Taken [KamekazePrince and Koe-chan]

BlaqueCatt

wl90lc.jpg

Landon Avery

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 119 pounds

Hair Color: Ashen Black

Eye Color: Gray

Other: Landon received most of his physical traits from his mother, as she had black hair and gray eyes. His hair is a lighter, more grayish-black due to his father's influence. He resembles his father when he was young. He also took his mother's surname after he discovered what his father had done to her. He lives in an apartment near his college and is currently dating a young woman who attends the same college as him. He tries to live a normal life, and his part-time jobs keep him distracted, but what happened to his mother is still fresh in his mind. He does not know that his father was released from prison.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• KamekazePrince

"Excuse me? I'm ready to pay." An older blonde woman stood at the front of a polished wooden counter, her arms full of miscellaneous plastic-wrapped packages. She had an amused smirk on her face as she watched the young man manning the cash register. He was trying to do too many things at once, it seemed. With his left hand he was sorting the items that the previous customer had decided to return before leaving the convenience store, and his right hand was busy shaking out a box of scratch tickets in an attempt to remove them from their container single-handedly. He almost dropped the bottle of soda that he was holding in his left hand when he heard her, and she lifted a hand to her mouth to hold in a snort once he turned around; he was holding a packet of scratch tickets in his mouth. "Or, I can come back when you're less busy...?"

Landon's cheeks reddened at her teasing tone, and he hastily put soda bottle on the floor, removing the packet from between his teeth. "Um, sorry about that," he stuttered, running his fingers through his messy black hair, "I, um, I didn't see you come in..." She laughed and placed her packages onto the counter before reaching into her purse.

"It's no problem, honey. I come here often enough to know that there should be someone else working with you today." He gave her a relieved smile and visibly relaxed, reaching out and grabbing a few items.

"Uh, yeah. The guy who's usually with me is sick, but the manager couldn't find a replacement in time." He ran the bar-codes of the packages across the scanner implanted into the counter, glancing at the screen of the register every now and then to make sure everything was in order. The things the woman had bought weren't fragile or heavy, but he used two bags just in case. "That's $25.00," he informed her after pressing a button. She made a face and took the bag from him before handing over the money.

"Ugh. Things are so expensive nowadays!" Landon bobbed his head in agreement, closing the register. The woman gave him another friendly smile, and he briefly waved to her as she exited the store. She had been the only customer present, and now he was alone. He sighed and leaned against the counter, blearily staring out the window with big gray eyes, his bangs slightly obscuring his vision.

I'm so tired, he mentally complained, wishing he could slip on his red and black headphones; music would keep him awake. I should not have played so many video games last night. He grinned to himself as he remembered how many times he had leveled up, then sighed and shook his head. Focus. Lifting his hands above his head, he stretched, his black t-shirt riding up his stomach slightly. It was spring, but he was still wearing his black jeans and black and red hoodie; after getting burned as a kid, he had a great hatred towards the sun. I haven't been to the beach since then... His smile faded as he remembered his last day at the beach. He had been with his mother and father...

"Don't think about him," he hissed to himself, eyes narrowing in anger. His hands clenched into fists, and he hung his head, taking a moment to breathe and calm himself. Forget him. He's gone. Locked up. He forced open his eyes, which had been squeezed shut, and bent over to pick up the bottle on the floor. It's still the afternoon, and I'm stuck here for three hours. I can't let myself think about him for that long. He glanced at his pocket, wishing he could turn on his phone and call Betty, his girlfriend, but she was in class at the moment. I can't keep relying on her like this. She has her own life too. He felt a sharp pang in his chest. Maybe I should listen to her and find someone to talk to about this...

2vamubn.jpg

Brian Lancelot

Height: 5’11’’

Weight: 170 lbs

Hair Color: Dirty blonde neck-length tousled hair

Eye Color: Amber

Appearance: Well-built, muscular with big, powerful arms. Reddened lips, tends to pick at them.

Backstory:

In the summer of 1995, 17-year old Brian and his lover Sarah were foolishly in love. They conceived a son and hastily got married. But their happiness was not to last. Over a period of five years, tensions and quarrels sprung between the two. Sarah, driven mad by her husband’s unstable and hate-filled behaviour petitioned for a divorce in court, much to Brian's vexation. One day during one of their spats, he murdered her in a fit of fury. Charged with a 'crime of passion', he was sentenced to 15 years of prison.

It is the spring of 2015 and Brian has just been released.

I waited in my car. I was gazing intently at him through the darkened windshield that even the harsh noon sun could not penetrate. My fingers were inadvertently pricking at my lips, my eyes nearly burning a hole through the glass as I stared at him.

Landon Avery, they said his name was. Funny that he should take his mother's surname... He had black hair and was wearing a black hoodie and t-shirt. I squinted through the glass, my eyes running down his body. His hair, eyes, nose, lips, chin… Which features of mine did he inherit? I hadn’t seen him for fifteen years and he was only five then. He probably wouldn’t even recognise me now. I wondered if he'd remember anything from back then. I suddenly felt the urge to go and say hi to him, but I stopped myself. This place just wasn’t right. It was so exposed, so unromantic.

