Teach me {{Yukio & Pandamonium}}

Yukio_of_the_Snow

Ryuu nodded and hurried to his locker. One last wave and he disappeared into the school. He was ecstatic for tomorrow. A chance to be with Natsume!

After changing, Ryuu grabbed his bags and ran to his younger sister's middle school. She had finished softball practice shortly before him. Then they had to pick up their younger sisters at the elementary school.

They got home and he began on dinner. His parents were almost home. He couldn't stop thinking of how he was going to see Natsume again. A friend at last! Err, almost friend. He was already thinking of the bento he was going to make him. His younger sisters helped him before they went to work on their homework.

That night, he couldn't sleep from the excitement of tomorrow. He needed to wake up very early to get everything ready.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pandamonium

• Yukio_of_the_Snow

Handling his siblings when he got home was a routine for Natsume, so he wasn't very ruffled when the time he could have spent studying, was occupied with keeping his siblings at bay. They all seemed to want to know a bit more about this apparent new almost-friend that had their brother smiling a bit to himself for the rest of the night. Of course, Natsume didn't tell them much of anything. He was just starting a friendship with Ryuu so he didn't want to speculate much about it. His siblings would just have to deal with his silence until he was ready to share.

By the next morning, Natsume bid his driver a good day and he stepped out of his family's car. Yawning softly and lifting a hand to ruffle his straight black strands of hair, the young teen waved briefly to those who called out to him as he made his way over to the school gates. Once there, he turned and rested his back against one of the metal structures.

Crossing his arms over his chest, blue eyes drifted up to watch the sky skies above him as he waited for the boy he had promised to spend time with yesterday. Excitement twinkled in him yet to all who were watching him, the only sign of that was a small smile that touched his face.

Ryuu had awaken earlier. He began making the lunches and breakfast. Getting his youngest sister ready. He loved brushing her hair and looking over the abundance of bows and clips to use. After getting them ready, he hurried them out the door. His younger sister, Yuri, groaned.

"Niiiii-chaaaan! Why do we have to go to school so really? I'm tired!"

He carried his youngest sister, Akako, on his shoulders.

"We're going early because I'm meeting a friend before school."

They all have him a look of our shock, which irritated him a bit.

"Hey! Shut your mouths before flies fly in! Shit. Is it hard to believe that I can make friends?"

They hummed in unison, before he rubbed his nose.

"Don't answer."

He dropped them off and ran the rest of the way to school. As he approached the school, he noticed a figure leaning on the school fence. He grinned.

"Natsume!"

Hearing his name get called, Natsume lowered his gaze from where he had been cloud gazing, to look in the direction of the familiar voice. Spotting Ryuu, the young teen grinned and lifted a hand to shoot the other boy a greeting wave. "Yo Ryuu!" He called over to the quickly approaching teen. Straightening up off the fence, Natsume waited for the other boy to reach him before flashing him a friendly smile saying "Good morning". With his hands neatly tucked into his pockets, he turned and started walking towards the school saying "Ready to meet the others?".

Ryuu approached Natsume. Panting softly from his run. "Sorry I'm late, had to run from the elementary school."

He straightened up, brushing his messy, black hair back.

"Huh? Others? Oh, yeah! Forgot, my bad."

He scratched his head, nervously.

"But it'd be cool to meet your friends."

He followed close besides Natsume, a bit nervous to meet other people.

"It's fine, you don't have to apologize" Natsume grinned up at the taller boy, clearly not bothered at all. Walking towards the school entrance, Natsume shot a glance beside him towards the other boy. He could see the other boy was nervous and it was a bit funny but he couldn't help but want to ease Ryuu's mind. "There's nothing to be nervous about, Ryuu. They don't bite......well at least not much" he stated, winking teasingly at the other student.

