Like Love (based on Even Though You're a Man, I Still Love you by Angelina)

xkuroxhimex

I didn't see any threads on this movie and didn't see much in the Drama Download section of the forums on it. I was wondering if there was anyone else in the forums who has watched the entire movie. I recently watched the uncut version after much trouble trying to find it. I don't even remember how I came across it.

In my opinion, the entire story is pretty cheesy and has several cliches, but even then it's really cute. The actors Kong Chuinan (An Ziyan) and Huang Lige (Mai Ding) are really great and I feel like they have good chemistry. Their acting is quite enjoyable throughout the entire movie and it's so convincing that I've fallen for them as a couple. Also, I think they're both really adorable, especially Mai Ding. From what I heard, this is going to be a trilogy; the new one has been announced for release in September this year. I've gotten really excited about the release of it. I'm also really curious about the new characters they're going to introduce.

This movie made me curious about the novel so I searched for it to try and read it. I'm quite pleased with how closely the movie matches the book. Of course, it can't be an exact match, but it's still really close to it and that's very pleasing to me.

So yes, is there anyone else out there who has seen Like Love? What do you think about it? If you haven't seen it already, are you willing to give it a try?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xkuroxhimex

• Asuka11011

• hellion13

• fairly

I've seen Like Love, I've watched, the cut version, the uncut, and the series one, which are all the same but the uncut version has all the kissing scenes and bed scenes.

The couple, they're super adorable. I think that the main characters portray it very well. The movie itself is entertaining and it has this perfect chemistry between the two handsome guys.

I was very excited to watch the other ones, and impatiently waiting because I fell in love with these two and can't wait to see them again.

I've watched it countless times. Still can't get enough over them. They are super duper adorable, indeed. No doubt about their skill acts. I came accross, It will be going season 2 this year which is to be release in Septmber. The movie itselgf called Nobody Knows But Me. I hope someone keep eyes on them. And the least, hope someone upload the link on here.

leaf3:leaf15:

I'm glad to know that there are fans out there. I know they have a big fan base in China because they're so popular, but I see very little on them from international fans. I have to browse the 你是男的我也爱 tag on Tumblr to find stuff on them. It's a little hard. I've also watched some interviews in Chinese without subs. I really do hope their international fan base grows. I think they're great and this movie has made me a really happy fangirl. I love Japanese BL movies, but some of them are lacking the realistic factor. I hate when they pan the camera for kisses or when they block the kiss with their body. In the end it's acting and that's why I admire these two actors. They really go all out yo make me believe that their relationship is the real deal. ^_^

I agree. I'm a fan of boys love, the story is interesting, the characters are charming and handsome, and some prtray their character very well. Japanese boys love is still lacking. I agree that their kissing scenes are dull, not realistic and they cover it. It's just acting but they do not show it or make it more cheezingly realistic. Although, it still cute and adorable and the story is different, I rather watch bl movies than some cliche romantic movies.IMO. Anyways, still waiting for the other movie to come out and Been watching this movie for so many times.!!

• 3 weeks later...

i just recently found out this movie and i fell inlove with it..

the couple is so cute, and you cant just get enough..

if you want to watch some bts of them with eng sub you can go to Karrie Huang on YT, she have some videos of them :) and also the trailer for the second and ofcourse with eng sub :) after i watched it i just keep on repeating it XD Ziyan is so cool XD

• 2 months later...

I recently watched the second movie Nobody Knows But Me. I felt like they really hyped it up with their dramatic trailer and honestly they weren't wrong. I really liked it! I'm also really happy that they released it with subs. They really thought about us international fans. Has anybody seen it yet.b There is one scene I loved so much that I listened to the song driving to and from work for a week.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm glad to know that there are fans out there. I know they have a big fan base in China because they're so popular, but I see very little on them from international fans. I have to browse the 你是男的我也爱 tag on Tumblr to find stuff on them. It's a little hard. I've also watched some interviews in Chinese without subs. I really do hope their international fan base grows. I think they're great and this movie has made me a really happy fangirl. I love Japanese BL movies, but some of them are lacking the realistic factor. I hate when they pan the camera for kisses or when they block the kiss with their body. In the end it's acting and that's why I admire these two actors. They really go all out yo make me believe that their relationship is the real deal. ^_^

I agree. I discovered this through 'recommended' lists generated by youtube or dailymotion when I was watching Thai show called Lovesick Series. I just finished watching it.

I agree, it doesn't seem to have much international fame or a big fanbase, at least compared to Counterattacks the series. [Anyone see the resemblance between the two semes???] When I tried to search it by its multiple titles [gee, just stick with one!] but counterattack series keep showing up, as it seems to shadow over this series due to international recognition.

In my opinion, I think Counterattack is better than this series, because I felt Like Love was a rushed work, but I admit, I never read its manga so I can't judge on how true it is. I was so confused with the first few episodes that I thought I missed the sequel or the first part. They established their relationship so quickly. But I truly enjoy their kisses and bed scenes, which I found more satisfying than Counterattack, and their chemistry was great (Japan, please ffs take notes!!) I think the uke was so adorable, especially without glasses. I've seen photos of him- WHOA, he is certainly handsome. So dreamy!

from Dynasty of Like Love Lovers FB page~ ISs that even him??? 12246918_1629001444031938_5313083565605368271_n.jpg?oh=16818c6153a0762bb6cc6265fc0f40b4&oe=56ADDADF

I can't say I'm excited for season 2. But when I have more time, I will watch it soon.