Can someone suggest me mangas like Hoppe ni Himawari?

YaoiFG

Hi everyone! I hope this is the right place to post this suggestion request. If not, then obviously I probably have failed to find a thread specifically made for requesting manga suggestions list based off of users own opinions for other users. And as such, I apologize firsthand.

Anyway, If this is the correct place, then this is my problem at hand:

Can anyone give me a list of suggestions of shounen-ai/yaoi mangas that are similar to "Hoppe ni Himawari"? Now, I could only think of this forum site to ask and expect good suggestion lists because for one, I know I am already a member here: So instant access to all the good stuff; And two, because I see no other place that heavily places it's knowledge on ALL THINGS yaoi/shounen ai stuff like this place does. Yeah! :D

Anyhow, let's get back on topic.

Now, to be more specific on what I'm looking for to read, the manga has to have unique characters.

I have tried some of the ones listed below, so please avoid suggesting these titles, yet again:

1. Kizudarake airabuyuu

2. A oneshot about two otakus, where one is a bookstore worker and the other is a graphic designer? The bookstore worker has long hair and tall, lanky figure while the other one is short and chubby. (I'm not sure the details and I forgot the title of the oneshot, but it went along the lines of that.)

3. A yaoi novel about a man falling in love with a chubby guy. I forgot the title for this novel too.

So, other than these titles, I will DEEPLY HUGELY appreciate your short/long list of mangas along the genres that I have described above, thank you so much in advance!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YaoiFG

• BlueNeon

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed that manga is unique due to the fact you can rarely see a fat character in manga in general. ;)

Here, some suggestions:

1.Dame BL

2.Sweet Bitter Candy

3.Koi no Enchousen

4.Cucumber Sandwich

Indeed that manga is unique due to the fact you can rarely see a fat character in manga in general. ;)

Here, some suggestions:

1.Dame BL

2.Sweet Bitter Candy

3.Koi no Enchousen

4.Cucumber Sandwich

Thanks for this sweet list! Ah, I sort of did forgot to mention that I don't mind spoilers of what to expect from the mangas as well, for my motto is: Know the enemy, hence waste not time for them if they aren't worth your time :-p something like that :D

However, thanks so much for the list. BlueNeon!!

Know the enemy

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, sorry for not giving you details. Well, Dame BL is a collection of oneshot stories. Personally, I have have 3 favorites: Dame BL - Be here to love me (I find this really good, if not the best oneshot in the whole volume - A funny story about a guy who has a foot fetish and a weird obsession for a blog in which a random "girl" posts pictures with her legs. He later finds out that the "girl" is actually a guy). Then we have Dame BL - Natsu no Saigo (No comedy, but it's inspiring ;P Two childhood friends are now old and one of them is sick. Won't say more). And then LOCAS. (Weird, but I liked it xD)

Sweet Bitter Candy is more about drama and romance (and probably less than 1% comedy, lol). I suggested it only because it involves weight loss, fat male lead, diet, etc.

I think I forgot to mention Vibrator company. The title says it all. xD It's about a vibrator company.

Oh, aslo, Kareshi glamorous - I think it has what you can call 'intelligent comedy'..at times weird, but funny. ;D