Writers Block (Exellda and ShadoRose) (18+) (Private)

Exellda

459a5cab266d35bb5b9791c4eea4b9cd.jpg

Name: Midori Hana

Profession: Author, writer, poet

Sexual Orientation: Confused

Romantic Orientation: Bi-romantic.

Personality: Midori is a lazy and stubborn outcast who doesn't handle stress too well as he resorts to alcohol and his cigarettes. Known for his grumpiness, Midori isn't very popular. Yet as an author he is praised, though people don't know him as the author because he uses an alias. Midori doesn't care for the fame, he truly does have a passion for writing, but he just doesn't like big crowds and is claustrophobic. Thus he live alone, with the exception of his beloved cat Jasper. Midori is afraid to fall in love after his high school break up and because of it he hasn't been in a relationship since. Despite having Jasper along to comfort him, Midori still feels the power of loneliness yet he remains stubborn, not seeking out anyone. Midori is slowly trying to gain his life back but is finding it difficult... He just doesn't want to admit that he need a little help...

"You need to get your ass up, Midori, I am serious this time!" Yelled his manager. She was known by everyone in the company. She lead writers to their success, their futures, and their passions unleashed. She went by the name Lucy because her full name was Lucinda, yet everyone, behind her back of course, would call her Lucifer. She wasn't afraid to yell at her clients. If you told her that she was yelling, she would kindly yell at you that she was speaking enthusiastically for motivation. That, was the kind of woman she was, very and sincerely dedicated. "Midori-!"

"Fuck. Yes Lucinda, I can hear you! Damn." Midori cursed, getting up and off his couch. His whole home was currently a mess. Everything. The floor, the fridge, his bed, the couch, kitchen, yard... Everything. The space was almost unlivable. Though he couldn't help it, he felt depressed... He didn't have ambition like he use to... He felt lonely all the time... It was all utter bull crap. "What the fuck do you want, Lucinda, can't you see I'm busy procrastinating?"

There was a sigh that escaped Lucy as she rubbed her temples, "Well... Midori..." She growled, "You're a WHOLE MONTH BEHIND. You tell me why I am here! You're home is a mess! You're a mess! And Jasper is suffering because of you!"

"Tch, no she's not. Jasper is fine." Midori said, rolling his eyes as he pet his cat.

"No, she's not!" Lucy groaned in irritation, "Look, I'll have you know, that if you don't straighten out your life fairly soon... I will personally fire you! And now that we're on the topic, I've hired someone to be your assistant, someone who will encourage you to get off your lazy ass, take care of yourself and get your work done! You better pack your bags, bring only two, because you'll be living with your assistant! You can't possibly live here, so while you're gone, I've hired a cleaning crew. It's coming out of your paycheck by the way! So I suggest you get your ass moving because we're leaving in ONE HOUR! Get going!" She yelled, pointing towards the hall that lead to Midori's bedroom.

Midori glared at the woman, "Did I ask you to do that? No? I don't need your help..." He grumbled, yet here he was, walking down the hall and to his room, "Lucifer..." he muttered bitterly. Who said she could run his life? That stupid woman... The only reason he was listening was because he didn't want to be fired, this was one hell of a job...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Exellda

• ShadoRose

Xen groaned in irratation as his doorbell rang repeatedly. "SHUT THE FUCK UP. I'M COMING!" but then he added on in a mutter ment only for himself to hear, "ignorant fucktards..." He rolled off his bed, hissing in pain as he landed on his back, his head hitting one of the many boxes thrown into his new studio apartment. He rolled over and crawled to his bedroom door, using the handle to pull himself up and stumbled through the maze of cardboard to the front door that was STILL ringing.

He threw open the door to find another load of boxes and a woman with a clipboard, who blushed at his nude state. "If you don't want to see a person's pajamas, DON'T FUCKING WAKE THEM UP AT SIX IN THE FUCKING MORNING ON A FUCKING SATURDAY." He shouted at the girl, who was awkwardly trying not to look at him. She then quickly scurried away and he groaned again as he lugged the boxes inside and shoved them away.

"Why the fuck are these so heavy? Might as well have a body in here.." Xen complained, as he got the last box inside. He curiously began to rip them open, only to find...A bed? "This must be a mistake.." He said softly, but the wood was a beautiful, dark red mahogany, must of cost a good bit. The bed posts were ornately carved with figures of faeries, which was a personal obsession of his. A little note rested at the bottom, "Think of it as a gift for the trouble you will have to deal with soon." He read it aloud, but was thoroughly confused and figured he would just deal with it later, but for now, he needed coffee, before he killed the next person who breathes too loudly.

Just as he began to make his cup, one half milk, one third sugar, the rest coffee, a soft 'meww' could be heard near his door and he opened it to see the stray he had been feeding while she nursed her kittens. He smiled softly and scratched between her ears, almost giggling in delight when he noticed she had brought her litter of two along with her this time. He quickly jumped up and ran to the cabinets, getting out her bowl and one extra for the kittens, filling them with milk and placing them just outside. "Oh I wish I had real food for you..but human scraps will have to do for now.."

He went to his fridge and held his nose as he pulled out a can of sardines, laying them on a paper plate and placing them outside for the family. He was so distracted by them happily purring and playing, that he didn't notice the new car drive up, park, and two people walking towards him.

