Ain't Misbehavin' (~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~ X Charade) (18+)

Charade

"I ain't cute." He noticed that Vince was looking him up and down. "'N stop lookin' at me like that, it's plain creepy as hell, ya weird old man." Even though his words were as sharp as broken glass, he had a dark red flush on his cheeks as he was led to a table, sitting down in the chair that Vince had pulled out for him. Felix noticed the looks they received, and also how quickly the people looked away when they saw who exactly they were looking at.

A waitress appears and hands them menus, before zooming away, Felix staring after her, before looking at Vince. Shoving his thumb in the direction the waitress had gone, he frowns. "Ain't she supposed to ask us what we want for drinks before takin' off like that?" He asks, picking up the menu and looking at what was on it. All of it looked so good, he didn't know what to pick.

"I dunno, what d'you suggest old man? It all looks good." It was now becoming his thing to call Vince an old man whenever Vince called him kid. He sets the menu down, and takes off his hat, placing on his lap, and, rather reluctantly, his gloves as well. He shoves them in his pockets, and hides his hands under the table.

He hated his hands. They were really feminine, slender and small, with smooth skin and perfectly manicured nails. Even though he didn't even try to have his hands looking that way, they just did. Even his wrist were girly, thin, with his wrist bone faintly in view. Felix had always been ashamed of his hands, that's why he wore the gloves.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

• Charade

"She sure is. City folk ain't exactly known for bein' especially courteous, though," Vincenzo chuckled, scanning the menu. "Hell, I don't know what you like. They got anythin' your little heart could ever desire on a pizza, so go wild." He smiled slightly, observing the other, when he noticed how quickly Felix hid his bare hands.

"And what's that all about?" he asked, gesturing towards the other's lap. "If I didn't know better I woulda thought you were a little kid who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, the way you shoved your hands in your pockets like that." He chuckled, then raised an eyebrow. "You hidin' something from me, Felix?"

"Sh-shut up ya old fart! It's none of your damn business!" He looks away, pouting a bit when questioned about what he just did. His face was flushed even more red now, and he looks away from Vince, a look of childlike denial all over his face, the very tips of his ears reddening as well. Vince's teasing made him darkened even more, until his whole face was so heated you probably could have cooked an egg on it.

"I ain't hidin' nothin' from you, Vince!" He turns to glare at Vince, noticing the amused expression on the other's face. "Whaddaya thinks so funny, huh?" He demands, glowering at Vince even more. If he was anything at all right now, he was a teapot, getting ready to boil, with steam coming from his ears. Even though he acted like he was annoyed and irritated, he really wasn't, in fact he was actually enjoying himself quite a lot.

After a moment, the waitress returns, this time asking what they'd like to drink, before asking if they'd decided what they wanted to eat. "Um...I'll just have water for now, thanks." He looks down, and saw that the woman's legs were trembling, her knees knocking against each other. She looked as if she was about to pee herself, by the way she was trembling, and the expression on her face. Sometimes Felix spoke without thinking, and this was one of those times."Uh, excuse me miss, but are you okay? You look as if you've seen a ghost or summat, and you're about to either pas out, or piss yerself."

The girl's eyes widened, as she looked back and forth between Felix and Vince, stuttering, trying to come up with a coherent response. Vincenzo sighed, gesturing towards the kitchen. "Just get us two waters, 'kay, doll? Now run along." He shooed her away, bringing his attention back to Felix, his expression hardening.

"Normally, I'd have to scold ya for yellin' at me..." He tried holding back laughter but couldn't, as he started chuckling over the preceding events. "...but that, that right there, was priceless. I ain't never met anybody as free-spirited and carefree as yourself, kid, it's pretty amazing." He smiled softly, a different expression in his eyes, but only for a second. "Now," he said, clearing his throat. "You got any idea on what you wanna eat? They got desserts too, y'know."

He stares down at the table, fighting the urge to bust out laughing, his sides beginning to hurt from the effort of containing his laughter. The moment the waitress left, he begins to laugh, but only after he listened to what Vince had to say, noticing how the other was trying not to laugh as well. They laugh together, a smile on Felix's lips when they calmed down somewhat.