I’d watch him daily from the tinted windshield of my car parked a few houses from his apartment. He would stay up late night in his bedroom, flashing lights through his window. Probably playing games. I couldn’t make out much besides a dim outline at best.

But there was a woman. And it enraged me ! I saw her a couple of times, holding hands intimately with him. Then they would disappear into the apartment for hours. Sometimes when he was alone I would see him pace up and down his living room with a phone in hand. Oh, it must have been her. It was so foolish of him! I must rescue him, I resolved myself. I will be there for him this time to show him that the only one he needs is me.

My thoughts trailed off as I gazed at his figure. He was alone now, his big grey eyes staring straight at me, though he didn’t know it. I stared back eagerly. Sometimes, he makes me wonder if he is a goddess, one of those angels that descended to earth. His every move is so angelic and perfect, I wouldn’t tire of drinking from him.

I found myself bleeding from the lips a little. I quickly put away my hands and turned aside. I gripped the steering wheel and stared at it for a while. It had taken so much effort to locate him and now that I’d found him, I just had one thing left. I had to make sure it was him. That it was really my son, Landon Lancelot... I smiled giddily at the very thought. I ran my head through the entire procedure as my hands raced through the pockets of my navy blue utility jacket. Satisfied at having gone over it for the tenth time, I dropped my hands to my knees. I had nothing to do but wait till darkness fell.

The young man refused to dwell on the past. Though his memories of his time with his mother and father were vague at best, the emotions that surfaced with them held incredible intensity. Just the blurred image of his mother's face was enough to cause his breath to catch in his throat. He tried to counter his sorrow with hatred for his father, but his anger did not burn for long, and when the fire died he was left with aching sadness. He had been very young when he witnessed his father attack his mother in a fit of rage. Neither of them knew that he had been there, peeking out from the doorway and watching in horror. The nightmares he had suffered afterwards were indescribable, and the counselors he had visited all had said that they were so brutal because he had blocked the actual memory, and his fears had changed the events. Even now, years later, he woke up sweating a crying without knowing just what he had been dreaming about. Landon cared for Betty, but he worried that she would grow tired of having to console him.

His hand clenched around the neck of the soda bottle as he felt tears prick his eyes. Not now. It had been some time since he had broken down in a public place, and he wasn't about to let that change. Landon shook his head and quickly wiped at his eyes with his sleeve before clearing his throat and walking around the counter. He opened one of the small refrigerators on the wall and placed the bottle in it's proper place. After he shut the door, he noticed a puddle of blue on the floor near the back. He groaned and ruffled his hair agitatedly, the static between the strands and his black fingerless gloves causing his hair to stick up strangely. Ugh, those stupid kids! A group of boys had been shopping earlier.

"They could have at least told me before leaving," he mumbled, heading back to the counter to grab a mop. "Now it's probably stuck to the floor..." The rest of the day was uneventful for Landon. Many more customers came, as was the usual for a convenience store, but none of them caused any issues. The young man welcomed the distracted, and though the sun was setting as he handed the shift over to another employee, he felt better than he had earlier.

I wonder if I have any leftovers. He hummed softly as he walked down the sidewalk, hand sin his pockets, kicking a pebble in front of him. He paused, however, when he saw a car with tinted windows across the street. Hasn't that been there all day? The sight of the car made him shiver, and he looked away. Weird.

I started the engine as soon as I saw him step out. It was 7:06 pm on my watch. I drove off in the opposite direction towards Central Park.

I had familiarised myself with the route he took, lasting 12 minutes. He would walk down the main road for 6 minutes, take the cutting towards the Park, walk along the Western perimeter for 4 minutes and then turn left into his lane.

The park was practically abandoned, infested with wild weeds and shrubs. Both sides of the road along its Western boundary were enveloped in a long pergola hugged by a massive overgrowth of vine. The creepers formed a sort of canopy over the top, not entirely covering it, but providing sufficient seclusion. The few buildings on its side were mostly shops or flats with their backs turned. It might have been a nice and romantic spot, if it were not for the dull hum from the abandoned foliage, a soulless chirping. A beautiful haven that had decayed by years of neglect. It was desolate and despairing. It was perfect for us.

I parked my SUV behind the Western hedges, hidden from his trail. It provided excellent cover, though the crime that was about to happen would be the first. It was 7:08 pm on my watch. I had 4 minutes left. I extracted my paraphernalia and set to work. 2 minutes to go. I emptied the vial onto the scented cloth. It was hissing vapours. I stashed away the rest within the trunk of the car. 1 minute. I clutched the damp, fuming cloth, careful not to inhale its vapours and waited among the hedges. It would be anytime now...

It was a crude plan, but a plan nonetheless. Any other plan would take too long. I'd have to get acquainted with him first, do him a favour or two and then gain his trust. I couldn't wait that long. It would be torture, to go about treating my son like an indifferent acquaintance, when the rousing flames of love and lust were pounding at my chest. We had so much to catch up too, we couldn’t wait another day. My heart raced giddily and I bit my lip down to steady myself. Anytime now...