The whole time Lucinda nagged at him, he would roll his eyes. Why was he doing this again? Damn. Midori mentally curse the woman. He didn't want to go anywhere. He didn't want to pack anything. Midori was context with how things were... And her was this woman, trying to change him... Probably one of the reasons he was beginning to think that he didn't like woman as much... Midori kind of thought he was asexual. But he knew this to not be true.

Midori was pissed right now because he would have to leave his home... Lucinda had checked his bags and taken all his alcohol as well as cigarettes. She left him with only ONE pack. This was outrageous... The damned woman wanted him to stop his habits... Didn't she know how much he relied on his cigarettes to calm himself down? Damn her to hell. Lucifer.

The car ride was mostly quiet, Jasper on his lap was asleep. She was a travel cat and acted like a dog. Literally she didn't mind being walked on a leash. She seemed to be enjoying herself. Midori however was fuming silently. He had to do this if he didn't want to loose his job. This was all irritating. Midori didn't want to be here no being going to his new assistants' house. He didn't want any of this at all...

However once they pulled up, Midori nonetheless got out, seemingly sulking and being pulled along by Lucinda. "This is your assistants' house. His name is Xen and he's-" Lucinda let out a squeak and Midori wondered why, until he turned his head and saw his assistant standing there in the nude. Apparently this guy didn't mind being naked... Midori wasn't sure how he felt about his, however they were in public.

"Man, have some decency!" Midori scowled.

"Says the one who had to be moved out of his own house!" Lucinda nudged Midori, an angry look on her face once she snapped out of it. She turned he head towards Xen, yet not really looking at his nude form, "Xen, this is Midori." She gestured towards Midori. "Midori, this is your assistant, Xen... Xen will assist you, so you can get your life together and to get your work done." She smiled, "Now with that being said, get along and enjoy each others presence." Lucinda let out a laugh as she left Midori standing there awkwardly, then drove away.

Well shit. Midori didn't want to be here... He groaned as he stood next to his two bags.

Let the torture begin, his decent into hell, start.

Xen stood up and turned his heterochromatic eyes on the pair of them, shivering slightly in the autumn air. "When did it get so cold...Ah, c-come in...Y-you must be Mi..um...M-Midori-san...?" He said softly, when Midori and his boss walked over, not even remembering he had not dressed after waking up. The cats rubbed against his legs, purring loudly as he led them inside, half waving for Midori to walk after. "I-I thought it was Fri....d-day, didn't know y-you would show...M-Midori-san.. Clothes in that box.." He gestured to a mound boxes in a corner, but then added on as an after thought, "or m-maybe the other one..?"

Saying that, he walked over to the kitchen and picked up his mug of sugar milk, sprinkled with coffee, but after taking a sip, he stared at it as it had already grown cold. "Where d-did the microwave g-go..." He muttered to himself, looking around absentmindedly. "Maybe in my room.." But instead of going to the bedroom, he opened up the hallway closet door and went inside, shutting it behind him.

Embarrassed at his mistake, he slowly opened the door and walked out, but now he had a dark colored jacket slung kind of sloppily around his shoulders. As he walked to his bedroom, he pulled the sleeves on and zipped it up before going inside his bedroom and disappearing once more, making sure to hide his face with his long bangs, but his ears glowed red from blushing.

The apartment had two front doors, one glass, one peeling wood. There was a small space in front of the door that was tiled, with a little place for shoes beside it. The rest of the floor was carpeted, and extremely soft underfoot, but it was dirty since it had not been properly cleaned after the last owners, and there was a weird stain in the corner. The walls were ugly, mixmatched shades of cream and they were baren, as Xen had not yet been able to decorate. Boxes filled every corner, blocking the only window, but what could be seen showed there wasn't much of a view anyway. To the left of the door was a small open area, filled with boxes, but you could also see where the kitchen started, but it wasn't exactly spotless and the fridge was unplugged, it's cord lying useless on the counter. The counters were cluttered with junk, and the sink had chipped dishes in it, the majority all used for the cats that now played in the short hallway that led to the only bedroom and the bathroom, which was either stuck or locked.

Midori was invited in by the naked man. Yeesh. This guy was just moving in? Are you serious? This fact annoyed Midori. His house was at least cleaner than his, with a few exceptions. Midori sighed as he brought his two bags with him, they only had clothes and shoes. He carried with him... His life source, one pack of cigarettes.

Disorderly was one word he could use to describe Xens' house. Boxes everywhere... But he was not one to talk because his house was in poor condition. "Jasper, come." He called to his cat, who trotted in, tail wagging. "Is it okay if my cat comes inside?" He figured he would ask, though seeing that there was other cats around, Midori was sure the other male wouldn't care. "Perhaps you should go find clothes." Idiot. Midori thought Xen was stuttering because he was cold.

Once inside, he shut the door behind him. Midori sighed because he was still irritated, however he was amused by the other's embarrassment. Midori made his way to the couch that was somehow empty and plopped down, looking around once again as his cat sat on his lap. Whatever. He could wait this out... He just had to get his quota done and then he could return home. He wasn't sure how he could deal with this other person. This was going to be a drag... Midori sighed again... "This is so fucking lame..."

