Bad Blood [Shiro Tenshi and Koe-chan]

BlaqueCatt

Koe-chan's Character

Glade

Age Unknown

97ppgo.png

{His eyes area pale gray-blue and his hair is light gray rather than white and is slightly longer}

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlaqueCatt

• Shiro Tenshi

0130391F455501FA25C42808E49AB37F8A9B58-6898-DB5E-8AF2-6445EFB34B5A

Will Orchid

Appearance: Will has short, black hair and his eyes eyes are sea green that turn yellow when he gets mad, he is about to turn or it is the day of the full moon.

Amy was the little pup of the pack, the precious angel that... sadly was not given as much attention as she wanted. The young girl always wanted her big brother, Will, to play tea with her and dress up along with her, but just like everyone else, the older wolf declined her offer and went about his day. She was so lonely at home, so bored... but she was always happy to play outside. The other pack members didn't see anything wrong with letting the young wolf be in touch with the wild; Will was the least comfortable with this however.

Not because nobody was watching her, she stayed close by and she was a smart girl, but because he smelled something was off. She'd bring her tea sets with her outside, she always brought snacks along with her... The one that finally gt him to take action was the fact that Amy's favorite hair pin, of a little pink butterfly, was gone and when Will asked where it was, she shrugged off and sipped imaginary tea, "I dunno Will. I lost it in the woods maybe."

"Lost it... She didn't loose it." The black haired man, mumbles to himself, wanting to find out what was going on with his sister. Members of his pack already went looking to see if anyone was in these woods, but found nobody and smelled nothing either, yet Amy just 'lost' her favorite pin. The same one that she would cry over if she lost it in the house. He didn't tell his little sister he would be going out, he didn't tell anyone and he left before Amy woke up.

Will walked the same way she did, he went down the path he could smell her scent, but there was a point it was just gone, so he went in blind. He kept on walking until in the distance, he could see someone... This stranger was just sitting there under the shade with light grey hair... and he had Amy's hair pin in his hair...

Just thinking about a random stranger with his little sis' favorite hair pin got Will already so mad that his eyes changed color, and when he crept up even closer, he could smell the dry, dusty scent of a vampire. He was only warned of the scent, and this would be the first time he had ever seen one in the flesh. Too bad it'll be dead soon. Will sneers with sharp canines and lunges out from behind, with a nasty growl that came from his core.

"I'll kill you."

Glade released a quiet sigh, his pale gray-blue eyes focused on the blades of grass swaying in front of him. He was lying on his stomach in the middle of a small clearing, his legs crossed in the air and his chin resting in his left palm as his right hand brushed back and forth across the small clovers growing in a patch beside him. Long, straight, light-gray hair fluttered gently in the breeze, partially obscuring his view of the towering trees and thick bushes that surrounded him. His expression was relatively blank, yet his eyes held a rather distant look. It was not long ago that the chirping of birds and rustling of creatures had served as large distractions, as he had been accustomed to complete silence due to years of living alone in an empty house. However, after being discovered by humans and forced to relocate to the forest, he had gradually learned to ignore the more unimportant sounds of nature. It was because of this newly developed skill that he found himself lost in thought, daydreaming about the young werewolf that he had recently befriended.

No, it wasn't recent, he corrected himself, rolling onto his back so that he was staring up at the sky. Contrary to common knowledge, vampires did not burn in the sunlight. Lights that were too bright were irritating, as the species was sensitive to it, but it was not as deadly as the humans assumed. It's been a few months now. A small smile appeared on his unnaturally pale face as he brought his right hand up to his hair and fingered the pink hairclip that loosely pined back his bangs, his left hand resting on his stomach. I've been seeing her for a few months. That single thought was almost enough to make the young vampire forget about all of the prejudice he had faced throughout his life.

Glade and Amy had met a few days after he had entered the forest. He had been crawling through the brush, wearing nothing more than a pair of ragged black trousers, searching for food. Unlike other vampires, Glade hated killing with a passion. Instead of draining those he chose to feed from--he only went after animals; he had never touched a human--he would only take a fourth or less of their total blood supply so they would survive and have a chance to heal. This forced him to capture more than one creature a day, but he preferred to work harder if it meant that he didn't have to kill anyone. Rather than brutally attack them and cause them pain, he would use his tongue to numb the area before injecting the target with a small amount of paralytic from his fangs so they would be in a haze until the feeding was over. When he finished, he would lay them under a bush or tree to keep them hidden from other predators before moving on to the next.

