Abandon [18+] nikaanuk & Kulric

Kulric

Max ran as fast as he could. It was right behind him. He knew he hand no chance if he let it get him. Panting and scurrying to his room, he shut the door and dove into his closet. He shut his mouth, trying to quiet his breathing as it came closer. Suddenly, the doors flew open and it attacked.

"Got ya!" Matt growled and grabbed his little brother and started tickling his sides. Max yelped and flailed. "No, no! Matt!" He whined, flailing a little as he was tortured. He laughed though, shutting his eyes and curling up into a fetal position on the floor. Eventually Matt stopped and stood up. "Go get some exercise." He said sternly. Max immediately pouted and shook his head. "I really don't want to go outside." Matt thought about what to say next. "Just go pick up dinner and come back in a half hour." He left the room then, giving Max no time to argue...

Within fifteen minutes the boy was out and about, swinging his backpack over his shoulder and slipping on his Nikes. "Remember to get the sirloin steaks! Not chuck!" His mother called. "Yeah, yeah!" He left the house and walked down the sidewalk towards the supermarket nearby. He listened to his ACDC track on his phone, humming along as he started to jog to get his errand done faster. The college was just up ahead and as he past it he wondered if he'd go there like his father did. He knew his two older brothers, Sven and Daemon were going there now. They lived in the dorms and invited Max to come over a lot for movies and PG parties. Halloween was coming up and Max was excited. A party was going to be hosted in an abandoned house not too far from here. Lots of college kids were going to be there, but Sven promised his mother he'd keep Max safe for just an hour. Of course his mother still disagreed with the whole thing but in the end she gave in, knowing that some of Max's friends would be there as well. It wasn't really a town event either but rather a get together for the seniors of the high school and for the junior high too. The announcement of the party was all over Facebook and Twitter within a week before Halloween. A 'popular' jock named Devon was hosting the party. Seven to ten at night for the high school and juniors, then ten to two am for the college kids.

After grabbing the foods, Max started on home, taking his time and swinging the grocery bag back and forth and whistling. It was nearing nightfall already at five. He'd be home in a good half hour.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nikaanuk

• Kulric

Daniel was out at last. The weather was surprisingly nice for the late October and so he decided to take a walk. He was getting ready for next shooting so he needed to find a good location anyway. He walked slowly, enjoying the quiet evening and the time off. Skipping the last class today was the best idea he had this week.

As he entered the small park he noticed a young guy who caught his attention. Before thinking about it, he grabbed his camera and took two pictures of him and then turned towards the farer part of the park. He looked over his shoulder once more and smiled to himself. The light of the street lamp caught the boy for a moment and then he disappeared in he shadows again.

With a huff Max rounded the corner, seeing the park and sighed. Swinging sounded fun at the moment but he needed to go home... He suddenly stopped, seeing some movement and he looked towards it, and saw something go into the shadows. It was getting darker, so he just pulled up his hood of his hoodie and walked faster back to his house.

After school the next day, Max decided he'd go to the park. He wanted to swing all day so now was his chance. Just before going home he sat on the rubber seat of the swing and started to rock back and forth. He thought about seeing that shadow the other day and he frowned to himself. He wondered what it was. Maybe it was an animal? No... too busy with people around here. Maybe a hobo? Or a creeper?

He shivered at that thought. He hoped it wasn't that. But then again a lot of the college students went to the park to goof off or study when they wanted. It was just odd that the previous night no one had been around except for the shadow...

Max kicked the gravel and stopped himself from swinging anymore and looked off to where he had last seen that movement just yesterday..

"The girl needs to eat" Daniel reminded himself the next day going to the park.

After skipping his classes he took his bag and walked out. Devon hosted a halloween party and he wantd good pictures to upload on facebook. So he asked Daniel, because Daniel might not be the brightest student but he was a good photographer, passionate about his work.