Though Midori was so stubborn, he couldn't admit that he really did need the help... This change probably would have saved his life in the end. He wouldn't admit it though...

Anyway, where the hell was his assistant?

Xen came out after a while, with pants. He wore an odd choice of black sweat pants, that were a bit worn from use. In his arms was an older version of a microwave, but it was surprisingly clean compared to the rest of the apartment, showing he probably took better care of his things then the last owners did the apartment. The cord he had wrapped around his arms and neck, in an attempt to keep it off the ground, but it was longer then he was tall so it trailed and wrapped around his legs, making him have to walk awkwardly as he tried to maneuver to the kitchen area.

He nearly tripped and fell on multiple boxes in the way, but eventually made it safely and set the microwave down carefully, before searching for an outlet that still worked. "I-I wish they would've cleaned the p-place...It's going to be a pain in the a-ass to do it myself.." As he got his coffee in the microwave and turned it on, he turned to Midori, finally looking him over. "Wh-what's with the b-bag..? You going s-somewhere..? O-OH..! I-I'm Xen by the way...I-I believe your the one L-Lucy-san told me about..?"

Midori watched in astonishment as the other male carried a microwave, albeit clean, with a longer cord that was unbelievably long. Did Lucifer actually look into this guy? What make him so qualified? Knowing Lucinda, she probably accepted the first application. Damn her. Not only was this guy clueless, it seemed as though he didn't even know that Midori was going to have to live here...

Well, at least the guy knew that Midori had no intentions of helping him unpack. Midori knew it would probably be nice of him to at least help out, but he wasn't obligated therefore he really didn't care. Lucinda only said that he would have to live here, she didn't say he had to help the other guy, though she did say that it was his job to help him. This 'Xen' guy was his assistant and it was his job to help him when he needed it, or at least that's what Midori thought.

Honestly, Midori thought the guy wasn't too bad on the eyes, however he appeared to be a ditz and quite frankly it was unappealing. Xen was still stuttering, one would think he had and issue with it. Perhaps he was nervous? Even so, Xen just needed to calm the fuck down. Damn. A headache was starting to form when Xen asked him those questions... and introduced himself. Midori let out a sigh. He needed more cigarettes... "Right... Listen, I already knew your name, Xen. Lucinda is my boss, she told me a little about you. Simply put, you're my assistant and I have t live here for a while. Don't ask me for how long because Lucifer didn't tell me when..." Midori finished off by pulling out his box of cigarettes, pulling a stick out and placing the pack back where it came from, meanwhile the stick when in between his lips. "Just call me Midori. There's no need to be so formal..." He sighed.

Midori's free hand absentmindedly petted his cat Jasper, who merely looked up at Xen and let out a little meow. "Her name's Jasper." Midori shrugged, not moving from his spot on the couch as he pulled out a lighter and lit his cigarette. The sweet nicotine refreshed him, his headache seemingly dissipating for a moment as he inhaled, then released a puff, a cloud shrouding his face.

Xen's face lit up at the sight of Jasper and he squealed excitedly, like a small child would, not really seeming to remember anything Midori had just said, like it had gone in one ear and out the other. He walked over as fast as he dared without scaring the new cat and held his hand out to let Jasper sniff it before rubbing the cat's head. The kittens mewled as the mother helped them up onto the couch and they crawled over to the two new acquaintances and began sniffing at them curiously.

He murmured softly to the kittens, keeping them from playfully attacking Jasper or Midori by blocking them with his hands. He tilted his head in a way that made his medium length, slightly curly, black hair fall out of his eyes which clearly showed both of them for the first time. One was an unnatural blood red that would frighten some people with the intensity of his usual gaze, but his look had soften when he turned it upon the little fluff balls that currently pounced and bit each other playfully, though it still held traces of grudges long forgotten by all but him. His other eye was a deep, sad blue, with grey swirled in. Even though he seemed to happy, you could clearly read the many grievances he went through in this eye, like he was an open book.

His skin was unnaturally pale, now that you could clearly see his face, it was almost sickly looking, but at the same time it was a strange shade of ivory, or possibly porcelain, a color you usually only see on girls. Even with him crouched down by the couch, you could tell the clothes he wore were way to big, and covered up his figure, but when he was nude you could see he was extremely skinny, almost anorexically so.

Xen had not noticed Midori smoking until then, but he looked up at the smell of the burning cigarette after Midori blew out a little puff of smoke and his eyes hardened, his hair falling back into his face as he stood up. You could tell from his posture, even with his clothes hiding most of him, he had tensed and his hands had balled into fists. "Put that disgusting thing out. NOW." He sent a glare aimed at the cigarette, but it turned to Midori as he waited for him to get rid of it.

A part of Midori was glad to see that the other male liked cats. That would mean Jasper could stay. She was his favorite person in the whole wide world. His best friend and good pal. Had Xen not allowed cats, Midori would have to leave because he couldn't tolerate living without his friend, his cat Jasper. From the moment he saved that cat, he knew they would become best friends. Jasper was really the only friend he had as of now...