She's the only friend I have. Glade reached up with both hands and adjusted the hairclip, the action causing his white t-shirt--which was much to big for him--to ride up and expose his stomach. The shirt had been given to him by Amy as well. Apparently it had been her brother's, which was why it was so loose--the vampire was very small and thin--but she had managed to mask the scent before giving it to him. I owe everything to her. Before meeting Amy, Glade had been very withdrawn and reclusive. He hadn't trusted anyone and had hated being touched. However, he came to enjoy spending time with her and being hugged by her. Even though he was much older than her, he eagerly participated in her tea parties and other games. He had been raised by a strict family--though he had been abandoned when he refused to become a 'full-fledged' vampire--and because of that he had never really been a child. Glade his behind an indifferent mask, but in reality he was quite gentle in nature.

"Are you sure I can have this?" he asked the werewolf, staring up at her in surprise from his place kneeling on the ground. Amy was standing over him with her hands on her hips, a smug grin on her face. "It's very precious to you."

She rolled her eyes and punched him lightly in the shoulder. "Of course you can have it! You're my best friend!" It had taken a sufficient amount of willpower to refrain from crying at that time.

Just as Glade was about to curl up on his side for a nap, he heard twigs snap behind him. Normally he would have ignored it, but the sound signaled a large creature. Immediately he was on his feet, crouching low to the ground. His nose twitched, and his eyes widened when he caught the scent of a werewolf--one that wasn't Amy. When Will exploded from the bushes, growling and trembling with anger, Glade took a few steps back, hissing in warning and baring his fangs. He hated fighting, and the fear was obvious in his eyes, but he was trying to appear threatening. Who is this? he wondered warily, unsure of why he smelled somewhat like Amy. Is it a relative of hers?

Vampires to him were normally described as very sly, or cunning creatures that didn't overpass their chances if they wanted something; to Will, that meant that if he messed up, the thing would retreat away or do something... Will didn't know what, but that didn't mean he was going to find out. And it may not be so necessary anyways because of the fear he sensed in the smaller male. He didn't have to fight so much, not many smart people wanted to mess with him, but when he did, he'd take his signs and take them wisely. Fear meant that the enemy wasn't confident, fear meant the enemy had great weakness in comparison and more importantly, fear let Will know to give it his all to make sure he scarred this vampire. He wasn't a sadist at all, but it did sound interesting to have a blood sucker die with a look of sheer terror on his face. It would only move his rank higher in the pack to kill one of these, and one that was preying on Amy? Even better.

Will's eyes narrowed to slits with those eyes becoming even more bright of a yellow, the surge of hatred strong inside of him. He loved his sister to death even though he did not show it much. So what if this vampire has been tricking his little sis into letting him drink from her? The werewolf continues to growl at the vampire and steps closer, looking at that pin again...

She's always had it, ever since she was a little girl. Butterflies were always her thing and so was the color pink, which was the color of almost everything in her room, so the two combined together in a fashion accessory made it two times as valuable. Amy almost always wore it, she'd never loose it, even if she wore a hat, she'd clip the small metal to the hem! And looking where it was now, in the vampire's hair, he knew very well his little sister did not lose it in the woods. She gave it to this thing. Her favorite, most precious thing to her, given away to a bloodsucker? It didn't make any sense to his whatsoever, but Will knew for a fact, this would do Amy good.

The question surfaced of what a vampire could possibly to to benefit Amy, and he'd have to ask her after this, but he was very curious, and of course, very upset over the fact she left out the giant detail that her 'friend' was a vampire. What could a bag-of-bones bloodsucker do that Will couldn't? What if this whole thing came from brainwashing... Could these things even do that? The werewolf felt so foolish for asking these questions to himself, yet the topic of vampires were not in great detail, mostly because the species was close to dying out, and there were a lot of grey areas that would, of course, leave questions. All of which were only to ensure his little sister wasn't acting as a blood bank to the werewolf's number one enemy.

Pondering would not do anything for Will, so he focuses back to the vampire in front of him. He was smaller than he, more fragile looking and oddly looked pure thanks to his white and grey features. Was the vampire even thinking of fighting a strong, confident werewolf like Will?

Will grins from the petty thought and makes his move, dashing from different directions at a fast pace to confuse and out-speed the other. In doing so, he manages to get close enough to dig his fist onto the vampire's gut as a hard punch, "I don't know why you thought it was safe to be around a wolf pack. It was even more of an idiotic idea to use our young member as a doll. What do you have to say for yourself, Leech?!"

