iPhones to iFarm (KuroBear and Zombie_In_A_Box )

KuroBear

Samuel couldn't hold in a small grin on his face at what Trip said first. "I know you have stars; I'm more curious about how bright they are. In the city they're dull... All the polution and all." He muttered quietly, closing his eyes while laying on the grass. Maybe he could get used to small things like this. Though he was sure that his father would make him work with the animals or plants or some shit like that. Now that would be disgusting; and dirty. Very dirty. And he hated dirt, so he had about zero ideas on how was he going to cope with all that. The thought alone - working in a farm - sent shivers down his spine. Perhaps he'd get used to it later, perhaps he would learn how to hide his disgust, but not yet. Not now.

"Ah, join you? I'd love to!" Samuel exclaimed almost happily, opening his eyes to look at the other. "Mm? Sure you can. Whatever makes it easier for you." He said with a light grin, trying to ease the atmosphere around them. "So... Could you tell me what do you find great about working here? I really don't get it; be as blunt as you can." He requested with the smallest bit of nervousness in his smile. No one could tell if it was genuine or fake; not even Samuel himself. Which was a bit weird... Oh well, he often found himself lost in his own emotions.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KuroBear

• Zombie_In_A_Box

Trip would of happily responded, but the smile on Sam's face made the boy stop and question what it's words behind it were. Because he couldn't find a clear answer, for it, he instead tried to explain bluntly why he adored his job. The truth was that there was no simple way to say why... In fact, Harold didn't know exactly why either. He's been doing it ever since he was properly able to use his hands. Rubbing the side of his face, Trip swallowed and thought. Maybe he could try to gt Samuel to understand at the least, whether the city agreed or not, "My Pop an' I used to run the place together. After he left, he put me in charge of it all. I'm kinda like the king around here," He chuckled, "My momma can't do half of the things I can an' I'm tough. Born for it. Nothi'n challenges me more than to try and scrape grime out the bottom of a angry horse's shoe. Trust me. It's not as easy as it would seem..."

"Sorry I can't give ya a good answer, but try to explain how the solar system works yourself an' see that it ain't not easy." Moving his toes around inside his boots in anticipation for Sam's thoughts, Harold glanced down at them and saw just how dirty they had gotten, along with the bottom hems of his pants. Man, his mom is going to be upset... this was one of the only outfits she had said not to get filthy and that's exactly what happened. He shrugged it off, knowing he'd have to prepare himself for a whack on the head or something once he got back home.

"It doesn't sound easy at all, I don't even doubt that." Samuel said with a half-serious half-joking expression. The brunet closed his eyes again, shifting a little bit on the ground. "So... Basically you're kind of stuck in this place, huh? I mean, not really in a bad way, since you clearly enjoy it, but... Your dad got you into it and you proved to be good, so you had to stay." He tried to sort his thoughts out as he sighed and lightly shook his head. "Nah, that's fine. But... You know, explaining the solar system isn't that hard." He teased with a light grin.

"That reminds me. You don't have any colleges in here, right? You did go to school... Right?" He asked with slightly furrowed brows. Hell, he was a bit embarrassed to ask that, but he honestly didn't know. The puprle-eyed male let out another heavy sigh before groaning softly, shifting yet again. "What do you do in your freetime if you have any?" He asked with a thoughtful expression. Just what could people do in here? Take walks? Go swimming? Read?

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm bound to the farm even if I, say I did, wanted to leave. What I do does give us a profit, though my Pop's work pays more bills than anythin' else. He work's at some company I don' know." Shrugging, Harold continued with a half smile, not knowing if his next information would be a good, a bad or a neutral thing, "As far as education goes, I finished elementary and my first year at high school. Noth'n school had to offer helped me, so I just stopped goin'. My mom wishes I finished it, but respects ma decision... And for ya information, yes I do know some things about our solar system." 'Some' as in he knew the sun was in the middle, that it was very hot and all the other planets were around it, but his little smirk suggested he knew plenty of it.