Midori's eyes were watching the cats whom seemed to be getting along and seemingly easily distracting Xen. For a first impression, Midori wasn't sure if he would like this new assistant or not. He was extremely weird, if he were being honest. This guy was dress in baggy clothes. Midori could tell because of how thin his body frame was. He wondered what Xen would look like in properly fitted clothes. Though if there was one thing Midori kind of liked, it was the heterochromia eyes that Xen had. They were very peculiar. Very... unique. Almost enough inspiration to make him want to write... almost...

Xen seemed to be pretty oblivious to the fact Midori had been smoking until he was almost half way through the first cigarette. A scowl formed on Midori's face, "Tch. Why would I do that? You seemed fine with it a moment ago. Why would I waste? I have half a cigarette left so you might as well let me finish it." Midori glared right back. There was no way this stranger was getting under his skin. Midori had built walls around himself which didn't help because he could be very stubborn sometimes... He took another puff of the cigarette and blew it out into Xen's face. It was rude thing to do... But he did it on purpose to mock Xen. "Have you even tried one? You never know. You might like them if you tried..."

When Midori blew the smoke directly into Xen's face, he started choking. Coughing so hard, it made his thin frame shake. The mother cat meowed softly, trying to see if he was okay, but he gently pushed her away as he caught his breath. He looked almost like he was going to cry, but for the most part he just seemed extremely pissed off. "Do you want to fucking die?! Because that's what is going to fucking happen you dipshit. Then where will your cat be!!?"

He looked down at his feet, and for a second it really did seem like he was crying from the way his head hung and his shoulders shook slightly. Then he looked up and, while his eyes weren't red, you could see the clear distress in his blue eye that you could see through his dark, slightly curly bangs. It was extremely weird for him to get so emotional, and for him to lose his stutter when talking to a person, which he usually was terrified of. Typically he was calm and quiet, never talked to anyone unless necessary, other then his cat of course.

After a second of thought, he hesitantly and quickly jerked the cigarette out of Midori's hand and stomped it out on the carpet. He tried to look like he was still angry, but it was quickly fading as fear and paranoia took over, unable to keep his gaze on Midori, and his body tensing to duck or flee, and quickly. He didn't know Midori very well, but nearly anyone and everyone is strong enough to overtake him, so he was already prepared for the worst if Midori didn't control his temper.

Midori hummed for a moment, almost feeling bad for puffing smoke right into the other's face... But then again he really didn't have any sympathy for a guy he just met. Apparently he could easily piss this guy off which probably would be a bad thing because Midori could have a short temper sometimes... And here was Xen, scolding him and telling him shit he already knew, "Fuck man, I'm gonna die anyway, so why not let me enjoy myself? Damn." There was no need to yell at him...

This was so lame. Midori huffed. He was basically going to be babysat by his assistant, wasn't he? Ridiculous, that's what this was. Midori felt like he was talking to a child. "Don't tell me how to live my life..." He muttered under his breath. It was rather annoying. Like seriously, he heard that smoking kills people, did he give a fuck? No. It was true what he said and Midori acknowledged that fact, however, that wasn't going to stop him from living his life. He proceeded to have another puff.

Then suddenly his cigarette was snatch from his hand and Midori watched in horror as Xen smashed it into the carpet. Midori's eye twitch as he let out a growl. "There was half a cigarette left... You wasteful bastard. I paid for it, I should be able to do with it what I want." He cursed under his breath. If that was the kind of game this was going to be, then so be it. He didn't mind playing dirty. And with that Midori calmly stood up and letting his cat down gently. Midori pulled out another cigarette from his pack and lit it, right in front of Xen and then put the pack back into his pocket. "See this?" Midori pointed at the cigarette, "It's mine, you don't touch, okay? Do you understand?"

Now normally he could deal with having maybe two sticks a day... However today was stressful and this would be his forth one all because Xen had to be a fool and ruin his third one. This time as he took a puff he lifted his hand out of reach for Xen to grab. Midori was taller than Xen so he used his height to his advantage. "Asshole..." Midori muttered, "Let me have my smoke..."

Xen growled and pointed to the door. "Smoke out side then, but I won't buy you any of those things so you will have to work to buy them yourself." He spun around and stormed off to the bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him. The mother cat, a beautiful calico with a black ear and soft, fluffy fur, like a small kitten would have, seemed to realize what was happening and began to carry her kittens to the door where she sat down and stared at Midori with blue eyes, waiting for him to let her out.

Xen sat at his computer and scowled at it for a moment, curling and uncurling his hands. "Stupid bastard is gonna die and leave his kitty all alone and I'll be jobless again with another mouth to feed." He moved his mouse slightly, to wake up the monitor, and sighed as he scrolled through his endless tabs, none of the games or shows or webcomics seeming interesting. He sat up and walked over to a wooden bookshelf, almost as long as the wall, and began to skim over the many book titles. He had read the majority of them dozens of times, but reading always calmed him. The names veried from novels like Secret Garden to mangas such as Boku No Pico. He prided himself in his collection and sighed as his fingers ran over his personal favorites, obviously worn from how much he has read them.

Nothing stood out to him, so he turned to his pile of sketch books and loose drawings, picking up the paper when he suddenly remembered the deadline for the website was tonight. "Shit!" He said, rushing over to the computer and opening the little project. "Dammit, not even half the bugs are fixed yet..unpacking will have to wait..!"