Glade stared unblinkingly at the werewolf, holding his breath as he tried to predict the werewolf's actions. The other creature was huge, almost three times his size, and the sight of the unearthly yellow eyes had the young vampire shaking in place. His attempt at trying to appear threatening had failed, as his tiny fangs and wide blue eyes could not compare to the gaping maw and rippling muscles of the tall man before him. Why is he looking at me like that? The spark of curiosity in Will's eyes made Glade even more uneasy than he already was.

It was true that Glade did not resemble most vampires; this was because he had not yet become a "full vampire", as was the slang term. Most vampires had jet black hair, dark amber eyes, and were tall and elegant. They had inhuman speed, strength, and enhanced senses. Some of the more powerful ones were also able to manipulate human minds with their abilities. This was because they had killed a human and taken their blood. The ritual of feeding from a human was what gave vampires their appearance, powers, and cunning personalities. Glade, however, had refused to participate, and because of this he remained in his fledgling state. There was a reason why vampires were often compared to birds. Fledgling vampires, like Glade, were small, weak, and colored more lightly than their elders, just as baby birds are covered with downy fluff. If Glade had been a full vampire, he would have had no problem fighting Will. He did not have any traits of a vampire, though, besides needing to drink blood, and because of this lack of power he was no match for the stronger werewolf.

The vampire tensed when he saw Will readying himself for an attack. By this point, his fangs--which were more like a kitten's milk teeth--had retracted, and he was crouched low to the ground, trying to appear as small as possible so he could escape into the surrounding forest. However, he had not anticipated the werewolf's great speed, and he cried out in shock and pain when Will's fist connected with his abdomen. He staggered backwards before dropping to one knee, head hanging as he panted harshly, a trail of saliva and blood trickling from the corner of his mouth. His blue eyes were teary, and his soft gray hair clung to his face due to sweat.

"A-Amy...i-isn't a doll," he gasped, his throat burning as he struggled to breathe. "S-she's...she's my friend..." He used the back of his trembling hand to wipe at his mouth. "She g-gave me this pin, and t-the shirt...she saved me!" If Amy hadn't found him, he would never had stayed near the wolf pack; he wasn't stupid, and he knew about the feud between their species and the danger he would be in if he hung around. But he hadn't left because she was the first real friend he had ever had. She was the only one who had accepted him for what he was; she hadn't despised him for being a vampire, and she hadn't been disgusted with him because he was only a fledgling. He had quickly become loyal to her despite their age difference, and he would never dream of hurting her. She had helped him find food when he was nearly dying, and she had given him clothing and shown him a cave that he could stay in when it was cold and wet. "She saved my life!"

• 2 weeks later...

"I bet she did... Your choice of words are interesting." Will growls with spite, trying his best not to vivify this vampire drinking Amy's blood, "Of course she saved your worthless life! You got her to allow you to drink from her! Bastard!" After protecting his little sister ever since she was born, and to think that a sneaky vampire was going behind his back to take her life force through two pointy fangs? No. He was going to put this creature into his own grave. The werewolf picks up his foot and collides it with Glade's shoulder to shove his body down onto the ground. "I don't understand how such a pathetic looking thing tricked my sister! You're so horribly weak... I guess that just makes it easier for me."

He makes sure to grind his foot down onto Glade's shoulder before stepping his foot to the side so he could get on top of the vampire where it could be easier to keep him trapped and choked with his own hand. His grip was tight, but he had yet to give a full, deathly squeeze, because he was capable of breaking and closing his airways completely with his natural strength alone. He only wished to satisfy the anger he had inside of him from this revelation. His sister spending her days with a vampire... the only reason why his family didn't realize this before during the search was from the short life span of a vampire's scent. Surely they would have found Glade if they had gone earlier.

Glade was lucky before, but not now with Will there. He growls and takes the hair clip out of his hair, tearing out some of the other's strands as he did so, "Disgusting..."

A few meters away, Amy herself was wandering around in search of her friend and as she was getting closer, she recognized her brother's smell. She was wondering where big brother went... and being so young, at first, she didn't think anything bad of it, but then her thoughts crossed with those of Glade. The basket of cookies, juice boxes and other goodies dropped to the floor when fear came over her. They've been friends ever since that one day she hurt herself over a overgrown root. She cried by herself, then it was him to appear and sit down with her, comfort her... He was so nice and he said he would love to have a tea party with her!

If big bro found her forever prince, they'd be in real big trouble! Amy loved playing with Glade... nobody would ever play with her back home and she was so lonely... If Glade was gone, then they'd both be alone. After knowing Glade, she was more concerned with him being alone, knowing his solitude from leaving his family. She felt alone with still having a family. Glade would die if he didn't have anybody! "Glade!!" She cries in her high pitched voice, running forward and leaving her basket there in the grass.