Approaching his locker and the group he already saw gathered there, Natsume flashed one last reassuring smile at Ryuu before turning to greet his friends. After a round of friendly good mornings, his friends peered curiously at the boy standing beside Natsume. "Everyone, this is Hayashi Ryuu. He's going to be hanging around with us, so be nice....Try not to scare him" Natsume introduced him calmly. For a moment his friends only stared at the taller boy before friendly smiles spread around the group. Numerous "Nice to meet you, Hayashi-kun"'s and "Welcome to the group, Hayashi"'s sounded off in a way that spoke of the welcoming nature of the group.

"See, told you they didn't bite" Natsume murmured playfully over to Ryuu. Amusement sparkling in his blue eyes.

Ryuu nodded, he held an intense stare towards the group. He couldn't help, but intensify his gaze. He gave a low bow.

"Thank you for your kindness. It's very nice meeting you all. Hope we become good friends."

He wasn't as nervous, but felt slightly protective of Natsume. He didn't want to leave his side for a minute. He clutched his gym bag and school bag in one arm, trying to calm his nerves. Natsume's words of reassurance helped him greatly.

Watching his friends welcome Ryuu into the group had Natsume relaxing a bit. Though he would have continued to hang out with Ryuu even without his friends approval, he was glad that they had had no problems in letting Ryuu join the group.

Hearing the sounds of familiar yet chilling voices, Natsume didn't even have to glance over his shoulder for his friend to give off a nervous giggle and say "Yo, Tsume. I suggest you run unless you wanna get mobbed by your fan club". Braving a look down the hallway behind him Natsume paled as he spotted a group of girls and even boys looking around animatedly. Once they spotted him a collective screech of "NATSUME-KUN!!!!" sounded off before the stampede towards him began.

"Shit...." Natsume murmured under his breath. Turning back around, he glanced at his friends as one of them said "Go, we'll distract them". "Thanks, I owe you guys". Reaching out, he took hold of Ryuu's hand and pulled the boy after him as he took off in a sprint. "Sorry about this. It's not everyday they come around looking for me. They must have slipped out of the West wing earlier than expected" Natsume called behind to the other boy he dragged behind him. Hearing the stampede of feet behind them, Natsume figured his friends must have gotten trampled over if those people were still behind them.

Weaving his way down hall after hall, Natsume spotted an empty classroom and quickly slipped into it, quickly but quietly closing the door behind them. "I think we should be clear for now" he murmured, letting go of Ryuu's hand as he watched the fan club tear obliviously past the door. Sinking into an empty seat, the young teen caught his breath quietly before asking the taller boy "Are you alright?".

Ryuu looked over at Natsume. He gave a snort, before getting into a laughing fit.

"That...was...terrifying!"

He calmed down. Standing and walking over to Natsume. Plopping down in the seat besides him.

"You should try out for the track team. You're pretty fast, Natsume-kun."

He looked over at him.

His stomach growled, a blush present in his features. "Well. After all that running, let's eat!"

He pulled out two bento. Handing one over to Natsume. He began to chow down. Looking over at Natsume, he stopped mid-chew.

"Um. Did I freak you out with the bento?"

Chuckling softly, Natsume shook his head while saying "If I had time to spare, I would consider that. However, my siblings need my attention most of the time so I don't have enough time to join any sports". Even though they drove him up the wall more than most of the time, Natsume always spent much of his time tending to his family's need so he didn't have much time left over for himself. Not to mention that he wasn't a fan of sports either. It might be something masculine but it just didn't catch Natsume's attention as much as music often did.

Blinking a bit surprised when Ryuu presented him with a bento, Natsume looked from it to the boy then back again before opening it. Looking up at Ryuu's question, the young teen felt his cheeks darken a bit as he looked away quickly. "I wasn't expecting it, but it didn't freak me out....Thank you, Ryuu-kun" he said in a calm enough tone of voice as he started to eat. "So, while we hide out here, how about we get to know eachother. You mentioned you had sisters before, right?" Natsume asked after a moment.