Like hell if he cared what the runt said. Midori was irritated by Xen's scolding. Midori didn't even think about arguing with Xen anymore as there was no point. The brunet huffed, clearly not enjoying his time here. He would almost, almost rather live outside than with this asshole. He watched Xen storm off down the hall and went into, what Midori presumed was Xen's new room. This guy was surely going to be the death of him. He would have to yell at Lucinda for putting him through this bullshit.

As soon as Xen left, Midori noticed that the cats wanted to go outside... Well the cats have done nothing wrong so far, so Midori lets them out the front door and watched sourly as they run off. Once they were out, he shut the door and then went right back to the comfort of the couch. He wanted to finish this cigarette before attempting to do anything else. As he sat down Midori's eyes glanced down at the mark on the carpet that his other cigarette had made. That idiot could have put it out with damaging his own carpet. Midori believed he was working with a fool who had absolutely no idea what the fuck he was doing. How the hell could Lucinda hire this dumb ass? If he could he would hit her upside her head.

After his finished his cigarette, Midori decided to lay down on the couch, resting and closing his eyes. He was so exhausted. This was way too much effort. And before he knew it, Midori had fallen asleep on the couch...

The man had slept for a couple hours before he was rudely awakened by his stomach. Fuck, he hadn't eaten practically all day... Where was that runt? Was he seriously still in his room? Those thoughts passed through Midori's mind as he grumpily sat up. His tired eyes scanned the area. Nope. Xen was nowhere to be seen... Did he hurt the man's feeling or some shit? Surely there was no way Xen could be that upset. Damn. Midori huffed as he stood up, a small pang of guilt ran through him. If it bothered Xen so fucking much Midori might- might smoke outside from now on. Midori seriously couldn't believe that he hurt Xen's feelings so bad that he still hadn't come out of his room. That bastard better not have killed himself.

That thought pushed Midori into a walk. Fuck this shit. Fuck life. Fuck Karma, you bitch. Goddamnit. He would apologize to the runt. He didn't want to be the reason that Xen's feelings got so damaged. Jeez this was so ridiculous. Midori soon found himself standing in front of Xen's bedroom door, his stomach and conscious had lead him there. He was guilty and hungry. Sucking up some of his pride Midori huffed and knocked on Xen's door. "Xen..? Are you still alive in there? Look, I'm sorry for smoking in your house." He grumbled tiredly, "I'm fucking hungry, so you better be alive in there because I don't know where any of your shit is..." Now that he thought about it, he hadn't even checked if there was food to begin with. "Yo, Xen?" Midori said, turning the handle to Xen's door and opening the door slowly, expecting the worse...

Xen's room wasn't as bad as the outside. There was a calender with pictures of faerie on the wall next to a rather large window that had been covered in dark colored curtains, below which was a mini shelf, covered in game consols and loose games that were hooked up to a tv, set just in front of the bed atop a little chest. The chest was at the foot of a bed that looked like it had been made with extreme care. Pillows were set up on all sides, like little walls, and the place where the head was set so he could stay propped up slightly in his sleep. Mounds of blankets had been laid down to make it extremely warm and extremely soft. Next to the bed, by the head, was a little nightstand with a lamp, and a book rested closed on top of it. A few boxes of clothes were scattered here and there, but they weren't in mounds like the living room.

On the immediate left when walking in the door, there was a massive, floor to ceiling, wall to wall bookshelf, overflowing with books and some little figurines and a few videogames and movies. On the right of the door was a lightswitch. In a little empty space between the bookshelf and the nightstand, a desk had been set up. The computer was on a screen saver, showing it had been in use recently, but unless you looked closely you wouldn't of seen Xen.

His feet were poking out of the chair, on the side, as if he had drew his feet up into the chair in a crouched position. When you walked over, you would see he was curled up in his chair, breathing softly and deeply, showing he was fast asleep. His knees had been drawn up to his chest, his head was slumped onto his shoulder. His arms were crossed, slightly awkardly, over his body, almost as if he were trying to keep warm. This room in particular was colder then the rest. Xen kept it that way to keep his many electronics from overheating.

His hair was out of his face completely for once, except a little strand that moved whenever he took gentle breathes through his mouth which was slightly open. Atleast he wasn't snoring. A soft murmur came from him and he adjusted his head slightly, before seeming to fall back into a deep sleep. When he moved, his elbow brushed against the mouse and woke up his computer.

On the desktop was a website, the background was a vibrant, moving waterfall in the middle of a forest, and as you scrolled down, you would follow the waterfall to the pond at the bottom. If you scrolled up, however, it would look like you slowed down time and could see the waterfall in slow motion, even see the little fish stuck inside it. There were links to the left and right, and if you clicked on either one, it would lead away from the waterfall scene, into a picture of a vibrant forest, full of wildlife. The sounds of the waterfall would fade slightly and you could hear the ferns moving and the bugs chirping and occasionally the animals in the background. If you waited long enough, the screen would go dark and rain would appear, including the sounds of a thunderstorm.

He had been helping make an updated version of a sound simulator, this was for its "jungle" sounds section. It was just a beta, and it wasn't guaranteed it would be selected, but this is what he had spent his day doing until he fell asleep.