Landon managed to hold onto the stone for several blocks. He may have thought it was stupid to go out of his way to kick the rock back onto the sidewalk, but the process was entertaining enough to keep his mind clear and he continued to do so. Just as he turned the corner that would bring him to the park, the rock skipped a few feet away from him and ended up falling through a sewer grate. He huffed, the long exhale of breath causing his bangs to flutter. Well, it was fun while it lasted. He smirked self-deprecatingly; it was ridiculous for a grown man like himself to be playing with a rock in the middle of the street. Well, it's not like I have anything better to do. The thought was depressing and the smirk faded. Betty was visiting her parents, and he had always had trouble making friends, so he was alone for the rest of the week.

"Get a life," he muttered darkly to himself, shoving his hands into his coat pockets. Though it was spring, the nights were cold and he was glad that he hadn't given in to Betty's insistent pleas for him to wear shorts. She'd be the one freezing, he reassured himself, shuddering as he made his way across the street. Soon he was at the edge of the park heading north; he only had a little ways to go before he reached his apartment. Hey, isn't that the car from earlier? The sight of the tinted windows and familiar license plate instantly made him wary, and he bit his lip, hesitating before continuing. It's probably just a coincidence... And yet, he kept his eyes open, hoping that he wasn't about to witness a woman getting attacked by some gang.

Suddenly Landon became aware of a presence behind him. He whipped around, wide grays eyes searching through the darkness. "Hello?"

He was always very mature for his age. Very calm. He put it all inside him until it erupted within him and he couldn’t handle it. Everytime it happened, I would rush to him and carry him in my arms, close to my bosom. I would lovingly whisper to him as I brushed his tiny tears, “Papa will always be there for you.”

Fate had a cruel way of mocking my words.

I sprung to my senses as I caught sight of him. I waited, I waited.

Before he realised what was going on, I lunged at his back and grabbed him by the wrists. With one swift move, I slammed my knee onto his back and shoved him to the ground, the left side of his face ramming into the floor with a thud. I sank my knee deeper into his spine. He was pinned, the weight of my whole body crushing down on him. “Don’t move, don’t make a sound,” I growled over his neck. His face was pressed against the gravel, his hands under the firm grip of my left arm. With my free arm I stuffed the fuming cloth under his face and pressed it against his nose. It would take a couple of inhalations before the chloroform worked its effect.

Though only a few seconds passed, it felt like an eternity, as if time were moving in slow-motion. The only sounds he heard were his own heavy breathing and the erratic thumping of his heart, and all he saw was all-encompassing darkness. Then, something appeared in his peripheral vision. It was fast, much too fast for him to keep up with, and a shocked gasp was torn from his throat when someone grabbed his wrists and slammed into him. He hit the ground with a muffled thud, wincing as gravel dug into the skin of his cheek. “Don’t move, don’t make a sound,” the attacker snarled, and Landon let out a soft yelp of pain as the man - the person's voice was very masculine - forcefully pushed against him with all of his body weight.

Adrenaline coursed throughout the young man's body as his "fight-or-flight" instinct kicked in. Despite what the man had said, he struggled, digging the heels of his sneakers into the gravel beneath him in an attempt to get a good footing. He thrashed his upper body, not noticing the fact that his actions were causing the rocks he was pressed against to cut into his face. His body was twisted, as he was on his back but his face was pressed into the ground, and he tried to use this position to gain momentum and push the attacker off of him with his legs. However, he had not anticipated the man's strength, and soon he was panting from exertion. It took him several moments to realize that a cloth was being held over his mouth and nose, which was the answer to the question, Why is it so hard to breathe?

Landon's panic spiked; if he was being drugged, then this was not a random attack by a man who was in need of cash. This had been planned, and he suspected that he was going to be kidnapped. He was still squirming in the man's hold, but his movements were becoming sluggish. His eyelids drooped, and his heart and breathing were slowing on their own accord. His mind became hazy, and his process of thinking of those who would want to do this to him was brought to a halt. Eventually he stilled, and his eyes slipped shut with a quiet exhale of breath. He went limp beneath the man, and it appeared as though he was sleeping.

He thrashed under me for a few seconds before he went limp. I continued to hold the cloth under him for a few more seconds and then removed it. I brushed my finger over his eyelashes. They didn’t flicker. I paused and carefully pressed my finger against his eyelid, opening it, to reveal the whites of his eye. He was unconscious. It would last at least six hours.

I hoisted him by the shoulders and slid one arm underneath them, gathering his legs up with the other. I carried him over to the car gently and lay him in the back seat. I got inside, shut the door and drew out a syringe and a couple of alcohol swabs. “This won’t hurt a bit,” I whispered. I rolled up the left sleeve of his coat and let my hands run over his exposed forearm for a while, searching for a vein. I stopped a few inches from his elbow and rubbed the spot with alcohol before I sank the syringe into his skin, drawing blood. Having drawn enough, I capped the needle and slipped the syringe into my pocket. It was warm. It was curiously arousing. “…Are you really Landon Lancelot?” The words spilled from my lips, my head spinning excitedly. It would be hours before we found out.

