ARIAS (with Beatlechan and Lemonade☆)

Lemonade☆

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• beatlechan

• Lemonade☆

Damion Grey, 32 years old. Birthday 1-22-1982. Single no children. From the time he learned to speak he would always sing so his parents enrolled him him in lessons at a early age. As he got older his passion for singing grew. His love for the arts in general grew as well. So along the way he learned to paint and to play instruments. Of the playable instruments he specialized in piano and oboe. He also had basic knowledge of all instruments, so if he had to play them he could. Damion is a lover of all music in general but his favorite genre is classical music. By the time he got to high school his parents made it clear that they wanted him to find a more stable career to go into which saddened him since they were the ones that got him started, but he told them no. That he wanted to be an opera singer. His mother caved but that was the point where his relationship with his dad started to get rocky. Overall high school was stormy. He had a handful of friends (still friends). Being so busy with his studies, competitions, and concerts he never paid attention to hanging out and dating too much. On rare occasions he did but it never worked. He never questioned anything til he met his history teacher his senior year. They had a brief coupling a few times before he graduated. Of course no one knew. College seemed to go by smoother. He wasn't as shy he spoke more. Even dated a little. By now he has excepted who he is and came out. In the end he only speaks to his mother. At college Damion was the star, the golden child of the music department. He was in every type of show that had music. Concerts, plays competitions, randomly singing around campus. He did it all. By his 3rd year he started auditioning for local theaters. Of course he had to do it as an internship since he was still a student so no money was rolling in yet. He worked odd messenger jobs at all hours do to his already bus schedule and when his mother could afford to sneak and send him money she did. By the time he graduated he was deemed the youngest summa cum laude of music at 24. After college he hit Broadway in New york and did Second city in Chicago. He flew all over to England, Japan, Ireland and sang with orchestras. He truly was happy with his professional career although he felt lonely at times. 10 years later into his career he was back home doing an opera, Carmen by Georges Bizet. After a long night of hanging out, he decided to walk home since it was nice out and he was attacked. That night May 19 changed his life. He was attacked and mugged by a group gangsters. During the attack, his throat was badly injured, leaving him unable to sing, and therefore unable to continue his career as an aria singer. So, he became a music teacher at a high school for art.

(let me know if its ok)

Jiyong Kwon, 18 years old. Birthday 11-18-1996. Single no children.

He loved to sing ever since he was very little, but no one really took notice of that at first.

His parents had a terrible marriage, which resulted in a divorce when he was 9. Neither parent wanted custody of him, they both wanted to start over.

So, his grandmother took him in.

She was very loving, and quickly picked up on his love of music, so she encouraged him to sing, and bought him all sorts of classical music to listen to. Though, he never had formal lessons. His love of classical music grew.

When he was 13 his grandmother died, leaving him completely alone.

He became mean and agitated because he was lonely, and sad.

One day in middle school, he got into a fight with 3 gangsters. Miraculously, he won the fight.

This got the attention of the gang leader, he saw potential in the tough kid.

The gang leader invited him to join the gang.

He quickly agreed, it was exactly what he needed: a group of people to rely on, and a purpose in life.

He stopped showing up to school so that he could do more work for the gang, but he was able to get the support he needed. One gang member in particular cared for him, and acted as his big brother.

He became one of the most loyal, successful gang members.

Throughout that time, his passion for music only grew!

When he was in high school, his gang leader granted him permission to try out for a certain high school in order to get into the music program, as long a it didn't interfere with his gang duties

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want to start? Or do you want me to?

Is there anything else we need before we start?

Its 6am as Damion lays and stares at the wall. He huffs to himself really thinking he should call in today. Another dull day of trying to get kids to sing who doesn't care about the classics. He sits up and scoots to the edge of the bed reaching over to shut the alarm off. He sighs and geta up gathering his bath robe and toiletries for his shower. After 20 mins he gets amd dresses and grabs his bag heading out the door.

As Damion walks into the school, he is stopped by the principal. Who tells him that there's a potential new student, who he'll have to audition. He adds that the student has gotten into trouble in his last school, but not to let that effect his judging of the audition.