Xen's room looked like a mess to Midori in all honesty. It was organized to an extent but still a mess. He briefly wondered if this was what his home was like. Huh. What an eye opener... But then he had to turn his head, and guess what he saw... Shelves piled with books, different movie titles, games and figurines... Midori didn't bother to give any of it close inspection. And just like that he didn't care anymore. This man was some kind of hoarder... While it was good to have collecting things as a hobby, there was certainly no need for hoarding... It was unhealthy... Much like his old home was... Wait... How long did he have to stay here again?

Midori's eyes scanned the room, slightly cautious. Who knew where Xen could be hiding... At least Midori didn't find a body yet... Oh... There he is... Midori thought as he spotted Xen's small frame. Well, Midori was relieved to see that the little shit didn't die on him. Yet... He was still hungry and this little shit needed to get up now. "Oi..." Midori said calmly as he approached the sleeping form. That position looked uncomfortable. Guess he didn't have to apologize to the runt... If he was asleep now, it most likely didn't matter... Midori briefly noted the computer and the 'forest' sounds it was making. Did this idiot make it? Surely there was no way... He hummed softly to himself. So it seemed Xen wasn't as useless as he thought... He also looked particularly younger with his hair out of his face, not that the fact was relevant to the situation.

The taller male decided that the sleeping male now needed to wake. If there was no food here, they would simple go out. As much as he didn't want to, they needed food. "Xen." Midori called out, poking the younger male's cheek, "Wake the fuck up. I'm hungry and I don't know where your shit is. Either way I am sure we need to get groceries. So get your ass up, okay?" Midori poked Xen's face again. "What the hell, he's not waking up..." Midori muttered to himself. "If you don't wake up, I push you off the chair!" Midori warned, slightly yelling because he was aggravated and starving. Still, even after he said that, Xen didn't stir. "Are you serious..? Fuck this shit..." Midori cursed as he grabbed onto the chair with both hands and lifted the chair, the taller male watched as Xen's body fell to the floor. "Wake up ass hole!"

Midori could be incredibly rude sometimes...

Xen caught himself and slowly sat up to look at Midori, with both of his eyes completely glazed over from sleep. He hesitantly reached up and rubbed his eye dazedly, before pulling himself to his feet and hugging Midori tightly. Actually, too tightly, who knew he had this much strength in him when he was that skinny. It was like he was crushing Midori's ribs. "I'm sorry brother, I promise I won't leave again.." He murmured. It was obvious he was sleep talking or something, and right after he said that, his grip suddenly loosened and he slumped halfway against Midori, his eyes closed and his breathing slightly hitched.

His eyebrows were knit slightly and his expression looked agitated at best, his hands curling into fists, clutching Midori's shirt tightly. "Brother.." He murmured again, "Brother its father...he's..."

He cut himself off as his body relaxed, like a nightmare had just ended, and his breathing started to slow. Without warning, he began to fall onto the floor, not bothering to hold his body up any more, now that he was deeply asleep again.

One second Xen was on the ground, then rubbing his eyes, and then the next second Midori was being hugged to death by Xen. Midori didn't really have any time to react as the air was squashed out of him. What the hell? "What are you talking about, Xen, I am not your brother." He managed to say once Xen's grip released him. He was shocked by what just happened and before he could question Xen about it, he seemingly fell right back to sleep, mumbling some more in his sleep and clutching onto his shirt. What was Xen even talking about...? His dad? What about him? The hell?

"Xen..? Are you okay?" Midori was startled by Xen's dreaming reaction. It was like the younger male was having a nightmare and sleep... walking and talking. But then Xen started to fall and Midori let out a gasp. He didn't know why, if anyone asked he would deny it, but Midori caught Xen and stopped him from falling down any farther... He sighed softly and rolled his eyes. "I swear..." Midori muttered softly, "You're a strange one... But I guess you're not too bad. Your gonna have a lot of shit to deal with and you might regret taking on the job as my assistant... But I suppose I am in for a ride too, aren't I?" Midori sighed, "I apologize now for being an ass hole... But you need to wake up, Xen!" He then pulled Xen to his feet, holding him. Since Xen was so light, Midori was strong enough to do so.

What should he do? Xen seemed to be a very deep sleeper... And usually Midori wouldn't give any fucks but... Call him cliche or some shit, but Midori was a sucker for hugs... and hugs were not something he had an abundance of. His pride was also too high so Midori wouldn't admit he liked being hugged - to death - nor was he the type to openly ask... He was hesitant about hugging people because he liked his space... Yet Midori couldn't deny his incredible soft spot for hugs.

That incredible soft spot for hugs changed his mood... Which explained why his mood seemingly flipped from moody and grumpy to seemingly indifferent and almost calm. Now Midori was standing there, awkwardly, with Xen in his arms so he could hold him up. Damn it all... "Fuck..." Midori groaned in a new form of irritation. He was hungry and had a sleeping man in his arms. "I suppose I'll just order Chinese then... But first..." Midori shifted, looping one arm around Xen's legs and the other around his back. It was the cliche bridal style fashion. He figured he might as well bring Xen with him to the living room. Perhaps the smell of food would waken the sleeping male.