Will hears the familiar voice and lessens his grip slightly from the disruption, sighing as he knew there would be conflict over the bloodsucker's life. Not too much later after the cry, the young girl staggers out from two trees, tears in her eyes. Before she could say a word, he lifts his index finger towards her, "Amy, go back home right now!"

Glade wasn't expecting the sudden force, and he choked on a startled scream as the werewolf's foot collided with his shoulder, pushing him into the dirt. He let out a huff as the breath was once again knocked out of him, and he flinched at the sound of his bones cracking under the weight of Will's body. "N-no!" he cried, staring up at the other creature with wide, desperate eyes. "I-I would never drink from humans! Especially not Amy!" Will's foot pressed down on his shoulder, and this time he let out an inhuman wail, one that sounded like a mix between a wounded cat and a shrieking crow. Lack of air cut the moan short, and he panted heavily, tears now streaming down his pale face. It took him a moment to steady his breathing, and though his vision swam due to the pain, he still managed to croak out, "I-I...I n-never drank from her..."

The small vampire would have understood why Will was attacking him--werewolves wanted to eradicate vampires from existence, and vice-versa--if he hadn't mentioned drinking from Amy. Didn't werewolves know anything about their rivals? If they had, Will should have known that Glade had never taken blood from Amy due to his hair color and tiny build. I guess I'll die here... That thought terrified him; no one knew what happened to vampires after death, as they were supposedly immortal beings. Or, at least, the complete vampires were. Glade was still very similar to a human, and he had no idea if his afterlife would be anything good. Probably not...I'm a cursed being, after all. At this point, blackness flooded his line of sight and the world was dimming. His eyes slipped shut on their own accord, and his body went limp. He was fully prepared to die...until he heard Amy call his name.

His blue eyes flew open, and his head rolled to the side as he tried to focus on the young werewolf. A tired smile appeared on his face when he saw it really was her and not just his imagination. "H-hi Amy," he whispered, his lips stained red with his own blood. His nose twitched, and he could faintly smell the contents of the basket she had brought. We won't be having tea together anymore, Amy. Another tear slipped free. I'm sorry. It would have been easier if I had been human.

"Glade..." Amy shivers from seeing her prince looking so weak and beat, tears fell down her face too, "Will! Big brother, stop it!!" Uncaring of his direct orders, she runs to them and yells as she slams her weak, small fists into the older werewolf's broad shoulders, "Stop hurting him, stop hurting him, stop it! Glade didn't do anything! Stop!" She couldn't help but feel like it was her fault that Glade was caught like this. If it weren't for her, the light haired boy could live far away from the wolf pack and would never have been in any danger, well not from them at least... there would be no definite hope that another werewolf would find him, and worse yet, if that were the case, Glade would never have been able to try her homemade sweet-lemon squares! All in all, she would never give up on Glade, even if Will was being extra scary.

To Will, Amy was just a victim and played no part in deciding if Glade should even live or not. His sister was being blinded by the tricks of a vampire, one that took her blood and pretended to be her friend as pure amusement... "I said go away, Amy. I'm not fighting with you. He's been using you. Taking your blood, and you're just too young to understand." The punches to him only felt like a kitten's paw smacking him, and if he weren't trying to punish an ungodly creature, then he may have thought it was cute.

The little girl shakes her head vigorously, her two pigtails whipping as she did so, and he grabs his shirt and tries to pull him off, obviously failing, "Will, he's never sucked my blood, he's still innocent! He doesn't have any black hairs and he's really soft and nice! He's only eaten my cookies and had the fruit boxes momma buys me, I promise! He's the only one who plays with me, please..." She cries even more and stops pulling him, taking a step back to let out loud sobs, "Nobody plays with me. Glade is the prince and I'm the princess! If you make him go away, nobody will play with Amy! Will!! Waaaa!" Falling to her bare knees, her tears fall into her lap and soak her shorts, clearly displaying the pain of a child neglected and in pain.

Amy's family would do anything for her. Make her snacks for lunch, go get her candy from the store, help bake her cakes, tie her shoes and protect her from anything, heavy falling objects to snakes in the backyard. Will and all of her other brothers and cousins would do the same, and none of them liked it when she cried, especially because it was rare. So when big brother Will listened to her, he felt a lot of his anger disappear and regret settle in its place. "Amy, I have to or-"

"Don't kill my only friend, Will! I'll hate you forever!!"

Her yell this time was directly at him, and her eyes were aimed at him with a lot of different emotions he never got to see. Did Will even have a choice now? "I suppose..." Will glances at the vampire under him and sighs out the rest, "We can make arrangements."