As he came closer to the park, he saw the same teen as yesterdat, this time on the swing. With a strange feeling he reached to the bag for his camera and checked the yesterday photo: the teen was there, clear and visible, not a ghost but a human being. With a sigh of relief be took another picture of him and walked towards the house which stood on the very end of the other side of park.

Max kicked the gravel for the third time in a row. He looked up and at that moment he saw someone raise a camera. He cocked his head to the side, frowning. "Hey!" He shouted, jumping off the swing and grabbing his backpack. He darted over to the older male and eventually caught up with him with his decent speed.

"What'd you do that for?" He asked curiously, with a bit of an angry stare as he walked in front of the person. He didn't know who he was but he figured if the guy was taking pictures of him he should at least tell him his name. "You know you need permission most times to take pictures of others." He said matter-of-factly and stared up at him with a determined look to find out just what this guy was doing.

Daniel heard the teen but ignored him hoping he will let it go, he didn't. He stopped when the boy stood in front of him.

"Hi, sorry. I just liked the picture. You know, teens on the swings make a good composition" he explained with a shrug. "Honestly, the composition is the only thing I am after" he added because suddenly he thought that maybe he boy thought he is a kind of dangerous weirdo.

Max raised an eyebrow. "Com-po-what?" He shook his head. "You're weird. But if you're going to take pictures of me, just ask! I'll be in your shots if you need a subject!" He smiled at him. "And my name is Max. What's yours?" He went on his tiptoes and peered at him curiously. He suddenly crossed his arms over his small chest. "You're a college student aren't you? My brother Sven goes there. Daemon too... but he's not very active in his classes." He shrugged to himself, trying to explain to the stranger he knew some of the college kids.

What he didn't know was his name and the only thing he DID know was this guy liked taking pictures. Why not help him out a bit if he's studying?

"Curious little thing, aren't you?" Daniel chuckled feeling relieved that what looked like trouble for a moment seemed to be fine now."I'm Daniel. And the thing is called composition. Come, I'll show you."

He moved the bag on his other shoulder and stood next to the boy to show him the picture on the camera. "You see how you are in the centre and how the swing is kind of framing you? It's called composition. The most important thing with pictures."

He adjusted his bag and looked at the boy again. "You are not even highschool, aren't you?"

Max grinned a bit at the words. "Okay." He peeked over the guy's shoulder. He looked at the picture and raised his eyebrows. "Wow....that's really good. It's.... awesome in fact. " he grinned wider and looked up at the guy.

He shook his head. "Ninth grade." He confirmed, jolting a bit to get his backpack over his shoulder again. "So Daniel. Going to the party on Halloween?" He smiled again. "I am... but only for an hour." He fake pouted.

Daniel nodded. "Yeah, I go, someone has to take the pictures" he said and looked towards the end of the alley. "Are you free to go? I have something to do, you can come with me, if you like."

The boy was cute, he could learn few thins and Daniel hoped for few more pictures. In the end, that was what he came here for, right? If this will be a house or a boy, that was his call.

He smiled at him, turned off the camera for now and stepped towards the house.

With a tilt of his head and a curious, mischievous expression, Max thought about what he would do. On one hand, this guy seemed fun and interesting... but on the other he COULD be a creep..

"Hmmm.." Max thought. He didn't seem like a creep. He was totally nice and cool... Max loved adventure too. "No. My mom let's me stay out until 9." He grinned then started walking with Daniel. "So we going to your place... or?" He asked with a questioning look and head yet again tilting ever so slightly. 'Curiouser and curiouser...' thought Max.

Daniel raised his eyebrows at the question and laughed shaking his head.

"No way, it's not this kind of invitation!" He grinned and shook his head again. And here he was worried about the boy thinking of him as some kind of perv. "You know this Newmans old house? This one on the very end of the park? I'm going there. The party will be there. I need to take some pictures."

He looked at the teen and smiled when he noticed the shade his hair had in this lighting. Autumn sunlight clearly liked him.

"You know that the whole park belong once to the house?"