I drove us to his apartment and parked the car at the entrance. “We’re home,” I announced to the unconscious man and got out. I was shivering. It was a cold night. I slipped one arm around his torso and hauled him out. I could see the vapors of my breath condense amidst his hair. I shuddered and carried him up the stairs to his door. Luckily, I didn’t meet anyone on the way.

I found the key jingling in his pockets. I entered and brought him to his bedroom. I carefully lay him in bed. Kneeling beside him, I let my hand softly caress his forehead. My heart stirred. …Of course, you are my son…I just know it. My hands brushed through his black strands, my lips inches away from his. I inhaled deeply. He had a babylike scent. He was breathing very softly, an expression of peace written on his face. At that moment, he looked so unguarded. So pristine. I almost felt a sense of guilt as I tucked him under the covers and kissed him on the forehead, careful not to betray my lust just yet. “Goodnight.”

I got up and started walking around, examining the room and its contents. I wanted to see, I wanted to know more about him.

[OOC: Could you describe his home a bit in the next post? =) ]

As expected of a college student, Landon's apartment was rather small. The entrance led to a narrow hallway, which branched off into four rooms. The bedroom was to the left of the door, and the gathering room was directly across from the doorway. The kitchen and bathroom could be found to the right of the door. All of the rooms had furniture stuffed into them, making the already oppressive space seem even more cramped. There was nothing more than a toilet and a shower in the bathroom, which had only enough room for a single person, and the living room consisted of a ragged couch, a wooden chair, and an old television. The lights in the hallway flickered, and the wallpaper was peeling in many areas. There was a strange, musty scent in the air, and the atmosphere was very dark and lonely. The only fully-functioning light was hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen.

The tiled floor of the kitchen was cracked, and the counter was cluttered with papers from classes. Most of the cabinets were empty and devoid of food products; there were very few plates, cups, and utensils. The refrigerator made an odd whirring sound, as if it were in pain, and it too was sparse. On the table there was a plastic container of pasta that was still warm. On the cover was a note written in elegant handwriting,

Landon,

I know that you haven't been eating enough, so I asked Melissa to deliver the food I made for you while I'm visiting my parents. Make sure you eat it; I'll know if you're lying. I'll see you in a few days.

- Betty

The note was signed with a little heart next to the woman's name. Other than the colorful note, the apartment lacked a personal touch. That was, at least, until one entered the bedroom.

Instead of yellowed wallpaper, the walls were covered with light charcoal paint. The floor was made of polished wood, the ceiling was white, and the sideboards were a warm mahogany-red color. Almost every inch of the walls were covered in posters that displayed video games, such as Skyrim and Assassin's Creed, as well as posters of various bands, including AFI, Three Days Grace, Panic! at the Disco and Breaking Benjamin. The bed was small and made with black cotton sheets, and there was a desk that was overflowing with papers and books. A laptop rested in the center of the desk, complete with a headset and a gaming mouse. Clothes were strewn across the floor, and the wardrobe leaning against the wall was open, several shirts hanging out. On the end-table next to the bed was a tissue box, a cheap alarm clock, and a bottle of pills that treated anxiety; they were supposed to lessen Landon's nightmares.

The young man on the bed lay still, his chest rising and falling gently. There was no response when the man pressed his lips against Landon's forehead, just as there had been nothing when the needle was inserted into his arm. He was dead to the world, and would be like that for several hours.

I found my hand running over all the things in his bedroom. Every object there was infused with his touch, his individuality. I let my eyes linger for a while on the multitude of posters. I was surprised. He was very much a real person, with likes and dislikes, with a personality, with a mind of his own ! In my head, he didn’t have an identity apart from being my son.

I turned back at his still form, breathing very quietly. I had come and I would leave just like that, careful not to leave even a mark on him. I wanted to linger there for a while longer, just press myself against him and feel his warmth on me. But that would have to wait.

I took one last look at his noble face and felt a prick of guilt. At that level of chloroform dosage, he would probably wake up the next morning with a bad headache, retching and heaving, possibly bed-ridden for the day. At least I will be there to take care of him, I pacified myself.

I took an imprint of the house key. I also extricated the wallet from his coat pocket, out of some impulsive reason. Maybe he’ll think it was a robbery. Lazy of me, but I shrugged it off. I walked outside into an insipid hall. There was not much of excitement there except for a note on his table. I began picking away at my lips as I read. An inexplicable rage surged within me. I felt a prick of pain as my nails dug into my lips. I hurriedly crumpled the paper, put it in my pocket and left.

“I presume the samples must be discarded afterwards?” The pudgy old man wagged his eyebrow at me. “Right, Sherry, the men wanted complete anonymity,” I told him casually. I was standing in his tiny apartment, a dilapidated building in a shady neighbourhood. He was an old colleague of mine, apart from which he also served time with me for a while. Organ trafficking or something. I watched him tenderly inspect the two vials, one containing my blood and the other containing Landon’s. I began rapping my foot impatiently as he carefully set them on his table. “How soon will I know the results?” “Tomorrow morning at the earliest,” he replied calmly. “That should do,” I rejoined, somewhat pleased. Indeed, that should do.

