LevitatingPiez/Azuneko-LifeguardxMerboy

LevitatingPiez

Nanai looked at Nate as the other side him not to go. He swam a bit closer to him not wanting to get too close. He was worried the other night dislike it. "Wait your words don't make any sense. If you don't normally like guys then why kiss my cheek?" he asked feeling a little hurt. He really had fallen for the lifeguard.

His gaze drifts to the side a little as he decided to sit beside Nate once again. "You don't have to force yourself to accept my feelings. I mean a confession from a male as well as a merman, I'm sure it's very weird. So long as I can come and see you like this I'll be happy. I don't want you to force false feelings alright. I'll keep coming to visit and maybe you might come to really fall for me too."

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azuneko

• LevitatingPiez

"You can come closer if you want," Nate mumbled quietly, chewing his lip. "And maybe I want to try it out. Maybe I like you too..." He sighed and drew his knees to his chest. Nate didn't know what to feel, think or even say.

"And who said that my feelings were forced?" Nate added fiercely, frowning and squinting to stop any tears. "Why don't we try it out? I wouldn't mind that. I like you a lot. A lot..."

Nanai moved back towards Nate. He smiled a little as he listened to the human. "Alright then we can try it out. So which should we try first Nate. Underwater dating or on land dating? Either is fine with me it's just there's a small loophole if we decide to date on land." he said softly

His tail stayed in the water while he leans against a rock. Being able to hear Nate might like him the same way he does was a relief. He honestly wanted to fall in love with this person

Nate's face flushed with excitement and he beamed eagerly, taking the merman's hand. "Really?! Oh, awesome!" Nate cried, feeling some sort of weight being lifted from his chest. "I'm so glad..." His gaze softened. "And uh..." He thought about it, considering the pros and cons.

"Well, what's easier for you?" Nate asked, swinging his legs gently. "As long as I don't drown in the water, then that's fine...what's the loophole anyways?"

Nanai looked at the happy male. "Either doesn't bother me at all. However for me to come on land I'd have to gain legs. It's a temporary thing and only last for as long as one asks. During that time I'll have legs but I will lose something else. It's nothing serious but I might temporary lose my sight or my voice or my hearing. It depends mostly on what I like about you more. Anyway it's only temporary and only for the first time I come on land. After that any other time I want to come on land it'll be without worry." he said

Nate chewed his lower lip anxiously, frowning. He didn't want Nanai to lose anything, or be in pain. "But...I really don't want anything bad to happen to you," he told the merman, holding his hand tightly. "I don't want you to lose anything." He chewed his lip again. "But...how will I breathe in water...?"

Nate sighed heavily and ran a hand through his hair. "I wish I could help you with this. If you came onto land, though, I could take you different places and show you things. It would be fun...but I don't want you to suffer because of that!"

Nanai shook his head. "It's nothing to worry abou Nate. Humans have moving pictures about mermaids. My siblings said there's one they saw before when they came on land. It's about a girl mermaid who falls in love with a male she saves from a sinking ship. In order to see him she gains legs but loses her voice. It's like that so it isn't painful. The only difference is there's no sea witch involved." he said softly.

His gaze drifts to the water. "If you want to visit me you'd have to eat this special seaweed that grows near my home. Eating a certain amount will give you a certain amount of breathing time under water. However it's not very tasty for humans to eat."

Nate's gaze became warm and he laughed, squeezing Nanai's hand. "You mean The Little Mermaid?" he suggested, grinning. "That was one of my favourite movies when I was younger. I think it was the one that made me so obsessed with Mermaids and Mermen and the sea. And good. Ursula always scared me anyways..." He paused. "Have your brother been on land then? How did they see that movie?"

He simply shrugged. "I'll eat as much as I need if it means I can come and see you. A little bit of seaweed is nothing if it means that I get to go to Atlantis!"

Nanai smiled as he listened to Nate. "My brother lives on land because he fell in love with someone. He comes home every so often and tells us many things about being on land and sometimes his beloved will come and visit too. Its nice that so many humans are understanding when it comes to mer-folk. I do know not everyone is." he said softly.

Softly chuckling he looked at Nate. "You sure are funny. Whenever you like you can let me know before hand and I will bring some with me. My home sure is an alright place to be. However I bet begin on land is more interesting." he said

"Oh, really?" He smiled warmly and petted Nanai's forearm gently. "What's your brother's partner like? Are they nice?" He giggled and rested his chin on his arms. "I'm glad that you're happy here. There are lots of nice people, but..." Nate frowned. "Well, some can be violent and dangerous. Be careful up here. Please."