"Where I'm from they can't stand me." He grins at Vince." And I haven't met someone like you either. You're amazing yourself." He grins more, missing the change of expression in the other's eyes, having picked up the menu again, careful to keep his hands hidden from view. Listening to Vince and reading over what was written, he just shrugs again, totally unsure what to decide on.

Felix looks up at Vince over the menu, his eyes staring directly at the other male, looking kind of like a cat stalking it's prey. For a moment he was silent, just sitting there, gazing at Vince, not blinking his eyes once. After a moment he snorts in laughter, letting the menu flop onto the table. "You pick for me." He grins, the red from his face finally beginning to fade, so his face was back to it's normal color.

"Alright, we'll see if you can handle a man-sized appetite then," Vincenzo said with a smirk, setting the menu down and calling the waitress, who scurried back over. What the hell was up with this chick? Vince tended to get this reaction from women a lot, he didn't know if they were scared of him, attracted to him, or just downright nervous people, but when it wasn't entertaining, it was annoying as hell.

Either way, he spoke with a smile. "He'll have a 14-inch, double stuffed, with all the toppings, zuppa toscana, and the cannoli for dessert." 'Zuppa toscana' and 'cannoli' were both said with a slight Italian accent. He grinned at Felix, handing both menus to the woman.

"A-and you, sir?" she, miraculously, managed.

"Me? I'll just have a caesar salad, and another water." He smiled up at the woman who quickly wrote their orders down, scurrying off to the kitchen once again. He turned his attention back towards Felix. "I'm tellin' you, Felix, they ain't got nothin' like this in McHenry, this is the best Italian cuisine you can get that ain't made by my grandma." He drank some of his water, watching Felix.

"Y'know, don't think I didn't notice you starin' me down over that menu," he said with a smirk. "'Cause I definitely noticed. Only reason I didn't say nothin's 'cause your so cute."

Staring dumbfounded as Vince said some weird order to the waitress, he watches as she scurries off, before looking to Vince once more. He hadn't caught on to anything the guy had ordered, evident by the confusion on his face. He snaps to when Vince talks to him, saying something about how McHenry didn't have anything like this place, and he shrugs nonchalantly.

"Well, I ain't never had pizza or Italian before, so....yeah...well, I've had spaghetti, but that's 'bout it." He grins, feeling a bit stupid right then, but knew it didn't matter. Now that he lived in Chicago, he'd get to try all the pizza he wanted, and any Italian food he desired to try. Well, that is if his Uncle Lucas let him and all.

His eyes widen a bit when Vince comments about how he'd noticed Felix staring at him, and he looks down, staring at his hands, a faint pink forming on his cheeks again. The pink darkens to red when he heard Vince call him cute, and looks up to glare at Vince, embarrassment evident all over his face. "I told ya before, I ain't cute! A-and besides, only reason I was lookin' at ya was cuz your so funny lookin' I couldn't look away!"

Felix was heated that the other had seen him staring. He grabs his water and drinks it, forgetting he wasn't wearing his gloves. When he realizes this fact seconds later, he quickly sets down the glass and hides his hand again, this time sitting on both of them, face burning red just like before.

Vincenzo watched intently, raising an eyebrow. "I don't see nothin' wrong with your hands," he stated. "So why do you keep on hidin' 'em?" Then it clicked. Felix's hands were feminine, but Vincenzo didn't see anything wrong with that. Still, he didn't see anything wrong with a lot of things.

"Let me see your hands," he demanded, putting his own hands palm up on the table. They were large and slightly callused, from doing a lot of physical labor when he was in the orphanage, and doing his job today. Honestly, he hated his own hands from time to time, they were the epitome of "man hands" and sometimes, it just made him feel gross.

"Eh?! No! I ain't showin' you my hands, even if you do show me yours!" Felix responds, glancing at Vince's hands as he placed them on the table. They at least looked like normal male hands, unlike his own which looked like they'd been chopped off of a woman's body and stuck on his own. When it came to showing other's his hands, Felix was a as stubborn as a mule, and no matter what one might say or do, there was absolutely no way he'd show them to anyone.

He looks down at the table, then up at Vince, the stubbornness showing in his eyes. "And my hands are totally unnatural, so it's definitely wrong!" Even though he knew that many people would kill for hands like his, mainly women, he hated his hands. They just didn't look right in his opinion. Guys weren't supposed to have hands like that, perfect and soft with nails looking like they went to the nail parlor every day for a touch up.