The drive back home was excruciatingly long. Our abodes were seven miles apart. Not for long, I smiled. In another 24 hours, we two would be in greater intimacy than two men could ever be. I felt my lips curl and I drove blindly like a madman. I hadn’t quite planned out the exact course of action if the paternity test was positive. How will I reveal it to him? What will he say? Somewhere amidst these anxious thoughts, I reached home and dropped onto my couch, falling asleep after what seemed like an eternity.

Landon was rudely awakened by his alarm clock, the shrill beeping of which caused his head to pound. He let out a low groan, his eyelids fluttering as he struggled to regain consciousness. The warm golden rays of sunlight that crept in through the cracks in the curtains no longer brought with them a sense of comfort; instead, their presence was like a needle digging into the back of the young man's eyes. Once they were open, he hissed in pain and squeezed them shut, throwing up an arm to block the light. It was as though he were suffering from a hangover - his entire body ached and he was still dressed - and he would have blamed it on alcohol if not for the fact that his mind was still fuzzy and that his face stung as if he had been scratched.

He laid still for a few moments, focusing on his breathing and trying to will away the pain that was lancing through his body. Eventually the harsh banging on the inside of his skull lessened, and his eyes only ached dully. With a sigh he forced his eyes open and sat up, gazing blearily around the room. His vision was blurred, and he had to blink a few times for it to clear. He relaxed slightly once he realized where he was, and he flopped back down onto the bed with a huff, rolling onto his side to check the time. He jerked back in shock when he saw just how late he was. Shit! I should have been ready an hour ago! He rushed to stand and instantly wished he hadn't; his head swam and he swayed, suddenly feeling lightheaded. He staggered and grabbed onto the back of his desk chair to steady himself.

What the hell? Landon was never like this after he drank, and he rarely had enough to make him like this anyway. What happened? I never drink on weekdays... The sting on the right side of his cheek flared, and he brought a hand to his face, recoiling when he felt blood and dirt on his skin. Was I in a fight? The last thing I remember is walking home from work... His eyes widened and he paled considerably when memories of the night came flooding back. He remembered being attacked near the park, and the voice of the man who had knocked him out. "He didn't kidnap me?" the brunette questioned aloud, confusion and unease clear in his voice. "Then why did he drug me?" He felt his pockets and discovered that his wallet was missing. He robbed me...but why drug me to take my wallet? He was strong enough to hold me down...and why bring me home? He froze, his blood chilling. "How did he know where I live?" he whispered, his breath catching in his throat.

Who was he? What did he do to me? Landon lurched towards the door, staggering down the hall and into the bathroom. He quickly stripped, fervently checking his body for signs of abuse. His body was trembling, and visions of his mother;s death were flashing across his vision. To his relief there were no obvious marks, except for a small puncture wound on his arm. Did he...inject me with something? The young man's legs gave out, and he crumpled onto the floor, breathing heavily. Calm down, calm down...he didn't hurt you,, so it's okay, right? He wanted to call Betty, but his phone was no longer on him and he doubted he was steady enough to search for it.

The news came next morning. I woke up in a haze at the sound of my phone ringing. “Hello?” I giddily mumbled. It was Sherry. “The result is positive,” he said. My heart leapt a little loop. “With a 99 percent accuracy at least,” he added. I was ecstatic and jumped to my feet, though my voice didn't give it away, “Thanks Sherry.” “No problem. I’ll mail you the reports.” I thanked him and ended the call. For a few minutes I simply swayed on the spot, agape, staggering under the impact of those words. I knew it, I had a hunch, right from the beginning... I dashed to my computer, downloaded the reports and read it over and over again till my eyes tired of it. My face flushed with delight as I printed the report, running my fingers over the letters in bold, smudging it a bit. ::POSITIVE::

I had made up my mind. I notified the watchman that I would be away for a while. I stuffed Landon’s keys and wallet in my pocket and locked the door. My suitcases were transferred into the car. I hurriedly drove off towards his apartment. My head raced giddily. How should I tell him? How would he react?

I had reached his house even before I knew it. I used his keys to open the door noiselessly. An empty silence greeted me. I gingerly stepped inside and locked the door behind me. A waft of stale air settled on me. I welcomed it. The shutters were drawn, though a few rays had managed to streak through, barely lighting the room. The house was otherwise dark and desolate, perfect for our first date. My hands grazed over the 9mm pistol in the holster under my jacket. After a moment’s hesitation, I bit my lip and drew it. The gun was not to attack him, he was far too weak anyway. The gun was to remind him of his place, to keep him obedient.

I silently crept across the hallway and into his bedroom. His rumpled bed was empty. I darted my eyes around and towards the bathroom. The door was wide open. My eyes alighted upon a slumped figure. Landon Lancelot…, I repeated in my head.

He was on the floor, almost fully naked. His bare back was turned against me and towards a full-length mirror. He lay there heaving and trembling, probably a mixture of fright and confusion. It was breathtaking. My heart skipped a beat. A sense of great pride swelled within me as I admired every inch of his exposed flesh, mentally stripping him even further. He was my son now. I wanted to touch him all over. I wanted to feel the depths of him.