Ryuu nodding, taking one last bite of food before putting it back in his bag. Wiping his mouth with his hand. "Yeah. My younger sisters. Yuri is in the softball team in her middle school. Kaminari and Akako have judo. I have to pick them up after school and stuff."

He looked over at Natsume. "What else do you wanna know? Tell me some stuff about ya."

He leaned back on the chair. Good arms resting behind his head.

"Hmmm, that least they're active. That's a good thing" Natsume commented calmly, soft smile tracing his features. Ryuu's siblings reminded him of his own sisters. Of course, aside from the fact that only one true sport was practiced at their house. His family was an old-fashioned japanese family after all and no matter how odd it might be, they tended to stick to their traditions.

"Me? I'm the third born in the family of six children. Three boys and three girls. I'm sure you can guess how things might be with that description. My family is kinda old-fashioned in a way. My parents prefer to stick to the traditions of our ancestors" Natsume replied with a small shrug of his shoulders. "The only sports we really stick to is either Aikido or Kendo. However we don't go to classes, elder members of our family usually come to our home to teach us every evening" he added after a moment.

"Are your parents around often?" he asked after a moment as he finished nibbling on the bento and put what remained in his own backpack.

Ryuu snickered, a grin plastered on his face. "Yeeeah, that's pretty true. The only reason they're in sports is cuz of me." He leaned forward, arms folded in front of him.

"That's pretty cool. I'm kinda jealous. I used to wish I had brothers when I was a kid, but I'm pretty happy with my sisters. They're pretty cute. You should meet them sometime."

Ryuu had been the one to get them into baseball, judo on the other hand was their idea. He found it a bit painful watching others hurting each other. It's the reason why he doesn't like watching their tournaments. He'll watch them and root for them, but he would have to fight back the urge to run into their fights and drag then home.

"Not really. They're busy with work. So sports are kind of a way for us to focus our energy and attention. But they're home on Sundays, so we aren't completely alone."

He wished that his parents weren't so busy with work, his sisters miss them. He looked over at Natsume.

"Hey. Are your parents busy with work, too?"

"I would love too. I'm sure my sisters would love to be able to spend time around other kids aside from their brothers....And to be honest, brothers aren't all they're cut out to be. They can be quite a pain half the time" Natsume chuckled, leaning back in his own chair as he thought back upon his siblings. Being the youngest brother wasn't the easiest task. He often was the one settling arguments amongst the older ones and wiping scraps and bruises from his little sisters. It was a stressing job but honestly, he wouldn't have it any other way.

"Most of the time they are. However, they try to make time for us whenever they can. More often than not though, my brothers and I take on the parental role" he replied with a bit of a shrug. "Raising six kids isn't easy so we don't blame them. We'll help our parents in any way we can. And our grandparents are often around the house so we're not completely alone" Natsume answered calmly.

He chuckled. "Yeah, that's why I no longer wish for a brother. I kinda prefer having sisters. They can be a handful and...violent sometimes, but they can be really sweet."

He leaned back again. He wasn't made for sitting down too long. Growing restless with the constant immobility. He tapped his foot and drummed his hands on the table.

"Don't you get restless just sitting around?"

He looked around the classroom. Standing up to stretch.

He realized something. "Hey. We've been here for a while. Did you hear a bell?"

"That's very true" the boy said, chuckling in mirth thinking of the whirlwind that his younger sisters were. He loved them, just as much as he loved his older brothers, but that did not negate the fact that they were all a handful.

"Not at all. Though I think it's just the amount of patience I have when I comes to sitting and waiting around with nothing to do" Natsume answered, shrugging a bit with laughter sparkling in his eyes as he watched the other student beside him.

Frowning thoughtfully at the question, Natsume shook his head saying "No but it should be ringing soon". Standing slowly, he too stretched before grabbing his bag and pulling it on. "Come on, let's get going before Sensei bites our heads off" he suggested, smiling at Ryuu as he opened the classroom door and slipped out quietly.

Ryuu grabbed his bag and followed close behind. "Don't worry. If sensei's gonna bit our heads off, I'll protect you."