"No matter what you say to me, I ain't gonna show you. So don't try askin' me again." He sticks his tongue out at Vince, blushing less then before, though a faint red remained on his cheeks, and wouldn't go away. But he didn't care. Blushing was blushing right, totally normal. Unlike his hands.

"So, assumin' you don't appreciate bein' called cute," Vincenzo said. "So you and your hands are both very... Attractive." He smiled, proud of his word choice. "But, if it bothers you that much, I'll let it go. For now." He grinned. "Don't be expectin' me to let it go forever, though."

Just then, the waitress walked up, holding a large circular tray, covered with food. She set it down and began placing the food on the table. In front of Felix, she placed a large, steaming pizza, so covered in toppings you could barely see the actual pizza underneath, a bowl of soup with meat, potatoes, and kale floating around the top, and a small plate with two cannoli, sugar sprinkled lightly on the top, with several pieces of chocolate and berries placed decoratively around it. In front of Vince, she placed a caeser salad and another glass of water.

"I hope you're hungry," Vincenzo chuckled, looking at Felix over the large amount of food that had been placed in front of him.

He was about to reply to Vince's comment when the waitress arrived at their table, placing food down in front of him, making his eyes grow wide. He'd never seen anything like it before, his mouth watering a bit after seeing the super sweet looking cannoli. Felix doubted that he'd be able to eat even half of the food before him, but he'd try some of everything.

Glancing up at Vince, hearing him say he hoped Felix was hungry. Grinning a bit, he chuckles softly. "I'm hungry, but uh...I doubt I'm gonna be able to eat all of this." He begins to eat, expertly keeping his hands from view. It was obvious that Felix had had a lot of practice with this sort of thing. As he bit into the pizza, he could barely contain his enthusiasm, a huge smile on his face, eyes wide. "Wow! This is really good!"

He then tries the soup, it tasted a bit weird, but at be same time the flavor was nice. However, the thing he enjoyed most was desert, smiling even more as he ate it. From his expression it was obvious Felix had a thing for sweet things. "Mmm...chocolate. Gotta love it." He murmurs happily. Even though he didn't try finishing the pizza or soup, because he one he couldn't, he ate all of the desert.

Looking to Vince again, he watches the other as he ate, though he tried to keep this hidden from him. After a moment he clears his throat, and looks straight at Vince. "So uh...what's after this?" He asks, scratching his knee, wondering what they'd be doing after they were done eating at the restaurant.

"Well," Vince said, swallowing the rest of the food in his mouth. "We could go to the docks, which ain't particularly exciting', but it's definitely a different environment from McHenry. There's lots of art museums, bowling alleys, the park, there's the theatre..." He genuinely tried to think of something, he definitely couldn't bring Felix to the kind of places he frequented, especially since it was his job to prevent him from finding out about one of them, and he honestly didn't come with a plan. He just wanted to spend time with the other, which sort of confused him.

"You got any ideas on what you wanna do, kid?" he asked with a grin, taking another drink from his glass.

"The park sounds like fun. And so does these docks, though you said they ain't exciting. All of it sounds pretty intrestin' to me." He shrugs, not able to make up his mind on where he wanted to go first. He leans back in his chair, pulling his gloves back on, and sighing in relief at the feeling of the material against his skin. He hated having to take his gloves off, especially around people he didn't know. He even disliked having to take them off around his own mother and father.

After a moment of thinking, he looks at Vince again. "Well, how 'bout we jus' look around, an' then maybe somethin'll come up, ya think? Fer now I jus' wanna see the town, not actually go 'n do stuff, ya know? Besides, old man, I could always go back 'n go to some o' the places you said with my uncle. Or you if'n you want to an all." He grins right back, and pulls his hat on, making sure it was securely in place.

He had a mischievous grin on his face, and even though he was saying he was going to stick with Vince as the other showed him around, Felix had other plans in store. There was no way in hell he'd just be satisfied with looking at all those places Vince had mentioned, so Felix had decided to moment that he got the chance and Vince's back was turned, he was going to go on a little sightseeing of his own.