Our eyes then met through the mirror. I swallowed and somehow distracted myself off those thoughts. I gripped the gun by my side, its nozzle pointed at him and spoke in a deep and steady voice, “Keep calm. Do as I say. I won’t hurt you.”

The young man sat on the white tiled floor of the bathroom with his knees drawn up to his chest and his arms securely wrapped around them. He was hunched over as if in pain, and his face was buried in his knees, eyes squeezed shut as he fought back panicked tears. The large mirror and the sink were directly across from him, with the shower and the toilet to the right. There was a laundry hamper on the left, which he was pressed up against, his back to the door. The only sound in the room was the echo of his soft, breathy sobs. After a few moments, Landon lifted his head, blinking to clear his eyes, and froze when he saw a reflection that was not his own in the mirror. His gray eyes widened, and whatever scream he was about to release was caught in his throat when the man spoke with a voice that was identical to what he had heard the night before.

“Keep calm. Do as I say. I won’t hurt you.” The brunette scrambled to his feet, his black socks slipping on the smooth flooring. He pulled on his jeans as he did so, as they had been bunched at his ankles, and spun around to face the intruder, holding his shirt to his chest in an attempt to cover himself; it was still unclear to him whether or not the man had touched him. He resembled a deer caught in headlights, his chest heaving and his lean body trembling with fear and adrenaline. However, most of his fear did not stem from the fact that there was a gun pointed at him; it was the tugging sensation at his brain that told him that he had seen the man before, a long time ago.

Landon stared silently at the man, struggling to speak due to the aftereffects of the drug, which continued to make it hard to think. His tongue felt fuzzy and swollen, and the panic he felt was only worsening his condition; his own natural chemicals were not mixing well with the artificial ones, and his stomach rolled. "Wh-who are you?" he demanded, his voice squeaking slightly. "What do you want with me? What did you do to me last night?" His tone had risen, and at this point he was shaking like a leaf; an anxiety attack was rearing its ugly head. The young man did not take well to stressful situations, not with what had happened to him as a child. Already images were swirling inside his head.

“Ah, so you can stand,” I remarked and steadily proceeded towards him, my footsteps casually trampling his words. Words of reassurance upon him would be wasted, I recognised. I had my doubts, whether I had overdosed him enough to knock him out completely, but he seemed to display a lot of life. Life that I was more than willing to drain away.

I stopped a few feet from him. We were now face to face, though the half-foot height difference was magnified by his frightened stance. My towering height and my broad shoulders cast a shadow that enveloped him entirely. His features were dimmed, though I could make out a pair of terrified eyes. A powerful scent of cologne wafted from my body, probably adding to his nausea. He was taking in very little air and unevenly. I was imagining just how easy it would be to overpower him. He was so tiny, I could crush his jaw in the palm of my hand, I could wrap my arms around his waist twice, I could snap him like a twig. If I wanted to.

Gazing upon him, I felt a tug at the heartstrings. His reaction was far more extreme than I had expected. The slightest trigger was all it took him for a panic attack. I laughed. “You’re so precious!” He was embarrassed, I was aroused. A slightest smile spread across my lips. “Alright Landon, now I want you to turn around and face the mirror,” I instructed him, gesturing with the gun, “And stick your arms outwards, palms towards me.”

Landon visibly flinched when the man spoke again, and he pressed himself flat against the wall as the other stepped closer, paying no mind to the towel rack that was digging into the skin between his shoulder blades. His words had been completely ignored, and he knew that it would be futile to try to get any information out of the man. The thought of fighting back and attempting to escape didn't even cross his mind; it was obvious from the previous night that the man was stronger than him - though he had inherited his fathers facial features and had been influenced by his height, his figure had been almost totally dependent on his mother's genes, and she had been a woman with a slim body who had stood at only five feet, two inches. He was no match for this monster, and he was certain that in his current state he would only injure himself further if he resisted. Already he was suffering from dizzy spells that resulted from hyperventilation.

Wordlessly, the young man did as was demanded of him, turning to face the mirror and extending his arms towards the man. His eyes were now closed, and his shirt had fallen to the floor. If Landon had been afraid of large men before, then now he was absolutely terrified. The abuse he had witnessed his mother bear had led him to avoid most men even though he was one, and most of his friends were girls. It was embarrassing, but they treated him like a younger brother despite being the same age and always fussed over him. As he waited tensely for the man to do something, he found himself thinking of Betty and his other friends, wishing he was being dragged to the mall with them to go clothes shopping even though he hated it. It's no wonder people think I'm gay, he mused to himself bitterly.

I admit, I was taken aback by his lack of resistance. For a person who was so roused up earlier, he had certainly caught up to the reality of the situation quickly. "Good boy..." Smart boy… I paused at his bare back turned towards me. I hesitated for a second. My eyes traced the bones of his spine as they flowed down, from the hair on his neck, arching gracefully between his shoulders, dotting the back of his waist and disappearing into his pants. I blinked and fought a surging erection as I gripped his hands and brought them close behind his ass. I held them tightly with one arm and quickly removed the other to withdraw a pair of handcuffs from my jacket. With one swift move, I locked his hands behind his back. I immediately pulled myself away, breathing unevenly. Could I seriously spend an entire evening with him without molesting him? But there was so much I had to say, so much we had to share, I had to prepare him. Our moment had to be special.