The solar system didn't help manage a farm. Learning about Egypt didn't teach you how to manage a flock of chickens. Essays weren't practice on how to aid the birth of a baby cow. Physics can't explain why rain falls... or could it? The point was that school was unnecessary for Trip plain and simple. He wasn't embarrassed about it either; you give a test to him and watch him fail, sure you could laugh, but give a city kid to catch a hen and it'll be a fest of hysterical laughing.

Samuel listened to Harold quietly, still keeping his opinion. "That's the point, if your dad stopped sending you money, you wouldn't be able to leave this place. You have to earn the money, and you have to help your mom around... I think that counts as being bound to this." Samuel just really hated being wrong; it didn't matter in what situation. One time he actually got into an argument about what sex position was better - missionary or doggy style. His partner preffered the first one, while he liked doggy better. It ended up as his win, obviously.

However, what Trip said next seriously stunned him. It was pretyy obvious from the way he stared at the younger, disbelief in his eyes. "...So you haven't even finished highschool?" He asked quietly, eyes wide. That sounded... Unreal. He wanted to go to another college, to get more education, and this guy didn't even finish highschool?!? "Isn't it illegal to drop out of school until you're sixteen?" He questioned, staring at Harold still. God, this guy must be quite stupid then... Stupid and dirty. Gods, what could be worse...

The idea of being 'bond' to a place and job he loved didn't make sense at all. It couldn't be possible to be bonded like this, because that inferred that he had no choice. What the poor boy didn't understand was that Samuel was actually right in a way. There was absolutely nothing better than a being a farmer that Harold could do without finishing high school. Without that standard diploma, the odds of him doing anything else was basically zero... But being bound to something you love? That doesn't sound that bad.

Shrugging back at Samuel, Trip mumbled, already telling that the city boy thought lower of him, "I don' know about it ben' illegal. I never got in trouble... Maybe I jus' got away with it because education ain't really a big thing around here. Or maybe that rule isn't here. Either way, I can get along just fine without it. You probably don' even know half of what goes inta keepin' a place like this run properly."

Samuel sighed heavily, staring up into the sky with a small frown on his face. The brunet closed his eyes a bit later while a small "tsk" left his mouth. "The rule is everywhere, it's the law... Maybe you did get away because you live here and not in the city." He mumbled and opened his eyes to shoot a quick glance at Harold. The chances of bringing this guy along to the city were getting less and less.

"Yeah, I know nothing about working in a farm, that's true. I never thought I'd need it - just like you thought you wouldn't need education... And now look where I am." He said with a sigh. His gaze drifted back to the sky, getting a bit hazy, somewhat dreamy. Guess he'd have his fun while he could then... He could always find another guy in Tokyo, that wasn't a problem to him. If Harold wouldn't come along... Because he was sure as hell he wouldn't be staying here for longer than he had to.

"Yeah, but I'm not plann'n on heading out in the city ever. My dad might jus' try to make me visit him in Tokyo, but I'll jus' refuse the offer... Nothin' really." Harold mumbled, stretching out his arms over his head, "Ah well. I think it's best if we get back to our homes. I got things to do and it'll be dirty work. Don't think ya will like that all too much, am I right?" Yeah, eh did have things to do, but really, he kinda just wanted to be by himself again with his animals. Sam gave Trip a mix of feelings, and it was not yet easy to say if he'd really want to be friends with the city boy or not. They seemed to do well without each other in their lives.

And he really just wanted to go away as fast as possible but turning his body to Samuel, Trip looked down at him with an awkward expression, staring at the other boy's eyes and lips. He had a look on his face that he wanted to do something but was very unsure as his mind went back to 'Tokyo's customs'...