"Good by me," Vince said, standing up. "I'll be back, okay? I just gotta pay real quick." He walked towards the counter, pulling a wallet out of his pocket, and handing some money to the woman behind the counter. She smiled and took the money, talking to him for a minute. He smiled and laughed at something she said.

Of course, the places he mentioned were not the best places to go, but Lucas would murder him if he had taken Felix to the places he usually went, and would completely torture him if he took Felix to the speakeasy. Vince didn't see the point of going to the city if you didn't go to places like that anyways, but he didn't question Lucas. He figured it was best to not push his luck, but he wasn't sure how much longer he could go basically lying to Felix.

"Sure, okay!" Felix replies, grinning widely. His eyes following as Vince left the table, and went to the counter to pay. Chuckling to himself, he gets up from the chair, and as stealthily as a black cat in an alley way at night, he slips out of the restaurant and takes a deep breath, before looking around, deciding to take a left. Walking away, he felt giddy, his chest pounding in his chest.

On the table he'd left a comical message for Vince behind, made out of torn paper napkin. It read: "Smell ya later, old geezer!' there was a face as well, with it's tongue sticking out, and eyes crossed, and a dunce hat perched on top of it's head.

As he made his way farther and farther from the Italian place, he begins to laugh. After a moment he cqlms down, and looks around, not sure where to go next. However, as his gaze shifted from left to right, he noticed a man beckoning at him, and being overly trusting he walks over. "Yeah, waddaya want?" He asks, making the man laugh. "You wanna see some place interestin' kid?" Felix's eyes open wide. "Do I ever!" He smiles and nods.

"Well then, follow me!" The man turns down an alley way, and after a moment of glancing around, he shrugs, and goes after him, wondering where he was being taken to. He asks this out loud to the man, but all he got in response was "it's a surprise, but you'll love it!" Felix grins, excited.

The man led Felix down an alley, to a door. He knocked four times, then a man behind the door opened a hole for his eyes. "The password?" he asked.

"Oh come on Andrew, you know who I am," the man whined, gesturing to Felix besides him. "Besides, I'm tryin' to show this kid where all the good shit's at, ya know, don't embarrass me!"

Andrew chuckled, closing the latch and opening the door, welcoming the two inside. It was an extremely elaborate, fancy interior, with red plush bar stools and red plush booths, several chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, a dance floor filled with people doing the Charleston, and a stage by it, with a jazz band performing. The women were mostly flappers, with the exception of a few high-class old ladies, and the majority of men were dressed somewhat similar to Vince, except the few high-class old men, and a group of what appeared to be mobsters at a booth in the corner.

Behind the mahogany bar stood a blonde man, with a name tag reading "Jimmy," who was pouring drinks for several customers. "So, where'd Leoni disappear to?" another blonde man, sitting at the bar, asked.

"I dunno, Doc, said he had a date with some broad, wouldn't tell me much else," Jimmy pouted, pouring drinks for another patron as he spoke. The doctor scoffed, swallowing down the rest of his gin.

"Welcome to Club Lucky!" the man said, gesturing to the entire room, grinning big, awaiting Felix's reaction.

Meanwhile...

Vince's eye twitched as he held the napkin in his hand. Everyone in the restaurant knew that look by now -- Vincenzo Leoni was out for blood. He stormed out and down the road. Without any idea of where to look, he headed towards Club Lucky, hoping that someone there could help him out.

"The passwo-- oh, hey Leoni," Andrew said with a smile, opening the door for the other man.

"Can it, Andrew," Vince hissed, quickly striding over to the bar. Some flapper grabbed onto his arm and giggled, leaning her head on his arm as she looked up at him, slurring words that Vincenzo really didn't care about. Ignoring her, he began to speak to the bartender. "Jimmy, I'm in deep shit," he said, taking his hat off and running his fingers through his hair.

His eyes widen at what was shown to him, spinning around on the spot, staring at everything to memorize the view that was around him. "Wow! This here is amazing!" He exclaims, a huge grin on his face. He wanders off, to look by himself, and eventually found himself surrounded by five rather good looking women, who were squealing over him.

"Ooooh he's so darling!" One says, tugging at his collar.

"Yeah, you got that right, he's quite the looker, adorable and handsome!" Another pipes up.