"Come, sit on the bed,” I told him and spun around to pull myself a chair from his desk. It was a revolving chair with narrow armrests, but I still made myself comfortable in it and wheeled around to face him, flashing him a generous smile. His chest was bare, I realised. I at once regretted leaving him shirtless before handcuffing him, aware of my speedily dissolving self restraint. But it was alright. At least it would be a way of him shedding his inhibitions around me, I shrugged it off. ”Do come and sit," I repeated, gesturing with my hand stretched outwards and thumping the bed.

"Good boy." The man's tone was insinuating something, and though Landon was not sure what that something was, his stomach churned uneasily and the symptoms of sickness that he had been exhibiting worsened considerably. He bit the inside of his lip to keep from making a sound as the man come closer; his fear made him hyper-sensitive, and he could almost feel the man's presence. He was bracing himself for another bout of man-handling and was both surprised and utterly horrified to feel the cold bite of metal digging into the skin of his wrists. Several different scenarios involving handcuffs flooded his mind at once, and his body twitched as he forced himself to stay still, not waning to consider what would happen to him if he resisted.

The man's warmth was suddenly replaced by the chill of the bathroom, and Landon blinked his eyes open, warily watching the man through the mirror. He stared uncomprehendingly at the man for several seconds, the command having caught him off guard. He had been expecting to be thrown onto the floor and raped, or beaten and tortured. Instead, it seemed as though the man wanted nothing more than to have a chat with him. Rather than being put at ease by the smile, the sight of it made Landon wince and avert eye contact. He cautiously turned away from the mirror and walked towards the bed with shaky footsteps, hesitating for a moment before taking a seat. He kept his head low and said nothing, trying to seem as small as possible, his muscles tense.

Thats it…Just like that, I lauded in my head as he stepped daintily towards me and plonked onto the bead. Brilliant ! I flashed him my best grin, stretching my lips apart thinly, the dried and scraped skin there tingling a bit. I returned to searching in my jacket pockets. I pulled out a metallic strip with little pelts. Betocopromide tablets. I popped one out, put back the rest and clenched in my fist the little cylindrical pellet. I grabbed the nearest water bottle from his desk and unscrewed the lid. I held the bottle with my left hand and wheeled around towards him. I bent forward, resting my elbows on my lap and moved my face closer to his. I showed him the tablet in my fist. ”This will help with your nausea,” I told him and pressed against his chin with my thumb and forefinger, beckoning with my other arm for him to open his mouth.

Don't tell me I didn't take care of ya, I chuckled in my head. Hoping that this single gesture of mine could make up for years of absence ! High hopes indeed, but we might as well try. We shall try over and over again until we can happily call ourselves father and son.

Out of the corner of his eye, Landon watched as the man flashed him a wide smile, one that made him look all the more frightening. The younger man cringed at the sight and momentarily glanced to the side before returning his attention to the man. Though he wanted more than anything to not have to look at the man, he knew that it was dangerous to lose track of him; he had to be ready for whatever the man had planned for him. His gaze locked on the man's hands, holding his breath, and his anxiety skyrocketed when he saw the packet of pills that the man produced from his pockets. He's going to drug me again? He tried to swallow past the lump in his throat and inched towards the left, trying to put as much distance between himself and the man as possible. The only way the drugs would take effect was if he swallowed them, and despite the fact that the man could easily shove the pills down his throat, Landon instinctively moved away.

”This will help with your nausea,” the man said in his deep voice, holding out one of the pills in the palm of his hand. Landon tilted his head to the side in a show of refusal, only to have the man grab hold of his chin. The touch was surprisingly gentle, but he would not be fooled by such things. He kept his mouth tightly shut and shook his head, staring at the man directly and trying to ignore the fact that he resembled a mouse trembling before a cat. He murmured something along the lines of 'I don't want to', his voice incredibly soft and uneven. As soon as he spoke he dropped his gaze to the floor. His hands were clenched into fists behind his back.

“Come, come Landon,” I laughed and released my grip on his chin. Instead I pinched his nostrils shut, cutting off his air supply. “This is no way to behave…,” I jested, shaking his nose from side to side playfully. His every reaction was so delicate, so intriguing. A shameless grin etched itself on my face and I think I must have looked quite barbaric, baring teeth, bloody lips and all. But I felt a surge of guilt as I gazed at him, his gaze fixed at me. I lunged forward and thrust my head close to him, as though I could look deeper into his eyes and into his soul.

I strangely didn’t feel any anger towards him. I was behaving a little weirdly today, still intoxicated with the euphoric discovery. Had I been my usual self, I would have in a fit of rage broken his jaw and force-fed him. Yet today, I only felt like playing with him. His muscles were tense, jaw clenched, his face writ with an expression of disgust. Though I could not see it, I could feel his fists tighten behind him. Landon was so frightened, he was in for so much hurt, I decided to let him off the hook for a day. "Its just Betocopromide, so please don't make me read the label for you..," I sighed and added a little kindly. Perhaps I shouldn't be toying around like this.