Max frowned again. "Newman's...?" He blinked then smiled. "Oh yeah! I know that place. I knew the party was there, but I didn't remember what it looked like." He nodded to the house in question then thought about what David said. "No I didn't. The whole lot? That's kinda cool." he looked over his shoulder at the swings they had just left behind.

Then his attention turned back to David. "I'll come to the house with you. We'll be like ghost investigators!" He chirped, excited for the adventure that was about to happen.

Reaching the house, he looked up at the old thing in awe. "Wow." He commented loudly, getting even more excited than before. He bounced a bit. "Let's go, David!" He smiled and then went up the old stairs.

"It's Daniel, actually, like this animal" he chuckled and took out his camera. He zipped up the bag and put it over his head on the other shoulder making sure it's safe and sound. It's not like he expected to run anytime soon but if it happens it's easier this way. He hoped there will be no running, with this kid around it could get dangerous.

"Now you must step aside, I need the picture of the entrance. And I have keys, so you won't come in anyway."

- - - Updated - - -

"It's Daniel, actually, like this animal" he chuckled and took out his camera. He zipped up the bag and put it over his head on the other shoulder making sure it's safe and sound. It's not like he expected to run anytime soon but if it happens it's easier this way. He hoped there will be no running, with this kid around it could get dangerous.

"Now you must step aside, I need the picture of the entrance. And I have keys, so you won't come in anyway."

((My phone wrote David... oh god. I'm sorry!))

Max flushed darkly, embarrassed. "I'm sorry, Daniel..." He smiled a little though as he saw the other didn't seem to mind too much. He looked at him and backed up away from the entrance, running to his side. "I like how the sunset is making the white show up on the door. The paint is all chipped but still." He observed, sort of getting the idea of what photography was like. He liked it too, in fact, it was very magical almost. Capturing moments that could mean the world to you in the future.

He crossed his arms over his chest and viewed the surroundings. But as he looked up at the third floor window, he frowned. "There's....someone up there." He said, pointing to said window. He had just seen a face in the glass and then it was gone within seconds. Max shivered. "Wow... maybe this place IS haunted." He bit his lip, then grinned. "All right! Let's go catch it!" He chirped.

Daniel looked up from where he was taking another photo. "What? Impossible, I have the key and the place is locked... Or so I've heard. Maybe there's another entrance?" He looked at the windows but saw nothing. He decided to go with the explanation that this is just someone making fun of them. "And we're not going for ghost hunting, I'm working here."

He came to the door and unlocked them.

"You see, photography is easy when you know how to look at things" he said and took a photo of the main hall. "They were doing some works here lately, that's good,the place isn't completely ruined." He said and entered.

/don't worry abot the name! :D

Well that was eerie. Max frowned to himself, still looking at the window. "Yeah... work..." He said, following the other and stepping inside. He took in a sharp breath. "Wow. Old but beautiful." He said in awe, looking around the corner into the once living room. "Look there's a fireplace." He smiled and went over to it. It was marble and pieces of it were missing but it would still work.

"I wonder if Devon is going to clean it all up first." Max thought aloud.

He went back to Daniel. "I like this photography thing." He grinned goofy, all wide and bright eyed, sunlight just hitting his eyes from the setting sun. "We should hurry a little before the sun fully sets so you get good lighting!" He started up the staircase slowly so he didn't break anything. It creaked even under his light weight. "I wonder what's upstairs?" He asked, looking up high.

Daniel was busy downstairs taking pictures of the rooms and of the view outside throught the main windows in the large living room.

"I have no idea what's up there, probably just more rooms. Wait for me a moment, okay?" he asked and looked at Max. "I'll be ready in few. Can you check if the back door open? I want to see the garden."

He knew the plan of the house a little, he saw it once to make sure that he won't miss any interesting place. Except of the places he wanted to photograph there was a certain request from Devon. He wanted to do now he things he needed to and then what he wanted.

"I'm not afraid of the dark, are you?" he asked wit a smile.