"Am I?" Nate looked pleased. "And I'm sure your home is amazing. There aren't that many interesting places up here. The Eiffel Tower is pretty, I suppose, but there aren't many interesting places or monuments..."

Nanai looked at Nate. "My brother's partner is very kind. He's a marine biologist if I am saying it correctly. So when he found out my brother was a merman he was very excited. I think he was more excited to get to explore the depths of the ocean than the fact that he was dating a merman. He still considers my brother to just be another person like you. My brother likes that because it makes him feel more normal than fish." he said

"Don't say that! To me your world is full with wonders. Just as you find my home to be full of wonders. It's the fact that we don't see these things everyday that makes it a wonder. Wouldn't you agree Nate?" he asked

"Oh? Is he? More interesting than me, I guess." Nate laughed gently. "I'm just a silly boy, doing cheap work..." He sighed a little. "Oh well. I'm glad to know that your brother is happy." He smiled again. "Oh, and yes, you did pronounce it correctly." Nate giggled a little. "You're so pretty Nanai. Almost like a girl..." He paused. "No offence, of course. I just mean that you're cute..."

Nate shrugged and smirked a little. "I suppose so. I'll take you around. And if people find out about your tail, then we'll just say that you're cosplaying... Well, we can go to town and stuff...we can buy things, too. Human food, maybe. You're not allergic to anything, are you?"

Nanai looked at him. "I a sure you are very interesting Nate. Don't sell yourself short." he said as he glanced to the side. His mind began to wander before he tilts his head. "A girl...? I don't like to think I'm girly in any way. I hope you aren't talking to me in the case that I'm girly looking." he said a bit worried. Nanai shook off the feeling as Nate began talking about them going around in the human world. "I wouldn't know if I am allergic to anything human food. I can just be very careful when eating."

Nate flushed, chewing his lower lip. He'd already messed up...he felt his skin prickle with heat. "Uh-I...I, sorry about that, I meant...' he stuttered. " I meant you looked really nice. I just..." Nate looked down. "Sorry."

He glanced upwards again. "Oh...well, we can find something good for you to eat, I promise!"

Nanai looked at Nate. He chuckled softly. "No need to get all worked up. I am not that upset about being girly. So please calm down." he said softly. He was finding the other's kind and honest personality to be very wonderful. His gaze turned to face the sea. "I am sure you will find the best types of foods for us to try. I have no doubt in my mind." he said with a gentle smile on his face.

Nate blushed and gave a meek smiled, rubbing his arm in a bashful way. "Ha ha...you're right, I should calm down. I panic far too much." He petted Nanai's hand gently. He looked out to the beach and watched the people for a minute. Nate sighed. "I wish you could meet all these people too. Maybe you should get legs first. There's a lot I want to show you. There ARE interesting things up here, and not all people are bad. Some are really good. I'm sure you'd be good with the children too!"

"I will twlk with my brother and father. Maybe I can see about getting legs. Also Nate you have to promise me something. You can't tel anyone I am a merman. Also once you visit me you can't disclose the location to anyone. I know many people can be nice like yu but not everyone is. So can you promise me even when I come on land not to tell anyone?" he asked a bit worried. He knew how serious this was by he had to ask. He knew the lengths his brother and his lover go through to keep the secret. So he had to be sure Nate would be able to keep silent too

Nate listened anxiously, nodding along, his hands in his lap. "Yeah, yes, of course, Nanai! I won't tell anyone, I swear..." He marked an X over his chest. "See, I crossed my heart. I can't tell anyone else now." He smiled a little. "And I hope your family will like me. I promise I'll be polite and kind." He paused. "And besides...how many people would actually believe me if I told them that?!" Nate giggled. "I mean, I won't, but they'd think I was crazy...

Nanai looked at Nate. "Do people on land really not believe in the unknown and mysterious? I mean they write about it and make movies about it too. So would they really think you are out of your wits if you said my boyfriend is a mermaid?" he asked just curious. He was glad Nate would keep the secret as he knew he wouldn't reveal himself to anyone. Though he found it odd humans could seem open minded and yet so closed minded at the same time. It interested him as mer-folk were the same way.