So that's what Midori did, carried Xen out of his bedroom and into the living room. Midori then laid Xen down on one end of the sofa before pulling out his phone and called the Chinese place that he usually ordered from. He hoped Xen would eat what he ordered...

It was about twenty minutes until the food arrive which Midori grumpily paid for. The man then carried the food to the living room where Xen still seemed to be asleep. He placed the food on the coffee table in front of him and started to open the contents, rice, sweet and sour chicken, coconut shrimp and some egg rolls. Maybe the aroma of warm and cooked food would awaken Xen. Midori looked over at Xen, "Hey, are you going to wake up yet? I got us food." Then he poked Xen's side.

Xen's eyes fluttered open, still slightly dazed from his long nap. He let out a little mewl like sound as he stretched out, sounding almost like a kitten. Then he rolled from his side, onto his stomach, his knees under him, and stretched his arms out as far as they would go, digging his fingers into the arm of the couch and slightly arcing his back. His body shook slightly from the effort of stretching everything except his legs, which balanced him, but after a second had passed, he let out a little sigh and sat up fully.

"How did I..." He looked around, realizing he was no longer in his bedroom. His face and ears turned red at the idea of Midori seeing him asleep, and then his face turned even redder at the idea of being carried by Midori into the living room.

"U-Uh..O-oh um.." He turned to look at the taller male but was too embarrassed, so instead he looked at his hands in his lap. Xen fumbled on his words, not sure what he was supposed to say at all, but finally he noticed the food. "A-ah..D-did you buy this..? I..Um..I had some food in the fridge...yo..you could of used that..you didn't have to buy anything..." His stomach growled and his mouth was watering from the smell.

He halfway looked up at Midori, his face a light pink from embarrassment, and he mumbled a soft "thank you.." Before leaning over and kissing Midori's cheek.

He quickly turned away in embarrassment, already reprimanding himself in his head for doing that. Why the fuck did I do something so embarrassing?! He's going to think I'm weird now.. At the thought of Midori thinking him strange, he felt slightly upset. He ignored the feeling though, and instead asked, to distract them both "C-can I have some..?" Nodding his head towards the food to gesture.

He noticed, strangely enough, his stutter wasn't nearly as bad as before. And even though they just met, he didn't feel exactly..terrified around this male, like he did other people. Probably because he has a cat, people who like cats are nice people.. He reasoned with himself in his head.

It was about time that Xen had awoken from his sleep. Midori was beginning to think he would have to eat this himself. He was also beginning to believe that Xen was a cat in his past life... He supposed that made him more likable on a certain scale. Midori didn't even have to do anything for Xen to suddenly start getting red in the face. For a second Midori thought he was mad, but then common sense kindly told him that Xen was more than likely embarrassed. After all, it didn't take much to realize that he was no longer in his own room asleep. The smaller male probably had came to the conclusion that he had carried him here and that's what Midori thought.

"Mmn, nah. Cooking would have been too much effort. I'm too exhausted to cook." Midori shrugged as he was putting food on a plate. Unbeknownst to Xen, he was prepared to hand him the plate in his hands. He was going to eat once Xen had his food. "It's no problem, honestly... It's food and I'm starving." He said as he glanced at Xen who was still blushing. What he didn't expect was the sudden kiss on his cheek which made Midori freeze up. At first he thought he had hallucinated the kiss but no, surely enough it had been real. The taller male brought a hand to his cheek, unsure as to how he should react to such a thing. Xen seemed way too innocent to have been implying anything, and if he was, well... Midori was sure Xen wouldn't make the first move like that. Plus there was also the fact that they were still strangers...

And as far as Midori was concerned, he thought or believed himself to be asexual. He hadn't found anyone really that interesting... Besides he was sure he would end up by himself anyway, so Midori didn't feel the need to try. So with that all in mind, Midori let it slide. He really didn't care that Xen had kissed his cheek, if anything he would at least take it as a complement. "I know I am handsome, but learn to control yourself, Xen." Midori teased slightly, handing over the plate he had to Xen. It was for him anyway. "Here. Of course you can have some. I couldn't eat it all by myself."

Midori then served himself a plate, "You must be a heavy sleeper or something because I couldn't wake you up. It was difficult. Luckily, you wake up for food... So..." He hummed, "And what were you dreaming about anyway? You kept talking in your sleep... Something about your brother and your father? What was that about, if you don't mind me asking?" It was strange, Midori was actually calm right now... Probably because he was finally getting the food he wanted.

Xen's face turned dark red and he quietly took the plate, too embarrassed to say anything at all. However, once Midori mentioned his dreaming, his face looked downcast. "I...don't really remember my dad..so I wouldn't know.." He looked away and quietly ate what was given to him, but he knew that that comment was a half lie at best.

He hadn't seen his father since he was very little. He remembered some things about it, just not the kind of things you share with a stranger. They were horrible memories, he was a drunkard and didn't treat his family well. He ended up running away when he was nine, and managed to avoid orphanages until he was fourteen. After that, he shut himself up until he was old enough to move out of the orphanage.

Lucky for him, he wasn't young enough to be brainwashed, since the orphanage tried to drill religion into their kid's heads. But at the same time, he was forced to listen to them droning on about it for hours on end and so he didn't often feel so lucky. He ended up discovering manga through friends he made when he would sneak out and wander the little town he lived in at the time.

