mask felt a crack as he eventually glanced up at the latter. Deciding not to answer, the boy muttered the word 'Black Coffee' under his breath at the female waitress. Waiting till she left, Sasuke blankly looked back at the albino.

" ... On normal circumstances I would have no politely decline. However, I have one ,only have and only will, friend that knows everything about me. So I believe ... That if I told you ... " The corner of his mouth twitched up slightly. " ... I could be lying or telling the truth. I do have to admit I have obtained a mask which conceals my emotions; So there isn't much stopping me from telling you ... As if you decide to spread the information; you will have no actual proof." His dead fish eyes flashed a dark black. "I set fire and ate my entire village when I was 10."

Hearing an loud nose erupt into the kitchen, the boy's attention turned to the pretty orange flames that burst out of the kitchen and spread into the crowded restaurant. Screams echoed through the walls as the boy nimbly took the black gun out of his pocket and scanned the room. Frowning at the illusion of the eye in the center, the boy calmly jerked his leg up and gave a hard kick to the middle of the table; causing the wooden table to go flying towards the balls of fire aimed at him. Burning charcoal colored marks into the old fashioned table, he stood up from the chair he was seated on quietly.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything was rather normal at first, considering normal was to consist of two individuals of seemingly opposite natures trying to have a conversation together. If that was to be known as the norm, then this was rather the ordeal. The answer that Damon had received from the boy across him was rather interesting indeed, and he was a bit surprised that Sasuke would say such things. Then again, even though most things weren't to believed in this world, that didn't mean that Damon was just going to toss everything that had the slightest bit of sounded like a tall tale out the window. He had no right to do such a thing, as his own story was rather unbelievable as well.

He wasn't able to respond to what Sasuke told him due to the loud sound in the kitchen, followed by flames bursting from behind the door. A mixture of orange, red, and yellow, the fire began to consume everything, from the walls and any piece of furniture that was in immediate vicinity of the door to the kitchen. Damon quickly got to his feet, one hand going to the back of his pants, where two holsters were strapped to his belt loop. Rarely did he find the need to sue such weapons, but that was when he was usually by himself and there were no witnesses to what he could truly do.

A calm face hid anything that he might have been feeling after seeing the eye within the center of the flames, and when several balls of fire came flying their way. He simply dodges them, hearing the glass behind them break when the fire crashed in to it, continuing on it's way outside. When this happen he pulls out one of the guns, and with the marksmanship of an expert, shoots a single shot, straight towards the center of the eye, hitting it right on target.

The white haired male wasn't sure what this was, or what was going on, and he as sure as hell wasn't going to go about things the way he normally did. He could have dealt with those fire balls in a different manner, but didn't know exactly how any one might feel if they saw a man catch a ball of fire as if it were nothing. That might have caused some serious issues. Glancing out of the corner of his eyes at Sasuke, he saw that the smaller individual had a gun of his own. Good. He once more focuses on the eye in the fire, making sure to keep tabs on his surroundings. Damon wasn't completely sure how well his bullets would effect this thing, but he wasn't going to waste the other stock he had with him.