Samuel left the first part ignored, just staring up into the sky as before. "Actually, I'd appreciate it if you helped me, like, tomorrow, on how to work in here... I'm gonna need some knowledge, I can't just sit around all day after all." Maybe I'll actually find something I like... The brunet thought with another soft sigh before slowly sitting up. He didn't like animals all that much, they kind of disgusted him, but... If Harold managed to show him something different about them, maybe he would actually see them in some kind of different light.

The purple-eyed male simply couldn't ignore the other's stare right now. He lifted himself up from the ground, gently grabbed Trip's chin and pressed their lips together once more - this time, a bit longer than the first time. "That's a see you soon kiss." He chuckled and let go. "So, can I come over today to watch the stars?" He asked with a wide smile on his face, running a hand through his hair lightly.

People who live in Tokyo must have strong nerves or something, because the damn kiss made Trip's face red all over. Why kissing? It could have been a wave, a shake of the hand or a hug or a mere hello, but no. It was kissing. Nodding, the boy tried to make it seem as if he wasn't affected by the kiss by clearing his throat and patting his pants to rid himself of any sticking grass and dirt after he got up from the ground, "Aum... W-Well. Right. Ya know where my house is right? By the... No wait. Yeah, it's by the main road. The left of your home. You probably had seen it on ya way here." Shaking his head, he took a deep breath to calm his non-Tokyo nerves, which were very frail.

Feeling a bit better, he continued, "An' I'd like to help ya, but tit'd be best if ya dress in somethin' you don' mind getting dirty an' all." Trip looked at the stream and let out a small sigh, "I'm pretty sure my momma would like if you could stick around for lunch tomorrow..." His eyes went back to Sam's purple ones with a new found smile, "Will ya be willing to stay for it?"

Samuel just couldn't take his eyes off of Harold when he blushed. It was just so cute... The man found himself shivering with excitement. He wanted this boy to be with him... "Sorry - could you show me to it? I really have no idea where it is. And, um... I doubt I'll know how to get back home from there. Could you, maybe?" He asked with the slightest bit of hesitation as he ran a finger over the other's cheek. "I'd really appreciate it."

"I'll find some old clothes I can use, don't worry. And of course I can stay for lunch! My mom is horrible at cooking... Though my dad's a genius in the kitchen. He makes some amazing things..." The brunet talked with a smile before brushing a hand over his ass to see if there wasn't any dirt. "I can't wait to watch the stars with you."

He scratched his cheek, the one Samuel and brushed his finger across, since it made his skin give a strange tingly sensation, and swallowed some thick saliva, "My momma cooks better than god would be able to do himself, I'm sure of it. You'll taste it in her cherry pie," he laughs to try and feel less awkward, motioning the other to come with him, "We'll go by to my house first, maybe ya can meet'er before I take ya home. There ain't much around here, so it's kinda easy to remember where all the things are."

The long lane they lived on was extremely long and the main road was close, but it was necessary to have a car. It was only the woods that were around and a city boy like Sam was sure to get lost if he didn't have help. Harold knew it all like the back of his hand, recognizing a rock with moss on it to a tree that had more dead leaves than the others.

Samuel chuckled at the way Harold described his mother's cooking while shaking his head. "My dad's no worse, though his meals are often really, um, fancy." He said with a light grin on his face while observing Trip quietly. "But I can't wait to taste the pie. I could already smell it was good; the taste must be amazing." The brunet talked as he began walking after his new "friend". Being himself, he really couldn't help the fact that his gaze slowly moved to the boy's ass and hips. Round and nice, just how he liked them... My god, he couldn't wait to get his hands on them.

"Ah, I'd love to meet her! She sounds like a very nice woman." Samuel said once he shook off the imaginations of him, bluntly saying, fucking Trip. Who knew if that would actually happen, but he sure hoped it would. "I hope I can remember how to get to your house tonight... I'd hate to get lost." The man sighed as he walked a bit faster for a few steps so he'd be next to Trip instead of behind him. "Maybe you could just show me the whole village in the next few days? Like, where to get food and everything."