He gave Natsume a grin. Throwing over his bag.

"Y'know, I liked our talk. We should do it more often. It's fun. You have a pretty big family. That's pretty nice."

He stuffed his free hand into his pocket. Pulling out a light pink phone.

"Huh. We're gonna make. First time for me, though."

He laughed to himself.

"My hero.....you better keep your word" Natsume teased Ryuu, laughter filling his words as he playfully thought of how it would look to others if he stood behind Ryuu and let him defend Natsume from their teachers wrath. He assumed it would have been quite a sight for others, seeing as Natsume rarely sought any kind of protection. Unless he was running away from a crazed fan club.

"Yeah our talks are pretty fun. I don't mind them much at all. That's why you should hang around me more" he laughed out a good natured reply. Thinking for a moment he added "Our family is pretty big, but it makes it all the more full of surprises. You should bring your sisters to my house some day when you're not doing anything. Home is pretty huge, I'm sure we'd all be able to have fun there. A bit of extra company is always a good thing to have around".

"My influence must be rubbing off on you if this is your first time making it into class on time" Natsume teased the taller boy a bit more. Glancing at his phone, he tilted his head to one side before asking "Is that one of your sisters or do you like pink?".

Ryuu grinned. "Sounds cool. I'm free on most Saturdays. And my sisters are usually up for whatever. So whenever you have the time, it'd be fun to hang out."

He had never been to a friend's house, the idea was exciting to him.

He glances over at Natsume. "Probably. I don't mind it, though. Maybe I'll make sensei's day."

He snickered. "So proud."

Ryuu gave him a puzzled look. "Yeah...I like pink. It's a cute color. I'd that a problem?"

He knew how any sign of femininity, caused some of his teammates uncomfortable. He hopes that Natsume wasn't like them, but he had a feeling Herr would be. He slipped his phone back into his pocket.

"Come by this Saturday then. We're all free that day. I'm sure we can think of something to do together at my house" Natsume suggested friendly. He was sure his siblings would be interested in these new friends of his. It would be fun to watch them all interact together. In a way, it would almost be like a breath of fresh air. Something different than the usual.

Chuckling at Ryuu's words, Natsume rolled his eyes playfully as he shook his head in slight exasperation.

Looking at Ryuu quietly for a few minutes, Natsume swallowed his usual protests against anything feminine. Instead he shrugged and looked forward again saying "No...not really. It's not a color I would carry but that doesn't matter. If you like it, that's perfectly fine". If one thing was for sure, he didn't want to say anything to cause Ryuu to annoyed or disheartened.

Reaching the classroom, Natsume flashed Ryuu a small smile before slipping in. He greeted their teacher in his same cheerful manner, getting a polite response back before Sensei's eyes widen at who he came in with. Fighting back a laugh of amusement, Natsume plopped down in his chair with a grateful little sigh of content.

Ryuu grinned. "Sounds fun. I'll get my sisters to go. It'd be nice for them to make friends."

He adjusted the bag on his shoulder.

His grin widened at Natsume's chuckle. He felt his chest burst with pride at being able to make Natsume laugh. He wanted to continue making him smile and laugh.

"Thanks...even if you disapproved of it, I'd still like it and stuff. Don't see what the big deal is." He gave Natsume a small smile. He'd rather not hey on a debate over something so trivial.

Ryuu saw the look on sensei's face as he walked in. He gave him a toothy grin. Holding back a laugh.

"Good morning, sensei."

He walked passed him and sat in his seat besides Natsume.

"I never thought I'd see the day when sensei would look so...I don't know. Surprised? No don't think that's the word."

He began pulling out his things for his class, when he realized something.

"Shit. Hey, you mind me looking over you're book? I forgot it."

Smiling at the other student's agreement to head over on the choosen day, Natsume glanced him a smile as he continued to work. Saturday would definitely prove to be an interesting day.