They were all perverts, and basically used it to jack off, but he found it as a little escape from his mundane life. Its what got him interested in the world of fiction and fantasy. He adored books now, and was an avid reader. If you couldn't tell from his book collection.

Listening to the comment Xen made, Midori's brows furrowed. He didn't really know what to say to that... He wondered what kind of childhood Xen had to have said that. In his dreaming state, Xen mentioned his father and brother... So he had a hard time believing that Xen didn't know them... Was it even possible to dream about someone you didn't remember?

The older man hummed softly to himself before grabbing himself a plate. He wasn't much of a talker when he ate... Though, as of recently he found himself slightly interested to figure out why Xen didn't have too many memories of his father... Yet he didn't want to be pushy. Perhaps Xen would talk about it when he was ready... It wasn't any of Midori's business anyway...

So Midori, in the end, decided to keep his mouth shut about the topic and decided he would fill his starving stomach. During this time he thought about his own family... Some of his traits came from them... Such as his drinking habits. Alcohol basically ran through his families veins. Though cigarettes were his own doing. Starting at high school... He had made that stupid choice to start smoking... All for someone he thought he liked... But who ultimately ditched him in the end... To an extent he was now addicted... Whether he wanted to admit it or not...

"Hey Xen..." He said after he was done eating. His nap, plus getting hugged -though he would never admit to it- and having a full stomach has now put Midori in a decently good mood. "Since... I'm feeling kind of better... Would you like some help unpacking? I am not saying we should do it all tonight... But I thought it would be more efficient if I helped you instead of being an ass like I was going to... I mean, I am supposed to live here with you so... I suppose I should help, right?" Midori's eyes glanced over at Xen, he had finished his plate too. "If that's okay with you... I guess you could put me to work." Hopefully it wouldn't be too strenuous.

Xen was actually licking his plate clean, and stopped mid-lick when Midori said that. He pulled back and licked each of his fingers before answering. Um..I got some weird package today for a bedframe, but I dunno how to put the thing together..Mind helpin me with that..? You can have my old bedframe when we are done, its rather nice, and relatively new.. just plain. I doubt you'd be into faerie, so I figured I'd take the new one.. Oh wait, do you know what faerie are?"

He spoke as he stood and went to the kitchen area, where some shuffling could be heard before he peeked his head into view. "Want any icecream? I have vanilla and cotton candy and mint choco chip. Plus a whole load of toppings." He went back into the kitchen and some drawers and cabinets could be heard before he came back into the room with a bowl full of pink and blue and green icecream, drizzled in what looked like caramel and topped with maraschino cherries and crumbled up bits of chocolate. In his other hand was a cup of brown colored soda, and a single scoop of vanilla icecream on top with a straw in it.

Xen is a major sweets addict, and snacks on sweets constantly. He couldn't even possibly eat all the sweets he keeps around, and bakes ten more for every one or two he eats. When he doesn't make something that is saccharine, he is making food so spicy it will make most people cry, or even need to go to the hospital in some cases. Of course, he can't tell that he put to much pepper or sugar, in fact, he thinks it tastes bland if it isn't saturated and coated in one or the other type of spice. He keeps wide ranges of peppers in his kitchen, along with hot sauces and other spices.

Xen sat his large dessert on the table and waited for Midori's order before thinking that he should get a plate of fruits.

• 2 weeks later...

Midori watched and listened to everything Xen said. He physically shrugged even though Xen wouldn't see it. "I suppose I can help you." It wouldn't be too bad he supposed, at least he would have a bed to sleep on. Thank goodness. His back hurt like hell if he slept on the floor, even ten minutes was enough to make him ache. The couch had made his back ache, but not as bad as it would have been had he laid on the floor. The couch was at least tolerable. It was a bed that saved his back from the aching pain. Sleeping on the floor was a quick way to get a grumpy Midori.

As he sat there he could hear Xen rummage around in the kitchen. What was he up to now? Probably nothing good Midori assumed. It didn't take long for Xen to come out, and yes, Midori was right. Xen had brought him sweets... Now Midori had a sweet tooth to an extent. The sweets that Midori favored most was actually anything with an alcoholic touch. Judging by the situation, it looked like Xen was offering to make him something which more than likely included ice cream. Well that was certainly okay because even though it was almost six in the afternoon anytime was a good time for alcohol. "Alright, alright... I shall have some ice cream too. I like the idea of a root beer float please... However, if you have it, get rid of the 'root' and just bring the beer. Lucinda took all mine." Midori huffed at the mention of the dreaded woman's name.

"Uh, thanks." Midori said awkwardly after a moment. He figured he should thanks Xen for getting him a dessert, regardless if he got actual beer or not. He would be happy with a normal float if that's what Xen would give him. Midori was still in a decent mood so he was open to anything that came his way right now. "I take it that you like sweets, him?" He hummed softly as his eyes traced Xen's small figure openly, tying to figure out how the hell he could stay so small. "Do you eat a lot? Makes me wonder how you stay so thin? You know there's such thing as too small, you know?" Midori shrugged, "But I'm not a Saint either, so... Do whatever the fuck makes you happy, man." He was pretty chill about this.