He kinda wondered how food could be 'fancy', but then he recalled a magazine his father showed him when he visited. The whole page was full of script writing and in the smack center was a white plate with the most tiniest serving of food he had ever seen. That was fancy right? Ending the thought with a small huff, Trip faced Sam with a smile, "Not a problem, Sam! In fact, me and my momma were gonna head into town to sell some things an' buy too. Maybe ya can come along when the time comes!"

Once his hazel orbs caught purple ones, Harold thought he finally learned the symptoms of Sam's eyes. He had stared at them longer than socially necessary and when he had to look away, his face felt hot. It couldn't be helped however; they were hypnotic and there was a hint of danger in them that may or may not even be there. Trip was still so unsure of Sam, but there was no reason to act suspicious. Not yet at least.

Samuel smiled softly and shook his head at the offer. "No, I don't think I can. I'll probably be kept in by my parents... Sure, I could run away for some time, but your mom would probably give me out. And anyway, they'll go to the shop when they need, and I don't want anything for now." The brunet explained with a quiet chuckle. It was confusing even for him, yet he hoped Harold would get some partof it at least... Hopefully.

"Do you have a pond or a lake anywhere near? Or just the river?" He asked again, observing the other as he blushed again. Red cheeks were seriously so cute... He could barely take it. No, he couldn't take it at all! Samuel really had to look away for a few moments to collect himself. Of course, that was disguised as simply looking around...

"Oh. Your parents must be strict... Mine generally let me be. I ain't a bad kid, so they don't need'a worry." He scratched his cheek, hoping to rub away the red tint of them, but there was no need to after hearing the next question. Trip bit his bottom lip and picked at his fingernail, giving an unsure answer, "As for the lake or... pond. There's only the river nearby. The lake is far away, too far away. Sorry, Sam."

Harold lived here all his life and knew everything, has been everywhere there was to go, and yes, there was actually a small pond just further past the stream. Why did he lie? The pond was special to him, along with other places hidden in the woodsy land, and he wasn't comfortable just showing it off to this new boy. He didn't want Sam to think lowly of it or even know the significance of it.

Samuel groaned softly, shaking his head. "They're not so much strict as much as they hate me." He mumbled with a frown. "I can't wait until I can get away from them and never see them again." He sighed out, ruffling up his own hair. It was always messy because of this habit of his. It was both annoying and not - didn't really make him look bad or anything anyway.

"Ah, alright." He answered with a calm smile, though it was quite easy to see through the boy. Harold seemed to be a bad liar. But why hide something as a pond? Oh well. "Hey, let's hurry up. My parents might go crazy if I-" His phone began ringing. Samuel groaned lightly and answered it, flinching as his mother began shouting. He looked at Trip and smiled apologeticaly as he listened to his mother call him names and remind him over and over what a mistake he was.

"I'm sure they don' hate you Sam, I..." He uttered as the other boy answered the phone, also shocked too to hear the loud voice over the phone. How was it possible that itty bitty, skinny woman could create such a loud noise? Trip's mouth hung open a bit hearing the words coming out of her mouth, getting scared even for Sam, "W-Well... um..." Yeah, it was pretty obvious how the mother felt; and these people called themselves Christian. It was almost funny. Almost. Under all of the mother's ranting, Trip said quietly enough she wouldn't hear, but Sam would, "I can see why you wanna get away, now. That's cruel." He looked at the phone as if it were a deadly poison, which it was in a sort. Those words may as well have it's own sector in Poison Control.

Samuel rolled his eyes in a "tell me about it" way while pulling his phone away from his ear. He simply ended the call as his mother was mid-way through the sentence on how much better life would be without him. "So... You wanna show me around today instead?" He asked with a light grin, really not feeling like coming home right now. "Can you believe she says that each time she calls? It's basically - hey, mistake, I need you to buy me something. Can your worthless brain remember? God will send you straight to hell if you don't do this for me. Why are you such a horrible son?" He imitated his mom with an irritated expression. "She can shove her God into her ass for all I care."