"Look at that hair, it's so nice and shiny!" One runs her fingers through his bangs. "And soft too!"

They begin touching him and flirting, one going as far as to kiss him on the cheek, and another begins to tickle him on his sides. It was apparent all five women were either drunk or close to it. He begins to laugh, his voice high. If one paid enough attention, they could easily recognize the difference between any other person's laugh, and Felix's laugh.

He hadn't noticed Vince come in, as he tries to get the women to stop tickling him, not doing a very god job at it. "S-stop it, that tickles!" He squirms as they continued tickling him on his sides, neck, and stomach, they too laughing with him.

"Oh really, and why's that?" Jimmy asks as Vince comes up to the bar. "You look like you did something stupid and you're about to pay dearly for it."

"Don't remind me, I--" Vince stopped mid-sentence as he saw Felix surrounded by women. He raised an eyebrow, that was certainly a charming new development.

Approaching the group, he managed the nicest smile he could, given the circumstances, and took one of the women's hand, kissing it gently. "Excuse me, doll," he said, grinning. "But could you and your friends give us a minute please? We have some... unfinished business." She blushed and her friends laughed, gushing over how they had encountered two attractive men in a matter of minutes as they staggered away.

Turning his attention back to Felix, Vincenzo's smirk remained, though there was a twinge of hurt in his eyes. "Runnin' off without me so soon?" He only prayed Felix wouldn't remember this place, where it was, or ever, for the love of all that's good and holy, bring it up to Lucas.

"V-Vince! Uh, hey, you found me, huh?" He grins, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, a cheesy look on his face. A bit disappointed that he'd been found so early, he glances over at the women who had walked away, then focuses on Vince again. He knew that now he'd been found, he'd probably be led out, and back home to his uncle no doubt.

Lowering his eyes for a moment, but looks up to Vince again. "Sorry bout that, I mean, I got bored. By the way, this place wasn't any of the places ya told me 'bout, it's awesome here!" He pauses. "But yer probably gonna make me leave, huh? Oh well, I had my fun. I promise t'be good from now on." He rose his right arm as if in oath, though a grin remained on his lips.

Even if they did leave, Felix had memorized the way there. But that's not what he tells Vince. "N don't worry, I got a terrible memory, so even if I tried, I probably couldn't even find this place again even if I wanted to." His thoughts then land on that of his uncle. His grin slips a bit. "By the way, you ain't gonna tell my uncle about this, are ya?" He hoped not, that would be bad. Really bad.

Vincenzo almost burst out laughing at the last question. Yeah fuckin' right, kid, your uncle would shoot me dead in a heartbeat if he knew you were here. "I won't tell if you don't," he said, grinning slightly. "But yeah, it is around time for you to go home anyways. C'mon, kid." He grabbed Felix's wrist and began to lead him out, when a large, booming voice called his name.

"Vincenzo Leoni, you cheap, Italian bastard, how the hell are you?" a man, who was almost as tall as Vince, and maybe even 3 times as wide, approached, smiling widely. "Say, you thought about doin' business with me and my boys or what?"

Vince stared at him in horror. Perfect, just fuckin' perfect. He really hoped Felix wasn't the kind to run his mouth, last thing he needed was the kid telling his uncle about some weird old fat guy coming up to them, talking about "business." "Guido, can't you see I'm sorta busy here?"

Guido just laughed a hearty laugh. "Si, si, I see." His eyes widened and he laughed even harder at his own joke, causing Vince to cringe just a bit. "Just think about it though, okay? We's got the best liquor in all'a Chi-Town, you'da have to be stupid to go with someone else, and I's know you, Vincenzo, and I's know that you's not stupid." He smiled, and staggered off, his voice consistently booming through the speakeasy.

"Let's just get out of here, okay?" he said with a nervous smile, practically dragging Felix out of the building and to his car. "Can't take my eyes off you for a damn second, can I?" he asked, getting right into his car without bothering to open the door for the other.

As his wrist was grabbed by Vince, he blushes, and follows after the taller man, stumbling slightly as he was pulled along, almost slamming into Vince's back when he suddenly stopped to talk to someone. A huge man was standing there, and all Felix could do was stare, he'd never seen a man like that before. But before anything was really said, they'd moved on, Felix glancing back.