Despite the haze over his eyes, Glade's expression was attentive as he listened to the two werewolves decide his fate. He mentally sighed in relief when Will's grip on him loosened, as the bigger male was too busy dealing with Amy to pay much attention to him. His heartbeat slowed slightly, and he shifted so that his shoulder was no longer being crushed. Now he was curled up on his side, free for the moment, his cheek resting against the grass beneath him as he breathed deeply through his nose, trying to will away the pain. He wouldn't be able to heal unless he drank enough blood, and because he was a fledgling it would take much longer for him to recover. However, even with his injuries, he was still worried about the little girl who had become his closest friend.

"Amy..." he murmured when she started crying, his face contorting into one of pained concern rather than fear for himself. 'Glade is the prince and I'm the princess!' Hearing her say that had the vampire tearing up again, and he sniffed quietly, attempting to send the girl a reassuring smile. "I'm okay," he whispered, "I won't leave you." His gaze was drawn to Will, tensing as he waited for an answer. There was a moment's hesitation, and when he heard Will say that they could make arrangements, his smile became genuine. He took a deep breath, pushing the pain to the back of his mind, and rose to his knees, swaying slightly as he did so. Glade was safe for now, and because of that Will was no longer his main focus.

"Amy..." he repeated. He reached out to her with a shaking hand, and once she moved closer to him, he hugged her tightly. She was small, and on his knees his forehead came to rest on her shoulder; he too was quiet short.

Amy held onto him, clinging to him from her love of him and as a desperate waypoint for love in return. They both needed each other to live as it seemed as just from hearing the truth just now, even Will was even able to see that not even he could provide everything Amy needed. He didn't like to think, but he may be getting jealous over the way they hugged, because his sister never relied on him for something as intimate as a playmate and friend. He was only the brother that she would wake up for if there was a bug in her room at night, or if there was something in the house she couldn't reach. Oddly enough, that was like that for everyone else now that he thought about it. Nobody did ever play with her.

Will was able to catch the smile on Glade's face from happiness, and he had to admit it showed real emotions... 'from more than just being saved from death', he added to himself. Amy mentioned that this vampire was innocent, that his hair wasn't black and he was 'soft', which to him probably meant that he was weak and small, which Glade very much was. Did that really mean he was good? Will shakes his head and rubs his forehead as he stands up tall, 'It is just a lie. All vampires are bad, what am I even thinking?'

He lets the two have their moment for a little longer before patting rubbing his head and shifting slightly to the side, "Alright. As it stands for now, you two aren't allowed to be alone. You're only allowed to play inside of your home and you must stay there so I can keep an eye on you. If I smell anything suspicious, I will kill you, bloodsucker. And Amy won't be able to stop me the next time."

"Oki..." Amy hops a little and pulls away from the hug, she was smiling, but she still was crying from that terrible scare Will put her through, "Glade, that means I can finally show you my room, and! And! We can play dress up... Glade, I'm so happy!" She was too young to understand that the compromise was more than being able to play and drink tea. For the vampire, he'd be moving into a house filled with another species that hates him and could eat him alive. Nobody but Amy would be on his side, Will was only supposed to be the moderator and that was it.

Glade's body, which was icy cold to the touch, yearned for the warmth of Amy's touch after she pulled away from their embrace. He sighed softly, a slight shiver running through him as the heat she had given him fled from his being. The one thing that vampires instinctively craved almost as much as blood was warmth. Drinking human blood set a vampire's body on fire, but animal blood did not. Because of this, Glade was always subconsciously searching for warmth. If there was any type of heat nearby, he would gravitate towards it without even realizing. It was embarrassing sometimes, but it was his nature, and there was nothing he could do about it. His light blue eyes, which were almost transparent in the brightness of the sun, focused on Will when he spoke. He blinked and tilted his head slightly, amazing at how the werewolf's demeanor had changed in an instant. He really must love his sister.

The vampire nodded in response to Will's ultimatum, staring at him for a moment longer before taking Amy's hand in his. He was wary of the older werewolf, and he was absolutely terrified of having to live with the pack--he would be constantly surrounded by creatures that wanted to kill him--but there was no way he could abandon Amy. Not now. So he forced a smile, not wanting the little girl to worry about him anymore, and started walking with her back to her home, leaving Will behind. "I'd love to see your room," he agreed, and a sliver of excitement startled to mingle with the fear. He would be much closer to Amy now, and they could see each other more often. "Will you wear your crown when we dress up?" he asked. She loved playing prince and princess with him, and he liked it as well. "I'll braid your hair."