Trip looked down and gulped. He could never handle people like that... Better yet- he never has dealt with someone like that. The kids from his past school were different, annoying, but an adult, a mother, was a completely different story. Putting his hands in his pockets, the boy sheepishly looked to Sam with a small smile, "I'm sorry you gotta put up with stuff like that... If it makes things any better, you can hang out at my place whenever ya feel the need to. My momma probably would prefer if ya did, tell'n me I need friends to bring by the house more often. It'd work out best that way won' it?" His smile brightened a bit, hoping that he'd be able to provide Sam a safe place. Even if Trip's nerves did get poked from the other's apathy to the job he loved so much, he honestly didn't like the idea of Sam being around the demon of a mother- even if he was long used to it aready.

There was clear disbelief in Samuel's eyes when he heard Harold and his offer. "You'd really let me?" He asked, lips staying parted slightly. Soon they stretched out into an honest grin as he ruffled up Trip's hair and laughed. "I'd really appreciate that~" The brunet said with a wide smile, stuffing his hands into pockets. "But, like, only if you really don't mind me staying over sometimes. I swear, sometimes I just have to run away from them..." He groaned out softly, shaking his head. "I'm kindda jealous of you. Your life is way simpler." Samuel mumbled out with a small frown.

Harold held a smile almost as big as Samuels, especially from the other's comment about life being 'simple'. It may seem that way, but it didn't feel that way at all to him. Sam was too naive with this! But who could blame him? It was poor Trip that thought kissing someone on the lips meant to express gratitude... well. Not in this kind of way, obviously. After shaking his head, for the purpose to settle out his hair, Trip looked to the grassy floor and spoke without really thinking, which was a big mistake, "Simple... I kinda got a feel'n that my life is going to get plenty more exciting now that you're here..."

Wait, no! His mouth shut tight instantly and his eyes widened. W-Why on earth would he say that?!

Samuel realized he was somewhat staring at Trip, but that smile was just... Cute. He couldn't stop himself from staring. The brunet took a moment to realize that Harold said something, yet when he did, his grin widened even further and he lightly patted the other's head. "I'll see if I can do something about that~" He teased with a grin before pulling his hands to himself as he continued walking. The man did notice that Trip got embarrassed, or at least made it seem like he did, but that didn't quite matter. What he said must've been what he felt - and that was only for the better... At least for Sam.

"Hey, how long 'till we get to your house?" The purple-eyed male questioned as he looked at his new "friend" and smiled widely. He was curious to see what the other's mom was like...

Do something about what? His lips turned into a wavering line, unsure of what to say, or how to react to what he said as his cheeks flushed red for the thousandth time today. That one was his fault though, and he'd make sure that he would never slip again in front of his 'friend'. Though it was odd to have the other boy stare at him like that... He couldn't handle the embarrassment at all anymore, so he avoided Sam's gaze completely, "I-It's just'a little more walking. We'd see it, but there's a lot of trees in our w-way..." He tried to swallow up some nervousness before continuing, "If you wanna get on my momma's good side, ya should just try and compliment her 'collection'."

Samuel certainly didn't miss the blush that came back, nor the obvious avoiding to look straight at him. It was cute how flustered the other was - he even began stuttering! The brunet couldn't help but grin as he nodded at Harold, lightly patting his shoulder. "Hey, you sound nervous. Everything's fine?" He asked with the smallest bit of worry seeping into his voice and expression. It wasn't all that real, in fact, he was having fun with Trip! "And thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to use it." He added with a smile, his hand lingering on the other's shoulder for a little bit longer than neccessary. He soon pulled away completely, putting his hands back into his pockets. He so didn't want to see his mother right now... The teen could actually feel his phone vibrating in his pocket again, but he didn't pay any attention to it at all.