"Who the heck was that?" He asked, his voice filled with awe. Even though he asked this, he doubted that Vince would answer, so he followed after him, well, more like stumbled since he was being dragged along. They reach the car, and Felix noticed that Vince hadn't even opened the door for him like he had done all the other times before this.

Opening the car door, and getting in, he grins at Vince's statement or question or whatever it was. "Heh, pretty much. But who knows, maybe you think it's fun thatta way, eh? Give ya somethin' to do, ya know? I sure don't mind." Felix teases the older male, grinning even more. He didn't look forward to going back to the house, but it was only a few more hours until night time, and he'd be out once more.

"It ain't fun when you're responsible for someone," Vince said, starting the car. "I'm serious, don't you mumble a word of this to your uncle. He'll rip my balls off if he finds out, y'know? And that ain't gonna be all that pleasant for me," he fake pouted, stopping at the intersection.

He glanced at Felix out of the corner of his eye. Goddamn, he really is somethin' special... he thought to himself, biting his lower lip. Shit what?! He quickly brought his attention back to the road, running a red light, tires screeching around his Pontiac, as he expertly maneuvered his way out of the situation. Are you some sort'a fuckin' nut?! That is a man, a male, a boy, a guy, a fella, in other words, NOT A LADY. This is wrong, it's wrong, Vince, what you're feelin' is all kinds of wrong, so stop it. Stop it, damn you!

Snorting with laughter at Vince's comment, he just smiles wide at the other male. "Oh, ya think? Wow, sounds awful painful. But I promise not take tell, but you'll owe me two fold now." He holds up two fingers, grinning his signature mischievous grin, his eyes twinkling playfully. He chuckles again, settling in the seat and looks out the window as they were stopped at a intersection.

However, he almost freaks out when Vince suddenly runs a red light, and grips the seat, his eyes wide, but then squeeze shut. After a moment, when he was sure they were fine, he opens his eyes again, and glares at Vince, his heart pounding, his knees trembling slightly. He takes a deep breath, and let's it out slowly, before facing Vince, turning in his seat.

"Oi! What the hell was that for?! I know yer mad about me runnin' off, but jeeze no need to try an' give me a heart attack, ya crazy buffoon!" He flops back on the seat, taking g deep breaths, and trying not to think about what had just happened. He had a frown on his lips, and was kind of relieved to see his uncle's street coming into view. But at the same time, he was disappointed as well, for he didn't want to go back just yet.

Vince glanced at Felix, trying not to laugh at the other's reaction. "First thing ya need to know about me, kid, is that I always know what I'm doin'," he said with a smug smirk. "Especially if someone else's safety, assumin' it ain't someone that I wanna hurt, is involved." He pulled up to Lucas's house, turning to face Felix, smiling.

"Well, I suppose this is where we say our goodbyes," he said, wanting Felix to just get out so he can go, without having to see Lucas.

Sure he did...Felix doesn't say this out loud, but remains silent as they arrive at the house. For a few seconds he just sits there, before looking at Vince again and smiles a bit. "Yeah, see ya 'round Vince!" Getting out of the car, he pauses, then turns around and faces the other guy one last time. "'N don't worry, I won't say a word, cross m'heart and all that stuff. I wouldn't wanna lose my balls either, that'd be a mighty sad day indeed.." He winks, placing his forefinger against his lips, before closing the car door and turning and going up to the house.

Heading inside, he lets his uncle know he was back, before heading up to his room, taking off his shoes and hat, and goes into the bathroom, deciding to take a look around there, or at least glances at everything before going back to his room and sitting on the cushioned chair that was in the corner of the room, opening a book and beginning to read.

Tricks jumps to his lap and curls up there, purring happily now that Felix was back. "Did ya miss me? " He murmurs, petting the cat softly, a smile on his lips. "Ya know what, today was fun. And hopefully tonight will be even more fun.." he whispered the last bit into Tricks's ear, who meowed. "It will ya say? Well, I hope you're right." He grins, and continues to read.

He'd decided he'd take a shower before he went out later, he wanted to be nice and clean for his adventure. For now, he'd just pass time reading, and later on in the evening he ate supper with his uncle, before heading back up to his room to read some more, deciding the best time to sneak out would be after his uncle fell asleep.