Jiyong is running late, as usual. He didn't really care. He scarfs down some toast for breakfast, and drives to school despite not having a license. He parks in a teachers spot, and walks into school. He receives stares from the other students because he's breaking 2 rules at once.

1: you must always wear a uniform

2: you must not have dyed hair

Jiyong isn't phased by the stares, or maybe he's just oblivious to them. He's looking around as he walks, observing his new school, and striding down the hallway like he owns the place, finally coming to Damion's classroom, where he'll audition.

Damion is sitting at the table with the principal and the head of the music department. He inwardly sighs wishing he told the principal it was too late for stragglers but as usual he said nothing. Why did he care? He really hates his job. As he sits tapping his pen and checking his watch he notes this person is late a huge pet peeve of his. He turns to the principal. "I don't think they're going to show sir. Can we wrap this up?"

"Just give it a few more minutes," the principal said. "It's his first time here, so he's probably just lost...."

As if on cue Jiyong came in at that moment.

He truly looked like the gangster he was from his head to his toes.

His hair was dyed from his natural black to a gawky blond. His ears were pierced. He wore a black t shirt and ripped jeans.

"Hey, uh, sorry I'm late." He said casually as he walked in. "So, can we get this started?"

Damion inwardly groans and rolls his eyes. "For future references... be 10 minutes early if there is a next time. Being late gives off a careless attitude". Damion looked him up and down openly not hiding the fact that he thought is attire was atrocious. "Please state your name and age and begin when you are ready.

"Tch.. It's Jiyong Kwon. Now, uh.. Do you have a song for me to sing or should I just pick one?" He hoped desperately that it was the latter because he had never learned to read music.

Damion's eye twitches. "Go ahead and pick a song of your choice. Genre does not matter. Make sure to continue ro the end and if you stumble. You are allowed once chance to restart. Alright please continue". Damion was getting irritated. He was convinced the principal wasted his time on purpose.

He nodded. "Got it. I won't need to restart." He said cockily.

He took a deep breath and paused for a second, preparing himself somewhat nervously. He didn't let his nervousness show.

He began to sing "E lucevan le stelle" ("and the stars were shining") from the opera Tosca.

Contrary to his appearance, he had a fantastic voice. The sound was pure and beautiful.. What he didn't have, however, was control or technique. The talent was there, but the learned skill was not.

He went on with the song, giving it his all.

Damion was stunned at the raw talent he displayed. A bit of technical errors but with lessons could be fixed. He truly was impressed. Made him think of himself when he was still able to sing. He felt his eyes tear up and quickly blinked them away. He continued to watch in stunned silence thinking to himself guess you can't judge a book by its cover. He sat and listened to the end an applauded. "Well Mr. Kwon, im speechless. That was outstanding. Who did you study with? "

Jiyong grinned smugly, quite proud of himself. "No one." He said simply "I learned on my own.. But, I figured it was time to start learning from someone now." He said. "So, I'm in right?" He asked, presumptuously.

Damion shakes his head. "Not so fast Mr. Kwon. There is another part of the audition. I need you to sight read and piece thats placed on the table. Take 5 mins and look it over then begin.

Damion nodded. "Of course. How else do you learn new music. You have to read it first." Damion stared at him for a minute watching him turn pale. Then the light bulb clicked on. "Unless.... you cannot read sheet music. Is this the case?"

"Psh.. No! Of course I can read music.." He lied. He gulped and took a look at the music, hoping he would magically comprehend it. That, of course, was not the case

"Uh..." His cheeks turned red as his lie and shortcoming were exposed.

"What?! But-" Jiyong started to protest

"You just said he did a fantastic job on singing didn't you? And you could always teach him to read music, so it should be fine isn't it?" The principal asked

"But sir we are already into the 2nd semester..." Damion stops his rant because he knows its a lost cause. "Fine.. if he can't read by midterms he will have to leave". He looks over at Jiyong. "Is that understood? Don't let me regret this. You have alot of work ahead. Congratulations".