The brunette jerked back in surprise when the man lunged forward, grabbing a hold of his nose and pinching it shut. Instinctively Landon gasped for air, as he had been breathing through his nose, and his wary gray eyes widened with alarm. His initial idea had been to play submissive - which was quite easy, what with his rising anxiety and fear - until he had a chance to escape, but based on the man's possessive behavior, he doubted that he would ever find a way to retaliate. He could almost sense the instability and rage that bubbled beneath the surface of the man, and once again he was mentally at war with himself, desperately trying to overcome his panic and attempt to think logically. He didn't want to be controlled, he was his own person, but he also didn't want to be killed. He searched the man's eyes for any sign of a lie, and he was surprised to see that there was nothing. Reluctantly, Landon opened his mouth and accepted the pill.

It was with great relief that Landon found himself still conscious moments after taking the medication. He didn't relax, but he did admit to himself that his stomach had ceased its unsavory rolling. His hands were still clenched, his muscles were stiff, and his focus had switched from the pill to whatever was going to happen to him next. He swallowed, his throat dry, and rasped uneasily, "W-what are you going to do with me? I don't have any money." He doubted this attack was about money, but there was no other reason he could think of, or, at least, he didn't want to consider the alternate possibilities.

I felt a twinge of regret as I fetched the water and fed him the pill. It was quite cruel of me to delight in his anxiety. I will make amends. I’ll take good care of you. My heart winced at the sound of his hoarse voice, his terrified words slicing every shred of sadistic impulse in me. I raised a quivering hand to his right cheek and gently clasped the side of his face. I gazed expressionlessly into the depths of his eyes as I found myself drawn closer and closer to him. My hand was inadvertently caressing his cheek, my fingers lost in his locks. All in a surge of purely platonic love.

“This isn’t about money,” I finally admitted to him, in barely a whisper. “Or power. Or sex.” We were now inches apart. I could feel our breaths condense upon each other. I lowered my gaze to his lips lest I frightened him. I wanted to comfort him, though I’m certain my behaviour came off as threatening. I sighed and pulled away, my gaze returning to meet his. “It is about you,” I divulged. My hands were clasping the armrests, my body somewhat stiff under the weight of the impending confession. “Are you ready to revisit your own history?” I felt my throat go dry and my heart race giddily. This was the moment. Was it too soon? Was it the right time and place? A thousand doubts ate away at my heart, but I knew that it had to be done. And I could wait no longer.

Landon shied away from the man's touch, turning his head to the side and closing his eyes, his lips pressing together in a grimace of discomfort. His right cheek tingled unpleasantly, as the warm weight of the man's hand left a burning sensation in its wake. A caress was supposed to be comforting, a physical reassurance given to someone by a lover, a family member, or a friend, and the man was none of those; he was a criminal, and all Landon felt was bitter nausea rising in his throat. The man's fingers threaded through his silky ashen gray hair, and he shuddered, a sense of violation overwhelming him. He tugged at his restraints, attempting to wrench free of the man's hold, but the cold metal bit into his wrists and kept him immobile, as he was unbalanced with his hands behind his back and could only perform the simplest of movements.

The young man bit his lip as his attacker came closer to him; he could feel the man's breath on his neck, and goosebumps appeared with the chill that ran up his spine. He waited tensely for the man to respond to his question - or to ignore him and move on to the next part of his plan, whatever it was - and the answer he received caught him off-guard with its lack of obvious malicious intent. “This isn’t about money. Or power. Or sex. It is about you.” Landon's gray eyes flew open in shock, staring at the man with confusion and disbelief written on his delicate features. What...? “Are you ready to revisit your own history?” He froze, his chest constricting in terror; did the man know about his past? About what had happened to him and his family when he was a child?

"Wh-what do you mean?" he stuttered, voice cracking as raw panic began to lace his words, "What do you know about me?"

“Question is,” I shot back at him, “What do you know about me?” What do you think of me? I searched into his eyes hungrily for a sign, a confirmation that I should reveal myself. He was staring at me, stricken with terror, wide eyed. I was steadily losing hope. At some point I wondered if there was anything I could say that would comfort him. ’I’m the guy who fathered you, killed your mother and abandoned you.’ Way to go, Brian. I found myself chuckling aloud. The words were grotesque even in my head. I struggled internally, a thin line of concentration forming between my brows. I shut my eyes for a while.

“Alright, heres what we’ll do.” I jolted upright on my seat. I flicked back my jacket and sunk my hands into my pocket, a satisfied smirk playing on my face. “You are going to tell me your story,” I announced. My right hand began grazing the hip holster, flashing him the handle of the 9mm. I meant business. “Everything that happened to you till you were five,” I ordered, resting my free elbow on the armrest. I began picking away at my lips. My entire focus was on him, his body language, his lips and his words, I gazed intently into his eyes. “Tell me everything you can remember...”