"Hell no!" Came the cry from upstairs, answering Daniel's question. Max was looking around, finding small items here and there. All dusty it seemed too. No one had touched them in years. He caught something out of the corner of his eye and saw a glint of gold. He turned his head to see a old vase on the bedroom table. He walked over and peered into it, seeing his reflection look back with big eyes. He trailed a finger down the dusty metal and left his mark. He smiled to himself, then turned to go, but then saw something else. A small box that was wooden right by the vase.

He opened it after a hesitant moment and instantly a pretty melody started playing. It was a music box then. He listened to it, not recognizing the song but liking it. There was nothing in the box he noticed, just worn red velvet. He shut it after a bit, then stood up. "I found a music box!" He called cheerfully and popped his head out of the room to find Daniel.

Daniel's head turned immediately when he heard the sound. Any music playing in this empty house could scare the shit out of him. For a moment the song filled the house, like it was sinking into the old rooms and the rest of the broken furniture. Then he heard Max and he took a long shaky breath.

"I can hear that! Don't do this again!"

He looked again at the living room which started to fill with dark violet light now, when the sun set, and climbed the stairs carefully not to fall down. He hoped that the two weeks they had until the party were enough for Devon to fix the interior of the house.

Once upstairs he took a photo of the corridor in the last of the sunlight and joined Max.

"What did you find?"

Max smiled up at Daniel and pointed to the music box. "That." He went over and then pointed to it. "It's pretty, huh? I kind of want it." With a turn of his head he looked out the window. So this was the room he had seen the face in.

He frowned, suddenly getting creeped out and looked around quickly. "So.. what do you want to take pictures of?" He asked nervously, trying to distract himself from his uneasiness.

He took his backpack off and opened it up, picking up a pencil and his sketch book. He started drawing, sketching out the music box with his tongue sticking out every so often in concentration.

Daniel came closer to see the musicbox and took a photo of it. He winked at Max who was still sketching and then walked around the room. It looked like there were the most remainings of the old life in this room. He took few pictures, one of Max sketching, and then moved to the next room. With a little light left he couldn't do much and despite what he said to Max earlier, he felt nervous wandering along the corridor. There was a door at the end, dark brown with a goldish knob. Just after a minute he realised that he's standing motionless and staring at the door.

When the other had winked at him, Max blushed a bit then gave him the biggest cheesiest grin he could. "Heh." He chuckled, finishing up his drawing of the music box. He hummed the tune to himself and walked out of the room to find Daniel just.. standing there.

He frowned, walking up to him. "Daniel? You okay?" He asked softly, so not to scare him. He put a hand on his arm, cautious about what he did. "What's wrong?" He looked at the door and felt a chill go up his spine. Something was off...

"C-Can we go?" Max asked under his breath, getting a little spooked by the surroundings. He knew it was just an old house, but there was something wrong with it.

Daniel looked at Max and it seemed like this broke the spell. He nodded, took one more photo of the door and then turned away.

"Let's go. I'll come back in the morning on Saturday" he decided. "You okay? You look pale" he didn't want this to sounf like a dare, he just noticed the change in the teen.

• 1 month later...

Max nodded shakily. "Just.. cold." He said softly then started walking out of the house. Once they were outside he felt better and he stretched. "Mmm..." He cracked his back then looked to Daniel. "I'll be going home now. I just live down the street." He nodded towards a bunch of houses to the left of them. "I'll see you soon?" He asked somewhat hopefully.

The sun was gone, and the darkness crept over the skies, sending the stars out over the horizon.

- - - Updated - - -

Max nodded shakily. "Just.. cold." He said softly then started walking out of the house. Once they were outside he felt better and he stretched. "Mmm..." He cracked his back then looked to Daniel. "I'll be going home now. I just live down the street." He nodded towards a bunch of houses to the left of them. "I'll see you soon?" He asked somewhat hopefully.

The sun was gone, and the darkness crept over the skies, sending the stars out over the horizon.