"That's fine that you have your own opinion and will follow what you see fit. Some people might not see certain things as proper or masculine but I don't care much about it. It's whatever, I guess" Natsume mussed softly. He wouldn't go anywhere near girlie colors, not after the trauma his mother had installed in him during his childhood.....even if she hadn't meant to cause such an impact. As for Ryuu, he could do whatever he wanted. Natsume wasn't about to judge him.

Chuckling at what Ryuu said as he sat next to him, Natsume chanced another glance at their teacher before saying "I think his expression is more along the lines of shocked or stupefied". His tone carrying good humor and amusement in it.

"Really?....Man, I'm starting to think of you as hopeless when it comes to this class" Natsume commented while appearing clearly entertained. Anyone could tell he was only teasing the boy. Pulling out his own book, he pulled his desk closer to Ryuu, though he did it in a quieter way before placing the book in a spot they could both see it in. "Here you go".

Ryuu shrugged. Brushing his bangs out of his eyes. "I guess? I don't know. My teammates kinda find it weird, so I don't get. I mean I kinda understand, but I just don't care."

He gave Natsume a small grin. "I'm glad you don't care. I'd be kinda sad if we couldn't be friends." He blushed and covered his cheeks with his hand. "Since you're my only friend."

Ryuu thanked Natsume as Natsume drew close. He leaned over Natsume. He snorted, holding back a laugh. "Yeah. I guess I'm pretty hopeless. I'm usually not really for this class, so I forget to get the book from my locker."

He could smell Natsume. A slight shiver went down his back. He enjoyed the soft musky scent. "Hey. You kinda smell nice. Is it some type of cologne?"

- - - Updated - - -

Ryuu shrugged. Brushing his bangs out of his eyes. "I guess? I don't know. My teammates kinda find it weird, so I don't get. I mean I kinda understand, but I just don't care."

He gave Natsume a small grin. "I'm glad you don't care. I'd be kinda sad if we couldn't be friends." He blushed and covered his cheeks with his hand. "Since you're my only friend."

Ryuu thanked Natsume as Natsume drew close. He leaned over Natsume. He snorted, holding back a laugh. "Yeah. I guess I'm pretty hopeless. I'm usually not really for this class, so I forget to get the book from my locker."

He could smell Natsume. A slight shiver went down his back. He enjoyed the soft musky scent. "Hey. You kinda smell nice. Is it some type of cologne?"

Blinking and looking over at Ryuu with slight surprise in his eyes when the man finished his statement saying that Natsume was his only friend, Natsume couldn't help the small affectionate smile that touched his face. "I'm sure you could make more friends if you wanted, Ryuu-kun. You just gotta give it a shot. Besides, my friends are now your friends" he murmured gently before moving on to a slightly more amusing topic. "And I'm fine with whatever you do or have that might be considered girlie by others. As long as you don't try to push any of that on me, then we're cool" the boy said honestly, even as easygoing nature seemed to flow out of him.

"I can see that.....I'm kinda worried to think what will happen if I'm ever not here" Natsume teased him with a light laugh.

Feeling his cheeks darken in sudden shyness, Natsume kept his eyes pinned on the book as he said "I-It's something my sisters got me for my birthday last year. I think it's called Eternal or something like that". Cursing himself for his light bout of stuttering, Natsume tried to push his embarrassment down as he wrote down what their teacher was writing on the board.

Ryuu gave another shrug. "I guess, but I'm pretty satisfied with just you. You're friends seem cool, but I don't know, they don't really catch my attention. Besides, they're you're I'm not a charity case. So don't treat me like one."

He would look between the book and the board. Copying as much of the notes as he could possibly write.

In between looking at the book and notes, he'd glance over at Natsume. After his comment about his scent, he noticed a slight blush on Natsume. It made his heart skip a beat. He perked at the title.

"Do you mean Eternal Night by Noir? That's a pretty good cologne, I gotta give your sister props for the choice."

He gave him a sideways smile and continued his notes.